[FM23][SKIN] The Annual Show Your Skin thread

TCSSkin

4 minutes ago, hrmantovani said:

I really like your idea of the tabs! I love screenshotting stuff when I play (kinda like the careers from the forum but I keep it only on my PC) and stats are a great part of it. Your skin makes it really easy to cycle through player and team stats to screenshot them in a few seconds. Also 8 stats with 5 players each on the main screen seems better than 12 with 3. I'll be following your skin progress here! Could you share a screenshot of the Team Detailed tab?

Of course...

105193da25ce55475b9d4877ed32ac64.png

Again, can't get the titles to show up for home form/away form/passes in final third for/passes in final third against! It's just pulling from a - now edited - competition team stats overview.xml

Also managed to play around with some slightly extra tabs, too.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Jellico73 said:

@_Ben_ It looks like you could fit 5 or 6 more tabs in there if you wanted too...oh there are so many options to experiment with...

I don't want to put them in for the sake of it - i.e. if I can click twice to get there, one click isn't too much of a saving, unless I'm playing with the view. I have these now:

1 hora atrás, _Ben_ disse:

I don't want to put them in for the sake of it - i.e. if I can click twice to get there, one click isn't too much of a saving, unless I'm playing with the view. I have these now:

I followed your steps and I'm now trying to play with tabs based on Tato's. Sadly the little line for the tabs make it impossible to show 12 stats so I went with 8 stats with 5 players each at the cost of a slightly distorted competition reputation panel

Could you share the code for the Transfers tab? I'm still trying to understand tabs better (these tabs are the exact ones from Tato) and although I understand the code for the tabs I don't know where to find the "widget class" name for the tabs.

image.thumb.png.9831e35e735dafc3faf1fc98074fa7c7.png

Edited by hrmantovani

9 hours ago, hrmantovani said:

I followed your steps and I'm now trying to play with tabs based on Tato's. Sadly the little line for the tabs make it impossible to show 12 stats so I went with 8 stats with 5 players each at the cost of a slightly distorted competition reputation panel

Could you share the code for the Transfers tab? I'm still trying to understand tabs better (these tabs are the exact ones from Tato) and although I understand the code for the tabs I don't know where to find the "widget class" name for the tabs.

Wow great work. Any chance you could share ?

3 horas atrás, karlcole disse:

Wow great work. Any chance you could share ?

Sorry man, I'll only have access to my PC on Tuesday now... I have shared a similar file yesterday so if you want I can help you edit it to look like the screenshot above.

In the mean time you can try the file I'm sending now. I edited it on my phone so I haven't tested but I think it will look the same as the screenshot. Just remember that to get the EXACT same look you have to download TCS4 skin from last year, copy its 'competition' folder and replace the file below inside. 

competition overview panel.xml

Edited by hrmantovani

31 minutes ago, hrmantovani said:

Sorry man, I'll only have access to my PC on Tuesday now... I have shared a similar file yesterday so if you want I can help you edit it to look like the screenshot above.

In the mean time you can try the file I'm sending now. I edited it on my phone so I haven't tested but I think it will look the same as the screenshot. Just remember that to get the EXACT same look you have to download TCS4 skin from last year, copy its 'competition' folder and replace the file below inside. 

competition overview panel.xml 8.06 kB · 0 downloads

Legend will try it out later. Thanks man 

17 hours ago, GIMN said:

Yes, I released a skin last year similar with graphical attributes rather than numerical, and the same approach is taken this year (just with the various screens disabled), so if I want to reincorporate it's just a minor change to a sections file.  I will be releasing, but I do not expect to do so before the full-game is out.  I've started up a new save now to play through and see if I can identify any last bits with white text.

I haven't shared the Google Apps Script and not sure the best way to go about doing so.  I don't really want to be sharing my name or email address (not that I'm an interesting enough of a person to be concerned about any great risk).  I'll think on this.

