9.3.0 Patch out end of the month - Podcast News - Miles

• Replies 823
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe people are getting impatient as it hasn't been a few weeks. Try a few months. The game at release was a complete joke. The 9.2.0 patch couldn't have been tested. Within two hours of playing I had produced a list of bugs. The ones that annoyed me most were the striker ratings in the release patch and the midfielder ratings in 9.2.0. How their 'testers' couldn't spot that is beyond me.

The last few editions have been a complete **** take. Yeah bugs will always be present in games we can all accept that be the sheer amount is just laughable. Its pretty much the same each year now, take our money November finish the game for February/March. If they can't get the game ready for deadlines don't release it. I certainly won't be buying a SI product from release anymore as I know I won't be getting the finished game for months.

I did't test fm09 lol so cant really judge as i did't think there was much wrong after 9.2 ive only recently become a tester

But 1 must understand its hard to get a perfect game least we get patches some games or most games dont.Yes i agree fm 09 was released in a poor condition but least si are at least trying to sort it.Lots of work go's into patches as fixing 1 problem can create another its nearly impossible to get complete right balance

Seriously? As a tester do you point these things out or not?

Sorry but I play in 3d so I cant say if the 2d is an improvement or not to be fair. If I find a bug I log it I provide evidence and I give steps to recreate it from the save game I have. The ball doesnt hit the net for me very often but thats because Ive got a BSN squad up to L2 and its showing quite badly :(

Im not allowed to go into anymore detail on the testing process because its against the law according to SI.

Hopey, your tone stinks. Like 'no i'm not moaning' said, it is just a little light-hearted banter, that is actually taking the sting out of having to wait for a patch for an abortion of a game. I suggest you consider your attitude. Thanks again 'no i'm not moaning'

lol against the law. wonderful.

You must have played 08 and seen the match engine in 2d from that? Basically it was a joke' date=' like that harry enfield sketch where all the players run after the ball. This is a slight improvement but stil terrible. Dont you think the match engine is very very slow?[/quote']

Wot are your pc specs mate as 3d runs a dream on my pc in high detail aswell:thup:

It appears there is a snowball effect on this forum where one person assumes because the patch has been out on a certain date on a previous version that it obviously means it will be out at that date again this year.

I wish people would stop assuming things and just leave them to it, the patch will be out when it's ready.

lol against the law. wonderful.

You must have played 08 and seen the match engine in 2d from that? Basically it was a joke' date=' like that harry enfield sketch where all the players run after the ball. This is a slight improvement but stil terrible. Dont you think the match engine is very very slow?[/quote']

I played 08 yes but the 3d engine runs fine on my machine. Issuses surrounding a slow running ME are more to do with system specs than the a bug IMO. The game has evolved over the years as have pc specs. Its an unfortunate byprodcut of games evolving that people need to replace there machines occasionaly.

My new laptop will probably need replacing in 3 years not because its old or damaged but simply because it will no longer be able to handle the software packages I need it to.

Wot are your pc specs mate as 3d runs a dream on my pc in high detail aswell:thup:

Specs are fine mate. PC is nearly new as i started my own business not long ago so had to get something good. The actual set up match/match runs perfectly fine. Its just the action is so slow compared to 07 and beyond - thats what i meant.

seriously, if you have 07 still installed run a match in 2d then go to 09 and run a 2d match, the speed of the action is seriously slower in 09. players dwell on the ball like they are wondering what the hell this mysterious round object is at their feet.

I played 08 yes but the 3d engine runs fine on my machine. Issuses surrounding a slow running ME are more to do with system specs than the a bug IMO. The game has evolved over the years as have pc specs. Its an unfortunate byprodcut of games evolving that people need to replace there machines occasionaly.

My new laptop will probably need replacing in 3 years not because its old or damaged but simply because it will no longer be able to handle the software packages I need it to.

Sorry huwfleet as i said above it is the action i feel is much much slower, see above lol

It appears there is a snowball effect on this forum where one person assumes because the patch has been out on a certain date on a previous version that it obviously means it will be out at that date again this year.

I wish people would stop assuming things and just leave them to it, the patch will be out when it's ready.

I don't think that will ever change, impatience’s is something that is everywhere in today’s society. We live in a world focused on getting something now; no one has any time, rush, rush, it seems. :(

I don't think that will ever change, impatience’s is something that is everywhere in today’s society. We live in a world focused on getting something now; no one has any time, rush, rush, it seems. :(

No I fear we are stuck with it, people dont understand the need to test extensively. I can only imagine the uproar if the patch was released and it wasnt finished.

Pretty much as bad as its going to be next week when then kids are on half term and wanting the patch yesterday :mad:

Specs are fine mate. PC is nearly new as i started my own business not long ago so had to get something good. The actual set up match/match runs perfectly fine. Its just the action is so slow compared to 07 and beyond - thats what i meant.

seriously' date=' if you have 07 still installed run a match in 2d then go to 09 and run a 2d match, the speed of the action is seriously slower in 09. players dwell on the ball like they are wondering what the hell this mysterious round object is at their feet.[/quote']

Well the match engine is allways been looked at so just got to hope the changes make people happy as some people may like the changes and some mite not.Like ive said its hard to get perfect balance :thup:

i un-installed fm07 last night ready for this new patch, might have to go a few weeks without fm (the missus will be delighted).

Unless i see fm10 at under £18 early like i did last year, i wont be buying fm10 until feb as for me knowing that the initial release is not the final version puts me off getting into it tbh

• SI Staff

The patch will not be out tonight or indeed this weekend. This is a friendly reminder to people to stop posting false information as it only serves to confuse people.

It was said in the podcast towards the end of the month and that is how it currently stands.

hope theres nowhere near as many injuries and oggies, weekly my man city team loses a player for a month and gifts the oppo a free goal!!!! sort it out in the new patch miles or im cumin for you!!!!

I am 14 years into a career game started on the release version and have had no problems with injuries, yes there have times where 6-7 players have been out crocked, but nothing out of the ordinary.

The patch will not be out tonight or indeed this weekend. This is a friendly reminder to people to stop posting false information as it only serves to confuse people.

It was said in the podcast towards the end of the month and that is how it currently stands.

Glad thats been cleared up again!

I am 14 years into a career game started on the release version and have had no problems with injuries, yes there have times where 6-7 players have been out crocked, but nothing out of the ordinary.

The injuries after the second patch has improved its just the game play that needs improvement!

What happened to Nomis? He's banned now!

Anyway, about the patch, I forget what happened last year, but will the MLS be updated?

I realise the new rules about rosters (e.g. only Dev players) WON'T be included, but will transfers?

If so, up to what date roughly?

I only ask because transfers are still happening. One of the players who joined Seattle has just moved again (Khano Smith NE Revs > Seattle > New York)

Ta

What happened to Nomis? He's banned now!

Anyway, about the patch, I forget what happened last night, but will the MLS be updated?

I realise the new rules about rosters (e.g. only Dev players) WON'T be included, but will transfers?

If so, up to what date roughly?

I only ask because transfers are still happening. One of the players who joined Seattle has just moved again (Khano Smith NE Revs > Seattle > New York)

Ta

Nomis wants a break from the forums so he requested a ban.

Archived