Any new options in the PGE and IGE?

HurkaDurk69

2 hours ago, Yianni5063 said:

A generic draft type can now be selected in the draft allocation type (perhaps they are able to work with any division outside of MLS and CPL?).

I seriously hope this is the case. I have wanted to do something with drafts for years now, but the implementation outside of the MLS has been restricted by the hardcoding I believe.

2 hours ago, Yianni5063 said:

It is now possible to prevent staff from managing more than two teams in the same year.

76454639_ManagerTwoTeams.thumb.PNG.1f4ee76aeeeace8966febf4dd48d6187.PNG

I think that options means that you can only manage 1 team in the same year, the options above makes it so you can only manage 2 in the same year

Changes to PGE for FM23 (Part 2)

New checkboxes under general league stage.

1149892113_Leaguestagecheckboxes.thumb.PNG.51419e0d541da3ac93232552c51c77a5.PNG

2 new 'get team' types.

1070404105_TPClubTypes.PNG.f1c159c042ac4a79d2899902c35c1c4a.PNG

Competitions can now have restrictions according to the condition of the stadium as well as the used capacity of the stadium.

125420308_MinimumStadium.thumb.PNG.ebd174a62d78784b9f67edf3fe83ea4c.PNG

New exception in qualification rules relating to teams from a different continental nation.

901040408_DifferentContinentalCupNations.thumb.PNG.cbdf6fcaf88c45ec706947ea22352eaa.PNG

New checkboxes relating to indexes and home match in fixture plan rules.

2045285036_FixturePlanRules.thumb.PNG.77bc802ab388ee89f3bd058bd8a96673.PNG

Custom fixtures plans in the FM23 PGE can now support 36 teams as opposed to 34 in the FM22 PGE.

43153530_FixturePlan36.thumb.PNG.9e8c709202683618328dc8f5ca961380.PNG

The highest position of opposing teams can now be specified when determining extra league games.

185823951_HighestPosition.thumb.PNG.c5b0e437a3a473b47d5ce89fb353bdd0.PNG

New checkbox relating to ranking level info.

1926222398_RankingLevelInfo.thumb.PNG.8d5347545c83f50c1829c25c885ee0ab.PNG

Cup draw environments can now be selected in cup competitions (this perhaps relates to the overhaul in the cup draws).

1915333717_CupDrawEnvironments.thumb.PNG.9f46951d41fbb56abb415bd283aa8533.PNG

(To be continued).

Changes to PGE for FM23 (Part 3)

These are new squad rules added to the PGE for FM23.

Match Squad

2 new match squad rules have the ability to restrict the number of over 25 players and goalkeepers in the match squad.

1331313260_MSO25.thumb.PNG.f23db2774ae3f38ce8c32222932afe3b.PNG

10 new match rules allow for under age homegrown players to be eligible for a match squad for being trained in the same club or nation for only 1 year between 15 and 21.

1273217091_MSU251YR.thumb.PNG.b8de16ff9ccb2359426fddbb4ac7127e.PNG

3 miscellaneous match squad rules were added in the FM23 PGE.

170474989_MiscMatchSquad.thumb.PNG.d368efca2d9a137f98d60787d5dbc0db.PNG

Playing 11

1 new underage playing 11 squad rule relating to Mexican homegrown under 24 players was added.

1107167357_MexicanU24.thumb.PNG.5de65f1164195595d27816b5e2e7b990.PNG

A new category of playing 11 squad rule was added into the FM23 PGE.

1964461404_Havebeensubbedon.thumb.PNG.f531fd6463ed05102bfcc6e515bc7e5e.PNG

Overall Squad

1 new rule restricting the amount of over 25 goalkeepers in an overall squad was added.

1450350349_O25Goalkeepersoverall.thumb.PNG.368b499d4cdfa799b0d6636f19475c2d.PNG

The 10 match squad rules from earlier relating to homegrown players with 1 year at either their club or nation were also added as overall squad rules.

1400533479_OSU251YEAR.thumb.PNG.aef3651ee6b36a542153e66d20761529.PNG

1 new foreign overall squad rule was also added.

1686897033_ForeignOverallSquadRule.thumb.PNG.77fa002310984c72d5ce88ffbdf847d6.PNG

2 miscellaneous overall squad rules were added as well.

313537133_OSMisc.thumb.PNG.b635a335aa39f28bfe86743e0e5a0a15.PNG

(To be continued).

Thanks @Yianni5063

This has been helpful. 

