The Ultimate Football Manager Challenge

IZO QUITS JEONBUK

After a less than stellar start to the new season, Jeonbok Boss Izo has decided to quit.

Jeonbuk has made a small revamp of the squad and the results have been inconsistent. Currently placed 2nd in the league an early exit in the secon round of the AFC ChL was the deciding factor.

zatP0Bv.jpg

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Crest.png.0445c91a0ce671576f33f144654eb27e.png

River Plate FC: 2032/33 Review

My first job in South America saw me take charge of one of the biggest sides on the continent. After signing a two year deal to take charge of River Plate it was all about trying to improve results on the pitch and start to build the club into a team that could challenge again. Money wasn’t a great issue, and on top of that the expectations from the board for the rest of the season were more than reasonable. I took over with the team way down in 12th spot, but a little over half the league campaign left to improve fortunes.

After a confident 4-0 victory at home to Newell Old Boys in my first match in charge, my second game at the helm was a Copa Argentina Quarter Final game. Pleasingly we progressed with victory over Racing Club. A league defeat to Independiente immediately followed before we scrambled through our cup semi-final despite a mediocre performance. In the final we would face fierce rivals Boca Juniors, and went into the game as underdogs. We clung on in there, before a moment of magic late on from veteran striker Lautaro Martinez. An 84th minute tap in helping us to lift the trophy.

1356010127_CupCelebrations.png.ee23fc2112ab35d2c69d526ea1a86b85.png

I certainly didn’t expect that, and I had chalked off another domestic cup within six games of my arrival at this club. In the final we didn’t really play that well, but we got one good chance and we took it to lift the crown.

A few league games came and went with some good results before we took on Boca Juniors again, this time in the Super Cup. We produced a really good performance, but after 90 minutes the game was deadlocked at 0-0. The lottery of a penalty shoot out went against us, and we lost out 4-5 on penalties. Disappointing not to snatch a second trophy, but a good effort nonetheless.

The beginning of the Copa Libertadores turned out to be a disaster for us as we crashed out in the group stage without a single victory to our name. A very disappointing welcome to South American continental football for me. Hopefully we can do better in the future. We do at least enter the Copa Sudamerica as a consolation though. A competition I’ll be expected us to perform well in.

In the league we produced some good form to show a marked improvement on the situation when I took charge. The board asked us to clinch qualification for the Copa Libertadores, which meant finishing in the top six places. I wanted to finish top four though, and head straight into the group stages of said competition without the need for qualifiers.

747058766_FinalTable.png.502817600e4fb97e59ce166b8bb7414b.png

I’m pleased with how things went, although there are still improvements to be made. We dropped a fair few points in the dying moments of matches, and that’s something I will look to improve for next season. Thankfully we have a really good young striker though, and he dug us out of a fair few holes. We were slightly inconsistent, but we did enough to achieve the targets laid out and start to look forwards for the next few years.

I’m pretty pleased with how my spell at this club has began. We showed a really improvement in the league and also managed to lift a trophy during my early days. The Copa Argentina won a really bonus for us really. The club possesses plenty of young talents, and if we can bring in some experienced faces I’m confident that we can improve further next time around. This club definitely looks set up to succeed in future years, I’ve just got to try and make sure it happens sooner rather than later. 

I haven’t felt a love for this club yet, but I’m definitely going to be seeking it out. I need to rebuild my career a bit after a stop start 18 months or so. I plan to spend a few years here and attempt to win everything I possibly can. Hopefully we can strengthen the squad over the summer and come back next season fresh and ready to compete for honours. I’m confident we can, but the hard work begins now for me and this great football club.

Season	Club			Competition		Position	Notes & Achievements

2020/21 Uthongathi FC		SA First Division	2nd		Lost in promotion mini-league
2021/22 Uthongathi FC		SA First Division	1st (C)		SA First Division Winners
2022/23 SuperSport United	SA Premier		2nd		SA Knockout Cup Winners
2023/24 SuperSport United	SA Premier		3rd		
2024/25 SuperSport United	SA Premier		2nd		Confederations Cup Winners, SA Cup Winners
2025/26 SuperSport United	SA Premier		1st (C)		SA Premier League Winners, SA Cup Winners, CAF Super Cup Winners, Super-8 Cup Winners, 
2026/27 SuperSport United	SA Premier		3rd		SA Knockout Cup Winners, CAF Champions League Winners
2027	Beijing Gouan		Chinese Super League	6th		Took over in 10th
2028	Beijing Gouan		Chinese Super League	2nd		Chinese FA Cup Winners
2029	Beijing Gouan		Chinese Super League	2nd		Asian Champions League Winners, Chinese FA Cup Winners
2030	Beijing Gouan		Chinese Super League	1st (C)		Chinese Super League Winners, Chinese Super Cup Winners
2031	DC United		MLS East Conference	6th		Took over in 11th
2032/33 River Plate		Argentinian Premier	5th		Copa Argentinos Winners

2/10 top domestic leagues (2025/26 SA Premier League, 2030 Chinese Super League Winners)
3/10 top domestic cups (2022/23 SA Knockout Cup, 2024/25 SA Cup Winners, 2028 Chinese FA Cup Winners)
2/5 club continental championships (2026/27 CAF Champions League Winners, 2029 Asian Champions League Winners, 2032/33 Copa Argentinos Winners)
0/1 club world championship

0/5 continental competitions
0/1 world tournaments

SEASON 8

See the source image

-MINNESOTA UTD-

PRE SEASON/TRANSFERS

Big revamp was required and we managed to do it with a bit of salary cap manipulation by buying down some of the higher earners wages with the large amount of allocation money we had.

The outs do not reflect the amount of players waived and released

image.thumb.png.bdb7a3a8b4c3850f9e3d7f0ce6b3b3d3.png

image.png.470a1d2590a6a20a70590170cf42978f.pngimage.png.9ad28017c72f386fca4cacbef651ab0f.pngimage.png.f719ca67b0f4731e42f54c41e31b7c74.png

Pulido was on the transfer list at Leicester for £2m and he was far too good to pass up for one of my designated player spots.

Not sure how long I will be able to prevent Buthelezi from going to Europe as the fee and wages I have him on are far below his actual talent.

Juarez joined later on and should form a good partnership in the middle with Pulido moving forward.

LAMAR HUNT TROPHY (USA FA CUP)

image.png.7e3664d8f856280cb0753d36e86878c8.png

image.png.8a0dfe403e0d9787fb1600da81fb3f94.png

image.png.fa55c96080b500a5a50e03057a317469.png

image.png.17e3211673767bc3d62a8146361dd9fb.png

image.png.863365826bbfefbce087fbf8578fb816.png

Comprehensive win with home field advantage and the first Silverware with Minnesota. 

Good to get another domestic cup ticked off the list after frustrations in Brazil & Italy

By Winning this trophy it also see's us qualify for the Concacaf Champions league for next season.

MLS LEAGUE

image.png.7f3bee3411ce04a48701dc56d739ea37.pngimage.thumb.png.6e3e42634b01001adc85dcd83c39f47c.png

image.png.7bdb429ab950ea53a16c7965dfe6b656.png

Huge improvement topping our conference and winning the supporters shield....Onto the play offs where we receive a bye into the conference semi's

MLS PLAYOFFS

image.png.4c9665347a675e9011885d3a2bc48eee.png

Nearly fell at the first after LAFC raced into a 2 goal lead and we managed to pip them in a nervy shoot out 4-2.

Made lite work of San Jose in the conference final to be crowned Conference champs and progress to the MLS Cup final v Atlanta who we thrashed in the Lamar Hunt final.

image.png.a909969503b281c494fe5d7d5d345ab7.png

We somehow didn't manage to win this game and then lost on pens to make things worse. FM well and truly bit me.

Absolutely gutted, Atlanta have their revenge!

INTERNATIONAL

ENGLAND

See the source image

NATIONS LEAGUE

image.png.02fd0e4a0b3739ee107ad6e50b04b718.pngimage.png.f76d72610646a31a3ce6bf0fbb7d5521.png

2 Defeats to Germany saw of our nations league hopes but we maintain our top tier status.

As we are hosting the world cup in 2030 we have no qualifiers to play as we automatically qualify.

WHAT'S NEXT

I thought the MLS would be a big problem in regard to managing to build a decent squad with the salary cap restrictions that are in place and the fact I am managing a fairly small market side but I have been pleased with the progress made this season and we should have done the double really after the MLS Cup final robbery so we will be having another go at winning the MLS cup and hopefully managing to have a good run at the CONCACAF CL which I am expecting to be a challenge with the Mexican sides involved.

Internationally World cup 30' is coming up and we are the host nation. The squad will be quite different from the one that won the euros in 28' and maybe not as strong but I am still looking forward to putting on a strong showing as the hosts.

image.thumb.png.7916e46bd59bec3cb2ac66c6d2ed3475.png

image.png.178e741065a1e9fa8c10d0bedf60a8ca.png

Edited by berrers

Quick update from me - not fallen out of love with the save or challenge. I've just had a baby but he's currently in hospital after an operation so trying to get through that first. I'm sure FM will be great for me on those night feed shifts when he's at home!

Atlanta is going OK. We're top of our conference in the MLS with half the regulation season completed. Can't say I'm having the most fun with the MLS still, so depending on how we do I may weigh up leaving Atlanta for pastures new.

@vikeologist Thanks - indeed I was dreading the years spent managing a club just to get to the next once-in-four-years milestone; it's a worthy replacement for the Confed cup :D@Muggert Congrats on the ACON, nice to tick that one off so early! @The Regista hope all goes well with the baby, not sure what's harder - taking care of a newborn or working out the rules in the MLS :)

For me, it was too late for the Monaco job but after the usual December wave of sackings I managed to get a job at FC Nantes. I've noticed that they're normally sniffing round my players and indeed it turns out they were tycoon-ed 7 years ago, so I look forward to cultivating a South Korea vs Qatar match-up to beat that of Abramovich vs The Sheikhs. They haven't managed to win anything since being taken over but the first team is pretty good, probably not far off my Fiorentina side - there is, however, zero depth and my centre back up options are Merih Demiral and Frankie de Jong with a combined age of 72, pace of 12 and strength of 10 ))) So I'm currently looking for some January bargains on  my rather non-tycoon £9m budget.

Crest.png.bea0038e5688228b09a0b49d17e48551.png

River Plate FC: 2033/34 Review

It's fair to say that my managerial career began with a bang. Successes in South Africa were followed by more in China as I picked up regular trophies and left SuperSport United and Beijing Guoan as much better and stronger clubs than when I had joined. After leaving China I endured a difficult spell of both unemployment and as manager of DC United in the MLS. On the field my team did well but I grew frustrated with all the rules and restrictions and had my head turned by the job at River Plate. Declaring my interest resulted in the club relinquishing me of my duties and I was left to spend around seven months unemployed and hunting for my opportunity to return. Somewhat belatedly the job with River Plate did become available, and I signed a deal to take charge. After the setback of America I felt it was important to take on a project rather than a job where immediate success was expected. River Plate are a massive club, but they had been struggling. For me it seemed the perfect role to come in and make a home of myself for the next few years. My early spell at the club went well. We improved our league form to finish in 5th place, a far cry from the 12th placed side I inherited at the midway point. We also managed to lift a trophy, as my side beat Boca Juniors 1-0 to win the Copa Argentinos. A welcome early bonus for me here in Argentina.

As said above, for me this job was about adding some security to my career and staying here for a while. My spell in America left me feeling really damaged and I felt it was important to rebuild my confidence and push my career back to where it was before that ill fated trip. Moving this club on a forward trajectory was the main priority, and I want to win trophies during my time here.

Financially the club isn't in the best place, meaning that I couldn't go crazy with spending on my rebuild job. For that reason I decided to focus on younger players and try to bring in faces to set this club up for the next few years. We spend around £10,000,000 on new signings, although raked in nearly that much in player sales too. A £6,250,000 deal for young central midfielder Carlos Ruiz from Lanus was the biggest signing we made. He's an unbelievable prospect though, and we fought off competition from many big clubs across Europe to get his signature. My team will be build around him over the next few years. As the season kicked off I was keen for us to be as competitive as possible across all fronts. I want to regularly win trophies with this football club, and I definitely wanted us to be more competitive in the league. Boca Juniors really are a strong team in South America, but I was keen for us to compete with them for as long as possible. Despite strengthening I felt we were some way off the league title, but would be happy if we could improve on last seasons showing and also try to grab another trophy.

1113948093_FinalTable.png.972cdc5be4b8acb2626e27214857836a.png

In pre-season I really didn't feel we could achieve what we did. We didn't start the season very well, but just one league defeat in the last four months saw us close the gap on Boca Juniors and end up taking a title race really deep. We never got into top spot, but we did get as close as six points to the league leaders. A much better performance than I had hoped that's for sure.

Last season we produced a really disappointing campaign in the Copa Libertadores, meaning that this time around we would enter the second tier of continental football. We entered the Copa Sudamericana in the knockout rounds, and did really well to get through to the final. A heavy aggregate victory over Corinthians of Brazil in the semi-finals a real highlight to our run. We went into the final as narrow favourites, but wary of the challenge ahead. The final itself was a really nervy game and we were actually second best throughout. We took the lead two minutes in but then found ourselves on the backfoot. A second half equaliser took the game to extra time and we had to dig really deep. Despite being outnumbered two to one on goal attempts a goal from Ivan Brito gave us the lead again and we clung on to lift the trophy for the first time since 2014. It may not be the biggest prize in South America, but it still felt really important to lift the trophy.

