Patch 10.3 - Official feedback thread - Keep it here please

• SI Staff
A few transfers are overlooked in Scotland and i'm puzzled by the £2.5m transfer budget for Celtic (compared to the £8m budget we get on every other patch.)

Which transfers are overlooked? Mark Brown to Hibs is a known error.

Celtic's transfer budget is down because a) they have spent money on Hooiveld and Slane, and the loans of Keane, Kamara and Braafheid. Of course, they have received money from Boro for the four players that moved there, plus some from Wigan for Caldwell, but it is well-known that Celtic do not have a lot of spare cash floating around for transfers, hence the clear-out to Middlesbrough and the use of the loan market instead of permanent signings.

How up to date are the transfers in this patch? I've just checked a few such as Panucci leaving Parma but he's still there on the game.

I am told that Panucci left Parma in 23/02/10.

Data lock was about a week before that.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Uhm no, i´ve already disabled all that 3d stuff...using it low resolution until it stopped working (patch 3.0). I´m not sure if it has something to do with updating video software. I´m not very good at it, can you please tell me what should i update to see if it works? my video card is updated and so is DirectX. I´m using Windows Vista. Thanks for your quick help!

I will need your graphic card information.

Please do the following and let me know the required information (name of card in full, date of drivers).

From the Windows desktop:

- Click Start

- Click Run

- Type DXDIAG in the Open field

- Click OK

This will launch the DirectX Diagnostic Tool. Click on the Display and Sound tabs. The upper left box headed ‘Devices’ shows the make and model of card; the right box headed ‘Drivers’ shows the driver version number.

Just a thought about transfer embargo's.

When a club is under an embargo, not allowed to sign any players at all and has a fairly small squad, do you think a good adition to the game would be an appeal to the F.A to relax it to sign "Emergency" loan players? (28 days / 2 months ect)

Being a Bournemouth fan it's quite common for me!

Looking at the game (10.3) now we are under an embargo, but can still sign free transfers which isnt right.

Do you think it would be a good idea to include in further patches?

Football Manager 2010 10.3.0f104859 has stopped working. done the cache and re installed. still the same problem. Even the french people who play fm2010 have the same problem. Heres the link

http://www.footmanager.net/forum/patch-10-3-0-disponible-t22063.html

Okay, kunle. Sorry for the wait.

Before anything, can you please remind me exactly in full all the steps you've taken so far to try and fix your problem.

Also, did you have any similar problems whatsoever with the game when installing patch 1 or 2?

I love 10.3 patch. My tactics started working surprisingly well.

I know I have the best squad in the league, but I never managed to do so well before. After I patched the game I had 5 consecutive wins with a total of 22 goals scored 1 conceded. (5-0, 5-0, 5-1, 3-0, 4-0). Although, in between these huge wins I lost to Chelski in CL.

But anyway. Fantastic work, SI!

Exellent patch si, well done. Game seems to be running smoother, not so many ccc's and when I've had em I've scored and so far everything seems a little better....... Is what I would have said had I not left the room and returned to find an error message on my screen and the match I was happily winning gone. Oh dear, crashes still.

I'm going to uninstall and try again. If I still get crashes, that will mean 3 out of the 7 monthsive had this game it's been unplayable.

If I return this game, will you give me my money back please?

Please do the following and let me know the required information (name of card in full, date of drivers).

Devices

Radeon Xpress 1300M

ATI Radeon Xpress 1200 Series (0x7942)

Internal DAC (400MHz)

1304 MB

1024X768 (32bit) (85 Hz)

Drivers

atiumdag.dll, atiumdva.cap, atitmmxx.

Version 7.14.0010.0464

Date 18/01/2007

DDI version 9Ex

Patch 10.3 has got me back into FM2010 after being a bit disillusioned by 10.2. Making tactics based on football and not cheating the ME has returned and everything makes sense! Also good work on the backroom advice making more sense. Lots of plusses and no negatives found yet SI well done :)

• SI Staff
Just a thought about transfer embargo's.

When a club is under an embargo, not allowed to sign any players at all and has a fairly small squad, do you think a good adition to the game would be an appeal to the F.A to relax it to sign "Emergency" loan players? (28 days / 2 months ect)

Being a Bournemouth fan it's quite common for me!

Looking at the game (10.3) now we are under an embargo, but can still sign free transfers which isnt right.

Do you think it would be a good idea to include in further patches?

It's a good idea, but it doesn't sound like a lot of fun, and is the sort of thing which could prove difficult to get right without being buggy.

There's the balance between realism and gameplay fun to deal with too.

