FM12 Arsenal Thread - Life after Cesc

llama3

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I have finished my first season, and it did not go as intended.

5th place in the league. Way too many draws(9). I had way too much trouble scoring goals at the end of the season, as both Chamakh and RvP got injured. All I needed was a point somewhere else. A ridiculously lucky deflected own goal against man utd that turned a draw into a loss. 22 shots at home to Norwich and no goals. A draw at Sunderland in the second-to-last game of the season because of an own goal. Taking only one point against Newcastle for the whole season. A draw against Man City due to an 85th minute goal after I'd been on top the whole game. So many chances that we couldn't take advantage of, and we'll be in the Europa League next year.

In other competitions, I went out in the Semis of the Champions League to Man United. I thought I'd be ok after a 0-0 away first leg, but then I got smoked 4-1 at home. Went out to Wigan 3-2 in the 3rd round of the league cup, and went out 5-1 at man utd in the 6th round of the FA cup.

Players of the season: Chamakh, RvP, Rosicky, Koscielny.

Looking for next year: Back in the top four, another striker(maybe Afobe can perform a bit?), and I'm not really sure what else. Consistency? A left-back? Probably a midfielder of some sort, as well as perhaps a winger. But it's a bit of a disappointment, especially as I was only 4 points from second.

Anyone finding it impossible against Utd they are quite overrated IMO Hernandez in particular. My friend played through with Chelsea and Hernandez had racked up 28 goals in 25 games as Utd averaged over 4 goals a game.

Anyway 2 wins and 1 loss so far (Loss at OT with 4 ridiculous mistakes) and I qualified for CL.

Ins

Gaston Ramirez- Loan

Emre Can- £2M

Marko Marin - £19.5M (playing dreadfully)

Cristian Ansaldi - £12M cheaper and as good as Baines IMO

Vrsaljko - £2M Sagna injured in pre-season and he was at fault for 2 Utd goals just giving them possession

Tshabalala - £375k - not even in 25 man squad but should be sold for profit

Zakary Labayad- £4.5M - mostly just cover in the MC position since Wilsheres injury and Diaby not really suiting the style of play I am hoping to create

Outs

Manuel Alumuni- £1.9M

Ignasi Miquel - £500k - shame he looks to have real talent irl

loan some youngsters

Key players

Ryodinho came off the bench to bag a brace against QPR as we were struggling to break them down.

Walcott carried me through to the CL group stages as a understrength team (one eye on the Utd game) nearly went down to Dynamo Kiev

Arsenal FM12. Started a 3 way with 2 mates last night. One is Liverpool ( Who have only £2m to spend ) & the other is the dirty spuds.

Done my usual non-Wenger deals but always go mad season 1 then buy one or two here & there. Most of the below are over 48 months so I can test my finances fully.

Out -

Arshavin - £15m

Koscielney - £10m

Djourou - £10m

Almunia - £1.9m

Rosicky - £1m

Chamakh - £10m

Will look to get rid of Diaby & Squillaci in Jan once fit.

Some of the above sales are FM12 related, some are my personal choices & views on themn as players IRL.

In -

Cavani - £29.5m

M'Vila - £26m

Hummels - £21m

Subotic - £12.75m

Vrsaljko - £2.5m

Hazard - £45m

Gotze - £45m

Cissokho - £13m

Team -

Gk - Shezza/Fab

Dr - Sagna/Vrsaljko/Santos - Auto

Dl - Cissokho/Gibbs/Santos - Auto

Dc - Hummels/Mertesacker - D

Dc - Vermaelen/Subotic - D

Mc - Song/Frimpong/Ramsey - BWM

Mc - M'Vila/Wilshere when fit/Arteta -BTB

Amr - Hazard/Walcott/Chambo - IF

Amc - Rvp/Gotze - AM

Aml - Gervinho/Gotze/Miyachi - IF

St - Cavani/Rvp/Park - CF

Delighted with deals, especially as I best my Spuds mate to Hazard & Cissokho. Got decent cover in all positions & can rotate between busy season. Formation & tactics based on Man City IRL. 2 Strong Centre Mids with all Attacking Force in front 4.

