[FM23] Random and Small Skinning Questions

TCSSkin

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone have a list of the team data visualisations please? I'm looking, specifically, for here:

<attachment_group class="vertical_arrange" vertical_alignment="top" vertical_gap="8" />
						<widget class="data_analyst_visualisation_widget" id="asda" height="200" visualisation_type="polygon" data_type="team" category="team_offensive" file="widgets/data analyst visualisation mini">
							<record id="object_property" get_property="objt" set_property="objt" />
						</widget>

Thanks!

11 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

Does anyone have a list of the team data visualisations please? I'm looking, specifically, for here:

<attachment_group class="vertical_arrange" vertical_alignment="top" vertical_gap="8" />
						<widget class="data_analyst_visualisation_widget" id="asda" height="200" visualisation_type="polygon" data_type="team" category="team_offensive" file="widgets/data analyst visualisation mini">
							<record id="object_property" get_property="objt" set_property="objt" />
						</widget>

Thanks!

This is what I've used - it's an extractable file in the data_hub folder.

data hub visualisation category properties.xml

Bit stumped.  I've added the scout report summary to the player pop-up panel, but it only colours after navigating away.  This is how it looks initially:

image.png.ed396ff26f0d29730ab17088b7d41e4e.png

You then need to do the following:

• Hover over the scout recommendation widget
  • Close the player popup panel
  • Bring back the player popup panel

Eventually it will look like this:

image.png.152f10f5e81c5476eeb132840dbaf989.png

I quite like the black/white look, but would prefer some consistency.  Would anyone know what I've done/how to fix it?  For reference, below is the entire code used, and I've annotated the changes I've made:

<!-- Bit that shows the data-->
<container id="scou">
  <layout class="arrange_vertical_attachment" alignment="top,extend" offset="0" gap="2" />
  <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="horizontal" inset="0" apply_to_children="true" />

<!--I've changed the height-->
  <container height="60">
    <layout class="arrange_horizontal_attachment" alignment="left,extend" offset="0" />
    <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="vertical" inset="0" apply_to_children="true" />

<!-- RECOMMENDATION - I've changed the width and changed the alignment from left to right -->
    <widget class="player_scout_recommendation_widget" id="RCic" alignment="right,centre_y" auto_size="none" click_event="ltms" width="50">
      <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="right" inset="0" />
    </widget>

<container>
      <layout class="arrange_vertical_attachment" alignment="top,extend" offset="0" gap="3" />
      <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="horizontal" inset="0" apply_to_children="true" />

<!--CA/PA - I've removed the PA section, and the labels - this is only visible on own players and works as intended-->
      <container height="24">
        <layout class="arrange_horizontal_attachment" alignment="fill" offset="0" />
        <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="vertical" inset="0" apply_to_children="true" />

<!--CA-->
        <container>
          <layout class="arrange_horizontal_attachment" alignment="right,extend" offset="0" />

<widget class="scout_stars_label" id="CAic" alignment="right,centre_y" auto_size="horizontal" mode="1">
          </widget>
        </container>
      </container>

</container>
  </container>
</container>

Guys so basically I was trying to put this screen into "my skin"

20221203234001_1.jpg.5b090f209b7907dd9f3e25e62509024e.jpg

Which after a few trial and errors, I managed.
Today as soon as I launched the game, I was getting this screen instead (mixed up all on it's own)
The thing is that as soon as I reload the skin where I originally took the files from (for personal use) - Hodr Skin, and I reload back to "my skin" - the panels work as they should and keep working properly until the game is turned off. When switched on again, it goes to being mixed once again.

1729132734_TrasteverevSambenedettese_Pitch-2.thumb.png.c71b2115a82a3356085cc527269e8af3.png

I've been playing around for about 2hrs now and I'm close to giving up so I would honestly appreciate your input on this.
Thanks guys.

21 minutes ago, DamienFerriggi said:

Today as soon as I launched the game, I was getting this screen instead (mixed up all on it's own)
The thing is that as soon as I reload the skin where I originally took the files from (for personal use) - Hodr Skin, and I reload back to "my skin" - the panels work as they should and keep working properly until the game is turned off. When switched on again, it goes to being mixed once again.