Still having issues trying to get a game up and running.....had one memory crash and one "crash with no name", just thinking that maybe SI don't use facepacks and badges when testing game? The issues has come when i have all my players in the one team sorting them and i click on the player position button too look at preferered foot etc. and bye bye fm. Happened twice now when starting a new game. I cleared the cache and verified my files. Will try not having all the players in the one team to see if it helps next. I am using steam digital download. Strange how some people are having problems and others are not. Has anyone lost a game or had thier team play poorly on new patch? The worst i have heard here so far is a draw lol.

Devices

Radeon Xpress 1300M

ATI Radeon Xpress 1200 Series (0x7942)

Internal DAC (400MHz)

1304 MB

1024X768 (32bit) (85 Hz)

Drivers

atiumdag.dll, atiumdva.cap, atitmmxx.

Version 7.14.0010.0464

Date 18/01/2007

DDI version 9Ex

Okay, you're playing using your laptop? And you're on Vista, right?

If yes, can you give me the name and model number of your laptop?

Okay, you're playing using your laptop? And you're on Vista, right?

If yes, can you give me the name and model number of your laptop?

Sure, i´m using a Samsung r60 plus

Very good job with the latest patch SI. The matches are much smoother now and the flow of the passing in particular has significantly improved. Defenders seem to be moving much more realistically now and also making better decisions. While I''ve only played 3 games since upgrading, the problem of strikers missing one-on-ones seems, as far as I can tell, to have been fixed.

The frustration I did sometimes feel from playing initially and after patches 1 and 2 really has dissipated, its a much better game experience. Even enjoyed watching my battling PNE side get taught a football lesson by Arsenal - was that really a computer game match? The football by AI Arsenal was a joy to watch and exactly how they play IRL when they are at their best.

A good job well done! Also think the staff and mods on here deserve some credit for making themselves available online in large numbers last night in order to answer queries and sort out problems :)

Is anyone else having trouble with the new patch because i am as every match i play in it usually ends up as a 0-0 or a 1-0 win even in the league cup for example i was man utd playing scunthorpe had something like 30 shots at goal and won 1-0

Sure, i´m using a Samsung r60 plus

Please go to http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/detail/supportPrdDetail.do?menu=SP01&prd_ia_cd=05010400&prd_mdl_cd=&prd_mdl_name=NP-R60PLUS&prd_ia_sub_class_cd=P# and select "Driver".

From there choose the first instance of "VGA(Graphics) ATI" for Vista to download/install.

This driver date is one year more recent than the one you currently have installed.

Let us know if that helps fix your problem.

while negotiating a contract with a player the signing fee button is greyed out and i cant set any fee... anyone experiencing the same?

It's the same here. Can't remember right now if it happens with my own players, other teams players or both.

Is anyone else having trouble with the new patch because i am as every match i play in it usually ends up as a 0-0 or a 1-0 win even in the league cup for example i was man utd playing scunthorpe had something like 30 shots at goal and won 1-0

How many CCC's did you have? How many of those were long shots? Its often the case you can have a lot of efforts on goal, but if lots of them are poor quality e.g. because the opposition parked the bus, then it can be difficult to score.

Played 3 games with the new patch. I am PNE, in my 3rd season, and first season in the Premiership. Battling relegation though we are above the drop zone.

Drew 0-0 at Everton, who are 2nd, very good result for us

Beat Sunderland at Deepdale 3-1. Goals similar to number of CCC's.

Got turned over at the Emirates 3-0, couldn't get the ball off them. Possession 75%-25% in their favour. Pretty much what I'd expect tbh when they are on form.

So, my early impression is that it seems pretty realistic.

Started a new game and noticed that mls teams cant offer signing fees, option is greyed out. is this on purpose? because i tried with a team from a different country and it was normal.

Started a new game and noticed that mls teams cant offer signing fees, option is greyed out. is this on purpose? because i tried with a team from a different country and it was normal.

I experience it in Brazil.

So, when is 10.4 coming out to fix 10.3? :p

I can't help but notice alot of player wages seem a bit strange. Martin Olsson was on £200 a week when I signed him. Chris Smalling is on £500 a week. I don't know how much they are on IRL, but I'm sure it's more than that. Also can't help but notice that Portsmouth have not been deducted points on the game, whilst Crystal Palace have, and that alot of loans/transfers are missing from the game that happen IRL.

I am unhappy at this patch. I just played West Ham, at Anfield with Liverpool, having 18 shots, not one goal. I also picked up two injuries.