Can anyone post the PA of the young players like Ryo, Ox, Frimpong, Jenkinson etc? Away from my computer at the mo

Ryo and Frimpong:

Oxlade-Chamberlain:

I don't know Jenkinson's, I'm afraid.

Out -

Arshavin - £15m

Koscielney - £10m

Djourou - £10m

Almunia - £1.9m

Rosicky - £1m

Chamakh - £10m

Will look to get rid of Diaby & Squillaci in Jan once fit.

Some of the above sales are FM12 related, some are my personal choices & views on themn as players IRL.

I can understand the rest of your sales, but why Koscielny? He's a very good player on this game and in real life. :confused:

Wow, ManU are ridiculously good on FM12. I just lost 5 - 1 to them at Old Trafford. They tore my defence to shreds, despite starting all first choice (Gibbs, Verm, Per, and Sagna). Ridic. My only goal was RVP in the first minute (needless to say, I was pretty excited than; if I only knew what was coming).

Anyways, season update: not many transfer moves to begin. I figured I'd see what I could do with what we had, all while building for the future on a base of Wilshere, Chamberlain, Ryo and Ramsey. Only move in was Daniel Schwaab on loan as cover at right back (he is doing well in that role) and Alumnia out. Saved myself a pretty warchest for January, just in case everything goes terribly wrong. After the ManU loss, I'm 4th in the table on 12 points after 6 games (Liverpool are on 10 points with two in hand, however; Stoke is on 9 with two in hand, as well). Here are my results in the league:

Tottenham (H) 3 - 1

Liverpool (A) 1 - 3

Blackburn (H) 3 - 2

Aston Villa (A) 3 - 0

Newcastle (H) 3 - 0

Man Utd (A) 1 - 5

In Champions League, I drew Dynamo Kyiv, which had me a bit nervous. After scraping out a 2 - 1 injury time win on the road to open the playoff, I comfortably won at home, sending me through. I drew Ajax, Zenit and Otelul in group play. I have only played one match, on the road against Otelul, winning 1 - 0 (with a second side).

Overall, team is playing well. Defence is shaky, though. I am conceding lots of goals to set pieces and crosses (whats new?).

I'll keep ya'll updated.

Just got to the end of January and things are going incredibly well.

We are top of the league by a point over Man U which is quite surprising. We had a minor blip at around the quarter mark due to me trying to iron out tactics and whatnot. In the final of the league cup against Wigan, sure fire win then eh. Qualified top of our group in the CL and now awaiting the draw, Just smashed Bolton 4-1 to move into the 5th round of the FA cup so atm things are going well here. Only made one signing and that was Thiago on loan from Barca, he impressed me so much that I have just made it permanent for 15m and I guess he can only get better.

Signed a transfer listed Raul Albiol, but he does not join until the summer, suffered second defeat of the season to West Brom :mad: and about to try win my firts trophy, league cup against Wigan.

And I'm decimated by injuries :(

season update so far

summer signings - Willian, Vrsjalko

Jan signing- Leandro

out- rosiky, Alumunia, Park, Terminated youssi contract, Diaby and squlachi out on loan

CC won

top of PL by 4 points from UTD with 8 games to go

CL in to QF- beat barca in the last 16. 1st leg home 3-2 2nd leg 4-5 (won 6-8) 2nd leg hole of 2nd half with 10 men, RVP double in 4 mins won it

Nepoli to play in QF and NUFC and FA cup semi

both Real and Barca are out of CL so have a great chance of doing the quad in 1st season if i can keep RVP fit whos got 34 goals so far, theo 20 as a right side IF Gervinho 16 as left side IF, Arshawin 15 as Attacking mid Willan 12 and has played all 3 roles Chamack 12 goals too ( both RVP and Chamackh as TQ). Jack has just returned and has been impressive in first few games.

Lost home and away to UTD and still city to play away.

Signing Adryan in summer and will look to add a LB, and sell AA23, and use OX and Ryo more

Beat Real Madrid 6-3 on aggregate to book a place in the final against Barcelona. Hopefully I can get some revenge. :)

Mr Rice just pointed out that I only need 3 more points to win the League. Hopefully I can win it against Liverpool!

