The Ultimate Football Manager Challenge

1 hour ago, vikeologist said:

The honest answer is I don't know because I'm not doing this challenge on FM21. I'm just going on experiences with previous versions.

Having a large database will probably help a lot, but if you get to 2050 or so without an Asian Cup, you may find that there's not many nations left.

That's the way it is with this challenge, folks. It's not guaranteed that any of you will be able to complete it. In one of my attempts I just ran out of Asian nations. (In past versions I've found that China,japan and S Korea give you just one shot).  I also didn't have the Euro, and had lost in the final of the last 2 competitions with Spain (with whom I'd won 3 Nations Leagues. Confederations Cup and a World Cup) , but eventually I'd have won that. 

There's all kind of reasons why one might not be able to complete, and that's not including challenge killing bugs such as the one a few years ago that made the Copa Libertadores stop running. 

In theory the Club World Championship is quite difficult to win. It used to be the Confederations Cup. There are one or two big pitfalls.

What I've enjoyed so far is playing in leagues I'd never even think of loading up. I'd never have managed in the Mexico 2nd division or South Africa. I've got the bug for this now but I'm realistic that I'm not very good at the game so will struggle to do a quarter of this. We'll see though one good job you can knock 3 of in a season but that can also turn to nothing because of 3 own goals from your left back. Suppose that's the appeal of the challenge. Cant wait to knock my first off ,if I wven get there :D

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, vikeologist said:

The honest answer is I don't know because I'm not doing this challenge on FM21. I'm just going on experiences with previous versions.

Having a large database will probably help a lot, but if you get to 2050 or so without an Asian Cup, you may find that there's not many nations left.

That's the way it is with this challenge, folks. It's not guaranteed that any of you will be able to complete it. In one of my attempts I just ran out of Asian nations. (In past versions I've found that China,japan and S Korea give you just one shot).  I also didn't have the Euro, and had lost in the final of the last 2 competitions with Spain (with whom I'd won 3 Nations Leagues. Confederations Cup and a World Cup) , but eventually I'd have won that. 

There's all kind of reasons why one might not be able to complete, and that's not including challenge killing bugs such as the one a few years ago that made the Copa Libertadores stop running. 

In theory the Club World Championship is quite difficult to win. It used to be the Confederations Cup. There are one or two big pitfalls.

Ok no worries. I will just have to see how I get on with it.

3 hours ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

I only have Argentina, Brazil, China and South Africa leagues loaded up at the moment. I can't remember what I did for the database but I think it was just a large database with nothing extra loaded. I forgot to load international players from all the continents. 

Have I ballsed up and will I have to start again ?

I only ask cos of needing to get international jobs for the challenge.

In my set up I added all international Asian players, but that was the only change that I made.

I'm in 2036 (I think) and the international teams are fine for me as it is, just starting to notice the overall player count starting to decrease a touch. 

Some relatively big clubs in playable leagues I've had loaded from the start have a few greyed out players in the youth teams. Seems to be a known issue with some teams only creating 3 or 4 Newgens per intake.

29 minutes ago, Safe Hands said:

What I've enjoyed so far is playing in leagues I'd never even think of loading up. I'd never have managed in the Mexico 2nd division or South Africa. I've got the bug for this now but I'm realistic that I'm not very good at the game so will struggle to do a quarter of this. We'll see though one good job you can knock 3 of in a season but that can also turn to nothing because of 3 own goals from your left back. Suppose that's the appeal of the challenge. Cant wait to knock my first off ,if I wven get there :D

Yeah that's why I've stuck with this challenge, even if I never get the chance to complete it, this has been my favourite save on any FM for a while.

(Excluding my AFCON quarter final curse)

SEASON 5

See the source image

-SANTOS-

I applied for the spurs job at the end of last season and got an interview but they went with Setien (old barca manager) so I was back for another slog in Brazil!

PRE SEASON/TRANSFERS

The initial January window (when the season starts in brazil) went well but the mid season during the summer window we lost 3 key player to release clauses.

Hudson was a painful loss as he was by far and away the best player in the league!

image.thumb.png.ad6d52e24c212b85ae0444d3a8c25d82.png

Tete was the big money buy brought back to Brazil from the Ukraine to fill in on the right after the loss of Hudson & Figueroa.

Couldn't turn down the chance to sign Gomez when it came about (I mean look at him) and his goals were vital towards the end of the season.

image.png.8b1c0c3689a389e515d5ef2d2e85ba12.pngimage.png.85325ac1d9de651780b2a3224f180a61.png

SAO PAULO STATE CHAMPIONSHIP

After blitzing the league format as per last season we narrowly defeated Guarani in the quarters 1-0.

However we went one worse than last season and fell at semi final stage to Bragatino 1-0 after my left winger had a loss of head and got sent off after 20 mins

COPA DO BRASIL (BRAZILIAN FA CUP)

image.png.b34f653581949fef1b197050f93303c6.png

Another semi final defeat..... This was beginning to feel and look like another season of frustration

COPA LBERTADORES

image.png.465ce6d13e1213e8f58ce607d2671e5a.png

Easily navigated the group stage with a 100% record

image.png.b6975fce2db34e0d464be8a100381e9f.png

image.png.653a8ef36937a1f8b54623835ce284b5.png

image.png.7878224c03b1b02a3027cfaca9bbd0a1.png

image.png.cdf9c8ee66ae64fc61a7eb4e16e1c0d0.png

The defending copa libertadores champions Gremio in the final (they also knocked me out of the cup) !

image.png.d09c89fa70fc7bab5484893b0092e45a.png

JOB DONE!!! 

We were quite fortunate here with Gremio being down to ten men for the majority of the game after an early red card,  we also gave up a few chances which they should have converted but it was Juan Gomez who nodded home the winner to seal the victory!

BRAZIL SERIE A (LEAGUE)

image.png.aabbb2837dac12555a09def998438ac4.png

A comfortable title win. Leading from the off and we were never put under any real pressure with the closest I think Palmeiras got at any time was 9pts behind.

Flamengo surprisingly had a very poor season after they looked very good the previous year.

WHAT'S NEXT

The main target in coming to Brazil was to win and tick off the copa libertadores and win the league.

Both have been accomplished, not winning the domestic cup is a blow but its not worth going through another long Brazilian season purely to win that.......... so it's time to move on my contract has expired and I am there on a rolling contract free to leave when I want (or when they decide)

Brazil is a slog but at the same time it has been an enjoyable two and a half season with the quality of players certainly in the higher bracket and there is also money in the league to squad build.

Having your top players go for there release clauses is also a common occurrence so its well worth having your ducks in a row with regard to transfer targets and knowing who you want to replace them.

I am not sure on my next destination but I think I am done with South America domestically unless the River Plate or Boca jobs came available!

At time of writing its January and no decent jobs are available so I will continue on with Santos in case nothing comes up just in case it doesn't and I manage to pinch the cup.

Internationally there's been nothing that's come up so I remain with out a country to manage.

image.thumb.png.fd0f506fd77f1523e8e45a105100412f.png

image.png.0f501aeb7f853eba7e1e716f57b62b90.png

Lanus Season 3 Review

image.thumb.png.9cb74aa0bb8b3087df955e99e3d30941.png

image.thumb.png.8ed752d27e7c55e66aaf7ecbe991dcc6.png

image.thumb.png.726df024cb1b2bdb337eef979ef12f3e.png

So as you can see I won the Liga Profressional De Futbol. It felt like it would take forever to complete this season. So many teams in this league and I still aint got a clue of the league rules etc.

I got to stay with Lanus until I conclude my Copa Conmebol Libertaradores campaign. I am really hoping I can win this to get it out the way as I want to get out of South America as quickly as possible.

