Patch 10.3 - Official feedback thread - Keep it here please

Im really finding it hard to enjoy football manager 2010 under patch 10.3, for me the negatives out way the positives..

1.not enough headed goals, corners and high heading attributes for attacking purposes are pretty much obsolete now...

2.i dont like the amount of injurys and knocks there are but, the rate of which players condition goes down is a joke, Im finding that i have to rotate practically any player that has 2 games a week, so he can only play 1 a week in a good phsical state. Surely thats not right, look at how many games lampard/rooney/fabregas play week in week out in tip top condition!

3.Theres no real way to distinguish between the level of a chance a player has of scoring during a game! like a one on one ahould produce like 6/7 goals out of 10, whereas a long shot should be like 1 in 10/15....

For me football manager have gone too far with this patch/data upgrade, its like a new game rather than just a stat/bug upgrade on an allready near perfect game..

If im guna be very critical i think football manager 2009 was perfect.. (better than 2010). 2009 with 2010 player stats/changes would be perfect :D

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And I think because the game doesnt now distinguish a 'level of goal scoring chance' well enough, upsets/suprise deafeats aggainst the run are more common than they should be, iv just had a season with leeds which i finnished 5th place.. the amoung of games i had like 18shots/11target and lost/drew to the oppositions 5shots/2target is ridiculouse! I know it happens but every other game is stupid...

So its not my tactics that are wrong, im dominating games, shots on goal/target, giving them very few chances yet still getting shafted... inpatch 0.2 it would have recognised clear cut chances better than 0.3 and i would have won more games hansomly...

Iv gone from my last first season with leeds united on patch 10.2 - 1st/107points to 5th/75points on patch 10.3...

Im really finding it hard to enjoy football manager 2010 under patch 10.3, for me the negatives out way the positives..

1.not enough headed goals, corners and high heading attributes for attacking purposes are pretty much obsolete now...

2.i dont like the amount of injurys and knocks there are but, the rate of which players condition goes down is a joke, Im finding that i have to rotate practically any player that has 2 games a week, so he can only play 1 a week in a good phsical state. Surely thats not right, look at how many games lampard/rooney/fabregas play week in week out in tip top condition!

3.Theres no real way to distinguish between the level of a chance a player has of scoring during a game! like a one on one ahould produce like 6/7 goals out of 10, whereas a long shot should be like 1 in 10/15....

For me football manager have gone too far with this patch/data upgrade, its like a new game rather than just a stat/bug upgrade on an allready near perfect game..

If im guna be very critical i think football manager 2009 was perfect.. (better than 2010). 2009 with 2010 player stats/changes would be perfect :D

I can tell you that those players aren't at "Tip top" Condition for every game. Ever think of resting your starting XI for a day or 2 between games that are coming thick and fast? Normally helps

Loving 10.3 match engine. Can be bettered of course, and I agree with the OP's first two points. But it's now my all-time fave. The thrill is back, for me. The moves and some of the goals are superb.

Yes, they hit the woodwork plenty of times, but it's kind of exciting though. Better that, than a shot miles off target imo. I don't know what could replace that without it being more frustrating?

I'm not using touchline shouts or tactics creator player roles, if that makes any difference. Tried that for a while but wasn't working for me. So changed to manually set instructions for all players, and saved 9 different tactics for use in matches.

My tactics aren't about crossing to a big man so I can understand others not being as happy with it. I'm rarely worried when the opposition puts in a cross. I think that could safely be tweaked a little to make crosses/headers a bit more dangerous, in my opinion.

I can tell you that those players aren't at "Tip top" Condition for every game. Ever think of resting your starting XI for a day or 2 between games that are coming thick and fast? Normally helps

Coarse they are look at rooney, hes playing twice a week and scoring like 2 goals a game at the moment!

And lampard plays like 50 games a season being consistantly good!

Yes I rest players regularaly but i think its a pain in the ass, the condition goes down too quick and takes too long to recover :)

Coarse they are look at rooney, hes playing twice a week and scoring like 2 goals a game at the moment!