Keep losing silly points with stupid defensive mistakes. Mertesacker has been utterly dreadful as Cover for me so cannot wait for the return of the mighty Kosc. Gervinho barely getting a sniff with Walcott playing exceptionally well. RVP a bit of a hit or miss and Arteta and Ramsay have both been woeful particularly the former. Still 2nd in League and most likely going to top my CL group so can't complain. Ryodinho has been sensational as an impact sub but I think more than likely he will end up with a low potential. AOC hasnt played much bar in the League Cup and he hasn't really impressed at all. Vrsaljko has pretty much pushed Sagna to backup RB however with some great performances to make up for his early mistakes.

Will Honda qualify for a work permit? My scouts have been telling me he won't qualify, but I really want him!

Right I've got a work permit for Honda! The scouts did say he would probably fail but what do they know! Both Honda and Asamoah have agreed so its now decision time, but what should I do??? I probably won't be playing tonight but will have to decide by tomorrow. I can only sign one or the other.

Right I've got a work permit for Honda! The scouts did say he would probably fail but what do they know! Both Honda and Asamoah have agreed so its now decision time, but what should I do??? I probably won't be playing tonight but will have to decide by tomorrow. I can only sign one or the other.

i would take Honda

Just finished my first season;

League: Came 3rd, had a disastrous run of form towards the end which essentially ended out title hopes.

FA Cup: Got beaten in the final by Man U, decent run when using mostly youngsters

League Cup: Won it, not that I really care lol

CL: Got knocked out first knockout round by Villarreal, 3-2 on aggregate, was pretty unlucky in the away game.

Transfers:

This summer I got rid of the deadwood, e.g. Bendtner, Diaby etc and brought in Remy for 25m and Angel Di Maria for 12, he was transfer listed for some reason even though he played 30+ game for Madrid last season.

I'm hoping for a good season

I got Di Maria aswell Dazzler, has been immense! until he got injured :(

lady luck decides to **** all over me and I get beat my Chelsea in the quarter finals of the CL I'd be more upset about It were It not for the fact that Injuries screwed me In that draw, and all the suspensions I got in the 2nd leg would of screwed me against real madrid :D

well well well :cool: got revenge on Chelsea thanks to Tevez, who in the process broke Thierry Henry's record for goals in a season, go on to face City in the FA cup final

League: 6 games left, 2 points ahead of Chelsea and level with Man utd however they have played a game in hand. Not got any of the big 4 to play in those last few games, and I'm currently winning 2-0 so all Is well.

Transfers: randomly got offered sissoko for 29 million, kindly declined :D

Chelsea won 2-0 in the home leg against Madrid, whilst 3!!! former gunners helped city beat barcelona 4-2 Arshavin, Nasri and Adebayor :D

What is up with all the insane older regens in this game! Rarely happened before this FM but I have seen plenty of people posting 25+ regens from the 2nd season onwards

Its when you add a league.. There insanely good players in France aswell. Its a bit silly to be honest. :p

messed up big time :( got thumped 3-0 by Bolton and now Chelsea have to slip up in the final 2 games for me to win it, I'm level with Man Utd and currently beating them on GD. gonna be a crazy last 2 games. I also beat City 4-1 in the FA Cup so 2 cups this season :D

Final league day action.

Needed Man City to beat or draw with chelsea who were top, and had to outscore Man Utd who were against 18th place QPR. I was against Everton, Beat Everton 5-1 and Man Utd won 3-0, however City failed to beat Chelsea who won 1-0.

so season ended in 2nd place with 2 cups :D

Now to see who wins the Champions league between City and Chelsea

I was also struggling to think how to fit Di Maria, Vela and Miyaichi in the same team, however Vela just asked for a move after his half good season, so that is that solved

malikoi

I see never knew that thanks!

----------------------------------

Man Utd are unbeatable in my game Rooney scored 32 in 24 games and Hernandez is averaging nearly a goal a game although he hasnt played in all 24 games. Methinks they are definately due a toning down.

QPR have a new enemy in the form of Ryo Miyaichi. First time away from home he comes on and bags a 2 minutes brace to stop us dropping points with goals on the 88th and 90th minute. Next time we are struggling at home against them again with them sitting deep chuck on Miyaichi and he bags another brace this time on the 80th and 88th minute to stop us dropping points again! SUPER SUB.

