Patch 10.3 - Official feedback thread - Keep it here please

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since I downloaded the 10.3 patch I've been having some performance issues.

For example, just now I went on holiday for about a month and when it was over I had a mass amount of mail in my inbox. I went to my inbox and started to scroll through it (most of it being useless info) and then suddenly it stopped and my game appeared to freeze.

Instead of exiting out of FM through task manager, I decided to wait and see what would happen. I minimized FM and went on about my business and would periodically check back to see that it was SLOWLY scrolling through the news items. So basically at one point there was 14 items left, then I would check back 10 minutes later to see that there was 11 items left to be viewed. See what I mean?

Please could someone please help me out? Maybe somone could check oput the russian league on their game? Why does Torpedo appear in my game and not Neil Brock's?

Maybe you're playing with some downloaded content (obviously you do, as the club emblems indicate). Does this content include fixes of the team names?

Also the problem could be you're playing in German. I play in English and FC Moscow is named properly (aside the fact it's now non-existent as before).

Just a miss by the German translators.

Torpedo Moscow is the club from 1st or even 2nd Division, not the Premier League.

Torpedo-Zil is non-existent for several years.

FC Moscow is based on Torpedo-Zil and now is non-existent too although they are going to play in the 2nd Division by the latest news.

CLOSING DOWN is f'ed up in 10.3. when the ball is next to my CM, he just stands there and the RB comes all the way to the middle of the pitch to close down. when the ball is next to my AML in his area, he stands there and the LB comes all the way from the back to close down.

from superman keepers to GARBAGE KEEPERS. at least half of attacks end in goals. very high scoring games in 10.3.

CORNERS. when you a have a right corner, the defending team does not mark the player on the near post and the corner taker sends the ball most of the time to him to his feet.

Am i the only person that thinks that although the small pernickety details have been fixed with subsequent patches, the overall game has got worse. It runs slower for me despite having a decent PC plus they made the text in the biographies smaller and therefore more difficult to read. Also the problem of sub-standard and mediocre teams passing the ball about like barcelona has still not been fixed.

WOOT at improvements in the ME! Passing, dribbling, through balls all looking much more intelligent. Far few header contests in the midfield.

Thanks a lot for fixing the player match rating for attacking midfielders. v10.2 was very difficult for them to score above 7 unless they actually scored a goal. Last night I had my MCa score an 8.2 for hard work - good passing, tackling, interceptions and 1 assist.

Now if only, at full time, it didn't look like all the players on the pitch were slowly being sucked in to a Black Hole as they leave the stadium :D

I have installed the new patch. My problem is that when i use the go on holiday mode (usually set it to go for 1 season to test some things) the game experiences crash dumps. the timing of them seems a bit random as somtimes i can holiday the whole season sometimes not.

I havent experienced any crash dumps while controlling the team myself yet.

This is on an old save using the 10.2 DB

I did not experience this issue before i patch to 10.3. i have done the clearing cache thing. Also i am using the boxed version and have not verified through steam or anything, just keeping the disc in the tray.

Anybody else experiencing this? Any ideas SI?

Any thoughts SI? obviously as its only happening when i holiday at the moment its not a huge problem but i really want to get it to stop happening so it wont occur when i am controlling the team.

Also i seem to be picking up a lot more red cards. Is this happening with anyone else?

Am i the only person that thinks that although the small pernickety details have been fixed with subsequent patches, the overall game has got worse. It runs slower for me despite having a decent PC plus they made the text in the biographies smaller and therefore more difficult to read. Also the problem of sub-standard and mediocre teams passing the ball about like barcelona has still not been fixed.

when i am in a match my game seems to run much slower the rest seems to run as smoothly as before.

This game is suddenly SO HARD with the new patch!

I'm managing Inter, I got a pretty good team, and I didn't manage to win A SINGLE GAME in serie A!

Pretty much every opposition ball lifted into my area results in a goal. They always score at least once before 20 minutes. My strikers and defenders have become ********; never scoring one-on-one, defenders just let about anyone score.

I was playing in Brazil for 5 seasons, won 5 copa libertadores, 4 Brazilian Serie As, won the Champions League with Inter, and now this?!

I'm angry! :(

Can I ask which tactical input method you are using? Classic or creator?

Was that for me? If so, I see an option "Convert to Classic" in the tactics menu, so I guess creator?