If you don't mind and hadn't thought of it: 
I'm really curious if this option has been properly activated. What I have is a bit of adjustment via the resourche archiver but never found a way to activate the options. The second one in particular is intriguing. 

image.png.7b8f39f8fbeb227298ac2ee5a64ecd44.png

Obviously this is from FM22.

Edited by Fredrik

1 hour ago, Fredrik said:

Thanks @Yianni5063

This has been helpful. 

If you don't mind and hadn't thought of it: 
I'm really curious if this option has been properly activated. What I have is a bit of adjustment via the resourche archiver but never found a way to activate the options. The second one in particular is intriguing. 

image.png.7b8f39f8fbeb227298ac2ee5a64ecd44.png

Obviously this is from FM22.

The items are there in the FM23 XMLs  (comp editor\format\database\club.xml if you are looking for them) but are noted as debug only. I haven't compared the XMLs, but they look similar.

On that note, that might be something to use to find differences, take all XMLs and compare them between FM22 and FM23. For instance in something like Notepad++ It can be used for finding differences in the advanced rules as well.

2 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

The items are there in the FM23 XMLs  (comp editor\format\database\club.xml if you are looking for them) but are noted as debug only. I haven't compared the XMLs, but they look similar.

On that note, that might be something to use to find differences, take all XMLs and compare them between FM22 and FM23. For instance in something like Notepad++ It can be used for finding differences in the advanced rules as well.

Hmm, 

good ideas. I think that's something that should be explored. 

2 hours ago, CoffeeFueledCurmudgeon said:

Is there an XML that allows a quick copy and paste of a UID? 

No XML, but there could be a setting in the XML that fixes that.

<boolean id="is_not_copyable" value="true"/> should be <boolean id="is_not_copyable" value="false"/>

I haven't tested this yet, so I don't advice to use it (yet).

6 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

Anyone tried deleting/adding nations to see what happens with WCQ, Nations League, etc? The Crown Dependencies, Yugoslavia, East Germany etc fans will be keen to know (looking at you @Wolf_pd, lol)

Not yet, didn’t have much time the last few days :D

6 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

Anyone tried deleting/adding nations to see what happens with WCQ, Nations League, etc? The Crown Dependencies, Yugoslavia, East Germany etc fans will be keen to know (looking at you @Wolf_pd, lol)

Only tried adding so far, but it seems the same as last year. The WCQ updates fine. The Nations League needs the team to be manually added still. The Euro qualifiers throw a fit and refuse to work due to too many teams.

1 hour ago, rusty217 said:

Only tried adding so far, but it seems the same as last year. The WCQ updates fine. The Nations League needs the team to be manually added still. The Euro qualifiers throw a fit and refuse to work due to too many teams.

Same as before it appears. We'll it would be, SI have barely touched the international part of the game, competitions have not been updated to current or future formats, the bug tracker is full of reports, it's just been a copy and paste.

On 09/11/2022 at 10:31, themodelcitizen said:

Interesting. Of course any work we do now on the issue will likely be rendered moot by whatever they do with Russia in future patches :mad:

I don't expect much in FM23 for Russia. FIFA won't act before end of the year as it would take away from the World Cup and UEFA has already banned them for this season and is likely to do so for another season.

17 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

UEFA has already banned them for this season and is likely to do so for another season.

To be honest I think the UEFA ban may actually end up being permanent. Could definitely see it ending up like Israel where even after the war is over nobody really wants to play with them and UEFA members vote to kick them out of the confederation.

4 hours ago, lukavski said:

Did they add the swiss system (new Champions League) as cup format?

No. The new UCL format is done by using a custom fixture plan for the league stage. It's technically a fixed draw, but the number assigned to each team should change each year giving it some variety due to that.

Sorta in the spirit of the thread, I guess.  I found something that they took out!

Now there are only 11 preferred formations that a manager can have:

image.png.a6b77011a0ff1f9e8e4f1fcd60f35099.png

In FM22 there were 28 or 29 formations you could choose from.  However, that is also reduced from FM21.  FM21 and FM20 had 47 formations to choose from!  I don't know why they were reduced.

I ran a long term save, polled the formations used, and saw no 4141 formations being used.  It was fairly common for heavy underdog teams in previous FMs.  There were only 11 formations used throughout all leagues.  It was these 11.  I went to the editor, looked here, and this is probably why.  I'm curious as to why they reduced the options.  Maybe it makes the ME easier to balance?

Edited by TroubleMan
grammar and clarity

On 13/11/2022 at 13:18, Luke Cro said:

Is there a way to add Russian clubs into UEFA competitions via Editor??

