Patch 10.3 - Official feedback thread - Keep it here please

right lads im on patch 0.2 startin my 4 season doin very well, with some nice eastern european regens about to hit around 17 or 18 and i know there gonna clean up for years. problem is, this is the first time iv got stuck into fm in years, so do i scrap it and download the new patch and risk just startin a new game every time i get to january for another couple of years or do i keep goin with patch 0.2??

fyi, iv not experienced many probs with the game so far, it lags a bit for me thats it.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It wasn't that bad, but moving Inside Forwards to the striker position and playing 4-3-3 was always more effective.

In my short experience with 10.3 it still is. Playing wide now seems to give you lots of shots, but only 25% of my shots hit the target in my wide tactics. Went back to narrow 4-1-2-3 and I got less shots but 90% of the shots hit the target.

So I'd rather just get 13 shots and have 12 of them on target than getting 30 shots and still only have 6 on target.

Is this a player of your own or a player you have made an offer to?

How did you access this screen?

Is this happening with all players?

it happens with my and other players. when i am at home i could provide some screenshots

I had set with FMRTE the chairman influence to 1 , the lonely tweak I did to mitigate a bit the chairman self destructing ego.

I have then patched the game via Steam, I have the Steam version.

Do I have to reset the chairman influence to 1 again or it hasn't been touched by the 10.3 ?

Thanks in advance

I had set with FMRTE the chairman influence to 1 , the lonely tweak I did to mitigate a bit the chairman self destructing ego.

Do I have to reset the chairman influence to 1 again or it hasn't been touched by the 10.3 ?

Thanks in advance

Should stay the same on the theory that 10.3 will only fix the bugs in a current save.

i like the fact that now players not have scored a goal or provided an assist can still get a rating above 9, my MC played godly through balls and was the best by far by performance, the reward 9.0, tho the game ended 0-0 :D cant remember something similiar in any FM before

After installing the patch yesterday I've found that the game freezes with an "application error" when I try to load up my last save, just as the loading bar reaches the top. It was running perfectly with 10.2 and all my other saves load without a problem. Has anyone else encountered this, or know if theres any way around it?

Thanks

I see that you still have to select 3 goalkeepers for international friendlies in FM even though you don't have to in real life. If you look at the squads for todays friendlies a lot of them only have 2(two) goalkeepers. I posted this in another thread well before the latest patch was released but I guess SI didn't think it was worth fixing.

Don't have time to read the whole thread, but a question, all of a sudden I am getting the same amounts of shots on target as in previous patch but my players now can't get hardly any on target! It was fine before, tried changing the width and style of play etc but nothing seems to work?

Originally Posted by grep

Thanks in advance

Should stay the same on the theory that 10.3 will only fix the bugs in a current save.

Thanks for the reply,

I know I can check it by myself but the 10.3 FMRTE hasn't been released yet and until the release date I fear the chairman ego :)

Thanks for the reply,

I know I can check it by myself but the 10.3 FMRTE hasn't been released yet and until the release date I fear the chairman ego :)

As I say, it shouldn't. I've never tinkered with FMRTE so can't say for sure. I'm just working on the theory that no data changes take effect unless you start a new save.

Don't have time to read the whole thread, but a question, all of a sudden I am getting the same amounts of shots on target as in previous patch but my players now can't get hardly any on target! It was fine before, tried changing the width and style of play etc but nothing seems to work?

Long shots? Or good chances? If it's the latter then you need better players. If it's the former then I think it was addressed in the patch. I think the problem wasn't the amount of shots, more the fact that the too many of them were on target.

As I say, it shouldn't. I've never tinkered with FMRTE so can't say for sure. I'm just working on the theory that no data changes take effect unless you start a new save.

I feel the same, when FMRTE 10.3 will be out ( I guess within a week more or less ) I will double check it anyway , thanks

I've just started a new game as Watford. My main gripe is that Taylor's injury has been carried forward. I wouldn't mind, but we weren't paying his wages for the six months he was out, and we had the benefit of Scott Severin and Craig Cathcart. Surely the January update should either simulate what has happened over the course of the season (with the use of agreed future transfer dates), or it should update the squad "as is". I don't mind which, but in that example I'm on the raw end of a mish-mash between the two.
Yes the whole system has become farcical hasn't it - there is no consistency applied to the process.

• SI Staff
One quick question,

i have a .xml make with the editor from 102 database.

I know that, if i used it with the 103 database some error will happen.

But my question is... if i use my FM, with patch 10.3, but using 102 database with the changes from my .xml file... will i get any problems?

Is it possible to occur any kind of error?

Or, playing like this, will i miss any fixes or improvements brought my the new patch?

If you use an xml file that was created for and worked previously with the 10.2 database it should still work in 10.3 with the 10.2 database.

The problem started from patch 2 on new years day. But stopped playing fm downloaded the new patch auto from steam but the problem persist.

Can I please get some further clarification - did your crash problems happen immediately after you installed patch 2?

The bug where if you holiday and the assistant uses your tactics rather then his own even though the option isnt chosen is still there. I read a thread where someone from SI commented that they fixed it for the patch but I guess not?

Can you please post this in the bugs forum?

ok so just got to the champions league group stage draw and i try to view it and i get a window pop up saying

"WARNING"

attempted to create widget in invalid column

im on a mac

Have you got the save game before you complete the draw? Is it reproducible?

It'd be appreciated if you can post this in the bugs forum.

I've done my fair share of complaining about this game but on the whole you can't fault this patch. It's a good one.

