Football Manager 2024 Official Feedback Thread

3 hours ago, NineCloudNine said:

Hyperbole alert! :stop:

Literally the next game in the Champions League

image.png.67aaf587c05d1730cd04bb91e1422362.png

MY GK image.png.3affa70a67fc09b9de564f253f240a45.png  AI GK image.png.86728b135cf6886a97cbf30b24f59db8.png

But im willing to aknowledge it's a ME thing to make the game harder.

Has anyone had any succes with a 3 at the back formation ? I think all this happens because im using a 3-5-2 or 5-3-2 DM as the games calls it

It's like the players become brain dead in this formation. And im stubborn to make it work

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 26/01/2024 at 16:25, DavutOzkan said:

I find it unbelievable that there won't be another patch until late February at the earliest when scouting hasn't been working for months. I cannot deal with it anymore.

What has it been, one "major" patch since the game came out? I find that really unacceptable for a game of this stature on a yearly release cycle.  

I am taking a break from this game until the winter update. 

It's the most complete game ever, why would it need more than 1 patch??

3 hours ago, dunk105 said:

You should work out XG per shot, yours is 0.107 per shot which is a lot of poor quality chances. You should also do this for the opponent its likely they created better quality chances.

A high XG does not mean you should score over 3 goals.....but do wish SI would add a XG/s stat in the match statistics as it would lessen these misconceptions, although you can can track it in the xG graph.

And looking at sky sports stats we had 6 clear cut chances to their 2. In all my years as an ipswich fan this has never happened before and isn't likely to happen again. Happens at least 5 times a season on Fm

3 hours ago, Tahadegr said:

I have opened an important topic but I have not received a reply yet, I would like to ask for a review again.

This has been logged as an issue and should be addressed in the next patch.

Hi guys

Here is a question.

What's the difference between TI press much more often and OI ALL player Press always?

I means when I set TI like this

TI.png.45e894118bdadba09e8992668a0406d9.png

or I set OI like this

OI.png.a0a0a74266babb7d700763c9c51133fb.png

Will they do the same works and intensity?

Edited by Aoyao

In theory no. The TI depends on the press type (it will only be triggered when the line of engagement is reached). The OI press is triggered when the opposition player receives the ball irrespective of the position on the pitch.

Is the 4-4-2 bug still in the game, where the midfield will push up in an extremely unrealistic way, making the formation line up as a literal 4-0-6? It was prominent in the early days of FM24 and before starting a save where I plan to make massive use of 4-4-2 I'd love to know whether this bug is still present or not

Ignacio Ramírez currently on £825 per week at Liverpool FC (Uruguay). Nearing end of contract and can be signed on a free transfer. Agent claims he'd like to play for us as an important member of the team, and is looking between £11.75k and £14.75k per week, which is an insane leap from what he's currently on. Just to check anyway, he begins negotiations at £16.75k.

Really, really sick of this.

On 12/01/2024 at 05:26, Mst82 said:

Did you get a response to this from anyone?

No, but I don't really need to. I think you just need to use the time you get during the replay of the goal to adjust your mentality or something similar. Because it honestly feels like the AI get a 10% boost right after you scored.

35 minutes ago, KingCanary said:

Another example of a silly little thing that breaks immersion.

image.thumb.png.4e11dde62d55f51e2e8a4a00c33f71a0.png

Evan Ferguson has been the top scorer in my Norwich team that just won the title for the second time in three years. Everton are in the Championship. I know the news item says Ferguson isn't keen on the move but in what world would this link even exist? A Championship team trying to buy the top scorer of the Premier League champions?

I am sorry to say it out loud, but if this is the kind of thing that is breaking your immersion my feeling is that you are a bit exaggerating...

I mean, the news came out and the article stated that your player doesn't want to move, so first of all there is nothing strange in the real dynamic of the game. 
Second, Everton may have a greater reputation than Norwich (you are only a couple of seasons further, reputation cannot be changed drastically), so it is not an impossible comparison in terms of reputation etc...

It's not the most realistic news ever, sure, but in real life you hear a lot of extravagant news/connections between players and teams that I would not mind so much about this...that's why I have the feeling that those kinds of comments are a bit too much, especially when compared to the actual problems the game has

16 minutes ago, KingCanary said:

I'm in 2028, so entering my 6th season in the game. My team have won two Premier League titles in the last three years along with a Europa League, an FA Cup. We're going into our 3rd straight season of Champions League football.

Everton, in those 6 seasons, have spent four years in the Championship and this current season will be their 3rd in a row in the second tier.

We have a 4.5 star worldwide reputation, Everton have a 3 star reputation.

I'm not exaggerating that it breaks my immersion to have the press asking me questions about whether I'll be hanging on to my top scorer in the face of interest from a team in the second tier.

