Football Manager 2024 Official Feedback Thread

11 minutos atrás, RDF Tactics disse:

Oh it’s very time consuming haha that’s why I also believe changing the way attributes are can lead to a similar thing. It might result in recruitment being a longer process for those who only have a couple of hours to play each day. 

it is hard to tell what the hidden attributes are actually doing and what effect they’re having. But too many times I’ve signed a player who had adaptability as a con but able to play out of their skin straight away. I hardly have to go through a process with a player where I’m trying to make them happy and comfortable in a new environment (that would also test my man management).

there’s for sure a lot of things FM can do. Previously I have requested or gave feedback on things but to be honest, that’s time consuming and there’s very very little chance it gets taken seriously anyway. It’s like my 3rd year talking about the chalkboard and how it searches but it’s still the same in FM24 lol so on that part of sending in requests etc, I’ve given up and would just rather talk about it with people like you and in streams etc 

Do you stream your saves (twitch, youtube..) ? If so, send me a private message with your channel and I'll check it out. I adore seeing the way other players play. Recently I've been following Rashidi and Old Man Phil lives, and I learn a lot from watching them play. 

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What skin are you using btw?

4 hours ago, RDF Tactics said:

Now, the issue with that is that is, it can create a cycle. For that, we have to buy the best scouts to get the best opinions. This ends up in us signing the same scouts each game lol so its a circle. We come back and say the game has become easy signing the best scouts etc. Those scouts find the best players or give us the best reports so we can still end up doing the same thing. Buy the best players because our good scouts know who they are. The issue with the AI not buying great scouts themselves.

I thought about that too. I think the easiest way to get around that is to create a tier for scouts like a local/junior scout senior/national scout regional scouting director and finally you get your chief scout. Based on your club you might only have so many positions.  Talented scouts will want to be promoted to higher level positions and will aggressively seek them out so you can't fill your whole team with 20/20 staff. And the number of 20/20 scouts would be relatively rare and only want to work at the top clubs after boosting their reputation.

Additionally a 20 in JPA or JPP should have a degree of potential inaccuracy baked in to their reports. Suppose we had a system like below (no math behind it just making something up for argument sake) where scouts abilities rolled for accuracy each time they performed a task. Accuracy would be either be +/- above actual. There should also probably be a boost in accuracy based on number of times scouted with diminishing results (kind of already in the game with knowledge level).

A scouting report is also only partially weighted to make up attributes shown. Reputation, form/stats, training (which we might not know if they aren't on our team creating a permanent blind spot) so a scout might have to "ask" around to find out how well they perform in sessions could all play a part in what you actually see in the player profile screen.

Another issue that could be sorted out is that when a coach says world class or elite or leading league player etc the attributes shown on the page should match that range. So if a player is deemed to be world class reputation they should have attributes that appear in the 170+ CA range (obviously their actual CA doesn't change) as a baseline. Its a little annoyance when you have the staff meetings and they say so and so is now considered an "x" level player but their attributes haven't changed at all. Its a big disconnect for me because its a meaningless comment. The player is the same as he was 2 months ago but now you're saying he's "better" but attributes don't reflect that.

Finally this would be a tickable option at game start so you'd choose to play this way. People who don't want to have this don't have to use it and can fly though seasons and not worry too much about scouting accuracy. This would be for the people who want more of a challenge in recruitment and want to use in game mechanism to stop the wonderkid hunting without making crazy house rules. I appreciate the people like you who do that and dedicate time to making filters and playing the game in what is potentially a more realistic fashion. For me its hard to draw a particular line on what is and what isn't "acceptable". My own house rules are only buy players that have been scouted. Even if I know Marcos Leonardo is a wonderkid if he doesn't show up in a scouting report naturally then I can't sign him. There's no searching for players at all.

image.png.c3ccf7cef7cb5e85ac570dcb476f59db.png

13 hours ago, wazzaflow10 said:

You do know that Neymar and Messi played  together only mildly successfully at Barcelona for 4 years with players like Suarez, Alexis Sanchez next to them. Probably has more to do with both being older, injured and PSG thinking they were the new Galacticos rather than PSG.

I'm not sure where the attributes don't matter came into play. Do we have any evidence for this?

And its well known that real players don't have bad personalities but that's mostly due to not wanting to get sued apparently. Could the game do with slightly more personality? Sure, absolutely but that's not really holding the game back that much.

Luis Suarez and Alexis Sanchez both kinda famously run a lot.  And in the final season in which they won the Champions League with the Messi/Neymar core, Pedro made 50 appearances, and Pedro's whole thing was that he did all of Messi's running.  Pedro left after the 2014-15 season, and Barcelona went out in the Champions League quarterfinals.  The Champions League has always been where weak links in pressing systems are exposed.