Federico Girotti was my best player this season with 14 goals in 19 games.

image.thumb.png.82ae9fed6756146254fd39d8706889d7.png

Season         Team           Position  Notes and Achievements

20/21    Club Athletico Juventud        2nd                 Promoted to Campeonato Uruguayo

21/22    Club Athletico Juventud        4th                  Manager Of The Year

22/23   Club Athletico Juventud         1st                   Won The Campeonato Uruguayo

23/24   Lanus                                        21st 

24/25   Lanus                                        4th                   Promoted Back To Liga Profressional de Futbol

25/26   Lanus                                        1st                    Won the Liga Profressional De Futbol

Challenge Progress

Club

2/10 top domestic leagues - Uruguay, Argentina,

1/10 domestic cups - Argentina,

0/5 club continental championships ()

0/1 club world championship

International

0/5 continental tournaments ()

0/1 world tournaments ()

Another Achievement Ticked Off The List

image.thumb.png.d3c644b108fb0072ec06bbc944fe19ad.png

image.thumb.png.76548d162020c7b821c190615155aa7d.png

image.thumb.png.93583c9993f4af31ba6c37500d3ee153.png

My Route To Victory

image.thumb.png.df517f43482b9273ae9828f4362ab0f3.png

My Reputation is up to 65% now. My next stop is South Africa or China.

image.thumb.png.af559416519d66f1c37d9277639db3ac.png

2 Big Chinese Teams are looking for managers. I couldn't of timed it any better if I tried.

image.thumb.png.584dcf64d83104c659dc01fc0eb3828c.png

Challenge Progress

Club

1/10 domestic cups - Argentina,

1/5 club continental championships - Copa Libertarodes,

International

0/1 world tournaments ()

Edited by Ronaldo Beckham

I Have Found My Next Destination

image.thumb.png.7168f4ac76aca2d81d8e5d9c1f1c9be9.png

image.thumb.png.2a832c61934a9515c3073ae313cd0ba6.png

image.thumb.png.ffae3c94891535b35eeb7b32fe17cf3f.png

Some Of Their Key Players

Rodrigo

image.thumb.png.c3e4d14a23aa4cd213df9709bf53ab74.png

Fred

image.thumb.png.968a212350be473976939ab5cadced35.png

Bernardo

image.thumb.png.cf0208845204b1aa2ac0ccfc52253f0d.png

Carles Alena

image.thumb.png.67105f21a8a69cd924f93dcd180c89ac.png

Lucas Halter

image.thumb.png.65fed112b5db7b688dd07b0ae47a6cda.png

Other notable names are George Baldock and Max Normann Williamson

Shanghai Shenhua finished just below the relegation places but I joined at the end of the season so I am hoping to ship them into shape in pre season ready to go and hopefully qualify for Asian Champions League.

3 minutes ago, vikeologist said:

@Ronaldo BeckhamDid you have the choice between them and Evergrande?

Yeah Shanghai were the first team to offer me a deal and for some reason I didn't decide to delay it hoping to get the Evergrande job. I also didn't check the 2 team's league positions until after I accepted the Shanghai job.

Oh well lol.

Lot of updates since the last time, I'm trying to read al the posts of you guys. Next time I will take the time to react on you guys again.

Season 2025/2026

image.png.cbe2024141fcd7a96bff28b362a8fde0.png

So after the promotion it was time for a season at the highest level in the Netherlands. We made a lot of incoming transfers to make the team ready for the season, because it was going to be a hard job to avoid relegation. We probably have by far the smallest finances in the league and also the bookmakers didn't give us a lot of change of staying in the league

848140833_Schermafbeelding2021-02-05om19_13_09.png.28bd87637d23d42753c973a213ba0ef2.png

So right from the start we knew it was going to be hard, luckily for us we won our first game of the season. Always nice for the confidence, not only for the team but most definitely for me. After that we played a lot of spectacular matches. My teams always play to win, so we're trying to attack and score as many goals als possible. Because of our playing style we got a lot of goals against us, but we managed to score a lot of goals ourselves as well. Highlight was a 7 - 5 defeat in Eindhoven against PSV, one of the topteams in the league. We had a though time playing against teams in the top of the league, but when we were playing against our rivals in the battle of avoiding relegation we were doing pretty wel. So well that we never really had some kind of stress of relegation. We had good year with a nice finish, sadly enough we couldn't make a deep run in the cup. But overall I'm very pleased by the season we played.

1380210817_Schermafbeelding2021-02-08om20_40_14.png.1537316f03b375f9aad276ff1e186ca9.png

For now the question is where do we go next. I've decided not to stay for another season at the club, because I think it's gonna take a long time before we can really make something happen at this club. So it's time to move on. The World Cup was played right after the season, and as always a lot of countries got rid of their manager. Finally we got an offer from five nations and I decided to join Australia. Hoping to make a nice run in the Asian Cup of Nations. I'm also looking to join a club as well but for this moment there is no deal for now.

900584202_Schermafbeelding2021-02-10om19_23_27.png.1a34507766c3bf02be4e278d5103f8e0.png

487321438_Schermafbeelding2021-02-10om19_23_39.png.5e3b018d59fbf259f03a361a00c23ab1.png

Got through the AfCon with Nigeria, it was relatively easy except for our game against Guinea. We had lost to Cape Verde in the group stage portion of the tournament and had to face them in the finals, surprisingly. Despite that earlier loss we were able to beat them 8-1 in the final. The strategy for the tournament was simple: rest the players I want for the games we ought to struggle in. So in the group stage my starters were only deployed once and in the knockout stage only against Senegal and Cape Verde.

Ivory Coast got out of the group stage on 3 points. I was hoping they wouldn't make it out as I didn't want to face them in the knockout stage of the tournament. In general though, the larger nations underperformed which really surprised me. 

As for my international future, I'm not sure it would be wise to stick it out with Nigeria until the World Cup, but if I don't get a better job before then, I will try my luck.

Here's the tournament tree: 

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.0ed57bd5c4d25b7abcff6643e0eb086b.png

539210241_sanlorenzo.thumb.png.f969fae92a77914673acc7fe8e787671.png

Season 9 (2028/29) - San Lorenzo

This was my first proper transfer window at San Lorenzo and I took full advantage by overhauling the squad, with a particular focus on the defence where we were somewhat lacking quality. So 4 new full backs and a centre back arrived, and I also signed a few good attackers that my scouts managed to spot.

spacer.png

League: We hit the ground running and were soon slugging it out with River at the top of the league. River managed to beat us at home to close the gap but then fell away dramatically at the end of the season while we got stronger and stronger, finishing with a very solid looking 99 points, 12 ahead of second placed Boca.

spacer.png

Cup: I wanted to avoid River who seem to have a measure of me in the league and luckily some other team knocked them out, so after a narrow 1-0 win against Boca in the last 16, we steadily progressed to eventually face Argentinos Jrs in the final. It looked to be one of those games as we hit the post three times in the opening 10 minutes, and then for a good measure missed a penalty - by, you’ve guessed it, hitting the bar - in the 12th minute. We did go ahead though, first 1-0 and then 2-1, but I was in no way surprised when Argentinos Jrs equalised in the 79th minute to, apparently, take us straight to penalties (there was no extra time). Since I was expecting extra time I messed up the penalty highlights again, but despite us missing a penalty in normal time we managed to prevail and won the cup!

spacer.png

Continental: We won copa Sudamericana and the super cup thing, though the Brazilian sides gave us pretty tough games in both tournaments. Onto the Libertadores, and we managed to navigate a tricky group containing Atletico Mineiro and Gremio, and face Corinthians in the 2nd round.

spacer.png

Key players: Even though I signed lots of defenders, it was the two new attackers who were the standout performers. Colombian striker Jafett Torres was sensational with 31 goals and 12 assists in 30 games, and Argentine winger Rodrigo Martinez - who I only signed after another new signing did his cruciate in the summer - chipped in with 13 assists. Last season’s standout performer Emiliano Mangino continued to be excellent in defence. Quite a few of my players are wanted by big European clubs but I managed to tie them down to fairly long term contracts so hopefully I can keep the squad together for however long it takes to win the Libertadores; the players are young so they will only be getting better in the coming years.

spacer.png spacer.png spacer.png

On the international front, I applied for all the top sides after last year’s Euros and Copa America, but only Mexico offered me a job. Still, with Gold Cup coming up this summer the timing is good; but it will be a tough one because for some reason the USA team are totally amazing, winning the last 3 Gold Cups and even last year’s Copa America, beating the likes of Brazil on the way :z

CLUB CAREER
                                                                -----------

Season    Club               Division           League     Cups                          Notes
                                                            1st    2nd    Cont    CWC
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2020/21    TS Sporting        RSA Div. 1           5                                      Took over in 9th, finished 5th
2021/22    TS Sporting        RSA Div. 1           1                                      
2022/23    Orlando Pirates    RSA Premier          1        Won    Won                    A quintuple of league, MTN 8, Knockout cup, Nedbank cup and CAF confed cup
2023/24    Orlando Pirates    RSA Premier          1        Won    Won    Won             A clean sweep domestically + champions league    
2024/25	   Cruz Azul	      Mex Liga BBVA        1  	    Won                           Won both apertura and clasura
2025/26	   Cruz Azul	      Mex Liga BBVA        1  	              Won 	   
2026/27	   Jeonbuk	      K League 1           1        Won           Won             A quickly completed treble   
2027/28	   San Lorenzo	      Argentine Premier    2 
2028/29	   San Lorenzo	      Argentine Premier    1        Won                	          A domestic double + Copa sudamericana                                            	                                                    
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

INTERNATIONAL CAREER
                                                           --------------------

Season Nation         Cups                                                         Notes
                       World Cup   Euro's   AFC   ACON   Gold Cup   Copa America

2020/21 Turkmenistan         
2021/22 Uzbekistan                                      			    Qualified for World Cup through playoffs
2022/23 Uzbekistan                                       			    World Cup Group Stage; Asian cup Q/F
2023/24 Ivory Coast
2024/25 Ivory Coast				   Won
2025/26 Ivory Coast				  				    Lost in World Cup second round
2026/27 Australia			    Won	