1028482545_SudamericanaCopaWin.png.b791288cb7256c3a2cf2c9148d3531c2.png

Having won the Copa Argentinos last season it was all about going through this campaign trying to defend our crown. We breezed through a couple of round before being handed the toughest of tests in the Quarter Finals. A Super Classico derby against Boca Juniors was probably the worst draw, but we produced a very good performance. We failed to register an attempt on goal until the 87th minute but defensively were sublime. Fortunately that 87th minute attempt was a header that hit the back of the net, and we picked up a 1-0 win to move on to the semi-finals.
We met league strugglers Talleres in the semi-final, and just four days removed from the extra time victory in the Copa Sudamericana final we played superbly. Despite rotating a number of players we picked up an impressive 5-0 victory to reach a second consecutive final. It wouldn't be easy to win though, as we would play high flying Racing Club in said game.

365731335_CopaArgentinos.png.6d642375dba78c58fdbccd07bacb61bd.png

Although the score line was a narrow one, we were never really in any danger of losing the game. A superb performance defensively enabled us to pick the trophy up and win the third trophy of my early reign. Absolutely delighted to have won this competition twice, and so far I am still unbeaten in this competition as River Plate manager.

Winning those two competitions gave us the opportunity later in the campaign to try and win two more trophies. After the winter break we found ourselves competing for both the Argentinian Super Cup and the Super Cup Sudamericana. First up was a tough game against rivals Boca Juniors for the Argentinian Super Cup. Having lost the competition last season I really went for it this year and named a full strength squad. In honesty we controlled the game from the very first kick off. Ivan Brito finally gave us a deserved lead on 57 minutes, and in truth we probably should've been home and dry long before that moment. Disappointingly we conceded an equaliser fifteen minutes from time, despite the fact we should have had the game won by that stage. Somehow the game ended 1-1, meaning a penalty shoot out was needed to crown the victors. We triumphed 3-1 on penalties to lift a third trophy of the campaign. Winning trophies was starting to become a regular thing.

Next up was the two legged tie against Copa Libertadores winners Botafogo for the Sudamericana Super Cup. The first leg was at home, and I was a little wary of what to expect. I was hoping we could pick up a solid result in the first leg so we didn't have to worry too much about travelling away to Brazil needing a result. The first leg was a real tense affair that saw both teams score against the run of play. We fell behind just before half time having controlled much of the first period. The second half was a complete role reversal, but we nabbed an equaliser with around fifteen minutes left to play. A 1-1 score line ensured the second leg would be another tense match and so it proved. The second leg saw us spend the first half solely camped in our half. We fell behind to an early goal and were then forced to cling on way through to half time. We nabbed an equaliser on the hour mark, setting the game up nicely for the final half an hour. On 77 minutes we took the lead, but our celebrations were short lived. Just three minutes later we conceded again to deadlock the game at 2-2 and the tie at 3-3 on aggregate. The game went to extra time, and we had a team of exhausted bodies on the field. My team laid my fears to rest just two minutes in though, with Ivan Brito comfortably dispatching a penalty to give us the lead once more. With our backs to the wall and my team really under pressure, we held firm to win the game and tie to lift our fourth trophy of the season.

1026094672_SuperCupContinent.png.5acba6f76c6b476d60edbb601ab046a2.png

So my first full season with River Plate draws to a close, and we can't look at it with any sense of negativity. At the beginning of the season I thought we were way off the pace in the league, but we ended up dragging a title race to the very final day and actually performed really well. To pick up four trophies as well feels like a real personal achievement, even if none of them actually count towards this challenge. My contract with the club ends pretty soon though and I am really torn about what I want to do. Part of me really wants to have a go at trying to win the league, and at the end of the season we're also into the knockout stages of the Copa Libertadores. Another part of me just doesn't feel committed to this club. I'm proud of what I achieved, but I just don't feel particularly attached to this club. I'll see whether anything interesting pops up before my deal expires before making a decision on my future. For now I end this campaign full of pride, and excited to see what the next season brings in my career.

2020/21 Uthongathi FC		SA First Division	2nd		
2024/25 SuperSport United	SA Premier		2nd		Confederations Cup Winners, SA Cup Winners
2025/26 SuperSport United	SA Premier		1st (C)		SA Premier League Winners, SA Cup Winners, CAF Super Cup Winners, Super-8 Cup Winners, 
2026/27 SuperSport United	SA Premier		3rd		SA Knockout Cup Winners, CAF Champions League Winners
2027	Beijing Gouan		Chinese Super League	6th		
2029	Beijing Gouan		Chinese Super League	2nd		Asian Champions League Winners, Chinese FA Cup Winners
2030	Beijing Gouan		Chinese Super League	1st (C)		Chinese Super League Winners, Chinese Super Cup Winners
2031	DC United		MLS East Conference	6th		
2033/34 River Plate		Argentinian Premier	2nd		Copa Sudamericana Winners, Copa Argentinos Winners, Argentinian Super Cup Winners, Sudamericana Super Cup Winners

2/10 top domestic leagues (2025/26 SA Premier League, 2030 Chinese Super League Winners)
3/10 top domestic cups (2022/23 SA Knockout Cup, 2024/25 SA Cup Winners, 2028 Chinese FA Cup Winners, 2032/33 Copa Argentinos Winners)
2/5 club continental championships (2026/27 CAF Champions League Winners, 2029 Asian Champions League Winners)

0/1 world tournaments

Bayern Munich

1200px-FC_Bayern_M%C3%BCnchen_logo_(2017).svg.png

Thought I'd chuck in a quick update, over the summer I swapped Madrid for Munich as I see a good chance to win the German League with the Bavarian side (that said my first choice was Hertha Berlin who have the better players but they didn't agree compensation with Real Madrid). I've had a pretty productive summer with them, pretty much breaking even whilst still, in my mind, strengthening the squad overall, and really, I feel pretty confident we'd be there or there about come the end of the season to break Bayern's 8 year drought for a league title.

However, I've been pining to play a small club to big club save for a while so I'm going to be taking a break overall from this challenge. I am planning to come back later on to finish the save, but given this is a similar scenario to me on this challenge last year I wouldn't bank on it. 

Edited by _JHTB_

Season 2028/2029

image.png.a5941040d4c91284bd26e881bb162a58.png

Been a while since I posted an update, since I have a son time is a little bit more towards him then to to the game, but still in the challenge. In the meanwhile we ended up in South Africa, with one of the favorites in the league, Mamelodi Sundowns. As you can see in the logo, this club is for sure looking for me because 'the sky is the limit'. To start the season we made a fun signing:

1700533737_Schermafbeelding2021-03-27om18_43_42.png.419481399607cffdf1740f06b3551026.png

For fun reasons we signed him for his last season, but he will be coming from te bench most of the times because of his age and his fitness. But still with his qualities we hope he can make some goals for us. And with our playing style he will be getting a lot of chances in the box. Before the start of the season we thought we would be one of the contenders for the title, but what a season we went on. From te start of the season we were the dominate team, and in all competitions combined we lost only two games. Which ment we won the league title, two cup titles and a international title. 

1174419026_Schermafbeelding2021-03-28om10_21_38.png.b7beef5776b41e8c10c641fe14e8cda1.png

After this great season, it would be a nice moment to go for a new club. But because we haven't won the African Champions League yet I've decided to stay for another season in South Africa and hopefully we can win the CL next season. When we achieve that we are done in Africa en can look forward for a new continent to scratch of the list.

458308592_Schermafbeelding2021-04-04om16_36_56.png.3a990643e3355d6e781241d1710d707e.png

1973953196_Schermafbeelding2021-04-04om16_37_46.png.2a1de0902afca303cf2b8604febf2039.png

@The Regista Congrats with the birth of your child. I also became father of a son 6 weeks ago. Hopefully everything is going well now?

First Job - 11 july 2020

FLINT TOWN UNITED

1936.png

Ok, first thought - I hate leagues like Welsh or Irish etc but they were the only ones to offer me a contract and I wanted to find a club fairly quickly. I'm curious to see how long I'll be here, but I'm hoping for some nice results. Fortunately, I have the entire preseason ahead of me.

Media announcement - 8th place - should be easy.

F20210404172037_1.thumb.jpg.bf6336bcfef6c0ebcd0b99372ceecb97.jpg

Shijiazhuang Ever Bright football club - Soccer Wiki for the fans, by the  fans      upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/92/Fla...

Season 2023

SJZ Ever Bright and Mali

Well, that was an interesting season.

Domestically, we crashed out of the cup to lower league opposition in the fifth round, losing 1-0 after turning in a pretty appalling performance all told. It confirmed to me that I've got a reliable core of 13/14 players, but that the rest of this squad is absolutely nowhere near being up to scratch. This meant that it was essential that we got through the season with as few injuries and suspensions as possible.

In the league, we started in spectacular fashion, thumping DL Pro 7-0 and then only dropping 2 points from our first 8 games. Three score draws proceeded another 4 wins on the bounce, extending our unbeaten league run to 15, with another draw taking that to 16. Then July hit. Back-to-back 4-3 defeats, coupled with another draw and a defeat pushed us down into third. We then rattled off another 8 league wins on the bounce, but it wasn't enough to catch Shandong, who sealed back-to-back title wins. We got thumped 5-1 on the final day of the season by Guangzhou, meaning we finished third, 5 points off Shandong and level on points with Beijing Guo'an. No trophies, but Champions League football secured for next season.

Player-wise, all of the plaudits have to go to Oscar Maritu. I took the bold call at the start of the season to play him ahead of Liu Xinyu, who had fired us to safety last season. It was, without doubt, the best decision I could've made. He hit 34 goals and provided 8 assists in 30 games, which is utterly phenomenal. Right winger Gustavo Torres scored 13 and provided 8 assists as well. Centre back pairing Andrea Hristov and loan signing Liu Junming averaged 7.24 and 7.22 respectively across the season, and I'll be looking to try and bring Junming in permanently for next season.

Internationally, Mali and Me had an absolutely whale of a time at the African Cup of Nations. We beat South Africa 1-0, Comoros 2-0 and Senegal by the same scoreline to breeze through the group stage, before thrashing Egypt 4-0, with two absolute stunners from Yves Bissouma in central midfield. We conceded our first goal of the tournament as Algeria went 1-0 up in our quarter final, but we were behind for less than a minute, before Sekou Koita grabbed a winner for us with less than ten minutes to go. We raced into a 3-0 lead against Nigeria in the semi final, with Bissouma again scoring, before the game finished 4-1. We took on DR Congo in the final, and there was something ironic in that, as they had snubbed calling up Oscar Maritu, despite his brilliant strike rate this year. We found ourselves 2-0 up by half time, Bissouma on the scoresheet yet again, before a Moussa Marega double late in the day rounded off another 4-1 victory, sealing the first international trophy of the challenge for me in the process. It's incredible to think we were only behind for less than a minute in the whole competition. A thoroughly deserved victory in what would be my final game leading Mali.

So what next? Club-wise, I'm obviously remaining in China. We've just had a takeover, and our new owner promised me £55m in transfer funds. What has he actually given me, I hear you ask? £4m. Another tough transfer window lies ahead. Internationally, I'm on the lookout for a new post. I've taken my National A license, so feel like I'm becoming something of a decent proposition for people now.

Season   Team    	Position	Notes and Achievements
2021	 Inter Turku	1st		League winners! Finnish Cup winners! Manager of the Year.
2022	 SJZ Ever Bright 12th		Took over with the club bottom with 11 games to go.
2023	 SJZ Ever Bright 3rd		Qualified for the Asian Champions League. Manager of the Year.	

Challenge Progress

Club

1/10 top domestic leagues (Inter Turku - Finland)

1/10 domestic cups (Inter Turku - Finland)

0/5 club continental championships 

International

1/5 continental tournaments African Cup of Nations (Mali 2023)

0/1 world tournaments

Edited by numero uno gunner
Added detail.

Crest.png.aaf9e53f1d1ab40f4c48246e9ad950bd.png

River Plate FC: 2034/35 Review

Five trophies across a season and a half with this club had set my career back on path after a disappointing period of unemployment after my exit from DC United of America. Last season we grabbed four trophies and as the season drew to a close we had managed to take ourselves through the group stages of the Copa Libertadores as well. We entered this season with high hopes of pushing further on continentally as well as trying to win a league title and snatch it away from our biggest rivals Boca Juniors. The summer was a busy one and we allowed a number of really promising players to leave. The biggest sale saw our number one stopper leave to join Flamengo for £10,000,000, but we replaced him with a £6,000,000 deal for Racing Club keeper Dario Ciavatta who was a more than able replacement. Aside from that we focused our incomings on adding some depth to our squad.