Imagine if, IRL, a journalist asked Spurs this summer how they feel about Southampton wanting to buy Harry Kane. It wouldn't happen and it's silly.

Ok. So, did you report it in the bug forum?

4 minutes ago, Costav said:

Ok. So, did you report it in the bug forum?

No because I don't think its a 'bug' per se.

I put it in the feedback thread because my feedback is this sort of thing needs to be tightened up.

5 minutes ago, KingCanary said:

No because I don't think its a 'bug' per se.

I put it in the feedback thread because my feedback is this sort of thing needs to be tightened up.

But a feedback is not something that can be analyzed objectively. It's just a feeling about what your perception is.
It's like people saying climate change is bull__sh(i)t, because there has always been cold and then warmer, and then colder etc. Then you look at the data and reality is different from perception...
Perception cannot, per se, be analyzed as an indicator. 

If you think this is a problem the game has I suggest you report it in the bug forum. Otherwise it's just an exercise of complaining.
And, again, I agree with you that this is something at least very strange...

Edited by Costav

At what point are we entitled for a save scum? I mean.. if this happens 3 times in a row in a matter of 7 days..  At what point should i have enough?

image.png.e91ebab472b21c670f5fd33663ad0aeb.pngimage.png.23d527e379635b8f35e83b14c6f986bf.pngimage.png.2fc9bcb9246c449fb390a07e8439ec6d.png

13 hours ago, tezcatlipoca665 said:

Ignacio Ramírez currently on £825 per week at Liverpool FC (Uruguay). Nearing end of contract and can be signed on a free transfer. Agent claims he'd like to play for us as an important member of the team, and is looking between £11.75k and £14.75k per week, which is an insane leap from what he's currently on. Just to check anyway, he begins negotiations at £16.75k.

Really, really sick of this.

Not sure which club you're playing as but it's not entirely unrealistic. You aren't paying a transfer fee, the player and agent want a big slice of the fee you've 'saved' relative to the players worth. You could gamble on approaching them once they are out of contract and you'll get reduced demands from them but other teams might jump in as well.

36 minutes ago, Brentford Alan said:

Not sure which club you're playing as but it's not entirely unrealistic. You aren't paying a transfer fee, the player and agent want a big slice of the fee you've 'saved' relative to the players worth. You could gamble on approaching them once they are out of contract and you'll get reduced demands from them but other teams might jump in as well.

I'm playing as Universitario in Peru. The problem for me is that the agents are always misleading during the opening interactions before the actual negotiations begin. I noted this earlier in the thread a few pages back, but the agents also sometimes start adding in bonuses that don't make any sense if you attempt to negotiate a lower wage to find a middle ground, and they'll still demand the same opening wage anyway - or keep increasing the wage, as I had in this case when a player in my team wanted a new contract.

On 18/01/2024 at 12:57, tezcatlipoca665 said:

Had a great interaction come from this. This guy is on £450 a week and is a Squad Player, and after discussing a potential contract with his agent, he wants between £1.5k and £1.8k per week. I think £1.5k is a hard limit at this level for somebody, so that's what I was aiming for (and we're over wage budget right now).

During contract negotiations:

-The Agent argues for £1.8k. I set it at £1.5k.
-He demands £1.8k again. I set it again at £1.5k.
-Agent tries for £2k. I set (and lock) for £1.5k.
-Agent argues for a £2.4k contract if the player reaches 30 games (wtf???) and a per-international appearance fee of about £500 (for an average 31 year old that hasn't been capped by Uruguay once in his life?). Removed and excluded the 30 game clause.
-Agent calls off the deal.

This player's contract runs out in about 40 days at this point, and his agent just talked his replaceable 31 year old client out of a guaranteed 2 year contract making £1.1k more per week than he is right now. Some of the players in the team got upset because I didn't give him the contract he wanted, so I cheated and removed squad unhappiness because of how nonsensical squad unhappiness and team revolts are in this game. He's been relegated to the reserves to avoid further player squad unhappiness and placed on Set For Release. The player himself is eager to stay at the club.

ngl, the two main things that'll grate on me and probably turn me back to FM23 is the general player interaction and how terrible the contract negotiations are in this. It isn't just specific to agents being bad at their job - players without agents are exactly the same way. Maybe I'm remembering things incorrectly, but I don't think FM23 was this bad with this stuff? Though one thing I noticed in FM23 in my Milan save was that youth academy players would argue for relatively high amounts of money (complete with the usual aggressive interactions) at 15 and 16 years old, and I'd just end up letting them go because they weren't going to amount to much anyway and I was like 'wow, f*** you' because of how the scripted interactions were written.

After few weeks of peace of my mind I decided to give the game another try. Fourth friendly match and look at the defensive positioning of my opposition. Of course I scored easy goal when the ball went to the far post to my two totally ignored players...