Challenge Progress:

Club
 4/10 top domestic leagues: South Africa (Orlando Pirates); Mexico (Cruz Azul); South Korea (Jeonbuk); Argentina (San Lorenzo)
 4/10 domestic cups: South Africa (Orlando Pirates); Mexico (Cruz Azul); South Korea (Jeonbuk); Argentina (San Lorenzo)
 3/5 club continental championships: CAF Champions League (Orlando Pirates), CONCACAF CL (Cruz Azul); Asian CL (Jeonbuk)
 0/1 club world championship: 

International
 2/5 continental tournaments: ACON (Ivory Coast); Asian Cup (Australia)
 0/1 world tournaments:

Overall: 13/32

Season 2031/32

File:Everton FC logo.svg

After leaving DL Pro I had a few options available - Dynamo Moscow , Brann, Saint-Gallen and Olympiakos all offered me jobs but all were midtable and some way off the pace in their league. Plus with me without a job and in a Copa America/Euros year I wanted to break into a major European nation to try and get a good job off the back of the summer tournaments. Two jobs in the Premier League then came up - Leeds (who I wanted) and Everton, both bottom 7 in the Premier League but some way off relegation. Leeds never even offered me an interview whilst Everton surprisingly did and offered me a job which I took, and with 19 games remaining I guided them from 15th up to 7th and into the Europa Conference League (which Everton won a couple of years ago).

My main focus was the FA Cup and thanks to a very nice draw we made it to the final where we faced Arsenal however we saved our worst performance under me for the big day and lost 2-0 only having two shots.

The squad definitely needs a rebuild, as even being 12 years into the game the club still has Holgate and Davies as first team players along with 34 year old Ben White.

Being realistic, much like Newells Old Boys I don't see me winning the league here so this is purely a profile raising exercise so next season my targets will be the FA Cup and Europa Conference. I'll also have one eye on the jobs market for big club moves who I could challenge with and of course will hope to get back into international management after the two summer tournaments.

Shanghai Shenhua Season 1 Review

Another cup won and I also managed to qualify for the Asian Champions League so overall a good first season in China.

image.thumb.png.51e0764d1f4789c8aa45d9d1fc10b8f3.png

image.thumb.png.388d684908cbe7e57afdcec183607082.png

image.thumb.png.d7111efe2ebfad27923559f35cc02112.png

I managed to sign my favorite FM2021 player Matias Arezo for £15m from Flamengo and it was £15m well spent with 22 goals for the season.

image.thumb.png.4182b8ea302826fa2e729e81404b35f4.png

Here is my overall best 11.

image.thumb.png.9acab98368661ee773d8aca125e97b61.png

20/21    Club Athletico Juventud        2nd                 Promoted to Campeonato Uruguayo

21/22    Club Athletico Juventud        4th                  Manager Of The Year

22/23   Club Athletico Juventud         1st                   Won The Campeonato Uruguayo

24/25   Lanus                                        4th                   Promoted Back To Liga Profressional de Futbol

25/26   Lanus                                        1st                    Won the Liga Profressional De Futbol

26/27   Lanus                                        3rd                    Won the Chinese FA Cup

Challenge Progress

Club

2/10 domestic cups - Argentina, China, 

1/5 club continental championships - Copa Libertarodes, 

International

0/1 world tournaments ()

Asian Cup of Nations 2027

image.png.22e2240f9381292611e7f9fddad08424.png

I got the job in the summer of 2026 when Australia had a disappointed run in the World Cup, a great opportunity for me because Australia is one of the top countries in the Asian Football federation. With the Asian Cup starting early 2027, it gave us a good shot of making a title run and win our first national team title. 

Group stage

Spoiler

29226840_Schermafbeelding2021-02-13om11_00_47.png.cfe3d115581f2d624dba58865cd6bfcc.png

824872313_Schermafbeelding2021-02-13om11_01_17.png.b0b1da02eefbc9a173ad20ac5117ff0e.png

Decent start of the tournament, nice win against Japan which is one of the title contenders in the cup. Against North-Korea had the change to give rest to all of the starting players, and also nice to gave minutes to every player in the squad.

2nd Round (If applicable)

Spoiler

644472165_Schermafbeelding2021-02-13om11_15_12.png.0ec11d590e867401e95c4586148207f9.png

Easy win for us against Jordan, never got in to trouble and had the opportunity to give some rest to the top players.

Quarterfinal (If applicable)

Spoiler

886715543_Schermafbeelding2021-02-13om11_31_16.png.c07a7aa93b5c22946333e01f7e106a2c.png

Crazy game, Saudi Arabia scored two goals with there first two shots of the game. During the game we were the better team, but in the end it was a close win.

Semi-final (If applicable)

Spoiler

2136648005_Schermafbeelding2021-02-13om12_10_54.png.4ececd37c66ccffd4c48e161c6c1ef76.png

Great game from our side, three penalty kicks but besides that we outclassed Iran on every front. Two bad things for us, Souttar is our best defender and is suspended for the final. Ogden one of our top midfielders is out cause of in injury and will mis the final.

Final (If applicable)

Spoiler

1861649979_Schermafbeelding2021-02-13om12_35_06.png.08527b975753d110e029f72354dfbf66.png

A crazy crazy final. South Korea outplayed us during the 90 minutes, but with only 5 shots we were 3-2 up in the last second of the game and conceded the 3-3. In overtime we made some adjustments and were the better team in overtime helped by a goal in the first minute of the overtime. Very happy of winning my first title with a national team,

Our next steps

Spoiler

During the time I was signed for Australia I also got an job offer by Ulsan in South Korea, a very nice opportunity cause they are the top team in South Korea. When signing with them there were only 5 games to play:

559099890_Schermafbeelding2021-02-11om23_36_40.png.423d779cab8e6da7d6e76b5cdb042346.png

First 4 teams in the league will qualify for the Asian Champions League so we have to focus on achieving that so we can play in the Champions League next season. At this club I will aim to win that champions league in the upcoming 2 or 3 season and then move on.

829832_Schermafbeelding2021-02-12om18_03_04.png.b991a98098d618082b9eac4a20ebf458.png

We had a rocky start losing our first 2 games but had a better xG then our opponents, after that we managed to win two games and draw the last game and achieved the Champions League spot. Because of the 4th place we will have to play in the qualification round, but knowing the team made it to the semi final of the champions league before my arrival that should be no problem.

image.png.d01c36924dfdfcfc145ade089060cae9.png

At the same time we played the Asian Cup of Nations there was the African Cup of Nations. Cameroon only made it to the second round in that tournament and fired there manager after the tournament. Because I don't have the idea I will have a serious run at the World Cup with Australia in 3 years I decided to join Cameroon for aiming to win the African Cup of Nations which is played every two years.

Career progress

Spoiler

1591179317_Schermafbeelding2021-02-13om12_55_12.png.99dfb37ac7f69a7b03a6d75b4f1f46dd.png

650851560_Schermafbeelding2021-02-13om12_55_24.png.7a23bfd1cb3c95763886849324c440d2.png

Edited by timpy00

Shanghai Shenhua Season 2 Review

I did terrible in the league but that doesn't matter cos I have won something else. I won the Asian Champions League.

image.thumb.png.7afdf1f7e9a5431f80691103a734bae6.png

image.thumb.png.d656f89db0ad88e2160cc251dd61150e.png

As I said I done terrible in the league with just finishing 7th. I had to rest players in the league games as I wanted to prioritize the Asian Champions League. In a perfect world I would of had a Double but you can't win them all.

Matias Arezo was amazing again with 23 goals for the season.

image.thumb.png.f116dec65a6aab1d912cc9bab45ca834.png

26/27   Lanus                                        3rd                    Won the Chinese FA Cup

27/28   Lanus                                        7th                     Won the Asian Champions League

Challenge Progress

Club

2/10 domestic cups - Argentina, China, 

2/5 club continental championships - Copa Libertarodes, Asian Champions League

International

0/1 world tournaments ()

Image result for real madrid

2041/42 - Real Madrid

I've actually completed a couple seasons since my last update. I didn't want to clog up the forum with small updates on a "standard" winning team.

As you can see below, my second season was a lot better than my first! Clean sweep of everything. What a team! My 2nd Champions League was one those "meant to win" games because I was 1-0 down until the 89th minute when I equalised. Whenever that happens, you just know you're going to win it!

image.thumb.png.f790e63cc7295bbe25031fea466db22d.png

image.thumb.png.2c9eedadb270b66ced0e89f12908c80d.png

image.thumb.png.15b5e1a63a10938f24a28e7e26712a7e.png

What I had forgot, is that with the Spanish teams, you have a fantastic youth set up. The players that come through the system always seem to either play for your first team or can be sold for a tidy amount!

