[FM23] Random and Small Skinning Questions

TCSSkin

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

52 minutes ago, Platinum said:

Is it possible to add the dugout assistant feedback to the touchline tablet?

Absolutely.  This is the bit from match in between highlights panel.xml that points to the "dugout".

<!--match feed-->
<widget class="match_feed_panel" id="feed" file="match/match feed panel expanded" navigation_container="true">

<record id="object_property" get_property="objt" set_property="objt" />

</widget>

29 minutes ago, GIMN said:

Absolutely.  This is the bit from match in between highlights panel.xml that points to the "dugout".

<!--match feed-->
<widget class="match_feed_panel" id="feed" file="match/match feed panel expanded" navigation_container="true">

</widget>

Thanks! Do i add that snippet  to 'match touchline tablet panel.xml'? Also how did you know that it references the dugout, is there a glossary/dictionary anywhere that describes that?

Edited by Platinum

52 minutes ago, GIMN said:

<!--match feed-->

</widget>

I just had a look at your great skin that also moves the assistant feedback, but the touchline tablet has been significantly changed in your version so found it a bit difficult to understand what I should be doing with a base touchline tablet.

19 minutes ago, Platinum said:

Thanks! Do i add that snippet  to 'match touchline tablet panel.xml'? Also how did you know that it references the dugout, is there a glossary/dictionary anywhere that describes that?

Right, so it depends on how you want it to be there - and whether you're using a downloaded skin (because the paths might be different depending on how the author has structured things).

If you want it as a fixed panel (e.g. it can't be changed) - then you could add that snippet in match touchline tablet panel.xml in place of one of the touchline tablet slot containers.  This might not be ideal as each one of those controls an entire row (whereas the feed is more suited to taking over an entire column.  You could restructure the match touchline tablet panel so there's a suitable column to place it.

You could add it as a selector.  For this you'd need to add it to match touchline tablet slot.xml (this might be where using a downloaded skin could have a different path, and you may need to follow what is written in various xmls to uncover this).  You wouldn't need the <record> part, but will need a title for it.  I use "Backroom Advice", so the code would look something like:

<!--match feed-->
  <translation id="title" translation_id="296517" type="use" value="Backroom Advice" />
</widget>

It doesn't matter which order you place it in match touchline tablet slot.xml as it will arrange alphabetically in game.

24 minutes ago, GIMN said:

Right, so it depends on how you want it to be there - and whether you're using a downloaded skin (because the paths might be different depending on how the author has structured things).

If you want it as a fixed panel (e.g. it can't be changed) - then you could add that snippet in match touchline tablet panel.xml in place of one of the touchline tablet slot containers.  This might not be ideal as each one of those controls an entire row (whereas the feed is more suited to taking over an entire column.  You could restructure the match touchline tablet panel so there's a suitable column to place it.

You could add it as a selector.  For this you'd need to add it to match touchline tablet slot.xml (this might be where using a downloaded skin could have a different path, and you may need to follow what is written in various xmls to uncover this).  You wouldn't need the <record> part, but will need a title for it.  I use "Backroom Advice", so the code would look something like:

<!--match feed-->
  <translation id="title" translation_id="296517" type="use" value="Backroom Advice" />
</widget>

It doesn't matter which order you place it in match touchline tablet slot.xml as it will arrange alphabetically in game.

Thank you very much, I added it as a selector. This will helps also loads on my journey to becoming much better at skinning. If there are any resources you used apart from the guides on this forum I'd happily have a look at them.

3 minutes ago, Platinum said:

Thank you very much, I added it as a selector. This will helps also loads on my journey to becoming much better at skinning. If there are any resources you used apart from the guides on this forum I'd happily have a look at them.

Not that I know about.  It's mainly using these forums, and playing around with the code until I start to vaguely understand what's going on (never more than a vague understanding, though!)

23 minutes ago, hoangbaotrung129 said:

what panels/lines or xml file control teams name(home and away) in league table,also in league table after the match ? 

Screenshot (704).png

<colour name="human controlled"             value="..." /> is for your team

Edited by keysi

12 hours ago, EnigMattic1 said:

Ok, do I need inset or offset?

<container>
                        <layout class="arrange_vertical_attachment" layout="40, 25" gap="0" offset="0"/>
                        <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="horizontal" inset="0" apply_to_children="true"/>

it'll be the 40,25, increase those 

11 minutes ago, YOLF said:

Hello, a quick question about the name on the kit in the player overview: How can I use my own font and adjust the size? Thank you in advance.

