worst signing in fm 09 so far!!!

godz5

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

kaka, got him for 81million with 20million after 40games for Liverpool and no i did not cheat to bring him in, he played a whole season and scored 2goals for me both in the cup aginst lower teams. one was

Northwich and the other was Luton.

would recomend not to buy him.

Stevan Jovetic.

Signed him for Sunderland at the start of the 2nd season for £14 million, pretty much all of my transfer budget.

He was doing great for half a season, stats were good, scoring for fun but suddenly, and for absolutely no reason, his stats plumetted.

Almost every single stat dropped by 3 to 4 points and he turned from a world class striker to a distinctly average championship striker in a day.

Stuck with him for another 6 games and he failed to average over 6 and because of his huge stats drop I only managed to sell him for about £3 million.

Vanger Love

10.25m to Celtic which was just about my whole budget

fmhn5.png

Pictures say 1000 words! But just to magnify it more... 16 hours!

Never again, never again

I have recently signed Vagner Love for £8million for my Zenit team, was really excited as thought he would be the final piece in the jigsaw to win the RPD after being pipped to the post by Spartek in the first season, and like for you he has been pants, 9 games 0 goals, thats it he's now dropped, going to play Sparcelli who scores vertually everytime I take off Love for him!

Luckily he isn't costing me too much, won 7 drawn 1 and lost 1 of Loves 9 games (and the defeat was 2-1 at Anfield in the Champions League)

Michael "Bollocks" Owen

-Signed Him As He Was Going For Cheap (1st Season , Liverpool , FM.09 )

-Thought He Would Settle In Straight Away As He Was Surrounded By His Favourite Personel

-He Took A Month Recovering From A Previous Injury Played Three Games + No Goals

-Then Got Suddenly Injured For Another 4 Months

You Cannot Be Serious!

All Hail the biggest loser, and why i signed him I dont know, Joey Barton

there goes my £6.75 Million budget on one crabby player

forgot to mention: 4 Red Cards (or 3 cant remember) a hell of a load of yellow cards, one goal, average rating of about 6.05, and i think about 5 assists in his debut season :(

Michael "Bollocks" Owen

-Signed Him As He Was Going For Cheap (1st Season , Liverpool , FM.09 )

-Thought He Would Settle In Straight Away As He Was Surrounded By His Favourite Personel

-He Took A Month Recovering From A Previous Injury Played Three Games + No Goals

-Then Got Suddenly Injured For Another 4 Months

You Cannot Be Serious!

cannot believe this coz it replicates my game! got him for 2 million but spends more time in treatment room than pitch and cannot score to save life when in side!! played 14 scored 2! this is after he had notche up 16 for newcastle before i signed him in january as well. maybe its because he doesnt play well with torres or isnt good for the formation?

enough excuses, i was truly shocked that he cant seem to score

the 'new Drogba' and one time real life Newcastle target Bafetimbi Gomis - £12m for two 8 goal seasons - before cutting my losses and shipping him to Blackburn for £5.5m.

He doesn't appear to have broken into their first choice eleven in his season and and three quarters there.

seems the worst players are the ones who keep the physio busy the most. it is advisable to scout a player before signing him and see if he is susceptable to injuries, rather than buying a player because he has good attributes or likes your club etc

seems the worst players are the ones who keep the physio busy the most. it is advisable to scout a player before signing him and see if he is susceptable to injuries, rather than buying a player because he has good attributes or likes your club etc

Always pays to scout a player in as much depth as you can anyway. :thup:

the 'new Drogba' and one time real life Newcastle target Bafetimbi Gomis - £12m for two 8 goal seasons - before cutting my losses and shipping him to Blackburn for £5.5m.

He doesn't appear to have broken into their first choice eleven in his season and and three quarters there.

if you look at his attributes tho you can see that he is hardly the new drogba before you sign him:rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

When I was scrolling down I noticed someone mention Ben Arfa. He was great for me rotating with Walcott. Adapted very quickly and easily blended in.

Theres a massive trend of strikers and midfielders but how about defenders? My worst defender signing was Glen Johnson on my Milan save. I thought that the team was getting on a bit and Johnson could come in to help with defence but also offer something going forward. How wrong was I... :(

Dean Ashton

got him on 4th season to my Zurich for 8m to replace my Aging Frei

and hasnt scored in 8 games, although he did some assist, but srsly, should i assign him as a Penalty Taker so that he could start scoring from the spot?

utterly ridiculous, planning to sell him for 5m and Arsenal seems to want him icon10.gif

Worst signing for me is Alex Frei for my blackburn team in season 1.

cost me £5.5million and scored 7 goals all season. he just struggled to play up front with anyone. couldnt play with santa cruz, couldnt play as the lone striker!

but sunderland came knocking with an £8million bid (up front) so i "reluctantly" said yes!