One particular striker had been in the Madrid system for 4/5 years, mostly in the U19s, but with a few games here and there for my first team. Until a successful loan spell at Sevilla meant he took the step into the first team. And boy did he take that chance! 46 goals in 46 games in all comps. At the age of 23 too.

image.thumb.png.61c6eb253e4f1d8628d156a73d960a4e.png

Another favourite of mine, was a winger called Tomas Ramirez. Another player who generated into the game in 2038/39. He's 18 years old and part of my first team already (available for U19s too).

7 goals and 8 assists in 20 games is more than I expected! He's going to be one hell of a player.

image.png.fabf9126b5bd5f3e33344f5f95543fb3.png

African Cup of Nations run with Cameroon!

This was pretty straight forward. I had a GK, CB, MC & S that were exceptional. But the players coming through the U23s etc are going to be terrible, which seems to be the norm with African Nations at varying points.

image.thumb.png.d269a502c9570beca593556f5b0f02d7.png

image.thumb.png.357dd0c13fe3c04291c66a3a73a511aa.png

Just to prove I was the manager of Cameroon...:lol:

image.thumb.png.d247b4c2995f1d734a07cff553c9a964.png

Challenge progress

image.thumb.png.01ada22299d8cfc1f543e43232aa5a0d.png

image.png.f6bdc45ba803afb501d5a056be860123.pngimage.png.bc0a4671f364fc41177b9dafe47758fa.png

I'm struggling with the Love for FM at the moment. I jump on and then get bored after a couple hours. This happens every year though. Give it a month and I will be thinking about my transfers at work again. :lol:

Edited by Gregg88

Not doing a full review of the 2nd season with Polowanke city as it ended the same as the first. We missed out on the playoffs again. 2 seasons running is a real kick in the teeth.  We should have won the league we had the 2 best strikers in the league who scored plenty of goals . I'm starting to realise that I'm awful at this game. Really awful. Think need to take stock and watch few tutorials around tactics. I do everything myself from scratch.

The club is in financial trouble. The problem seems to be training, I debt means club wont allow any coaches and the max wage cant even attract 28 year old regens with no experience.

I dont know what to do, jobs at the moment would be 2nd division of Uruguay which is a side step. I've made some good signings so will probably give it one last crack before moving on. I've managed to resign the strikers, got 2 best wingers from my division last year so think sit deep 442 and throw balls into the box for my 6.5 Brazilian striker who got 22 goals last season which isnt bad in a 30 game season.

3 seasons into the challenge and being honest I'm at the same point i would be if I  started all over again. We keep going.

Cape Town City Season 1 Review

Bit of a non starter this season as they were near the bottom when I took over. My only hope was a good run and I ended up somehow winning the South African Needbank Cup.

image.thumb.png.18016b33afde76f529aabd4a12de0dd0.png

image.thumb.png.ce99a2a77af4375deae7e379b1a75e30.png

image.thumb.png.6741c8f3f7ea02e8d6b4c6a03b3ea1a1.png

image.thumb.png.1810d101808bdf3494ac0ca925c1a309.png

My Overall Best 11 For The Season

image.thumb.png.24b755d4ba75c56650de683fc6bfb554.png

I had 2 games with Ireland so far. I beat Belgium 2-1 and drew 2-2 against Czech Replubic.

My aim is the win the CAF Confederations Cup which I assume is the African version of the Champions League but I have got that wrong can someone point that out to me please.

27/28   Lanus                                        7th                     Won the Asian Champions League

28/29   Cape Town City/Ireland         11th                   Won The Needbank Cup

Challenge Progress

Club

3/10 domestic cups - Argentina, China, South Africa, 

2/5 club continental championships - Copa Libertarodes, Asian Champions League

International

0/1 world tournaments ()

To the confusion and annoyance of probably everyone in here I have swapped my International team again but for good reasons as Senegal were looking for a manager and I felt like I needed to take the chance as I don't see many African nations jobs come available often.

image.thumb.png.5379bbe8f4626b604c3135fc57092f6a.png

image.thumb.png.d1ddc4faf56b7c0449bce083e9dca7ea.png

I also angered my club Cape Town City by going for the Sundowns job so they sacked me. I had to take the chance as Sundowns were 3rd in the league last season and looked a better team then I had at Cape Town City. I was trying to save time but oh well lol.

I got my new job. I am now the manager of Lille. 

I was going to wait till a decent South African team come available but I will get back to that another time as Lille look like a decent team.

image.thumb.png.2519f474f77b2e77212255a024de5479.png

image.thumb.png.2f363b57d5666a9bde28af79f38818f3.png

image.thumb.png.146f7ef026d98e51568fed0cd4b8934b.png

I got a good team with Brenner, Angel Gomes, Soumare, Ikone etc. I got a good chance of winning the French league with these.

So to update everyone I am now Lille/Senegal manager lol.

After a successful season with Udinese finishing 7th, I thought we had hit our ceiling and it was time to move on. After being rejected by Braga (again), Napoli, and Juve, I thought we would have to do another season with Udinese with no better options being available and excited to use my new signings. However, the AS Monaco job came up. I applied and was given the job quickly. Before I go into the season with Monaco, I should say how Udinese got on in my absence. They finished 7th again but on three fewer points. I was happy to see this continued success and my signings doing well, but I was also troubled to see them do so well without me there. 

Anyway, when I got to Monaco I came into a strong squad with so real weaknesses. The backline was strong, although lacking depth in the outside back positions, particularly the right back and I needed a few strikers. I brought in Lukas Klostermann to back up our star right back Moussa Wague and I brought in Rico Richards, a star loanee from my time at Hull to play striker for us. I also brought in an Argentinian wonderkid I had identified while at Udinese who I knew I could get for cheap. These three signings were the key ones for the season. 

While I thought having two outside backs on each side would be enough, we were in a constant injury crisis in both those positions during the second half of the season. Our best player, Moussa Wague, was injured for 4 months and Klostermann picked up a few injuries of his own. I brought in a third right back in the Joker window as an emergency, and after some good performances he, too, got injured. In addition to these right back injuries I also had many left back injuries which often left me with just one left back, and for a time I had to give the final left back injections (a feature I don't utilize often) to get him through games. I brought in a third left back in January.

Despite these injuries we finished 1st after trailing PSG most of the season. Through the first 10 games PSG didn't even concede a goal, but in the final quarter of the season their form had regressed massively and we even beat them 4-0.

Here's Wague:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.fe131952ff89146688f54c10eee7be32.png

Here's Klostermann:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.a9c1fcae2cd6c270e8214b187be107cd.png

Here's Richards:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.ad52ee4ee598099ffbcd5d7d6892ac44.png

Here's Flores (Argentinian wonderkid)

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.b3b83f73369fe6296c7e368e6ec71b2f.png

After winning the League with Monaco, although I think we have put together a strong side, I'm looking to join a real European powerhouse so we can push on for a new league title as well as make a real attempt at the Champions League. This season we drew Manchester United in the quarter finals and were outclassed in both matches. With the latter stages of the champions league consisting of teams like PSG, Bayern, Liverpool, Man City, Real Madrid etc, I don't think we have much of a chance at winning that competition unless we are one of those teams. 

Our performance in the French Cup was good, although it was ultimately really easy to win. We didn't have a single touch draw and PSG were beaten in the quarter finals.

One of our wonderkids (he was here when I took over at the club) won the most promising player award in the league. He's really class and took over the starting position in the midfield early on in the season and blossomed. He is a guy who, if I end up going to a bigger club, I will try to scum over to my team by doing an unfavorable player exchange before I go (I've never done that before, so I'm not sure if it works).

Here he is:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.00a376529b8da97ae95a93ca0e2d86f6.png

We ended up having a surprise performed take over at left back. It was a guy who I didn't think was good enough to even be a back up at the position, but after giving him a go he became our starter and even made it into the team of the year (the club had seven players in team of the year).

Here he is:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.28f67c49f034f776dd3f31f05147597a.png

In addition to the league and the cup, I also won the manager of the year award in France. 