If you need any help testing the panels out I would be glad to help, really looking forward for a light looking skin!!! If not I'll patiently wait!

Em 02/11/2022 em 13:55, FmTuga disse:

It´s the competition overview stage...have a look at the one i use

competition overview stage.xml 3 kB · 12 downloads

15 horas atrás, hrmantovani disse:

spacer.png

Thank you both. Not much of a stats guy but this is what i want to see in my first visit to the competition overview.

Edited by PequenoGenio

45 minutes ago, RogerC said:

If you need any help testing the panels out I would be glad to help, really looking forward for a light looking skin!!! If not I'll patiently wait!

That's kind - I'll give you a shout when it's close.  I'll almost certainly appreciate other people having a check for any bugs, feedback on different resolutions, etc...

Now time for some controversy - and this is likely to only be included on my personal version (e.g. not released) - I've redone the tablet: made it landscape, tried to get it close to 16:10 resolution, removed the fade when the ball goes behind it and severely restricted which widgets are available (shot maps, pass maps, and player stats only).  Will eventually remove general info and body language, too (as this can give you information about the opposition you wouldn't necessarily have available, whilst you're able to find it out for your own players from the console at the bottom).

image.png.aca03bf4b014d15f11a1927cdb562793.png

1 minute ago, GIMN said:

That's kind - I'll give you a shout when it's close.  I'll almost certainly appreciate other people having a check for any bugs, feedback on different resolutions, etc...

Now time for some controversy - and this is likely to only be included on my personal version (e.g. not released) - I've redone the tablet: made it landscape, tried to get it close to 16:10 resolution, removed the fade when the ball goes behind it and severely restricted which widgets are available (shot maps, pass maps, and player stats only).  Will eventually remove general info and body language, too (as this can give you information about the opposition you wouldn't necessarily have available, whilst you're able to find it out for your own players from the console at the bottom).

This is looking really smart mate. When you likely to release, on release date?

15 minutos atrás, GIMN disse:

I've always been an admirer of white/light skins in FM and yours is leaving like this:
spacer.png

2 minutes ago, karlcole said:

This is looking really smart mate. When you likely to release, on release date?

I think, realistically, around a week after.  Only minor changes needed now, and I'm playing through a save right now just to see if there's any lingering bits I've missed.  I expect it will be mostly news items.  Then on release, I'll check through to see if anything has changed (usually there's one or two things).  Finally I need to work out options - my initial thoughts are:

• Themes (different setting files for different accent colours)
  • No attributes, graphical attributes, normal attributes
  • Resolutions (currently built for 1440x2560, 110% zoom)

1 minute ago, GIMN said:

I think, realistically, around a week after.  Only minor changes needed now, and I'm playing through a save right now just to see if there's any lingering bits I've missed.  I expect it will be mostly news items.  Then on release, I'll check through to see if anything has changed (usually there's one or two things).  Finally I need to work out options - my initial thoughts are:

Great work mate looking forward to getting my hands on this 👍 as above if you need any testing I’m on FM most nights and happy to help any way I can.

1 minuto atrás, GIMN disse:

Do you gonna have it like last year (team/competition colours)?

(Apologies for spamming the thread)

Whilst we're doing competition screens, I have (again) kept things rather sparse:

image.thumb.png.2b8a958ee7d83bde55d03f53b6dad368.png

17 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

105193da25ce55475b9d4877ed32ac64.png

I see you managed to get the stats ticker working on your competition page!  What's the secret?  Everything I've tried has failed (I've wanted to add it to the Competition Overview and to the Home page, too)

2 minutes ago, PequenoGenio said:

Do you gonna have it like last year (team/competition colours)?

