Mr Hough 10.3 Tactics

Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.  

1,063 members have voted

1. 1. Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.

A bit off topic: in regards to Youth players does it make more sense to send them to my feeder club (crystal palace) or to keep them in the reserves with a heavy training schedule?

@Jsolloso: actually tempted to try it with Crystal Palace. I will test it this weekend.

I await results. As I said I will genuinely say this is a great tactic if something is proven with that team. :)

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Because its your tactic and your claim. If I did it then I could ensure it either works or fails (cheating) and I cant counterclaim such a claim. Also I havent the time. Still I await your Blyth results but Im surprised you wont take up the challenge, it would put your tactic above all others.

I'm gonna have a look at this challenge but it won't be finished till tomorrow as wednesday night is telly night lol

My challenge was for you to try a team who are financially cripled. I gave Crystal Palace as the example. A 10 point deduction and no money, this should be all about your tactic. Blyth is not on the same level but I await results all the same although I dont see why you wont take up the Crystal Palace challenge.

I have actually tested this tactic with crystal palace and finished 5th and went up via the play offs, so i would say it works kid.

Take the screenshot using the prnt screen button and then paste into Paint. Save it as a .jpeg and then go to Photobucket or any other image uploading service and upload it. Then paste the link it gives you in your post :D

Take the screenshot using the prnt screen button and then paste into Paint. Save it as a .jpeg and then go to Photobucket or any other image uploading service and upload it. Then paste the link it gives you in your post :D

You have to a lot slower than that, what is paint, and photobucket?

Why is jsolloso giving mr hough such a hard time on here,,,,,,,,,jsolloso you either want to use the tactic or you dont,,,,,i dont really want to come on here reading you going on and on about trying it with palace blah blah blah,,,just give it a rest.

I've nothing against someone challenging claims of whether a tactic someone has submitted is "great" or not, so long at it's constructive.

I am a little perplexed in your approach to this "challenge" though jsolloso. I do understand that you might want to see further "evidence" from people who have used the tactic, with what you might consider to be "weak" teams, in order to test how potent it actually is. Surely if you have some actual interest in this tactic, then would it not seem fairer for you to test the tactic yourself, then post your own findings, than have someone do it for you.

Only by trying a tactic yourself, with whatever team, can you actually be in a position to know if it's good or not.

For what it's worth though, I am of the opinion that irrespective of what team you pick or at what level, the game isn't just about your tactics... it's about the suitability of the players for the tactic, your motivational management of the players, many factors. I actually did a test save with the OP's 10.2 tactic to see what all the fuss was about. It worked very well indeed, but that was because I cleared my squad completely and re-built it around the tactic. I was using a "weak" team, but I changed my squad completely, so it was no longer a "weak" squad. Anyone could do the same thing, with any tactic on these forums and be successful.

If you are looking for some "super" tactic though, which will work with every team, at any level, with any players, then I can safely say (corner cheat excluded, to some extent), that there is no such thing. To me a good tactical post, contains the following:

- Tactic itself.

- How tactic was created.

- A reasonable selection of examples for results, teams used with.

- Detail on what sort of attributes players need to help make the tactic work well.

- Regular updates, changes, improvements by the OP or posters in the thread.

If the OP of a tactical post is happy with the tactic, because it's worked well for him in his/her own game, then they've every right to feel pleased and should be praised for sharing it. I'm certainly not happy when someone wants to be critical (unless genuinely constructive) and having tried it themselves, can offer their own analysis, improvements or suggestions.

In short, let's have less of the bickering... everyone, and get back on topic please. Oh... and any more attempted avoidance of the swear filter, then I'll have to get the infraction stick out. I don't like having to do that, I just want to read the forums as much as anyone else, free of foul language please. :)

Heathxxx - yes I want it for further evidence and to see if I will or not use it. Problem is that nearly every post on here has the tactic tested with strong teams, mostly premiership teams and so it doesnt prove anything. I wont and have never used a swear word so no problem with that one.

daddyoh - that upload didnt work.

coolestrock - I've answered this one before. So not going to repeat myself on that one.

Heathxxx - yes I want it for further evidence and to see if I will or not use it. Problem is that nearly every post on here has the tactic tested with strong teams, mostly premiership teams and so it doesnt prove anything. I wont and have never used a swear word so no problem with that one.

coolestrock - I've answered this one before. So not going to repeat myself on that one.

if u read the whole lot there are a lot of people using weaker teams

What normal ppl do on here is read the OP and think, i fancy giving this tactic a try. They then choose a team they would like to try it with and test it for maybe a season or two,,,some give feedback to the OP with their results this in turn helps the OP tweak his tactics to improve them if needed.

