Postal Strikes, Orders Shipping, Steam, when will I get my game - OFFICIAL

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can just picture half the people in this thread with their doorbells wired up to megaphones throughout the house this morning.

I can also picture the other half in this thread that are just staring at the "Steam - My Games" tab and cursing the hell out of it to start.

Do yours both say despatch date as 30/10/09?

Yes mine does, but had a email from them earlier saying:

Our buyers have advised us that stock has been received at our warehouse yesterday and due for despatch today.

You will receive an email to let you know that this has been sent to you.

I just tried cancelling my Zavvi order, and it wouldn't let me do it. Checked my bank account, and my balance is £17ish down from what it should be, so something is going on. Should be here by Thursday or Friday anyways hopefully if it's sent today, happy days.

Where have you heard this-anyone else aware of this? Is it worth taking a 20min drive there?

Wouldn't waste your time mate.

I cant see anywhere selling before Friday.

Dont how it would even work, Sega would have to get word out to all retailers and then all said retailers would have to do what they had to do.

I made a deal with my brother, I'd get us Fifa10, he can get us FM2010. I pre ordered mine, got it on the Thursday. My brother has decided the best bet to get the game is to buy it in town on Friday. I just text him to call him some rather nasty names.

GAME, Gamestation, HMV all of these stores in Edinburgh are NOT selling today. I've just been into town and thought I would ask. Thats the ones on Princes Street, Princes Mall and St. James Centre. It was worth a try.

Were they taunting you by having all the store copies locked away in the glass cases they have behind the smarmy assistant??

GAME, Gamestation, HMV all of these stores in Edinburgh are NOT selling today. I've just been into town and thought I would ask. Thats the ones on Princes Street, Princes Mall and St. James Centre. It was worth a try.

Petrie :grrr:

Just received this email from Zavvi...

'One of our customer services advisors has reviewed your query and we are able to confirm the following:

I am sorry that you have not received your order.

Football Manager 2010 [PC] has been sent to you today.

Delivery usually takes 3-5 working days from our Warehouse in the Channel Islands via first class Royal Mail. Should your order not arrive to you within that time you need to allow 10 full working days for delivery before notifying us then we can track this with Royal Mail.

If you have not received your order by the 11th November 2009 then please contact us and we will be able to look into this further for you.'

Not too disimilar to what a lot of others have had.

Lucky all of you ....... seems like us British always come last ....... always follow damn rules

I picked up my copy during my lunchbreak.

They were filling the shelfs as I turned the corner of the PC games section :thup:

When I asked why they sold it 2 days early, the staff (all ladies :rolleyes:) didn't even realised there was such a thing as an "official release date".

'When games arrive, we put them in the store'

Maybe you British should be hiring more female staff in the PC departments of retail stores :)

My Zavvi order is still maintaining that it will be delivered on Friday. However, and slightly confusingly, I also pre-ordered Pro Evolution Soccer 2010 on same day from Zavvi and that is saying it will arrive on the 6th November, despite being released last week! Not sure why they can't deliver it at the same time but there you go.

Were they taunting you by having all the store copies locked away in the glass cases they have behind the smarmy assistant??

Actually I never even bothered to look, kind of glad I did or I would have had to rob the place!

Petrie :grrr:

:D

It's all his fault.

Got a text from a mate just now who said PC World at the Fort are selling..I can't be bothered wasting my time. Will just wait till Friday. :(

I picked up my copy during my lunchbreak.

They were filling the shelfs as I turned the corner of the PC games section :thup:

When I asked why they sold it 2 days early, the staff (all ladies :rolleyes:) didn't even realised there was such a thing as an "official release date".

'When games arrive, we put them in the store'

Maybe you British should be hiring more female staff in the PC departments of retail stores :)

Its all about rules here, it does my head in.

But SI/SEGA could have done what Microsoft did last week when Windows 7 was getting released and asked distributors to ship early so postal strike would not effect their customers ...... after all we buy the games and put money in their pockets. No such luck in this case though ....sadly

good on you guys for getting it early- I'm jealous!!! But goodluck to you guys- have fun!

Quote:

I think they should at least bring the digital download release forward 1 day, to 00.01 Thursday. That would be reasonable, considering the amount of people who seem to have the game already today.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fvanlaere

Not that I want to sound impatient or anything, but hearing that some people already got the game (for a low price) while I have paid in euros on Steam (for a considerable price) is a bit annoying. Hopefully they will release the game early on Steam.

I do agree with these guysl... I buy a lot of games from steam, not exculusively, but a fair amount- I know I generally pay more this way than buying from online for a hardcopy- but, that is for the convience of updates, post messing up, etc and also having the game available when the game is realsed- it is annoying that others can play the game now, despite paying more for it- I guess that's the way it goes...but it does seem unfair.

At least the correct unlock time is now showing on steam-

still a day or two is no big deal.. but, next year I won't bother with steam. I suspect there maybe others like me...it must annoy (using the polite version!) other retailers more than us gamers though...cause next year we know who to purchase the game from and who not to.

Actually I never even bothered to look, kind of glad I did or I would have had to rob the place!

:D

It's all his fault.

Got a text from a mate just now who said PC World at the Fort are selling..I can't be bothered wasting my time. Will just wait till Friday. :(

Where's the Fort? I can be bothered wasting my time :D

My play.com order status says "packing" , however it should come with personalised sleeve and I still haven't received the code needed to choose personalisation options! :(

So looks like either I'll have to wait a couple more days or get a non-personalised copy :|

My play.com order status says "packing" , however it should come with personalised sleeve and I still haven't received the code needed to choose personalisation options! :(

So looks like either I'll have to wait a couple more days or get a non-personalised copy :|

You'll get a non-personalised copy and a link to order a personalised sleeve for it. If memory serves, I didn't get the link last year until after the game was released.

Then again I didn't get the game from Play at all, it went missing somewhere along the line. At least they didn't mess me about with a refund.

If my game doesn't arrive today am I entitled to a refund of my next-day delivery fee from UKmail as they have sent me an email saying I would receive the game today?

You can just track it on their website, it can be anytime up until 6pm tonight. I got my copy about 30 mins ago.

Out of interest I guess if I chose to install the game and authenticate via steam I can't play until Friday?

Archived