The season started fairly well, although a run of four straight defeats in November saw us slip in the league as well as suffer my first managerial defeat in the Copa Argentinos, as Velez knocked us out 0-2 at the quarter final stage. Thankfully we gained revenge just four days later though, beating the same team 4-2 to win in the semi finals of the Copa Libertadores and book a spot in the final. That performance coming after a tense 0-0 at home in the first leg. Our run in the Libertadores saw us beat last seasons winners Botafogo in the quarter finals as well, having comfortably seen off Santos in the first knockout round. The final would see us play Brazilian side Flamengo as we looked to win the competition for the first time since 2018.

461640010_WinLibertadores.png.095a0940f1cd3b402274655241629d8a.png

An unbelievable evening was capped off with a penalty shoot out win as I lifted my third continental trophy as a manager. We took an early lead but got completely outplayed in the second period. A last gasp penalty saw us snatch a 2-2 draw and we managed to cling on through extra time. We were very much second best on the night, but I’m delighted to grab the biggest prize in South America. Having lost out in the Copa Argentinos this meant that I could focus the rest of the campaign solely on trying to pip Boca Juniors to the league title. It wouldn’t be easy, but I was hoping the Copa Libertadores victory would give my players the confidence to really push on and win the one trophy I was left to conquer in Argentina.

Before that we had the Sudamericana Super Cup to compete in though, facing the Copa Sudamericana winners Juniors of Columbia over two legs. In a low scoring affair we won the first leg 1-0 away from home before scraping a 0-0 draw to lift the trophy again and grab yet more silverware.

1634978992_SuperCupWin.png.f6ffa005162bd2176acad1ec15ef493b.png

Our league form continued strongly, as we pushed Boca Juniors at the top of the table. We strung together a 14 match unbeaten run through to the final day, including a thumping 4-1 home victory over our rivals. We went into the final day needing to win and hope Boca dropped points against Racing Club.

1888040788_PrimeraDivisin_Stages-5.png.324e189dbff42fa240ea5f8277532e5e.png

We lost out to Independiente in a disappointing performance, but Boca Juniors defeated their opposition anyway to clinch another league title. A disappointing end to a really good campaign.

I’m gutted to have missed out on the league title, although winning the Copa Libertadores does mean that this season was a success. That’s three continental club competitions now, and leaves me chasing just a couple. I’m gutted with the league though, and for that reason I’ve already agreed to take charge of a new job. I couldn’t see me managing to take this side past Boca Juniors, and we really missed out on that this time around. My new job is all confirmed though, and I’ll join a promising club midway through a very difficult campaign. 

2033/34 River Plate		Argentinian Premier	2nd		Copa Sudamericana Winners, Copa Argentinos Winners, Argentinian Super Cup Winners, Sudamericana Super Cup Winners
2034/35 River Plate		Argentinian Premier	2nd		Copa Libertadores Winners, Sudamericana Super Cup Winners

3/10 top domestic cups (2022/23 SA Knockout Cup, 2024/25 SA Cup Winners, 2028 Chinese FA Cup Winners, 2032/33 Copa Argentinos Winners)
3/5 club continental championships (2026/27 CAF Champions League Winners, 2029 Asian Champions League Winners, 2034/35 Copa Libertadores Winners)

0/1 world tournaments

June 2035: Job Update

My two and a half year spell in Argentina was already confirmed to be ending before the end of the season, with a heart breaking finale confirmed. Defeat on the final day coupled with a Boca Juniors victory ensured we would finish in 2nd place again. Fortunately the season was far from a failure though, a penalty shoot out victory over Flamengo giving us the prize of the Copa Libertadores. As the season drew to a close I had already decided it was time to move on, with a new challenge needed. I'd enjoyed the success I had with River Plate, grabbing seven trophies across my two and a half year spell in charge. Unfortunately I just didn't see us toppling Boca Juniors for the title though, and for that reason decided now was the time to move on. In a move that was confirmed for a day after the end of the league season I have moved on and into my new role.

824209378_SeattleTakeover.png.fcadc457ed416674ae2b59dece2ede5c.png

Around halfway through the campaign I had already decided that I wanted to return to America. After my short spell with DC United I was left with a really underlying feeling of disappointment and also that I had some unfinished business in the nation. I'm nearly ready to head on to Europe, but as a possible last stop from that I have returned to the MLS. Seattle aren't enjoying a very good campaign though, and my job certainly isn't going to be easy. They won the opening four games of the season, but have since gone 11 matches without victory.

467710618_Positiononappointment.png.74c1dfbd9cc5a7126a8c37353679559d.png

Goal scoring has been a really big problem so far, but I am confident that I can turn things around. Upon arrival the club have no fit goalkeepers which won't help either. Money is in the bank, and I am confident that now is the right time to undertake this challenge. There are some good players here already, and I think with a few good signings we should be able to challenge much higher. My hope for the rest of this season is just to try and creep into the end of season play-offs. The media predicted a 3rd placed finish at the start of the season, so clearly they are underperforming. Hopefully my arrival will spark a change in fortunes and we can look at being much more competitive going forward.

2034/35 River Plate		Argentinian Premier	2nd		Copa Libertadores Winners, Sudamericana Super Cup Winners
2035	Seattle Sounders	MLS Western Conference

3/5 club continental championships (2026/27 CAF Champions League Winners, 2029 Asian Champions League Winners, 2034/35 Copa Libertadores Winners)

0/1 world tournaments

Edited by goonergez

Season 16 (2035-2036) & Season 17 (2036-2037)

spacer.png

I already dropped a hint somewhere in this thread, so no surprise where I am: Russia! For those of you that can't read Cyrillic: I'm at FC Ural Yekaterinburg. On the look-out for a new club, I stumbled upon FC Ural. Their manager for almost 15 years just retired and he left behind quite the project: having never won anything before, he managed to create a club worthy of challenging Zenit and CSKA. They won the cup in the previous season and finished 2nd in the league, which meant European Football, enabling me to sign better players. The team was in good shape, no surprise, so I mainly decided to bring in some foreign youngsters (rules allow only a certain number of foreigners, but under-21 players are excluded). We had two Brazilian strikers, who formed quite the pair. 

The season started with the Champions League Qualification Path. After surviving 2 rounds (beating Fenerbahce and Rangers...) we faced Sporting CP in the last round. We lost the first match 4-1, but managed to get to a 4-1 lead in the second match... only to concede late and finish 4-2, which meant we were out. We did qualify for the Europa League, where I played mainly my B-team since my focus was on the League and the Cup.

A pretty straightforward campaign saw only a surprisingly strong Arsenal Tula able to keep up with me. We faced them in a title battle in the 2nd-to-last round ; we went down 1-0 in the 8th minute, and I feared the worst. Luckily for me however, my Brazilian Striker Squad turned op the heat, scoring 4 in quick succession. We didn't give away that lead, so the title was ours!

Exactly one week later, we faced Arsenal Tula again, this time in the final of the Kubok Rossii. Scoring 2 in the first half saw me sitting back celebrating the victory, when all of a sudden they managed to score 2, dragging this one to extra time. Luckily for me, we scored two ourselves in the first half of the extra time, which meant their goal in the 116th minute was to late ; we had won the double!

You know my style by now, so no surprise: I left straight after the season ended. I checked the available jobs and quickly found one to my liking...

spacer.png

Club Brugge, easily one of the best clubs in Belgium. The hadn't won the league in the previous two seasons (nor the cup), so they were looking for quick prizes. Well, I'm your man :brock:. The squad was HUGE, so I started offloading all the players I wasn't going to need. I raked in a huge 95M on Transfer Fees... only to find out no-one - and by that I mean absolutely no-one - wanted to play for a Belgium team... I managed to sign 2 half-decent players, but I was forced to use the club's youth talents for the most part. Luckily for me, Club Brugge has one of the best youth systems I've ever seen (surely boosted by the rules in Belgium, stating clubs have to use under-21 players in the starting 11).

I started the campaign by winning 10 matches in the League. I knew for sure it would be smooth sailing, and I was not mistaken. I managed to top the league by 8 points (dropped a few around the European matches later in the season), only to find out... winning the league in Belgium doesn't mean winning the league! After the regular season is finished, the top 4 placed teams enter the Championship Group, where you keep 50% of your points from the season... So, not only hadn't I won the league yet, my lead over the #2 was down to 4 points with 6 tough matches to go within 4 weeks...

After drawing the first match, my lead was down to 2 points. After winning the next match, it was time to face the #2, Standard Liege, twice in a row. We won the first match (1-0), only to get thrashed in the second match (3-1), which meant my lead was still only 2 points with 2 matches to go. The 2nd-to-last match saw me drawing, which made me fear for the worst... only, lucky for me, Standard Liege lost! We were 3 points up and since the 'league sorting when tied' was based on the final position in the regular season, we were  - finally! - Champions!

In between the 6 matches in the Championship Group, we had to play the Final op the Croky Cup (between the 4th and the 5th match... really Belgium?). We faced a mediocre KAA Gent there, whom we managed to beat 1-0 thanks to a goal in the very first minute - I once again nailed the double!

Y'all can guess by now what I did next right... Yup, I quit, currently on the look-out for a nice opportunity. On the club-side, I have to win 3 Domestic Cups and the African Champions League, so I'll be cup hunting from now on...

International

2036 brought on both the European Championship and the Copa America, so I waited eagerly for the end of the tournaments and the inevitable sackings... and I was not disappointed. Belgium, France, Germany ; they all opened up, and I applied to all... Only to find out: no one wanted me! Never expected this to happen, but I got turned down by several nations, whom all opted for managers of the nations nationality. Lucky for me, my own nation decided to bring me back on for a second spell...

spacer.png

Not my first choice, since winning the World Cup is all that is left outside of the Asian Cup, but I'm going to give it a go nonetheless. The first XI is quite nice actually, so I'm just hoping for no nasty injuries or bans. I've currently played the last two matches of the Nations League campaign (where Spain topped my group) and 4 qualifying matches (Goals scored: 15, Goals conceded: 0), so nothing much to report for now.

Career Summary

image.thumb.png.4b8c5f315ebfd8fe26c990285bdbfaad.png

image.png.d4d407e24c77bc5df8d86d5a550228f8.png

image.png.60b35152c9bdd5fc7ce1c4bb4c90cb70.png

Edited by Siepe1990

@Siepe1990 that’s an impressive cluster of trophies right there! Great work! Baring in mind I’m only a couple of years behind you I am a long way off where you are in regards to this challenge 🙈🙈🙈

hopefully you can chalk off the last required trophies quickly!

164040.png.142a650427c837c25850ff4ed00e9010.png

Seattle Sounders FC: 2035 Review

A successful few years with River Plate had drawn to a close, and I opted for a return to a nation that hadn’t been kind to me previously. My new job was with the Seattle Sounders, last seasons MLS winners. They’d endured a difficult start to their title defence though, and I joined with them sat way down in 9th place and a point adrift of the play off spots. Winning the conference table looked impossible already, and instead my target was purely to improve fortunes. Having won the first four matches of the campaign the club had endured a frustrating run of eleven matches without victory. Something I would need to put right quickly.

My early days in charge weren’t that simple though. We lost two of my opening four matches in charge, and only managed to draw the other two. In that run was an extra time defeat to Portland Timbers seeing us exit the US Open at the first hurdle as well. Even at this early stage my job was in question. I thought it was a bit tough actually, but already my job was listed as precarious and I was beginning to fear the worst. Thankfully things did improve though. A run of three wins and three draws saw us climb up the table, and we also advanced to the quarter final stage of the Leagues Cup. We would exit at that stage though, suffering a 1-2 extra time defeat to Montreal Impact. Surprisingly our next league defeat saw the board haul me in for a meeting and I really started to fear that my time in this country was up. Thankfully they stuck with me and we actually improved some more through to the end of the league stage. A record of 10-6-3 wasn’t overly impressive, but it was an improvement and at least it was enough to take us into the play off stages.

1690008073_WConferenceTable.png.9c9fa104089687ea8d891919ddc114fe.png

We showed clear improvements to at least reach the end of season play off stages and have an outside sniff of winning the MLS. I wasn’t confident in that, but felt that even getting that far was quite an achievement from where I took charge. Our overall standing in the Supporters Shield was 10th, which is neither great nor particularly bad. First up in the play-offs was a very difficult looking trip away to LA Galaxy in the First Round. As expected we faxed a barrage of early pressure but two goals in a five minute period late in the first half put us in complete control. We dominated the second half to complete a memorable 4-0 win, Helped by a Will Jones hat trick and advanced to the conference semi-finals. Awaiting us was a trip to Real Salt Lake who won both the Western Conference league and the Supporters Shield with there record. It was sure to be a tough game, and so it proved. A tense contest was decided by a penalty on the half hour mark, as that man Will Jones played the hero again. A 1-0 victory putting us into the final of the Western Conference. One victory away from getting to compete for the MLS Cup.

The final would see us on the road again, this time against Portland Timbers. A side we had beaten in the league but also lost to in the US Open Cup. Playing our biggest rivals in such a big game was sure to create nerves and so it showed. The first half was goalless but I was pleased with what we had showed, especially defensively. We got our reward four minutes into the second half and never looked back. We added a second just a minute later and found ourselves 2-0 in front and in complete control. When the whistle blew for full time the score was 3-1. We had done what we wanted and were one game away from winning what had looked like the most unlikely of MLS trophies. The final would see us play Montreal Impact, who had won league section of the Eastern Conference before making there way to the final.