At this moment, I'm not planning to.  If I can stick to a variety of colour themes, which just require replacing the settings file it will cut down a lot of work for me.  Here's my skins folder from last year:

image.png.f90f3276fcf63028dc865cb68bef46a4.png

Every time I had to make a change, I had to do it 8 times.  If it was a sizeable change, and it affected an area with primary or secondary text, it wasn't even an easy copy/paste job.  I'm hoping that if I instead focus on just needing to make changes to the colours in the settings file it will be relatively easy to switch between themes.  I need to set some proper rules for which colours go where (e.g. consistent colour of titles inside accent-coloured boxes, consistent colour of titles inside background-colour boxes, etc...) and that should allow more flexibility with the different themes.

Sorry if this isn´t the right place but in the past with (BIG) help i turn my player profile like this but one thing that is missing is the icons with the players status (wnt, inj, etc)

spacer.png

It's possible to do it? It's "easy"? and how?
And if not in that place at leat in the shirt.

Edited by PequenoGenio

2 minutos atrás, GIMN disse:

At this moment, I'm not planning to.  If I can stick to a variety of colour themes, which just require replacing the settings file it will cut down a lot of work for me.  Here's my skins folder from last year:

image.png.f90f3276fcf63028dc865cb68bef46a4.png

Every time I had to make a change, I had to do it 8 times.  If it was a sizeable change, and it affected an area with primary or secondary text, it wasn't even an easy copy/paste job.  I'm hoping that if I instead focus on just needing to make changes to the colours in the settings file it will be relatively easy to switch between themes.  I need to set some proper rules for which colours go where (e.g. consistent colour of titles inside accent-coloured boxes, consistent colour of titles inside background-colour boxes, etc...) and that should allow more flexibility with the different themes.

If make one change in one skin is time consuming i only can imagine do it in 8.

20 hours ago, GIMN said:

Yes, I released a skin last year similar with graphical attributes rather than numerical, and the same approach is taken this year (just with the various screens disabled), so if I want to reincorporate it's just a minor change to a sections file.  I will be releasing, but I do not expect to do so before the full-game is out.  I've started up a new save now to play through and see if I can identify any last bits with white text.

I haven't shared the Google Apps Script and not sure the best way to go about doing so.  I don't really want to be sharing my name or email address (not that I'm an interesting enough of a person to be concerned about any great risk).  I'll think on this.

I fully respect your decision and will be glad for anything you decide to share. Now I'm working on translating the game into Czech, so I'm going to play the full version of the game. If you share your SKIN after official release, then I'll be happy. And I also volunteer for a possible test, I have the game installed and I can test SKIN on a laptop in FullHD or on a desktop in QHD.

Just now, karlcole said:
6 hours ago, hrmantovani said:

competition overview panel.xml 8.06 kB · 5 downloads

Hi mate,

how would i get the tabs across the top with manager movements etc?

cheers

4 hours ago, GIMN said:

(Apologies for spamming the thread)

Whilst we're doing competition screens, I have (again) kept things rather sparse:

image.thumb.png.2b8a958ee7d83bde55d03f53b6dad368.png

I see you managed to get the stats ticker working on your competition page!  What's the secret?  Everything I've tried has failed (I've wanted to add it to the Competition Overview and to the Home page, too)

Line 69 onwards in there! It's not that I 'made it work' - I merely moved the whole panel across. I did have four of them showing but I couldn't work out how to stop them all showing, and rotating through, the same statistics!

competition news side panel.xml

First little play with fonts in FM...

Gone for the Champions League font as it's quite nice. Working through, changing little bits here and there. This is how it looks on the Player Profile:

c536499e5ee10968702a26679016488a.png

Thoughts?

Edited by _Ben_
Updated font size in a couple of things.

19 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

Gone for the Champions League font as it's quite nice. Working through, changing little bits here and there. This is how it looks on the Player Profile:

Thoughts?

