Would it be good if you Scrap 3D for FM2010

Would you like to see FM scrap 3D?  

648 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see FM scrap 3D?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I like that idea Owls 9T2 mate.....Good way to keep both parties happy!

Are you even paying attention? You're not forced to use it, so what does it matter if it's in the game? Even if they made it available as a separate download, it would still be worked on as it would be if it was still integrated into the game.

the 3d will keep getting better, and we'll have to keep spending more dosh on graphics cards, memory and processors just to see it. Considering there are many better 3d graphic engines running on lower spec thats a shame.

Hopefully the specs will be improved next year. If I can run Empire:TW I should be able to run FM09 on high.

I think for fm10 it should come without the 3d so people with not a very big graphics system can play it or if people just dont like it, but for the people who want to play it on 3d (like me) there should be something you can download to get the 3d

not everyone has the internet :o

No, 3D has to stay, or else they will lose buys. If they are going to make a game by going backwards, then what's the point of buying it?

I wouldn't say going from 3D to 2D is a step backwards in gaming, just an alternative.

Imagine if Sonic went back to 2D rather than Sega trying to force 3D on the franchise? The sustainability of the series and number of sales would be a lot larger surely.

Well, if you think about it, as games evolve, you can't go backwards.

It would be like football going back to making balls out of pigs leather. Not very logical is it?

And like I said, going from 3D to 2D isn't a step backwards in gaming, just an alternative.

Along with my Sonic example, I'll cite Street Fighter as well. SF dabbled with 3D and it was poor, they had the sense to stick with 2D and they've seemingly made the best fighting game around. Again!

This is as daft as saying "should we make crysis simple to help older systems?"

SI shouldn't have to remove features to appease people who aren't up to date.

But FM is famous for being played on nearly any system. This year, alot of people are struggling on 2D Classic for god's sake.

But FM is famous for being played on nearly any system. This year, alot of people are struggling on 2D Classic for god's sake.

...and that is because they need a more up to date PC. That said, I can understand that not everyone can update every year. Either way, the game moves on. This particular version is likely the only major resource jump we see this decade owing to the new 3D. Hopefully this new tie with Intel will also aid SI in improving speed and coding over coming games.

*albeit I still wanna see Intel's results, as the marketing speel is all a little to familiar at present.

SI i'm all for 3D and my system i upgrade every year so i can handle any future releases although there will be people that can't afford to upgrade every year like kids for example. so couldn't there be like 2 versions of FM10 like premium for big systems and basic for small sysytems?

just a suggestion but i don't know much about your marketing so not sure if you could even do it - the basic could be slightly cheaper and the premium could be the same as it's always been but with the 3d

Definitley not, but they need to take into account that not everyone owns a super computer and FM09 is coded so badly that 2D Classic lags.

I can't comment on the workings of the 2d engine - if it does lag, then this indeed is an issue - but the point here is; FM hasn't done a crysis - they haven't produced a game that alienates the majority of the people in the computing world by needing a "super computer"- they've merely produced a game with a higher minimum spec.

The machine i'm using is very far from a super computer, yet it runs FM fine, i know of substantially worse machines that run FM09 fine, i think this issue is getting a little blown out of proportion.

Definitley not, but they need to take into account that not everyone owns a super computer and FM09 is coded so badly that 2D Classic lags.

On some peoples computers, and since every single PC is different it can hardly be blamed on SI.

Christ even my laptop runs 3D smoothly, so it's not the coding.

I can't comment on the workings of the 2d engine - if it does lag, then this indeed is an issue - but the point here is; FM hasn't done a crysis - they haven't produced a game that alienates the majority of the people in the computing world by needing a "super computer"- they've merely produced a game with a higher minimum spec.

The machine i'm using is very far from a super computer, yet it runs FM fine, i know of substantially worse machines that run FM09 fine, i think this issue is getting a little blown out of proportion.

It isn't as much to do with the system needed. It is just how high the requirements are when the graphics are no better than Total Annihilation (1996) which had 100's of units on screen at once. If we keep improving then the requirements are going to get higher for what seem to be mediocre graphics.

Now I appreciate that this is the first attempt but my ATI Radeon 3470, while only a budget card, should be able to run FM09 on high. SI really need to improve the workings of both the 2D view and 3D view before any improvements should be made.