I just go on and do it manually :)

Was that for me? If so, I see an option "Convert to Classic" in the tactics menu, so I guess creator?

I just go on and do it manually :)

Do what manually? I'm just interested in how you are managing to have gone from world beater to incompetent in one patch. I'd have thought it impossible through creator settings, so I assume you are moving the sliders a fair bit?

Guest da_yellaman

I cannot even download the new patch!!

It's more than likely down to my computer, but whenever I click the "Download Patch 10.3.0 (PC)" link on the SI Games site, a box pops up saying its an unknown file and I have to locate the source before I can download it. If I download it anyway, the problem still arises when I go to use it!! HELP!!

I played few matches with patch 10.3 and I'm quite disappointed.

Imo the matchengine is out of balance...

My defenders back off way too much (tackling issue mentioned in several threads), which wasn't the case in 10.2.

I have a very attacking tactic with lots of closing down and tackling with fysical players, but this isn't happening as much as it did in 10.2.

The opposition side also defends rediculous, my attacker (Dembélé, high dribbling stats) always leaves the defence clueless and keeps on scoring like a machine.

Also the match ratings are really weird.

At half time they aren't really high, altough players score and give assists. In 2nd half they don't improve much, but when the match ends, they suddenly go through the roof?

And in every game U almost get at least one light injury, which is pretty annoying. In 10.2 U occasionally got a injury, still enough though ;)

The new matchengine didn't hurt my tactics/results, but it definitely feels unatural compared to 10.2.

Also when I look at the match (2D), its way too quick compared to 10.2. and when I set the gamespeed a notch lower, its too slow.

Maybe this all is picking, but it are those little things that float my boat... ;)

I'll prolly switch back to 10.2 to get that realistic feeling again. :)

I agree with the defending, for some reason my DC's who played steady now make tons of mistakes, my worldclass 23 year old DC who was very reliable since he was 20, now suddenly stopped using his brain (he has thight marking as ppm and also on instructions). He can't get above 6.7 anymore, he actually does more bad than good, I don't understand what I have to change in my tacs...

Few seasons ago I had a 23 league non-conceding steak wih my current tactic, now I have an average of 1,5 goals conceded every match, but I also score more, but still... if keeping the 0 with world class defenders looks uncommon ...

Also half of my chances or more are off target, with world class strikers this is pretty bollocks, never missed as much as now, and it happens every game, and no they aren't long shots.

Good thing is extra rating for assists, but since it's so easy to score from a corner, my corner taker now gets MoM every time that happens (17 far post corner goals in 23 matches), that's a bit odd, but ok I can live with that. Also more key passes get better ratings at the end, which is very nice, I had Modric ending up with 9.0 in a 0-0 match, that could never happen before in any FM game, and it's good they finally tweaked ratings a bit more. Although it's now harder for DC's to get rating or it's just the engine that makes them play bad suddenly.

I don't have more injuries than before, I don't get the moaning about that :s

Im getting far more injuries and knocks during the game. when a player gets the green icon indicating a knock i usually take them off is condition is below say 80% but then they end up being out for weeks or a month or 2. ridiculous!

I have noticed my midfielders getting excellent ratings and DC's not so excellent even when we win or they dont make mistakes that lead to goals.

also does anyone know why my game crashes if i have 3D match ticked in preferences. it worked fine in 10.2!!!

I agree with the defending, for some reason my DC's who played steady now make tons of mistakes, my worldclass 23 year old DC who was very reliable since he was 20, now suddenly stopped using his brain (he has thight marking as ppm and also on instructions). He can't get above 6.7 anymore, he actually does more bad than good, I don't understand what I have to change in my tacs...

Is he very quick with excellent positioning and anticipation? If not, turn off tight marking imo.

Seems to have more effect in this version, with slower defensive players more easily turned by opposition strikers who they are trying to tight mark.

Also maybe have one DC on cover/stopper, and/or turn off the offside trap.

Do what manually? I'm just interested in how you are managing to have gone from world beater to incompetent in one patch. I'd have thought it impossible through creator settings, so I assume you are moving the sliders a fair bit?

Well yes, that's what I'm trying to figure out as well!

I've been using the same tactics from beginning to 2015 - and when I installed the patch, I didn't change ANYTHING, and I became the loser.