54 minutes ago, Sunstrikuuu said:

Luis Suarez and Alexis Sanchez both kinda famously run a lot.  And in the final season in which they won the Champions League with the Messi/Neymar core, Pedro made 50 appearances, and Pedro's whole thing was that he did all of Messi's running.  Pedro left after the 2014-15 season, and Barcelona went out in the Champions League quarterfinals.  The Champions League has always been where weak links in pressing systems are exposed.

That's all conjecture. There's no way you can possibly attribute Barcelona going out in the quarter finals to a single player. By that logic Chelsea should have won the Champions League in 15/16.

25 minutes ago, wazzaflow10 said:

That's all conjecture. There's no way you can possibly attribute Barcelona going out in the quarter finals to a single player. By that logic Chelsea should have won the Champions League in 15/16.

I'm not attributing it to the loss of one player, I'm attributing it to the loss of an archetype that Messi in particular has always had in his best sides, and that star forwards throughout the years have had: the pressing forward.  You see it up and down football and throughout the last fifty years.  Serginho did it in 1982 for Brazil and Eder and Socrates; Kieffer Moore did it for Gareth Bale in 2022.  Thierry Henry has given interviews recently about learning that he needed to do Messi's running when he came to Barcelona and how much of an adjustment that was, as at Arsenal he'd had Reyes, Hleb and especially Freddie Ljungberg doing his.  And if you want to look at Neymar, Messi and Mbappe specifically, look at the 2022 World Cup.  Giroud is slow but an immensely hard worker, while Alvarez and Di Maria covered Messi's lack of running.  Richarlison is a guaranteed started for Brazil because he runs his hole off

I don't think any of this is even particularly controversial.  Three stars who don't run is too many.  Two can be tolerated if the rest of the side works really hard and is well-organized.  Most teams are built around one who has some freedom. Harry Kane was often that player at Spurs; he sacrificed defensive effort for space to be dangerous in transition.  Rooney ran at United so Ronaldo didn't really have to.  

Cox: Messi scored a great goal but his indiscipline will cost PSG in big games

It would be unfair to suggest that the front three didn’t bother defending whatsoever. Mbappe tracked back at times, Neymar sometimes did his bit on the left and Messi… well, he laid down underneath the wall in stoppage time.

Oh, and there was one point in the second half where he crept up behind Joao Cancelo and pinched the ball from the Manchester City full-back.

But that was, if anything, proving the point. Cancelo had enjoyed time on the ball throughout the game because Messi entirely switched off without possession, that he was almost entitled to not bother checking his shoulder to see whether the Argentinian had bothered on this occasion. For once, he had.

But when passing moves broke down — and they did with alarming regularity — Messi literally walked back. There was no half-hearted jog over to the right flank to broadly keep the shape; he literally shut down and started walking, as if he’d clocked off and knew it was someone else’s shift.

Look at Messi’s reaction here when Mbappe loses the ball down the right. Messi is the closest PSG player to the action, able to counter-press and stop an immediate Manchester City attack. No chance. It’s just not his job. The action unfolds around him.

Mauricio Pochettino clearly knows this issue. That’s why Ander Herrera, an all-action runner, is deployed to the right of the midfield three to get across and cover behind Messi. Gini Wijnaldum, superior on the ball, was omitted. With this front three and the ultra-creative Verratti in front of the defence, Pochettino needs two energetic runners on the sides of the midfield. 

The Lionel Messi project has failed at PSG – and nobody really cares

At 35, he doesn’t have the capacity to offer his team anything without possession, which was always likely to be an issue when he was signed to play alongside Neymar and Kylian Mbappe. Neymar tends to offer defensive effort in the first 20 to 30 minutes of a big Champions League game before switching off, while Mbappe offers almost nothing without possession, but does justify his freedom with stunning attacking bursts.

The Messi vs Mbappe showdown in the final in Qatar will, at least, live long in the memory, but the key to that battle was the fact both were allowed completely free roles without possession. That only works with one player per team, not with two or three.

Unless you’re a PSG supporter — or, perhaps, a Messi one — this is a consistently rewarding storyline; a group of superstars falling flat because they aren’t a proper side, the equivalent of Galacticos-era Real Madrid. It would be entirely boring if PSG limited themselves to a couple of superstars, surrounded those two with technically proficient but hard-working players and became an intense pressing unit, a solid defensive side and swept up multiple European Cups.

Instead, PSG don’t actually have a very good squad. Their only other proper attacker is Hugo Ekitike, a 20-year-old who is on loan from Reims. It’s not like they are overloaded on attacking midfielders either. Julian Draxler, Angel Di Maria and Pablo Sarabia have been discarded, because almost the sole purpose of being a midfielder at PSG is to offer defensive qualities and lots of running, to compensate for the weaknesses of the front three.