And lampard plays like 50 games a season being consistantly good!

Yes I rest players regularaly but i think its a pain in the ass, the condition goes down too quick and takes too long to recover :)

Just because they play well it doesn't mean that they are in top condition physically. Rooney has been carrying an injury for the last month or so now, highlighted by the fact he didn't start the cup final and probably would've only came on for the last 20 minutes or so if Owen didn't get injured and united weren't winning, and then Sir Alex lambasted Capello for playing him for 85 minutes 3 days later, but he's still playing with that injury and scoring goals. If Fergie could afford to rest him, then I can bet he would.

Lampard is playing well consistently, but we'll see how much the season takes out of him when the World Cup comes round, what are the odds that he has a stinker?

Fabregas hasn't played as many games as either of the other 2 due to injuries and Wengers cup selection policies, and doesn't really figure in the Spain team, so he has should pretty much be in good condition for every game.

I don't like to be negative on these forums as there's enough people who already do that but, I really am struggling since I've downloaded the patch.

I'm a below average Portuguese second division club. First season (10.2) did really well finishing 4th after a predicted 14th. I also had good runs in both cup competitions.

I installed the patch at the end of the season and am now 6-7 games into the second season and have only won once. Now that can easily be down to my new players not settling in and my tactics - I fully appreciate that.

But it's the injuries which are crippling my squad. The team with the hightest amount usually around 5 injuries, I'm constantly stuck on 8. As soon as a player recovers, another breaks down. I'm using the default training and the injuries are occuring in training and during matches and are of a wide variety.

Resources at the club are tight so I can't just go out and bring more players in. Every game, I lose another player through injury and it's impossible to field anything like the same team for two-three games at a time, for the players to adapt into the system.

It really has ruined what was looking to be a prosperous start to a career game.

I'm sure I've read that the injuries were not adjusted but can anyone explain why it's so bad. Surely it's not just bad luck?

I'm sure I've read that the injuries were not adjusted but can anyone explain why it's so bad. Surely it's not just bad luck?

High intensity training, bad facilities, high intensity tactics, players with high injury proneness and low natural fitness being played too often. Also I tend to keep a player back from injury out of the team for at least a week and if it is a big injury ease him in over a few games (done since FM09 when I Messi was picking up a lot of repeat injuries straight after coming back).

High intensity training, bad facilities, high intensity tactics, players with high injury proneness and low natural fitness being played too often. Also I tend to keep a player back from injury out of the team for at least a week and if it is a big injury ease him in over a few games (done since FM09 when I Messi was picking up a lot of repeat injuries straight after coming back).

Thanks for your comments but the training is the default setting, it that too high now?

As for tactics it's not too intense. I'll bare in mind what you've suggested though.

Here's my opinion after finishing my first season with Czech second division promotion hopefuls Letna Ziln.

I finished 3rd, just one spot behind the promotion places.

* Very close encounters for the most part - usually 2-1 or 3-2 either way. A couple of 2-2s and the odd 1-0.

* Bookings and red cards were not out of the ordinary. It usually depended on the strictness of the referee - refreshingly, some refs hardly pulled out the card, preferring to talk to errant players first.

* Headers from crosses seemed OK for me - a good few goals were scored that way.

Very good passing and movement in this game - although some of my players were inept at passing and responded well to being told to play it simple.

Lots of shots hitting the woodwork - at least once a game. A bit suspicious on that one.

Corners were ok - but there was always a player unmarked in the box, I can see how that might become an exploit.

Knocks and injuries weren't a problem - I only suffered a couple of long-term injuries and a few 2-4 weekers.

Despite having a squad of only 22 players, I was able to function without too many problems during the season.

Overall - this is the best version so far, I like it!

Also, will my ongoing save be compatible with 10.2 if I downgrade from 10.3 back to 10.2? Will my save game work even though its had a taste of 10.3?

