[FM23] Random and Small Skinning Questions

TCSSkin

1 hour ago, Dotsworthy said:

Trying to incorporate stars instead of attributes and running into this issue on the advice screen, not sure how to resize these labels so the text will render properly

image.png.d29ef18e92a71de0dbf9af6562e31cd8.png

Pretty sure this is a game wide issue. Check with the default skin. I vaguely remember the first column headings for meeting widgets don't appear.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it possible to have information merged in a panel? (Home screen)

So say I could take information from promises, happiness and Issues and show injuries together?  Same with training performance rather than splitting the good and bad into 2 sperate boxes make them show as a list of say top 5 and bottom 5?and show injuries together with the training tab

Trying to make more use of the home landing screen in general by merging some stuff together 

Example.png

Edited by JustHowie
added screenshot

On 08/12/2022 at 16:31, Mikal said:

Sorry if asked, but is there a way to see changes without reloading the skin each time? I know nothing of skinning but I'd like to have a little play around but having to reload the skin every time you make a change (to see if it's worked) seems arduous. 

On 08/12/2022 at 16:39, Tyburn said:

Pretty much, no. You generally need to reload to see changes. 

It’s really not that big a deal. What i’d recommended though, if dealing with anything ungraphic related whilst skinning, is to temporarily move your graphics folder (SI/fm23/graphics) out of the fm23 folder, if, like me, it is HUGE in size.

Makes a big difference to reload times.

You only need to reload if you point to a file not already loaded by the skin.  Or if you change anything outside the panels folder of the skin, like graphics.  You can mess around with most panels and they'll update real time if you leave the screen and go back

On 08/12/2022 at 18:20, Olas Nick said:

small but annoying graphics issues in light skin:
2063392245_2022-12-0719_36_55-Window.png.c3b4d81cda7c18fa7f7720c16e781c9e.png

357813005_2022-12-0719_41_28-Window.png.4276ff3c0105264679dc0ab39fada831.png

1223473907_2022-12-0719_38_00-Window.png.9b3f8284975b5fa80606b79723112c57.png

460361052_2022-12-0722_48_36-Window.png.67bac307a8054990b9c52c3eb9b9c8aa.png

picture 1 and picture 2 - I want the icon to be white
i tried colour=, icon_colour=, primary_icon_colour=, secondary_icon_colour=, red/blue/green_replacement no success

picture 3 - I want to change the background to a more contrasting one, I suspect it's something from settings.xml, but I can't find it

picture 4 - I want to change the label of the youth and reserve team to white. does not work.

picture 3 is result_time_background in the settings file

I've just transferred my panels folder from FM22 to 23 and most stuff works fine, except for where the player faxes show up at the bottom of the match screen. The faces are there, but their names and shirt numbers aren't showing up. Any idea why or how to fix it? Was never a problem on FM21 or 22.

Edited by Lord Duffucus

4 hours ago, EnigMattic1 said:

What controls the colour of the quick flick and up/down buttons on the titlebar?

For me Panels/generic/titlebar.xml

<widget class="quick_flick_button" id="flkr" auto_size="all" appearance="icons/16px/down" cached="true" step="1" red_replacement="fg" >
                                <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="left,top" inset="26,12,0,0" />

<attachment class="get_global_attachment" get_property="stNQ" set_property="click_event" />
                            </widget>
                        </container>

Hope this helps 

7 minutes ago, EnigMattic1 said:

Not having it on mine. They are black. No matter what I put in for red replacement, they don't change.

could it be attached to anything in the settings xml? managed to recolour most of my panels etc by taking <colour name"" value="white"/> Most of my stuff I wanted changing white only thing I got stuck with was the buttons in the tactics screen

41 minutes ago, EnigMattic1 said:

Not having it on mine. They are black. No matter what I put in for red replacement, they don't change.