1. move your selected font to the skin/fonts

2. open the file that affects the kit (it's usually in generic/kit icon.xml), it depends what skin are you using.

3. change the font name and text size in this file.

I have it like this for example in the player overview.

image.png.a5769ecf9f17e8930d32bc90930bda56.png

vor 28 Minuten schrieb keysi:

1. move your selected font to the skin/fonts

2. open the file that affects the kit (it's usually in generic/kit icon.xml), it depends what skin are you using.

3. change the font name and text size in this file.

I have it like this for example in the player overview.

image.png.a5769ecf9f17e8930d32bc90930bda56.png

Thank you very much 👍. Will try it like this ...

Hello everyone,

I edited this original post as I have two different questions, any help on any of them would be much appreciated, please:

1) How could I change the title style of these menus at once, making them all CAPS? In other words, kinda turning the text in CAPS as my default for such menus.

Am I able to edit a single specific fonts file or are these individual xml panels?

2.png.2698bad4852e758518853d5ee0771eac.png
1.png.bb6cda3e1950484f10a95e6f3ce6bd96.png
3.png

2) Is it possible to move the club/competition badge closer to its name/description in the center of the bar? And if so, is it possible to make it a little bigger?

image.png.2de84eaa9fd94bf6a5dbef9cbad097e9.png

Thanks in advance!

Edited by lugui

2 hours ago, lugui said:

Hello everyone,

I edited this original post as I have two different questions, any help on any of them would be much appreciated, please:

1) How could I change the title style of these menus at once, making them all CAPS? In other words, kinda turning the text in CAPS as my default for such menus.

Am I able to edit a single specific fonts file or are these individual xml panels?

2.png.2698bad4852e758518853d5ee0771eac.png
1.png.bb6cda3e1950484f10a95e6f3ce6bd96.png
3.png

2) Is it possible to move the club/competition badge closer to its name/description in the center of the bar? And if so, is it possible to make it a little bigger?

Thanks in advance!

1. Extract classes.fmf, copy section_button.xml to your own skin, then change the font in the file to one that is all caps.

2. Edit titlebar search panel, change title and sub title alignment to left

51 minutos atrás, bluestillidie00 disse:

1. Extract classes.fmf, copy section_button.xml to your own skin, then change the font in the file to one that is all caps.

2. Edit titlebar search panel, change title and sub title alignment to left

Thanks for your reply, @bluestillidie00.

1) As for this, I copied the file, put it in my /classes folder and inside it I changed the font to "bundesliga-condensed" , which I still have in the game and by default is all in CAPS. Unfortunately, just a few of the menus has been changed, as shown in the image. Am I missing something? I have a feeling I'd need to do the same with a few other files under classes.fmf, but Im not sure which ones.

/classes/section_button.xml

<class class="section_button" parent="menubar_icon_button">
  <flags id="appearance" value="tabs/standard/normal/top/button"/>
  <flags id="selected_appearance" value="tabs/standard/selected/top/fm23/button"/>
  <flags id="icon_enabled" value="true"/>
  <flags id="icon_alignment" value="left,centre_y"/>
  <flags id="auto_size" value="all"/>
  <flags id="alignment" value="left,centre_y"/>
  <flags id="size" value="normal"/>
  <flags id="font" value="bundesliga-condensed"/> 
</class>

image.png.39c92016376c0de8da38820433b410f9.png

2) In this case, I understood your suggestion, but it goes back to pulling both title and subtitle to the left - as it is originally in the game - however, I would like to keep them centralized and reach just the opposite: to try to pull the badges/logos more towards the center, kind of something like in this mockup below, is it possible?

image.png.844d59c5c44b6cd0e7aa4eafd72c0db3.png

Thanks again!

Edited by lugui

1 hour ago, lugui said:

Thanks for your reply, @bluestillidie00.

1) As for this, I copied the file, put it in my /classes folder and inside it I changed the font to "bundesliga-condensed" , which I still have in the game and by default is all in CAPS. Unfortunately, just a few of the menus has been changed, as shown in the image. Am I missing something? I have a feeling I'd need to do the same with a few other files under classes.fmf, but Im not sure which ones.

