FM11: The Official Manchester United Thread – Big club seeks rich, caring owner

CPS

I have just started the season and bought some player but now after playing 4 games they requested that they want to leave. They saying they not getting games when they are lol. It seems harder on this demo to keep people happy

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gandycoleuk - I had the same strikers and found that I didn't need that many. Loan out one, if not both of Lukaku or Macheda. You can always take them back in January.

Either that or sell Owen.

Id agree with this although if you dont plan on continuing yor demo save when the full game comes out then you could keep them all and give them all games also just to see what they are like.

hmm. I just finished the demo.

top of the league with 53 points after 21 games.

won 16 and drawn 5:/

Lost my one and only game in champions league. away to valencia. finish 2nd because of that.

I bought quite alot of players (mainly youngsters) in this game. thinking of continuing my game once the full version is out.

3 players out of which are bought to compete for first team place.

hamsik-15m

hazard-16.5m

akinfeev 12.5m

and other youngsters. which include thorgan hazard(eden's brother)

sold gibson and park to villa. seems like the only team willing to buy

kuszczak was loan to barce. no one wants to buy him.

my stand out performer for me personally is mr evra. never once put a foot wrong for me. very solid in defence.

stats wise, rooney will be the one. 18 app, 12 goals, average rating: 7.63

he even won the european striker of the year, world golden ball and world player of the year runner-up.

chicharito was outstanding as well. with 12 goals in 16 games for me(:

hamsik and hazard had 7 assists.

something that puzzles me in the game.

my vds has worldwide reputation!

what puzzles me is that he was out for 3 months from end of aug to 1st week of nov.

when he recovered, his stats did drop quite abit.

I did use him, in few games. so hmm. some bug? what ever it is, I like the fact that vds gets the recognition!

looking forward to the full version!

Will hopefully be able to sell more players when I can start a game from scratch with a large database and more leagues loaded, so can generate more cash. Hopefully someone will buy Carrick for £15-20 million, but I won't hold my breath.

Having spent several hours on the demo in the last 4 or 5 days i get the feeling a few of my players may become a little unhappy as i plan on seeling off the following on the full game:

Kuszczak, O'Shea, Brown, Park, Carrick, Gibson, Obertan, Owen.

Hopefully that will bring in somewhere between £30m-£40m so i can add a decent long term replacement for ferdinand to my list of targets.

something that puzzles me in the game.

my vds has worldwide reputation!

what puzzles me is that he was out for 3 months from end of aug to 1st week of nov.

when he recovered, his stats did drop quite abit.

I did use him, in few games. so hmm. some bug?

Its not a bug, VDS is almost 40 and its logical that his attributes will drop quite a bit in the first season. That's why buying a goalie for United is the main priority in FM11.

Once I get the main game I've decided that I'm not going to make too many transfer so PJS, O'Shea, Brown, Carrick etc will all be staying. Going to try to develop the young players and sign mainly young British and Irish youngsters with good potential for a bit more of a challenge.

Its not a bug, VDS is almost 40 and its logical that his attributes will drop quite a bit in the first season. That's why buying a goalie for United is the main priority in FM11.

sorry, i think i didn make myself clear. his stats dropped was not a surprise to me, but rather, what i meant was since his stats is dropping, it puzzles me that vds gets worldwide reputation. if i am not wrong, he started with continental? and giggs stats is dropping as well, and so did his reputation. he is now national.

just thought i explained myself.

Thanks mikeaji.

Agree about the reputations. Just because Giggs is getting older, it doesn't mean the rest of Europe suddenly forgets who he is! Maybe it's to do with in game mechanics, like what level of club he will go to and what sort of wage he would demand. Otherwise Pele and Maradona would have a reputation of "Who?!"

Still struggling to find a quality keeper at a decent price. Akinfeev and Frey just don't seem to cut it right now. In the full game, might just get Coentrao and Paulo Henrique and try to put the rest into Lloris

Hugo Lloris is always a must buy for me, Legend on FM10 for me :)

sorry, i think i didn make myself clear. his stats dropped was not a surprise to me, but rather, what i meant was since his stats is dropping, it puzzles me that vds gets worldwide reputation. if i am not wrong, he started with continental? and giggs stats is dropping as well, and so did his reputation. he is now national.

just thought i explained myself.

Sorry lpjh, I did misunderstand you. If Giggs and VDS' reps are dropping then that is a problem.

As we are talking of signings, De Rossi has been amazing. One of my favourite players but not managed to get any special performances out of him on the last couple of Fm's but as an MC on attacking...yes attacking, he has been my best midfield player. I know he comes at a cost but with the other bargains around he wouldn't have to be your only signing and he is worth a buy to realy put something special in the middle of the park :)

Poli and Ganso would make a great pair in the centre of the park for years to come, but I tend to get Toni Kroos every year. Mr Consistent for me, and one of my all time favourite FM players, so if he is good again I'll definitely sign him.

Hope he's a -10 again

I also noticed Owen in the England on my game despite not playing much.

wow, 9 seconds is going to take some beating. Nice to see others using Eden Hazard, he is amazing.

I have had a goal scored in 9 seconds on previous FM's and I'm pretty sure that there is something hard coded into the game that makes it impossible to score quicker than that. And I don't mean my opinion, I mean I'm sure I read it...someone can search the forums if they want...I however have had a long day at work and can't be a***d lol.

Good work, Norris McWhirter says you're a Record Breaker.

it's funny. michael owen hasn't played a single game for me so far (7 games into the epl season) and is languishing in the reserves. yet he's been called up and started in every england international.

mr capello are you watching the games??

This happens in every FM - Owen will get in on reputation alone. Pretty poor tbh.

Off topic - Chicharito just looks so good irl :cool:

I had to transfer list Evra after he incited a dressing room revolt along with Van Der Sar. I cannot have any of these nonsense in my dressing room and the only reason van der sar is still around is because I haven't got a goalkeeper yet.

42 shots, 20 on target, 66% possession, what cracking tactic did you use?

I use a mix of tactics that I try making myself, I like to experiment alot, right now though I'm using a 4-5-1

I think I'm gonna end this demo save and then make a few separate Man Utd saves with the focus on finding any half decent players from around the world

Like the fact that if you can upset players then offer them a termination they go without any compensation. As I couldn't sell Gary Neville, Wes Brown, Michael Owen and some Reserve Players before the Transfer Window closed, have at least managed to get them off the wage bill by terminating them.

Presently sat in November enjoying a good start to the season with 13 wins from 15 games and currently no defeats. Very pleased with my signings of Coentrao, Hamsik and Rodwell. Coentrao has settled in really well and last two weeks of October got on the scoresheet several times and picked up man of the match a couple of matches in a row. Very pleased with the signing, just hope in the retail game they don't decrease his ability or raise his price.

One thing, I'm gonna do when the game comes out is get rid of any dead wood in the staff. It seems that United is stacked on scouts but most of them don't have decent attributes. I'm playing two different saves of United, one for home and the other at a work.

Why do you play 2? Could just swap using an USB stick, dropbox or the like.

Why do you play 2? Could just swap using an USB stick, dropbox or the like.

I know it's a hassle playing two different games, but I experiment with both saves. Primarily, on my work computer, I've tried to retain the current squad with making minimal purchases while at my home save, modeling for the future. It's not like the computers I'm playing on are bad, one is a Mac Pro, the latest model out, and then a custom machine that I built.

Archived