I'm afraid not. Once you save your game with 10.3, it won't run on 10.2. I made this mistake sadly and after becoming disillusioned with FM10.3 I thought about going back to 10.2 but I'd already saved it :(. After putting so much hard work into my save, I honestly haven't got the will power to start all over again :(.

Thanks for your reply Raware

This is the last time I EVER USE STEAM. I want to choose when to update my game and Steam DOESNT allow the user to do this

I now face having an injury struck save that I am 15 seasons into. - Well done SI.

This is the reason i've given up on this years FM and future FM's :(. As with last years release and the final patch, in my opinion, injuries happen far too often. I was five years into my LLM save on FM10 and doing well. After installing 10.3 I had 16 players injured out of my squad of 24 at one point :eek: For me the game is unplayable like this.

Is saddens me that the same mistakes have been made again and this has left me wondering why I buy the game now. I've once again gone back to the version which gives me the most enjoyment and fun and that's FM08 (I don't have FM07 anymore but if I did, i'd be going back to that).

Seems like the backroom advice thingy has reverted back to a previous state, on my game.

Was fixed when there was a link to the backroom, with an alert or something that needed attention, and there was nothing there.

Now it is the same again. Often i get the advice to go to the backroom because of something that needs attention asap. But there's nothing there.

Sadly enough it's the same story. Something is fixed and then it reverts back with another patch.

While on the subject backroom advice. Why does it still link to the backroom advice when a transfer has been leaked? What am i supposed to be able to do from there, when there's nothing there to do?

Is there something i'm missing?

All of the transfer history in my game have been wiped since installing new patch anyone else noticed this?

Yep, the same thing has happened to my save. All transfer histories for all clubs are now blank and as it's December in my save all the transfers that were due to go through in January have been wiped. I've also now lost the three South American wonderkids I signed who were due to join one of my clubs when they turned 18.

I've also noticed that pre-10.3 the board of one of my clubs were allowing me up to 12 coaches (I currently have 9) and now post-10.3 they are only allowing up to 4.

I was in the process of looking to add another coach just before I updated the game so it's nothing to do with the club finances as they haven't changed significantly in the space of a couple of (game) days.

So now when other clubs steal my coaches away (which they do regularly) I wont be able to replace them.

my own tuppence worth here:

In charge of notts forest, quick example: At home to Bristol City I have 16 shots, 10 on target; Bristol have 5 shots , 2 on target. The final score- 2-0 to Bristol City!

Yeah I know freak results can and do happen in real life but this is typical of around a third of the games I play now.

Tbh I can't be bothered with the hassle of going back to 10.2 so am just gonna give up playing it. And that's saying something cos I remember the very first champy but if we're not gonna get a decent product for our money then why should I bother. Cheers SI!

Thanks for your comments but the training is the default setting, it that too high now?

As for tactics it's not too intense. I'll bare in mind what you've suggested though.

Sorry for not getting back quicker, default should not be too high, but I've heard on the forums that it tends to cause more injuries during the pre-season, so maybe cut back there. Also probably the best way to cut back the training injuries is to lower the Strength and Aerobics categories.

patch 10.3 does a great job of simulating a football game- one between Arsenal and Barcelona. It's end to end stuff, all neat slick passing with all players very comfortable on the ball. But there are 1000's of teams who cannot and do not play this way and that is not shown in the game at all.

No matter what your team attributes are like you have to play the same way- lots of through balls, few long shots and crosses.

Players who are quick but have average dribbling ability (13 or so) should move noticably slower with the ball than without yet this does not seem to be the case. A winger only slightly faster than my fullbacks will dribble past and continue moving away from my fb's when this should not be the case. Strikers who are not that good at dribbling take the ball from one touchline all the way across to the other as if it's no trouble at all avoiding all the defenders.

HTe number of posts hit too is annoying I've had almost as many posts hit as goals.

how do i install patch for pc box edition?? please help!

im such a noob :(

Simply download the patch for boxed version. Afterwards install it. You may have to add '.exe' sou you could install it.

