FM12 Arsenal Thread - Life after Cesc

llama3

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Feels good to have a proper save going after the demo :)

My team did nothing but score on the demo but has been poor going forward, although we just won 6-0 away to Sunderland after a few tactic tweaks, so fingers crossed.

Signed

Sime Vrsaljko 2m

Sven Bender 8m

I usually splashed out on a top player to play AML on FM11, but decided to hold out until after the first season to try and steal Coentrao if Madrid don't play him much, or see if the Gotze price drops as making loads of 30m or 40m signings ruins the game for me. I can do the odd signing for around 30m sometimes, so Gotze better go down to that kind of price :D

I got it this morning, yaaaaaay! ;)

NO bragging allowed :(

Just started my first Arsenal save. Any ideas for a RB to bring in as back-up to Sagna? I don't quite trust Jenkinson so I'll likely be putting him out on loan.

I'll chip in three Right-Backs that may interest you [They don't deserve a starting role ahead of Sagna but, nevertheles, all good back-ups];

Christophe Jallet - PSG - Might be hard to loosen PSG's grip on him; especially with the financial muscle behind them.

Julian Koch - Dortmund - Young, better than Jenkinson & good on and off the ball.

Andoni Iraola - Athletic Bilbao - Experienced Spanish international. Would probably be the best option.

ok time for a little update of my continue from the demo.

Still in 3rd place, and the chances of finishing top or 2nd are very slim :thdn: The Manchester clubs have ran away :(

January transfer window - Brought in Seamus Coleman from everton for 7 million, and sold arshavin to man city for 6, he chose them over me, so meh.

Premier league - 9 points behind second place city, and 10 behind man utd, with 6 games left.

Cups - Lost the carlin cup to chelsea 1-0 :( Got battered by Bayern Munich in the Champions league and reading knocked me out of the fa cup. so pretty much downhill in all cups.

However Wilshere is now back and I look forward to him helping the team as much as we all know he can :D

Am I going to be the only one who removes Wilshere's injury before starting up a save?

So tempting. I managed to resist.

City are looking very good on my save, but after a patchy start I've hit some good form and top the table at the moment.

Still after a AML, tempted to invest in January but need to resist temptation until the the end of the season.

I have just finished with my first preseason.

These were my transfers

D7B700A99A528D90C2370D73EDA122BD0C1FE5A0

I wanted to see how the team does first half of the season before making massive changes. I may buy an attacking mid of some sort in January if I'm having difficulties. (I'm also looking for a GK on loan, because Fabianski is out 5-6 months and now I'm a Woj injury away from having to play Damian Martinez)

Just started my first Arsenal save. Any ideas for a RB to bring in as back-up to Sagna? I don't quite trust Jenkinson so I'll likely be putting him out on loan.

I'd go for Vrsaljko too, I have bought him in all my demo games, as he is cheap, and he has always very-very solid for me. In a full save he may take over from Sagna possibly in the future. And he seems to adjust very quickly.

got a crash dump after getting demolished by Fulham 3-1 :D load the game back up and realise I need to replay spurs, Liverpool and fulham again, won them all this time but It cost tevez top scorer :(

into the transfer window now, will update when I come around to my first PL Match

this season I shall get a trophy!

And England knocked out in group stages of the euros!!! oh dear god!

So for my first FM2012 save i thought id go with the tried and trusted Arsenal save, i splashed the cash around a bit as you can see from my transfers, but i think it was money well

spent on the whole

http://i623.photobucket.com/albums/tt317/trivium123/Arsenaltransfersfirstwindow.jpg

Im playing with a slightly modified version of my successful 4-3-3 formation that brought me success in FM2011 with Barcelona, tweaked slightly as i dont have the Magic of Messi, but i guess the Genius of Gervinho will make up for it

http://i623.photobucket.com/albums/tt317/trivium123/Arsenaltactics.jpg

Come on the Gunners!

ok about to start the 2nd season, here are how things are for me

Transfers in: Esteban granero - 3.9 million

Angel Di Maria - 14 million

Tom Cairney - 8 Million

Strohdiek (regen keeper who is 25 yo) - 5 million

Criscito - 18 million

The Di Maria and Cairney transfers were done before getting my new budget, and players i sold were...

Players sold: Squillaci - 1 million

Coquelin - 2.7 million

Denilson - 4 million

Diaby, Lansbury, Bendtner and Miyachi all out on loan

Just got beat 1-0 by Manc City, pretty undeserved score.. They should of won by atleast 8 goals. Super, super Szczensy! Arshavin, Sagna and Gibbs all injured long term.. Jenkinson will have to play in the Champions League as my other RB is cup-tied. Or I could play Koscielny at RB, not sure yet.

Oh and Llew, il click it enough for the both of us until you get back haha! ;)

I loaded up Arsenal for my first FM2012. Just slogging through the pre-season now. A couple of my thoughts:

- board wants title challenge first season? Wow, I guess they are getting impatient. Arsenal also seem to perform better on the game then in real life, anyways. Also, at least they are giving you the cash to make a title challenge a possibility.

- wow, the first thing anybody should do on their save is pick up a right back. Jenkinson is still silver stars and not even in the first team when you just load up. I see a lot of people talking about finding a back-up to Sagna in this thread, but I think I might go out and get a RB with the ability to start, as Sagna is getting up there in age. We'll see what I can find. Someone going out and getting Seamus Coleman from Everton intrigues me.