Kylian Mbappé’s tantrums and feuds a fresh twist in tiresome PSG pantomime

But the biggest obstacle to implementing an integrated, hard-pressing style is PSG’s reliance on celebrity. Messi is 35 and no longer physically capable of chasing all game, even were he so inclined. Neymar is 30 and has rarely shown the application required to press consistently. Mbappé, meanwhile, has attempted just 58 pressures in the league this season, significantly fewer than Messi or Neymar; even allowing for the fact that wide forwards tend to press more than those in the middle, Mbappé himself is the greatest hindrance to the sort of football he supposedly favours.

Mbappé, in fairness, seems aware of that issue and has suggested three big stars in a team is too many, that it should be just him and one other. But even the idea of a star is contrary to a true hard-pressing style. Why have any stars, if by star you mean extreme talents granted special privileges? Why not have 11 players of varying levels of excellence who all work extremely hard for the team (as is the case with the best Pep Guardiola or Jürgen Klopp sides)?

PSG’s third league game of the season was a 5-2 win over Montpellier. Mbappé missed an early penalty and so, when PSG won a second, Neymar insisted on taking it: Mbappé fumed. He has achieved the extraordinary feat of making Neymar look like the mature one. In the same game, Vitinha led a break and when he opted for a simple pass to Messi rather than a difficult reverse ball to Mbappé, the Frenchman, rather than carrying on his run to support the attack, stopped, in effect sulking because he hadn’t been given the ball. Mbappé is 23 years old.

There have been rumours for months that a froideur had crept into Mbappé’s and Neymar’s Parisian romance. It now seems that Mbappé had wanted Neymar sold in the summer. He does not like playing as the central forward in a front three. He wants a robust central forward to occupy the defence, so he can drop off into space – as he does operating alongside Olivier Giroud for France.

Where this has FM relevance is that there are no non-pressing stars.  If you set your tactics up to press, your players will press, whether they're Totti or Suarez or whoever.  They will make an honest effort, and how much they do will be governed more by the position, role and tactical instructions they're given than by the Work Rate attribute (which isn't useless, but if you set up a side to press you're not going to see players walking back in transition even with a 1).  

1 hora atrás, Sunstrikuuu disse:

Where this has FM relevance is that there are no non-pressing stars.  If you set your tactics up to press, your players will press, whether they're Totti or Suarez or whoever.  They will make an honest effort, and how much they do will be governed more by the position, role and tactical instructions they're given than by the Work Rate attribute (which isn't useless, but if you set up a side to press you're not going to see players walking back in transition even with a 1).  

That's it. The Work Rate attribute has always seemed a bit controversial to me. When I play 442, I usually have my left AM playing as a LM, and wingers usually don't have great work rate. The thing is, when I watch the full match they constantly do the pressing and run back to retrieve the ball, even with low work rate. Does the attribute work properly ? I don't know...

1 hour ago, Sunstrikuuu said:

I'm not attributing it to the loss of one player, I'm attributing it to the loss of an archetype that Messi in particular has always had in his best sides, and that star forwards throughout the years have had: the pressing forward.  You see it up and down football and throughout the last fifty years.  Serginho did it in 1982 for Brazil and Eder and Socrates; Kieffer Moore did it for Gareth Bale in 2022.  Thierry Henry has given interviews recently about learning that he needed to do Messi's running when he came to Barcelona and how much of an adjustment that was, as at Arsenal he'd had Reyes, Hleb and especially Freddie Ljungberg doing his.  And if you want to look at Neymar, Messi and Mbappe specifically, look at the 2022 World Cup.  Giroud is slow but an immensely hard worker, while Alvarez and Di Maria covered Messi's lack of running.  Richarlison is a guaranteed started for Brazil because he runs his hole off

If that's what you meant before then I agree that you need willing runners. But what you said (and if english isn't your first languange then I really understand) is more akin to Barcelona lost because they lost a single player who ran. The real issue with PSG is that you had two aging stars who most likely went there for the money. Likely didn't care about winning at PSG as much as they did at Barca. Probably the most telling quote you posted was this one

2 hours ago, Sunstrikuuu said:

Instead, PSG don’t actually have a very good squad. Their only other proper attacker is Hugo Ekitike, a 20-year-old who is on loan from Reims. It’s not like they are overloaded on attacking midfielders either. Julian Draxler, Angel Di Maria and Pablo Sarabia have been discarded, because almost the sole purpose of being a midfielder at PSG is to offer defensive qualities and lots of running, to compensate for the weaknesses of the front three.

That's really it. PSG aren't/weren't good enough to beat the big teams in Europe consistently. They did almost win one year v Bayern in the final and I'm sure that would have changed the narrative slightly but overall the squad simply wasn't good enough. Getting Neymar Mbappe and Messi to work together would be much easier if the rest of the squad was good enough. We know this because they couldn't even win Ligue 1 at a cantor like Bayern does sometimes.

