dafuge's FM10 challenge

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nooooooooo Zoltan Harsanyi has just got injured for around 3 months. he will be missed.

20 games 17 goals 9 assists.

I now have the choice of Jordy Brouwer who came on for Zoltan and scored or with last years star McShea.

I stuck with last year star who did a decent job but can't compare to Zoltan who just came back and scored in his return and after thanked me for sticking by him during his long spell out and wants to repay my faith with more goals :thup:

G. Keenan's FC United- 2011/2012 Season Review- Blue Square North

Second season down and I completed both of my aims from last season. I was able to make significant improvements to three of my defensive positions and, perhaps as a result, I had a great year. We were a little inconsistent at first but had an incredibly strong mid season run which set up our challenge for the title. Things remained close all season, we qualified for the playoffs with 7 games remaining and after 41 games the top 4 teams were separated by 2 points and a goal difference spread of just 3. Results fell our way on the final day of the season and a 3-1 victory away to 10th place Hyde was enough to secure the title! Cup for was decent, we had a respectable run to the 1st round of the FA Cup and we also reached the 3rd round of the 'Trophy.

League Table

Graph

Squad

Transfers

Finances

Career Overview

Season      League                   Position    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11    Blue Square North          5th         None
2011/12    Blue Square North          1st         Promoted, BSN champions

All right, I guess I can accept that explanation. :p

Tooting and Mitcham - dafuge

Truro City - Hexhamlad

Carshalton - DanGLiverpool / Antfm08 / Jazzfusion / Welsh Wizard

FC United - dudge7 / Bartman / Rooney_08

Tonbridge Angels - Cardiovascular / kasharic

Boston United - WillCarruthers

Cambridge City - Cerneo

Sutton Utd - hrbfcrule

Bedford Town - craigjuk

Oxford City - Smithers

Kings Lynn - PVentress / Terra21

Merthyr - help!!!

Guiseley - foost

Canvey Island - Scooty_BAFC

Nuneaton - Shorty Boy

Boston United - Drewski

Dartford - Azeryk

Merthyr Tydfil - Hassebasse80

Guiseley - tomc990

Wealdstone - DC321

Marine - SuperRedditch, peter-evo

Bradford PA - Peljam

Dartford - Kazpeer

Kendal Town - Glennuk

AFC Hornchurch - alig4321 / turnitin

Farnborough - Martvb60, GreyedOutMan

Hendon - Spurs 1979

Nantwich - manulegend

Hednesford - NeoAC

There's the updated list then.

Is this the list of participants in this challenge? If it is i think i should be on the list, since i have been posting updates and screenies since the first day and i'm in my forth season with the super tonbridge ;) haha

Phew, 7h 13m later, I'm just beginning the first game of the season. Man finding players is hard as **** if you don't know what you're doing! I think I probably have the best first team in each position in the league. I just have no backups at all, which is bad :(

I'm tired of it now, and just want to start playing, so I'll just sign whoever my scouts recommend to me next.

PS: Playing with FC United. Any good right winger suggestions welcome. I've literally grown a lot older since I started searching for a RW player. Hopefully will get the season done today :D

A word of warning to managers of Super Kyle Wilson -

Before contract extension: 13 appearances, 7.51 average rating, 14 goals, 5 Man of the Match awards

After contract extension: 9 appearances, 6.76 average rating, 5 goals, 1 Man of the Match award

230 pounds a week must buy a lot of liquor and donuts...

BTW I still suck at this, seven games left in the '11/'12 season with Carshalton and we are in 7th, one place worse than last season, with a far better squad on paper. Bleh. Losing interest in this challenge in particular and FM10 in general.

Willing to make 2d (3d also if I can make them work...) kits for anyone who wants them, just pm the details, going to try and make a set for all the the teams this season over the next few weeks in my off time. But if anyone really wants one from the challenge just pm me and I can put it at the top of the list.

Getting a bit bored of writing updates and taking screenshots etc, have just got promoted to the EPL with Hendon but will just play the challenge with the same rules but manage it myself from now on. Happy to update if people don't care about screenshots, my scouts can be anywhere in the world now so no need for trials etc and seeing as I only have one non regen (Jamie O'Hara) in my side now it's not as if people will know who I'm talking about anyway.

Was given £29m and £270k wage budget for avoiding relegation in my first season so looks like plenty of cash to spend when clubs get into the EPL! Will continue to read though and see how people are doing :D

Getting a bit bored of writing updates and taking screenshots etc, have just got promoted to the EPL with Hendon but will just play the challenge with the same rules but manage it myself from now on. Happy to update if people don't care about screenshots, my scouts can be anywhere in the world now so no need for trials etc and seeing as I only have one non regen (Jamie O'Hara) in my side now it's not as if people will know who I'm talking about anyway.