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/2326739910510230170/227B60454318C5F6659BF0D23A695AAC0790DF6C/?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=false

I also noticed that my players are unhappy with training, so I delegated training to assistant and kept the same training schedule. Somehow everybody are happy for some reason but everything is the same, schedule, intensity, individual training, everything...

• SI Staff
7 hours ago, KingCanary said:

Another example of a silly little thing that breaks immersion.

If you have a save file from before the news item appeared we can take a closer look.

The ‘take it or leave it’ attitude/approach of some agents is dumb, no doubt about it. Same for increasing the demands with each round of negotiation. Clubs do that with transfer fees too, though at least there it’s rare to get ‘this or talks are over’ ultimatums.

Edited by NineCloudNine

11 minutes ago, NineCloudNine said:

The ‘take it or leave it’ attitude/approach of some agents is dumb, no doubt about it. Same for increasing the demands with each round of negotiation. Clubs do that with transfer fees too, though at least there it’s rare to get ‘this or talks are over’ ultimatums.

What's weird to me is that the negotiating system that's in place for staff contracts is pretty good and straightforward. They open with what they want, and you can negotiate with them to lower their wage in most cases. Agents seem determined to talk their players out of higher wages and multiple years' worth of job security beyond their actual worth.

@KingCanary - I see a lot of posts from you here regarding bugs, but very little in the bug tracker. If you really want to see the issues fixed, please post in there.

3 hours ago, XaW said:

@KingCanary - I see a lot of posts from you here regarding bugs, but very little in the bug tracker. If you really want to see the issues fixed, please post in there.

Maybe I'm wrong but I don't see the things I'm flagging as bugs- the systems are working, I'm just feeding back that the results can seem off.

Also I just don't tend to keep multiple versions of the same save and frankly I shouldn't need to just in case for a game that came out months ago.

9 hours ago, KingCanary said:

Maybe I'm wrong but I don't see the things I'm flagging as bugs- the systems are working, I'm just feeding back that the results can seem off.

Also I just don't tend to keep multiple versions of the same save and frankly I shouldn't need to just in case for a game that came out months ago.

If you think it's wrong, like the things about xG, or the news article, then post it in there still. Because SI need example of it to see for themselves. It could be your setup works in a way where they can identify something that they haven't before. So please post in there, and you don't need multiple versions for most bugs, just the save showing it or a saved match.

1 hour ago, XaW said:

If you think it's wrong, like the things about xG, or the news article, then post it in there still. Because SI need example of it to see for themselves. It could be your setup works in a way where they can identify something that they haven't before. So please post in there, and you don't need multiple versions for most bugs, just the save showing it or a saved match.

While I see your point I'm not sure it is the best use of time if I'm clogging up bug forums with stuff I don't actually believe are bugs.

The xG thing for instance- I don't think it is a bug that needs fixing, I think it's largely a situation where morale is a bit overpowered and the game isn't great at providing useful feedback for the player. This isn't something I'd suggest meets the definition of a bug and I'd wager you don't actually think it is a bug either. 

9 minutes ago, RDF Tactics said:

But instead, the options I have aren't what I actually want to say. Even in situations where you literally can't afford what they're asking for, the player should recognise you aren't in a financial position to offer.  You don't have the option to say "I would love to give you a new contract but as you're aware, the clubs financial situation doesn't allow that right now but I promise your contract is a priority when the funds are available" or something along those lines. The player should recognise you aren't in a financial position to be offering contracts rather than be completely oblivious about it.

I have seen an option before where a players asks for a new contract and you can say 'even if I wanted to the club can't afford it right now' but that is pre opening talks.

37 minutes ago, KingCanary said:

While I see your point I'm not sure it is the best use of time if I'm clogging up bug forums with stuff I don't actually believe are bugs.

The xG thing for instance- I don't think it is a bug that needs fixing, I think it's largely a situation where morale is a bit overpowered and the game isn't great at providing useful feedback for the player. This isn't something I'd suggest meets the definition of a bug and I'd wager you don't actually think it is a bug either. 

Well, SI have said to post these things in the bug tracker before, as that's the place where they can actually check for potential bugs, so I still think that's the place for these kinds of things. Really don't think anyone would accuse you of clogging it up there. Currently you are closer to clogging up this thread that you will ever be posting there. :brock:

4 minutes ago, KingCanary said:

I have seen an option before where a players asks for a new contract and you can say 'even if I wanted to the club can't afford it right now' but that is pre opening talks.

Yeah, I'm more speaking when financial issues are actually the case, that your club can't offer out these contracts, the player should already have some understanding so there should/can be an option reminding the player that but also allowing you to set a promise once the funds are available.