Yeah works for me to

<!-- QUICK FLICKS -->
<container width="20">
    <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="vertical" inset="0" />

<record id="default_properties" auto_size="all" icon_enabled="true" cached="true" red_replacement="secondary" />

<widget class="quick_flick_button" id="flkl" appearance="icons/16px/up" step="-1"  >
        <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="left,top" inset="8,0,0,0" />
        <attachment class="get_global_attachment" get_property="stPQ" set_property="click_event" />
    </widget>

<widget class="quick_flick_button" id="flkr" appearance="icons/16px/down" step="1">
        <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="left,top" inset="26,0,0,0" />
        <attachment class="get_global_attachment" get_property="stNQ" set_property="click_event" />
    </widget>
</container>

10 minutes ago, bluestillidie00 said:

Yeah works for me to

<!-- QUICK FLICKS -->
<container width="20">
    <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="vertical" inset="0" />

<record id="default_properties" auto_size="all" icon_enabled="true" cached="true" red_replacement="secondary" />

<widget class="quick_flick_button" id="flkl" appearance="icons/16px/up" step="-1"  >
        <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="left,top" inset="8,0,0,0" />
        <attachment class="get_global_attachment" get_property="stPQ" set_property="click_event" />
    </widget>

<widget class="quick_flick_button" id="flkr" appearance="icons/16px/down" step="1">
        <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="left,top" inset="26,0,0,0" />
    </widget>
</container>

Where would you put the 'red_replacement' part for the forward/back icons or doesn't it matter? Because I can't change the colour for them now.

Edited by EnigMattic1

I'm not a coder, so I was very pleased to see an article explaining how to lose the numerical attributes for players and staff. The article is for FM22 - it says to just go to 'skin colours' in Preferences and change a number under 'A' from 255 to 0. I just did that in FM23 and nothing happens. I closed the game and reloaded it and still no change. Am I missing something?

Thanks

35 minutes ago, EnigMattic1 said:

Where would you put the 'red_replacement' part for the forward/back icons or doesn't it matter? Because I can't change the colour for them now.

I just used a default properties file, but it goes on the actual quick flick. Send me your titlebar file and i'll have a look tomorrow

I have a question probably quite simple but I'm just starting in this, if I modify existing skins like OPZ, Heffem, among others... the changes are made in real time, but in the skin I'm creating I have to reload the appearance for the changes to take effect which slows down my development, how do I solve this? I've seen a thread created some time ago where they had the same problem, I've tried but it doesn't work. Thanks

settings folder

<record>
  <!-- preload the stuff in this folder -->
  <boolean id="preload" value="true"/>
  <!-- cache the xml files in this folder -->
  <boolean id="cache" value="true"/>   
  <!-- don't recurse the sub folders, as they are loaded separately in the settings manager -->
  <boolean id="dont_recurse" value="true"/>
</record>

properties folder

<record>
	<!-- resource manager options -->

</record>

Edited by Pierluigi Collina

9 hours ago, Pierluigi Collina said:

I have a question probably quite simple but I'm just starting in this, if I modify existing skins like OPZ, Heffem, among others... the changes are made in real time, but in the skin I'm creating I have to reload the appearance for the changes to take effect which slows down my development, how do I solve this? I've seen a thread created some time ago where they had the same problem, I've tried but it doesn't work. Thanks

settings folder

<record>
  <!-- preload the stuff in this folder -->
  <!-- cache the xml files in this folder -->
  <!-- don't recurse the sub folders, as they are loaded separately in the settings manager -->
  <boolean id="dont_recurse" value="true"/>
</record>

properties folder

<record>
	<!-- resource manager options -->

</record>

take the panels/config.xml file from opz or tcs and paste it in your own folder, then reload the skin. Both boolean folders need to be false. 

hi guys I uesd the thung skin V2.8. With this skin I can see the contract details very easily.

But I dont know how to fix the little bug, I want to see the full date, the contract started time. 

Anybody can help me?

111.png

13 hours ago, Olas Nick said:

has anyone tried to make a transfer history panel like in fm22?  with a graph instead of a pie chart

9 hours ago, snowofman said:

Would it be possible to bring back the decimal in the player development - progress  - attribute ?

or any anyone done it and would like to share

thanks

I want to do both of these so will have a look over the weekend!

I have two quick questions to ask..

1. I currently use attributes in boxes - can I make the squad screen look similar?

ff40c117ab596a3fbaca4b9fefda7b7d.png

2. Can this, in the Player Search box, be amended to a box where I type in the value rather than select it? So hard to get 500 mins, for example...

b9c29e4efbf8b26a692d52a7eced9a25.png

1 hour ago, _Ben_ said:

I have two quick questions to ask..

1. I currently use attributes in boxes - can I make the squad screen look similar?

ff40c117ab596a3fbaca4b9fefda7b7d.png

2. Can this, in the Player Search box, be amended to a box where I type in the value rather than select it? So hard to get 500 mins, for example...

b9c29e4efbf8b26a692d52a7eced9a25.png

Not sure about the second one, but the first one should be possible.