I think what you're seeing is more a failure of the animations than the ME itself. They probably haven't programmed a player to walk back like Messi when out of possession for a variety of reasons. Its more likely you see someone "press" but their pressing is never effective according to the ME. I don't think you could be successful and win matches consistently by pressing with players who have 1 work rate. Work rate isn't be all end all though. Aggression, bravery, determination, positioning also play a part of how effective a player presses.

It also goes down to your tactic and role as you mentioned. If you've got gegenpressing active with a high LOE etc then messi is going to press not be very effective at it. There are times in real life where he'll press but he's also probably told to save his energy for attack. If you play something less intensive like a mid block or turn the TI to press down and use PI's to adjust who is pressing you can probably achieve a non pressing messi tactic by using a Treq or Raum role on the wing.

If that's what you meant before then I agree that you need willing runners. But what you said (and if english isn't your first languange then I really understand) is more akin to Barcelona lost because they lost a single player who ran.

No, they lost because they unbalanced their squad.  By removing a dirty-work runner from the front line -- Pedro was second only to Rakitic in appearances, remember -- they needed to compensate by replacing Xavi with active runners in Aleix Vidal and Arda Turan.  They moved the defensive center of balance backwards, with only Suarez as an active presser in the forward line, and the creative balance forward.  Iniesta wasn't the most physically imposing player by then either.  

That's really it. PSG aren't/weren't good enough to beat the big teams in Europe consistently. They did almost win one year v Bayern in the final and I'm sure that would have changed the narrative slightly but overall the squad simply wasn't good enough. Getting Neymar Mbappe and Messi to work together would be much easier if the rest of the squad was good enough. We know this because they couldn't even win Ligue 1 at a cantor like Bayern does sometimes.

Their squadbuilding limitations were imposed on them by the attempt to fit three players into the front line who don't contribute off the ball.  They've been required to overload the rest of the team with runners to compensate.  PSG was most dangerous getting to play direct counter-attacking football, but against teams that pressed as an eleven-man unit, could choke Verratti, the sole ball progressor in midfield, out of the match and used the spaces behind the PSG forwards they really struggled.  Squadbuilding is holistic.  Nathan Ake isn't really significantly better or worse than Vitinha, but he fits into a side that fundamentally makes sense.  Vitinha was a player used in an attempt to cover up three stars with the same weaknesses.  Ake plays in a side with eleven players of varying quality levels who are 100% bought into the tactical plan.  Erling Haaland doesn't just press defenders, he scares the hell out of them.  

It also goes down to your tactic and role as you mentioned. If you've got gegenpressing active with a high LOE etc then messi is going to press not be very effective at it. There are times in real life where he'll press but he's also probably told to save his energy for attack. If you play something less intensive like a mid block or turn the TI to press down and use PI's to adjust who is pressing you can probably achieve a non pressing messi tactic by using a Treq or Raum role on the wing.

The question isn't whether you can achieve a non-pressing Messi.  You wouldn't want to, most of the time.  Pressing is good and generally you want more of it.  The question is whether Messi will press when he is instructed to do so.  IRL, he hasn't since he was in his mid-20s.  And that's okay, because he's one of the most gifted creative players in the history of the sport.  By his stint at PSG, he'd taken not-pressing to new heights.  And that's what you can't get in FM unless you deliberately set up that way.  If you play a player as a Pressing Forward in a system with Trigger Press More and a high LOE, they will press.  They may not be as effective, but they will basically stand in the same spots and do the same amount of chasing as any other player put in that spot and given those roles and instructions.  I don't think the 'it's animations' angle is persuasive, either; there are walking animations already.

1 minute ago, Sunstrikuuu said:

I don't think the 'it's animations' angle is persuasive, either; there are walking animations already.

Yes there are walking animations but they might not be triggered when a player decides they don't feel like pressing. The ME might show an animation that is just ineffective pressing or a player doing something like not staying with their mark. Its often not worth trying to code a single instance of a single player doing a single thing in a game like this.

17 minutes ago, Sunstrikuuu said:

The question isn't whether you can achieve a non-pressing Messi.  You wouldn't want to, most of the time.  Pressing is good and generally you want more of it.  The question is whether Messi will press when he is instructed to do so.  IRL, he hasn't since he was in his mid-20s.  And that's okay, because he's one of the most gifted creative players in the history of the sport.  By his stint at PSG, he'd taken not-pressing to new heights.  And that's what you can't get in FM unless you deliberately set up that way.  If you play a player as a Pressing Forward in a system with Trigger Press More and a high LOE, they will press.  They may not be as effective, but they will basically stand in the same spots and do the same amount of chasing as any other player put in that spot and given those roles and instructions. 

Isn't this kind of your role as manager though? If you were playing as PSG or Barca with Messi you'd set him up so that pressing isn't expected. That's kind of the point of the Treq/Raum role. Putting Messi in a pressing tactic with a pressing role would set you up for failure. And I disagree with the premise that you generally want more pressing. Its one philosophy on how to play, its a popular one but its not the only way. If you're counter attacking you might want to wait so there's more space in behind the defense. Or you might be trying to play more positional defense. France did this quite well in 2018 to create space for Mbappe to run into once they recovered the ball.

