The FM24 Youth Academy Challenge

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@libbyshuss - I think it was the official minor update from SI that changed the name to Haneda, as I was Honda FC in game and it changed to Haneda after the update!

@XaW - Congratulations. First in FM24 and first ever in Japan. Hoping to follow in your big footsteps soon enough. Although my youth intakes have been absolutely terrible.

2 hours ago, HanziZoloman said:

@officiallydeej congratulations to your promotion. Those were the days! Paul Moro looks amazing, never had one like him. His Tech skill and bravery are fantastic. 
btw how do you set your team up?

Annoyingly about 20 minutes after I posted my update last night both Moro and Panamarenko decided they were too good (probably rightly so) for the club and wanted to leave! I managed to agree I'd sell them if a certain fee was reached which I'm hoping is unrealistic for the type of League Two and other National League clubs that are interested and in doing so I don't seem to have affected their morale.

I'm not a master tactician by any stretch, but I set up in a 3-4-1-2 which stems from years of watching Chris Wilder's Sheffield United home and away as we went from the bottom of League One to 4th in the Premier League when football paused for the pandemic. I tinkered with the overlapping centre backs but couldn't get that working, but the overall idea is to create overloads down the left and right and getting crosses in to my star strikers. The other telling thing from the screenshot is that only 3 academy players are in my best starting 11, something I really need to change quite quickly!

Screenshot2023-11-15082257.png.2e7a049fc1853b7613eb93aa76352902.png

vor 30 Minuten schrieb officiallydeej:

Annoyingly about 20 minutes after I posted my update last night both Moro and Panamarenko decided they were too good (probably rightly so) for the club and wanted to leave! I managed to agree I'd sell them if a certain fee was reached which I'm hoping is unrealistic for the type of League Two and other National League clubs that are interested and in doing so I don't seem to have affected their morale.

I'm not a master tactician by any stretch, but I set up in a 3-4-1-2 which stems from years of watching Chris Wilder's Sheffield United home and away as we went from the bottom of League One to 4th in the Premier League when football paused for the pandemic. I tinkered with the overlapping centre backs but couldn't get that working, but the overall idea is to create overloads down the left and right and getting crosses in to my star strikers. The other telling thing from the screenshot is that only 3 academy players are in my best starting 11, something I really need to change quite quickly!

Screenshot2023-11-15082257.png.2e7a049fc1853b7613eb93aa76352902.png

In the last EFL1 season I gave up my 4231 really quickly as we were thrashed. Now I am also with a 343 so it’s great to see your version. Thank you! 
you have three BPD, are all three fit to play that? Seems so with your success. Do you also play unfitting players in that role?

18 hours ago, HanziZoloman said:

Bildschirmfoto2023-10-02um11_28_50.png.8e3192f9735f4790bc0a959016ae99d9.png

"I'm still here ..." Earl of Grey

The year 2053 - Age Earl of Grey 71

Guess they found no replacement. It's a flashback from the first 20 years, a horrible season with a lot of defeats, with penalties against us in every single game. The board put some extra challenges like improving the dressing room atmosphere and the Earl just focused on that. Losing or winning didn't matter anymore. He talked to his players every single game. He praised for goals, he criticized for playing badly, he praised conduct, hold team meetings and the team met every week for breakfast and stuff (team bonding). It worked as he won a new contract. The Earl will go down to EFL2 and build new. A lot of players have to leave us, due to lacking quality like Millie Potter (good bye ol' chap) or James Beckett our spirited captain. Some because of relegation release clauses, some due to greed. The club is now big red, the adventure has cost some money but also full of eager youngsters. The U18s won the double. 

Player of the year: Chris Griffith "If everything around you is dark, look again, you may be the light." He scored some winners and equalizers, he was always positive and reliable. The 25 yo even managed to grind out some points in attributes. He is now the successor of Mr Ricay of guys like Rhys Platt, Inih Sole, Tyrone Roberts and our lazy jumper the icon John Flannery. Earl of Grey on the other hand became a club legend and rightly so.