It should be possible, but might have restrictions like them not playing at their home stadium. Happy Hammer made a 80s versions of the competitions for FM22 after the Russian removal and he had Russia included in the draws.

On 12/11/2022 at 02:56, rusty217 said:

To be honest I think the UEFA ban may actually end up being permanent. Could definitely see it ending up like Israel where even after the war is over nobody really wants to play with them and UEFA members vote to kick them out of the confederation.

Russia has toyed with the thought of moving to AFC before. It would give them an immense advantage in terms of national team level, but would make continental football much less interesting. I wonder that if Russia does so, would Georgia, Azerbaijan, Armenia and Kazakhstan follow?

11 hours ago, TroubleMan said:

Sorta in the spirit of the thread, I guess.  I found something that they took out!

Now there are only 11 preferred formations that a manager can have:

image.png.a6b77011a0ff1f9e8e4f1fcd60f35099.png

In FM22 there were 28 or 29 formations you could choose from.  However, that is also reduced from FM21.  FM21 and FM20 had 47 formations to choose from!  I don't know why they were reduced.

I ran a long term save, polled the formations used, and saw no 4141 formations being used.  It was fairly common for heavy underdog teams in previous FMs.  There were only 11 formations used throughout all leagues.  It was these 11.  I went to the editor, looked here, and this is probably why.  I'm curious as to why they reduced the options.  Maybe it makes the ME easier to balance?

This post is the reason, why SI should talk more here in these forums.

I'm also curious to know about this reduction.

13 hours ago, grade said:

This post is the reason, why SI should talk more here in these forums.

I'm also curious to know about this reduction.

I would say because if the new ME . They don't come on the forums because they get to much abuse and its not their job to be abused

18 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

Russia has toyed with the thought of moving to AFC before. It would give them an immense advantage in terms of national team level, but would make continental football much less interesting. I wonder that if Russia does so, would Georgia, Azerbaijan, Armenia and Kazakhstan follow?

This would be a fairly easy fix in the editor, no? Or are they suspended from everything? I guess Asian can't technically handle another country but you could merge the Koreas or something and see what happens

21 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

It would actually probably be a disadvantage at national team level. They'd have a higher chance of winning the Asian Cup than the Euros, but it'd probably harm their chances at the WC due to the level of their usual opposition being lower. Basically the reason that Australia moved to AFC from OFC, and Kazakhstan moved to UEFA from AFC.

I doubt any others would go. Belarus as a slim possibility due to how tied to russia they are, but not any of those others. I thought Georgia were pretty anti-russia, so they certainly wouldn't go. Plus there's just so much more money in UEFA than AFC, one of the reasons Kazakhstan switched in the first place, and with Azerbaijan pushing for hosting rights for stuff that'd be much more beneficial for them in UEFA than AFC.

3 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

This would be a fairly easy fix in the editor, no? Or are they suspended from everything? I guess Asian can't technically handle another country but you could merge the Koreas or something and see what happens

Internationally it would be. IIRC their national team isn't technically suspended, it's just set to be ignored by all European comps (and not play friendlies) so just moving to Asia alone might get them into Asian competitions. Even if it doesn't they could easily be included with a small edit to the Asian WC qualifiers. Asia possible handled new countries better than any other continent at the international level.

At the club continental level though it's a different story. Asia wouldn't include them, russia are fully blocked from continental competitions and wouldn't even show on the coefficients list, but Asia doesn't work even for countries that do show. I've tried moving Israel and Kazakhstan to Asia and while they appear on the coefficients list they permanently have 0 qualification spots for all competitions. It's actually really annoying.

16 minutes ago, rusty217 said:

It would actually probably be a disadvantage at national team level. They'd have a higher chance of winning the Asian Cup than the Euros, but it'd probably harm their chances at the WC due to the level of their usual opposition being lower. Basically the reason that Australia moved to AFC from OFC, and Kazakhstan moved to UEFA from AFC.

Yeah, you are right, they would lose strength because of less resistance. My point was mainly that they would more easily qualify for the World Cup. But they would become another 'also played'.

Did Kazakhstan every qualify for the Asian Cup actually or did they move before that already?

Anyway, enough real life discussion.

I found something new.  Now a Striker needs to also be decent in the AMC position to have a decent role of False 9 in the striker position.  This is a change from previous versions.  Before all striker roles were unaffected by the person's position score in a different position.  In fact, any position's roles were not affected by any other position until FM23.