I am also confused at why Raheem Sterling seems to be missing from teh game.

Please go to http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/detail/supportPrdDetail.do?menu=SP01&prd_ia_cd=05010400&prd_mdl_cd=&prd_mdl_name=NP-R60PLUS&prd_ia_sub_class_cd=P# and select "Driver".

From there choose the first instance of "VGA(Graphics) ATI" for Vista to download/install.

This driver date is one year more recent than the one you currently have installed.

Let us know if that helps fix your problem.

Problem solved. I updated the driver and now it works. Thank you very very much. Now i can start a career in charge of my beloved Celta de Vigo.

Okay, kunle. Sorry for the wait.

Before anything, can you please remind me exactly in full all the steps you've taken so far to try and fix your problem.

Also, did you have any similar problems whatsoever with the game when installing patch 1 or 2?

The problem started from patch 2 on new years day. But stopped playing fm downloaded the new patch auto from steam but the problem persist.

I feel bad about opening 100 threads on the same topic as there are already 2 and 2 in the bugs forums with no reply whatsoever but please SI staff give some answer to these serious issues:

- Lack of jobs due to teams not firing their managers (International mostly and clubs)

- International coefficients having no effect when seeding teams for EU and WC qualifications

Thanks

Maybe not many of you have noticed it, but the free agent problem has been solved as well. I can not turn a relegation candidate into a top team only by signing some free players anymore, now good work is needed to build a squad. In fact, I'm desperate to find a capable right winger and add some depth in the defensive end - something I have never felt since buying this game. :) Fantastic. This patch is a more important update than FM11 will be, for sure, it's like an entirely new game. I won't buy FM11 until March 2011. :D

Maybe not many of you have noticed it, but the free agent problem has been solved as well. I can not turn a relegation candidate into a top team only by signing some free players anymore, now good work is needed to build a squad. In fact, I'm desperate to find a capable right winger and add some depth in the defensive end - something I have never felt since buying this game. :) Fantastic. This patch is a more important update than FM11 will be, for sure, it's like an entirely new game. I won't buy FM11 until March 2011. :D

I've discovered that as well. Was too easy in Brazil before. Not too easy anymore. Unless my scouts are crap. :D

Darlington have a transfer budget of £200m and a wage budget of 11k p/w at the start of a new season for me...only the new signings are there, the rest of the first team are now free transfers. This came to my attention when they bid £2.6m for Richard Smallwood. What's going on there??

I have Mac eSellerate version of FM10. After installing patch 10.3 for eSellerate on my iMac24( OSX10.5.8, 4GB Ram, C2D 2.93Ghz), I can not enter the game ever. It always stops at a complete black screen. All I can do is power off iMac and reboot again.

Any suggestion SI?

Has there been a reply to this yet? Mine also freezes now when I try to start it up.

The bug where if you holiday and the assistant uses your tactics rather then his own even though the option isnt chosen is still there. I read a thread where someone from SI commented that they fixed it for the patch but I guess not?

Hi all,

Not made many posts lately but i have a question.

Ive just installed Patch 10.3 and was wondering, why, on Patch 10.2 there was Danny Mills (Chelsea youth/reserve defender) which is right, he plays as a Defender for Chelsea Youths/Reserves and is regarded as a good player who is destined to be a solid centre back when he's older.. and on 10.3 he\s been removed?

Why has Danny Mills been removed from Chelsea?

Any answers would be greatly appreciated

Thanks,

Jamie.

The Chelsea researcher will be able to answer you more conclusively, but I believe there was initally some confusion over his birthdate which led to him being included in 10.0/1/2, but it's since come to light that he was too young to be included, hence his removal from the game. Legally only first-year scholars in England can be included, and often it's hard to get proper info from clubs regarding dates of birth and who is/isn't a scholar.

Only just started a new game with the new patch and first impressions of the ME are excellent. Tracking of strikers is much better, goalkeepers are slightly less go-go-Gadget-armed (with the exception of Given... ;) ) and I saw something I dont remember seeing on any recent fm's; a genuinely quality performance from an individual, without being specifically related to goals or assists. Valencia just got a 9.0, having not scored and got one simple assist for one goal, simply because he played brilliantly, and this isnt something that was that common before.