Also, make sure you don't run FM while installing the patch.

I've read through all the fixes and seen that the defence has been improved.

Has it stopped the bizarre situation that no matter what you do the opposition will score regularly against you by launching the ball from their own box (often under pressure from your attackers) and have it drop perfectly over the shoulders of your defenders, who have stepped forwards after the ball was kicked and then wait a second before running back to cover, giving the attacker a five yard headstart?

I often concede three or four goals in a game from this, which should simply be down to players knowing what to do rather than me having to play two sweepers to cover or the dopey sods. (Which still doesn'[t really work because the long, punted hoof from the other penalty area just falls perfectly another 10 yards down the pitch..)

I've not played the game in about five months because of this, so I'd love to know that if I'm losing, at least i'm not conceding the same goal over and over and over again.

This is the reason i've given up on this years FM and future FM's :(. As with last years release and the final patch, in my opinion, injuries happen far too often. I was five years into my LLM save on FM10 and doing well. After installing 10.3 I had 16 players injured out of my squad of 24 at one point :eek: For me the game is unplayable like this.

Is saddens me that the same mistakes have been made again and this has left me wondering why I buy the game now. I've once again gone back to the version which gives me the most enjoyment and fun and that's FM08 (I don't have FM07 anymore but if I did, i'd be going back to that).

Yet again injuries have been brought up :rolleyes:

Really guys you need to get a grip injuries happen in real life and we've seen from other threads that the amount is more or less in line with real life levels.

Its not a mistake, its not a bug, its your expectations that need to change.

That said there are a number of users, myself included, that seem to experience a jump in injuries when starting a new save or installing the patch. Whilst not ideal over the course of a few in game months they settle down to expected levels.

-8 is a class PA, you know.

Firstly, can I say that this patch has solved many of the issues that made the default game such a frustrating experience. Well done!

However, I've noticed strikers with "gets into channels" move wide too easily. This results in the wingers coming inside too early, even if on "hug touchline". I think "gets into channels" needs to be situational.

I told you so. Honda is a class act. And -8 is ridiculous for a player of such class.

Yet again injuries have been brought up :rolleyes:

Really guys you need to get a grip injuries happen in real life and we've seen from other threads that the amount is more or less in line with real life levels.

Its not a mistake, its not a bug, its your expectations that need to change.

That said there are a number of users, myself included, that seem to experience a jump in injuries when starting a new save or installing the patch. Whilst not ideal over the course of a few in game months they settle down to expected levels.

Could you please link me to the figures which show that the injuries in FM are on a par with with real life. I'm just curious as to the correlation between the two.

Could you please link me to the figures which show that the injuries in FM are on a par with with real life. I'm just curious as to the correlation between the two.

NP, I'm suspect SI will use several sources though.

Physioroom

From the table you can select individual clubs:

Arsenal Bolton Everton

and even individual players:

William Gallas Gavin McCann Leon Osman

Having been late to test the 10.3 version, due to other games. I started up with Liverpool. Taking on a slightly altered 4-5-1 formation, I really struggled - though winning some, pulling hair out of multiple misses in front of goal. Especially on headers. Though tackling in midfield was good, my defence often just were reduced to cones, despite having - for once - a good "easy" schedule. Like having 30 shots on goal against Sunderland, and still losing 1-0, or after a poor game against Chelsea I had 18 shots, and none hit target, including a penalty, and an open goal. I really, really just wanted to erase the game. It was simply too much.

However, needless to say this game is so addictive, so I altered my expectations, started anew. Giving myself time and effort to make a new tactic(4-2-0-3-1(if I could say so)). Trying to make trades with players(something that has really been improved), though failing to get players like Aguero(for £20 mil), and Babel and Kuyt(Babel declined). (Got Sanchez for 10 mil+Bene in the first game). My team seems completely altered. I am pretty effective, most of the goals scored against me, are blameless - and foremostly I usually win(lost the first due to 3 counters away against Villa) when being the best team on the pitch. Resulting in a small tweak in defence and for Mascherano. Yes, 10.1 was easier to win, but where is the challenge?. I have a good variety of goals, instead of seeing the same goals over and over again like in the past versions of 2010.