95246215_MLSCup.png.f262d6432268002ad59e6c0d52aa87f4.png

As expected in such a big game there were nerves from both sides and the early proceedings were extremely tense. We took a shock lead against the run of play, and manage to hold on until half time with that lead still intact. Unfortunately our opposition seemed reinvigorated by the break, and just 40 seconds from the restart our lead had gone. The second half saw us really up against it, and we deservedly went behind on the hour mark. At this stage I struggled to feel confident in our abilities to fight back, and it showed on the field. We didn’t create much of quality and slipped to defeat to miss out on the trophy.

The early stages of my time with Seattle has been difficult, although there have been some positives to take. After a sluggish start the form on the pitch improved significantly and we looked much more capable of picking up points as the season drew to a close. In all honesty we finished about where I had expected us to after my arrival at the club. To get as far as the MLS Cup Final caps off our improvement, even if that game didn’t go as we had hoped.The lack of security around my job is a worry though. Although at the moment I seem safe, I thought it’s been pretty harsh how close I’ve been to losing my position. I joined the club on an 11 match winless run and after adding four more to that I found my job in a precarious position. Literally within a couple of weeks here I was already fighting just to keep my position. We then strung together a run of three wins and three draws before tasting defeat, but that defeat sparked yet more speculation I was on my way out. Especially when I was called in for a board meeting. Form since then had improved though and so at the moment there does at least seem to be a little security in my position here.

My contract runs until the end of the next season, but I can see myself staying here for a while. If the board allow that is. I am still hungry to win trophies, although aware that it’s going to be more difficult here than I’ve found previously. I think it’ll take me a little longer to build a team capable of winning things here, and I’m actually alright with that. I’m in no rush whatsoever and I have really enjoyed building teams over a couple of years and leaving clubs in better shape than when I joined. For this close season I want to focus on understanding the rules and regulations a little better as well as bringing in a few faces to help our results improve. The team isn’t a million miles away from where I want it to be, but it is going to take a little time to shape my squad in my style. I’m happy to be here though, and somewhat surprisingly I’m actually really pleased that my position here seems safe for the time being. Hopefully my longer term achievements here will help me to form a bond with football in this country before I depart for Europe and the last leg of my journey.

2035	Seattle Sounders	MLS Western Conference	5th		MLS Western Conference Winners

0/1 world tournaments

21 hours ago, goonergez said:

@Siepe1990 that’s an impressive cluster of trophies right there! Great work! Baring in mind I’m only a couple of years behind you I am a long way off where you are in regards to this challenge 🙈🙈🙈

hopefully you can chalk off the last required trophies quickly!

Thanks mate - one of the things I'm 'known for' in the game right now reads "Leading teams to title wins", so yeah, I got that going for me ;). Have to say though I'm kinda missing building a team up for a few years like I did with Willem II, Crystal Palace and Leeds Utd (or like you are planning to do with Seattle Sounders)...  Currently I'm only taking jobs with teams that have the ability to score prizes from day one (spoiler: currently at Fenerbahce and sailing towards the title - which is not even my goal, since I already have all the titles I need, so fingers crossed for the cup).

All part of the charm of this challenge, never been this close to finishing the challenge. The World Cup and Asian Cup might give me some trouble though... Not winning the World Cup in 2038 with Holland (I'm not giving myself much more than a 50/50 chance) would add another 4 years to the challenge. The Asian Cup is a different matter all together: it's held in 2039, so I'm hoping one of the teams in the World Cup (Japan, Australia, Iran, South Korea or China) sacks their managers afterwards, so I can take over. If not, I will have to wait until the next one in 2043... which is not what I'm hoping for.

42 minutes ago, Siepe1990 said:

Thanks mate - one of the things I'm 'known for' in the game right now reads "Leading teams to title wins", so yeah, I got that going for me ;). Have to say though I'm kinda missing building a team up for a few years like I did with Willem II, Crystal Palace and Leeds Utd (or like you are planning to do with Seattle Sounders)...  Currently I'm only taking jobs with teams that have the ability to score prizes from day one (spoiler: currently at Fenerbahce and sailing towards the title - which is not even my goal, since I already have all the titles I need, so fingers crossed for the cup).

All part of the charm of this challenge, never been this close to finishing the challenge. The World Cup and Asian Cup might give me some trouble though... Not winning the World Cup in 2038 with Holland (I'm not giving myself much more than a 50/50 chance) would add another 4 years to the challenge. The Asian Cup is a different matter all together: it's held in 2039, so I'm hoping one of the teams in the World Cup (Japan, Australia, Iran, South Korea or China) sacks their managers afterwards, so I can take over. If not, I will have to wait until the next one in 2043... which is not what I'm hoping for.

I’ve been trying to avoid international management for now. I’m not really in a rush to complete the challenge, if I even manage it. I’ve enjoyed managing in nations I wouldn’t have touched before and also building teams over a few years has been enjoyable. Funnily enough the league wins is what’s letting me down actually. I’ll have to see how I can do with Seattle.

SEASON 1 (2020-2021)

FLINT TOWN UNITED

1936.png

After a bad start (2 draws in 6 matches) we made a series of 14 matches in which we lost only 1 match and scored 33 points. The end of the season was again interspersed with draws and defeats so we finished the league in 4th place. Fortunately the Wales Cup became a pass to the UEFA Europa Conference League. For now, I will stay at this club waiting for a better offer. Yes, I forgot. Unfortunately, no license could be obtained.

image.png.59b6e97faab4598853080fbd0275b47f.png

image.png.68aab519c3a125cfee5d7591fddd2e97.png

nantes.png.9af1cf8a43d1232ac469ec5dd9385b65.png

Season 14 (2033/34) - FC Nantes

After winning the CWC with Barcelona, I quit and waited for the right job to come along. I kind-of wanted to go to a not-too-big club to have a chance to build the squad a bit and not just win everything easily, especially since I still need some international tournaments and have won all the necessary club continental trophies already. 

So I was happy when the job at tycoon-backed Nantes came along, and I got it. Unfortunately they went on a bit of an ill-advised spending spree in the summer so I only had £9m left in the bank. The squad was decent but a bit bloated with too many old players and foreign players that I could not register, so I managed to raise some funds in the January window. I really needed defenders but could not scout any in time and all the targets on my Barcelona shortlist were too expensive, so I ended up loaning some defensive cover and bolstering the attack with what turned out to be some duds in Mitrovic and Crispim and a hit in a great Turkish wonderkid Eser Yilmaz.

spacer.png

League We were in 7th place when I joined, not too bad, but quite far away from the top 3 CL spots (France have slipped down the rankings this year so 4th no longer qualified). The start was a bit rocky with some draws and defeats to poor teams, but then the squad gelled and we picked up form, beating most of the top teams including PSG in the run in which makes me hopeful for next season, especiall as PSG "only" got 88 points this year. Unfortunately we fell just short of the CL spots, finishing 4th with a pretty healthy 76 points.

spacer.png

Cup PSG got knocked out so I didn’t have to face them, and quite easily got to the final against Lille. The final was a bit of a mad game, a 5-3 goalfest that was 2-2 on xG. The hero was one of my January signings Kabangu, who only played because both of my main strikers were injured but ended up scoring 4 and more or less singlehandedly winning us the trophy.

spacer.png spacer.png

Europe The club finished 3rd in their CL group so off into the Europa knockouts we went. We could not register all our new signings but most of the tough games coincided with our amazing run of form so we got to the final quite easily, with Arsenal in the quarters the only really tough opponent. In the final we faced Juventus, a much better team, but we were rather lucky, winning 3-1 despite losing on xG. You definitely won't hear me complaining about this though as even though I don't need the trophy for the challenge, this means that we will get the CL money to bolster the squad in the summer.

spacer.png spacer.png

Players Center back Roni was ever present and by far our best-performing defender, Davide Centrone - a bargain signed in the summer by the AI from Basel - was great in a forward role, scoring 23 including one in the EL final against his compatriots Juventus, and I have to include Kabangu, an underrated player who I knew from my France days and we signed in January, more than repaying his modest fee with that performance in the French cup final.

spacer.png spacer.png spacer.png

Less than 10 trophies left now, though I am becoming a bit jaded (yes, by playing a computer game ))))  ). World Cup with France is next. @Siepe1990 doing well there mate, you're getting dangerously close to completion :D

CLUB CAREER
                                                                -----------

Season    Club               Division           League     Cups                          Notes
                                                            1st    2nd    Cont    CWC
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2020/21    TS Sporting        RSA Div. 1           5                                      Took over in 9th, finished 5th
2021/22    TS Sporting        RSA Div. 1           1                                      
2022/23    Orlando Pirates    RSA Premier          1        Won    Won                    A quintuple of league, MTN 8, Knockout cup, Nedbank cup and CAF confed cup
2023/24    Orlando Pirates    RSA Premier          1        Won    Won    Won             A clean sweep domestically + champions league    
2024/25	   Cruz Azul	      Mex Liga BBVA        1  	    Won                           Won both apertura and clasura
2025/26	   Cruz Azul	      Mex Liga BBVA        1  	              Won 	   
2026/27	   Jeonbuk	      K League 1           1        Won           Won             A quickly completed treble   
2027/28	   San Lorenzo	      Argentine Premier    2 
2028/29	   San Lorenzo	      Argentine Premier    1        Won                 	  A domestic double + Copa Sudamericana
2029/30	   San Lorenzo	      Argentine Premier	   n/a                    Won             Won Copa Libertadores in November  
2029/30	   Fiorentina	      Serie A   	   5                                      Took over in 18th but just missed out on CL   
2030/31	   Fiorentina	      Serie A   	   1	    Won                                                                     
2031/32    Barcelona          La Liga		   1        Won 			  Runners up in the CL    
2032/33    Barcelona          La Liga		   1        Won           Won      Won 
2033/34    Nantes             Ligue 1		   4        Won                           Won the Europa league       
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

INTERNATIONAL CAREER
                                                           --------------------

Season Nation         Cups                                                              Notes
                       World Cup   Euros   Asian Cup   ACON   Gold Cup   Copa America

2020/21 Turkmenistan         
2021/22 Uzbekistan                                      			          Qualified for World Cup through playoffs
2022/23 Uzbekistan                                       			          World Cup Group Stage; Asian cup Q/F
2023/24 Ivory Coast
2024/25 Ivory Coast				        Won
2025/26 Ivory Coast			                                                  Lost in World Cup third round
2026/27 Australia			       Won	
2028/29 Mexico						        Won
2029/30 Mexico						        			  Lost in World Cup third round
2030/31 France										  Won the Nations League
2031/32 France		            Won								  
2032/33 France										  Won the Nations League

Challenge Progress:

Club
 6/10 top domestic leagues: South Africa (Orlando Pirates); Mexico (Cruz Azul); South Korea (Jeonbuk); Argentina (San Lorenzo); Italy (Fiorentina); Spain (Barcelona)
 7/10 domestic cups: South Africa (Orlando Pirates); Mexico (Cruz Azul); South Korea (Jeonbuk); Argentina (San Lorenzo); Italy (Fiorentina); Spain (Barcelona); France (Nantes)
 5/5 club continental championships: CAF Champions League (Orlando Pirates), CONCACAF CL (Cruz Azul); Asian CL (Jeonbuk); Copa Libertadores (San Lorenzo); Champions League (Barcelona)
 1/1 club world championship: Barcelona

International
 4/5 continental tournaments: ACON (Ivory Coast); Asian Cup (Australia); Gold Cup (Mexico); Euros (France)
 0/1 world tournaments:

Overall: 23/32

164040.png.4a8a60574f13a8b4f855e3885ee9f5c1.png

Seattle Sounders FC: 2036 Review

Having departed River Plate to return to America, my spell with the Seattle Sounders started somewhat rocky. My job was in serious jeopardy just a few games in, before my squad seemed to click and results on the field began to improve. We improved to finish in the play-off spots and advanced through to win our Western Conference. We fell short in the MLS Cup Final though, losing to Montreal Impact in a game which saw us completely dominated. This season was all about improvement and for that reason we spend significant money in the summer market. We parted with around £15,000,000 on new players, but picked up some really talented players. 20-year old left winger Derek Barrett probably the pick of them having been grabbed for a £3,000,000 compensation fee from Manchester City. £6,000,000 was parted to Colorado Rapids for striker Henry Ali, but our best signing cost us just £50,000. Central midfielder Lee Yong-Kyoo was signed from Jeonbuk of South Korea and was a really key performer at the heart of our midfield.

My hopes this season were for a really good league campaign, as I looked for my team to lift the MLS Cup having come so close last season. We began the season in fantastic form, and during the league phase we just never let up. A league record for victories, points and goals scored saw us smash our way through the league phase and show the rest of the league that we really needed to be taken seriously.

2116933008_FinalWestConferenceTable.png.90b5442323acb8793d947ed5e6ebb6e2.png

We absolutely dominated our conference, and included in the campaign were some really big victories. We were never in doubt of winning our conference and the only challenge for the Supporters Shield came from teams within the Eastern. The Supporters Shield being the trophy handed out to the team with the best overall record across the two different conferences.