Man Utd are unbeatable in my game Rooney scored 32 in 24 games and Hernandez is averaging nearly a goal a game although he hasnt played in all 24 games. Methinks they are definately due a toning down.

They're unbeatable by me, but that's really it. They were one of the teams fighting me for top 4 at the end of the year, but they've beaten me 4-1, 5-0, and 5-1 in 3 of the 6 matches I've played against them. It's pretty frustrating.

They're unbeatable by me, but that's really it. They were one of the teams fighting me for top 4 at the end of the year, but they've beaten me 4-1, 5-0, and 5-1 in 3 of the 6 matches I've played against them. It's pretty frustrating.

Beat them at the Emirates 4-2 to avenge a 4-2 loss at OT but really annoying since there is no way Wayne Rooney would ever reach those figures totally unrealistic and he just needs to be toned down.

Beat them at the Emirates 4-2 to avenge a 4-2 loss at OT but really annoying since there is no way Wayne Rooney would ever reach those figures totally unrealistic and he just needs to be toned down.

On the other hand, Utd aren't doing anything special in my game. Although I agree that Rooney's in game performances exceed his real life ones.

Amazing end to my 2nd season with Arsenal.

Man U were running away with the league, having only drawn 4 and lost none until April 24th (when I beat them 1-0 at the Emirates) and they lost their penultimate game of the season so my 1-0 win at home to West Ham handed us the league on goal difference. Won 13 in a row in the league including stuffing Chelsea 7-1 win Edinson Cavani scoring 6 (I sign this guy in every game - he's incredible. 49 league goals in 30 games and 63 in 44 overall this season).

The most amazing part for me this season was the Champions League. I've been in the tactics forum trying to sort out my defenders just backing away all the time and I got stuffed 7-2 away to Dortmund. Press conference before the second leg I just said we had to get out of the blocks etc, then told the lads I expected them to win, set them all on overload, full attack, get stuck in etc. The result? Arsenal 9 - 1 Dortmund.... Won the competition in the end with a 10-1 agg win over AC Milan in the quarters, 3-1 agg over Barca and beat Liverpool in the final.

Most exciting season I've played in a long time (I don't really do it justice here!). My defenders still don't flipping tackle though....

What formation are people who are winning the EPL using? I am doing ok but only looking at a 4th place finish in by 1st season. I'm using 4-1-2-2-1. Ideally I like to play 2 up front but the squad is overloaded with midfielders and it would mean dropping alot of good youngesters.

Also picked up a bargin in Jan, signed Sergio Busquets (sorry if thats spelt wrong!) for £14m. Gives the midfield something a bit different

I use 4-1-1-2-2. Full backs, Centre Backs, Deep Lying Playmaker, Advanced Playmaker, Inside Forwards (on the wing), Target Man and Complete Forward. I do score lots of goals, 114 in PL last season, and as you see above loads in Champions League, but have a big problem with my full backs letting players run. I think, after various discussions, it's because they're not very good at defending! I do also have an excellent squad now (after abusing the monthly instalments setup).

I use 4-1-1-2-2. Full backs, Centre Backs, Deep Lying Playmaker, Advanced Playmaker, Inside Forwards (on the wing), Target Man and Complete Forward. I do score lots of goals, 114 in PL last season, and as you see above loads in Champions League, but have a big problem with my full backs letting players run. I think, after various discussions, it's because they're not very good at defending! I do also have an excellent squad now (after abusing the monthly instalments setup).

Do you not use any sort of defensive mid? who do you use for the DLP & AP

Do you not use any sort of defensive mid? who do you use for the DLP & AP

I play M'Vila as a Deep Lying Playmaker. I have Ganso or Wilshere/Ramsey as Advanced Playmaker and he's the team's playmaker. M'Vila has all the qualities of a DLP so I use him that way, unless I need him to be an Anchorman. If I play Song, then he's an Anchor Man. The only changes I make to the Player Instructions in the whole side is to stop the FBs running with ball and crossing so often, and everyone to stop shooting from range.

(On a side note, it's a real shame that, as he's injured for so long at the start of the game, it's really hard to get Wilshere up to scratch for a great side...)

Archived