Those are the things that stand out to me thus far. I beat Barking 14-0 in my first friendly (poor, poor lower league sides...).

Bought the full game and enjoying it so far...

Updated my coaching team, (Bowen is a good coach to sign tactically/defensively) and added Keown as a coach, now all my star ratings are 4 stars and above...havn't created any coaching methods yet though.

Here are my transfers.

OUT

Chamakh to Real Madrid - £10,000,000 (Half now, half over 36 months)

Almunia to Real Madrid - £1,900,000

Ryo Miyachi - Loan at Lorient (Thinking of sending Frimpong too?)

Total - £12,000,000 (according to game)

IN

Doumbia from CSKA - £9,000,000 now £5,000,000 over 48 months and another £5,000,000 after 50 games

Eriksen from Ajax - £7,500,000

Fazio from Sevilla - Loan Fee £1,700,000 with a future fee of £5,000,000

Yaya Sonogo from Auxerre - £3,400,000

Van Der Wiel - £11,000,000 then another £5,250,000 after 30 league games (Sagna is being unsettled)

Yaisien from PSG - £2,100,000

Prestia from Palermo - £3,000,000

Emre Can from Bayern - £750,000

Total £43,500,000 (according to game)

I have 3 formations set up, an attacking 4 2 2 2, a fluid controlling 4 2 3 1 and a 4 3 3 to play more conservatively away and against better teams.

.........Doumbia(p/a)....RVP(dlf/a)

Gervinho(if/a)........................Theo(w/a)

.................Arteta(cm/s)..Song(bwm/d)

Santos(fb/a)..Verm(cm/d)..Fazio(cm/d)...Sagna(fb/d)

...............................Chezney(gk/d)

.................................RVP(cf/a)

Gervinho(if/a)................Eriksen(am/a)..........Theo(w/a)

.................Arteta(cm/s)..Song(bwm/d)

.................................RVP(cf/a)

Gervinho(if/a)..................................Theo(w/a)

...................Ramsey(cm/s)..Arteta(ap/s)

..................................Song(dm/d)

Obviously Ramsey, Gibbs, Der Wiel and etc will get game time. I'm a bit worried about the dm position as Song goes to the ACN, but hopefully Coq and Frimpong can cover....I know Coq is very highly rated!

Gotta love The Ox. Heading into a tough away day at Zenit in the champions league group stages and full of injuries. We play decent for the first 75 minutes but Zenit came into their own and went ahead 1-0 on the 80th minute. Theo is having a shocker so I bring on The Ox, I turn my head from the screen for a second, next thing I look and see The Ox through on goal and levels it with a fine finish. I am happy with a draw at this stage, then I see The Ox picking the ball up deep on the left (he came on as a left winger), he runs with the ball beating a couple of players getting to the byline on the edge of the area puts in a great lofted cross and Gervinho has the simple header at the back post for the win.

Gotta love The Ox.

Just hit January and Park has asked to leave since he didn't get many games. Tried to talk him out of it as hes a good squad player but no luck.

Decided to sign a top quality striker to replace him as Robin has only managed 13 games out of 30+. I like Chamakh and he does well for me, but I felt I needed a more explosive player. He's managed 6 in 14 starts. After quite a bit of scouting/offers I ended up signing my number one target Cavani for 21m.

Arteta is outstanding on this game. 22 games, 6 goals, 21 assists. Highest average rating in the league.

Hi all just thought i would post after completing my first season with arsenal, managed to get time off work to play the game, have just won the quad with arsenal the league was really hard came down to last game of season level on points with tottenham and luckily they could only draw and won by 2 points,

star players of season

ter stegen fantastic gk - young german perfectonist and with a heavy heart he replaced szczesny,

wilfried st- this guy is like drogba mach 2, fantastic physical attributes and scored 37 goals out of 40 games,

gerviniho winger - this guy is sick on the right wing and assisted with 28 assits and 16 goals

vrsaljko rb, originally used as backup to sagna then switched sagna to lb due to injury to gibbs and come on leaps and bounds.

going to try to go for gotze and lb prob look for cissokho

Just as a cover for cd/dm if song get's hurt. His stats were low on the last few FM games, but he always outperforms them. Not sure Mert is good on FM either, too slow...

Mertesacker is a beast on FM. I've signed him on pretty much every version, so when he signed in real life I was quite pleased. He does get exposed sometimes, but if you face a side loaded with pace just put Koscielny in.

Less than a month into pre-season and I've used up the entire of my transfer budget, in fact, I spent twice more than what was given. Though at the end of the day, I'm pleased with my signings. They were rather extravagant and I must admit, I paid silly money to get them.

ScreenShot2011-10-22at101807PM.png

A question, how do I get another team to bid for my players without looking desperate to offload them? After getting Eden Hazard, having Andrey Arshavin in the squad looks a lot like a waste of wage bills. He is in need of a new contract but I do not see his worth, looking at his age. I would much prefer to replace him with a younger talent.

Has anybody tried to offload Tomas Rosicky and Andrey Arshavin with succession? If so, do share. =D

I bought Ryan Shawcross cause I needed an English centre back and he looks better/younger than Gary Cahill though if I had it my way, I would of gotten both of them, perhaps next season, Gary. Since this purchase I had this itch to turn Johann Djourou into a Defensive Midfield so I could rotate with Alex Song (I know E.Frimpong and the other French boy are good back ups). Has anybody done this to Johann? What are your thoughts on him playing in this role?

Archived