Now: I read someone post in another thread that he used a tactic with no AMC and it got even better. I tried his: I just set my team to a 4-1-2-0-3, with one DMC, 2 MCs, 3 strikers and no AMC, and voila - I'm back in the game. Same team, now winning lots of games, jumped from 15th in the italian serie A to 4th.

In one game, I was winning 3-0, pushed my midfield up (1 MC, 2 AMCs) - opposition scored twice in a few minutes. Changed it back, got the game.

Seems to be that the new patch has a problem with AMCs.

Is he very quick with excellent positioning and anticipation? If not, turn off tight marking imo.

Seems to have more effect in this version, with slower defensive players more easily turned by opposition strikers who they are trying to tight mark.

Also maybe have one DC on cover/stopper, and/or turn off the offside trap.

Thanks for the tips. He is very fast though with good anticipation, I don't want any defenders without these stats ! He was a wonderkid, already 20+ caps for spain at 23. He has to play on the right center spot now and he's left footed but I doubt that really makes him lose his brain.

Might be the offside trap maybe, but it worked before. I'll try different things :)

He has thight marking as ppm so if I turn it off in instructions he will still do it I assume ?

I'm also thinking it could be mental, he's nervous in more games than he should, maybe big game attribute, but he underperforms against all teams, he's making the errors that causes the low amount of clean sheets these days...

Few seasons ago I had a 23 league non-conceding steak wih my current tactic, now I have an average of 1,5 goals conceded every match, but I also score more, but still... if keeping the 0 with world class defenders looks uncommon ...

Also half of my chances or more are off target, with world class strikers this is pretty bollocks, never missed as much as now, and it happens every game, and no they aren't long shots.

Good thing is extra rating for assists, but since it's so easy to score from a corner, my corner taker now gets MoM every time that happens (17 far post corner goals in 23 matches), that's a bit odd, but ok I can live with that. Also more key passes get better ratings at the end, which is very nice, I had Modric ending up with 9.0 in a 0-0 match, that could never happen before in any FM game, and it's good they finally tweaked ratings a bit more. Although it's now harder for DC's to get rating or it's just the engine that makes them play bad suddenly.

I don't have more injuries than before, I don't get the moaning about that :s

How many physio's do you have?

Well yes, that's what I'm trying to figure out as well!

I've been using the same tactics from beginning to 2015 - and when I installed the patch, I didn't change ANYTHING, and I became the loser.

Now: I read someone post in another thread that he used a tactic with no AMC and it got even better. I tried his: I just set my team to a 4-1-2-0-3, with one DMC, 2 MCs, 3 strikers and no AMC, and voila - I'm back in the game. Same team, now winning lots of games, jumped from 15th in the italian serie A to 4th.

In one game, I was winning 3-0, pushed my midfield up (1 MC, 2 AMCs) - opposition scored twice in a few minutes. Changed it back, got the game.

Seems to be that the new patch has a problem with AMCs.

I also noticed the amc spot isn't as good anymore. My amc (Adrezinho), actually 2nd striker at amc spot, was the keyplayer of my squad.

Every season he's been my topscorer and also his assists where very high.

The whole team loves him, which is awesome, never had that before, but now he underachieves.

I have only played 10.3 for a couple of hours, but one thing I notice is that MLS seems to work a lot better when it comes to youth and draft.

I also find the ME more realistic, and some annoying issues are gone.

So far, looking good. :thup:

Just wondering if anybody's managed to score a placed direct free-kick yet?

The only free-kicks I've seen scored in 7 game years, both for and against me, are those hit with power. I haven't seen a free-kick curled over the wall and into the net, a la Del Piero or Beckham. Heck, I don't think I've even seen one taken this way and saved by the keeper, let alone scored. Bit baffling tbh.

while negotiating a contract with a player the signing fee button is greyed out and i cant set any fee... anyone experiencing the same?

Do you have remaining transfer budget?

I'm picking up injuries every game. Its a joke.

I have Steam and it updated automatically, is there a way to get the old patch back?

How do you know you wouldn't have got those injuries anyway? Some teams are still going to get bad injury crises without it being a bug.

The only free-kicks I've seen scored in 7 game years, both for and against me, are those hit with power. I haven't seen a free-kick curled over the wall and into the net, a la Del Piero or Beckham. Heck, I don't think I've even seen one taken this way and saved by the keeper, let alone scored. Bit baffling tbh.