1729132734_TrasteverevSambenedettese_Pitch-2.thumb.png.c71b2115a82a3356085cc527269e8af3.png

I've been playing around for about 2hrs now and I'm close to giving up so I would honestly appreciate your input on this.
Thanks guys.

try take the files from tcs, im not sure whether WKDSoul edited anything, but it can't hurt

11 minutes ago, bluestillidie00 said:

try take the files from tcs, im not sure whether WKDSoul edited anything, but it can't hurt

Can you please indicate which files shall I move?

Because I tried what worked yesterday but this is what I got lol 
I've took the match panels and the tcs graphics folder.

395589562_BolognavSalernitana_Pitch.thumb.png.4cc2d6fad4d336ddb31dc38deafab560.png

33 minutes ago, DamienFerriggi said:

Can you please indicate which files shall I move?

Because I tried what worked yesterday but this is what I got lol 
I've took the match panels and the tcs graphics folder.

395589562_BolognavSalernitana_Pitch.thumb.png.4cc2d6fad4d336ddb31dc38deafab560.png

Strange, it's like it's not moving the actual tablet over. what resolution are you using?

the red is just cause you need to move whatever the colour is into your settings file

6 minutes ago, bluestillidie00 said:

Strange, it's like it's not moving the actual tablet over. what resolution are you using?

the red is just cause you need to move whatever the colour is into your settings file

Resolution is 2560 x 1440 - but the thing is after reloading the other skin and reload back mine asap, everything fell into place.

9 hours ago, GIMN said:

This is what I've used - it's an extractable file in the data_hub folder.

data hub visualisation category properties.xml 11.2 kB · 4 downloads

Thanks! Will dive into this later on. 

2 hours ago, GIMN said:

Bit stumped.  I've added the scout report summary to the player pop-up panel, but it only colours after navigating away.  This is how it looks initially:

image.png.ed396ff26f0d29730ab17088b7d41e4e.png

You then need to do the following:

• Hover over the scout recommendation widget
  • Close the player popup panel
  • Bring back the player popup panel

Eventually it will look like this:

image.png.152f10f5e81c5476eeb132840dbaf989.png

I quite like the black/white look, but would prefer some consistency.  Would anyone know what I've done/how to fix it?  For reference, below is the entire code used, and I've annotated the changes I've made:

<!-- Bit that shows the data-->
<container id="scou">
  <layout class="arrange_vertical_attachment" alignment="top,extend" offset="0" gap="2" />

<!--I've changed the height-->
  <container height="60">
    <layout class="arrange_horizontal_attachment" alignment="left,extend" offset="0" />

<!-- RECOMMENDATION - I've changed the width and changed the alignment from left to right -->
    <widget class="player_scout_recommendation_widget" id="RCic" alignment="right,centre_y" auto_size="none" click_event="ltms" width="50">
      <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="right" inset="0" />
    </widget>

<container>
      <layout class="arrange_vertical_attachment" alignment="top,extend" offset="0" gap="3" />

<!--CA/PA - I've removed the PA section, and the labels - this is only visible on own players and works as intended-->
      <container height="24">
        <layout class="arrange_horizontal_attachment" alignment="fill" offset="0" />

<!--CA-->
        <container>
          <layout class="arrange_horizontal_attachment" alignment="right,extend" offset="0" />

<widget class="scout_stars_label" id="CAic" alignment="right,centre_y" auto_size="horizontal" mode="1">
          </widget>
        </container>
      </container>

</container>
  </container>
</container>

I can’t solve your question but have another about the key attributes.  Are they position specific or just overall? I really like minimalist feel to that panel. I want to evolve my own popup to show something that kind of forces me to investigate further, if I want to!

34 minutes ago, DamienFerriggi said:

Resolution is 2560 x 1440 - but the thing is after reloading the other skin and reload back mine asap, everything fell into place.

very strange. id log it as a bug on the bug tracker, haven't seen anyone else mention it

Just now, _Ben_ said:

Thanks! Will dive into this later on. 

