Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, SuperRedditch said:
17 hours ago, Reiver said:

When he first showed up:

e491da58c9ca9274478bd6274e99fac5.png

And now:

20a26169c6563bbdb8e8cbcbbb84e0b5.png

It's possible his personality's behind it - I've brought him up to my first team as he would be my 4th best defender, but I'm considering shipping him back to the youth team and bringing someone else up that would be more likely to develop. The only issue is, the other option is Fickle...

a8754f444796cd5b411482bd4e3818e5.png

Expand  

It's 100% his personality. Unambitious is almost the worst you can get (along with Slack, Casual, Low Determination). Fickle is okay, he'll have decently high ambition but low loyalty. Fickle can develop.

Mentoring has really helped with this for me, I had an Unambitious 17 year old that I needed for first team cover, so promoted him to the seniors and paired him with a Fairly Ambitious player. By the end of the season he'd hit Low Determination which if my old numbers are still valid means his Ambition went over 5, and prior to our season 2 opener he's at Fairly Sporting as his Determination climbed to 6. It's a shame he'll never really trouble the first team having been superceded by last year's intake, but it's been good to see it in action.

Ah, you got sacked anyway.

Since any of the other game ideas I have for FM23 need access to the editor, I am back here with another try / in another league, starting at a slightly higher level, and with some additional challenges.

7991.png?lm=1501411248

Salzburger Athletiksport-Klub 1914, SAK for short, is the oldest football team in the state of Salzburg, and until WWII was the biggest team in the state, After the war they lost the spot to Austria Salzburg and later to Energy Drinks FC. Freddy Adu is here to change that. Our goal isn't just to win the Champions League. On our way there we want to go all out to be the best team in Salzburg - overtaking Sports Beverages FC will have a special taste in the save. (Or we'll die trying, getting sacked is a real hazard when playing this way). 

2 hours ago, Reiver said:

Since any of the other game ideas I have for FM23 need access to the editor, I am back here with another try / in another league, starting at a slightly higher level, and with some additional challenges.

7991.png?lm=1501411248

Salzburger Athletiksport-Klub 1914, SAK for short, is the oldest football team in the state of Salzburg, and until WWII was the biggest team in the state, After the war they lost the spot to Austria Salzburg and later to Energy Drinks FC. Freddy Adu is here to change that. Our goal isn't just to win the Champions League. On our way there we want to go all out to be the best team in Salzburg - overtaking Sports Beverages FC will have a special taste in the save. (Or we'll die trying, getting sacked is a real hazard when playing this way). 

Ehm, I think you made your manager a bit too good. You need to start without badges&experience. This is not allowed, sorry man.

Hi all,

I'm looking to start a youth only save with Ishøj IF in the lowest tier of Denmark when the full game comes out. They are an amateur side. 

Can any direct me to any threads that have done similar saves?

Any tips when starting out at the amateur levels. I feel like if I start doing well all my players are going to get poached and ill be playing with my u18s or greyed out players! TIA

2 minutes ago, Branst23 said:

Hi all,

I'm looking to start a youth only save with Ishøj IF in the lowest tier of Denmark when the full game comes out. They are an amateur side. 

Can any direct me to any threads that have done similar saves?

Any tips when starting out at the amateur levels. I feel like if I start doing well all my players are going to get poached and ill be playing with my u18s or greyed out players! TIA

Hi,

Ishøj is not eligble for this challenge as they start in the 4th tier the first season, sorry. Other teams such as Holbæk (as I'm playing with), Marienlyst, FC Vestsjælland, or Odder IGF for example are eligble since they start below 3. division initially.

As for being amateur, well, your only hope it to get semi-pro as soon as possible. I lost most of my best players the first few seasons before I got promoted into 2. division and turned semi-pro. I still have a lot of the backups and rotation options on amateur contracts, since I don't care that much if they get poached, but keep the key players in semi-pro deals. There is not much one can do to avoid it, but rather just endure until you can give timed contracts. 

49 minutes ago, XaW said:

Hi,

Ishøj is not eligble for this challenge as they start in the 4th tier the first season, sorry. Other teams such as Holbæk (as I'm playing with), Marienlyst, FC Vestsjælland, or Odder IGF for example are eligble since they start below 3. division initially.

As for being amateur, well, your only hope it to get semi-pro as soon as possible. I lost most of my best players the first few seasons before I got promoted into 2. division and turned semi-pro. I still have a lot of the backups and rotation options on amateur contracts, since I don't care that much if they get poached, but keep the key players in semi-pro deals. There is not much one can do to avoid it, but rather just endure until you can give timed contracts. 

Thanks, aware it doesn't qualify for the challenge but thought this was the best place for advise.

I think on last year you could renew an amateurs contract to the next window and it stopped any contracts being offered to them by different clubs!

h2URR4N.png

xusE8IF.png

One more attempt in England since the last one ended super fast.

jHOZltt.png

Ga8wGjP.png

BK3ww5R.png

The expectations are quite strong for a team with not much facilities wise and just enough players to field.

kEQKqkA.pngy49XgOS.png

Once again using the color scheme in the game for the kits but picking my own design instead of trying to find the real ones. 