By far the strangest thing i have seen on here is jsolloso telling the OP he wants "evidence" that this tactic works with a certain team. Test the tactic for yourself if you think it doesnt work go off and find another tactic. Simples

I have not got a clue how to do it mate.

IF its a brilliant tactic then it should work with a club with no money. Which is what I have challenged him to succeed in, until this is shown I will simply refer to this tactic as one more and should be referred to as such.

There goes me thinking FC United in the conference are a small team with no money.......:D

I uploaded this tactic for a new game with Braintree in the BSS (expected to finish 16th) and it's been amazing! Finished with 105 points, top goalscorer with 48 goals. And I won the FA Trophy as well. I actually was able to make a little money in the season...not much but some.

In the second season promoted to the BSP, I was expected to finish 20, but I went up the charts to first and never looked back. Finished with 96 points. No great single goalscorers in this year, but good all around and spread throughout the team. Won the FA Trophy for the second year in a row and was promoted for the second time in a row, now to League 2. Additionally, I was also able to make my way up the FA Cup. I had two game, both against League 2 team (can't remember offhand which ones) but won them handedly. Went on to play Newcastle, a Premiership team. I lost, (obviously! :) ), but only by 3-1, plus I took in a huge amount of gate sales and was able to end the season with over $1 million profit, which I definitely wasn't expecting!

This tactic has worked wonders for me with a middle of the road, lower league team. I'm about to start my third season and hope to continue. Thanks Mr. Hough!

PS: I've been using the wizard v1 tactic. Not sure if I want to use v2 as I've had the least amount of goals scored on me with this version. Don't feel the need to change just yet.

Sorry jsollo you may have 1.5k posts, but your attitude is that of Internet troll. Seriously mate grow up.

What the feck does it change if team has transfer money or not? If you know SI games you know how to loan players in without spending a dime. I personally know how to do it. So it's not a problem winning the league with Leeds (no money, takeover changes sh** in finances), Crystal Palace (-10 points is NOT a massive blow in league where you play 46 games :lol: ). Try doing the league with Jagiellonia in Poland then we will talk (-10 points in the begginig of the season, subpar squad, little money and only 30 league games).

If you don't believe many people who said this tactic is great that's your problem. For me what gcs has done without transfers with Everton is TOP class achievement (losing only 3 games drawing 1 winning 34). I had the same success so I know it's not cheating.

You concentrate by far on English league not noticing the difference in strenghts between Italy/France/Poland league. You Sir know little about other leagues and should not have posted in this thread at all.

Sorry jsollo you may have 1.5k posts, but your attitude is that of Internet troll. Seriously mate grow up.

What the feck does it change if team has transfer money or not? If you know SI games you know how to loan players in without spending a dime. I personally know how to do it. So it's not a problem winning the league with Leeds (no money, takeover changes sh** in finances), Crystal Palace (-10 points is NOT a massive blow in league where you play 46 games :lol: ). Try doing the league with Jagiellonia in Poland then we will talk (-10 points in the begginig of the season, subpar squad, little money and only 30 league games).

If you don't believe many people who said this tactic is great that's your problem. For me what gcs has done without transfers with Everton is TOP class achievement (losing only 3 games drawing 1 winning 34). I had the same success so I know it's not cheating.

You concentrate by far on English league not noticing the difference in strenghts between Italy/France/Poland league. You Sir know little about other leagues and should not have posted in this thread at all.

I have tested it with Jagiellonia on holidays.

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/5003/jagiellonia.png

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/6283/jagiellonia2.png

I think it would be better if I have had played by my self.

I have read the whole lot. A long read and I dont see any weak teams. Fiorentina are not a weak team nor is Ipswich. :)

really in chronological order

ive managed southampton

and got promoted two seasons in a row one with the points deduction

qualified UEFA cup first season in pleague, league cup win finished 7th with reasonable squad mostly frees and loans

2nd season finished 3rd won fa and league cup

won domestic treble including lcup facup fapl

won quadruple would of won more but the new tactic came out

charlton

promoted twice

bought better players finished 6th got conned in fa by man u and lcup final by chelsea

CL in the fourth domestic double and beaten by arsenal in uefa final funny how all the big teams come to that cup when youre in it

won double

champions leauge a fapl

gonna try palace now

I have tested it with Jagiellonia on holidays.

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/5003/jagiellonia.png

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/6283/jagiellonia2.png

I think it would be better if I have had played by my self.

Definitely. The team talk advice really makes a difference too.

