FM10: Lacina Traoré

Mikal

Lacina Traoré - 10.2 Database

4tac0y.png

Starts off at CFR Cluj and I bought him for £1.2m, but could possibly get him cheaper (that was my first bid). Looks like he could turn into a great targetman with a bit of work, so i'm going to use him as one of my youth projects.

For those interested his CA and PA for 10.2 are;

CA- 125 and PA -9

Has anyone had any experience with this guy before?

Never heard of this guy before :eek: What am I playing at!

What an absolute monster, great find. :thup:

Definitely someone I will be looking at signing, especially with a price tag like that!

Ah, by the time the end of the season comes he is going to be too expensive for me :(

Was going to have a Feb 1st transfer raid, but his tag is already at £1.4m at start of January, no Traore for Pompey!

Yes, I think his CA and his PA reflect his real life performances. He came from nowhere in the romanian league and scored 5 fantastic goals this season for CFR Cluj and 2 of them were scorchers from distance. CFR Cluj are the winter league leaders in Romania mostly because of his candy eye performances.

I think his heading and technique should be higher though. He's the new Adebayor if you ask me.

Napoli, Udinese, Hamburg, Lazio and CSKA Moscow already made bids for him so he won't stay in Romania next year.

Watch here one of the goals scored this season:

Crackin' goal that!

genetik - he would be a great signing for Reading, see what price you can get him for. I'm sure his value at the start is between £1-1.2m and I just bid whatever his value was... So be interesting to see what price you can get him for.

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z41/Megafan05/Lacina.png

Thats him six months into his development, chucked him into some relativly unimportant games but check how he has performed!

He hasn't been improving for my tottenham side, he has played about 7(6) games for me and I stuck him on loan to Valencia to see if that would make any difference with their better training facilities. I had Crouch tutoring him aswell, why won't he improve?

He just needs more games mate. Playing him will be far more effective than hoping for general progression. Valencia probably didn't even play him so I doubt he gained much from going on loan there. Keep getting him tutored, play him in Carling Cup games and the first rounds of the FA Cup. Play him in less important Premiership games, or ones you expect to win easily, and bring him on for the final 10-20 minutes of matches if you are winning... Every bit of playing time helps.

I've switched saves now so I don't have this guy anymore, how is he looking for everyone else?

• 2 weeks later...

im thinking he starts to slow and have to sucky off the ball, he wont produce in one of the 3 big leagues, atleast not early on, tried him at an exprimental roma start up, but Okaka preformed much better

im not sure what kussel have feed him thought.......

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Lacina Traore

Ok guy, long time no post,

have any of you bought this guy? he is 18 or so, 6"8, 20 jumping, and solid stats all the way through.

I really rate him just bought him in 8 goals in 6 in the prem.

He plays for CFR CLUJ by the way

please post back, i would love to know how good he becomes

That was some banger...I might look at him for my Reading side pre season atm in 2009 so his price shouldn't be too high.

i had him for arsenal on 10.2 scored 40+ first season very good player does miss a fair few but does score alot 2 haha

• 2 weeks later...

Prolonged tutoring by Kikin Fonseca worked wonders:

traore.jpg

He's currently on loan at West Brom and will get them promoted pretty much singlehandedly. I'll probably leave him there for another season and then recall him to replace the aging Fonseca.

I've had him for 1 and a half years (with Everton) and he has been fairly useless. Perhaps I am using him wrong but he has been very goal shy, I play a front 2 and have a very sucessful team:

1st Season - APPS: 36(5), GLS: 10, ASS: 11, AR: 7.30

2nd Season - APPS: 15(8), GLS: 2, ASS: 3, AR: 6.91

I think I'm going to sell him at the end of the season to fund a big name stiker coming in. Is he worth keeping? Is he a slow starter?

Traore for me at Aberdeen (season 1)

He started slowly and had about 3 in 9 but has since really found his feet reaching 22 in 25. He plays as quite a deep lying target man(!) for me with a poacher either side.

(NB: To be fair I've been using Ultimo Domination v1.1 tactics in this save and Steve bloody Claridge would probably hit 22 in 25 playing this role)

Doesn't lose many headers for me and hits the occasional long-range thunderbolt. Reckon he's a potential legend for mid-Prem and lower but if you have title aspirations in a top league I don't think he's really ever gonna be good enough mentally.

Archived