Was given £29m and £270k wage budget for avoiding relegation in my first season so looks like plenty of cash to spend when clubs get into the EPL! Will continue to read though and see how people are doing :D

Congrats Spurs, I got busy and was unable to finish my season tonight, going to play out until march then heading to sleep, I am sitting in second right now 4 points clear of third but 6 back from first. I should have no issues going up.

Good luck staying up next season.

Also just been linked with the Man U job, who have been doing poorly this season.

Congrats mate! Hopefully I'll get there too. FC United vs Man Utd will be an interesting fixture :D

Meanwhile in the BSN, got off to a surprisingly good start for my first LLM game. 6 games played, I thought I'll have all sorts of gelling issues, but the team is playing well and we're in second.

Lost two games, which we atleast deserved to draw. On a related note, is anyone having 1 shot which hits the post every game? :x

Here's the screenie for team pos - http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/8212/fcunited1.jpg

Kyle Wilson is a legend (Y)

challenge website alternative update

Great news! I'm pretty confident that I've set up the Google form and my own Excel file nicely. The plan is for everyone to make their season updates through http://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dEd2NGxrZmlVMjAwSW9IUVdBcTJkQ2c6MA. This creates a database which I make use of so that I can create a ranking of each individual's season. The aim is to create a summary of every participant's challenge so far, and I will probably present the results as a Google spreadsheet. The format will be very similar to the website.

What you need to do

I hope you guys can help by starting with your season updates! Do it season by season and in a few days time, I will produce the first report. I'm trying to make the process as automated as possible using fancy Excel macros, but that would take some time. Meanwhile, you guys can really help by starting to use this form. This is certainly not as elegant a way as the website, but we don't have much choice now. So go on, update!

Note: to the following members, you will need to enter your data again. I didn't state clearly that I needed season-by-season updates and so caused the confusion. I've deleted what you've entered so you need to enter them again! Sorry for that!

Smithers
DanGLiverpool
Cerneo
Martvb60
Jazzfusion
Kazpeer

i got promoted last season into the BSP after my first season as Merthyr but i'm finding it impossible to sign anyone who is rated more 3 stars apart. the only exception to this was david prutton but it is easy to see why he was unemployed for a year, he either plays above 7 or below 5.

How are other people finding signing of players in the BSP

challenge website alternative update

Great news! I'm pretty confident that I've set up the Google form and my own Excel file nicely. The plan is for everyone to make their season updates through http://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dEd2NGxrZmlVMjAwSW9IUVdBcTJkQ2c6MA. This creates a database which I make use of so that I can create a ranking of each individual's season. The aim is to create a summary of every participant's challenge so far, and I will probably present the results as a Google spreadsheet. The format will be very similar to the website.

What you need to do

I hope you guys can help by starting with your season updates! Do it season by season and in a few days time, I will produce the first report. I'm trying to make the process as automated as possible using fancy Excel macros, but that would take some time. Meanwhile, you guys can really help by starting to use this form. This is certainly not as elegant a way as the website, but we don't have much choice now. So go on, update!

Note: to the following members, you will need to enter your data again. I didn't state clearly that I needed season-by-season updates and so caused the confusion. I've deleted what you've entered so you need to enter them again! Sorry for that!

Smithers
DanGLiverpool
Cerneo
Martvb60
Jazzfusion
Kazpeer

Managed to make a total mess of my first report, please delete? sorry

Is this the list of participants in this challenge? If it is i think i should be on the list, since i have been posting updates and screenies since the first day and i'm in my forth season with the super tonbridge ;) haha

The list isn't really maintained by any one individual. Just copy and paste and add yourself in. I hope I can add this functionality into the spredsheet though. Still haven't thought of an easy and elegant way to do it yet.

Note: Apoligies but I am getting quite tired of the screenshots so I will from now on not post screenshots on Squads and Players.

FC United - Coca-Cola League Two - Season 2012/2013

My first season in the football league, and boy was it a toughey, but we managed to do much better than I was expecting, with my players pulling out all the stops towards the end and sealing us a sneaky play-off spot finishing 6th place. In the playoffs, we managed to steal victory with an extra-time comeback to win 3-2 against Yeovil.

League Table

We had a fantastic run in the League Cup, reaching the Quarter-Finals before being thrashed 3-0 by Man Utd, but defeating the likes of Portsmouth felt good, and to do so with such style, was fantastic. We had a terrible FA Cup, losing in the First Round to Crystal Palace by 4-1, very bad day. We also reached the Paint Trophy Final but we were defeated 3-2 by Southend, which was quite gutting.