1405351869_SupportersShieldWin.png.8fafde15017a722a649f31d7ae91e772.png

After being pushed hard for the trophy we eventually won it with four matches still to play. For a long time it looked like Montreal Impact would once again be a thorn in our side, but they lost form just as our relentless unbeaten streak continued. We ended up winning the trophy at a canter, something that pleased the board massively. I'm delighted to win silverware, and to have the best record of any team in this country is definitely something to be very proud of indeed.

Winning the Eastern Conference League gave us a bye in the First Round of the play-offs and a spot straight in at the semi-final stage. At this stage my only hope was to win the MLS Cup, meaning we needed three wins in three games. The semi-final draw would see us play either FC Dallas or LAFC. I was hoping for the former if I am honest, but unfortunately despite needing extra time it was LAFC we would meet. I was really nervous of the tie, but my team performed superbly and came out all guns blazing from the first whistle. For some reason we couldn't make the breakthrough though and went in at half time with the score still locked at 0-0. That being despite us having two penalties given and then overturned by VAR. In the end it took us until the 56th minute to take the lead, with a stunning finish from striker Will Jones. His 32nd goal of the campaign. We pushed for a second, but never got it and the game ended with the 1-0 score line to see us into the Western Conference Final once more.

We would play against Real Salt Lake for an opportunity to compete in the MLS Cup Final. Anticipating a tough contest we got the perfect start, Nicolas Garcia popping up just 21 seconds into the game to give us the lead. The early goal set a pattern and we absolutely dominated the first period. Finding that valuable second goal proved elusive though, despite hitting the woodwork twice and created nine attempts on the opposition goal. The vital second goal did eventually arrive, a 59th minute penalty from Will Jones confirmed by VAR to put us in complete control.
The rest of the game passed with little activity, and we clung on for a 2-0 victory to win the MLS Western Conference for the second straight year.

Having progressed as planned through the play-offs, we would meet Toronto FC in the MLS Cup Final, hoping to right the wrongs of our defeat in last seasons game.

1851930691_MLSCupWin.png.11672e26ce744e13b9efc0bbc9e498f6.png

Having failed in the domestic cup competition, I was hoping we could give an improved account of ourselves in the Leagues Cup competition. A trophy handed out to the team winning a competition derived of teams from both America and Mexico. We breezed through ties against Club Leon, Chicago Fire and Orlando City to reach the final where we would play against Montreal Impact. Another opportunity at some silverware meaning there was plenty of excitement ahead of the game held in Las Vegas. Having lifted the Supporters Shield before this game I was fortunate enough to be able to rest a host of players for the league match four days prior, unlike our opposition. I was hoping this could provide us with an edge in regards to fitness that would enable us to lift the trophy.

1404102125_LeaguesCupFinal.png.c3268470ee07c7ea8347af8c76af5df6.png

So it was third time lucky for this club as I guide them to a first ever Leagues Cup crown in their third final. We started the game really sluggishly though, finding the pressure of a cup final a little too much. We fell behind early on, before bouncing back well and equalising just before the half time break. The second half actually came and went with little activity, much more lacklustre than the first period. We controlled the game but simply couldn't break them down. In the end Henry Ali stepped up to repay a large chunk of his big transfer fee by placing the winning penalty into the net and giving us a more than deserved victory.

A superb campaign for me and the club as we pick up a host of honours and chalk another league title off of the challenge. My team were fantastic from the very beginning of the season and we definitely deserved to be as dominant as we were. Winning the MLS Cup was perfectly deserved and caps off a glorious season. My contract with the club is about to end, but I think I am definitely going to stay here. Hopefully the club offer me a new deal and I can carry on achieving with this side. I'd definitely like one more crack at winning the US Open, and we should do just that. We're the best team in America, and winning that would just cap everything for me of my time here. I'm also looking forward to the opportunity to compete in the Champions League next season, which presents a new challenge. 

The close season is going to take some work though, especially if we want another season like this. Disappointingly our main man Will Jones is leaving the club, having agreed a £5,000,000 deal to join Fenerbache. He will be hard to replace, and there are a few other areas on the pitch I will also be looking to improve. It's not going to be an easy task at all. I've now loaded up some European leagues as well though, with my next aim to head over there to win more honours. I'm in no rush though, and if I am honest I think another year in America is exactly what I am after. Hopefully a new contract is offered soon and I can try to finish creating something really special with this club.

Quadruple.png.3033dbe71f6eb7c8c01ed7b2351e3513.png

2035	Seattle Sounders	MLS Western Conference	5th		MLS Western Conference Winners
2036	Seattle Sounders	MLS Western Conference	1st (C)		MLS Cup Winners, Supporters Shield Winners, MLS Western Conference Winners, Leagues Cup Winners

3/10 top domestic leagues (2025/26 SA Premier League, 2030 Chinese Super League Winners, 2037 MLS Cup Winners)

0/1 world tournaments

On 07/04/2021 at 23:31, dkouv said:

@Siepe1990 doing well there mate, you're getting dangerously close to completion

Well @dkouv, same can be said about you... In 2034 I was at 8 titles, 5 cups, 3 champions league and 1 CWC.

You're at 6 titles, 7 cups, 5 champions leagues (wow... that's really nice!) and 1 CWC - you are 2 trophies ahead of me, so keep up the pace! I had a 'slow' start with both Willem II and Crystal Palace  (I picked up only 1 club trophy in the first 6 years...), but started picking up the pace later on, especially in the last couple of years.

Internationally we're even (4 cups each), but I still have the Asian Cup to go (which I have never ever won before in my 15+ years of FM), where you 'only' have the Copa America left.

I can relate to the 'getting a bid jaded', I'm feeling the same... got a real 'fire' going to finish this one a.s.a.p. ; not because I don't like the challenge, but because... well, I don't know, I just wanna get my name on that Leaderboard with the best possible 'score' I guess!

Just curious, which place are you at in the Hall of Fame in-game? I'm currently 4th, behind Guardiola, Klopp and Ferguson (Klopp is 33 points away from passing Ferguson, he's been managing Barcelona for over 13 years...)

1 hour ago, Siepe1990 said:

Well @dkouv, same can be said about you... In 2034 I was at 8 titles, 5 cups, 3 champions league and 1 CWC.

You're at 6 titles, 7 cups, 5 champions leagues (wow... that's really nice!) and 1 CWC - you are 2 trophies ahead of me, so keep up the pace! I had a 'slow' start with both Willem II and Crystal Palace  (I picked up only 1 club trophy in the first 6 years...), but started picking up the pace later on, especially in the last couple of years.

Internationally we're even (4 cups each), but I still have the Asian Cup to go (which I have never ever won before in my 15+ years of FM), where you 'only' have the Copa America left.

I can relate to the 'getting a bid jaded', I'm feeling the same... got a real 'fire' going to finish this one a.s.a.p. ; not because I don't like the challenge, but because... well, I don't know, I just wanna get my name on that Leaderboard with the best possible 'score' I guess!

Just curious, which place are you at in the Hall of Fame in-game? I'm currently 4th, behind Guardiola, Klopp and Ferguson (Klopp is 33 points away from passing Ferguson, he's been managing Barcelona for over 13 years...)

I never got to top of that Hall of Fame. I was getting close in 2nd, but then while i was chasing those last few cups in minor places, some scumbag was manager of Barcelona or somewhere and won everything, every single year and dropped me down to 3rd.

The jaded thing is very familiar. The end of the challenge isn't always fun. if you're in the middle, you can do another challenge or stay at a club for a while, but once you're close you just want to get it over with. It's an endurance test. Completing isn't a test of your ability to win things as much as your sheer bloody-mindedness. 

But as I say often, if it's actually making you unhappy; stop.

But I suspect it's just a bit of a grind at the end. 

fra_wc_fans.jpeg.8e79eabbaee281f0634b33c89e5d2917.jpeg

2034 World Cup - France

At the last World Cup, my Mexico team lost to France in the third round. This time, I am managing France. Even though Mbappe has just retired, the team is very strong - we’ve won the Euros and the last two Nations Leagues, and are ranked first in the world. There’s also plenty of depth in all positions bar left back. But this 100-team World Cup format feels like a bit of a lottery and I still have some painful memories from losing three WC finals in a row during my last attempt at this challenge, so I kind-of get this feeling that we are set up for a late knockout-stage disappointment; let’s see. A group of Venezuela and Australia will surely make for a gentle beginning.

Group Stage

Spoiler

Venezuela 0 - 4 France. An easy enough start.

France 5 - 1 Australia. No problems here either.

Syria await in Round 2.

Second Round (if applicable)

Spoiler

France 5 - 0 Syria. As easy as the scoreline suggests, with a hat trick from Man City and France legend Bukasa. Argentina are likely to provide a tougher test in round 3.

Third Round (if applicable)

Spoiler

France 2 - 0 Argentina (aet). Bit of a poor and disjointed game from us, but maybe I also underestimated Argentina. Things were tight in normal time and we missed lots of half-chances while Argentina missed a couple of good chances themselves. It was left to our legend Bukasa to rescue us in the first minute of extra time, and another legend - Barcelona’s Medjahed - to seal the game with the goal from a corner right after Argentina missed a glorious chance to equalise in the 116th minute.

Gosh, and it’s only the quarter final next :z Croatia are our opponents.

Quarter Final (if applicable)

Spoiler

France 2 - 0 Croatia. I had to rotate a lot for this game but unlike the match against Argentina, it was very comfortable with another Barcelona-made double - Gasmi on the 24th and Fumont on the 58th minute - sealing the straightforward win.

Brazil are next, ranked 2nd in the world, current WC holders, and probably the toughest possible opponent for us. In general the South American teams seem quite strong, with both Brazil and Colombia making the semis.

Semi Final (if applicable)

Spoiler

Brazil 0 - 3 France. There’s only one Cedric Bukasa, only one Cedric Bukasa, only one Cedric Buka-a-a-a-sa… The Man City star won the game for us with a brilliant hat-trick, but surprisingly we were quite dominant throughout. As a fun fact, I’ve noticed that 8 players from the Brazil squad, including 4 out of the 5 top rated ones, play for Chelsea - talk about the Brexit rules being used to their full effect ))

It’s Holland next in an all-European final.

Final (if applicable)

Spoiler

France 4 - 1 Holland (aet). Don’t let the final scoreline fool you, this was anything but an easy game. Holland scored in the 3rd minute from a corner, and then missed a glorious chance to go 2-0 up thanks to a heroic block from one of our defenders. I threw the kitchen sink at them but couldn’t create any clear cut chances, and started to hope that lightning strikes my computer and wipes out the painful memory of this game. That was, until in the 62nd minute when our own centre back Tanguy Nianzou managed to equalise, ironically also from a corner. We then suddenly started to dominate, maybe Holland went less defensive, and we really put them to the sword in extra time with substitute winger Nlend the star of the show, scoring 2 and assisting 1 of the three extra time goals.

So, I can breathe a huge sigh of relief - I honestly was starting to expect another 3 world cup final defeats in this iteration of the challenge, but thankfully it’s not to be. Copa America is next on the list and the Brazil job is available, so I hope I get it.

spacer.png spacer.png

After the tournament

Spoiler

The key performer awards go to Bukasa, who was as always fantastic in front of goal, Nianzou and Nlend for respectively rescuing and winning us the World Cup final, and goalkeeper Sarrazin who is not the best but is a massive upgrade on our previous rubbish keepers, and played a key role in keeping Argentina and Brazil at bay during some tight moments.

spacer.png spacer.png spacer.png spacer.png

@Siepe1990 Thanks - yeah I'm definitely doing well in this challenge, think having attempted this a few times before also means you know how to engineer a fast start by starting in Africa etc. That being said, I really don't think completing this challenge the fastest way is necessarilly the best way of going about it - building clubs up, spending some time in the beginning in lower leagues and tasting success after some failures is the more fun way to do it I reckon. I was kind-of planning to do that and not focus on winning, but now I'm getting close to completion I'm just inclined to go for it and complete before I run out of steam ))) It's a bit of an endurance test, as @vikeologist said, and now think I've got sucked in but don't have much time to play FM so updates will probs be quite slow ;)

I'm number 3 in the hall of fame right behind Sir Alex and a manager I've never heard of - Domenec Torrent - but who seems to be non-regen and retired; so looks like I've actually got a chance of catching up

spacer.png

164040.png.1338527fa61e0d2c8e286e1651bfd25f.png

Seattle Sounders FC: 2037 Review

Having dominated domestic league competition last season we would go into this campaign full of hope for more successes, and with an opportunity to compete in the Champions League as well. The close season was spent trying to prepare a side capable of challenging on all fronts, with a chunk of money spent on some really bright talents. The big positive was keeping the core of our squad together, although we did lose Will Jones to Fenerbache on his pre-arranged £5,500,000 deal. His 52 goals across the past two seasons sure to be missed this time around.

1134214967_ConferenceTable.png.21d81d2b60b051e022578374387029d4.png

We weren’t quite as dominant this time around, mainly due to a bad run during the middle part of the season. We sold on a key defender to England and then replaced him with a deal that ruined our salary cap. With no allocation money left we couldn’t buy down salary impacts and that forced three players onto the waiver list and out of the club. That setback cost us form, and although we did manage to improve we just weren’t the same side we were beforehand. Winning the Western Conference was never really in doubt, but the Supporters Shield for the best record across the MLS soon went out of our hands. As the season drew to a close it was us and Toronto fighting it out for that honour.