8 minutes ago, Sunstrikuuu said:

Their squadbuilding limitations were imposed on them by the attempt to fit three players into the front line who don't contribute off the ball.  They've been required to overload the rest of the team with runners to compensate.  PSG was most dangerous getting to play direct counter-attacking football, but against teams that pressed as an eleven-man unit, could choke Verratti, the sole ball progressor in midfield, out of the match and used the spaces behind the PSG forwards they really struggled. 

Its semantics at this point we're arguing they weren't good enough. If you put that front line on team with a competent midfield and defense its not an issue. You said it yourself the only technical midfielder they had was Veratti.

On 03/01/2024 at 19:00, Sunstrikuuu said:

Every central midfielder is going to play the diagonal through ball to the winger outside slightly behind so the winger has to check the run and circle back.

Never has a nail been hit so squarely on the head. This is most noticeable on counter attacks when the ball should be played where the runner is heading to rather than where they are at that moment. I'm utterly convinced that 'Pass into Space' does nothing as part of ME calculations. 

It's 2026 and I've easily qualified for the Champions League with RFS which consists of 80% terrible Latvian players. 

image.thumb.png.5eeb161dc6ddd30265cf0756ced9011d.png

I've spent ~2.2mil EUR in these 4 years. Most of these funds went on poaching young talent from my rivals. My best player is valued at 550k. My starting goalkeeper is a 19-year-old with 9 one on ones and 10 positioning. I've lost 5 league games in total during these 4 seasons while playing 17-year-olds. 

You can't convince me that the game is fine difficulty-wise. It's absolute shambles. 

On 04/01/2024 at 19:27, wazzaflow10 said:

You still do though. He's just replaced the numbers with a size of circle. Sure its obscured a bit more but fundamentally nothing has changed. It's like the older games when you just had text to describe a player. Excellent would be something between 16-18 rating (hypothetical I don't remember what the ranges were off the top of my head). The real challenge is when attributes change based on things other than player growth. People who are playing to just hoover up wonderkids and game the system are going to do it regardless. This would put them in peril of overvaluing the "newest" talent in favor or something established and wrecking their team.

It would really serve two purposes:

1) All the people complaining about dynamic PA would shut up because a player who went from league One to CL top scorer would look like a world class player to them despite having an actual CA/PA in the 120s.

2) You'd actually have to make a choice about do you sell a star player who's not performing because his form has declined a bit and his attributes suggest he's on the downside of his career?

Don't agree with the first bit. Irl you have a general idea of a players' skill besides mentals yeah. But with Mustermann a range of 5 numbers per attribute combined over all the attributes, or even just the "important ones", is still adding a significant level of variance to the game. Yeah you know your player has pace, but is he world class or is he just at 15? You don't know

That youth prospect winger who has good mentals but physicals between 6-10, is he at 10 and could in theory be molded into a great player, or are you wasting time? Etc. 

On the bit about more dynamic attributes needing to be a thing I agree.

Van Dijk and Allison wanting to double their salary to 500k a week. Both kicking up which means the whole club is upset. They have 4/5 years left on their deal and are already the top earners. This is so unrealistic and it is unplayable. Watch my results nosedive......

18 minutes ago, Rodrigogc said:

I've started 6 saves, in all of them I faced the same issues: 

- Too many goals coming from throw-ins and corners.

- Scouting not working properly.

- Dumb AI (Won australian league as Perth Norht, finished 7th Premier league as Fulham, easily winning against Dinamo Kiev as Dnipro...)

- Weird complaints from the players

These are basically  the main issues that have kept me from taking this FM24 serious. I started 6 saves because I couldn't find challenge in any of them, and I'm a busy person, not like I have many hours to play and test the game. 

I  can't even descibre what this version is like. What have I paid for ?

Can vouch for the weird complaints from player. They are too sensitive and doesn't make sense for me.

In the 2nd season Extensive highlights The match engine spends most time Waiting for the next Highlight to download
I rarely get to see  Most of the game or parts of the game This was not the case In my first season

I know game to game this may vary but a majority of the time all I see is Waiting for next highlight To download 

I would like to watch the game a bit more in  Extensive highlights 

The amount of issues with this game 

15 minutes ago, chris72 said:
In the 2nd season Extensive highlights The match engine spends most time Waiting for the next Highlight to download
I rarely get to see  Most of the game or parts of the game This was not the case In my first season

I know game to game this may vary but a majority of the time all I see is Waiting for next highlight To download 

I would like to watch the game a bit more in  Extensive highlights 

The amount of issues with this game 

That sounds like memory / ram .not the game

1 hour ago, Leon_fogo said:

The game has problems that are very evident here on the forum and Sigames (I hope) will fix this as soon as possible:

- Scouts don't work at all
- Japan licensing ruined
- Average goals of 3 per match
- The most technical players do not pass through the middle, the game is restricted and programmed to a few usual plays

It rains and doesn't appear, the beta that had a lot of fights for the ball now looks like a high-speed game.

