Transferring FM23 Save to FM24

Weston

3 minutes ago, Fmfan00 said:

Does the 23 save work in beta 24.. was debating creating a database in 2023 and taking the save to beta 24?

Yes.  I've ported over a complex db managing 2 lower league teams in different nations and using the Legends of the Beautiful Game database. It took a few goes to get it working, but it's going perfectly.

4 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

Yes.  I've ported over a complex db managing 2 lower league teams in different nations and using the Legends of the Beautiful Game database. It took a few goes to get it working, but it's going perfectly.

What were the issues you ran into? For me loading up a save with 23.1 files didn't work, so I am looking at 23.4 only right now.

3 minutes ago, Wolf_pd said:

What were the issues you ran into? For me loading up a save with 23.1 files didn't work, so I am looking at 23.4 only right now.

I could open the game but not save it. Happened a few times the first evening. Tried again yesterday morning and it was fine.

One issue is that in at least 1 instance league rules are buggy (U21/U18 in England not allowing any foreign players unless registered for 1st team). Has been reported and acknowledged already but thought it'd be useful info with how many people will look to import saves playing in England.
Have tabled continuing my Forrest save for this reason (my team wouldn't actually be affected much but i assume it would be a detriment for AI clubs) but other than that didn't notive any issues when test-running it for a couple months.

Edited by Marinho

I've carried across my FM23 save with Maidstone. First match with new ME and old tactics went exactly as planned, a solid 2-0 win to take us 2nd in the National South but with the added bonus of a 3D ME that looked beaut!

Edited by bruntonpasty

If you have made a custom nation there is an issue when using a FM23 save in FM24 .

For example if you have used CIS or Ireland Pre1922 or over wittten any other nation it transfers fine but won't show your new Nations name in FM24 . 

So if you are playing internationals or just watching your created nation it will show the original name.  

Just to add in my experience here. I transferred my fm23 save this afternoon which was in February 2024. I have holidayed indefinitely, it's taking ages due to the detailed level I have but it is in November 2024 and still going. I have about 200 edited files which has added multiple leagues and changed multiple competitions. So far so good. 

Edited by \'Appy \'Ammer

19 hours ago, Scotty Walds said:

Which is why Fmfan00 needs to log it themselves...

no Scotty... basically what was happening is i was starting a save in fm23 and then automatically saving it and then loading it into FM24.. It's a league thing between the database in fm23 and fm24... Something to do with a specific customer database file and i didnt go through all 250 of my customer tournaments and files to see what customer database from fm23 kept breaking.

On 24/10/2023 at 00:12, alian62 said:

If you have made a custom nation there is an issue when using a FM23 save in FM24 .

For example if you have used CIS or Ireland Pre1922 or over wittten any other nation it transfers fine but won't show your new Nations name in FM24 . 

So if you are playing internationals or just watching your created nation it will show the original name.  

Ah yeah, I noticed it resets all nation names. I personally change U.A.E. to UAE (I hate the dots!) etc. and those changes were undone too. I'd assume you can "fix" it via an lnc file to change the name though. I've only ever tried changing stadium names that way myself, but with the exception of ones with licence issues it works fine, I doubt CIS or Ireland pre-1922 are licenced, so it should be possible.

Transferred my FM23 save to FM24 - only 2 1/2 seasons in and I can say that everything is fine.  Training schedules I had don't work but that is expected due to the new training in FM24 and has already been mentioned elsewhere on here.

All tactics working as previous and looks superb in the new engine.

My new laptop arrived this morning so will be starting an FM24 save, but def going to keep going on the 23 one too.

Great feature that works as intended. 

6 hours ago, \'Appy \'Ammer said:

I am using edited files ( @Daveincid's realism files), that amongst other things alter transfer preferences of clubs (eg more activity from Saudi Arabia). In transferring over a save file to fm24 will these files negate the transfer activity of Saudi Arabia that SI have introduced into the new game? 

Screenshot_20231029_200619_Chrome.jpg

You have to ask Dave in his thread in the Editors' Hideaway

14 hours ago, whiteeagle81 said:

What is with the new Club World Cup System and the new World Cup Format 2026, will they be added through the Import too ? 

No. It doesn't seem to override any competitions, so you'll still have the same format you had in your save before.

I noticed something when I imported my FM23 game. There was no coaches in the game with set piece coaching 15 or more.
There was one coach with 14, 5 coaches with 13, 10 coaches with 12. I guess it generates a number when you import and it generates low.

On 23/10/2023 at 14:48, \'Appy \'Ammer said:

Just to add in my experience here. I transferred my fm23 save this afternoon which was in February 2024. I have holidayed indefinitely, it's taking ages due to the detailed level I have but it is in November 2024 and still going. I have about 200 edited files which has added multiple leagues and changed multiple competitions. So far so good. 

Glad to hear, that's what I was curious about. I have multiple edited nation files, plus the Daveincid realism files, so I was wondering how that type of transfer would work.