1934596518_SupporterShield.png.de7690f259565abe7965d587159347e1.png

Toronto drew three of their last four games meaning that we just about managed to stutter our way to the best record in the MLS and yet another piece of silverware. The top placed finish in the MLS Western Conference meaning we skipped the first round and entered at the semi-final stage. Hopefully two games from winning our conference and  three games away from another MLS Cup win. The semi-final gave us a home matchup with Portland Timbers, and after taking an early lead we faced a barely challenging game. A 4-1 victory seeing us into the Conference Final and a chance for a third crown in a row. In our way stood LAFC, a strong opposition and one who always makes me nervous. Turns out my nerves weren’t needed as we breezed into a 2-0 lead within the opening half hour of the game. From there we weren’t less ambitious hoping to hold on and advance to the MLS Cup Final for a third straight year. We faced a lot of pressure through the second half and despite a scare we clung on for a 3-1 victory to win the Western Conference once more. Next up we were to face Toronto FC in the MLS Cup in a repeat of last years event.

1238695449_MLSCup.png.1101919850d9645c380d7ae9e94635ea.png

A heart breaking end to the season as we come unstuck in a penalty shoot out. We had plenty of opportunities to win the game and threw away a lead in both regulation and extra time. Conceding a stoppage time equaliser in normal time was a calamity and inexcusable really. We deserved to win but in the lottery of a penalty shoot out anything can happen. Toronto took advantage of our inability to win the game and gained revenge on us for last season. Disappointing but we manage to qualify for the Champions League again anyway which is hugely important to us.

The US Open Cup was the only domestic competition left for us to try and win under my management, but we will have to wait for that trophy. A disappointing performance saw us crash out to San Jose Earthquakes 1-2 at the very first hurdle.

The Champions League didn’t go much better for us either. We breezed through the first round with a 10-1 aggregate lead to meet fellow Americans New York Red Bulls in the quarter finals. A disappointing and wasteful first leg saw us lose out 0-1 away from home, but I was still confident in our abilities to turn the tie around. We scored first in the second leg to level the tie, but then conceded a sloppy goal just before half time. Chasing two I replied goals in the second half we scored one, and excited the competition with a defeat on away goals.

444402709_CampeonesCup.png.9e89d620fbd8086302519aa983175fff.png

We did manage to grab a cup competition though, winning 2-1 after extra time to defeat CF Pachuca to lift the Campeones Cup. A kind of super cup between the winners of the MLS Cup and the winners of the Mexican League. We dominated the game but just couldn’t find the winning goal in regulation time. After striking early in extra time we held on though, to win yet another trophy of my era.

My team weren’t anywhere near as dominant as last time around, and to fail so badly in both the Champions League and the US Open Cup was extremely disappointing. I feel like I haven’t completed my journey with this club until at least one of those two trophies enters our cabinet. My contract with this football club is about to expire, but I feel the need to stay. I’ve already decided on Germany as my next destination, but for now I will be staying with Seattle. The board won’t budge on a four year deal, but I plan to sign and then see out just the one year here. I’ve enjoyed my time, and it’s been trophy filled, but I don’t want to stagnate here. I’d like to chalk off at least one of the trophies left to win with this club before departing though. The Champions League would be ideal, but I am more than happy if we don’t win that yet and I have to come back later in my career. I’m going to be looking at building a side over this off season that can come in and absolute dominate this country. We’ve got some really good promising players here, but I can definitely see a couple of positions which could do with an upgrade. Hopefully the next time I give you an update it’ll be after a truly dominant campaign here. 

2036	Seattle Sounders	MLS Western Conference	1st (C)		MLS Cup Winners, Supporters Shield Winners, MLS Western Conference Winners, Leagues Cup Winners
2037	Seattle Sounders	MLS Western Conference	1st		MLS Western Conference Winners, Supporters Shield Winners, Campeones Cup Winners

3/10 top domestic leagues (2025/26 SA Premier League, 2030 Chinese Super League Winners, 2037 MLS Cup Winners)

0/1 world tournaments

June 2038 Update

A trophy full spell of a little under three years has come to an end for me at Seattle Sounders. We enjoyed some really good times together but started my third full season at the club really poorly and well off of the pace.

298299798_LeavingTable.png.c6230ad57642882c9bf4639623b93182.png

I said that I wanted to dominate America this year but as you can see it really didn’t begin in that way. A run of seven games without a win saw me hand in my resignation and depart the club. An early exit in the Champions League going a long way to pushing me over the edge. Despite of what seemed like a really positive pre season in the transfer market we just didn’t look the same side and had started really disappointingly indeed. I was called in for a meeting and decided to resign one game later when another interesting job came up in a different country.

Takeover.png.2f9bc789b2b33eb9bb54940312fefe20.png

The moment this job popped up as insecure I was interested. Germany has been dominated by Dortmund for the last ten years or so, but Mainz do have a fairly decent squad of players. As well as some money in the bank. They gained promotion into the Bundesliga back in 2033/34 and have regularly finished in the top six players to gain continental football. The season just gone saw them finish in a disappointing 8th place and so they sacked the manager and hunted for a new one.  I’m pleased to be here, and I’m looking forward to trying my fortunes here in Europe. It’s a pretty good job to pick up, although it’s definitely going to take a while to build this team up to a standard to be winning trophies. I’m excited in the opportunity though, and thankfully have the whole of pre-season to begin making steps at building this team into my own

2037	Seattle Sounders	MLS Western Conference	1st		MLS Western Conference Winners, Supporters Shield Winners, Campeones Cup Winners
2038/39	Mainz FC		Bundesliga		TBC

0/1 world tournaments

SEASON 2 (2021-2022)

FLINT TOWN UNITED

1936.png

This season has been a complete disaster. 6th in the league, defeat in the 3rd round of the Welsh Cup, defeat in the semi-final of the league cup. At the start of the season it seemed that a few new players could help us reach the podium, but after a series of a few wins at the start of the league we started losing everything we could. Fortunately we managed to advance to the championship conference where we lost 7 out of 10 games. The season is forgettable, I would love to leave the club that for the second season in a row didn't send me to the coaching course.

1955271712_2sezon.thumb.jpg.86c47d528a7acb13906eef83651aaa00.jpg

December 2038: Update

My arrival in Germany came with high hopes, but also a real sense of trepidation. I was nervous about what lay ahead, but excited to have the opportunity to build my own team with this club.
What i didn't realise was just what size of a task I faced. Having missed out on the spots for European football this season a large number of the squad wanted to leave the club, and there was a big turnover. Nine players departed, and eleven arrived. I anticipated a slow start, but in fact we started pretty well. We went unbeaten in six games before losing to Leverkusen. Unfortunately that was as good as it got though, and an eventual run of no wins in eight saw me pushed right to the brink of dismissal.

As the winter break hit a new opportunity in this country came up and I decided to jump before I was pushed. A similar placed club job became available but with a more reputable team.

Takeover.png.ba826743f6596f5da278fa6cae9304ae.png

426604356_Bundesliga_Stages-5.png.9c490ed313173150a019c6db8d6be14a.png

As you can see above my new club sit just three places and two points better off than Mainz. Despite of that I just feel this opportunity is more likely to work out. The club are much bigger, and hopefully I can progress my career more with them. The board want continental football to be clinched, and I am more than confident in my abilities to achieve exactly that. An early season elimination from the domestic cup as well as a lack of continental football (after last seasons 11th placed finish), means I can focus all my attention on trying to put together a good run of form towards the end of the campaign.

2038/39	FSV Mainz FC		Bundesliga		-
2038/39 Schalke 04		Bundesliga		TBC

0/1 world tournaments

February 2039 Update

The initial excitement around my employment with Schalke 04 was strong, as I looked to arrive and transform a club that had to settle for mediocrity for too long. For a big club they hadn't experienced any real success recently and I came in with intentions of changing that. I arrived towards the end of the winter break with the transfer window opening up. January was a disaster for me as a whole host of first teamers as well as a few prospects all came to me wanting out of the club. Looking to improve morale I granted a number of these players exits but it left our squad alarmingly thin. In something reminiscent of Brian Clough and Leeds United I decided to leave the club unbelievably quickly. I brought my reign with them to an end after a mere 37 days and 3 matches in charge. Winless and with a real confidence hit.

I've now made two really poor career choices back to back having left Seattle. I need to make sure that I get my next decision just right or else my career could really fade into insignificance. I'm keen for that not to happen, but for now will sit on the unemployment line until a really bright opportunity presents itself. I'm tempted to head back to South Africa for a few years just to try and build my reputation back up with some trophies. I'm also contemplating a return to America to try and win that elusive Champions League. I would like to stay in Germany though. Ideally one of the jobs at the really big sides will come available and I can try to rebuild my reputation in this country. Time will tell I guess.

I am worried that my attempt at this challenge is just beginning to stall though. Ideally I need to be hitting jobs within big leagues trying to chalk off trophies. As much as a move to South Africa may reignite my success it isn't going to do anything for me in terms of the challenge. I'm at a bit of a crossroads now, and will have to wait and see what comes next for me.

2038/39	Mainz FC/ Schalke 04	Bundesliga		-

0/1 world tournaments

July 2039: Career Update

My last two employments had both ended far too prematurely for my liking, and just seven months after departing America I found myself returning once more. Poor efforts with both Mainz and Schalke had seriously dented my self confidence, and also had me doubting my managerial abilities within Europe. For that reason I decided to head back to a former hunting ground and join a new club within an already experienced nation. My spell with Seattle Sounders had been really successful, although I never got to lift either the US Open Cup or the Champions League trophy. Hopefully that'll change within my new position.

851585292_LAEmployed.png.98171d26a2d18754e50f8aabd7495bf4.png

Several intriguing opportunities did come up during my period of unemployment, but I held out waiting for what I thought was the perfect opportunity. The most intriguing was a return to South Africa with both Orlando Pirates and the Black Leopards jobs becoming available. Since leaving SuperSport United I have always said I plan to return one day, and Black Leopards was a club I had mentioned as being a future target of mine. For now that job felt like it would be a backwards step though. I need to gain success in Europe, but for now I will take a break from that. I join LA Galaxy with the intentions of putting together a side that can win the two missing pieces of my American puzzle.

1128537168_TakeoverTable.png.a30d1e4343c165de7e11785da6b4bbbf.png

I join the club sat in pretty good shape in truth. A spot in the end of season play-offs looks pretty safe, and there is also a US Open Quarter Final to look forward to. There is some significant quality within the ranks, and I am hoping that my stay here won't be too long of a one. Hopefully I can grab the US Open Cup and the Champions League before departing for good. I plan to move on to Europe after this and not look back. As I said I plan to return to South Africa one day, but for now I want to continue my challenge and try to win as much silverware as possible that counts towards the challenge. A club this big needs to be winning honours, and hopefully I am the man to bring it to them. They haven't appeared in the MLS Cup final since 2031, and that simply isn't good enough. The last three seasons have seen the overall record of this team rank in 12th, 19th and 12th, and I plan to put that right quickly. Hopefully we can hit the ground running and I can begin to put the pieces back together on my faltering career as a manager.

2039	LA Galaxy		MLS Western Conference

0/1 world tournaments

SEASON 3 (2022-2023)

FLINT TOWN UNITED

1936.png

The first career championships became a fact. Was this what I expected? Absolutely. This season, from the very beginning, everything was 180 degrees different from the year before. 11 straight wins, a 27 unbeaten streak that started in August. Something that could not work has become reality and I am still in shock. You have to remember that there is one professional club in the Welsh league, which is TNS. It is possible to beat them in one match, but it seemed impossible to beat them throughout the season.

sezon3.thumb.jpg.82cb4c3fddb8a0e38ae6589e098955cc.jpg

The young striker Mitchell George, who won the crown of the top scorer, had a great part in winning the championship. The funny thing about it is that the season before, I completely didn't see him as a first-team player. What's even funnier is that he's one of the few boys in Flint Town on an amateur contract.

george.thumb.jpg.468c31f8d8369669d664b02a876134e0.jpg

Here you can see the schedule of my championship team. Has anything changed in the tactical assumptions? No. Has anything changed in the game? Theoretically no, we also dominated most of the games in the previous two seasons. So what made the game look completely different? It was the first time that I didn't change the whole squad at the beginning of the season. In fact, only Eli Christie and Chisom Afoka joined the team. Thanks to this, the offensive effectiveness finally came, and to that we added a great defense game.

terminarz.jpg.10e042b5ffbabfdc891b3e93da678d32.jpg50420475_terminarz2.jpg.42a32f68fd0b9c7d0217554471ee73b0.jpg

Flint Town is still a poor club and they do not want to send me to coaching courses, and because I have already won everything I have to win in Wales, when the opportunity arises I will change the club for the better. This season, I added the Welsh League Cup to the Welsh Championship, I just didn't manage to win the Wales Cup, where I lost to TNS in the semi-final. I was counting silently for a triple crown. Other interesting things - I became the coach of the Ivory Coast U-23. Objective? I hope to release the coach of the first national team and jump in his place.

