Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

Well, hell - I CBA reading through all 16 pages of this thread; after reading the 1st few posts, I'm concerned whether my suggestions here will make a difference or not. However -

I'd REALLY like to be able to interact with individual players in a negative manner as well as positive. I've just had John Terry put out both of my starting forwards - one for 5 months with a broken leg - and I'd LOVE to be able to call him a cheating c**t in the press.

I'd also love the opportunity to respond to negative comments from players who've left the club... "No sh*t you didn't have an opportunity to play in the first team - you weren't good enough to beat out the other players I've signed!" Things like that...

And LU4L1? Don't worry, mate - it does get better if you keep winning - however, given how fickle Leeds fans seem to be, IMO the game's got it pretty spot on! ;-)

I too am playing as the Mighty Whites, and in 2012, I'm averaging over 50k per match (Somewhere along the line, the board decided to expand ER without telling me, and apparently without consequence...w00t!)

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

-- Match fitness

This HAS to be fixed. You want your players to stay match fit so you send them to the reserves "until match fit" only to find out that the assistant does not play them because he's playing some useless 14 year olds. The only way to keep your selection match fit is to take control of the reserve matches yourself. This means that about 20-30% of your game time is wasted on a utterly boring part of the game. In other words, because SI still has not been able to do a proper job on this part of the game, it adds a big, frustrating and tiresome aspect to the game. For years I've been wondering when SI will understand that that is not the way to make an attractive game.

-- Balancing referees

It's possible to get the same referee over and over again. This has to be fixed in the future: in real life, no team would ever get the same referee twice in a row, let alone 3 times a month or so.

-- Transfer messages

Another bug that has been in the game for ages and really needs to be fixed: when I tell a team I'm not going to sell them my player, they should not come asking 6 hours later if I want to sell them the same player.

-- Better use of the assistant

The role of the assistant manager is pretty pointless at them moment. The team reports are hardly usefull since the stats will tell you which players are best, and the team talks he gives consist of nothing more than yelling "do it for the fans!!" 100% of the time.

Originally posted by Sam00000000000001:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Vinton:

U21 manager of national squad

You can already do that. But to do it you have to cheat and Add a manager at a national team sack the current U21 manager then appoint yourself. I once done it to see and it worked. I won the U21 championship but still got sacked. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I actually have had that job offered to me without cheating!! I rejected it though

It would be great if we could play lower leagues in France (I'm french), such as CFA and CFA2. National is not enough, from what I saw in other forums, people would love playing in lower leagues...

I think players could have more important relationships with other players. For example, at Man Utd in 98/99, Andy Cole and Dwight Yorke were on fire as a pair and were completely on the same wavelength thus resulting in lots and lots of goals! I know there is a prefered personal section but i think it is only an eyepleasing feature.

sorry for the double post,

another idea I've had is that you should be able to view your league table in the order that the media predicted at the start of the season. It wouldn't be very hard and could just be an option from the drop down menu with overall, combined etc on.

It would just save time rather than having to look at each clubs information first!

Offer Open Trials

One feature that I think would be a great addition for FM2008 would be the ability to advertise an open trial for your club.

What this means is players who are free agents would approach you with a view to joining your club on trial, usually in the summer for pre seasobn training.

It could be implemented in a similar way for advertising for staff.

I know this system is used regularly in real life and would be particularly useful for lower division clubs where player turnover is high.

some things i'd like to see:

1) when purchasing a player you should have the option to loan the player back to the club (e.g. like utd offered to do with Bale)

2) better player interaction, you can have mind games with rival managers, so why not players...it's been done so many times by Fergie, Mourinho, Wenger etc...saying certain players aren't that good they're just lucky, they only went there for the money etc.

3) better youth set-up, it'd be nice if some way you could set-up Youth Academy's in certain countries, so you'd get better forgeneirs coming through you youth team rather than just the odd spanish person.

4) testamonials for players who've been at the club 10yrs

5) atmosphere has effects on players performance, eg. players like Ronaldo thrive on hostile atmospheres..and other players could crumble under an intense atmosphere.

Originally posted by Gingerbread Man:

Offer Open Trials

One feature that I think would be a great addition for FM2008 would be the ability to advertise an open trial for your club.

What this means is players who are free agents would approach you with a view to joining your club on trial, usually in the summer for pre seasobn training.

It could be implemented in a similar way for advertising for staff.

I know this system is used regularly in real life and would be particularly useful for lower division clubs where player turnover is high.

This.

Also, it would also be a good secondary way for the engine to introduce new regens into the game, as youngsters that had not been "discovered" yet (regardless of quality) could come and try out for a club, and if good enough, get the nod, or try out at a different club. I would love to see this feature.