Craig mackail-smith Rangers £1m

an absolute disaster

could not be bothered to score from 4 yards out

waste of money

awful stats

not up to it in scotland and europe

he should belong back to peterbrough

only have this as a worst signing so I cannot do a top 5

Hi i am manager of hull and signed befiti gomis for 61mill i had him for 2 years and he never scored gomis should end up playing in none leauge he is that bad, and he got 6 red cards and 19 yellow cards what a waste of money 2 ronaldo brazil refused to play3 andy dawson played him 8 times and scoreed 5 own goals4 altidore 3 yards and hit it wide

well for me its balotelli, he scored alot of goals for inter so i offered about 35 mil... STUPID! he doesnt score at all...

Btw weird how some ppl have bad encounters with Hunterlaar :S in 2 years he was 1 time best player off the world, 2 times he scored most goals in spanish league andd he also gave's alot of assist

Didnt sign him but Andy Johnson for my Fulham team was so wretchedly awful that i offered him mutual termination which ruined fulhams finances but felt good anyway...a stinker of a player

Really? He did a good job for me bagging 12 goals in first 18 games, sadly then broke his leg and out for the season.

Gregory Thil. He was a brilliant player on FM08 and his stats have been toned down a little but he is still a quality player. He costed me 350k and he hasn't been great at all. Still hasn't scored :(. Hopefully he change that against West Brom (my next game) though :D

My worst signing must of been Jason Scotland

I was hull and needed a decent striker who was cheap to partner giovanni up front

my scout recommended him as a decent player

he cost me £1.75 million

scored 4 goals in 27 apperances and rating of 6.38

• 3 months later...

Everyone talks about the bargains they find in the game, and how great certain players are.

But I thought I would be different and talk about who the worst people you have signed are, and also the worst deals you have made.

My Worst signing and deal has to be Chris Kirkland, not long after I first bought the game. I was playing as blackpool and after my third season went up to the Prem. Kirkland was playing for Aston Villa, for whom he signed for for £9mil.

I was determined to get him as was the only keeper with plenty of Prem experience that was willing to join me.

I ended up spending my entire transfer budget of £23mil on him. The the first season he played for me went as follows:

Pre-Season - September = Injured

Rest of season - Played 44, Conceded 91. Average Rating of 5.9.

My defence usually averaged 6 or 7 so it wasn't always there fault.

I sold him the following year to Bolton for £4mil :( (after being relegated) :(

Danny Walker, american striker. Signed him as a striker to Gauthiod in 2012, for about 3 million euros. He played 14 games, scored zero goals, made no assists and had an average rating of 6.2. I shipped him off for 50k euros just to get rid of him. He was totally useless. >_<

you deserve everything you get for spending 23M on Chris Kirkland ffs! Not even Ridleys is that extravagant in the transfer market on our FMO game :D

Like I said, I had just been promoted and needed a decent keeper to stand a chance of competing. I only had Ian Walker (not quite Premier League quality). End of the transfer window was approaching and Villa kept rejecting offers for him.

Certainly learnt from the mistake though, lol

FM07 - Season 4 and I had Sheffield United in a Champions League spot in January, still in League Cup (semis) and easy draw in FA Cup. I wanted a striker to finish off the good work of my wingers (Sherman Cardenas I think and Ashley Young) so I snapped up James McFadden for £7m. Easily our transfer record. Played him through January/February (he was available for League Cup Semi) ...

By end of February, we were out of both cups and down to 8th in Premiership. He hadn't scored or created a goal in about ten games and Young and Cardenas both disliked him. So I had to drop him for most of rest of season - we made Intertoto Cup just.

Happy ending: Reading were relegated so I could finally get Kevin Doyle and they accepted a Part Exchange deal with McFadden. Idiots!

Doyle fired me to the title two years later!

Everyone talks about the bargains they find in the game, and how great certain players are.

But I thought I would be different and talk about who the worst people you have signed are, and also the worst deals you have made.

My Worst signing and deal has to be Chris Kirkland, not long after I first bought the game. I was playing as blackpool and after my third season went up to the Prem. Kirkland was playing for Aston Villa, for whom he signed for for £9mil.

I was determined to get him as was the only keeper with plenty of Prem experience that was willing to join me.

I ended up spending my entire transfer budget of £23mil on him. The the first season he played for me went as follows:

Pre-Season - September = Injured

Rest of season - Played 44, Conceded 91. Average Rating of 5.9.

My defence usually averaged 6 or 7 so it wasn't always there fault.

I sold him the following year to Bolton for £4mil :( (after being relegated) :(

Christ i hope you were sacked.

I bought a dude once for 15 mil and he was rubbish, sold him on 2 years later for less than 5 million. He also sabotaged my Champions league run if I rmemeber correctly (I think he conceded 2 penalties in the quarter final).

Archived