How do I...

I have shortlisted a whole bunch of players, because they are players at particular positions that I may be interested in approaching in the off-season. It's more like a "next time I need a left back, see what these people are up to" kind of list. 

I really don't need to be bothered any time someone approaches them, but my mailbox is constantly inundated with updates about them. Is there somewhere that those emails can be disabled?

Thanks!

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Jack Joyce said:

The partnership lines are reflective of the player's  past performances when used together, and don't impact performance directly.

So a good link just means that the two players tend to perform well when used in a partnership (get good ratings).

Thanks! ❤️

13 hours ago, steve.battisti said:

I have shortlisted a whole bunch of players, because they are players at particular positions that I may be interested in approaching in the off-season. It's more like a "next time I need a left back, see what these people are up to" kind of list. 

I really don't need to be bothered any time someone approaches them, but my mailbox is constantly inundated with updates about them. Is there somewhere that those emails can be disabled?

Thanks!

In your shortlist untick the box that says "keep scout report up to date"

On 15/12/2023 at 20:22, steve.battisti said:

Thanks!

I've not got the game open at the moment but I'm pretty sure that if you go into the section which lists the teams and people that you are following then one option is to follow people listed in your shortlists which can be toggled on and off.

7 hours ago, Hovis Dexter said:

I've not got the game open at the moment but I'm pretty sure that if you go into the section which lists the teams and people that you are following then one option is to follow people listed in your shortlists which can be toggled on and off.

You mean in the Social Feed? I'll give that a try.

31 minutes ago, steve.battisti said:

Hey, where the heck is the screen where you can compare your players/staff to other teams in the league? I don't mean individually, I mean the screen with bar charts that show you where your attackers are compared to the league, or your coaching, etc.

Squad Planner - Report - Comparison

image.png.a05b441a0a079058f7f7bbd6e090cf56.png

4 minutes ago, whatsupdoc said:

Does training a young player in a new position slow down development or "cost" them ability points? 

They have to adapt in new weightings for the new position. That means, some attributes will go down and then to go up again. Between AMR - AML from the other hand, it's the same, but develop weak foot "eats" a lot CA points.

Attribute Weightings (remain the same for FM24 and numbers coming from Pre-Game Editor).

This question isn't technically in the form of "How do I," but it's in the same vein.

I'm near the end of the season (April) and starting to plan out transfers. I am interested in several GKs, but they are all still under contract. So I offer their clubs transfers, which are all accepted (this is deep in non-league and none of these players have a transfer value). Is there anything negative that happens if I offer transfers to, say, 5 different keepers, end up signing one, and ditch the other four? Like, do I need to be more prudent about NOT over-offering transfers and then bailing out, because it will hurt my reputation, or anything like that?

Thanks!

I am getting a new stadium built. Is there a way I can choose or affect how the stadium is designed without the use of the editor, or is the editor the only way? I don't want to get the editor as I know i'll end up editing too many things and cheating myself lol. I just want a stadium thats got seats all the way around without the corners missing.

ALSO

Is sending players on a leadership course the only way of increasing their leadership?

Edited by coopie54
added info

1 hour ago, N11V11D said:

How can I customize the stadium in the pre-game editor? I want to remove some stands but the tool don’t appear. Thank in advance!

What tool ? You can't customise stadiums in this game? You can only adjust seating and capacity ? There is a way to unlock some stadium features but those don't work that well either

On 21/12/2023 at 00:43, N11V11D said:

You surely can edit stadiums. With the comp editor, it worked perfect in the previous versions. But I wanted to know if it works for FM24.

Not really , I have used it and its very limited on what it can do . 

On 21/12/2023 at 00:43, N11V11D said:

You surely can edit stadiums. With the comp editor, it worked perfect in the previous versions. But I wanted to know if it works for FM24.

This is proberbly what you are looking for 

You need to use the resource archiver to obtain the Comp Editor File from the game files . Once you have got it  Please back it up first before altering it !!!!!