I can’t solve your question but have another about the key attributes.  Are they position specific or just overall? I really like minimalist feel to that panel. I want to evolve my own popup to show something that kind of forces me to investigate further, if I want to!

Position specific. It uses the player attribute card widget, which I think pulls the attributes based on the players best position, role and duty. It also affords the luxury of having the popup being more of a snapshot rather than an almost full profile.

I've seen it uses in the club overview for key staff/players on other skins which looks super smart

1 minute ago, GIMN said:

Position specific. It uses the player attribute card widget, which I think pulls the attributes based on the players best position, role and duty. It also affords the luxury of having the popup being more of a snapshot rather than an almost full profile.

I've seen it uses in the club overview for key staff/players on other skins which looks super smart

I think that is something similar to what I want to do. To me, the popup is an overview not the full thing, made smaller. I think that mixing that with a polygon and maybe some stats is enough!

This has probably been asked 100 times already and I have tried reading through alot of threads to try and get this done. I have been trying to get rid of the diagonal lines that reach from the top of the Tato skin, using the client object browser, Tato settings and through the graphics/ generic and reading several guides. If it's not possible to remove them is there a way to recolour them to grey/black? I just don't get it one bit. it will purely be for personal use and educating myself.

image_2022-12-07_165923485.png

2 hours ago, DamienFerriggi said:

Thanks guys.

@wkdsoul looping you in, maybe you can help 🙏

2 hours ago, JustHowie said:

This has probably been asked 100 times already and I have tried reading through alot of threads to try and get this done. I have been trying to get rid of the diagonal lines that reach from the top of the Tato skin, using the client object browser, Tato settings and through the graphics/ generic and reading several guides. If it's not possible to remove them is there a way to recolour them to grey/black? I just don't get it one bit. it will purely be for personal use and educating myself.

image_2022-12-07_165923485.png

If you have Tato downloaded as an .fmf file you will have to use the resource archiver to unpack it.  It should be in the graphics folder, but I don't remember where at the moment.

17 minutes ago, Jellico73 said:

If you have Tato downloaded as an .fmf file you will have to use the resource archiver to unpack it.  It should be in the graphics folder, but I don't remember where at the moment.

I have extracted I've been through the folders but I am very new to this and can't seem to find what I'm looking for. 

29 minutes ago, snowofman said:

delete line 42 to 54 in client object browser  

Didn't seem to work I managed a sort of work around changing the transparency of lines below it but it's revealed a stadium background I can locate to change 

5 minutes ago, JustHowie said:

Didn't seem to work I managed a sort of work around changing the transparency of lines below it but it's revealed a stadium background I can locate to change 

are you clearing your cache and reload the skin after you make changes ?

i just did it and the lines was removed

9 minutes ago, JustHowie said:

to make it easier for you to see, i removed line 29 to 41 aswell and took 1 picture eachtime

pic 1 - normal

pic 2 - line 29 to 41 removed for better view

pic 3 - line 42 to 54 removed to remove the lines

1.thumb.png.868106bd249ba7e5bbef6e00ce73d77c.png

2.thumb.png.e8ee9895cb0f7353d2c5d0686256a8d3.png

3.thumb.png.29a8415f7c9ea50166684e2e1ba61df5.png

17 minutes ago, snowofman said:

to make it easier for you to see, i removed line 29 to 41 aswell and took 1 picture eachtime

pic 1 - normal

pic 2 - line 29 to 41 removed for better view

pic 3 - line 42 to 54 removed to remove the lines

1.thumb.png.868106bd249ba7e5bbef6e00ce73d77c.png

2.thumb.png.e8ee9895cb0f7353d2c5d0686256a8d3.png

3.thumb.png.29a8415f7c9ea50166684e2e1ba61df5.png

even after resetting cache and all settings lines are still showing

C1.png

LINES.png

2 minutes ago, JustHowie said:

still present with this also (resetting cache, changed to base and back) Sorry for taking up your evening here

where are you placing the file i just gave you ?

edit: could you drop a screenshot of the path

Edited by snowofman

4 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

I think that is something similar to what I want to do. To me, the popup is an overview not the full thing, made smaller. I think that mixing that with a polygon and maybe some stats is enough!