Here is an example.  We have a person with identical attributes in FM22 and FM23.  Their CA is 160.  Their position score is 20 in Striker, but 1 in every position:

image.png.71e46f6846470a02a377739ae057e871.png

Here are his role scores in FM22:

image.png.918ab2c0ca5833c4867c150213326115.png

Here are his role scores in FM23:

image.png.21dd703504b911b3b19c05861a105598.png

Again, this is the same person with the same exact attributes, identical in every way.  Look how far the False Nine position dropped.

To raise the False 9 role score, I have to give him some ability at AMC!  Here's when I change it to 8:

image.png.f44d6fe6f0e908f98058353025c20265.png

image.png.b6cc67dabcc1aab8a92f8b8b98df6e5a.png

Notice the F9 went up to 137.

When I change AMC to 15, take a look:

image.png.f44462b091407adbec03ec3cf5bb4213.png

image.png.8c938d3664bb30a0c8d9bc18fad88f4d.png

It goes up to 152.  A striker now cannot be that good (relative to his CA) as a False 9, if he's not also good at AMC, as well.

Other notes:

All attributes are filled in with no zeros (a zero means the game can/will assign it in game to fill up the CA), so that's not affecting it.  Also, the CA did not rise when adding the AMC position, also not affecting it.  It appears the CA multipliers for attributes in the STC and AMC positions are close enough to not rise the CA.

This is new to FM23.  This is the first time (that I'm aware of) that a person's role score in one position is affected by a person's ability in a different position. 

Edited by TroubleMan
grammar and clarity

https://www.footballmanager.com/the-byline/how-weve-improved-game-editor-fm23

WORK PERMITS

We know a lot of managers like unearthing hidden gems from the furthest corners of the globe. There’s nothing worse than when the paperwork comes back and suddenly you’re denied. No work permit. You’re left with the choice of cancelling the deal or looking for a long-term loan out somewhere else. Now though, the IGE empowers you to add or remove work permits to any player in any team. 

Not only does this have benefits for your team, but you could take it upon yourself to knock a rival’s title bid off-track when their star player suddenly loses their work permit. That’s not something you heard from us, okay? 

SUBSTITUTION RULES AND VAR

In recent times we’ve seen how substitution rules have changed, with some club’s transport going double-decker in order to fit the required squad onboard. With the IGE you can now change any competition’s sub rules at any point of the season, allowing you more, or fewer options from the bench. 

Given you’re already rewriting the rulebook, whether you’re a fan of VAR or not, that’s something you can now look to introduce or remove per competition too.

SPONSORSHIP AND FINANCES

In previous editions of Football Manager you were already able to top up the bank account but you can now go much deeper by editing sponsorship deals and income streams for longer-term financial rewards. Likewise, if you’re joining a club with a sea of red on the balance sheets, those outstanding loans can now be made to disappear, giving you much more flexibility to start again financially and do things your way.

TRANSFER CLAUSES

Hopefully you already know that any player of your choosing can be yours thanks to the IGE. What you may not know is that now there are extra benefits for FM23, as you can look to add a number of transfer clauses to sweeten the deal. 

Whether you want a sell-on or buy-back clause, or perhaps their former club to contribute wages to your new signing, there’s more finesse available to your deals thanks to the IGE. You can also cancel future transfers which you previously had no control over where a player would be due to join or leave. Also, if you’re feeling patient and don’t mind waiting, you can now add in a future date for a transfer to take place.

You may worry with all these major changes taking place, players could start to get upset, but in FM23 we’ve made it more convenient than ever to edit the entire club’s morale with just a simple click, meaning you’re able to turn that frown upside down and instantaneously have everyone go from abysmal to perfect. 

RETIRING A SQUAD NUMBER

For those of you building a legacy or just feeling a bit superstitious, you can now retire specific squad numbers. If you want to honour the fans directly or highlight how much of a legend your favourite newgen was, that shirt will forevermore remain on the changing room peg. 

There are plenty of other tweaks, changes and customisation options available via the IGE, which is available for purchase via the in-game stores across Epic Games, Microsoft Store and Steam for Football Manager 2023. 

Edited by HurkaDurk69
for the lazy

5 hours ago, HurkaDurk69 said:

SPONSORSHIP AND FINANCES

In previous editions of Football Manager you were already able to top up the bank account but you can now go much deeper by editing sponsorship deals and income streams for longer-term financial rewards. Likewise, if you’re joining a club with a sea of red on the balance sheets, those outstanding loans can now be made to disappear, giving you much more flexibility to start again financially and do things your way.

This is interesting. Does that mean you can edit competition prize money and TV revenue now? Or is it just club specific finances? Anybody with the IGE that can confirm?