/classes/section_button.xml

<class class="section_button" parent="menubar_icon_button">
  <flags id="appearance" value="tabs/standard/normal/top/button"/>
  <flags id="selected_appearance" value="tabs/standard/selected/top/fm23/button"/>
  <flags id="icon_enabled" value="true"/>
  <flags id="icon_alignment" value="left,centre_y"/>
  <flags id="auto_size" value="all"/>
  <flags id="alignment" value="left,centre_y"/>
  <flags id="size" value="normal"/>
  <flags id="font" value="bundesliga-condensed"/> 
</class>

image.png.39c92016376c0de8da38820433b410f9.png

2) In this case, I understood your suggestion, but it goes back to pulling both title and subtitle to the left - as it is originally in the game - however, I would like to keep them centralized and reach just the opposite: to try to pull the badges/logos more towards the center, kind of something like in this mockup below, is it possible?

image.png.844d59c5c44b6cd0e7aa4eafd72c0db3.png

Thanks again!

try section_button_popup

28 minutes ago, Platinum said:

Wondering if anyone can tell me how I can add more stats to this page. I can see loads of stats panels under player/ but I cant tell which one is for this page. I was also wondering how I can find out the ids/names of the stats so I can add more?

image.thumb.png.8cdae42bfcc736e12948cc5b159c27bc.png

you'll need to look through person properties.xml

45 minutes ago, Platinum said:

Cheers yep I just ended up finding that file as well! Do you know which xml file controls the stats panel in the image I shared?

i think it's either player stats.xml or player additional stats.xml, in bed atm though so can't say for sure

10 hours ago, bluestillidie00 said:

i think it's either player stats.xml or player additional stats.xml, in bed atm though so can't say for sure

Yep its "player additional stats.xml" ! I am able to swap the current stats for new ones now. Unfortunately adding more items to the table doesn't add them to the view as there isnt any space though. I thought a scroll bar would appear so I could see them.

Edited by Platinum

Em 23/12/2022 em 13:35, lugui disse:

Hello everyone,

Thanks in advance!

From my original question and setup above, I managed to separate the logo and create a new container in order to move it more freely, but would any of the INSET/ALIGNMENT masters would be able to help me with how to move and align the logo more to the left, like in the mockup? I've already tried everything my limited knowledge of the issue could think of.

This is what I have now: 

image.png.f007c408edb6958e047d26941745d535.png

This is what I'm trying to implement, if possible:

image.png.219e0c4048715df248f4d4a1f0009844.png

Here is what I have as far as the code and I have been working exclusively on the <!-- Primary Logo --> portion (titlebar search panel.xml)

Spoiler
<panel>
	<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="4" apply_to_children="true"/>

<!--search box-->
	<widget class="db_record_search_box" id="srcB" file="widgets/search box titlebar" hidden="true"/>

<!--standard title bar text-->
	<container id="sttt">
		<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="-2" apply_to_children="true"/>

<container height="50">
        <layout class="arrange_horizontal_attachment" alignment="right,extend" offset="0" gap="0" />
        <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="vertical" inset="0" apply_to_children="true" />

<!-- main logos container -->
        <container id="MnLg">
            <layout class="arrange_horizontal_attachment" alignment="left,extend" offset="0" gap="8" />
            <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="vertical" inset="0" apply_to_children="true" />

<!--buffer-->
            <container width="1"/>

<!-- Primary Logo -->
                <widget class="picture" id="lgtF" scale_picture="true" keep_aspect_ratio="true" image_alignment="left" width="35">
                    <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="horizontal" inset="0,0,0,0" />

<attachment class="test_setting_attachment" get_setting="show_badges" default_value="true" set_property="hidden">
                        <boolean id="value" value="false" />
                    </attachment>

<!-- tells the picture to listen to the 'main picture' global property being set, and set its own file property from it -->
                    <record id="object_property" should_force_refresh="true"> 
                        <integer id="get_property" value="mnpc"  />
                        <integer id="set_property" value="file" />
                    </record>
                </widget>

</container>

</container>	

<container>
			<layout class="arrange_horizontal_attachment" alignment="left,extend" gap="0" offset="5" />
			<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="vertical" inset="0" apply_to_children="true"/>

<container>
				<layout class="arrange_vertical_attachment" alignment="top" gap="0" offset="5" />
				<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="horizontal" inset="9" apply_to_children="true"/>

<!-- title area -->
				<widget class="text" id="sect" font="bundesliga" alignment="middle,bottom" size="14.5" style="bold" multiline="false" auto_size="vertical" wants_mouse_events="false" colour="white">
					<record id="object_property">
						<list id="get_properties">
							<record>
								<integer id="get_property" value="titl" />
								<integer id="set_property" value="text" />
							</record>
						</list>
					</record>
				</widget>

<!-- description -->
				<widget class="text" id="subs" size="normal" alignment="centre,bottom" multiline="false" auto_size="vertical" colour="white">
					<record id="object_property">
						<list id="get_properties">
							<record>
								<integer id="get_property" value="subt" />
								<integer id="set_property" value="atxt" />
								<boolean id="dont_set_hint" value="true" />
							</record>
							<record>
								<integer id="get_property" value="subL" />
								<integer id="set_property" value="text" />
								<boolean id="dont_set_hint" value="true" />
							</record>
						</list>
					</record>
				</widget>
			</container>

</container>

</container>

</panel>

Thanks again, any help would shed a light on this for me.