And even then, It's a generic response that isn't necessarily linked to your situation. You are stuck in this sort of ultimatum where the player comes knocking on your door and you only have that chance to respond to his requests. The moment you say you can't afford to, and he doesn't accept that, the responses given to you again after that are less than ideal. Then you have no option to double down on your financial reasons "no, I said we can't afford to as this is our financial situation, but you are a priority when we can afford" - or set a deadline/promise. Or sometimes you're stuck in the limbo of waiting for a transfer out to be completed to free up funds to offer a contract - the talks are rigid. There's nothing like "come back in a fortnight after transfers are complete" or whatever your situation may be.

On 27/01/2024 at 16:34, NineCloudNine said:

You don't need to wait. You can add 'match load', 'fatigue', 'injury risk' and 'training load' to your squad screen and see for yourself who needs a break.

You can also set training intensity based on condition in Training->Rest.

I haven't had to rest a player in around 100 seasons of play since the start of FM23.

Sorry, meant in that if I have a star player I have to wait for the game to suggest a rest so that I can talk to the player to tell them I am resting them, as if I do it myself they tend to get unhappy and complain.

Just would be useful to choose when I speak to a player about resting them.

Saying that saw Bust the Nets training video and started using those routines and also the tip to rest the 11 that played next day and thats improved things, although really you'd think 2 recovery sessions should be as good as a rest day.

2 minutes ago, KingCanary said:

While I appreciate the finger guns, I think saying someone providing feedback in the feedback thread is 'clogging it up' is a bit rubbish. You're the mod though I guess...

I'm really trying to get across to you that if you would like to see what you have posted here changed, posting it in the bug tracker is the right move. You are not providing feedback, you are providing examples of potential bugs. Feedback would be like "I like this feature, but not this, it would be better if...". Saying "I think x is not working" is not feedback, that's a potential bug.

And I tried to tell you in a nice way, but if I have to be clear, I'll do so. Post bugs in the bug tracker, feedback here. If you are unsure about this in any way, please PM me and we can discuss further there rather than clog up this thread more that we already have. If you think I'm doing a bad job as a mod, feel free to use the "contact us" button at the bottom and let SI know.

Thanks.

Personally I'm not finding the game too easy at all.  I've only started back with the series since FM22, and so far have managed to keep Norwich in the Prem, and got Eastleigh their  highest ever league finish in the Vanarama.  Both being a real challenge for me.  I've now taken the Espanyol job after they got relegated.  Most of their best players have left due to relegation clauses, and the remaining players hate me!  LOL   My transfer budget is pretty low, and the Board expectations are an immediate return to Ligue 1.  So I'm not expecting this to be easy either.  I use my own tactics and formations, but I learn and take note from the more experienced Managers in this community.

First real transfer window in the game was a huge disappointment. All the players that I was after also had plenty of AI teams with serious interests but when placing a bid, the AI practically never competed and even when it did, the players always ended up choosing my club even against teams with with more lucrative European competition available. 

Basically kills the desire to play long term careers. 

Em 28/01/2024 em 10:35, The About Average Jake disse:

Penalty animations....

Discuss.

Its never simulation . Or error . Always a pen 

Edited by Ti Ago

56 minutes ago, Ti Ago said:

Its never simulation . Or error . Always a pen 

I see a ton of overturned pens. I'd say 70% of VAR checks are given, the rest come up as 'No Penalty', which is great and wasn't the case in the previous games. There's actually some suspense when waiting for the outcome. 

However, the offside VAR checks are still stupid. If the flag is up, the goal won't be given 100% of the time. 

9 minutes ago, makavali said:

I see a ton of overturned pens. I'd say 70% of VAR checks are given, the rest come up as 'No Penalty', which is great and wasn't the case in the previous games. There's actually some suspense when waiting for the outcome. 

However, the offside VAR checks are still stupid. If the flag is up, the goal won't be given 100% of the time. 

Yeah I've seen overturned pens but that's almost always because the foul was outside of the box. Extremely rare to see a pen given then not because no foul - in my experience, it's mostly because the foul was on the edge then they give a free kick.

And yeah you've noticed the linesman thing. The moment you see him flag, you know it's offside despite VAR checks, always offside. Similar with some skins, the scorer name is on the scoreboard and that's how you know its a goal - if the name doesn't appear on the scoresheet then offside lol so you know decisions before VAR concludes

On 19/01/2024 at 21:41, juju56721 said:

First time on here so please Bear with me. I've noticed that the days until a player is homegrown isn't showing anymore which makes it hard to plan for future registration purposes. Then I noticed the champions league registration has been removed and doesn't show until you have to register which can really ruin a save since you can't open your squad. I normally click on it and see how many spots I have left. I can't do that anymore. Because of that my squad became unbalanced and it's basically ruined my save. Team cohesion is in the mud and I'll have to start a new one now. I was supposed to challenge for the title this year but now I'll have to start over. Is this a glitch or something that was done purposely?

IMG-20240119-WA0018.jpg

IMG-20240119-WA0019.jpg

Is there a fix for this? Seems like the registration preview has been removed.