As it stands currently, it is looking exceedingly likely that I will be with Nigeria for the 2026 World Cup as no interesting jobs are available and I don't suspect there will be any until the World Cup. After the World Cup, I'm sure there will be and I will leap at the opportunity. With Monaco, I am looking at bigger clubs. Currently I am in the running for the job at Bayern, but no other clubs are available. Not even PSG is available after falling in the league to us! With that, it is likely that I will stick with Monaco for another season despite my best efforts. Don't be surprised if I get another job before the next update though!+

Club Career

Hall of Fame Rank: 	N/A
Clubs Managed: 		4
Nations Managed: 	2 
Trophies Won: 		3
Runner Up Medals: 	1
Manager of the Year: 	2
Number of Sackings: 	0

Career Earnings: $4.9 million
---------------------------------------------------

Club Career

Season	NAT	Club		Division	Pos	Cup 1	Cup 2	Cont	CWC	Things to Note					
2020/21	Eng	Dartford	Vanarama South  1st	N/A	N/A	-	-	Won League
2021/22 Eng     Dartford        Vanarama Nat.   2nd     Second  Fourth  -       -       Promoted through playoffs, Won Manager of the Year
2022/23 Eng     Hull            Championship    17th    N/A     N/A     -       -       Survived Relegation
2023/24 Ita     Udinese         Serie A         7th     Qtr-finl N/A    -       -       Qualified for Europa league
2024/25 Fra     Monaco          Ligue 1         1st     Won     N/A     Qrt-finl -      Won Ligue 1, Won Manager of the Year
----------------------------------------------------

International Career

Season	Nation		Rank	Continental	World Cup	Things to Note
2021	Haiti   	79th	-		-		-
2022    Haiti           82nd    -               -               - 
2023    Nigeria         20th    -               -               -
2024    Nigeria         9th     -               -               Won African Championship of Nations
2025    Nigeria         7th     Won             -               Won African Cup of Nations
-----------------------------------------------------
Challenge Progress
1/10 Leagues 		
1/10 Cups		
0/5  Continental	
0/1  Worlds

1/5 Continental 	
0/1 Worlds

image.png

image.png

image.png

Edited by kkfootball
Typo and extra images

So I landed the Bayern job that I had applied for and successfully traded two players I desperately wanted over from Monaco, buying the third (he was so attached to my manager that he wouldn't leave until I joined Bayern. This cost me 72 million). In addition to the Bayern job I also landed the USA job after they were knocked out of the Gold Cup semis by Canada. Not only do I think they have a marginally better chance than Nigeria at tackling the World Cup (still ~0), but it will allow me to work on the continental cup for Concacaf.

I also must mention a keeper in the Bundesliga 2, an American, that I discovered through the national team. At 17, he looks like he would be the instant starter at Bayern and certainly for the national team. Reminds me of an American newgen I had in FM20 who became the best player in the world getting about 20 goals and assists a season from cm.

Here he is:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.689410bed3eb6c4168b1833876043e02.png

Here are the players I stole from Monaco:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.213080b41201847e485be511920fb827.png

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.e3e42a1cd17fa9b494c65d12b2f400e3.png

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.75d9f55f646a248a8494a62c5926e703.png

We did get Richards legit.

We're looking to tackle the Bundesliga and the Champions League this season. with the signing of Upamecano from Leipzig late in the transfer window the Bundesliga should be ours easily. Leizig have been the only true rival to Bayern this save so getting him in helps us immensely. Hopefully he doesn't just lead us to the league title!

180px-Logo-VfL-Wolfsburg.svg.png
VfL Wolfsburg - End of Season 2024/25

It's the end of my 2nd full season (2 and a half in total) in Germany, and I have some good news!!

Bundesliga

One of the big five leagues is ticked off. Our league title was confirmed with 3 games to go.

league.PNG.9ab1e2ee105784a7f13c3c739c429f4d.PNG

We've been really helped out by Bayern being TERRIBLE this year. Neuer retired at the end of last season and was replaced by Porto's Diogo Costa, but they've had an inconsistent year drawing more games than usual. We, however, were excellent, going unbeaten all the way to the beginning of March. Our match away at Gladbach was just after our Champions League exit (see below), and the hangover carried on within the squad for a couple of weeks. Despite this, Bayern continued to drop points, with us confirming our Bundesliga title with a 1-0 win over Schalke. 

After losing the title on the last day of the season last year, this feels very sweet.

DFB Pokal

Sadly, Bayern did get one over us in the Pokal, with almost a repeat of last season's final taking place one stage earlier. We defended deep and compact, but Lewandowski opened the scoring from a dubious penalty decision. Fabio Vieira scored another straight after, and that was all she wrote.

UEFA Champions League

My first experience of the Champions League this season isn't anything to write home about. We were drawn in a group with PSG, Milan and Young Boys. PSG topped the group on 16 points, with us needing to beat Young Boys on the final group match day to go through. A 4-0 win was good enough to put us through to the semis where we faced the Old Lady, Juventus. 

Again, with the young squad, sadly they weren't ready to face a well drilled unit in Juventus. Although they weren't sitting top of Serie A at the time, a 1-0 defeat in Germany followed by a 2-1 defeat back in Turin was enough to send us packing at the last 16 stage. The board wanted us to be competitive, and I think we achieved that.

Wonderkids

I've mentioned the wonderkids a few times - so here's some screenshots of them and the ones joining us in the summer.

Spoiler

Peder Jespersen

jespersen.PNG.a144c44abf2b56a0cc62ffe3bab3362f.PNG

The new Danish number 1 was one of the last signings this summer, arriving from AB for £14.5m. I didn't expect him to oust Tim Ronning in between the sticks but it turned out that Jespersen was putting in some great performances that when a £25m bid for Ronning came in from Porto, I felt comfortable in letting the Swede go.

Leonardro Henrique

henrique.PNG.dd097dad7fc51d9a8d1fd5f1c9265306.PNG

The versatile one of the bunch - Henrique was my first signing in the summer of 2024. Joining for his release fee of £12.75m, the Brazilian has found himself playing right wing, central midfield, right wingback and even as a centre back this season. Only a matter of time before he ends up in the Brazil team.

Juan Camilo Martinez

martinez.PNG.1577d41a9c1db0a493e394e9773a2678.PNG

I'm surprised someone at Boca hasn't called the police for daylight robbery! Just look at this lad! We picked up Juan for £7.25m. Yup - that little money. He's been unreal at the back, able to play alongside Stones, Christensen and Leite with ease. He's great in either a back 3 or in a partnership. Just a rock, and lethal in the air too.

Simon Williams

williams.PNG.30e12efb0f703cdf32661a9531a0cf84.PNG

Williams was one of the more expensive signings at £25m from Portsmouth. He's been my first choice AMC throughout the season, with Gotze barely getting a look in after an injury early on in the season. I'd like to see him add more assists to his game (only 6 in the Bundesliga this year) but I hope this will improve as he gets older.

Juan Mendez

mendez.PNG.3c982a96bb2385625f5ec6c86544ddb4.PNG

Winner of the 2024 NxGn series, Mendez arrived from Chivas for £15m in deal agreed at the end of the previous season. His gametime has been limited due to the form of Kaio Jorge and Matias Arezo, but he's been able to deputise on the right wing when not able to start in a striker role. He's off to a great start for Mexico too.

Miguel Angel Huarana

huarana.PNG.0df3f477940cf35fa65fc5c097e73edb.PNG

One of the best transfers I have ever made on Football Manager. Miguel is the star of Bolivia at just 19 years old. He joined us in summer 2023 for £500k from Guabira in his native Boliva, and he is on his way to becoming the best player the country has seen since Blanco. 

The Future...

I think my time at Wolfsburg is over, but I have saved a separate file to continue on with them should I wish. I've left the club with a number of wonderkids with two more joining in the summer, so the project is there to continue for me at a later date! But for the challenge, other than a cup competition which I could easily pick up elsewhere, there's not much left for me to achieve here. We've picked up the trophy that's the main reason we came to Germany and achieved it in two and a half years, and although the infrastructure is there it's at least another 2-3 years before we're consistently somewhere near Bayern. This year was a freak - Bayern were terrible after losing Neuer (Lewandowski retires this summer, Gnabry is on his way to Barca).

As my next step - right now I've got Molde offering me a job, and the Olympiakos job is available. However unless something drastic happens I can't see any top tier jobs becoming available anywhere else (both in Europe and further afield). Sevilla is the biggest team I could go to, but that would be a waste of time as I can't see their squad being competitive. Both Molde and Olympiakos could yield relatively straightforward league titles despite both teams underperforming in their respective divisions.

What do you guys think? Stay in Germany until a better job comes along? Or take one of the two jobs on for a quick league title?

ASIDE - not much to discuss re the French job. We've won every game including smashing Estonia 9-0 after they eventually went down to 8 men...

Progress

progress.thumb.PNG.7ebb4a7654f96c7c5547fd2ed24b7137.PNG

2 minutes ago, The Regista said:

What do you guys think? Stay in Germany until a better job comes along? Or take one of the two jobs on for a quick league title?

The thing about those leagues is that you might not need them. If you win a league in Asia, S America, N America and S Africa, plus the Europe 5, you have your10 leagues.

Of course, you might pick up champion leagues and cups, but never win the league in one of those places, but the leagues are the easiest of the 3 elements to pick up.

I probably wouldn't stay in Germany either, unless you're enjoying it. The cup seems more likely than the CL. You are falling behind on the cups, so if you think you stand a 90%+ chance of winning the cup next year, then stay.

So what I'd do is quit until a suitable job comes along.

It does mean that you won't have any income coming in, but on the other hand, your manager doesn't exist.

mexico_logo_wc.thumb.jpg.a7f359f0d9fc81266c1a2f43a82a55a4.jpg

2029 Gold Cup - Mexico

Normally I’d expect us to win this but as I said the USA team are definitely the dominant force in the region, winning last summer’s Copa America as well as the last 3 gold cups with the likes of Pulisic on the team.