Crest.png.563691794b367e592c8bdec1a04a6d25.png

LA Galaxy: 2039 Review

My return to America certainly sparked debate with many questioning my reasons to ditch Germany to return to the MLS. For me it was all about getting my managerial swagger back as well as trying to chalk off the remaining trophies I hadn’t manage to win with Seattle. I was confident in my ability to do well with this club, and could definitely count myself lucky to pick up a job with such a reputable team. It’s fair to say though that the early days at the helm certainly were a struggle.

A defeat to New York Red Bulls saw us exit the US Open in my very first game before an elimination in the Leagues Cup just three games further in. A disappointing performance saw a 1-1 draw before we suffered a penalty exit to Mexican side Cruz Azul. Thankfully things got better from there though and our league form improved significantly.

1481158604_MajorLeagueSoccer_Stages-4.png.f06dab35bb458b2dd268d5b543e09f85.png

Despite an inconsistent run with me at the helm we did enough to finish in 5th place in the conference and 11th in the Supporters Shield. That gave us a spot in the play-offs, although ambitions were somewhat scaled back. The arrival of 30-year old striker Federico Acosta had certainly helped us, but didn’t send me in the play off stages with any great expectations. We met Houston Dynamo away from home in the first round, and despite taking an early lead we succumbed to a disappointing 1-3 defeat and elimination.

I’m looking forward to spending the close season working on putting together a squad that can compete towards the very top of this country. We performed fairly well under my management but I feel as though bringing in some of my own targets will help us to move onwards. I want to win trophies, and that involves very quickly building a stronger side. I’m keeping my eyes on the available jobs page, hoping for one of the big teams in Germany to become available. Unfortunately the top three (Dortmund, Bayern and Leipzig) are once again closing on being the top three in the league, and so the jobs are unlikely to become available. Unless they do I won’t be leaving Galaxy. For now I’ll work towards putting together a side that can hopefully push towards winning the MLS next season. It won’t be easy but I’m confident we can do it.

2039	LA Galaxy		MLS Western Conference	5th

0/1 world tournaments

07 JULY 2023

NEW JOB

KASHMIR FC

40030275.png

After winning the Welsh league, I started looking for a new challenge. Sure, the Champions League is always a magnet, but it wouldn't be a long adventure. Therefore, I submitted my CV to clubs that were within my reach. Flint Town got very upset about this and after talking to the CEO, I was fired. It didn't hurt me at all, because I didn't feel like I could do anything else in this club. After a month of unemployment, the 3rd Indian League club came to me. I decided that they had the potential to win the championship next year, so I accepted their offer. Unfortunately, one of the requirements for signing the contract was my resignation from the Ivory Coast U-23 job.

Time to step forward!

1113594480_KASHMIRFC.jpg.5995afe8259741b2a9b4c5ef7b6940d8.jpg

SURD - UNEMPLOYED

Well well well. I haven't tried this challenge since the famously well balanced FM2007. So here we go. Surd here fresh off getting San Marino to produce a Ballon D'Or striker. Now to conquer the world in my ÜBER GAME. Because why load some of the leagues......

1974318344_Screenshot2021-04-13at17_27_35.thumb.png.21ca7b638e18168707dc765c6d142c9b.png
WHEN YOU CAN LOAD ALL THE LEAGUES!!!! MUAHHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA....... my poor laptop.

So, introducing me! Plucky Irish Brummie. I am one crap manager WITH A DREAM. A dream to conquer world football with zero skill or connections. 

1491315538_Screenshot2021-04-13at18_19_57.thumb.png.4c3e93c3a23c45f5c888c72826382447.png

I applied for all 96 available jobs and waited to see who would pick me up. I got 10 replies from Wales, Indonesia's Second Division, Belarus' Second Division, India, Malaysia...... but one team was destined to pick up this terrible, terrible manager. 

BEHOLD THE MIGHTY COCK!

Shanghai_Shenxin_FC.png.6e7e6d4587b95b47ec884ecf471f77cd.png

This is genuinely lovely. Shanghai Shexin are a club with whom I tried a similar but easier challenge of resurrecting a dead club. Shenxin in real life folded last year after a dismal performance. Reflecting this in game, like the immersive juggernaut that FM is, the club has no money. Like not for China. Actually none. No transfer budget. No wages. It's pretty grim. But I have hope! 

742155156_Screenshot2021-04-13at18_49_49.thumb.png.2d84546534fe0f5b83f4042f51805601.png

I have no midfielders, but I have hope!

When I played this team before, I got them all the way to the Asian Champions League. Where I got hammered. Badly. Like 7 - 0 or something to the South Korean champions in the first round. Then I thought STUFF THIS BUNCH OF LOSERS!! 

But not this time. THIS time I say stay with them and guide them to CONTINENTAL GLORY!!!! You know or until a better team comes along. Onwards!!!! 

Screenshot 2021-04-13 at 18.44.13.png

Edited by Surd

Crest.png.b4a2e208882e7b5ee106513f8feb82cf.png

LA Galaxy: 2040 Review

My return to America was solid if not spectacular last time around, but this season I was full of confidence. We had a really good pre-season in building a squad, and on top of that had some really talented players already. I was confident that we could challenge at the top end of the table and look to grab some trophies.

945593944_FinalTable.png.e37901aad4e3e0d187c93edfddd8f451.png

We won the western conference league stage with ease, despite a slow start. Just three defeats in our last thirteen matches seeing us pull away and clinch the crown. In fact we had the conference sown up with four matches still to play, such was our dominance. Our good form in the closing stages of the season also saw us climb to the top of the Supporters Shield, to lift the first trophy of my era with this club. Winning the Supporters Shield gave us a bye through the first round and entry straight into the play off semi finals. My former club Seattle would visit, and we dispatched them with ease. Three first half goals put us in control, and we held on for a 3-1 victory and a spot in the Western Conference Final. In our way stood our bitter rivals LAFC. We dominated the game, but a dodgy penalty cost us the win. We were beaten 1-2 to miss out and have to wait another year to reach the MLS Cup.

Outside of the league we suffered a similar fate really. We cruised through to the semi finals of the US Open, but failed to progress any more. A disappointing defeat to Sporting Kansas ensuring that yet again I would have to wait for another opportunity to lift the trophy. In the Leagues Cup we went all the way to the final before seriously underperforming. A disappointing 0-1 defeat to Houston Dynamos preventing us from lifting any more silverware this season.

A very promising season although I have to say it ended in more disappointment that I would’ve liked. We put together a really good campaign before falling a little short of what we wanted. It was nice to pick up the Supporters Shield, but we should’ve picked up more glory than that really. We were the best side in the MLS, but unfortunately we haven’t got much to show for it. One bonus is that we qualify for the Champions League though, giving us an opportunity to grab a trophy I’m yet to win.

My priority is to build a side that’s capable of challenging on all fronts. The Champions League is a real target and I think we should be pretty competitive in it. It takes place early in the new season too, meaning that jobs in Germany may become available shortly afterwards. I’ve still got my eyes open to leave this club, but only for the right opportunity. For now my focus is on trying to win more silverware with LA Galaxy. Hopefully we can do so next time around.

2040	LA Galaxy		MLS Western Conference	2st		Supporters Shield Winners,

0/1 world tournaments

2033/34

Borussia Dortmund badge

It's been a while...

After winning the league I set out for the new season to target the German Cup, however it was one of those seasons where nothing seemed to go right, and with the game now slowing down being 15 years in the future my interest seriously began to wain - and when we lost to RB Leipzig in the third round of the Cup I opted to resign from the Dortmund job for three reasons -

1. I've removed a number of leagues going from 120k players to 90k players, most kicking in during June which should speed things up
2. We've got the World Cup with Holland to try and compete in
3. The end of the season and post World Cup should open up new club jobs

So that's where we are, and the update is as follows -

image.thumb.png.95777de2ba3ca0040107c2566181fe5e.png

image.png.0de2f312b594ac26e45ee14044de9e12.png

SEASON 4 (2023-2024)

KASHMIR FC

40030275.png

After joining the club, I had no funds to buy players, so I played what I had. We started the season with participation in the Durand Cup, where we were eliminated in the group stage after 1 win and 2 draws. Then September, October and November were devoted to hard training and a large number of pre-season sparring. The whole season actually went according to my expectations because I came here to win the championship. However, I did not expect a season without defeat - 16 wins and 4 draws. Moreover, we turned out to be the best defense and the best offensive in the league. At the end of the season we took part in the Federation Cup, where unfortunately we lost in the final due to several injuries. Before the next season I got nice funds, so I'm already looking for players to strengthen ourselves and we will try to make surprises in the AFC Cup. Besides, I finally managed to pass the coaching courses and now I have a national A license

.166888054_sezon4.thumb.jpg.e8f8f1e2329e47bacfae66308e4ff3b7.jpg

Edited by lapsik7

WORLD CUP 2034

fae903f389f842288fc09523eef1cde9.png

We enter the 2034 World Cup as number 5 in the World, a real chance at netting the biggest trophy of them all. So let's get into it -

Group Stage

Spoiler

First up is Ghana who beat Chile in the group opener. The beauty of this means a win will put us virtually through already - I'm not a fan of the three team groups in the World Cup on a personal level. The game was as one sided as we waltzed to a 6-0 victory where we were aided by a hat trick from Mohamed Bangura - a centre back who I had at Dortmund. We ended the game with 38 shots, and I'm already confident we're through so I'll be able to rest a couple for the Chile game.

Next game was Chile where we made 7 changes pre-match. Routine 2-0 win and we're through into the last 32

During the group stage club jobs came up at Juventus and PSG which I've applied for. Both should be perfect opportunities to take two domestic trophies, however both just finished second in their leagues so neither as dominant as they have been in recent times

Second Round

Spoiler

We sailed through the group stage so which second place team would we get? Austria? Canada? Poland? Australia? No - Argentina!

A strange match. At half time this was 0-0 with not a shot from either side. We went 1-0 early in the second half before they pegged us back, however with 15 minutes left on the clock we won a penalty which was converted and put us through into the last 16

image.png.b61c13eeb430bc1935bb279a8692d810.png

Third Round

Spoiler

Last 16 time and it's the USA who stand in our way. That's more like the level of opposition I expect at this stage of the competition.

2 minutes in and it's a great start as a cross is put into the USA goal by their own player before the lead is doubled ten minutes lead with goal scoring centre back Bangura. The Americans halved the deficit with 12 minutes to go however we managed to hold on, see the game out and reach the quarter finals.

image.png.60c06a53ee869659d748402cc02b9e59.png 

Quarter Final

Spoiler

Now we're at the business end, and somehow Scotland have found their way to this stage. Their squad does include the great Ali See who I have hoped to manage at some point during the game

image.png.c6506f495e676a65140bbe1b0428bcc7.png

That's a terrifying enough thought, but Bangura being out and a number of fitness issues has forced us into a number of changes. Thankfully just before half time Bangura's replacement Rosheuvel fired us into the league with a header from a corner before an own goal put us 2-0 up. Dladla made it 3 and that was how it finished.

image.png.5b619e9b2d0b829e681dac415459e600.png

Semi Final

Spoiler

This is effectively the final in my eyes as multi time winners Brazil stand in our way of a potential final against Portugal or Mexico. I believe if we win this then it's job done.

We started on fire. A disallowed goal and one off the post in the early going before Pietersma backed a 7 minute hat trick between the 14th and 21st minute leaving us firmly with a foot in the final. The game then evened out with Brazil having a goal disallowed, with Pietersma putting the game beyond doubt with his fourth of the game. Bangura made it 5-0, and despite us missing a late penalty, we costed through into the World Cup final which I think we might actually win against Mexico!

image.png.95315910ca846943e9895be1708666f7.png

Final/3rd Place Game

Spoiler

No offence to the Mexicans but they fall into the category of opponents you'd be happy with in a World Cup final. They also won their semi final 5-0 over Portugal, however Brazil beat Portugal 7-0 in the third place game so that gives me a little more optimism.

We dominated early on with Mexico trying to hit us on the counter, however they only limited us to long range shots. Van Ginkel did score but it was disallowed but Roy Koppers bagged a thunderbolt just before the break to give us a lead. Van Ginkel did get his goal on the hour mark to double the lead, and at the time I was sure that was enough to put our name on the trophy - that was confirmed when he scored his second ten minutes later. Raul Torres did score a consolation penalty late on but the game was done, Holland are the Champions of the World.

image.png.f6c9c32f9fd3ad4424b8b1e54608b3fb.png

I guess Amsterdam isn't a bad country to never have to buy my own beer in again...

What's Next

Spoiler

There's two parts to this question, club and country.

Internationally there were a large number of sackings after the World Cup however there are only four jobs I wanted and none came up - South Korea, Japan, USA and Mexico. These jobs are so rare and are the only realistic options to win the respective continental competitions. Being World Champions there was no point switching to one of the high profile European jobs (Germany, France, Spain, England or Belgium) which left it to Argentina or Brazil, however I've opted to stay put for the upcoming European Championships. I think staying with the Dutch is my best chance to win Euro 36. 

Now I mentioned earlier the club jobs with Juventus and PSG. Well stupidly I accidently removed Italy whilst adding/removing leagues so I'll need to wait a year for that to reload before looking there again. PSG did offer me a job, however something else came up just before my interview which appealed more and I was successful at. Whilst not as high profile for a World Cup winner, the opportunity to manage South African champions Cape Town Spurs was too tempting as it's a realistic chance to complete Africa in the next year or two. The high profile European jobs will keep coming up, however there won't be as many chances to walk straight into the African Champions League so I had to take it. 