"The King is dead. Long live the king!"

Hide contents

Bildschirmfoto2023-11-14um21_11_43.thumb.png.50b42eead23334118d58b36be16a1854.png

The highs and lows! Billericay are really on a journey, at least you kept your job to keep things going!

Sociedad Deportiva Leioa

2SfDHMx.png

2027/2028 Youth Intake Preview / Mid Season Update

E4WzIdv.jpg

Holy damn we are doing so much better than we expected- This year we got assigned to a different group and we are doing phenomenal!

ca3P2a2.jpg

I will take an high quality CM, then we can adapt Jaume as a CDM (I use CDM as a DLP)

7 hours ago, HanziZoloman said:

In the last EFL1 season I gave up my 4231 really quickly as we were thrashed. Now I am also with a 343 so it’s great to see your version. Thank you! 
you have three BPD, are all three fit to play that? Seems so with your success. Do you also play unfitting players in that role?

I would say only one is fit to play that role, he was initially a centre midfielder that I retrained to fill the gap as he's a big, brave lad who can also play a bit.

The honest reason I play BPDs is that they just seem to perform better on FM's match engine. The BPD role by design makes centre backs play more direct passes which my tactic relies on, so in a sense 'ball playing defender' is a bit misleading as it feels as though they should play short intricate patterns like Man City but often gets them looking for a longer pass.

5 minutes ago, officiallydeej said:

I would say only one is fit to play that role, he was initially a centre midfielder that I retrained to fill the gap as he's a big, brave lad who can also play a bit.

The honest reason I play BPDs is that they just seem to perform better on FM's match engine. The BPD role by design makes centre backs play more direct passes which my tactic relies on, so in a sense 'ball playing defender' is a bit misleading as it feels as though they should play short intricate patterns like Man City but often gets them looking for a longer pass.

Agreed, I think the default takes more risks doesn't help, as they end up just hoofing it into no man's lands.

Bit off topic, but as a Villa fan I have been trying to get a DM to slot in on the R or L of a 3 in build up (like Kamara) but half back always seems to split the back 2. If anyone knows how to do this then please let me know.

27 minutes ago, The_Gato_In_Goal said:

image.png.1566a5edec66233d9dba609d9bd80846.png

Did I sign a 19 year old recently released from Lowestoft to become my assistant coach, yes. Did I unsuccessfully try to get him to be my HOYD, also yes.

It seems you can't select a non Hoyd anymore as a responsible for your youth development (intakes) ? only Hoyd or Assistent manager. I tried to select a coach but not possible this time.

So i wanted him as a hoyd (with a coach contract) - resolute - high det and my formation.

cea719ce9fe48a277534d06e246cd014.png

But it will be him:

f7ce20472ca4e1388625c0f7bc791958.png

Hi all, I know the question was asked a few pages ago about editing a team's reputation in order to get them promoted but I wondered if it would be ok to instead lower the reputation of a few teams so that the target team has a better chance of promotion.  I have currently been reloading for around 35 hours in Italy to get Victor San Marino promoted but because of their particular Serie D group (Group D) containing a number of higher reputation teams than most of the other groups it seems impossible to get them up. 

So far I have seen 118 different sides be promoted out of the 166 possible and the breakdown of each group is as follows:

Group A - 15/20

Group B - 16/20

Group C - 16/18

Group D - 8/18 - group with Victor San Marino

Group E - 14/18

Group F - 17/18

Group G - 12/18

Group H - 13/18

Group I - 7/19

As you can see Group D and Group I are the ones with least variation, mainly because Group I has the by far the best reputation team in Serie D in LFA Reggio Calabria and Group D has 4 of the top 7 best reputation sides at the level.

All this is to ask whether it would be acceptable just to tweak a few teams in Group D down in reputation slightly just to give me a chance of getting Victor San Marino promoted.