It isn't as much to do with the system needed. It is just how high the requirements are when the graphics are no better than Total Annihilation (1996) which had 100's of units on screen at once. If we keep improving then the requirements are going to get higher for what seem to be mediocre graphics.

Now I appreciate that this is the first attempt but my ATI Radeon 3470, while only a budget card, should be able to run FM09 on high. SI really need to improve the workings of both the 2D view and 3D view before any improvements should be made.

Remember how slow CM4 was? Hopefully this is just another case of the game getting quicker as it moves on and the coding gets more advanced.

This is a first attempt by SI, i'm sure they're aware of the issues involved and if FM10 has higher minimum specs i'd be very surprised.

Remember how slow CM4 was? Hopefully this is just another case of the game getting quicker as it moves on and the coding gets more advanced.

This is a first attempt by SI, i'm sure they're aware of the issues involved and if FM10 has higher minimum specs i'd be very surprised.

My first FM was 2006 so I don't remember CM4. Hopefully you are right though and the coders can improve the matches so it goes at a respectful speed.

I would be extremely suprised if the specs are higher aswell, especially as no more leagues are to be added. Hopefully they manage to improve 3D but not make it more demanding.

KK..Thank you for comments...Just wondering how much are Graphics cards worth? (I live in ROI)

They are lots of them but can't figure out which one to get?

Try and find out what kind of slot your computer has. If its fairly modern then it will probably have a PCI-E card so get on of these cards. At the very least it should have an AGP slot. Go to start\control panel\Hardware & Sound\Device Manager then click on Graphics adapter and it should tell you what you currently have. Post back with this information and it might give us a better idea of what card to suggest.

Try and find out what kind of slot your computer has. If its fairly modern then it will probably have a PCI-E card so get on of these cards. At the very least it should have an AGP slot. Go to start\control panel\Hardware & Sound\Device Manager then click on Graphics adapter and it should tell you what you currently have. Post back with this information and it might give us a better idea of what card to suggest.

I can't see this on my laptop. Is that beacause I am on a laptop?

I can't believe how many clowns have voted to get rid of it, you still have a 2D option or even a commentary option.

My PC crashed, we should stop using them and all go back to Ataris.

My TV's colour has gone funny, should companies start making black and white TVs again?

My car won't start, maybe we should all go back to horse and cart travel.

This is the dumbest internet poll ever, we should probably stop using the net now.:rolleyes:

Removing 3D might make room for more on FM10 so I instantly made the shotgun decision of saying 'yes'.

But, as time goes by, 3D will get better and better to the point we'll all be having wet dreams about the stuff.

It's too late to change my answer. :(

Alot of people aren't really happy with FM09 and the main problem is 3D IMO...I can't play FM09 cause I can't buy a Graphics system (Too young) and I believe alot of people have gone off the game cause of it!....People can't play it and people still haven't got used to it!...I think even though people will call it a success that we should scrap 3D for FM2010 and go back to good old 2D!

Why do you want to go back??? IMO, the graphics is a big step forward for SI.

There are 2 performance issues with FM2009.

1) it takes a looooong time to process certain aspects of the game, this is something that I would personally like to see optimised far beyond what it currently is. I don't see any reason why anyone with a quad core with 4 gigs of ram shouldnt be able to run all competitions as playable with all players loaded at a smooth performance level and I believe that this is the benchmark that should be aimed for with FM2010 (I bet any SI employees reading this will be laughing, but it is a goal to aspire to nonetheless). The game is actually not far off this at the moment so I believe it is achievable.

2) I personally have no problems with the 3d graphics, however they are very basic and to be honest should be able to run on just about anything at the quality they are currently at. I don't expect fifa/pro evo graphics, I am actually happy with what is there right now, however in my opinion the graphics are so basic that they should be capable of running on lower end graphics cards.

Removing 3D might make room for more on FM10 so I instantly made the shotgun decision of saying 'yes'.

But, as time goes by, 3D will get better and better to the point we'll all be having wet dreams about the stuff.

It's too late to change my answer. :(

Do we really want more things on FM10 anyway?

Better if they concentrated on improving some of the things that don't work very well now (like press conferences and so on ) IMO.

Archived