Edited by lugui

Similar question to the above, I have replaced existing stats with new ones on the Player->Reports->Stats page. I have added "Progressive Passes" and "High Intensity Sprints". However both values appear as -1, initially I thought it was due to the formatting being wrong but that isn't the reason I don't believe. 

Can anyone spot what I'm doing wrong here?

image.png.c40e90263a0760e8f809e7b82871cdda.png

image.png.42db6c8eb439eb3b5aa16d6c6ef50447.png

Edited by Platinum
Did further investigation on this issue and updated my post

3 hours ago, Platinum said:

Similar question to the above, I have replaced existing stats with new ones on the Player->Reports->Stats page. I have added "Progressive Passes" and "High Intensity Sprints". However both values appear as -1, initially I thought it was due to the formatting being wrong but that isn't the reason I don't believe. 

Can anyone spot what I'm doing wrong here?

image.png.c40e90263a0760e8f809e7b82871cdda.png

image.png.42db6c8eb439eb3b5aa16d6c6ef50447.png

never been able to get it to work myself. had the same issue with key passes 

for many years now, after every successful season, we see this horror :)

Spoiler

560797556_2022-12-2519_45_51-FootballManager2023.png.921e8eb28af629e3a87a2f3fc8d4e278.png

i changed it but i don't really like the changes either. I don't know how to scale the picture, so I have to make the row width equal to the size of the picture, it's a bit too much.

Spoiler

877208349_2022-12-2519_45_15-FootballManager2023.png.921a74683c5c64002440514557d5c17d.png

maybe the xml-magicians have ideas?
inbox content with season summary panel.xml

<panel>
	<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0" apply_to_children="true" />

<container class="scrolling_box">
		<!-- content area -->
		<container id="ctbx">
			<attachment_group class="horizontal_arrange_vertical_autosize" horizontal_layout="270, -1" horizontal_gap="15"/>
			<!-- comp performance and review -->
			<container>
					<attachment_group class="vertical_arrange_autosize" />
				<!--dynamic image here please-->
				<container id="ICdi" height="150">
					<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0" apply_to_children="true"/>
				</container>
				<widget class="competition_stage_panel" id="lspn" file="team/team competitions overview competition stage panel" height="500"/>
			</container>

<!-- media summary -->
			<container>
				<widget class="text" id="bdtx" alignment="left" size="large" auto_size="vertical" />
				<container>
					<attachment_group class="vertical_arrange_autosize" vertical_offset="10"/>
						<widget class="label" id="hons" alignment="left" size="large" auto_size="vertical" font="title">
						</widget>
					<widget class="client_object_list_table" id="hoTB" database_table_type="25" fixed_size_rows="true" auto_size_rows="false" row_height="300" auto_size="vertical">
						<flags id="mode" value="fill_rows, stripe_rows, hide_headings" />
						<record id="viewed_property_ids">
							<record id="trop" width="300"/>
							<record id="cnam" />
						</record>
					</widget>
				</container>
			</container>
		</container>
	</container>

</panel>

10 minutes ago, Olas Nick said:

for many years now, after every successful season, we see this horror :)

Reveal hidden contents

560797556_2022-12-2519_45_51-FootballManager2023.png.921e8eb28af629e3a87a2f3fc8d4e278.png

i changed it but i don't really like the changes either. I don't know how to scale the picture, so I have to make the row width equal to the size of the picture, it's a bit too much.