A few games into the 10.3 patch I saw an opposition player curl a beautiful freekick into my bottom corner. Quite chuffed to see it for a few seconds and then realised I had just conceeded. Was the first direct fk i've seen go in for quite some time.

Poor old SI, they never quite get the balance right with FK's do they? ;)

I have started a game with Fulham using 10.3 and im finding im conceding within the first 10 mins home or away in 90% of games. This may be due to tactics but when it happens so often I can't help but think its something else. Ive tried an attacking, defensive and standard formation but still the rout persists. I usually play with mid table teams but in 10.1 / 10.2 ive been performing much better.

just noticed one thing; the amount of shots that hit the woodwork now has drastically increased. Oh well, keeps me on the edge of my seat.

Thanks SI

I noticed this too!

And I agree though, good work SI.

Apologies for it, you can use the editor to amend this, or go to this thread, scroll to the bottom of the opening post and download an xml file which you can use alongside the 10.3 database to amend this, and some other identified data errors or changes since the data lock deadline.

Thanks alot for mentioning this here, great work SI !

Xavi has made quite some free kick goals for me, also some with less power...

Hi, I want only to know why regens is so weak? I had only 3-4 players every year over 170 PA... (and no one who had over 180!) I played 3 seasons. I think this is terrible bug, only in original version that was good (arround 10-15 players every year). I play on small database with one league like always. Btw too many post and why I can't sell player over his market value or for nothing good players who i don't want to have (and why market value don't grow up when my player played very good like in oldest version). Thanks for answer SI, sorry for my english, cheers

Hi, I want only to know why regens is so weak? I had only 3-4 players every year over 170 PA... (and no one who had over 180!) I played 3 seasons. I think this is terrible bug, only in original version that was good (arround 10-15 players every year). I play on small database with one league like always. Btw too many post and why I can't sell player over his market value or for nothing good players who i don't want to have (and why market value don't grow up when my player played very good like in oldest version). Thanks for answer SI, sorry for my english, cheers

You need to have more than 1 league active to see a good number of quality newgens coming through.

You also need to play more than 3 seasons, as that's not enough time to accumilate data on the average newgen level.

A few things I have noticed and they are all bad in 10.3:

Pressing Continue - it takes about 4 or 5 seconds to react

When playing games, my player ratings are awfull. I have kept same tactics etc and my player ratings are crap

When playing games, my players fitness decreases far too quickly - again same tactics before 10.3 with no issues

My forwards have suddenly turned crap and do not score a quarter of the goals previously. Torres has scored once in about 8 games.

Maybe a suggestion for SI for FM 2011. Dunno if this is the right topic here but oh well:

- Keep some kind of history for the tutoring part (I do it in notes now manually). Otherwise you keep forgetting which mentor you already appointed to a certain youngster.

- Same for learning new moves. If he has failed on something you get a message he has failed. But no mention on WHAT he has failed. Would be good to mention this since it has no use to keep trying him to learn a certain move.

Maybe a suggestion for SI for FM 2011. Dunno if this is the right topic here but oh well:

- Keep some kind of history for the tutoring part (I do it in notes now manually). Otherwise you keep forgetting which mentor you already appointed to a certain youngster.

- Same for learning new moves. If he has failed on something you get a message he has failed. But no mention on WHAT he has failed. Would be good to mention this since it has no use to keep trying him to learn a certain move.

It would be better to post it in the Wishlist thread. There's a link at the top of the page. :)

im finding this patch very annoying in terms of match play

instead of 100 chances a game and unrealistic misses i find my players slow down when through and allow defenders to tackle

i hit the bar and post about 5 times a game

i struggle to make clear cut chances with a side like arsenal compared to previous patches where i could dominate and score

i am sick of drawing for no reason and finding this game annoying/frustrating

Thanks Vic :)

No problem. :thup:

im finding this patch very annoying in terms of match play

instead of 100 chances a game and unrealistic misses i find my players slow down when through and allow defenders to tackle

i hit the bar and post about 5 times a game

i struggle to make clear cut chances with a side like arsenal compared to previous patches where i could dominate and score

i am sick of drawing for no reason and finding this game annoying/frustrating

I hate to say it, but... tactics?

I am playing with St.Pauli and i just saw that Romelo Lukakus contract is expiring,so of course i went on to sign him on free but my signing on fee is 0,yet my balance is 40M euros.I am entering my fourth season.Any ideas?

Archived