Im would like to be able to ask the board to allow me one extra coach or physio, and they can decide to let you have a special allowence if there is enough funds/if they think it could be worth it.

In my current game, my Ass man just took the Man City job, and I'm not allowed to replace him, then my physio (with lots of scouting knowledge as well as being my best physio by far) retired. Even after this, I'm not allowed a new physio, which I think is silly - I have over £1 billion in the bank (I'm Chelsea) and I was allowed the 'extra' coach + physio before, so why not now! (Sorry for the rant! icon_wink.gif)

Would like to have more than one favourite team to pick,if you have more than one country picked for your game. I would also like to be able to tout my players for international call up if they are playing well!

Haven't been bothered to read the previous 18 pages or so, but the most important things in my opinion are

1) press conferences after/before every european game and after/before rival games

2) morale should have a greater affection on players performances

3) optimising transfer prices/player values

4) chance of raising or lowering ticket prices

5) better interaction with players and other staff, as well as directors

6) NEVER go 3D!!! icon_rolleyes.gif

7) maybe changes in game department - like slower movements or passes and stuff

Similar to a lot of deals now...

The ability to approach a player who's contract is up at the end of the season and sign him on loan before he joins you on your contract.

Similar to Warren Feeney at Cardiff.

If the player is a first teamer, then obviously it won't happen but maybe the other club could offer the player to you on loan after you've signed him on a Pre-Contract, if he's not important to the club?

Originally posted by i Love United:

will any of these ideas actually be in fm08 or are they just ignored? it needs loads added to make it worth buying for £30.

Rubbish, what other game can give you 100's of hours of play for 30 quid (or less if you buy online)......Muppet...

Scott M

Originally posted by raymondo267:

as some have said, the inability to field an inalegible player, but face disiplinary action if caught.

but if this was implemented, there should be a warning before you go to match, that your about to field an inilegible player.

Nope, there can be nothing in the game that advocates rule breaking.....

Scott M

---Fix the Euro Vase bug in network games where the host gets the application for the other player, and the other player only gets his. Really annoying.

---Have a residency countdown timer, would help a lot.

---Make the awards a bit more realistic.

---Stop the defence making like 20 mistakes in every game, this doesn't happen in Premiership football.

---Make it so if you appeal against a ban and the decision was incorrect the ban gets revoked.

---U16's perhaps?

---Make it so if you reject an enquiry the club who asked it doesn't come back three days later, that is so ****ing irritating! Also, why do clubs keep asking how much they want for a player when you have their transfer status set as unavailable for transfer? It's as if this is purely cosmetic now... fix that.

There's a lot more really but i can't think of them at the moment.

Hopefully SI reads this and realizes the amount of flaws that are in the game.

Originally posted by ScottM:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by i Love United:

will any of these ideas actually be in fm08 or are they just ignored? it needs loads added to make it worth buying for £30.

Rubbish, what other game can give you 100's of hours of play for 30 quid (or less if you buy online)......Muppet...

Scott M </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Counter-strike Source and generally any other FPS or any other RTS game such as the CnC series. Oh and games like WoW.

icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by Timster:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ScottM:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by i Love United:

Scott M </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Counter-strike Source and generally any other FPS or any other RTS game such as the CnC series. Oh and games like WoW.

icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fair enough, but if I want to be called a N00b by a kid, I'll play online poker and take his pocket money while I'm doing it.....

Scott M

Perhaps being able to accuse other sides of deliberately trying to injure your players icon_biggrin.gif - I manage Arsenal and England (some might say that's an irony), and when I was managing in one international I had, in the course of the match, three strikers injured, all of whom were good penalty takers. Guess what? The match came down to spot kicks, and my penalty-takers had penalty-taking attributes starting at 12 and ending at 5.

1- be able to search the attributes you want to check out, ie 2 from attacking, 1 defending,1 mental etc

2- Certain players being booed and abused by rival fans and making a very hostile atmosphere for the away side ie Lampard away to West Ham and Rooney away to Everton

3- Player brawls and crowd violence

4-The ability to loan player back to the club you have just bought him from (ideal for younger players)

Originally posted by Milhouse1980:

I like the ideas of have matches postponed due to the weather like in Scotland you get matches cancelled because of the bad weather. Or having matches abandoned due to the weather.

Both features you just mentioned were in CM. icon_frown.gif

Sometimes in an international break I'll have seven players gone and have to play the game then when I played sunderland they had, I cant remember how many but it wasn't much more than mine and the match gets called off I was happy as i had players out to but should you be able to apply for postponements due to bad pitch (birmingham have done that this season) or too many international players on leave.

Haven't read all the posts on this thread as I just don't have time icon_smile.gif.

