FM11: The Official Manchester United Thread – Big club seeks rich, caring owner

CPS

I brought Neymer for £12.5 + 10%, Palombo for £8m + 10%, Lukaku & Wickman for small amounts up front and the rest in payments - not sure why really as the demo finishes before thay are worth playing!

Neymer and Palombo are quality, but I found that Hargreaves is outstanding once he regains his fitness so won't buy Palombo in the main game. And will probably go for a right back instead.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
thanks for your help also on the fastest goal. ill take a look at that when i am at home. i know it was first minute but want to find out how many seconds.

If you can find out the number of seconds and post a screenshot I'll put you up on the records. I guess another way of finding out is to watch the highlights and take a screenie as the goal hits the net. Ishu's way is best though if it lists your goal in seconds.

Grozny - What formation are you playing to get Nani to perform that well?

4-2-3-1.

e8uyb5.jpg

An agent offered me Alexis Sanchez for £10m so I couldn't say no! Ganso (Paulo Henrique) was £12.5m, and Moussa Sissoko was £10m as well, all over 48 months. All 3 did really well and I'll certainly be buying them when the full game comes out.

Evra and Rafael as wingbacks (automatic)

Rio and Evans - Central defenders (defend)

Fletcher and Sissoko - CM (defend & attack respectively)

Nani - Inside forward (attack)

Ganso - Attacking mid (attack)

Sanchez - Winger (attack)

Rooney - Deep lying forward (support)

I finished the demo top of the league by 7 points (W17, D2, L2). Top of my CL group (W5, D1, L0 - Roma, Schalke and Rubin), but I got knocked out of the Carling Cup by Spurs.

4-2-3-1.

e8uyb5.jpg

An agent offered me Alexis Sanchez for £10m so I couldn't say no! Ganso (Paulo Henrique) was £12.5m, and Moussa Sissoko was £10m as well, all over 48 months. All 3 did really well and I'll certainly be buying them when the full game comes out.

Evra and Rafael as wingbacks (automatic)

Rio and Evans - Central defenders (defend)

Fletcher and Sissoko - CM (defend & attack respectively)

Nani - Inside forward (attack)

Ganso - Attacking mid (attack)

Sanchez - Winger (attack)

Rooney - Deep lying forward (support)

I finished the demo top of the league by 7 points (W17, D2, L2). Top of my CL group (W5, D1, L0 - Roma, Schalke and Rubin), but I got knocked out of the Carling Cup by Spurs.

Seems very similar to how I would play my team. Fancy uploading your tactic so I can have a quick tinker with it?

Note to everyone when they start on the full game:

Check out Molde, Rosenberg and Tromso - they've got some great young players. Particularly a lad called Markus Henriksen at Rosenberg - make a note of him now!!

I'm planning a long term save with Molde (one of United's feeder teams and producer of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer!) to test out the new Dynamic League Rep in FM2011.

Yes i have seen henriksen in the good youngsters thread and he looks pretty good. Also worth looking at a guy from Dinamo called Milan Badelj as he is a good 21 year old midfielder also and only cost £2.5m.

On the tactics i really want to try and make a decent 4-2-4 tactic this year as i want to give nani a proper run this year as well as using chicharito and rooney as my initial partnership until Lukaku and Macheda start to look like solid players. Mine so far has been ok apart from a silly loss to wolves just after beating chelsea 2-0 away from home so maybe needs a little bit of work but hopefully ill produce one thats fairly consistent this year.

I try to avoid the good youngsters, good strikers, british youth, etc threads until I've played the game for a while - so I have a chance to discover at least SOME talented youngsters myself. Yeah, Badelj looks good again on FM11, probably better than he was on FM10 - he went to Marseille for £1.2m on my demo iirc.

I found that fluid works best for Man Utd so far. Tried rigid and it didn't work so well.

So far 1st in my league, P9, W8, L1. The loss was a stinker to Arsenal when Evans failed to track RVP's run.

Purchases:

Neymar 11 mil pounds over 48 months

Hazard 19 mil pounds over 48 months

Defour 6.6 mil pounds over 48 months

Contrenoao 6 mil pounds over 48 months <--- had to readjust my budget to push this deal through

Was offered Alexis and had a contract struck up, but could not proceed as I ran out of cash. Still I'm pretty happy with my acquisitions.

Playing a 4-5-1 with 2 inside forwards

First XI/Back Up

Van Der Sar (Kuzsack)

Rafael (O'Shea)

Ferdinand (Smalling)

Vidic (De Laet)

Evra (Fabio or Fabio Contrenoa)

Nani (Neymar)

Carrick (R.Giggs)

Fletcher (Defour)

Hazard (Scholes)

Valencia (Nani, and then Neymar will take up the left wing)

Rooney (Macheda/Chicharito)

United's Midfield in my opinion needs a lot of work. Extremely disappointed with where a lot of the stats are currently. I signed Hamsik M'Vila and Griezmann for £38.5m. Hamsik looks like he could be a creative god and is a long term snip at £17m

Neuer looks terrible on paper which is really disappointing. Might be looking at Romero or Benaglio as a replacement for VDS

Asenjo's Composure is far too low to be considered as a 1 or 2 year replacement for VDS imo.

Would really like Gareth Bale in the proper game but I offered £40m and Spurs still wouldnt bite.

My DEMO finally works. I will use it to play just the I will in the full game with the release day patch.