My Mexican team has a bit of an Ivory Coast like situation with really good forwards and wingers but the defence being pretty meh. It’s also good to see some of my youngsters from Cruz Azul become heavyweight regulars for the team, playing for the likes of Dortmund and AS Monaco. Plenty of quality and depth on the team so despite the recent US dominance I remain hopeful.

Group Stage

Spoiler

Mexico 3 - 1 Trinidad & Tobago. Rustier than I’d like, but this will do.

Canada 0 - 5 Mexico. Dominant

Guadeloupe 0 - 8 Mexico. Qualified without much trouble, as expected. Haiti next.

Quarter Final (if applicable)

Spoiler

Mexico 3 - 1 Haiti. They gave us a decent game but the result was never in doubt, the FM and Mexico legend Hirving Lozano giving us a man of the match performance during his 154th cap. Honduras await in the semis.

Semi Final (if applicable)

Spoiler

Mexico 4 - 0 Honduras. Could have scored even more but definitely happy with that. No surprises as to who we face next, it's the US of A.

Final / 3rd place playoff (if applicable)

Spoiler

spacer.png spacer.png

Well, we did it at the first time of asking. As expected, it was a tight game but we had the better chances and ran out deserved winners thanks to two excellent finishes from our attacking midfielders Ruiz and the legendary Lozano.

After the tournament

Spoiler

Key players: I have to put down Lozano here, he only just made the tournament squad due to him being a 34-year old without a club, but he played really well in the semi so I decided to stick him into the team for the final and it definitely paid off. Marcel Ruiz, who was my key player back in his younger days at Cruz Azul, was probably our best overall attacker, and Chelsea’s Edson Alvarez was the MoM in the final - our only defensive midfielder, but a very good one at that.

Unless something drastically changes I’ll stick around until next year’s World Cup and then look to pick up a job in Europe or South America.

Edited by dkouv

Very quickly after my update - I decided Molde and Olympiakos didn't offer too much for me.

Yes the league titles could be there, along with cups, but I'm no closer to trying to tackle the continental game.

So it's time to head out of Europe and expand my horizons. And one job has turned up in a nation a few of you have managed in already.

Let's go to Uruguay...

150px-Escudo_del_Club_Nacional_de_Footba

Club Nacional de Football - Takeover Update

Possibly the first proper go I've got with a top side in a continental competition. The Nacional job became available as the previous manager was struggling to keep promises, yet Nacional are top of the Uruguayan Opening Stage

nacional.PNG.a8d7deec1eb45e0536e1aeb64cd0f32b.PNG

The first game is the playoff against Deportivo Maldonado. I'm not sure how this division works as I've never managed in South America. But I'm very much looking forward to this challenge, and hopefully continuing the good start to the save.

The club made the Libertadores, but got knocked out in the second qualifying round to Velez. So this season is just focusing domestically, get the squad playing how I want, and get ready for next year.

I think this is a great job to take on to get a foothold in South American football. Let's have it.

On 14/02/2021 at 15:21, Ronaldo Beckham said:

My aim is the win the CAF Confederations Cup which I assume is the African version of the Champions League but I have got that wrong can someone point that out to me please

There is a separate Champions League in Africa I believe, have to come top two to qualify for it. The Confederations Cup is equivalent to the Europa League

Pug's Update

nZsHWGL.png

So The Main Aim Was To Win The Champions League And To Compete For The League. Expectations For Apertura . The Apertura League Was A Quite Easy With 15 Wins 1 Draw And 1 Loss To Win By 11 Points.

On To The Play-Offs And A Comfortable Win . Apertura Results .. League TableClausura And Champions League Expectations . The Clausura Was Won With 13 Wins 3 Draws And 1 Loss To Win The League By 5 Points. On To The Play-Offs

And A Loss In The Semi's. Clausura Results .. League Table . We Also Had To Compete In A League Cup Which I've Not Done Before In Other FM's. League Cup . I Really Only Played My Back Ups.

We Also Played In 2 Other Cups Which We Won With Most Of My Youth And U23 Teams. Cups . Now On To The Main One, All The Way Up To The Final Its Was Easy. Then A 2-2 Draw At Home I Didn't Think We Were Going To

Win. But A Good 2-1 Win Away From Home And The Trophy Was In The Bag  . CONCACAF Champions LeaguePOTS . Transfers . Job History

t4x4VuL.png

We Were Made 3rd Favourites For The ACON But With The Squad I Had I Was Confident We Could Win. On To The Group Of Cameroon Algeria And Kenya And 3 Wins We Won. So On To The Second Round And A Extra-Time

3-2 Win Over DR Congo. Next Up Was A 3-0 Quarter-Final Win Over Mali To Set Us Up Against A Hard Game Against Ivory Coast. But A 3-1 Win In Hard Close Game With Us Scoring 2 In The Last 5 Mins. In The Final I Was

Expecting A Really Hard Game With Ghana, But A Very Comfortable  3-0 Win Which Bagged The Trophy. ResultsJob History . After The Game I Notice Another Job Had Become Available??.

CLUB CAREER                      
                                                                       -----------
Season     Club                Leagues        Cups                                     Other & Notes
                               1st  2nd       1st  2nd    Cont    CWC                                                                        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2020       Ansan                                                                       Finished 7th
2021       Ansan                                                                       Left After 17 Games 
2021-22    Bolton                                                                      Promoted 
2022-23    Bolton                                                                      Left To Take Over CD León
2022-23    CD León                   Won       Won
2023-24    CD León             Won                        Won        
                                                                   INTERNATIONAL CAREER
                                                                   --------------------

Season    Nation         Cups                                                                         Other & Notes
                         World Cup    Confed Cup    Euro's    AFC    ACON    Gold Cup   Copa America
2022-23   South Africa                                               Won                                             
 Challenge Progress.
  -------------------

Club
----
1/10 Top Domestic Leagues   (Mexico)
1/10 Top Domestic Cups      (Mexico)  
1/5  Continental Cups       (CD León-Mexico)   
0/1  Club World Cup      

International
-------------
1/5  Continental Tournaments  (South Africa)
0/2  World Tournaments   

Overall 4/32   

On 15/02/2021 at 21:18, The Regista said:

Very quickly after my update - I decided Molde and Olympiakos didn't offer too much for me.

Yes the league titles could be there, along with cups, but I'm no closer to trying to tackle the continental game.

So it's time to head out of Europe and expand my horizons. And one job has turned up in a nation a few of you have managed in already.

Let's go to Uruguay...

150px-Escudo_del_Club_Nacional_de_Footba

Club Nacional de Football - Takeover Update

Possibly the first proper go I've got with a top side in a continental competition. The Nacional job became available as the previous manager was struggling to keep promises, yet Nacional are top of the Uruguayan Opening Stage

nacional.PNG.a8d7deec1eb45e0536e1aeb64cd0f32b.PNG

The first game is the playoff against Deportivo Maldonado. I'm not sure how this division works as I've never managed in South America. But I'm very much looking forward to this challenge, and hopefully continuing the good start to the save.

The club made the Libertadores, but got knocked out in the second qualifying round to Velez. So this season is just focusing domestically, get the squad playing how I want, and get ready for next year.

I think this is a great job to take on to get a foothold in South American football. Let's have it.

Good luck in Uruguay, I enjoyed it a lot with Defensor.

Nacional always seemed to have a very strong squad and along with Penarol were the major powers.

The only frustration you may have if you stay that long is taking on the brazilian big boys in the copa lib

SEASON 5

2025/26

See the source image

-LAZIO-

My last update was in Jan 2026 having finished the season with Santos having won the league and copa libertadores we were ready to make a move elsewhere.

3 months passed without any decent opportunites coming up and I was close to joining Leicester & Everton but just as I was about to agree with Leicester the Lazio job popped up (who had sacked Brazilian ex santos, wolfsburg & juve midfielder Diego)  who were well placed in Serie A with 9 games left of the season for a possible run at champions league qualification.

The squad was also very strong and far superior to the two English sides I considered joining (will cover it in the full season update)

image.png.b983547e3e4a442ab6cc783738525608.png

The remaining games went well!

image.png.d63e9dfb260d84c7cccb89f587fa9560.png

image.png.ff9320632c6660dee9788cfc03554f08.png

CL Qualification, straight into the group stages for 26/27

CAMEROON

See the source image

The USA/CANADA World Cup 2026 was fast approaching and a quick glance at the available jobs two weeks before the tournament started showed Cameroon as the only participating nation without a manager...so I thought why not. Probably got no chance of winning it but you never know and we wasn't up to much else

image.png.b8c27c4e5ba7c41f9bd7dda8dc10352b.png

image.png.a6992c677c626f8cd97bc8fbebb20c20.png

Stuffed by Germany 3-0 we comfortably beat Syria as expected 2-0!

image.png.5c8e1a7ae7b7f15dde5e7daa6e53fc3f.png

Scheduled to play my old team Nigeria who we managed 2023 AFCON glory with.

image.png.3181f6a2ae01c7cd4d49d66b957eb234.png

1-0 win but it should have been more.....Uruguay next!

image.png.11b65951245e8c5b9f01da1fbfd053c6.png

A comprehensive drubbing by Uruguay and despite our best efforts in trying to kick them off the park we are eliminated in the 3rd round!

image.thumb.png.990b939cf0ff8910f3062fd5b383c305.pngHolland win their first world cup! Lazio's very own Malen netting the winning goal.

image.png.da31b83cc5a5f29e7c0e0ccfd6e47e7f.png

One tournament and out for me, no point staying as I have already won the AFCON!