I'm waiting for news, hot fix, this FM is still very good, but because of very poorly made patches they left us with more problems than solutions... We are fans, we pay a lot for the game and we are always helping with reports, forget FM 2025, we are starting 2024, the game is FM 2024... enough problems in something that is so good, who doesn't agree that FM 2024 is broken can only be crazy or a fanboy.

At the same time, the AI in the transfer market is great, the processing is perfect, the game is more difficult, we have more realism in several moments and the interaction is perfect!

I'm playing every day and following the forum here, we're fully capable of playing but it's far from being an 8 or 9 grade game.

Could you please elaborate on the game being more difficult? I'd like to hear what team/save/tactic you're currently doing that makes you think so. Just curious, as I struggle to play due to the amount of success I get. 

Accepted a bid for a player but then a transfer embargo was imposed because of a takeover. Player is now upset with me because I wouldn't let him join that club. There is no option in the conversation that even remotely recognises what the situation is. Player interactions on this version are an absolute joke

1 hour ago, Iakovenko said:

Accepted a bid for a player but then a transfer embargo was imposed because of a takeover. Player is now upset with me because I wouldn't let him join that club. There is no option in the conversation that even remotely recognises what the situation is. Player interactions on this version are an absolute joke

I had a similar issue when the club that was buying one of my players cancelled because they didn’t get a work permit so obviously this was my fault and player was not happy. Unfortunately there was no option to explain it wasn’t down to me. 

7 hours ago, makavali said:

It's 2026 and I've easily qualified for the Champions League with RFS which consists of 80% terrible Latvian players. 

image.thumb.png.5eeb161dc6ddd30265cf0756ced9011d.png

I've spent ~2.2mil EUR in these 4 years. Most of these funds went on poaching young talent from my rivals. My best player is valued at 550k. My starting goalkeeper is a 19-year-old with 9 one on ones and 10 positioning. I've lost 5 league games in total during these 4 seasons while playing 17-year-olds. 

You can't convince me that the game is fine difficulty-wise. It's absolute shambles. 

I know it’s a rough test, but I did something similar with the Latvian league when I tested the efficacy of gegenpress tactics vs others a while back. 

Selected Super Nova (a low ranked side) set a high pressing tactic, let in go on holiday indefinitely with instructions to play with that tactic. Came back, multiple league titles and UCL qualification- compared to non counter press strategy where that didn’t happen.

Bizarrely you don’t need to even play in some cases to achieve this. I realise there are limitations, but it’s certainly something wouldn’t have happened in versions I played 10 years ago. As a comparison I did the similar thing in FM16 which I had installed, and of course when I returned from holiday I’d been eventually sacked (as you’d might expect from leaving everything to your Assistant other than setting a tactic)

Edited by sthptngomad76

3 minutes ago, sthptngomad76 said:

I know it’s a rough test, but I did something similar with the Latvian league when I tested the efficacy of gegenpress tactics vs others a while back. 

Selected Super Nova, set a high pressing tactic, let in go on holiday indefinitely with instructions to play with that tactic. Came back, multiple league titles and UCL qualification- compared to non counter press strategy where that didn’t happen.

Bizarrely you don’t need to even play in some cases to achieve this. I realise there are limitations, but it’s certainly something wouldn’t have happened in versions I played 10 years ago. As a comparison I did the similar thing in FM16 which I had installed, and of course when I returned from holiday I’d been eventually sacked (as you’d might expect from leaving everything to your Assistant other than setting a tactic)

Yeah, I'm aware that the balance between teams in Latvia is not great, but my biggest issue is that I did an identical save last year and it was way, way more challenging. Also, I think there's a huge balance issue between lower European league teams, as some good clubs are woeful in the game. For example, Qarabag is a proper team irl that's currently playing in the Europa League, but they're absolutely useless in the game. The games between two random European champions are a coin-flip although there are basically no upsets in European qualification in reality. 

Last year, I had to splash all my money to convince somewhat decent foreign players to join so I could qualify for European group stages. Now, I can do it with 17-year-olds without breaking a sweat. 

Also, I'm not even pressing. My tactics are very simple, slow-tempo, and pragmatic. 

7 minutes ago, makavali said:

Yeah, I'm aware that the balance between teams in Latvia is not great, but my biggest issue is that I did an identical save last year and it was way, way more challenging. Also, I think there's a huge balance issue between lower European league teams, as some good clubs are woeful in the game. For example, Qarabag is a proper team irl that's currently playing in the Europa League, but they're absolutely useless in the game. The games between two random European champions are a coin-flip although there are basically no upsets in European qualification in reality. 