FA Cup

League Cup

Johnson's Paint Trophy

Our transfers were abit of a hit-and-miss tbh with much of our BSP squad remaining in the First Team tbh, the only real notable signings were Bruno Berner and Tony Kane in defence. Craig McShea still was our first-choice striker throughout League 2, which shows just how far he has progressed from the Blue Square North days. The team struggled much more though due to some poorer quality signings, which is obviously a slight concern.

Transfers

Aims for Next Season:

To survive and push for a mid-table position hopefully, but mainly just to stay in League One.

Season      League                   Position    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11    Blue Square North           1st         Promotion, BSN Champions
2011/12    Blue Square Premier         1st         Promoted
2012/13    Coca-Cola League 2          6th         Promoted, play-off winners

My policy of avoiding cup runs seems to be paying off again as we have made another late season push for promotion. After a good initial start and then a run of bad form (mostly due to Craig Rodger's injury) we have now found some solid form. And thanks to the top clubs dropping points I am currently 2nd after 29 games, and equal on points with top of the table Norwich. The reason for our success is clear when you notice that both our strikers have 20 goals each. Hopefully we can keep it up and be in contention for promotion, but our small squad may be an issue in the coming months.

Tonbridge Angels – 2013-2014 BSP

This was without doubt our best season yet. We walked the division this year, winning the league and gaining promotion with a good 6-7 games left. The defence was solid all season with Mitchell and Culshaw forming a good centre half partnership. Caldwell played the makelele role perfectly, miller and roman where the playmakers in the centre of the park and grant created plenty of chances from the wing, probally would have been player of the season if it weren’t for super Kyle! Kyle Wilson was a class apart this season, banging in 47 in 44, mainly down to how many chances where created for him through out the matches.

Key player: Kyle Wilson. Do I have to say anymore?

Key Transfers: Cassidy and Hughes sured up the back line, bialkowski was good in goal, the others where used in rotation roles.

Finances again looking better, maybe one day we will be out of debt, one day.

Next Season

I believe the squad is strong enough to stay up in league 2 next year, so will only look to bring in a couple of strengthening players, maybe 1 or 2 heading for the exit. Consolidation is what is require next season.

I'm sick of these crash dumps, so I have re-formatted my computer, so I'm going to have to start a new one again today, going to go with Dartford again, even though there isn't really any differences between the teams at this level that much, will post profile page up later after the gym and hopefully, the re-format will mean I will stop getting crash dumps all the time :)

I'm gonna do this challenge, but fm10 runs so slow on this laptop, So i'm planning on buying a new laptop in the coming weeks, I've finished uni and everything and the only game i play on the laptop is fm, So yes, I am going to buy a new laptop JUST for fm. Heh.

Midway through my first season with Farnborough, at the top of the league 5 points clear with a game in hand. Just got knocked out of the Fa Cup 3rd round by Plymouth, would have liked a better draw in that but you know :(.

Lost to Aldershot in the FA Trophy 1st Round as well, wasn't outplayed though so not disheartened. James Keatings is quality for BSS level, cheers whoever recommended him at the start!

Hi all,

Started this challenge few days ago and am new manager of Farnborough. http://img12.imageshack.us/i/dafugechallenge1stprofi.png/

First season, The team i built played above all expectations and won the league on last day of season with a draw, enough to secure a 1 point winning margin. :)

http://img14.imageshack.us/i/tableyr1.png/

I have included screenshots of my best players for the season.

Martin Riley http://img10.imageshack.us/i/rileyyr1.png/

Lee Matthews http://img11.imageshack.us/i/matthewsyr1.png/

Josh Webb http://img11.imageshack.us/i/webbyr1.png/

Stephen Laidler http://img11.imageshack.us/i/laidleryr1.png/

Jared Hodgkiss http://img11.imageshack.us/i/hodgkissyr1.png/

Matthews was my star all season but his attributes are falling like Newcastle now ;).

Aims for next season

Hopefully stay up and build a team capable of promotion push next year. Would be nice to turn professional too.

Both my strikers, Malcolm Christie and Matthew Tipton, scored in our first game in the BSN to give us a 2-0 win, onwards and upwards :)

Might be the first year when I have some strikers who can score - along with Craig McShea I've got a fairly decent set of players up front.

It is not a list of everyone taking part, it was just a list created by people adding themselves to try and create a list of all the teams that have been managed in the challenge so far. I've got no idea why there is more than one name next to some of the teams.

Archived