1305594345_Skrmbillede(127).thumb.png.b177e324673f433277f5a464f161ab9b.png

First sack in a long time. Cant say I fault them, we were abysmal and I couldnt seem to fix it. Kinda annoying they waited after the 4 month winter break to fire me before the first game though :( 

But with a league table like this

2132558829_Skrmbillede(130).thumb.png.5357d9b943ee4799d4e1a14523a17d84.png

And results like these

642351844_Skrmbillede(131).thumb.png.93e992fb7a92538de06b74534c81ec03.png

Yeah... Wasnt looking great, our defence was especially bad, had some kinda hilarious games though like the 6-8 loss and 4-7 as well in the cup.

Edited by Streetpete

26 minutes ago, Streetpete said:

1305594345_Skrmbillede(127).thumb.png.b177e324673f433277f5a464f161ab9b.png

First sack in a long time. Cant say I fault them, we were abysmal and I couldnt seem to fix it. Kinda annoying they waited after the 4 month winter break to fire me before the first game though :( 

But with a league table like this

2132558829_Skrmbillede(130).thumb.png.5357d9b943ee4799d4e1a14523a17d84.png

And results like these

642351844_Skrmbillede(131).thumb.png.93e992fb7a92538de06b74534c81ec03.png

Yeah... Wasnt looking great, our defence was especially bad, had some kinda hilarious games though like the 6-8 loss and 4-7 as well in the cup.

Edit. I'm incapable of reading this morning.

Edited by Daddy

How do you guys set up your training schedules when players are part-time? I'm really struggling to see improvements in at least 80% of my young players :( 

Also, do you have them training at double intensity when full fitness?

And any tips around making mentoring more effective other than choosing strong personalities etc.?

Thanks!

13 minutes ago, schnauzer said:

How do you guys set up your training schedules when players are part-time? I'm really struggling to see improvements in at least 80% of my young players :( 

Also, do you have them training at double intensity when full fitness?

And any tips around making mentoring more effective other than choosing strong personalities etc.?

Thanks!

Spoilering my schedule incase others don't want to see it. Obviously better facilities and quality of coaching helps. Also, praise players for training at 7.75 or higher, and criticise them for lower than 6.5. I do this every 2-3 weeks.

Schedule isn't really mine, btw. It's based on Evidence Based Football Manager on youtube, aswell as comments made by FC Cadoni re: FM23.

Spoiler

205073372_Training8.thumb.PNG.dfd896bdc2dd8029e5146f52d69c83bf.PNG

For part-time, I did have double intensity only at the highest fitness stage. I didn't bother with mentoring as my squad is too young (even the eldest are under 20).

Edited by SuperRedditch

4 minutes ago, SuperRedditch said:

Spoilering my schedule incase others don't want to see it. Obviously better facilities and quality of coaching helps. Also, praise players for training at 7.75 or higher, and criticise them for lower than 6.5. I do this every 2-3 weeks.

Schedule isn't really mine, btw. It's based on Evidence Based Football Manager on youtube, aswell as comments made by FC Cadoni re: FM23.

Hide contents

205073372_Training8.thumb.PNG.dfd896bdc2dd8029e5146f52d69c83bf.PNG

Cheers! This is what confuses me about my players not improving as we have average training facilities, my typical training schedule looks quite similar to yours, and I have comfortably the best coaching set up in the league (see below)

image.png.de31c6de0cbf7612dc759024ad95bbf1.png

It feels like I'm doing something wrong or missing something but I have no idea what it is. I guess it could just be down to some players simply not improving due to their personalities, but I have players with 'fairly professional' personalities and even one 'driven' player not improving at all!

1 minute ago, schnauzer said:

Cheers! This is what confuses me about my players not improving as we have average training facilities, my typical training schedule looks quite similar to yours, and I have comfortably the best coaching set up in the league (see below)

image.png.de31c6de0cbf7612dc759024ad95bbf1.png

It feels like I'm doing something wrong or missing something but I have no idea what it is. I guess it could just be down to some players simply not improving due to their personalities, but I have players with 'fairly professional' personalities and even one 'driven' player not improving at all!

My first couple of intakes did not develop at all. I thought maybe the game was broken. Turns out, I think they were just kinda rubbish and barely had any PA. As soon as I increased the Youth Recruitment/Junior Coaching up a bit, I started getting players that were improving a lot. These were only the ones actually getting first team football though. I know training is supposed to be more important at a young age, but I think it's a bit weird for part-time players.

10 minutes ago, SuperRedditch said:

My first couple of intakes did not develop at all. I thought maybe the game was broken. Turns out, I think they were just kinda rubbish and barely had any PA. As soon as I increased the Youth Recruitment/Junior Coaching up a bit, I started getting players that were improving a lot. These were only the ones actually getting first team football though. I know training is supposed to be more important at a young age, but I think it's a bit weird for part-time players.

That's good to know - I'm only mid-way through season 4 so I guess I need to be patient and trust that the next few intakes will be a lot stronger. Cheers!