Open the file comp editor\format\database  then open the stadium XML File and find or search for stadium sides

You will see this section

<!-- Stadium Sides -->
      <record>
        <flags id="field" value="Ssds" />
        <translation id="name" translation_id="435709" type="use" value="Stadium Sides[COMMENT: editor; section showing details of sides of a stadium]" />
        <flags id="type" value="list" />
        <boolean id="allow_add" value="true" />
        <boolean id="allow_remove" value="true" />
        <boolean id="allow_move" value="true" />
        <boolean id="debug_only" value="false" />        This line will say true so change it to false 
        <record id="list_item">
          <list id="fields">

Save XML file and then use the Resource Archiver to put the Comp Folder back into the game from where it came from

Open your editor and go to your stadium and you should now see this ( See Below )

I have a player complaining that he wants more 'tactical possession training.' I vaguely recall that, in previous versions, you could choose Tactical under Training, and there was an option called "Possession. Maybe I am misremembering that, but in FM24, there doesn't seem to be any such option under Tactical. So, how do I address his concern?

Also, I have one of those "lacking sufficient quality of depth in goal" that is starting to irritate lots of players (8 of them, to be precise). I'm perfectly content with my keepers, but I have the budget to sign another body if it will keep everyone happy. The thing is, how do I know what will solve the problem? Do I have to bring in a really good keeper? Any old veteran body?

Thanks!

1 hour ago, steve.battisti said:

I have a player complaining that he wants more 'tactical possession training.' I vaguely recall that, in previous versions, you could choose Tactical under Training, and there was an option called "Possession. Maybe I am misremembering that, but in FM24, there doesn't seem to be any such option under Tactical. So, how do I address his concern?

Also, I have one of those "lacking sufficient quality of depth in goal" that is starting to irritate lots of players (8 of them, to be precise). I'm perfectly content with my keepers, but I have the budget to sign another body if it will keep everyone happy. The thing is, how do I know what will solve the problem? Do I have to bring in a really good keeper? Any old veteran body?

Thanks!

For the first question:  Try to assign more coaches (or better coaches) to that column in the Training-Coaches-Edit Coach Assignments screen.

image.png.d501b49c6ec8a4e29d42d5564cad3b50.png

A query that's been raised before, but I've failed to get my head around -

I have a very limited old rig and want to keep processing times reasonable. I have a plan to start a new save with a core of 46 leagues from 12 nations, 7 nations of which are top-tier European nations on view-only, others being lower league Scottish, Welsh and Irish leagues. I load up a small database re players.

The issue is I want to have many regens from about 50 very minor nations (we're talking your Vanuatus, Yemens, Zimbabwes etc) available every season.

What is the effective way of going about it? Is it:

a) load up all players from those nations

b) load up leagues from those nations (from packs made by the likes of Timo, quert2 or Tenshi)

c)  have to do both

d) something else

Thanks in advance

On 25/12/2023 at 00:15, phnompenhandy said:

A query that's been raised before, but I've failed to get my head around -

I have a very limited old rig and want to keep processing times reasonable. I have a plan to start a new save with a core of 46 leagues from 12 nations, 7 nations of which are top-tier European nations on view-only, others being lower league Scottish, Welsh and Irish leagues. I load up a small database re players.

The issue is I want to have many regens from about 50 very minor nations (we're talking your Vanuatus, Yemens, Zimbabwes etc) available every season.

What is the effective way of going about it? Is it:

a) load up all players from those nations

b) load up leagues from those nations (from packs made by the likes of Timo, quert2 or Tenshi)

c)  have to do both

d) something else

Thanks in advance

I am far from an expert in such things, but I do wonder if something like this would help, at least with ensuring the regens populate well: 

So, I started off in tier 10 of the English system. I just got promoted to Vanarama North (or will do in a few weeks when it becomes official). We’ve done comparatively ok at staying afloat financially during these times, with the board injecting cash a bunch of times over the last few seasons. However, last season the fans took over the club and since then, without the cash infusions, we’ve tipped over into a negative bank balance and are now losing around 18k per month. (To be fair, we were losing it before, but the cash injections offset it, so our balance had remained positive.) We are now listed as “insecure.”