9 hours ago, JamLUFC said:

What's Next

Hide contents

There's two parts to this question, club and country.

Internationally there were a large number of sackings after the World Cup however there are only four jobs I wanted and none came up - South Korea, Japan, USA and Mexico. These jobs are so rare and are the only realistic options to win the respective continental competitions. Being World Champions there was no point switching to one of the high profile European jobs (Germany, France, Spain, England or Belgium) which left it to Argentina or Brazil, however I've opted to stay put for the upcoming European Championships. I think staying with the Dutch is my best chance to win Euro 36. 

Now I mentioned earlier the club jobs with Juventus and PSG. Well stupidly I accidently removed Italy whilst adding/removing leagues so I'll need to wait a year for that to reload before looking there again. PSG did offer me a job, however something else came up just before my interview which appealed more and I was successful at. Whilst not as high profile for a World Cup winner, the opportunity to manage South African champions Cape Town Spurs was too tempting as it's a realistic chance to complete Africa in the next year or two. The high profile European jobs will keep coming up, however there won't be as many chances to walk straight into the African Champions League so I had to take it. 

Congrats on the World Cup.

I've always wanted to manage PSG in the challenge, but they've never offered me the job. Both times I've completed the challenge, my favourite player in the save (from an earlier club of mine or international team)  played for them, so I was desperate to get the job, but no joy. Maybe they're hard coded to hate Scots.

7 hours ago, vikeologist said:

Congrats on the World Cup.

I've always wanted to manage PSG in the challenge, but they've never offered me the job. Both times I've completed the challenge, my favourite player in the save (from an earlier club of mine or international team)  played for them, so I was desperate to get the job, but no joy. Maybe they're hard coded to hate Scots.

I may have been tempted with a ridiculous budget but they only offered me £23m after coming second the year before.

Cape Town Spurs offered me £5m, but have won four consecutive Champions leagues and have been top two in the league for six years (winning the last two) so I don't think I'll ever get a better chance of crossing off three trophies in Africa. It could backfire mind if I don't win the CL as they are by far the best team there, but the board have set expectations to win the league, cup and final of the  CL so if I don't do it in one season it may be my only shot

Crest.png.c457173e9d33623ab9e4cacc4fa9a0a4.png

LA Galaxy: July 2041 Update

Last season my side dominated America after a slow start to win the Supporters Shield and reach the end of season play-offs. Unfortunately that was as good as it got though, as we suffered a disappointing and harsh defeat to bitter rivals LAFC in the Western Conference final meaning we would have to settle with just the one piece of silverware. We did enter the Champions League this time around though, meaning we had plenty to play for including trophies I was yet to lift as a manager. Something I was desperately keen to put right. Pre-season was spent building my squad to compete on all fronts, and it's fair to say that in the early stages it worked really well.

We breezed our way through Municipal and Xolos Tijuana in the Champions League, scoring a total of 16 goals and making the semi-final stage. We met Queretaro, and in two really tense games the scores ended 1-1 in both contests. We prevailed in a penalty shoot out meaning that we made my first CONCACAF Champions League final. We met the holders CF Monterrey in what was sure to be a really tight contest. The first leg was at home, and although we performed well a 0-0 final score was probably fair. This left us with all to play for in the second leg, and an opportunity for the club to win the Champions League for the first time in eleven years.

144233778_ChampionsLeague.png.270763ce0e5ace28e6569308e8199cad.png

We prevailed in one of the most tense matches of my entire managerial career. Despite our opposition having a man sent off in the opening moments of the game we still found the contest extremely hard work. A header from central defender Dave Balde gave us the lead though, and we managed to hold on to lift the trophy and add another winners medal to my managerial collection. I certainly wasn't expecting to prevail, but was delighted that we managed to do so.

914827466_CFMonterreyvLAGalaxy_Presentation-4.png.d403bf790fc38eaaebdc6f18940bb527.png

Having won the Champions League I decided it was time to start looking at other options for the next step in my career. I was happy to stay with the club, but felt that it was the perfect situation to start at least exploring the option of moving back to Europe. On the field our league form stuttered a little, although we still found ourselves in a very promising position. In the US Open we breezed through a couple of rounds to reach the Quarter Final stage where we were drawn against New England Revolution. Then an opportunity came up which I couldn't stop myself from going for. I eventually signed a deal to leave the club and return to Europe. I left LA Galaxy in a very promising position, sat 3rd in the Western Conference but within touching distance of the top sides. With 14 league matches left to play there was still a very realistic possibility of having a successful season. A good league position as well as the aforementioned US Open Quarter Final.

688312423_Bayer04Leverkusen_-3.png.c8dba847d91b91dee455b462c272666b.png

My new club is a very well renowned one, although not the side they used to be. There hasn't been a trophy since 1993, and last season they finished 13th in an extremely poor Bundesliga campaign. A 3rd placed finish back in 2038/39 is about as good as it has got for this club. I was drawn here for the relatively simple objectives laid out though. This time around the board want a top-half finish in the league, and there are more than enough players of quality to achieve that. I've also got a £26,000,000 transfer budget to play with as well as the power to draw in targets at such a famous club. Hopefully we can build something here that I can be proud of. My failures in this country leave me a little fearful, but I am very excited to get stuck in. I've reached double digits for the trophies won towards this challenge so far, and hopefully now I can look to add some more here in Europe. It's going to take me a while to compete at the top level here in Germany but its an exciting opportunity. Dortmund have won the last eight league titles, and them Bayern Munich, Wolfsburg and RB Leipzig have finished in the top three for the last twelve seasons. It's by no means an easy job for me, but it sure is an intriguing opportunity. 

2040	LA Galaxy		MLS Western Conference	2st		Supporters Shield Winners
2041	LA Galaxy		MLS Western Conference	-		CONCACAF Champions League Winners
2041/42	Bayer Leverkusen	Bundesliga

4/5 club continental championships (2026/27 CAF Champions League Winners, 2029 Asian Champions League Winners, 2034/35 Copa Libertadores Winners, 2041 CONCACAF Champions League Winners)

0/1 world tournaments

@goonergez congrats on ticking off North America! Always a bit of a "lottery continent" with all those cup competitions... And you prevailed despite the MLS rules )) Are you tempted to get an international job at all? In my experience, those international tournaments are a bit random and infrequent so it's good to have time go give them a few goes

1 minute ago, dkouv said:

@goonergez congrats on ticking off North America! Always a bit of a "lottery continent" with all those cup competitions... And you prevailed despite the MLS rules )) Are you tempted to get an international job at all? In my experience, those international tournaments are a bit random and infrequent so it's good to have time go give them a few goes

I’m still in a bit of shock that I have managed to win more continental competitions than league titles so far. I do want the international jobs but I’m in no rush whatsoever to complete this challenge. I doubt I’ll even manage to get much further than this if I’m honest. I’ve really enjoyed managing in different countries though and learning a bit more about things. Plus I’ve got a new found love for SuperSport United and Seattle Sounders now.

nantes.png.212842301c3b78665cc67351e8125885.png

Season 15 (2034/35) - Nantes

League Another year, another trophy ticked off the list. I started off with a massive spending and selling spree in the summer - my scouts just kept finding these wonderkids and elite players who could be gotten for reasonable price, so fair to say I got a little bit carried away: )))

spacer.png 

In real life, having such a hodge-podge of new teammates would have been a sure way to disaster, but luckily FM is not real life and they gelled reasonably quickly to produce a great string of results in the autumn and early winter. We lost our first game away to Marseille but then did not lose until the last game of the season, against the same opponent. After winning 17 straight titles, PSG were way off the pace this year, finishing 6th. Monaco kept pace and even went ahead of us early on, but a second-half-of-the-season collapse from them made sure we won the title easily with a very respectable tally of 100 points.

spacer.png

Cups We also won the cup, and I even managed to prevail over perennial contenders Chelsea in our third CL final match-up, winning Nantes their first ever CL title.

spacer.png spacer.png

Players Three of the summer signings were brilliant for us - the German midfielder Forstreuter, signed on a Bosman from Düsseldorf, was second-highest top scorer with 22, another bargain Figureroa, signed for £5m from Boca, quickly developed into our best defender, and our most expensive signing Calderone (£64m from Atalanta) is probably one of the world's best players and topped the assist charts with 17 in all comps.

spacer.png spacer.png spacer.png

International I got the Brazil job, and will be giving the last international trophy I need - Copa Libertadores - a go next year. The strength in depth they have is just absolutely ridiculous, apart from defensive midfield we have pretty much 2-3 world class players in every position, so I hope we can win it at the first time of asking. Somewhat amusingly my long-running spat with Chelsea’s manager Lampard came back to bite me as he withdrew 8 players from our friendly squad! Well, he won’t be able to do that for the Copa…

Next I kind-of loathe to leave Nantes after building up such a good team, but I’ll be looking for a job in the remaining two big leagues - Germany and England - and another league I need to get the trophy count up to 10, which will probably be Holland, Russia or Scotland (don’t ask why). I've loaded the Russian league, and the CSKA Moscow job is available but somehow I don’t feel like managing a big Moscow team, so might go for a club a bit more like Nantes that I can build up a bit and win their first trophies in a while. In other news, I've now made it to the top of the hall of fame.

spacer.png

CLUB CAREER
                                                                -----------

Season    Club               Division           League     Cups                          Notes
                                                            1st    2nd    Cont    CWC
2020/21    TS Sporting        RSA Div. 1           5                                      Took over in 9th, finished 5th
2021/22    TS Sporting        RSA Div. 1           1                                      
2022/23    Orlando Pirates    RSA Premier          1        Won    Won                    A quintuple of league, MTN 8, Knockout cup, Nedbank cup and CAF confed cup
2023/24    Orlando Pirates    RSA Premier          1        Won    Won    Won             A clean sweep domestically + champions league    
2024/25	   Cruz Azul	      Mex Liga BBVA        1  	    Won                           Won both apertura and clasura
2025/26	   Cruz Azul	      Mex Liga BBVA        1  	              Won 	   
2026/27	   Jeonbuk	      K League 1           1        Won           Won             A quickly completed treble   
2027/28	   San Lorenzo	      Argentine Premier    2 
2028/29	   San Lorenzo	      Argentine Premier    1        Won                 	  A domestic double + Copa Sudamericana
2029/30	   San Lorenzo	      Argentine Premier	   n/a                    Won             Won Copa Libertadores in November  
2029/30	   Fiorentina	      Serie A   	   5                                      Took over in 18th but just missed out on CL   
2030/31	   Fiorentina	      Serie A   	   1	    Won                                                                     
2031/32    Barcelona          La Liga		   1        Won 			  Runners up in the CL    
2032/33    Barcelona          La Liga		   1        Won           Won      Won 
2033/34    Nantes             Ligue 1		   4        Won                           Won the Europa league     
2034/35    Nantes             Ligue 1		   1        Won           Won                  

INTERNATIONAL CAREER
                                                           --------------------

Season Nation         Cups                                                              Notes
                       World Cup   Euros   Asian Cup   ACON   Gold Cup   Copa America

2020/21 Turkmenistan         
2021/22 Uzbekistan                                      			          Qualified for World Cup through playoffs
2022/23 Uzbekistan                                       			          World Cup Group Stage; Asian cup Q/F
2023/24 Ivory Coast
2024/25 Ivory Coast				        Won
2025/26 Ivory Coast			                                                  Lost in World Cup third round
2026/27 Australia			       Won	
2028/29 Mexico						        Won
2029/30 Mexico						        			  Lost in World Cup third round
2030/31 France										  Won the Nations League
2031/32 France		            Won								  
2032/33 France										  Won the Nations League
2033/34 France		Won								  
2034/35 Brazil										  

Challenge Progress:

Club
 7/10 top domestic leagues: South Africa (Orlando Pirates); Mexico (Cruz Azul); South Korea (Jeonbuk); Argentina (San Lorenzo); Italy (Fiorentina); Spain (Barcelona); France (Nantes)
 7/10 domestic cups: South Africa (Orlando Pirates); Mexico (Cruz Azul); South Korea (Jeonbuk); Argentina (San Lorenzo); Italy (Fiorentina); Spain (Barcelona); France (Nantes)
 5/5 club continental championships: CAF Champions League (Orlando Pirates), CONCACAF CL (Cruz Azul); Asian CL (Jeonbuk); Copa Libertadores (San Lorenzo); Champions League (Barcelona)
 1/1 club world championship: Barcelona

International
 4/5 continental tournaments: ACON (Ivory Coast); Asian Cup (Australia); Gold Cup (Mexico); Euros (France)
 1/1 world tournaments: WC (France)

Overall: 25/32

8 minutes ago, goonergez said:

I’m still in a bit of shock that I have managed to win more continental competitions than league titles so far. I do want the international jobs but I’m in no rush whatsoever to complete this challenge. I doubt I’ll even manage to get much further than this if I’m honest. I’ve really enjoyed managing in different countries though and learning a bit more about things. Plus I’ve got a new found love for SuperSport United and Seattle Sounders now.

Yeah makes sense; true you do seem to have a knack for those continental competitions! I would recommend managing in the ACON at some point, just for the sheer craziness of the experience )))