Pompeyboyz

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, bestbrother said:

Game of the tournament so far.

I hope these first round ties are not a sign of what's to come. Hopefully things open up in the second fixtures. Still got Germany, Portugal, Spain etc to come. But some cagey games so far. 

25 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Btw, Arnautović's celebration was your typical mentioning of someone's female relatives and it was aimed at Macedonian player for some reason.

It wasnt aimed at a Macedonian Player. It was aimed at the Austrian Fans. 

Alaba tried to shut his mouth because of that also :) 

Edited by Carambau

32 minutes ago, craigcwwe said:

Yes.

Ivica Vastić in 2008 was almost 39.

15 minutes ago, Carambau said:

It wasnt aimed at a Macedonian Player. It was aimed at the Austrian Fans. 

Alaba tried to shut his mouth because of that also :) 

That was later, first he mentioned someone's mother and her reproductive organs. Probably towards Alioski.

Edited by GunmaN1905

9 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

That was later, first he mentioned someone's mother and her reproductive organs. Probably towards Alioski.

Ok, sorry, didnt notice that. And i am very sure it must have been Alioski then 

6 hours ago, mark1985 said:

Gutted I missed this as was doing an exam. Always had a soft spot for Austria and they’re very much my second team after England. Vorwärts Österreich 

Lucky you missed it. Austria won, but looked very average. Individual quality pulled them through, but can't see them going far. 

Never heard of that symbol, but rewatching the replay now and he definitely used those curse words, which are as common as it gets. :D

But šiptar isn't derogatory, it's from their own language.

Shqiptar (definite Albanian form: Shqip(ë)tari; Gheg Albanian: Shqyptar/-i; plural: Shqiptarë/-t, Shqyptarë/-t) is an Albanian ethnonym (endonym), by which Albanians call themselves. They call their country Shqipëria (Gheg Albanian: Shqypnia, Shqipnia).

As far as the cursing at Alioski goes, it's as common as it gets in Balkan. Mentioning someone's mother and nationality, wouldn't look into it too much.

But as I said, I've never heard or seen that supposed white pride symbol, that should be investigated if true.

Also, can't get any more ironic coming from an immigrat. But that's how Balkan people who left for diaspora usually conduct themselves, trying to prove something. :rolleyes:

Only time I've seen that symbol with some sort of Nationalist meaning was in Macedonia actually lol - It means Greater Macedonia with the circle part being Macedonia/North Macedonia (whatever you want to call it) proper and the three fingers being each other part they claim as their own such as Pirin and Aegean Macedonia.

14 minutes ago, craigcwwe said:

That was bizarre. What was Alaba on with? :D 

Arnautovic was screaming Xenophobic insults at the Macedonian supporters.

Edited by Crazy_Ivan

Just now, Marius_R said:

He can't be xenophobic, he has friends from multiple nations. :rolleyes:

I actually can't believe he said that tbh, or I can but one would think people should now realise that's the usual nonsense that comes out of someone's mouth that has just made a racist comment.

3 hours ago, Barry Cartman said:

I got the impression that he was speaking about the mother of his direct opponent specifically. Not very graceful, but that, for me, would be sort of the usual 'banter'. I say give him 1 game for that. (against Oranje, so I wouldn't complain at all ^^ )