It was between that approach or having the tables sorted by attribute rating and then moving things around so only the top 3 attributes in each group showed.  I think I prefer the attribute card.

Sorry if asked, but is there a way to see changes without reloading the skin each time? I know nothing of skinning but I'd like to have a little play around but having to reload the skin every time you make a change (to see if it's worked) seems arduous. 

8 minutes ago, Mikal said:

Sorry if asked, but is there a way to see changes without reloading the skin each time? I know nothing of skinning but I'd like to have a little play around but having to reload the skin every time you make a change (to see if it's worked) seems arduous. 

Pretty much, no. You generally need to reload to see changes. 

It’s really not that big a deal. What i’d recommended though, if dealing with anything ungraphic related whilst skinning, is to temporarily move your graphics folder (SI/fm23/graphics) out of the fm23 folder, if, like me, it is HUGE in size.

Makes a big difference to reload times.

Edited by Tyburn

13 minutes ago, Tyburn said:

Pretty much, no. You generally need to reload to see changes. 

It’s really not that big a deal. What i’d recommended though, if dealing with anything ungraphic related whilst skinning, is to temporarily move your graphics folder (SI/fm23/graphics) out of the fm23 folder, if, like me, it is HUGE in size.

Makes a big difference to reload times.

Cheers I'll give the graphics folder tip a try!

small but annoying graphics issues in light skin:
2063392245_2022-12-0719_36_55-Window.png.c3b4d81cda7c18fa7f7720c16e781c9e.png

357813005_2022-12-0719_41_28-Window.png.4276ff3c0105264679dc0ab39fada831.png

1223473907_2022-12-0719_38_00-Window.png.9b3f8284975b5fa80606b79723112c57.png

460361052_2022-12-0722_48_36-Window.png.67bac307a8054990b9c52c3eb9b9c8aa.png

picture 1 and picture 2 - I want the icon to be white
i tried colour=, icon_colour=, primary_icon_colour=, secondary_icon_colour=, red/blue/green_replacement no success

picture 3 - I want to change the background to a more contrasting one, I suspect it's something from settings.xml, but I can't find it

picture 4 - I want to change the label of the youth and reserve team to white. does not work.

can anyone point me to where I would go to reskin certain inbox items colours? certain inbox items are returning default values, I've tried adding red_replacement in various XMLS but these just seem to be stuck as default (same with the FM logo's drop down in the top right)

Edit: Gone for a different approach to sort this as was having background issues when entering press conferences and the background staying on screen after the conference ended

ib1.png

ib2.png

ib3.png

Edited by JustHowie
changed solution

Hello,

I have been trying to add the stadium picture to the "match in between highlights panel"

The code used is the one below.

For some reason, the picture won't show up. Would you be so kind to give me some help with this?

Thank you.

------------------------

<!-- Stadium -->
 <container class="client_object_viewer_xml_panel" id="abcu" appearance="">
                <translation id="title" translation_id="229366" type="use" value="Stadium" />
                       <layout class="arrange_vertical_attachment" layout="25,-1"  offset="0" gap="2" />

<container class="bordered_box" appearance="boxes/bordered/standard/paper15" red_replacement="primary" blue_replacement="primary">
      <layout class="arrange_vertical_attachment" alignment="bottom,extend" offset="0" gap="0"/>
      <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="horizontal" inset="0" apply_to_children="true"/>    

<!--stadium name-->
                       <widget class="stadium_button" id="strk" auto_size="all" icon_enabled="false" font="fonts/capitals_bold" alignment="centre,can_scale" colour="secondary" size="10-5">
                <record id="object_property">
                  <integer id="get_property" value="stad"/>
                </record>
              </widget>

</container>

<container>
                  <layout class="arrange_vertical_attachment"  offset="0" gap="0" />
                                <widget class="background" file="backgrounds" id="bgnk">
    <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0" />
<record id="object_property">
<integer id="get_property" value="bgnd" />
<integer id="set_property" value="file" />
</record>
</widget>

</container>
    </container>

----------------------------------

image.thumb.png.df966a1a0f3e52fa600cd912ac0dc42f.png