I have won promotion to League 2! Since using the tactic, my record is P28W25D2L1

I love Mr Hough

really in chronological order

ive managed southampton

and got promoted two seasons in a row one with the points deduction

qualified UEFA cup first season in pleague, league cup win finished 7th with reasonable squad mostly frees and loans

2nd season finished 3rd won fa and league cup

won domestic treble including lcup facup fapl

won quadruple would of won more but the new tactic came out

charlton

promoted twice

bought better players finished 6th got conned in fa by man u and lcup final by chelsea

CL in the fourth domestic double and beaten by arsenal in uefa final funny how all the big teams come to that cup when youre in it

won double

champions leauge a fapl

gonna try palace now

Hi mate , is that with your tactic with the corner bug you posted or with the original tactic?

I've been using the tactic you posted with Sunderland and are currently 2nd at christmas in the first season.

I have played two seasons with FC Seoul in the K-League using Mr Hough's tactics and had great success. It has been one of the most fun experiences I've had in FM and I have loads to write about and screenshots to take, so I'll post my story here once it's completed!

Hi mate , is that with your tactic with the corner bug you posted or with the original tactic?

I've been using the tactic you posted with Sunderland and are currently 2nd at christmas in the first season.

first one with southampton was not didnt know it but charlton was

I used this tactic with Oldham, who aren't great and who were predicted to finish 13th (i think). I was in the top 2 all season, but faded badly in the end, finally conceding 2nd spot & automatic promotion to Colchester. Was then was soundly beaten by an inform Southampton in the play off semi final :( Just about to start 2nd season, with a much improved squad. We were also the League's highest scorers with 96 goals to Champions, Leeds 88

Just started off the 2nd season with an opening day, trouncing of the aforementioned Palace, 6-0 at Boundary Park! Just to note, I hadn't taken much notice of the team-talks that are recommended with this tactic. Last season it was lack of confidence that undid me in the title run in. Now i've implemented the Bubbatuna Team Talks in pre-season, and they really work! C'mon the Latics!!!

mr hough , can u do with 3 defence at wide midfield ?

I've been trying to make a winger tactic and i just simply can't get to grips with the settings.

When i look at what i want my team to do and then try and put that into slidder settings it just don't work.

I won't give up though and i'll keep trying

So will it work with a team in the lower leagues, i know it worked for you with huddersfield.

well it worked like a dream for me at huddersfield, The key to this and any tactic is the players try and get players with the attributes that i've posted in the OP and you can't go far wrong.

just simple question to mr hough.... would there be any improvement for 4-1-2-1-2 formation? if not, why? just want to know... :-)

Since the wider play is better on 10.3 than 10.2 i'm gonna try and get a good winger formation working.

After that then i'll get a 4-1-2-1-2 out, Thats my fav formation

mr hough i wan to change the deep lying striker to am ..wat roles suits ? attacking midfielder or advance playmaker? and what change do i need in the specific instruction ?

It's hard to say really.

Litrally just looking at the settings without changing anything i'd change thw following.

I'd have him on attacking midfielder and on attack duty.

I'd bring run from deep down to sometimes.

I'd put his attacking mentality up 3 notches.

I'd put his Closing Down to the Highest Possible.

Go with that and see what happens.

I'm gonna be making a 4-1-2-1-2 soon anyway because i love the inter-play between the strikers and the amc in that formation

I think its a great tactic, good work Mr Hough, so impressed I've made my first post on here in ages.

As mentioned before the tactic isn't everything, you need to think about players, teamtalks etc. I don't think there are any tactics that will be successful longterm unless you look at bigger picture.

Anyway, it's worked for me with Darlington, using my own tactic I just managed to get promoted from league 2 via play-offs in the 1st season.

2nd season was a struggle and was looking likely to be relegated, managed to stay up using Mr Houghs tactic.

3rd season, promoted from league 1 with 102 points, unfortunately lost the title to Derby on goal difference, grrrrrrr.

4th and current season, 5th in Championship after 17 games.

So its been great for me, once again Mr H, great job and thanks for taking the time to design and re-design a tactic to make everyones FM2010 experience a bit more enjoyable.

Since the wider play is better on 10.3 than 10.2 i'm gonna try and get a good winger formation working.

After that then i'll get a 4-1-2-1-2 out, Thats my fav formation

thanks for the reply...

yup... same as me... like the formation because i like to play formation with the AM C....

hamzaire from what I can see (mr Hough please don't get angry :p) you can just drop central striker to AMC position. It will then be like Joint Venture tactic.

Try it. You will demolish most teams which may get boring :).