My players are really good throughout, examplified in my last game against Stoke at home. Getting an early goal, followed by 3 doubtful offside goals, then 2 counter goals for Stoke. There, with only 5 mins to go of the game, I was feeling my team would be down in morale. Still no one to blame, but one was fortunately the other like Arshavins at Anfield irl. It was really unfair, but what was this? 1 min later Gerrard scored outside the box, and in overtime Torres scored as well. So what is the point of this example? I don't think my team has come back so late in a game in 2010 before. Had another late goal away against Marseille to win an equal game.

Why so much text? I try to say that the game has become more rewarding, because it reminds much more of real life football on the pitch instead of a result generator. Yes, I get injured alot(on the pitch), and yes I tend to hit the crossbar a few times(have been worse in 2010), and yes tactics seem to be the difference between your players are horrible players or as good as they are supposed to be.

Thanks Sigames. 2 days ago, my post would have told another tale, but as per usual, I am very happy with the 3rd patch.

PS Reina got sent off for handling the ball a few games back, or so the report said, but it is all good.

What is it with this game and red cards? Every time the opposite team get a red card, they play like gods. My last game went from 0-0 to a 0-3 loss for me after a red card in the 65:th minute for the opposite team. Is that really realistic?

- Wingers/wide play/crossing:

A crucial area for me, as quality wing play is essential to my game. I'd read a few accounts around the forum of some issues in this area, so I was concerned that would affect my game. I did find initially that the reports of wingers only crossing to the other winger and bypassing the forwards are accurate, and that was not good.

But I read of a workaround (sorry that I don't have time to find the link, but credit to the poster who discovered it), and I am very happy to confirm that the work around works. The issue is with the "Winger" role. Simply change the role of your winger to "Wide Midfielder". You can still change his actual settings back to "hug line", "run with ball often" etc, and other winger related functions, you just need him to be under the "Wide Midfielder" role instead of "Winger", and crossing works perfectly well, and follows your crossing instructions as normal.

Can we get SI confirmation in relation to this issue?

Game crashed.

I tired to process to next day, 2/16/2010, and I got error message as "Football Manager 2010 10.3.0f104859 has stopped working".

I updated grphic card driver and active X.

I tried to reinstall football manager 2010 and steam.

I still have a same problem.

whenever I try to pass 2/16/2010, it is crashed.

help needed guys. i have downloaded the patch to my desktop, from there i have double clicked which just starts the game up and when i start a new game it still says version 10.0. how do i install the patch so i can have version 10.3, thanks peeps

Rename the file on the desktop by adding ".exe" onto the end and then double click it.

cougar thanks, tried that but still can only get version 10.0. any other ideas??

Does it still open FM when you double click it?

If so I think you need to delete it & download it again, then rename it (add .exe on the end) and double click. The reason is you have chosen to associate the file with the FM program and I don't think you can change that association hence the need to download again.

Sorry if this issue has already been posted in one of the previous 1000+ posts, but I'm not gonna go through all of them. I'm trying to install Patch 10.3, but this is giving me difficulties. When it's trying to update the files the process suddenly stops and the following message appears:

"Error creating update fil - C.\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\date\sigfx\meshes\stadium\20-30,000\c\concrete_block_shader.png

Error 0x000004C8 - The requested operation cannot be performed on a file with a user-mapped section open."

I've never ever had problems installing patches before, but now this is also turning out to be problematic. really getting tired of the whole thing - wish I could just play the game without patches and crashes and son on which has now been a problem for the last few years:o(((

Well, hopefully, someone with more computer knowledge than me can turn me in the right direction, so that I can patch up this game..

No, the game was not open when I tried to install the patch, so that cannot be the problem unfortunately.

Editor open??

I think its saying a file is in use.

Maybe reboot and don't open anything, then try applying patch.

Archived