Last year, I had to splash all my money to convince somewhat decent foreign players to join so I could qualify for European group stages. Now, I can do it with 17-year-olds without breaking a sweat. 

Also, I'm not even pressing. My tactics are very simple, slow-tempo, and pragmatic. 

That’s even more concerning for this version you achieved it without a high press system to be honest.

Edited by sthptngomad76

11 hours ago, Wizard boy said:

One thing that needs removing is I would’ve preferred staying on the bench because no player is ever gonna say that. No idea why that’s even in. 

"Uninterested after team talk" my brother in christ you are the captain of a team that is playing in a champions league semifinal, get it together.

On 05/01/2024 at 16:31, wazzaflow10 said:

Isn't this kind of your role as manager though? If you were playing as PSG or Barca with Messi you'd set him up so that pressing isn't expected. That's kind of the point of the Treq/Raum role. Putting Messi in a pressing tactic with a pressing role would set you up for failure. And I disagree with the premise that you generally want more pressing. Its one philosophy on how to play, its a popular one but its not the only way. If you're counter attacking you might want to wait so there's more space in behind the defense. Or you might be trying to play more positional defense. France did this quite well in 2018 to create space for Mbappe to run into once they recovered the ball.

Its semantics at this point we're arguing they weren't good enough. If you put that front line on team with a competent midfield and defense its not an issue. You said it yourself the only technical midfielder they had was Veratti.

Again, what we're talking about is why star signings succeed in FM more reliably than they do in real life.  Yes, in real life if you had Lionel Messi you'd want to set your system up so he doesn't have to press.  You'd need to, because he doesn't press no matter what instructions you as the manager give him.  You'd do that by surrounding him with players who press for him, and as you noted France do this for Mbappe.  He gets a big physical target forward to take the duels with the centerbacks, and he gets to play in free space.  The lesson of PSG and Barcelona is that when you have too many of those stars your defense breaks.  And the whole point of this conversation is that that doesn't happen in FM.  You can have as many non-pressing stars as you want and they'll obey the instructions they are given in the tactics screen.  You actually can play Messi, Mbappe, Neymar and, I dunno, Ronaldo together, even though that would be suicide IRL.

And no, it's not semantics.  There are very few midfield players capable of the defensive workrate and quality required by a low-workrate front three plus the sort of technical level necessary to supply that forward group and control games at the sharp end of the Champions League.  They're not freely available resources.  PSG had a perfectly competent midfield within the constraints they imposed upon themselves, and that's the point!  Real-life squadbuilding involves tradeoffs and compromises that FM squadbuilding does not, making it easier to fit stars into existing structures without difficulty.  

does anyone still has issues with AI making more than half of the times less than 5 subs, sometimes just 2/3?

In my save this is particularly evident with U20/U18 teams, trainer basically uses always the same 11 players and uses max 2/3 sub per match (always in the last 5/10 minutes)

5 horas atrás, wazzaflow10 disse:

just had the pleasure of watching Raheem Sterling get caught by a player with pace of 10 while on a breakaway. dope. meanwhile some no name right winger is turning chillwell inside out every highlight. time to take a break from this game. catch you all in march after the last patch.

As fulham I saw Adama Traore getting caught by Joe ward in an open pitch counter attack, but decided to let it go due to his poor ball control and decision-making.

The most intereseting thing is that he run past defenders while attacking easily, surrounded by opponents. But having the whole pitch to run through, he gets caught by Ward who's got 10 pace. 

Trying to rationalize it, if attributes really matter, something like this might have happened during calculations:

Adama - 19 pace, 19 acceleration, 10 first touch, 6 decisions, 9 anticipation

Joe Ward - 9 pace, 9 acceleration, 15 anticipation, 13 decisions, 18 determination, 15 aggression, 16 bravery.

Taking into account that running with the ball is harder than without it, as seen by the video, Adama lost speed due to his first poor ball control, and after that, he ran towards the middle (poor decision), giving Ward (who was running straight) time to close in. Had Adama ran straight, no way Ward would've caught him. 

Anyway, the difference between them physically is absurd, and Adama got the ball already ahead of Ward.

Edited by Rodrigogc

12 hours ago, Sunstrikuuu said:

"Uninterested after team talk" my brother in christ you are the captain of a team that is playing in a champions league semifinal, get it together.

Or praising the performance of a player and it says they’ve switched off which apparently is reacting positively. 🤷‍♂️

5 hours ago, wazzaflow10 said:

just had the pleasure of watching Raheem Sterling get caught by a player with pace of 10 while on a breakaway. dope. meanwhile some no name right winger is turning chillwell inside out every highlight. time to take a break from this game. catch you all in march after the last patch.