Looks good, and clearly has the extended alphabet in it, hate finding one and then its got non of the accents in the free version.. grr

3 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

Line 69 onwards in there! It's not that I 'made it work' - I merely moved the whole panel across. I did have four of them showing but I couldn't work out how to stop them all showing, and rotating through, the same statistics!

competition news side panel.xml 6.11 kB · 5 downloads

Ta very much.  Looks like I wasn't giving the prozone container enough height - managed to get it working by creating a new prozone xml.

image.thumb.png.43de7df084c8bb6448a54a2b620f7682.png

4 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

Thoughts?

Looks pretty good.  

3 hours ago, GIMN said:

I've developed the touchline tablet idea a little more.  No more notable events or dugout panel.  If you want information during the match you need to pull up the tablet.  If you're looking at the tablet, you're not able to focus fully on the game going on (it is also the only thing that appears in between highlights):

image.gif.79aa62637ce670000b0758c7ccf65297.gif

Mate. This is amazing. You’re a skinning wizard.

4 hours ago, GIMN said:

I've developed the touchline tablet idea a little more.  No more notable events or dugout panel.  If you want information during the match you need to pull up the tablet.  If you're looking at the tablet, you're not able to focus fully on the game going on (it is also the only thing that appears in between highlights):

any thoughs for relaese it?

4 hours ago, GIMN said:

Wow unreal stuff this! Could be the GOAT skin!

11 hours ago, wkdsoul said:

Looks good, and clearly has the extended alphabet in it, hate finding one and then its got non of the accents in the free version.. grr

With the Champions League now licensed, I’ve actually used the in game font - just changing over most ‘GT-America…’ stuff to that font. It’s quite a bit more time consuming than renaming the font, which I’ve done in the past, but has allowed me to resize a few things and play with the bold/not bold areas myself. 

9 hours ago, GIMN said:

Ta very much.  Looks like I wasn't giving the prozone container enough height - managed to get it working by creating a new prozone xml.

image.thumb.png.43de7df084c8bb6448a54a2b620f7682.png

Where is that sitting on that page? I’d contemplated making a horizontal panel that runs across the whole page - like the Sky Sports ticker, almost. 

36 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

Where is that sitting on that page? I’d contemplated making a horizontal panel that runs across the whole page - like the Sky Sports ticker, almost. 

Right along the bottom.  I toyed with the idea of changing the top blue box to the background colour and putting the ticker underneath, but think I prefer it as an appendage to the page.  It gets less focus at the bottom, but the main reason I'll be viewing this page is for the stats and league table.

image.thumb.png.692e09fe01065c5e2c3d49ea082ad5ee.png

3 hours ago, milenec11 said:

any thoughs for relaese it?

Yes, I will, and have detailed in previous posts as to likely timescale/plans.

2 hours ago, GIMN said:

Right along the bottom.  I toyed with the idea of changing the top blue box to the background colour and putting the ticker underneath, but think I prefer it as an appendage to the page.  It gets less focus at the bottom, but the main reason I'll be viewing this page is for the stats and league table.

image.thumb.png.692e09fe01065c5e2c3d49ea082ad5ee.png

Yes, I will, and have detailed in previous posts as to likely timescale/plans.

do you believe that with the official game release will have the joy to have your amazing job released?!?!?!?!?!

I know not many people are using the Player Attributes screen in custom skins but I like to change it during saves and I wanted to match it with the Player Overview in some way so I edited and adapted it recently. Mainly in terms of using the same style of personal details, stats and selectors.

I made the personal details even with primary/secondary colour (the last picture) but I'm not sure about it right now so I will give it a time.

1181275213_PatrikSchick_Profile.thumb.png.243b3b51ffbbe4a9981ebde8d87b4909.png691561846_PatrikSchick_Attributes.thumb.png.7f4c971b47c5ed09a37c012a61a307ef.png1184911251_GuidoBurgstaller_Attributes.thumb.png.f396da9438828a4e9ebed6bb9edf65bf.png

18 minutos atrás, keysi disse:

I know not many people are using the Player Attributes screen in custom skins but I like to change it during saves and I wanted to match it with the Player Overview in some way so I edited and adapted it recently. Mainly in terms of using the same style of personal details, stats and selectors.