Love the fact that goal keeper's now move and dive in penatly shoot outs. :)

Actually seen a goal keeper save a penatly without the ball being kicked straight at him,

looks much more realistic.:thup:

Also like the new cheeky commentary line:

' the goal keeper is complaining that the ball is not on its spot! '

' The referee ignores his protest '

:D

I've just started a new game as Watford. My main gripe is that Taylor's injury has been carried forward. I wouldn't mind, but we weren't paying his wages for the six months he was out, and we had the benefit of Scott Severin and Craig Cathcart. Surely the January update should either simulate what has happened over the course of the season (with the use of agreed future transfer dates), or it should update the squad "as is". I don't mind which, but in that example I'm on the raw end of a mish-mash between the two.

I know that's an overly specific example, but I'm just wondering if that was an oversight, or if it's standard to keep player injuries as they were? If it's the latter, this could do with a rethink for 2011.

great patch, it fixed most of the problems of 10.2 and makes FM an overall better experience. my thanks goes out to SI for putting so much effort into making a great game

my only complaint would be that pato appears to have been downgraded, which really ****es me off because i'm a die hard milan and pato fan, but i suppose i'll live :D

Is anyone else having trouble with strikers drifting far too much from their designated spaces? Mine, even with a "Very Rigid" formation setting, drift all the way to the wings or midfield randomly... While that seems ok, the problem is that they seem to do that more often than not when my team is counter attacking... Which, well, sucks.

Is this just with me or has anyone noticed similar behaviour?

Is anyone else having trouble with strikers drifting far too much from their designated spaces? Mine, even with a "Very Rigid" formation setting, drift all the way to the wings or midfield randomly... While that seems ok, the problem is that they seem to do that more often than not when my team is counter attacking... Which, well, sucks.

Is this just with me or has anyone noticed similar behaviour?

check there wide play and roaming settings

hmmmmmmmmmmm. not the greatest start - updated the patch, was very excited. was sitting second in the league with Arsenal, with the second best defense. played Sunderland who were on a massive losing streak and were in 16th place. we scored an early goal, then Song got a straight red and we got spanked 5-1. WTF?

An opposition 'keeper just saved a penalty low to left.

No, I'm not unhappy - I'm actually delighted!!!

It's great to see that fixed - the one-on-one bug seems partially cured, but it seems it's been fixed by having the strikers fairy tap it wide instead on occasion.

Overall, great patch. Shame it deleted all my transfer history on my save though :(

ok, seriously, WTF?

Before this patch I had the best attack (by 10 goals) and the second best defense, second season with Arsenal was second in the league and in the QTR finals of the Champions League. I've now played 2 games on this patch, and have first been spanked by Sunderland 5-1. Second game went into the second leg of the QTR final at home, having beaten OM away 3-0. They then proceed to spank me 4-1 and I'm now out of the Champs League. they have 8 shots at goal, I have 23 and we lose 4-1. :eek:

I am so angry, basically has just ruined my season. :mad: Sorry for the rant, but I just don't get it - everyone else has been saying its a great patch. And I'm not using a formation that cheats the ME that are around. I'm using a 4-3-3 and a 4-1-3-2. Any advise?

An opposition 'keeper just saved a penalty low to left.

No, I'm not unhappy - I'm actually delighted!!!

It's great to see that fixed - the one-on-one bug seems partially cured, but it seems it's been fixed by having the strikers fairy tap it wide instead on occasion.

Overall, great patch. Shame it deleted all my transfer history on my save though :(

Quick question mate - what kind of formation are you using on this new patch?

Quick question mate - what kind of formation are you using on this new patch?

A 4-2-3-1 with Inside Forwards in the AMR/AML slots - 10.2 was cruel on wide formations so I wanted to see if it was fixed.

It has been :)

On another note SI, urgent thing really - there's apparently a new corner exploit for 10.3 as discussed in the tactics forum.

Can you please confirm this will be hotfix'd ASAP?

Just tried a couple of months with my old save (10.2 db) on new patch. The ME is smoother and super keeper seems to be toned down.

On the down side, the transfer system still not up to the mark (I am not enjoying teams bidding just over actual value for my star players and teams asking 5-6x actual value of inferior players whom I scout as replacement).

Also noticed an oddity, the teams away attendance was being taken into account while calculating average attendance (I played with Liverpool and had Wigan at home for season opener and a crowd of around 35000 and I noticed in the news item (iirc) Wigan's Avg attendance was shown as the figure). Anyone else noticed this?

A 4-2-3-1 with Inside Forwards in the AMR/AML slots - 10.2 was cruel on wide formations so I wanted to see if it was fixed.

It has been :)

On another note SI, urgent thing really - there's apparently a new corner exploit for 10.3 as discussed in the tactics forum.

Can you please confirm this will be hotfix'd ASAP?

cheers - me thinks I have to go back to the drawing board for a new tactic:rolleyes:

Archived