Patch 10.3 - Official feedback thread - Keep it here please

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have installed the new patch. My problem is that when i use the go on holiday mode (usually set it to go for 1 season to test some things) the game experiences crash dumps. the timing of them seems a bit random as somtimes i can holiday the whole season sometimes not.

I havent experienced any crash dumps while controlling the team myself yet.

This is on an old save using the 10.2 DB

I did not experience this issue before i patch to 10.3. i have done the clearing cache thing. Also i am using the boxed version and have not verified through steam or anything, just keeping the disc in the tray.

Anybody else experiencing this? Any ideas SI?

I'm picking up injuries every game. Its a joke.

I have Steam and it updated automatically, is there a way to get the old patch back?

If you're playing via Steam, you can either play the game completely unpatched (right click on FM in your My Games tab -> Properties -> Turn off automatic updates - this will require a re-install obviously) or updated to the latest 10.3.0 patch.

if there is a 10.4 will SI bow to popular demand and put Landon Donovan at everton? Maybe some kind of option in preferences?

I don't see why people are making such a big deal over a non-issue. 5 minutes in the editor and Landon Donovan is at Everton - It can even be set up to mirror his real life one in terms of start and end dates - no 4th patch required.

SI don't do short term loans - deal with it

SI COULD U PLEASE ANSWER THIS? :)

There are 2 big issues on the latest patch with Hoffenheims stadium and the russian league wich has a team there (torpedo zil) which actually plays some leagues below.

Is there any fix patc out for this?

landon-donovan-2.jpg

Hello eveyrone! My name is Landon Donovan and while I might not be a good or even half-famous football, pardon me - SOCCER player, I am a huge star in the Internet world because of the simple fact that I'm not included in the Everton squad in FM10.

Now I know this comes as a huge upset for the millions of my fans playing the game but please don't judge the company making it and understand one simple thing from their policy which was repeated exactly 47 times in this thread:

IT'S A BLOODY SHORT-TERM LOAN DEAL MATE!

and these just so happen to never be included in the FM series

Until we meet next time, kisses and hugs to all my fapping fans out there!

Landon "Short Term" Donovan

xxx

p.s.

Thinking of you until next release...

Brilliant. :D

• Administrators
SI COULD U PLEASE ANSWER THIS? :)

There are 2 big issues on the latest patch with Hoffenheims stadium and the russian league wich has a team there (torpedo zil) which actually plays some leagues below.

Is there any fix patc out for this?

We're aware of the Hoffenheim error, but what exactly is the problem with Torpedo Zil? When I load up 10.3, FC Moscow are still there and there is no Torpedo Zil - (it was too late to remove FC Moscow) - what is happening and what should be happening there?

Short term loans aren't included in the game. They never have been.

"The way some people find fault, you'd think there was some kind of reward."

funny how many times i have seen you find fault with other people on these forums

it was my lame attempt at a joke

FM2010 updated via Steam the other day and since then it loads up and gets to the "loading" screen then complains about low memory availability, I then click ok and then FM shuts itself down saying it is out of memory. My laptop has 3Gb of RAM and the only program running apart from the usual background stuff is Steam. Can anyone please suggest a remedy before i launch my laptop out of the window!!!!!!

"The way some people find fault, you'd think there was some kind of reward."

funny how many times i have seen you find fault with other people on these forums

it was my lame attempt at a joke

I wasn't finding fault with you. You asked a question and I answered it.

If you want me to find fault with you, I'm sure I can manage it.

• Administrators
FM2010 updated via Steam the other day and since then it loads up and gets to the "loading" screen then complains about low memory availability, I then click ok and then FM shuts itself down saying it is out of memory. My laptop has 3Gb of RAM and the only program running apart from the usual background stuff is Steam. Can anyone please suggest a remedy before i launch my laptop out of the window!!!!!!

I'd suggest reinstalling the game and perhaps Steam as well, details on how to do a Manual Uninstall can be found here - http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4455346&postcount=11

Let me know how you get on, thanks.

I downloaded and installed 10.3 on the Mac digital download copy and found that in 10.3, my loans disappeared and even after starting a 10.3 database game, I found that half of my games as Barca were very high in injuries and bookings. My play tactics were set to 4-3-3 and a soft medium training schedule, even the general training schedules so fatigue was never an issue. I've decided to re-install the game and use the 10.2 database instead with my old saves.

Quick question, why isn't Landon.... (just kidding!)

I've only got good things to say about the patch, all seems to be working as it should, just noticed one thing; the amount of shots that hit the woodwork now has drastically increased. Oh well, keeps me on the edge of my seat.

Thanks SI

The injuries situation is beyond a joke, im having to take 2 possible 3 players off every game, i haven't started 2 consecutive games with the same starting 11 most are impact injuries so i know it's not anything to do with my tactics or training.

Ignoring the injury situation the match engine seems much more realistic and more enjoyable, the players seem to be playing the way i set them up so win lose or draw only myself to blame.

Here are my two ss, the first from 2009 and the other from 2010(u can start in both seasons)

http://bildr.no/view/601002

http://bildr.no/view/601003

In booth saves u find a torpedo moscow and no FC moscow, who doesnt exist in the game:S

And no i have never ever touched the editor in my life, dont know where i even find it ;P

Anybody ? Could maybe somone else please check the russian league?

Here are my two ss, the first from 2009 and the other from 2010(u can start in both seasons)

http://bildr.no/view/601002

http://bildr.no/view/601003

In booth saves u find a torpedo moscow and no FC moscow, who doesnt exist in the game:S

And no i have never ever touched the editor in my life, dont know where i even find it ;P

Please could someone please help me out? Maybe somone could check oput the russian league on their game? Why does Torpedo appear in my game and not Neil Brock's?