Here begins my first African FM24 adventure, from Zimbabwe, a country with little football history but with a great passion for this sport. The chosen club is the Aces Youth Soccer Academy, better known as AYSA, recently promoted (in the game) to the third division and which is considered the best academy in the country and has produced a large number of national team players. The FM has this set up correctly, giving AYSA the best youth infrastructure stats in the country, although they remain mediocre overall.

Club Profile:

UL1URbQ.png

Manager Profile:

FXbJ6dV.png

vor einer Stunde schrieb JAwtunes:

Agreed, I think the default takes more risks doesn't help, as they end up just hoofing it into no man's lands.

Bit off topic, but as a Villa fan I have been trying to get a DM to slot in on the R or L of a 3 in build up (like Kamara) but half back always seems to split the back 2. If anyone knows how to do this then please let me know.

Ask the CB to sit narrow and the DM to stay wide? Or something which involves the FB? 

1 hour ago, Flashman\'s School Days said:

Hi all, I know the question was asked a few pages ago about editing a team's reputation in order to get them promoted but I wondered if it would be ok to instead lower the reputation of a few teams so that the target team has a better chance of promotion.  I have currently been reloading for around 35 hours in Italy to get Victor San Marino promoted but because of their particular Serie D group (Group D) containing a number of higher reputation teams than most of the other groups it seems impossible to get them up. 

So far I have seen 118 different sides be promoted out of the 166 possible and the breakdown of each group is as follows:

Group A - 15/20

Group B - 16/20

Group C - 16/18

Group E - 14/18

Group F - 17/18

Group G - 12/18

Group H - 13/18

Group I - 7/19

As you can see Group D and Group I are the ones with least variation, mainly because Group I has the by far the best reputation team in Serie D in LFA Reggio Calabria and Group D has 4 of the top 7 best reputation sides at the level.

All this is to ask whether it would be acceptable just to tweak a few teams in Group D down in reputation slightly just to give me a chance of getting Victor San Marino promoted.

No mate, that's not allowed. Part of the challenge is the small chance to get a very small reputation club promoted. Or the failure of it. So it's not allowed to tweak reputations.

23 minutes ago, Winski said:

No mate, that's not allowed. Part of the challenge is the small chance to get a very small reputation club promoted. Or the failure of it. So it's not allowed to tweak reputations.

Even if the only tweaks are ones to about 4 or 5 unplayable teams and not to the team I want to manage, and those teams will still have higher rep than the one I want along with about 120 other teams at that level? I would argue I am not making anything easier for myself and all it does is slightly increase the chance for promotion of a few sides in a group where only one team gets promoted from anyway

12 minutes ago, Flashman\'s School Days said:

Even if the only tweaks are ones to about 4 or 5 unplayable teams and not to the team I want to manage, and those teams will still have higher rep than the one I want along with about 120 other teams at that level? I would argue I am not making anything easier for myself and all it does is slightly increase the chance for promotion of a few sides in a group where only one team gets promoted from anyway

No, because it' still 'cheating'.
I know how you feel though, because I experienced the same many times. I often had a specific team in mind(Rushden&Diamonds in England for example), but it just never popped up. And that one time it does, it just feel as if you have won the lottery. But it is not allowed to tweak reputations or other stuff, just to get a specific team.

3 minutes ago, Winski said:

No, because it' still 'cheating'.
I know how you feel though, because I experienced the same many times. I often had a specific team in mind(Rushden&Diamonds in England for example), but it just never popped up. And that one time it does, it just feel as if you have won the lottery. But it is not allowed to tweak reputations or other stuff, just to get a specific team.

Ok, fair enough. Thanks for taking the time to reply

27 minutes ago, Flashman\'s School Days said:

Ok, fair enough. Thanks for taking the time to reply

Are you simming the first season only? I know some other players had success getting different teams by simming a second season, might be worth a try if you really want that team

2 minutes ago, Neo_Geo said:

Are you simming the first season only? I know some other players had success getting different teams by simming a second season, might be worth a try if you really want that team

I have tried that too, but the chances get even worse because you have higher rep sides that were relegated from the first season and also former giants coming up from the league below Serie D

3 minutes ago, Flashman\'s School Days said:

I have tried that too, but the chances get even worse because you have higher rep sides that were relegated from the first season and also former giants coming up from the league below Serie D

Ah ok, maybe a few of us could sim for you and then if they come up send you the save…..I’ve never targeted a specific team for this challenge but I always feel,bad for those that can’t get that team they really want.