Doesnt mean that a player will always run at that attribute . Not sure what Sterling is but if he was 18 then that doesnt mean he runs at 18 attribute pace the whole game

Am 5.1.2024 um 17:15 schrieb RiverReveal666:

100% this. If attributes don't matter then I don't see the point playing. 

Attributes DO matter but they are one detail in the formula for success and at times this means the better players do lose games in unexplainable ways that sometimes feel like FM mocks upon us players. ;)

PS: Started a new FM24 save to incorporate Daveincids latest FM24 realism patch.

Edited by Etebaer

What is the policy of follow-ups on repported bugs? Seems like repoorting bugs in not worth the effort, as there are no responses what so ever.

19 minutes ago, spkno said:

What is the policy of follow-ups on repported bugs? Seems like repoorting bugs in not worth the effort, as there are no responses what so ever.

Surely all bugs have bee reported by now which is why i cany understand the radio silence from SI....Gonna spark a new save of 24 with davids patch today and see ifi can play this game at all

27 minutes ago, spkno said:

They look at all the reports, log them, investigate them, if they're verified they'll work on fixing them. 

Sometimes they'll acknowledge what work is in progress like they did before earlier patch(es), but generally they don't have time for any back and forth in bug posts. 

Bug reports are crucial even if they're not replied to. 

1 hour ago, dannyo666 said:

Surely all bugs have bee reported by now which is why i cany understand the radio silence from SI....Gonna spark a new save of 24 with davids patch today and see ifi can play this game at all

Xmas and New Year might have a bit to do with it . They prioritise what's important and what can wait to be fixed . I can understand why they don't come on these forums though as some people think it's ok to abuse them for all the problems . 

3 hours ago, alian62 said:

Doesnt mean that a player will always run at that attribute . Not sure what Sterling is but if he was 18 then that doesnt mean he runs at 18 attribute pace the whole game

on a breakaway. no one near him.

4 hours ago, Rodrigogc said:

As fulham I saw Adama Traore getting caught by Joe ward in an open pitch counter attack, but decided to let it go due to his poor ball control and decision-making.

The most intereseting thing is that he run past defenders while attacking easily, surrounded by opponents. But having the whole pitch to run through, he gets caught by Ward who's got 10 pace. 

Trying to rationalize it, if attributes really matter, something like this might have happened during calculations:

Adama - 19 pace, 19 acceleration, 10 first touch, 6 decisions, 9 anticipation

Joe Ward - 9 pace, 9 acceleration, 15 anticipation, 13 decisions, 18 determination, 15 aggression, 16 bravery.

Taking into account that running with the ball is harder than without it, as seen by the video, Adama lost speed due to his first poor ball control, and after that, he ran towards the middle (poor decision), giving Ward (who was running straight) time to close in. Had Adama ran straight, no way Ward would've caught him. 

Anyway, the difference between them physically is absurd, and Adama got the ball already ahead of Ward.

Yeah this is a common corner kick outcome. Dribbling players weirdly just lose the ball sometimes. Completely uncontested.

Sterling was about 40 yards from goal and cleanly behind the defense for about 20 yards then as he got into the penalty area all of a sudden he gets caught by 1 then two others and the shot gets blocked. I'm not saying he should have scored b/c obviously he couldn't score on a 5 on 0 lol. This game was very much the typical sentiment of "game is scripted against me" of posts we get here. Think it was about 2-.5 xG and the score was 0-2 before they put in a third. I just turned it off an uninstalled afterwards. Been playing solidly since Beta. Just time for a break.

18 minutes ago, alian62 said:

Xmas and New Year might have a bit to do with it . They prioritise what's important and what can wait to be fixed . I can understand why they don't come on these forums though as some people think it's ok to abuse them for all the problems . 

100% agree with this,abuse should not be tolerated at all-Ever,...anyone who does this should be banned absolutely no questions-If it happened in the past these people should have been banned..Woulsd just be great to have a little dialogue-Ive seen it work elsewhere...maybe there will be if there is a January update

4 hours ago, whatsupdoc said:

They look at all the reports, log them, investigate them, if they're verified they'll work on fixing them. 

Sometimes they'll acknowledge what work is in progress like they did before earlier patch(es), but generally they don't have time for any back and forth in bug posts. 

Bug reports are crucial even if they're not replied to. 

I reported some issues so far, always trying include pkm and/or savegame.

But there is a limit to what I can do in my sparetime. I have been streaming and also did 2 little yt videos on bugs.

Some Issues though i cant deliver on demand, they do replicate but are inconsitant, can not be predicted with certainty, so streaming them seem to be the only solution to display them somehow.

There are also areas of the game Iam not interessted in even exploring, but everytime there is change and certain design decisions, which are bad do not get adressed in mention of unity, it makes me ask myself, if those decisions will be made again.

Conclusion: Not happy with the developer and the marketing, but def. not fed up.

hoping for a better 2026