Reveal hidden contents

877208349_2022-12-2519_45_15-FootballManager2023.png.921a74683c5c64002440514557d5c17d.png

maybe the xml-magicians have ideas?
inbox content with season summary panel.xml

<panel>
	<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0" apply_to_children="true" />

<container class="scrolling_box">
		<!-- content area -->
		<container id="ctbx">
			<attachment_group class="horizontal_arrange_vertical_autosize" horizontal_layout="270, -1" horizontal_gap="15"/>
			<!-- comp performance and review -->
			<container>
				<!--dynamic image here please-->
				<container id="ICdi" height="150">
					<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0" apply_to_children="true"/>
				</container>
				<widget class="competition_stage_panel" id="lspn" file="team/team competitions overview competition stage panel" height="500"/>
			</container>

<!-- media summary -->
			<container>
				<widget class="text" id="bdtx" alignment="left" size="large" auto_size="vertical" />
				<container>
					<attachment_group class="vertical_arrange_autosize" vertical_offset="10"/>
						<widget class="label" id="hons" alignment="left" size="large" auto_size="vertical" font="title">
						</widget>
					<widget class="client_object_list_table" id="hoTB" database_table_type="25" fixed_size_rows="true" auto_size_rows="false" row_height="300" auto_size="vertical">
						<flags id="mode" value="fill_rows, stripe_rows, hide_headings" />
						<record id="viewed_property_ids">
							<record id="trop" width="300"/>
							<record id="cnam" />
						</record>
					</widget>
				</container>
			</container>
		</container>
	</container>

</panel>

I'm guessing you've tried scale_picture="true" and keep_aspect_ratio="true"?

On 25/12/2022 at 00:22, bluestillidie00 said:

never been able to get it to work myself. had the same issue with key passes 

Ah thats a shame! Thanks for letting me know though, do you know any other good place to put stats on a players profile on the base skin?

Hello all,

I tried searching for someone with the same problem but could not find it.

I got promoted to League Two in England and the header for the match changed, did i break something or ?

1h1uBO2My6Z67S6y9ssBqIAAYeVcQw01dTYGELfS.png

It used to look like this:

xhohhj3ZkoXjM5A5CrcuKXqEV5HXla6l2HSPQI2t.png

25 minutes ago, cem said:

Hello all,

I tried searching for someone with the same problem but could not find it.

I got promoted to League Two in England and the header for the match changed, did i break something or ?

1h1uBO2My6Z67S6y9ssBqIAAYeVcQw01dTYGELfS.png

It used to look like this:

xhohhj3ZkoXjM5A5CrcuKXqEV5HXla6l2HSPQI2t.png

The English Football League (EFL) has its own dedicated scoreboard. It has its own files and folder in panels/match. You will need to replace match score board (or whatever it’s called) in that EFL folder in panels/match, if you do not want it to look as it does.

Edited by Tyburn

17 minutes ago, EnigMattic1 said:

What would I need to change on the XML file to stop third kits from being shown?

normaly there would be a widget for each kit, then just remove or comment out the one for the 3rd kit. But 3rd kits should really only show if the club has a 3rd kit and opened for it

Thanks to the Match Screen Mod, I was able to modify some match-panels.

I ended up with this match overview by editing the match_incidents_left / match_incidents_right xmls. However I can't figure out, how to increase the size of the Separator to match it to the size of the goal-numbers

spacer.png

can anyone help me find it?

On the nation overview panel, is is possible to add the nation logo and the confederation logo either side of the nation flag?

image.png.cdf412e89303235981fed396f9791a9c.png

Second question, how would I go about adding the stadium pic to where the 'Major Transfers' is? Or the stadium pic for the next match behind the nation logos in the 'Next Match' area?

Last question, Can I split the part of the panel where the 'Key People' are in order to add the kits in the space below or will that be too much hassle?

Next question, going back to one I asked a while ago that, despite @bluestillidie00helping, I still haven't sorted. Forward and Back buttons. As you can see from the screenshot in the post above, they are black. What I am trying to do is to have them 'secondary' coloured like the quick flicks. At the moment, the code in the 'titlebar' xml is as follows:

<!-- Back Button -->
            <widget class="screen_history_button" id="back" fixed="true" width="50" appearance="" icon="custom/icons/26px/back" icon_alignment="centre" gamepad_icon_alignment="top,centre_x">
                <attachment class="get_global_attachment" get_property="hnpt" set_property="itms" />
                <record id="primary_icon_properties" red_replacement="secondary" />
                <record id="click_event" event_id="GOTO" event_target="brow" scin="-3" />
                <string id="controller_button" value="left_shoulder" />
                <attachment class="test_global_attachment" get_property="MnuS" mode="not_equal" value="true" set_property="hidn" skip_if_null="true" />
            </widget>

but that doesn't change the colour. There is also an xml file in the "custom/icons/26px" folder for each icon, but there is nothing on it:

<!-- image properties -->
<properties>

</properties>

Also, what do I need to change in order to move 'back' and 'forward' closer to the quick flicks?

And, finally, what controls the height of the search box?

Edited by EnigMattic1