Things I'd like to see are:

Offsides being called immediately. Rarely IRL do you see a player run from the centre circle and score a goal before it is called offside, and if they do then they should get booked for kicking the ball away. Only time a goal should be disallowed for offside is if it a snap shot or header, I get very tried of watching offside being called 20-30 seconds after the offence.

Penalties should have their own training category.

Coach and Ass. Man reports on your own players need to be much more detailed, more like the current scout reports.

Scouts should rate players on the league you are playing in not on your best player in a certain position. I don't want to see that a WB is rated 6-7 stars and the detailed scout report only thinks he is good enough to play in the league below the one I am in. Conversely if I am in the EPL and have a World Class keeper I don't want all the good or leading EPL keepers rated as 3 stars.

If you have a feeder club or Work Permit avoidance then sending a player on loan to them who needs a WP then the loan should automatically continue until the player gets EU citizenship or the affliation is ended.

Clubs shouldn't keep bidding £5m for players, withdrawing offers after you renegotiate to £50m+, then bidding £5m again next week.

Option to slam your whole team publicly after a really poor performance (mainly to help us vent our frustation icon_smile.gif ).

Context options for manager interaction post games is pretty poor. Rarely do I get the option to slam the oppostion manager after a lucky win, ie. 1-0 after 1 shot on target (another way to vent frustation).

Give the option to take the first team squad on a training camp, like with rafa benitez and the portugal trip before barcelona. I think it would be good and would increase morale in the team before a big match, like the example i gave, you can choose the length and to which location you go to. Also make it more realistic buying and selling prices. Paying 20mil (including bonuses/add ons) for Dani Alves was to me extremely unrealistic considering the price being touted around for him atm and having nobody in the premier league, serie a, primera liga wanting to buy craig bellamy, who i feel is a useful striker but not up to liverpool standards (my opinion, for my game) was also unrealistic

More emphasis on reputations growing or shrinking due to to current club/manager status. Eg; Conference sides getting to the Premiership would start forming rivalries with big local sides. Say, for instance if Dagenham + Redbridge got to the Prem, they could become West Ham's main rivals, if they were both up there for a while.

If this makes little sense, forgive me. Lack of sleep.

Also; not losing almost all your reputation after a great career if you take a job at a small club.

I was thinking of telling your team certain things in the team talk for example shoot on sight in the first 20 minutes or keep it tight. But I realise this would be hard as you would have to give another team talk after 20 minutes and I'm aware you could just edit your tactics to eveyone shoot often then change them but it wwas more of a short cut.

I think that manager's trends of substitutions should be put in, if tha tmakes sense. Like for example, Chester's manager Mark Wright tends to make subs late on in the match (correct nme if Im wrong). And then Jose Mourinho who sin't afraid to make a sub after 32 minutes if things aren't goin his way. I think that if manager's styles of subs were put in, it would be more realistic and you would get your own style aswell.

It would be kinda cool to create players. Like just name someone after a friend or something and just watch them mature into world class players. That would be interesting in my opinion

You can already do that with the data editor!!!

Originally posted by Michael Osmann:

The possibilty to see the club teams "star player/s". This feature was actually included in older versions of CM/FM. A star icon always showed beside the star player. I wanted back!!!

Correction: Not "wanted back" but I want it back icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by tomtuck01:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> It would be kinda cool to create players. Like just name someone after a friend or something and just watch them mature into world class players. That would be interesting in my opinion

You can already do that with the data editor!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How do you get to the data editor? I didn't even know it came with one! O_O

Originally posted by raymondo267:

as some have said, the inability to field an inalegible player, but face disiplinary action if caught.

but if this was implemented, there should be a warning before you go to match, that your about to field an inilegible player.

This is a rubbish idea and I won't be buying the game if it is implemented.

A manager who did this knowingly would be sacked, or harshly fined by his club, regardless of whether or not he was caught by the F.A.

I often accidentally use the same line-up as the game before and hit go to match when I shouldn't, I could be docked points for this if I accidentally click yes when it tells me I have someone inelligable fielded? What a load of horse ****.

FM doesn't have a register list for UK league games, this is where you see it happen, not in the CL, it's players who don't have F.A. Licenses to play or don't have club contracts, not for CL matches.

I was thinking of telling your team certain things in the team talk for example shoot on sight in the first 20 minutes or keep it tight. But I realise this would be hard as you would have to give another team talk after 20 minutes and I'm aware you could just edit your tactics to eveyone shoot often then change them but it wwas more of a short cut.

Great Idea, simply implement the current team talk into 15 minute groups. For instance, Home Games - Attacking (0-15m) Normal (16-30m) Hold (31-45m). With the ability to alter via Quick Tactics if the game isn't going to plan.

Archived