Have to say this game is a lot more playable with 10.3. Noticed teams in my league are now buying players for the future which never happened before. Got a chill when I checked my subs and saw Wisla buy a 17 y/o Slovakian striker :D

Well played again SI :thup:

Another question, why isn't the Basque flag in the game?

I played few matches with patch 10.3 and I'm quite disappointed.

Imo the matchengine is out of balance...

My defenders back off way too much (tackling issue mentioned in several threads), which wasn't the case in 10.2.

I have a very attacking tactic with lots of closing down and tackling with fysical players, but this isn't happening as much as it did in 10.2.

The opposition side also defends rediculous, my attacker (Dembélé, high dribbling stats) always leaves the defence clueless and keeps on scoring like a machine.

Also the match ratings are really weird.

At half time they aren't really high, altough players score and give assists. In 2nd half they don't improve much, but when the match ends, they suddenly go through the roof?

And in every game U almost get at least one light injury, which is pretty annoying. In 10.2 U occasionally got a injury, still enough though ;)

These are my fixtures: the macthes in the red rectangle are the one with the new patch.

fm2010103.jpg

The new matchengine didn't hurt my tactics/results, but it definitely feels unatural compared to 10.2.

Also when I look at the match (2D), its way too quick compared to 10.2. and when I set the gamespeed a notch lower, its too slow.

Maybe this all is picking, but it are those little things that float my boat... ;)

I'll prolly switch back to 10.2 to get that realistic feeling again. :)

Upon hearing about the release of the 10.3 patch I went to open up steam expecting it to subsequently begin updating automatically as usual. As expected the usual little box came up saying "updating steam" and so all seemed well.

However, it never actually begins the update. It never even shows a bar moving or a percentage of any kind, let alone get stuck on zero. It just sits there with that "updating steam" box on the screen. I tried leaving it there for hours in case it was just updating really slowly but it still never changed.

All previous patches for FM2010 and FM2009 updated automatically without any problem and as far as I'm aware I've not changed any setings since they were downloaded with regards to routers or firewalls or anything like that so I don't understand what the problem is.

If anyone can help it would be much appreciated, although I'm not very technically minded so you might need to explain it like you're talking to an idiot!

Thanks in advance.

Upon hearing about the release of the 10.3 patch I went to open up steam expecting it to subsequently begin updating automatically as usual. As expected the usual little box came up saying "updating steam" and so all seemed well.

However, it never actually begins the update. It never even shows a bar moving or a percentage of any kind, let alone get stuck on zero. It just sits there with that "updating steam" box on the screen. I tried leaving it there for hours in case it was just updating really slowly but it still never changed.

All previous patches for FM2010 and FM2009 updated automatically without any problem and as far as I'm aware I've not changed any setings since they were downloaded with regards to routers or firewalls or anything like that so I don't understand what the problem is.

If anyone can help it would be much appreciated, although I'm not very technically minded so you might need to explain it like you're talking to an idiot!

Thanks in advance.

Try turning the automatic patching off, then on again.

• SI Staff
Peter Thompson is back at Linfield. Albeit on loan from Stockport County. This hasn't been changed on the latest patch. Strangely Chris Casement has been changed and he joined us on loan well after Peter.

We do have a Data Issues forum. Thompson's loan error is a Data Issue. It has been brought up in the Data Issues forum and responded to there.

The error was down to Thompson's loan being recorded as 2009 instead of 2010 by the Stockport researcher - an easy error to make when you are doing changes in January 2010. Caement was changed by the Dundee researcher. Neither change was anything to do with the N. Ireland research team.

Apologies for it, you can use the editor to amend this, or go to this thread, scroll to the bottom of the opening post and download an xml file which you can use alongside the 10.3 database to amend this, and some other identified data errors or changes since the data lock deadline.

Hello sports interactive I am having the same problem with 10.3 as I did with 10.2 my game is slow.

When I push continue it s extremely slow.

My information is as follows,

England league2

Plus additional data all of Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, plus national reputation players from Peru and Uruguay. When I push, continue the game stops for sometime it can be a few minutes or more than 10minutes, and then it carries on as normal. This occurs randomly the game time/date is not when you get to a point when players retire or when they become free-transfers, as this period is usually slow.

I have not loaded any custom skins facepacks graphical ad-on’s etc.

My PC is an HP Pavilion a6623uk Desktop PC Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium 32-bit

AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 processor 4450e

3 GB DDR2-SDRAM

500 GB SATA 3G Hard Disk Drive (7200 rpm)

ATI Radeon® HD 3450, with Avivo 256 MB dedicated memory, up to 1535 MB total available graphics memory as allocated by Windows Vista®

DVD writer SATA DVD RAM and Double Layer

Which dose exceeds the minimum requirements as mentioned on your box.

Why do you think the game has slowed down?

I have updated my driver to the latest version etc, deleted my cache memory

At one stage using 10.2 I was waiting hours to continue, so I got so fed up, I had to go back to 10.1.1 and my speed returned as normal no problems speed wise. If you like, I can upload my 10.1.1 game and my 10.3 game, which are only a few hours apart in game time so you can see the difference between speeds.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours

Farhan

If you're playing via Steam, you can either play the game completely unpatched (right click on FM in your My Games tab -> Properties -> Turn off automatic updates - this will require a re-install obviously) or updated to the latest 10.3.0 patch.

Thanks for that mate. When I re-install, will it clear all my saved games?

Archived