FM11: The Official Manchester United Thread – Big club seeks rich, caring owner

CPS

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I imagine it's only after release, when people can access the editor.

Just been part of a conversation between Rooney and Macheda, in which Macheda rejected being tutored by Wayne. It's annoying, because Macheda "Feels he works well with Rooney", so i thought they'd make a good pair.

Won the friendly cup, beating Stade Malherbe Caen 7-0 in the final :) A few decent goals, and Chris Smalling scored two off the bench! Even though it was only a friendly, I'm still pleased with the manner of the victory, and I feel I have a fairly strong squad, with more than capable backup.

And Bale, Bebe was signed for £7.5million during the summer, so that is his current value at the beginning of the game. It will decrease over time, and Nani's will increase if he is playing well.

It's like if you sign a player who is worth 10m for 20m, their value will become 20m. However, it will decrease over time, in relation to performances.

Anyone used Bebe yet? He's impressed me so far in friendly games, although they are just friendlies. I might consider having him on the bench every now and then, as Man Utd don't have a great back up right winger anyway. Can't wait to see how good he will get in the full version.

Anyone used Bebe yet? He's impressed me so far in friendly games, although they are just friendlies. I might consider having him on the bench every now and then, as Man Utd don't have a great back up right winger anyway. Can't wait to see how good he will get in the full version.

Valencia, Nani and Park are our right wingers. No backup?

Snapped up for Defour for 6 mil which I find quite a steal given his very good mental stats. Also his technical stats are decent, and with some exp + training he could be a very good player for a decade or so.

8 mil for lukaku after first season, and wickham for 3 mil. Finally Sanchez for 12 mil. Seems prices are somewhat manageble this year, so to use SAF terms, "theres good value on the market" if u ask me.

FabioMVP, I use Nani as first choice left wing, so I'm not including him as backup for right wing in this instance, as I'd generally put him left wing if I had the chance. I sold Park, but he is quite useful backup to have, granted. As I sold him, though, Bebe is backup for me. I probably won't sell Park in the actual game, but I thought I would try and generate some extra funds for the demo.

And 7zige:

rooneye.jpg

giggsk.jpg

scholes.jpg

Rooney is beastly on this one, scores some good goals too.

CPS, great OP. Was wondering where did you get your graphics from? Looks awesome!

Thanks, if you take a in this thread you'll find a massive facepack.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/127827-Football-Manager-Cut-Out-Megapack

Be prepared for long downloading times if you want to use it though.

Finding it impossible to unload anyone :(

Judging by some of the blogs recently I think this will only be the case for the first season/first transfer window.

I've already got my signings planned out.

Replacement goalkeeper - Maarten Stekelenberg (going to sign in the second season in main game I think)

Left winger - either Fabio Coentrao or Eden Hazzard (or both)

Central Midfield - probably Defour, would like someone more creative though.

Striker to replace Rooney - has to be Suarez

Finished my first run through of the demo with United. 2nd in the league two points behind Arsenal, into the Champions league group stage and in the Semi-finals of the Calring cup, not bad considering I just used a basic tactic. Eden Hazard has been excellent, as has Rooney, shame he won't be around much longer.

Do you guys think Rooney will still have the 'Shoots with power' and 'Shoots from distance' PPM come the full game? I seriously can't remember the last time he shot with power as he nearly always prefers to place it and he's not exactly the type to shoot from long range regularly. What do you think?

Coming near end of preseason so here my transfers so far and line-up.

Think players we have can win the title so no big names needed and would equal value for money at this time so the future is in mind

In

Neymar - 15mil over 48 months

Igor Akinfeev - 15mil over 48 months

Romelu Lukaku - Loan with view to buy

Main Out

Park Ji Sung - 4.5mil Aston Villa

Wes Brown - 3.7mil Lyon

Line-Up

-------------------------VDS

Rafael---------Vidic----------Rio---------Evra

Valencia---------Scholes---------Fletcher---------Nani

----------------- Berba --------- Rooney

Rooney still in but he may get upset if I don't go mad and spend a load of money :rolleyes:

Loaned a few young players out like Bebe to teams who will play them most of the time.

Do you guys think Rooney will still have the 'Shoots with power' and 'Shoots from distance' PPM come the full game? I seriously can't remember the last time he shot with power as he nearly always prefers to place it and he's not exactly the type to shoot from long range regularly. What do you think?

The one thing he shouldn't have is 'like To Lob The Keeper'. When was to last time he tried that?

Normally tries that chip these days but he is known for his shot power and shooting on sight so a tough call.

I think he should have them but there is reasons for him not too.

The one thing he shouldn't have is 'like To Lob The Keeper'. When was to last time he tried that?

Tbh, I think that he tries to lob the keeper more often than he shoots with power. That's not saying that he does it often though.

Normally tries that chip these days but he is known for his shot power and shooting on sight so a tough call.

I think he should have them but there is reasons for him not too.

Yeah, that's true. I'd prefer him not to have those PPM's though as it's been so long since he's used them. Oh well, doubt it's going to be changed for the final version because it's really annoying when he starts shooting from 30 yards so often :(

I really want to find out how good the youngsters will become now (through playing, not checking ;) ).

You could already field pretty much a whole team of young players who could become premiership standard. Defense of Evans, Smalling and the twins. Macheda and Hernandez up front (Welbeck too). Bebe, Obertan, Cleverley, Gibson. I don't know how many of them will become top players, but I'd like to think they could all become at least good backup players at the club.

Judging what some coaches are saying the following young players could all make it in the Premier League if you're lucky (not necessarily top class all of them of course): Macheda, Obertan, Petrucci, Smalling, Bebé, Brady, De Laet, Eikrem, Will Keane, McCullough, Morrison, Pogba & van Velzen + you have the boys on loan like Cleverley, James & Welbeck.

A little disappointed with Vermijil. Not seen him in real life but I at least expected him to have some potential but he just looks rubbish.

I wonder if Morrison will be better this time... I had several games last year and he never really quite cut it despite the staff saying he's the best youth prospect at the club and his PA.

Played Bebe in the Antwerp friendly and he scored two cracking goals. First one - Valencia surged down the right wing to the byline and crossed it, Bebe arrived late in the box and smashed one in with some serious power! Second one he dribbled from inside our half and curled in a 30 yarder! Don't be put off by his under developed attributes, give him some game time. I played him at M L, set as a winger (attack).

-TV-

ws just having a little play around with the demo during my lunch break at work. had an offer accepted for £12.5m for akinfeev (£5m up front and £7.5m over 48 months). Lukaku also had an offer accepted for £8.5m. Liking the looks of both of these deals so definitely going to get these 2 in.

Getting Lukaku will probably mean i sell Rooney. Ill try and bring in Neymar also and hopefully get both of these in for less than i can sell ronney for which will be good business long term.

Good deal for both players... i rem on fm 2010 i need to pay at least 15m or more for Akinfeev. Lukaku got the potential to become world class player, good replacement for rooney.. i try to selll rooney off for 40m..

Archived