You will have to edit the appearance of all attributes in person properties.xml I would say - just try to use the same appearance="profile/paper" - try to edit one and restart the game to check if it will change.

3 hours ago, keysi said:

Not sure about the second one, but the first one should be possible.

You will have to edit the appearance of all attributes in person properties.xml I would say - just try to use the same appearance="profile/paper" - try to edit one and restart the game to check if it will change.

Hadn’t thought of that. I guess that the easiest approach would be looking at another that uses a background - like the green of ‘Overall Happiness’  in that person properties.xml and attempting to replicate it. Will be a long job but matches how the attributes look elsewhere in my skin. 

2 hours ago, mastelli said:

hi guys,

do you know how to expand the box in the tactics screen? I don't want the space left and right

Immagine.jpg.9d49ba704642b6f6a76294f2bc851d55.jpg

thanks!

the spaces left and right comes from the way the tactic is shown / tilted

try and change the perspective line to 

<real id="pitch_perspective" value="0.00000" />

7 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

I want to do both of these so will have a look over the weekend!

I looked into the decimals awhile back and just came across it on my to do list.

i've been roaming around in fm19 to fm23 and i havnt been able to find anything yet. maybe you have more luck

9 hours ago, keysi said:

A bit of a hassle and now I'm not even sure I like it...

e9586c5c90e013938257780037daecdc.png

1 hour ago, _Ben_ said:

A bit of a hassle and now I'm not even sure I like it...

e9586c5c90e013938257780037daecdc.png

I like it in this squad/player search screen more than in the player overview itself as I feel it covers the space of the squad screen better when you have attributes' column(s) here. Maybe align the number centrally and you will like it more.

23 hours ago, snowofman said:

Would it be possible to bring back the decimal in the player development - progress  - attribute ?

or any anyone done it and would like to share

thanks

In the polygons, you can amend this line to add a decimal back in:

<boolean id="should_round_values" value="true" />

I wonder if that can fit anywhere on the graph?

EDIT: Or even looking back through archives of older games. Was it FM19 or 20? I'd be really interested in going back to FM19 as that was the last year that you could display attributes as bar charts...

Edited by _Ben_

Em 12/12/2022 em 08:54, bluestillidie00 disse:

take the panels/config.xml file from opz or tcs and paste it in your own folder, then reload the skin. Both boolean folders need to be false. 

I would like to thank you for this tip, I implemented it in my skin, game changer. Funny how something so simple saves A LOT of working time.

-------------------------xxx------------------------

On another note, I would like to see if anyone could assist me, please.

I'm trying to implement the match touchline tablet option during matches, something I've seen both in TATO and WTCS5 skins, thanks and all credits to the creators for the original idea. I looked for help in the official thread, but still no success.

I wish to change the match touchline tablet's blue/purplish pattern/background to something darker. I looked everywhere and for the life of me I couldn't figure out how to. It seems to be something simple, but I really haven't found the right graphic or the file for it.

If anyone knows how and could teach me, please. Thanks in advance!

image.png.37f59cb8b94469603f5bf1f1639e9639.png

47 minutes ago, lugui said:

I would like to thank you for this tip, I implemented it in my skin, game changer. Funny how something so simple saves A LOT of working time.

-------------------------xxx------------------------

On another note, I would like to see if anyone could assist me, please.

I'm trying to implement the match touchline tablet option during matches, something I've seen both in TATO and WTCS5 skins, thanks and all credits to the creators for the original idea. I looked for help in the official thread, but still no success.

I wish to change the match touchline tablet's blue/purplish pattern/background to something darker. I looked everywhere and for the life of me I couldn't figure out how to. It seems to be something simple, but I really haven't found the right graphic or the file for it.

If anyone knows how and could teach me, please. Thanks in advance!

boxes/custom/match/touchline tablet/paper

2 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

In the polygons, you can amend this line to add a decimal back in:

<boolean id="should_round_values" value="true" />

I wonder if that can fit anywhere on the graph?

EDIT: Or even looking back through archives of older games. Was it FM19 or 20? I'd be really interested in going back to FM19 as that was the last year that you could display attributes as bar charts...

no changes sadly, was a good shout tho

31 minutos atrás, bluestillidie00 disse:

boxes/custom/match/touchline tablet/paper

Thank you so much, it worked perfectly.