I bought Taye Taiwo as a backup for Evra for 3.9 million pounds. I also bought Diego Capel for 15 million pounds as a rotation for Giggs on AML. When I begin properly playing in the full game I'll go for Vargas which I can pick for 12 million pounds who will be better solution, though he is injured for a couple of weeks at the begining.

Anyway, won all of my pre-season game, after that won against Chelsea n CS 2-1, won Arsenal 3-2, West Brtom 2-1, Stoke 1-1. Am soon aout to play against West Ham.

The best DEMO so far ever for me.

:thup:

Thats a bit steep for Hugo Lloris isn't it? I hadn't really bothered with a keeper in the demo as Edwin is good enough for the duration of it.

On FM10 the keeper I usually bought was Rene Adler but he doesn't look as good this time around, has anyone had any experience with him on the demo so far?

Note to everyone when they start on the full game:

Check out Molde, Rosenberg and Tromso - they've got some great young players. Particularly a lad called Markus Henriksen at Rosenberg - make a note of him now!!

I'm planning a long term save with Molde (one of United's feeder teams and producer of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer!) to test out the new Dynamic League Rep in FM2011.

Talking about Norwegians, there's a coach who I tried to hire no matter what club I was at in FM10 called Ørjan Berg. I notice he's still unemployed in this version (quickstart on Norway). Working with youngsters = 20, Adaptability = 18, Tactical = 17, Technical = 16, Determination = 15. You can probably get much better for United but there's no compensation with this guy and he'll only ask for around 1k a week.

You have an early record, could be tough to beat too. Poor old Sparta Prague on the receiving end again.

I knew it was very early in a game but could not figure out where to find it having stupidly looked at records yesterday and missing it. cheers for the replies though on this also.

Just beaten birmingham away 7-0 also. Been tweaking my 4-2-4 tactic and hoping i have stumbled accross something decent. Been using the recent tweaks for last 5 games and so far so good having scored 20 and conceded 0. The toughest game played though was probably home to Blackburn or the birmingham game so have to see if it works against bigger clubs

CPS, would it be worth creating a high score record for seperate competitions, or at least dividing it to some extent based on the level of the opposition? 7-0 against Premier League opposition is more impressive than an 8-0 win over Hereford in the FA Cup 3rd round for instance.

CPS, would it be worth creating a high score record for seperate competitions, or at least dividing it to some extent based on the level of the opposition? 7-0 against Premier League opposition is more impressive than an 8-0 win over Hereford in the FA Cup 3rd round for instance.

You could do it for each competition, but it will be hard to do it for each level of opposition because who will judge how good the other team are? And even if it's the premier league, Chelsea are of a higher standard than West Ham but will you count a 5-0 win against Chelsea as one record and a 9-0 win against West Ham as the record for "Poorer standard Premier League teams biggest win"?

Has anyone else on their demo have the board make extra transfer funds available?

I had £3.5m available after the 1st transfer window. got to November 1st and the board increased it to £17.5m. Have now got to the 1st January and the board gave me the option to change my season expectations. This meant that i could change my original title challenge to winner and they would increase my transfer budget by £30m to £47.5m. I stuck with the original title challenge even though i am 13 points clear. Then 1 day later they still increase my budget by another £4m. Im still losing money on the debts (£10m a month etc) and my balance is down to £53m so seems a little odd.

I think I'll change it to 'biggest Premier league win', 'biggest European win' & 'biggest domestic cup win'. I suspect many of the big European wins will be against clubs that have greyed out squads as I guess many people will play with small to medium sized databases. But there's not much to be done there & it is really just a bit of fun after all. Feel free to post your 7-0 gareth and I'll add you again for that.

Just finished the demo and have to say i am quite impressed with it. Absolutely loving Chicharito also, him and rooney have been class together. Rooney scored 23 goals in 24 games as a deep lying forward and Chicharito scored 20 goals in 25 games as an advanced forward.

Finished the Demo in 1st place with 55 points from 21 league games, qualified top of champs league group and in semi finals of league cup so a pretty good start. My 4-2-4 tactic i used for the last 11 games saw me win 9 and draw 2. (wins included home to both arsenal and liverpool and the 2 draws were 0-0 away to man city and 1-1- home to werder bremen)

Players In: Coentrao £4m, Lukaku £8.5m, Badelj £2.5m, Defour £6m, Akinfeev £12.5m. Also Poli for £7.5m but he came in Jan so only played 1 match for me.

Will definitely buy Coentrao, Akinfeev & Lukaku on the full version if they are at similar prices. Will also look to buy Poli and Paulo Henrique as they will become my long term midfiled partnership.

Are you going to keep posting the template, when the records have been broken?

Not to begin with because the records will be broken pretty regularly I'd imagine and people will get fed up looking at the template. A month or two after release when the records start getting more competitive I might start posting it each time there's a new one.

This was the 7-0 away to Birmingham.

Ok, thanks :thup:

Just messing around with some save games at the moment (only properly going to start with United when the full game comes out) and all Wigan's coaches rate Cleverley as a potentially leading Premier League left midfielder for the future. Even Joshua King is rated as a potentially good Premier League striker by the PNE staff.

I've played enough of the demo, only done a couple of friendlies and transfers, just wanted to get a feel for the game before it came out. Didn't want to get to the end of the demo doing well, then start one on release day and struggle. Would rather just struggle straight away :p

Hey guys, I'm just about to start the new season against Chelsea in the Community Shield and I find myself with 6 strikers - Rooney, Berbatov, Chicharito, Owen, Lukaku and Macheda - is that too many strikers and if so, should I loan/sell one of them away?

Thanks in advance.

Archived