Football Manager 2012 Demo *OFFICIAL* Feedback Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What are the chances of this ever happening in real life? 1 in 1,000,000,000? Surely his ambition and "throwing money around" attributes must be sky high?

rmadridboardroominterac.png

as a test I gave arsenal lots of money.. ended up spending 68 million pounds to buy neymar.

Hello guys,

I have a little issue and i wonder who can help me out!

My internet download ability is very short so i didn´t had the possibility to dowload the demo this year and im waiting for friday to buy the game. Unfortunatly im in Spain right now living (im portuguese) and i don´t know if the box version comes with the portuguese language file or only with the english/spanish one.

So if it doesn´t, is there any possibility to find the file of the portuguese language (one year it happened to me and i just used the one in the demo version but this year i can´t do it) or will i have to play it only in english/spanish?

tkx for your help with this issue!

cheers

Guys,

If you use a tactic from fm2011 does this mean you cant use shouts? Its sort of blacked out in game so I cant select one (and yes I have made one) and Im a bit worried because some people say they are more important this year?

Also, if you use an old tactic like I am doing, does this mean you can't select deep lying forward for example? I only seem to be able to pick the basic position types like defensive midfielder.

Apologies if it has been mentioned. AI managers... Has it been mentioned that they have been improved at all when building squads etc? Obviously the demo is only 6 months long so we can't tell from that. Just wondering if SI said something about it.

Guys,

If you use a tactic from fm2011 does this mean you cant use shouts? Its sort of blacked out in game so I cant select one (and yes I have made one) and Im a bit worried because some people say they are more important this year?

Also, if you use an old tactic like I am doing, does this mean you can't select deep lying forward for example? I only seem to be able to pick the basic position types like defensive midfielder.

I use my tactics from fm2011, and i definitely can't use shouts. But in the demo, shouts doesn't seem to have too much of an effect.

That's because i can't use them, but i was very dominant with Arsenal, and now i'm dominant with Dundee Utd.

Don't know about the deep lying forward example, as i don't really use those kind of roles. But, shouts....i don't find them important at all. I do great without them :D

In the tactics area of FM11, you set it so you could view all the players for a specific position on one side of the screen, and view their stats (with the most important for that position highlighted) on the other side as you moved each player into that position. I found it very useful but I can't seem to do it on the FM12 demo. Has it been taken out of the game, or is it done differently now?

Edit: Here's an old screenshot I have saved, and it's what I mean.

MiltonKeynesDonsMKDons_Tactics.png

Sorry to quote my own post, but I was wondering if anyone could answer my question please.

You have to click on the player instructions tab once you've picked your eleven players and their positions and roles now.

CelticTactics_PlayerInstructions.png

Still not what you could do in FM11. That only allows you to view the current starting 11. In the FM11, you could view all players you have.

The old scouting the next opposition was much better when it came to adviced from the scout on how to play. I.e "opposition plays throgh wings", or warning about "pacey forward". The way it is now its lots of statistics etc.(which is good if you like stats) but its hard to read them. Why not also reinstate the scout advices?

The old scouting the next opposition was much better when it came to adviced from the scout on how to play. I.e "opposition plays throgh wings", or warning about "pacey forward". The way it is now its lots of statistics etc.(which is good if you like stats) but its hard to read them. Why not also reinstate the scout advices?

It is a shame the new stats presented in the report are not accompanied by the old style reports, although it annoyed me that the scout either told you how the team played or talked about mins when goals were scored, that seemed stupid.

Using the new scout reports I tend to just take match prep advice and note anything obvious (like if the Oppo defence is slow, or if the Midfield are poor at tackling) and set my tactic / shouts up to take advantage of this. Far more useful to me is assessing the Opponents Squad screen, I have customised to show usual positional info & appearnace stats and added Pace, Composure, Favoured Foot & Bravery fields, from this I know which OI's to use and get an indication of how to set up tactically. Interestingly in Non League clubs (Cup ties) the opponents generally nearly all have low bravery and a strongly favoured foot but to set such OI's (show weaker foot & tackle hard) actually disrupts your team more than the opposition, because they are generally of poor quality I guess. Just an observation....

Just a quick question, have the marquee players in the A League been fixed to how they are in RL. This was extremely frustrating that they were automatically chosen in FM11 and before.

Sorry for the self quote but, does anyone know?

my internet went down temporarily yesterday .. and suddenly can't play FM demo any more, had to sit and wait 4 hours till internet is back and able to play the demo again?

hope same thing will not happen with the final game

seriously ? why steam stop me playing demo unless connecting to my account in steam every time?

as much as i support anti piracy measures .. but why making playing a demo a nightmare ? is that so they show their latest game every time an ads pops out from steam advertising a new game once quitting FM?

I know this year it's possible to add leagues once you begin a game,but can you also increase the DB size?

If so,I would download the demo...

No you can't, you'll get a few more players if you add leagues but not enough make the DB significantly bigger, if you're a slave to the large DB it's better to wait for the full game to start your career.

I agree new scout report are better, but they are far too numerical to handle. I think the earlier one should also be included. So that you can read basic report before next match and go for detail if it is an important match.

Apologies if it has been mentioned. AI managers... Has it been mentioned that they have been improved at all when building squads etc? Obviously the demo is only 6 months long so we can't tell from that. Just wondering if SI said something about it.

Anyone know the answer please?

Question--did anybody ever find out which new GK stat is in the game? I don't see anything..here Mile's quote from the blogs:

And whilst we’re talking about stats, there's also a new subscription-based competition news item which tells you who the top performers are in various stats on a regular basis. And some new goalkeeper stats, which you can see for yourself when the demo of FM12 are released.

Archived