Portugal thread

noikeee

I didn't know where to put this, so opened a team thread for usCancelo is out with Covid. Ffs. Irreplaceable. The odds of us having a great tournament just got slashed a fair bit, as he looked absolutely mega in the final friendly, and Nelson Semedo just never looked like half the player Cancelo is in the last few years. 

The yet uncapped Dalot was called up in his place. I'm a bit confused I thought you couldn't replace players anymore. 

By the way Cancelo was vaccinated, along with the whole team, a couple weeks ago. 

Edited by noikeee

8 minutes ago, noikeee said:

I'm a bit confused I thought you couldn't replace players anymore.

If it's illness or injury you can replace players up until 24 hours before your first game (not 24 hours before the start of the tournament).

I saw them the other day during one of the Scotland press conferences and I thought somebody had asked for them, just looked stupid sitting there :D

guess Ronaldo won't be getting that Coke sponsorship down the line

1 minute ago, Tony85 said:

I was going to say he's definitley had a bad deal somewhere along the line with Coca Cola, this was never about his health conscious take on modern food products.

- World class center forward who is the star of the team

- Plenty of options for the final third to the extent there's always some very talented players that sit on the bench

- First 11 has a Man City winger who arrives at the tournament slightly off form

- Options for deeper midfielders look a lot dodgier and not at the level of the attackers

- World class rightback is ruled out of the tournament just mere days before it starts

- The manager has built some credit for results in previous tournaments, but is often criticised for being too defensive. Such as, why always play with 2 holding midfielders?

- The team occasionally shows on the pitch just how much talent it has, but in other periods it really lacks fluidity and doesn't seem to quite know what to do with the ball

- The team starts the tournament with an unconvincing win over a nation that is often called "Eastern Europe" but is actually quite Central.

We're England.