WHAT'S NEXT

Pretty simple objectives with Lazio are to try and have a go at winning Serie A and the cup as I believe the squad is strong enough and to make some progression in the CL with a view to really having a go at it the season after.

On the international front plenty of jobs have become available following the 26' World cup including England, Germany, France, Italy and Brazil so getting one of those positions in either the build up for the euro's or copa america in 28' would be the aim..... failing to land one of these jobs Mexico is also available which would mean winning the gold cup could be a possibility!

image.thumb.png.576c4aa9ffff300a137b57b233c7122a.png

image.png.71839b16a0d60cf831299b222a201332.png

Challenge Progress
Club
2/10 top domestic leagues (URU)(BRA)
1/10 domestic cups (URU)
1/5 club continental championships (COPA LIBERTADORES- 2025 SANTOS)

International
1/5 continental tournaments (AFCON 2023 -Nigeria)
0/1 world tournaments ()

Total 
5/32

Edited by berrers

1821102552_sanlorenzo.thumb.png.cae2167e43baea766c714dbd46ac9551.png

Season 9.5 (2029) - San Lorenzo - Copa Libertadores update

Copa Libertadores runs from middle to middle of the Argentinian league season, so we had the knockout games coming up in the autumn. In the summer almost every single one of my first teamers was wanted by a European club, so I had to try and resist major unrest. In the end I sold my best central midfielder to Arsenal for £25m - a great deal in principle since he was pretty inconsistent in any case, but I struggled to find a replacement, which left the squad a bit thin in the middle.

Overall though, we now have a really strong squad and we sailed through the knockout stages to eventually face perennial contenders Flamengo in the final. I was pretty uncertain going into it as quite a few of my defenders were injured, but it turned out I should not have worried - we ran out easy 5-0 winners in the end, didn’t give them a sniff really. So Copa Libertadores done and now I’m done with South America, good job as well as it started to get a bit boring. Off to one of the European leagues next, I’ve got all apart from England loaded so I’ll see what comes up.

In terms of key players, I’d like to single out a new summer signing Adrian Ale Perez, who I got on a loan from Chelsea paying a hefty £1.5m loan fee. I had a pre-arranged transfer for a Colombian wonderkid which I couldn’t complete until December because he was still 17, so had to sign a striker last minute and decided to splash out on the loan fee. Boy it paid off, this guy was amazing for us, scoring 15 in 11(8) games, including 4 in his first game of the Libertadores knockouts. Striker Jafett Torres is probably our best non-loan player, strangely he’s not in as high demand from foreign clubs as the others so maybe I can sign him for whichever team I go to next.

spacer.png spacer.png

Also, I'm now top of the English hall of fame - though definitely via means of quantity rather than quality ))

spacer.png

CLUB CAREER
                                                                -----------

Season    Club               Division           League     Cups                          Notes
                                                            1st    2nd    Cont    CWC
2020/21    TS Sporting        RSA Div. 1           5                                      Took over in 9th, finished 5th
2021/22    TS Sporting        RSA Div. 1           1                                      
2022/23    Orlando Pirates    RSA Premier          1        Won    Won                    A quintuple of league, MTN 8, Knockout cup, Nedbank cup and CAF confed cup
2023/24    Orlando Pirates    RSA Premier          1        Won    Won    Won             A clean sweep domestically + champions league    
2024/25	   Cruz Azul	      Mex Liga BBVA        1  	    Won                           Won both apertura and clasura
2025/26	   Cruz Azul	      Mex Liga BBVA        1  	              Won 	   
2026/27	   Jeonbuk	          K League 1           1        Won           Won         A quickly completed treble   
2027/28	   San Lorenzo	      Argentine Premier    2 
2028/29	   San Lorenzo	      Argentine Premier    1        Won                 	  A domestic double + Copa Sudamericana
2029/30	   San Lorenzo	      Argentine Premier	   n/a                    Won             Won Copa Libertadores in November                                                 

INTERNATIONAL CAREER
                                                           --------------------

Season Nation         Cups                                                              Notes
                       World Cup   Euros   Asian Cup   ACON   Gold Cup   Copa America

2020/21 Turkmenistan         
2021/22 Uzbekistan                                      			          Qualified for World Cup through playoffs
2022/23 Uzbekistan                                       			          World Cup Group Stage; Asian cup Q/F
2023/24 Ivory Coast
2024/25 Ivory Coast				        Won
2025/26 Ivory Coast			                                                  Lost in World Cup second round
2026/27 Australia			       Won	
2028/29 Mexico						        Won

Challenge Progress:

Club
 4/10 top domestic leagues: South Africa (Orlando Pirates); Mexico (Cruz Azul); South Korea (Jeonbuk); Argentina (San Lorenzo)
 4/10 domestic cups: South Africa (Orlando Pirates); Mexico (Cruz Azul); South Korea (Jeonbuk); Argentina (San Lorenzo)
 4/5 club continental championships: CAF Champions League (Orlando Pirates), CONCACAF CL (Cruz Azul); Asian CL (Jeonbuk); Copa Libertadores (San Lorenzo)
 0/1 club world championship: 

International
 3/5 continental tournaments: ACON (Ivory Coast); Asian Cup (Australia); Gold Cup (Mexico)
 0/1 world tournaments:

Overall: 15/32

Edited by dkouv

Season 2023/24
image.png.368f39c09f8314b75d67c1b25ccb7047.png

3rd season at Polowanke. After missing out on the playoffs by goal difference 2 seasons running, the temptation was to jump ship, with the club 1m in red, no money for staff and the board selling my best players. However I signed the 2 best wingers in the league last season, kept my strikers , centre backs and right back so I had the basis of a solid team. I think of was gullit of trying to fudge the previous 2 seasons not really paying attention to the squad or signings because saw the club as a stepping stone and trying to rush the challenge. This time I took the time to really look at what I had. I had the best 2 wingers and strikers so the decision was easy out goes my 532 in comes 424.  Our keeper and team leader was zambia international goalkeeper, he was captain and my most constant player but he had to go. I wanted to get the ball wide and quickly, he couldn't kick the ball and our highest earner, with the club in financial crisis i moved him on and several other players and bought in youth players. I didn't have a big wage budget but needed a left back and new keeper. We managed to get south Africa u21 gk on loan but couldn't sign a left back of quality so promoted a kid. 

Well we did it. We won the league. it was clear after first few games we hit a winning formula. We were destroying teams like we hadn't previously. Us and Turks quickly pulled away from the pack so was obvious it was a 2 horse race. The collapses of the previous 2 season were in my mind as we won the first 12 games. I think I started to believe at game 15, we played Turks away and was 2-0 at half time, we managed to salvage a draw. After this is was pretty plain sailing we were 5 points in front of Turks all season going into the last 2 games we were still 5 but had Turks at home needing a draw to secure the title. We went 1 up but it wouldn't be us without any drama. Turks come back to win 2-1 and set up a nervous last game. We were away but were comfortable 3-0 winners against mid table team.
image.png.b4352ea7a037dcc3a0fe4769df971743.png

we also had a great cup run knocking out 4 prem teams before eventually losing the semi final on pens. I thought we could win it but my tactic revolved around my Brazil target man and he was injured. 

What next.
I'm not sure the vultures have taken 5 of our starting players and 5 youth players I though were ready to step up. The club debt means i wont have the necessary funds to be able to rebuild the team and get where i want it. I've learn some valuable lessons about treating each job as if it is a long term save. I probably gone as far as i can with this team. I'd need 2 seasons to established them in the prem and I've already wasted 4 seasons to be in a position most of you are in after 1. I have enjoyed it though so who knows may stay if nothing pops up

Season 12 (2031/2032)

Pin on Football Emoticons For Facebook

After finishing 4th last year, having given the title away to Liverpool in the 2nd to last match of the season, I was sure we were going to compete again this year. I only got a 50 M transfer budget, bu I managed to sell 2 'rotation players' for a total of 87.5 M, so that gave me somewhat north of 100 M to work with. Main issue in the previous season was my defense - I scored goals on par with the rest of the top 4, but I conceded far more goals. So, I decided to bolster my defense with a CD from Lazio (45 M), a DM from Sporting (50 M) and, to top things off, a GK from Chelsea fro a stunning 100 M - the future of English soccer, but being only a back-up at Chelsea due to them having the best GK in the game. All the signings worked out well, especially the DC (7.34 average - don't think I've had much DC's ever score higher) and the GK (only outperformed by the GK of Liverpool).