One last question about the tablet, if you can, please: which .xml file controls the font of the respective titles in the tabs? I plan to make them all in CAPS (in this case using "label" ) for visualization reasons.

image.png.eb48e50412ddd509b40f44b0ac590322.png

5 minutes ago, lugui said:

Thank you so much, it worked perfectly.

One last question about the tablet, if you can, please: which .xml file controls the font of the respective titles in the tabs? I plan to make them all in CAPS (in this case using "label" ) for visualization reasons.

image.png.eb48e50412ddd509b40f44b0ac590322.png

Cant talk for Tato's skin, but it's in the graphic file on mine. Whatever tab class has been used, will point you to the file

4 minutos atrás, bluestillidie00 disse:

Cant talk for Tato's skin, but it's in the graphic file on mine. Whatever tab class has been used, will point you to the file

Excellent, thanks again! 

It was possible by editing the button.xml files under tab and tabbed folders.

<flags id="font" value="label"/>

image.png.893d0cafd4b4d11c9d15238a46326358.png

40 minutes ago, Pierluigi Collina said:

One question guys, is there a website where you can get images for /graphics? I don't know much about photoshop and there are a lot of graphics that I need because I want to do something different from other skins. Thanks

I mean images like this:

c6050547195115ce07a8a7ddacac824b.png

I actually use the shapes on PowerPoint and save them as a png image. It’s not fancy but seems to do the trick!

3 horas atrás, keysi disse:

Do some of you know what colour(s) control(s) the incoming and outgoing transfer papers in the Transfer Centre? Right now, both IN and OUT have the same green colour and I would like to make it different.

Thanks.

image.thumb.png.f72ee5ae965b33cedd6f59afd183accb.png

I was able to change the colours for this panel by adding and editing the following inside my skin's settings.xml, see if that helps:

<!-- Transfer Center -->
<colour name="transfer center extra info" value="fg alpha" />
<colour name="transfer center fee" value="fg alert" />
<colour name="transfer status proposal colour" value="blue 700"/>
<colour name="transfer status offer made colour" value="blue 700"/>
<colour name="transfer status offer accepted colour" value="green"/>
<colour name="transfer status offer negotiated colour" value="green 600"/>
<colour name="transfer status offer rejected colour" value="negative bg"/>
<colour name="transfer status offer withdrawn colour" value="negative bg"/>
<colour name="transfer status canceled colour" value="negative bg"/>
<colour name="transfer status contract offered colour" value="green 200"/>
<colour name="transfer status contract rejected colour" value="pink 700"/>
<colour name="transfer status awaiting work permit colour" value="teal 700"/>
<colour name="transfer status failed work permit colour" value="negative"/>
<colour name="transfer status confirmation colour" value="rgb (171, 46, 0)"/>
<colour name="transfer status confirmed colour" value="positive bg"/>

Edited by lugui

32 minutes ago, lugui said:

I was able to change the colours for this panel by adding and editing the following inside my skin's settings.xml, see if that helps:

<!-- Transfer Center -->
<colour name="transfer center extra info" value="fg alpha" />
<colour name="transfer center fee" value="fg alert" />
<colour name="transfer status proposal colour" value="blue 700"/>
<colour name="transfer status offer made colour" value="blue 700"/>
<colour name="transfer status offer accepted colour" value="green"/>
<colour name="transfer status offer negotiated colour" value="green 600"/>
<colour name="transfer status offer rejected colour" value="negative bg"/>
<colour name="transfer status offer withdrawn colour" value="negative bg"/>
<colour name="transfer status canceled colour" value="negative bg"/>
<colour name="transfer status contract offered colour" value="green 200"/>
<colour name="transfer status contract rejected colour" value="pink 700"/>
<colour name="transfer status awaiting work permit colour" value="teal 700"/>
<colour name="transfer status failed work permit colour" value="negative"/>
<colour name="transfer status confirmation colour" value="rgb (171, 46, 0)"/>
<colour name="transfer status confirmed colour" value="positive bg"/>

Thanks, I was able to change these colours but I can't divide incoming and outgoing transfers.

If I changed the confirmed colour, it was changed for both incoming and outgoing. And the rest of the colours was the same. Maybe there will be something in the transfer centre.xml