30 minutes ago, schnauzer said:

That's good to know - I'm only mid-way through season 4 so I guess I need to be patient and trust that the next few intakes will be a lot stronger. Cheers!

I've noticed in my save match ratings have been crucial in development. Maybe moreso this year than last year. When you're playing 60 games like my team you can go over a month without them ever training as they are either playing or resting.

I've found success with using an A & B set up with that second squad having all youngsters and getting the midweek game. Overplaying young players will stunt their development. Sometimes you have no choice, but if it can be avoided that can help. 

I purposely released all my legacy players kind of early as when they are all team leaders with bad personalities they will passively reduce the hidden traits of your youngsters. Just now starting year 8 I'm back to a normal hierarchy and can begin mentoring players again. 

On intensity for training I have mine set for double when fully fit, normal for green and rest for anything less. Basically train hard if it's a slow week or recover during the busy season. Then I'll ramp down the double for i jury risk players 

Edited by WhiteCat33

2 minutes ago, JLAB said:

So the restart dates for Poland are the 28th June, for new teams, save on the 27th May. @darren1983

Aah, you're heading to Poland! Say hello to my friends at Garbarnia Krakow :D
Good luck mate. Which club you're starting with?

2 minutes ago, Winski said:

Aah, you're heading to Poland! Say hello to my friends at Garbarnia Krakow :D
Good luck mate. Which club you're starting with?

The plan is Motor Lublin, but want to wait until tomorrow to really get going. Also, nobody is doing the challenge in Poland right now, so I thought I'd buck that trend.

3 minutos atrás, JLAB disse:

The plan is Motor Lublin, but want to wait until tomorrow to really get going. Also, nobody is doing the challenge in Poland right now, so I thought I'd buck that trend.

Good luck in Poland :D

@Winski he can win all games, less against Garbarnia Krakow, right ? :lol:

Edited by The7Striker

Club Atlético Bella Vista – Wikipédia, a enciclopédia livre

CLUB ATLÉTICO BELLA VISTA - Introduction

Finances | Staff | Manager Profile

Trying this challenge once again, this time in a country that I have never managed before: Uruguay. The chosen team was Bella Vista, a traditional club from Montevideo who spent a lot of years in Uruguay First Division - they even won the league in 1990 - but in recent years struggled financially and dropped to the Third Division. Now they are back in the Segunda División (Second Division) and I'll try to guide them to glory, Bella Vista had a lot of famous players in Uruguay, most notably Egídio Arévalo Rios, who played in 2010 and 2014 World Cups.

Bella Vista host their games in the José Nasazzi stadium. Board expects us to survive, but we need to have at least a mid-table finish if we want to stay without scare: Uruguay adopts the Average Points (Promedio) system for 2 years. The good thing is: youth intake happens in pre-season and we'll have enough time to prepare them for the season. Here's our youth intake preview.

image.png.798df47391911e122168ed52c27b3ebb.png

And this is our current squad:

image.png.224def07747ac066cc65916df5794ba5.png

3,5* and above players are rated good enough for the league, but we'll surely need improvement to survive and I'm looking to quickly develop two or three youngsters.

and sacked again in England in the third season!

Really came out of nowhere how bad we were, after finishing 8th and only losing squad players over the preseason, I did not see last place coming at all!

2100674054_2022-11-08(3).png.d9d05d735b5be4f15a713f2e8790c1b6.png

It's a shame as I would have loved grooming this player through the team who just came through the intake

893242060_2022-11-08(2).png.5aba8cfa944d5aa365aac1cc75d90a38.png

Going to give England a rest me thinks...

Club Atlético Bella Vista – Wikipédia, a enciclopédia livre

CLUB ATLÉTICO BELLA VISTA - 2023 YOUTH INTAKE

image.png.0673cddac7d33f26b3aa8fe57c11a4b5.png

Mixed feelings about this intake. Three good players in Richard Hernández, Miguel Alonzo and Gonzalo Prieto, they have good personalities. Hernández lacks technical quality, but is super quick. Alonzo for me is the best player of the intake, well rounded and he has a lot of room to improve, specially in mental attributes. Prieto also has a lot of things to improve, but being a good shot stopper already is something that makes me happy.

I have also signed with Nicolás Araújo, Tiago Fernández, Giorgio Rizzo and Matías Martínez.

h2URR4N.png

2023/24 Midtable Review:

TTfhgrD.png

First season so I wasn't sure what to expect, but with a top half expectation from the board I figured this would be a solid team. Unfortunately I lost a few players to start that were on non contracts but Transfer listed. That meant I couldn't delist and sign them. None were great but we have just enough players to field 11 and have a bench of 5 without any gray players. Injuries and suspensions and then we're adding gray players to the lineup. The other issue is I have 3 players in the mid to late 30s that only play striker. Two are grumpy and leaving after this season. However, right now it's all working and we sit in playoffs within striking distance of the top spot in the league. It feels a little bit like fools gold, but I'm hoping for the promotion just in hopes that finances are slightly improved as they're not great right now.

Intake Preview:

HffRDLp.png

Any depth will help.