I decided to focus completely on the League, having already won the EFL Cup in the previous season. I played a complete 2nd team in all cup matches, saving my 1st team for the League. As the season progressed, more and more clubs started dropping points, and only one club could keep up: reigning champions Liverpool. We were neck-and-neck, until we beat them in February, which presented us the top spot. All we had to do was win our remaining matches. All went well, and then we came to the final match of the season: The Roses Derby against Man Utd.

We had to win, a draw was not enough - of course, depending on the result of Liverpool, who were facing Everton. We went down 1-0 in the 21st minute and were outclassed completely. Only in the 2nd half we started to play up to our standard, but as Liverpool were leading 1-0 and Everton were down to 10, I was fearing another defeat at the hands of Liverpool. I was ready to accept defeat, when my eye caught some changes on the 'Latest Scores'... I blinked again, and to my astonishment, Liverpool was suddenly down 2-1! Everton refused to give the title to their city rivals, and gifted me the title instead (don't worry, I've sent them some flowers)! We ourselves managed to score an equalizer in the 87th minute, only to throw even that last point away in the 96th minute (imagine Liverpool scoring an equalizer in the last seconds of the game... I would have had to buy a new laptop I'm afraid...) - we were Champions!

image.png.c1c19b27e5fc6a888a27d2f85ad74b7f.pngimage.png.d29f3c159d9abd8ab25a5a1850013635.png

image.thumb.png.d7edf988e26ff7b2d4decf0bd2c5417f.png

Just to be complete:  we managed to get kicked out of both Domestic Cups in the 3rd round, but we did manage to get to the Final of the Europa League... which we won, beating Man Utd on penalties (oh the sweet payback).

International

After having won the African Nations with Ivory Coast, I was on the look-out for a team from either North America or Asia, as those are the remaining Continental Trophies I have to collect in International Football. Lucky for me, the CONCACAF Gold Cup was held in the summer of 2031, so I keep a close eye on the proceedings. And guess who got knocked out in the QF.......

spacer.png

Mexico! The team that usually gets to the Final, where they face U.S.A. to decided who wins this time around (last time another country won was back in 2000, when Canada took the victory over Colombia - what the heck was Colombia even doing in that Gold Cup anyway?). My main goal with them is of course the Gold Cup in 2033, but we have several tournaments in between: the NA Nations League in 2032 and the Copa America in 2032.

When checking out the current selection, I was amazed. Only 'old' players of over 25, no talent at all. I did remember however seeing some reports from my Scouting Team at Leeds displaying some magnificent talent in Mexico... I overhauled the entire team, kicking out most players over 30 - only Macias, in RL still playing for Deportivo Guadalajara, is still on board. The foundation of my squad was based on talent, most of them still playing in Mexico. I had 14 players in my team below the age of 20, most of which were in my First XI - don't think I've ever played such a young team, especially not Internationally.

Both results in Friendlies and in the qualifiers for the NA Nations League were promising, and we made it to the final of the NA Nations League where we faced... surprise, surprise, the U.S.A. We managed to beat them in extra time, which meant my first prize was in the cabinet! Immediately after the final, the Copa America began - seriously, 5 days rest in between... who comes up with these schedules? We managed to top our group, including Brazil, whom we beat 3-2 in the last match, displaying some impressive football along the way (9-1 victory against Chile... insane really). The QF saw us face Uruguay, whom we managed to beat in a thriller (3-2), only to face... surprise, surprise, the U.S.A. once again in the SF. We needed another extra time here, in which we scored what I thought was the winner... only for them to draw in the 120th minute... after which they shot us down from the penalty spot... Which left only the Third Place Playoff for us, where we faced Ecuador, whom we beat 6-4 (did I already mention we are playing seriously offensive soccer?).

Summary

image.thumb.png.ad94e5fe7c6d2492d49238b764225d48.png

image.png.5bf0dd0a1c0fbfa54d9a273f948723a9.png

image.png.5dca02cedea5aa22526b1764fde36bcb.png

Season Review 2020/21 - Chennai City FC

Competitions - Squad - Transfers - Finances

CHAMPIONS!

A fine start to my journey towards the status of legend. Starting off with an undefeated season in the league. Shortened but undefeated!

We brought in a few key players and they were difference makers.

After breezing through the regular season we had a couple of key injuries. We managed to get past MHDN and win the championship by one point!

Key players:

DC Mwanjali - ST Magassouba - ST Koffi

Outlook:

The first trophy is in the books and perhaps it's enough for the higher ranked leagues to open their eyes for my talent!

I'll already be on the lookout for an available seat in maybe South Korea or China

Not that people normally pay attention to the Indian I-league... But we were undefeated. That gotta count for something!

History:

TwZRFpA.jpg

FlVfxtY.jpg

Not a full review as wasnt an exciting season. 4th season overall and 1st in premiership with Polowanke.  Guide them to 7th and the Orlando Pirates job came up so jumped at the chance.. This is the one to get South Africa done but I'm under pressure and need to win the league 2 games to assess the squad then seasons over. 

I’ve really struggled with this years edition of the game, although have just enjoyed a pretty successful save with Perugia in Italy taking them from the third tier up to Serie A. After a proper bringing down to earth relegation I wanted a new challenge and so am joining you in here. I am truly awful at this game though so not anticipating very much at all. I reckon I could float around the initial wave of jobs for years and years 😂 I’ve been trying to manage in countries I’ve not really gone through before though, and this challenge looks absolutely made up for that sort of situation.

I’m excited to get started, but very much apprehensive about what I can even try and achieve 🙈

34 minutes ago, goonergez said:

I’ve really struggled with this years edition of the game, although have just enjoyed a pretty successful save with Perugia in Italy taking them from the third tier up to Serie A. After a proper bringing down to earth relegation I wanted a new challenge and so am joining you in here. I am truly awful at this game though so not anticipating very much at all. I reckon I could float around the initial wave of jobs for years and years 😂 I’ve been trying to manage in countries I’ve not really gone through before though, and this challenge looks absolutely made up for that sort of situation.

I’m excited to get started, but very much apprehensive about what I can even try and achieve 🙈

Good luck. Hope you enjoy yourself.

I wouldn't even worry too much about 'achievements'. It's a tough challenge, and I've failed a lot more times than I've succeeded. Important thing is to have fun.

But you might surprise yourself, and find put that you're not so awful, but not expecting much is probably the healthiest approach for anybody to adopt.

26 minutes ago, vikeologist said:

Good luck. Hope you enjoy yourself.

I wouldn't even worry too much about 'achievements'. It's a tough challenge, and I've failed a lot more times than I've succeeded. Important thing is to have fun.

But you might surprise yourself, and find put that you're not so awful, but not expecting much is probably the healthiest approach for anybody to adopt.

I’ll be honest I will not be aiming for any of the achievements and just aim to enjoy hopping around trying to win trophies here and there. I’ll try to be in it for the long haul, but reckon I’ll be one of the first people to spend years and years floating around the depths of the lesser nations struggling away 😂

Image result for velez fc

Velez - 2043-44

So as was mentioned many post ago....A season in Argentina takes a hella long time! I wanted to stay away from the country due to the season length, but the lure of the young players in the team drew me in. I was manager of South Korea before taking over, so I was just pushing on to the Asian Cup. This was won with ease. Nothing to shout about really.

The Velez job was available for ages and I applied for jobs in Scotland and Belgium, but for whatever reason, I didn't get those jobs! Visions were probably different to what I said in those interviews!

I joined Velez last season in mid-table and managed to finish 6th. This set me up nicely for this season!

The transfer merry-go-round kicked in and I sold 19 players for a combined £37.5m. Alongside bringing in 12 players for a combined £14.75m. I'm addicted to gutting teams out and bringing in new blood!

I won the 2043 Copa Libertadores (which they had already qualified for when I joined).

image.thumb.png.d2d67d73dce08600749ab4700f88b2c4.png

I also managed to tick of the Copa Argentina with a somewhat underserved Final win over River!

image.thumb.png.16478128c5579d8d2792923b7d02467e.png

Fast forwarding to this season, I'm currently sitting pretty at the top of the league, but with a long way to go and with River & Boca stalking me.....I need to make sure we stay consistent!

image.png.54c759f640d836c30396b59d72a6a57e.png

Challenge Update!

image.thumb.png.456a1858242a4fa1719f29dd52b719c0.png

I really need to get those cups ticked off! But we will get it done. Just means more teams are going to be revamped when I walk through those doors! :brock:

image.png.d5f4c7fb0c0a036e4690919b53fbb2fb.pngimage.png.dd35366c41ad1bcbde5a12aad9bef36d.png