In the goals for next season, I’m expected to fix the financial situation. But I can’t see how I can do so. Player and staff wages make up the vast majority of my expenditures, but unless I completely eliminate my staff and wage budget, I won't be able to break even. I thought about selling players, but at this level even my best players have a value of like $15k at most. So I could sell maybe 2 to 4 players and break even for a month or two. We have no youth system at all - no coaches, no players, because I couldn’t afford to keep one.

Even though we’ve been promoted several years in a row, our annual season tickets remain at a not-very-robust . . . 5.

Any ideas for how I can right the ship financially and also not get relegated next season??

I know I can do a friendly with a larger club. I did this last season, but was only able to schedule one such match, and I made a grand total of 2k from it, so that's not even going to make a dent. (Hopefully I can get a bigger club this coming season since I'll be up a league.) A cup run could help, but I know I can't rely on it, and if I have to fire all of my players to cut budget, that seems unlikely.

How can I right this ship financially? Any other options you can see, or is this likely the beginning of the end? I've already started browsing job openings at financially secure clubs...

56 minutes ago, steve.battisti said:

I am far from an expert in such things, but I do wonder if something like this would help, at least with ensuring the regens populate well: 

Wow, that's really interesting. Wish I'd seen it a couple of days ago, before I launched my new mega-save. I think I've got the right number from the right nations at the right processing speed anyway, but he does show me a better way.

Em 30/12/2023 em 14:15, vcpinheiro14 disse:

What are these white dashed lines supposed to indicate?

image.thumb.png.308a083bd9919b1b1571db00e5450549.png

Btw... This bar used for PASSING DIRECTNESS and TRIGGER PRESS is very confusing, sometimes it's described as Less or Shorter when the bar is full, or High and Direct when the bar is half filled. What is supposed to be the Ball Playing Defender's passing directness tweak?

I heard a rumor that when a player is wanted by another team, there is somewhere that you can see why they haven't made an offer, like "Not enough available budget" or something like that. 

I've found a screen where I can see why they want the player, like "Would improve the starting 11." But I can't find anything like what I mentioned above. 

Does this really exist? If so, how do I get to it?

Thanks!

3 hours ago, steve.battisti said:

I heard a rumor that when a player is wanted by another team, there is somewhere that you can see why they haven't made an offer, like "Not enough available budget" or something like that. 

I've found a screen where I can see why they want the player, like "Would improve the starting 11." But I can't find anything like what I mentioned above. 

Thanks!

you find the solution?

On 03/01/2024 at 19:57, steve.battisti said:

Thanks!

It's the same screen. I think the reasons why they aren't making an offer shows if they are only a rumoured interest and not active interest.

image.thumb.png.6f2ef4251e5ed399a45dc86072b3d679.png

How do I get my U-21 team to have any fixtures? I'm in League One, in my fourth season (having started in VNS). My U-18s are in a league, but for some reason my U-21s never have been. I can't find any option to apply to join a league so some advice would be gratefully received.

54 minutes ago, Jellie said:

Hi all, is there a way can I view a list of all the players I've transfer listed?

You can use the squad view filters to show all squads at once:

image.png.e26dea9f098a30629d6cb548aecfbe94.png

Then change the view to Transfer:

image.thumb.png.262425f4759e5337aeb64e6e496337a2.png

On 03/01/2024 at 20:57, steve.battisti said:

Thanks!

Offer him out via TransferRoom and then the game will tell why one of the teams that want your player haven't placed a bid.

Hey guys

When i play co-op save with my friend i want this setting to be on "use wed and sat matches" so we always play games at the same time

but i dont want it to be that setting for when i play solo. how do i make it so i dont have to change it everytime i want to play x save? i want it to stay the same when i play the save

image.png.2b46a4bbd859ca5a8975553cfdc5b582.png

How do I delete completed assignments in the create focus tab (see screenshot)? It's not a big issue, just don't like the look of it :P

Screenshot 2024-01-08 170257.png