Though i am wondering if moving matches for TV has been enabled in my network game because of this patch..... It's annoying when you can't play at the same time as the other players and just takes twice as long.

And the ball seems to spin around on the floor when it should be stopped - major oversight!

Patching went smoothly for me and their has been some noticable improvements to the ME. However one gripe is that I conceded 3 penalties against Man City (as Utd). 2 Were saved and 1 went in. Then the next game against Wolves I conceded another 2 pens, both saved. Tackling was on hard for the City game and normal against Wolves. May just be a coincidence but that's a large number of pens.

As I say it's only a minor gripe to a very decent update. Just putting it out there in case anyone else has had any such incident

• SI Staff
Has there been a reply to this yet? Mine also freezes now when I try to start it up.

If you uninstall the game then reinstall it making sure you delete the 'Sports Interactive' folders in the following locations:

User > Library > Preferences

&

User > Library > Caches

Then start the game without patching it and switch it to Windowed mode in the Preference screen, if you then patch to 10.3 you should be able to get the game running. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Also how about releasing the patch without the data update? Viera wasnt at City at the start of the season so don't want him there in the game, or make it a future transfer instead of putting him straight into the squad?

Can I please get some further clarification - did your crash problems happen immediately after you installed patch 2?

Been playing patch 2 since its release date. There were no problems. But since January the game refused to work. I thought if I download patch 3 it will stop thats why I was patient. But the problem still exist. Are there a list of softwares I must have to be able to play the game? Never experienced this problems on past fm games

Been playing patch 2 since its release date. There were no problems. But since January the game refused to work. I thought if I download patch 3 it will stop thats why I was patient. But the problem still exist. Are there a list of softwares I must have to be able to play the game? Never experienced this problems on past fm games

That's strange.

Can you please PM me your DXDIAG information (up to and including Display Devices)..

How to get your Dxdiag information

Windows XP

1. Click on “Start”

2. Click on “Run”

3. In the text prompt box that appears type “dxdiag” and click ok.

4. Once the dxdiag program has finished scanning your machine click “Save All Information” save this to a place you will remember.

5. Copy and past these as/where needed.

Wndows Vista

1. Click on “Start”

2. Click inside the search box

3. In the search box type “dxdiag” and click ok.

4. Once the dxdiag program has finished scanning your machine click “Save All Information” save this to a place you will remember.

5. Copy and past these as/where needed.

There should not be - patch 3 is save game compatible.

Be sure to keep a backup of your game as there are problems with future transfers when continuing a game: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=193031

I'm not going to make a song and dance about it here, but I must say I am very disappointed in the aforementioned bug slipping through the net. In testing 10.3, anyone who continued a game from 10.2 had to have noticed this.

I said it on the other thread, but I have a backup version of my save, which was last saved with 10.2. I also have a version I saved using 10.3, from a couple of game-weeks later. Can I upload either or both to be helpful in providing a solution for the future transfer bug?

Have you got the save game before you complete the draw? Is it reproducible?

It'd be appreciated if you can post this in the bugs forum.

sorry no. i just restarted the game and just clicked continue and it did the draw without me viewing it. thing is the draw for the league cup was viewable.

i'll go ahead and post this in the bugs forum

Be sure to keep a backup of your game as there are problems with future transfers when continuing a game: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=193031

I'm not going to make a song and dance about it here, but I must say I am very disappointed in the aforementioned bug slipping through the net. In testing 10.3, anyone who continued a game from 10.2 had to have noticed this.

I said it on the other thread, but I have a backup version of my save, which was last saved with 10.2. I also have a version I saved using 10.3, from a couple of game-weeks later. Can I upload either or both to be helpful in providing a solution for the future transfer bug?

I'm continuing a save from 10.2 and have not experienced the future transfers bug.

First game on my Liverpool save: 2-1 home defeat to Blackburn. We didn't even get a clear chance all game and only scored after they went a man down. They scored the first from one long punt by Robinson right through my whole defence and the second a penalty.

Despite the defeat, the ME seemed less frustrating strangely. I might have to start a new save though.

First game on my Liverpool save: 2-1 home defeat to Blackburn. We didn't even get a clear chance all game and only scored after they went a man down. They scored the first from one long punt by Robinson right through my whole defence and the second a penalty.

Despite the defeat, the ME seemed less frustrating strangely. I might have to start a new save though.

Did you see last Sunday's game? They scored a penalty and had god knows how many long punts by Robinson. It is not inconceivable it could have finished 2-1 to Blackburn last Sunday...

Enjoying the defending, the best it's been by far on the 3D. Kudos to SI here.

However it seems everytime the ball goes into the box the AI appeals for a penalty. I've had five straight games now where the match report has stated "there was controversy as xxxx then had a penalty shout turned down" three times in a row.

Noticed that you cant sell anyone now and if someone does bid its only MV and over 48 months, i mean real madrid and barca offering 7m for nani over 48 months come on. No interest in Anderson, every bid is 48 months :(

update- bidding for players and offering exchanges seems to work better so not as bad as i thought :)

Just got Balotelli for 5m + nani, which would never of happened in 10.2, but is a realistic deal id say

• Administrators
So any official word from SI on the supposed transfer history and installments bug?

It's something which we are aware of and are looking into - we've found it's not happening in every continued save so are trying to narrow down why it is happening. Thanks.

After installing the patch yesterday I've found that the game freezes with an "application error" when I try to load up my last save, just as the loading bar reaches the top. It was running perfectly with 10.2 and all my other saves load without a problem. Has anyone else encountered this, or do any of you SI guys know what could be wrong? Sorry for posting twice but it's really annoying me

Thanks

Archived