I made the personal details even with primary/secondary colour (the last picture) but I'm not sure about it right now so I will give it a time.

1181275213_PatrikSchick_Profile.thumb.png.243b3b51ffbbe4a9981ebde8d87b4909.png691561846_PatrikSchick_Attributes.thumb.png.7f4c971b47c5ed09a37c012a61a307ef.png1184911251_GuidoBurgstaller_Attributes.thumb.png.f396da9438828a4e9ebed6bb9edf65bf.png

This looks fantastic, mate.

I'm a huge fan of the Player Attributes screen, I've been using as the default since forever. To see these possibilities you thought of, especially the incorporation of the five stat groups and other details makes me want to learn how to do something similar.

3 minutes ago, lugui said:

This looks fantastic, mate.

I'm a huge fan of the Player Attributes screen, I've been using as the default since forever. To see these possibilities you thought of, especially the incorporation of the five stat groups and other details makes me want to learn how to do something similar.

The boxes with stats are mainly the work by @_Ben_ who made it perfectly within his skin, I only took it and tweaked it to my liking - changed the container class, sizes of font and colours etc. The rest is just a fantasy. I like the personal details part here as I took advantage of the fact I already had these small widgets with icons prepared from the Player Overview, so I only adapted them to this smaller space.

1 hour ago, keysi said:

For what it's worth, I think the primary/secondary box works well - it helps to give a solid break between the player details and the attributes.

Hey @GIMN ! Your skin looks like a futuristic, minimalist system interface from a sci-fi movie. :cool:

I'm listening to some chill synth music and l'm looking at your posts. They're amazing. Feels like someone is trying to wake up Adam Lallana from a cryo-sleep. 

On 26/10/2022 at 08:49, GIMN said:

image.gif.71389cfdd0b1bf0d3a59a15c500ea9a4.gif

On 02/11/2022 at 02:47, GIMN said:

image.thumb.png.2e7b38c1d359b74bee948adc93b92b7e.png

With the Champions League font added, I've tried to add a few more touches, including trying to match up some of the graphics, like this starting line up. I've created the below but am now trying to change the colour to primary so that it amends for whatever team I'm looking at. Not sure if I can do it though or even if I like it!

09eaebdd7f2cbbfd35ec8517a66ef410.png

6 hours ago, keysi said:

I like the middle one most, but they are all very good.

On 02/11/2022 at 23:22, hrmantovani said:

Sure! This is the panel file itself. I'm using the WTCS5 skin this year, but I copied the "competition" folder from his last year skin, TCS4, and only changed the file I'm sending. So adding the GF+GA in the table was not my work.

competition overview panel.xml 9.3 kB · 10 downloads

Hi! I'm just going through the posts and I couldnt miss the opportunity to ask something before I begin my modding journey and maybe forget your post :)

Do you know if there is a way to pull xA p90 and xG p90 for that panel? Expected Assists and Expected Goals per 90 min? 

Thanks in advance!

I just saw the table with the codes. My bad.

Edited by <<Macaco-RJ88>>
I read the solution in another post.

Some familiar, yet legally distinct panels for social media and news:

image.thumb.png.103aafb9186c0c686835e4f1fe6435e8.png

image.thumb.png.4661c00e29b2a2b4545b243c99e70e0f.png

Going to see if I can try and change the Club Info page to resemble a team website page.  Might be biting off more than I can chew.

39 minutos atrás, GIMN disse:

Going to see if I can try and change the Club Info page to resemble a team website page.  Might be biting off more than I can chew.

AMAZING!

Lunch this :)

1 hour ago, GIMN said:

what do you think if at tactic panel the green filed was the white board of some coach like that .........

WS59134-36X24__30697.png

Edited by milenec11
wrong spelling