worst signing in fm 09 so far!!!

godz5

Name - Bojan

Club - Barcelona

Fee - free

Signed for - Arsenal(2nd season)

God awful. Couldn't score if he tried. Ended up loaning him back to barca mid season for 3 mill upfront and 16mil perm buyout. Interestingly enough when he went back to barce on loan, he did really well for them. Must have been the lack of adjustment going to english league.

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Simon Vukcevic. Claims to have amc as his natural position and 20 for long shots. i get bored of watching his "long range" shots go flying over. and he plays no more than a six every game. his saving grace was a hat-trick in the uefa cup quarter final to send me through. still, utter balls the rest of the time!

Simon Vukcevic. Claims to have amc as his natural position and 20 for long shots. i get bored of watching his "long range" shots go flying over. and he plays no more than a six every game. his saving grace was a hat-trick in the uefa cup quarter final to send me through. still, utter balls the rest of the time!

He was wonderful for me at Spurs as an AMC. Scored some cracking goals.

Rossi, who I signed for Spurs at a cost of 13.75 million pounds. He is useless both as an AMC and a striker, averaging 6 every game and not scoring and not creating. I ask Kevin Bond for an assessment of the players and EVERY SINGLE TIME he says "Rossi's not having his best game for us" or something similar.

Ignacio Camacho £20m for Barcelona, hardly any potential to improve and plays crap every week, maybe he'll be more consistent when he gets older.

I bought Camacho with Arsenal, start of season 1. He was my MCd beside Fabregas. He played 44 matches, averaged at 6.80 overall, no goals, 2 assists, but on average 5 tackles per game. His job is to defend and give the ball to Fabregas so I'm not bothered about the 6.80 av.

Matt Derbyshire, my whole whooping 1.4 million budget to my relegation threatend barnsley team...

Debut goal, 8.2 performance... then 21 games without a goal, and a average of 5.65, played him in forward role, using him as target man, tried everything... didnt respond to critism or praise... Sold for 3.2 million any ways tho

I bought Camacho with Arsenal, start of season 1. He was my MCd beside Fabregas. He played 44 matches, averaged at 6.80 overall, no goals, 2 assists, but on average 5 tackles per game. His job is to defend and give the ball to Fabregas so I'm not bothered about the 6.80 av.

defensive mids tend to get low rating anyway

bought aguero for 41 mil and 4 games in he has done nothing. we shall see.

Benzema - Had Rooney, Aguero and Balotelli and thought Benzema would give me an awesome front line for a decade. Paid an exhorbitant £40m for him at the start of the second season. He's scored 3 goals by christmas and 2 of those were when Rooney had got sent off and he was the loan striker.

for q.p.r dazogoev cost me 9.5 was a wonderkid, hes happy and settled bu yet to put in a good performance..seriously peeved, as it was a big investment, and was my 6th wonderkid, the other 5 are flying ive now gotta take a loss on the little git and spend more money on a replacement.

got to be either:

Fleck

Ecki

Hobbs

Tiago helano

Mascio

Cascio

tiago helano, if thats teh one from barce, his stats never improved for me in 08, but after 4 seasons he was still a beast in attacking mid, huge av rating and bagged over 20 for me from centre mid

fleck is amazing for my q.p.r team 3 seasons in, a wonderkid whos tearing the prem up.

mascio is doing amazing for reading managed by a friend.

hobbs i agree is woefull..well compared to hobbs in previous versions

i take it all back about Derbyshire, i reloaded after my laptop goosed!... he went 19hours with out scoring.. a record for any player i ve had...

Then.... 10 goals in 3 games, took a knock in the next, next game back 4 goals, player of the month and has Barnsley on verge of the playoffs!!!

Name - Bojan

Club - Barcelona

Fee - free

Signed for - Arsenal(2nd season)

God awful. Couldn't score if he tried. Ended up loaning him back to barca mid season for 3 mill upfront and 16mil perm buyout. Interestingly enough when he went back to barce on loan, he did really well for them. Must have been the lack of adjustment going to english league.

Most players need a season to settle if they are from outside the country your playing in, ive had a few players who were pants and only notched up 6.7's in games over the course of a season, but the 2nd season they were playing out of there skin.

For me, Acousta at 11.5 million pounds. He never settled, didn't play well at all. I let him go at 12.5 million pounds in the third season.

Another will be Laurito (the striker everyone loves). I bought him at 19 million, intending for him to replace Berbatov as a long-term measure. He is literally getting kicked all around for the last season and scored a pathetic 3 goals with 20-30 odd games. This season, he needs to buck up but I think he is acclimatizing after a poor season. I can see him having a future in my club.

I am surprised Camacho did not do well for you. My defensive midfielder constantly gets above 7.0 ratings. I have never seen a single match (maybe 1 or 2) where my defensive midfielder scored lower than 7. And his name? Camacho.

Why did you buy pjanic for £50m

Whats with the idiots on here?

Why do you think?

He's a * player, and he tore my side apart in both legs versus Lyon. They wanted 60mill for him, i offered 50 over 24 months. I had the money...i still have loads of money actually. £90mill!

Still, dont you think that's a bit over the top

not really. They want even more for Benzema...and he looks pretty ordinary in comparison.

All the top rated talents in my game seem to go for outrageous prices. Messi wont be sold for less than £100m, Aguero was bought for £45m...i could go on but i wont.

Got to be Bojan for me i got on a free from Barca after 1st season which was a good thing as i would of be well gutted if i would have paid money for him i had him for 4 years and he scored 14 goals in 89 games did have 22 assists tho sold him for 14mil to valencia.

Diego Tristan from West Ham to Wolves.... labelled by my board as an aberration!

Bofo Bautista from Tigres to Hoffeinheim... looks quality, awesome stats scored one goal in over 1000 minutes.

Fabio Quagirella from Udinese to Man City... biggest waste of 15m EVER!!! Somehow managed to re-coup the full fee back.

Jon Fleck from Rangers to Everton... just couldn't get a rating over the 6 point mark. Got him on a free and sold him for 2.9m.

Roque Santa Cruz from Man City to Everton... paid 20m and just didn't score enough to start with and overall rating wasn't great. Sold for 15m a year later to Man Utd!!! Might of made a mistake there! HAHA!

A Regen named Patrick Palm. Signed him from Man Utd where he tore up the PL but when he got to my Bayern team he was shocking.. he's been out on loan to AC Milan for a season and a half now and he's playing well for them.. but when i had him back for pre season.. he was poor again. I'm still paying Man U his monthly installments aswell!!

I know this isn't a signing but Bojan for the Spanish national team is terrible too.. before i came he scored 6 in 3 but since i've been coach he's scored 0 in 5. and It's not as if i'm a bad coach as I've won the League, Cup(s), Champions League and Euro Super Cup last season with my Bayern Team and still sit top of the Euro Championship group.. He must just not like my tactics..

Robbie Fowler, although reletively inexpensive, was terrible for me. I thought he could be of use in the Championship in my bid for promotion, however I was mistaken. He played one good match, then took about 3 matches to recover. Following this, he just failed to perform and in the end I just had to let his contract expire.

Higuain, for about £11M first season. in 1st season he did alright, then 2nd season he scored 2 goals in 15. then switched him to the wing instead of Wright-Phillips. no more goals but got better ratings. he is now out for 8 months with a Virus (3rd season) and i have Gourcuff there :)

Archived