FM11: The Official Manchester United Thread – Big club seeks rich, caring owner

CPS

Being a Liverpool fan from Liverpool I've never been Man Utd. on an FM game untill now. With FM '12 being out in less than a month me and my mates decided to pick teams for one another to manager till next month. I got suggested Utd, I thought why not. Pleased with the team and youth set up so only got 3 transfer targets in mind:

Higuain (sell Berbatov + possibly Owen)

Sergio Ramos (need a permanent RB)

Hamsik (need a good AMC, Inter want too much for Wesley)

I could also do with a DM, maybe Busquets from Barca but I doub't he'd leave his home club, any suggestions?

3 spring to mind,m'villa,sissoko and khedira and a cheaper version try a brazilian called casemiro.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Being a Liverpool fan from Liverpool I've never been Man Utd. on an FM game untill now. With FM '12 being out in less than a month me and my mates decided to pick teams for one another to manager till next month. I got suggested Utd, I thought why not. Pleased with the team and youth set up so only got 3 transfer targets in mind:

Higuain (sell Berbatov + possibly Owen)

Sergio Ramos (need a permanent RB)

Hamsik (need a good AMC, Inter want too much for Wesley)

I could also do with a DM, maybe Busquets from Barca but I doub't he'd leave his home club, any suggestions?

Definitely M'vila or you could get Etienne Capoue for a cheaper option

yeahh , but if he gets injured i only have park , but i think i will give it a bash and see how it goes without bringing anyone in i have already bought kaka 10.5, m'villa 15 , marvin 11.5 & sold gibson 3.5, cleaverly 5.5, diouf 4.7, berbatov to barcelona on loan & owen to arsenal on loan

yeahh , but if he gets injured i only have park , but i think i will give it a bash and see how it goes without bringing anyone in i have already bought kaka 10.5, m'villa 15 , marvin 11.5 & sold gibson 3.5, cleaverly 5.5, diouf 4.7, berbatov to barcelona on loan & owen to arsenal on loan

I'd highly suggest Juan Manuel Vargas. He's been an absolute beast on my 11.3 save game with Manchester United.

i ended up buying hazard :) because i sold anderson , dont want to buy anyone else this season so in the summer i will either get bale or vargas and sell valencia :D

i wanted to buy ross barkley but i then i noticed pogba & james so no can do , scouser **** :D

Hazard is a great buy even though he is not a natural AML. I guess it's personal preference TBH as I want typical left winger who hugs the line, runs down the wing and puts crosses in. In that sense Vargas was brilliant for me.

Hazard was truly unbelievable for me, I recommend him at any chance! My United game started way back on 11.1 patch, so I wanted someone who could be an inside forward to rotate with Nani to begin with, and he was cheaper than Neymar at the time, even though I eventually bought him too! :D

I am just about to start a challenge I have came up with for football manager 2011 and i will update thread as I get further through the challenge.

My challenge is be Manchester United using this current seasons squad to try and recreate a new version of the Busby Babes.

So I am trying to create a first team squad with players with the ages between 16 - 26

any players over the age of 27 I will try and sell and I am only allowed to buy players between the age of 16 -26 and must stick within my wage budget and transfer budget. it shall be interesting to see how i do and will force me to buy young players.

if anyone wants to try this challenge please post on here.

in my man utd save every month im losing around 8M, 6M is for bank loans, how do i tackle this ?

after the first season do you get some cash injection ?

It's because of the debt. If you spend a lot Chairman will provide a cash injection to keep up with the running costs, but I think you shouldn't spend a lot as you don't really have to with such a team.

It's because of the debt. If you spend a lot Chairman will provide a cash injection to keep up with the running costs, but I think you shouldn't spend a lot as you don't really have to with such a team.

Cool Im Gonna Keep The Team I Have :)

Was Gonna Get Bale Or Vargas But A Can Stall For A Few Seasons & See How Morrison Pogba & Co Do :)

got to the league cup final :)

put birmingham out of the fa cup 4th round :)

got nottingham forrest :) .... again ( put them out of league cup in semis )

hammerd sunderland 7-1 :D

cant seem to pull away from spurs though, we have played 24 won 20 and drew 4 , only top by 4 goals :|

man sh*ty and liverpool are joint 3/4 on 57 points.. more to come

this season is not the best i have had lol :)

eventually got bet by chelsea

played 10 won 6 drawn 3 lost 1 :( sitting 3rd

still time to change it i suppose, didnt help nani getting ruled out for 5 months when i won the community shield

valencia has been rather pleasing at times though, rooneys been injured most of my 2 seasons every time he comes back he plays a few then gets injured , thinking about selling him as hernandez is the ALPHA MALE :D

Goodluck Fab, may the best thread win. I'll have mine up in about 20-30 minutes.

Ta Stevie. :thup: Good luck to you too. My Internet is really slow and I don't feel like posting the thread until I have everything set and ready to go. So, hopefully people can wait for an hours or two. :)

Archived