OFFICIAL FM2011 Demo First Impressions Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok, on the subject of player conversations [which i dont think are too bad btw] i have a bit of a problem

Kuyt has an issue, in that he is worried by the lack of discipline, and i get a news item telling me so, so we have a chat.

i tell him we should both get on with our jobs, he says he's over reacted. job done. or so i think...

3 days later he's still concerned, so i have another chat, and repeat all the same options. he says he's over reacted. job done. or so i think...

next day he's no longer concerned by the lack of discipline, and he feels we have a good relationship, however now he is considering his options :(

can anyone tell me a bit more about the "sell on fee profit percentage" clause in the contract negotiations...?

is it just as it sounds - the PLAYER will get the percentage of the sell on fee?

thats crazy if so, doe that go on in real life?

thanks

Yes this happens in real life example alan smith gave his fee to leeds when he moved to man utd

ok, on the subject of player conversations [which i dont think are too bad btw] i have a bit of a problem

Kuyt has an issue, in that he is worried by the lack of discipline, and i get a news item telling me so, so we have a chat.

i tell him we should both get on with our jobs, he says he's over reacted. job done. or so i think...

3 days later he's still concerned, so i have another chat, and repeat all the same options. he says he's over reacted. job done. or so i think...

next day he's no longer concerned by the lack of discipline, and he feels we have a good relationship, however now he is considering his options :(

...and after that you're still believing that players interactions are not that bad?

the only problem am having is with barcelona on match commentry am finding it to hard to read text at bottom of the screen the blue background color is to dark i hope this can be fixed with the patch

roll on 5th november

not played much of the demo yet but so far im really liking the improvement on the contract negotiations when buying a player , im not sure yet about the media conferences was this not something that was meant to be improved if it has , the only thing i can see is a lot more questions that are pointless ?

also team talks i did not see many different options to the previous fm10?

still a step foward

One thing I can say is it looks good, it runs better on my laptop than 10 and the game is FB, I have to say the conversations with players is a brilliant addition the only thing is it would be good if we could talk to ass man and coaches in a similar manner,

I have already been shot to piecs by the arsenal board for asking for extra funds to purchase steklenburg!!

Love it. Honestly love it. THe only down side I have is the joint messages. I would love it if the League/National news was a different colour to club news (although I love the fact it's joint, I use to forget to check other news in FM10)

• SI Staff
VRAM 128mb.

128mb of VRAM is just about minimum spec so i'd expect a bit of jerkiness. How bad is it in 'Low' detail level? It may be worth you removing your cache files to see if that improves performance, also i've found that toggling between windowed and full-screen mode can improve things

Enjoying things so far. Not really liking the agents and player conversations at the moment, the screen just seems wrong for some reason maybe I have to get used to them. Is the free agent sell on fee me giving the player/agent 10% of the fee? If it is don't let the door hit you on the arse on the way out son :p.

Biggest issue I have had so far is the demo crashing a lot. It's always when I try to ALT+TAB out to look at the forum. I not 100% sure yet but I think it's always if I ALT+TAB out during the match being setup. Worrying as I ALT+TAB all the time, and I can't remember the last time a FM game or demo crashed most be 06 or 07.

128mb of VRAM is just about minimum spec so i'd expect a bit of jerkiness. How bad is it in 'Low' detail level? It may be worth you removing your cache files to see if that improves performance, also i've found that toggling between windowed and full-screen mode can improve things

Delete all my caches? The jerkiness is pretty bad to be honest. Looks like I will have to play classic 2D. Shame really.

When playing overseas from England why do the shopfronts behind the stadium have English names and the houses look like English terraced housing?

There are also I think not enough options when talking to players; they always seem to get crazily upset and i'm never able to say what I want.

• Administrators
When playing overseas from England why do the shopfronts behind the stadium have English names and the houses look like English terraced housing?

Yeah that's an issue we're aware of, thanks for bringing it up.

Bug: You can change the freekick/corner settings of an AI team when you view a team and then go to tactics. I'm not sure how to reproduce it. Try setting your own freekick settings on your tactic screen, proceed for one day and view an AI teams' tactic screen.

I'm really enjoying the demo so far. I agree with others about player conversations getting repetitive, but this is the first year they've been in and there wasn't much chance of pleasing everyone with it on their first attempt. I'm having a few terrible goalkeeping blunders in 3D match, for my keeper and my opposition keepers. Premier League keepers making ridiculous mistakes, and such. That's my only real problem so far though.

First impressions?

Well it's a love hate thing:

I start up the demo and see the new SI logo rolling across the screen (Whoever made that is a genius) now i'm 20 i live with my girlfriend i decided to set up my computer on my 50" screen and as soon as that logo came up my instant reaction was to say 'oooooo i love you'.....My girlfriend thought i was talking to her....SI i'm in the dog house now =/

Couple of problems with my team (Cardiff) posted in the bugs thread, thankfully no plain white 3rd kit this year (Really annoyed me last year) and i look forward to release, cheer guys :)

Do you have stadiums ticked in the preferences? It should be in the 'display and sound' section - depending on your graphics card it may have auto-set to a low setting and turned stadiums off. Let me know, thanks.

Stadiums wasn't ticked in preferences. I changed it, and it seems to be fixed! Thanks for your help Neil, I reckon it must just be the fact that my graphics card isn't the best.

• Administrators
Theres no Melbourne Heart?

Couldn't find the FM11 demo bugs thread is there was one..

All bugs for now in the FM11 Bugs Forum - this will be for the Aussie League Specific Issues which is...actually it looks like you've already found it. But as I've written this much I'll end it with a pearl of wisdom. Umm...look both ways when crossing the road! We're here to help in all walks of life! ;)

• Administrators
Enjoying things so far. Not really liking the agents and player conversations at the moment, the screen just seems wrong for some reason maybe I have to get used to them. Is the free agent sell on fee me giving the player/agent 10% of the fee? If it is don't let the door hit you on the arse on the way out son :p.

Biggest issue I have had so far is the demo crashing a lot. It's always when I try to ALT+TAB out to look at the forum. I not 100% sure yet but I think it's always if I ALT+TAB out during the match being setup. Worrying as I ALT+TAB all the time, and I can't remember the last time a FM game or demo crashed most be 06 or 07.

What operating system are you running? Are you running full screen in-game?

What operating system are you running? Are you running full screen in-game?

Ive had it crash on me with the "fm bla bla bla has stopped working" message.

I was alt tabbing out to my browser, while playing a match, when the message suddenly popped up.

Im running Windows 7 64 bit, and the game is run in full screen.

I'm running Windows 7 64bit. Fullscreen, and I have just seen it happen when tabbing out during the match, and it sems to only be when preparing for or during a match. I'm using an ATI HD4870, I'll try updating the drivers and see what happens.

• Administrators
When I go onto preferences and try to change the resolution to windowed it is greyed out, is this because it is the demo or do I need to do something?

It depends what screen size you have and what your monitors maximum resolution is.

• Administrators
The place where you assign training schedules to coaches. I see Strength, Aerobic, the two GK ones, Tactics, and Ball Control. No sign of Defensive and Attacking.

That's really odd, it should certainly be there - do you have a screenshot per chance?

i'm playing with portugal, international cup names are wrong, should be "liga dos camepões" and "liga europa".

and i just got a crash, when i went to the best moments screen, where you can see the goals and then upload, it was uploading around 95% it got stuck and then the game crashed.

That's really odd, it should certainly be there - do you have a screenshot per chance?

Sure. As you can see, there's players on the defensive and attacking training, but I can't assign a coach to either because they aren't available on the bottom right.

trainingproblem.png

Archived