3 hours ago, Flashman\'s School Days said:

Group A - 15/20

Group B - 16/20

Group C - 16/18

Group E - 14/18

Group F - 17/18

Group G - 12/18

Group H - 13/18

Group I - 7/19

Have you tried adding the lower division as a playable league?  I was in the same position with the team I wanted in Denmark, so I opened the fifth tier and eventually they were promoted.

9 minutes ago, Flashman\'s School Days said:

Would they then not be classed as "previously unplayable team"?

You could make the lower league non-playable if you want, similar to vanilla France, Norway and Romania.  I think its still in the spirit of this save style, as the team you're trying to get is non-playable in the vanilla db and you're only having to do this as they're arguably a more difficult challenge, hence the struggle to get them promoted.

21 minutes ago, JAwtunes said:

You could make the lower league non-playable if you want, similar to vanilla France, Norway and Romania.  I think its still in the spirit of this save style, as the team you're trying to get is non-playable in the vanilla db and you're only having to do this as they're arguably a more difficult challenge, hence the struggle to get them promoted.

I would be really happy to do that if there is a consensus here that it is an acceptable thing to do

44 minutes ago, JAwtunes said:

Might be a bit dense here if I'm missing something, but how will this help get them promoted? :confused:

Only way I can see it helping is save scumming every one of their games so that they win the league.....which I would have thought isn't in the spirit of the save 

It might be to do with my facilities/staff but:

Is anyone else seeing no development in their players technical attributes? And even in some cases pure reduction?

Like, their mentals grow a lot and their physicals, but their technicals just aren't growing.

1 minute ago, SuperRedditch said:

It might be to do with my facilities/staff but:

Is anyone else seeing no development in their players technical attributes? And even in some cases pure reduction?

Like, their mentals grow a lot and their physicals, but their technicals just aren't growing.

I am seeing slight improvements for a couple of players (heading, marking, passing, dribbling, finishing). I think the biggest improvement was 2 but generally its just 1 at the moment.

9 minutes ago, bpecanha said:

Hello! I want to play in Romania, but there are three leagues: Liga I, Liga II and Liga III. However, only Liga I and Liga II are available to play, even if I load Liga III. What should I do?

Load up Liga I and Liga II as your playable leagues, sim a year and reload as required to get a team promoted that you like the look of. The fact Liga III isn't playable makes no difference to the rules if you have it selected as viewable only or not (though you will be able to see who is going to be promoted before the new season start date)

26 minutes ago, Neo_Geo said:

Might be a bit dense here if I'm missing something, but how will this help get them promoted? :confused:

Only way I can see it helping is save scumming every one of their games so that they win the league.....which I would have thought isn't in the spirit of the save 

The problem is that inactive leagues don't simulate games properly and rely very heavily on reputation and a bit of rng when selecting teams for promotion. If you were to play in Norway, where the lowest division is non playable, the matches are simulated so there is a chance of promotion for even the lowest rep teams, but yeah, still could take ages to see the team you want get out of the league... And you'd be left with a weak team that would probably head straight back down :)

7 minutes ago, JAwtunes said:

The problem is that inactive leagues don't simulate games properly and rely very heavily on reputation and a bit of rng when selecting teams for promotion. If you were to play in Norway, where the lowest division is non playable, the matches are simulated so there is a chance of promotion for even the lowest rep teams, but yeah, still could take ages to see the team you want get out of the league... And you'd be left with a weak team that would probably head straight back down :)

I'd suggest it would take longer because you'd have additional games to sim to get through the normal league.

It's just highly unlikely that you can get the really small reputation teams into the playable leagues via any legitimate method.