The Ultimate Football Manager Challenge

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations @Gregg88 that’s some achievement! This challenge really is like no other, I just hope whatever you decide next doesn’t fall into insignificance because of the time you invested into this one! Serious kudos though, I honestly think this challenge is about as tough as it can get and anyone who completed it really does deserve all the praise they get!

barcelona.png.0ad18ce495f4eeb43be6330c224efae9.png

Season 12 (2031/32) - Barcelona

Jürgen Klopp’s Barcelona won 8 out of the last 11 Spanish league titles, but gave Klopp the sack after finishing 4th last season and I managed to get the vacant job despite stern competition from Harry Maguire. The squad was very good but lacking a bit in defence, so I used some of the £170m transfer budget to bring in in new fullbacks and a centre back I knew from my French squad, Kheireddine Medjahed.

spacer.png spacer.png

League We actually managed to win every single game - never had this before I think, guess we were a bit lucky in the beginning but once we got going we just kept picking up win after win.

spacer.png

Cup Real Madrid and Sevilla offered potentially stern opposition in the semi and final, but given our league record it was not that surprising that in the end we edged past both fairly comfortably.

spacer.png

Champions League A very easy group containing Ajax, Salzburg and Dinamo Zagreb was easily navigated, but the knockouts saw some tough draws with us having to overturn a 3-1 first leg defeat to get past FC Bayern in the last 16, and edging out Hertha BSC - who somehow have become the best team in Germany - by the odd goal in the quarters. We faced Real Madrid in the semis and like with any Spanish team disposed of them without any problems. I was feeling confident going into the final against Chelsea, but they scored two quick breakaway goals early in the game and we never managed to recover, losing 2-1 in the end.

spacer.png

Key players New signing Medjahed was key to our defensive solidity, but the attacking players were the real stars of the team, with multiple Golden Ball winner Joao Pedro - yes, formerly of Watford - scoring 26 and assisting 14 and Frenchman Mike Balthus scoring 22 from attacking midfield. My best summer signing ended up being a Belgian wonderkid Antonio Brizzi, looks like he’s becoming some player.

spacer.png spacer.png spacer.png spacer.png

Next The Euros with France are coming up. Unless a top team in England or Germany becomes available I’ll stay for another year to try win the Champions League and Club World Cup.

CLUB CAREER
                                                                -----------

Season    Club               Division           League     Cups                          Notes
                                                            1st    2nd    Cont    CWC
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2020/21    TS Sporting        RSA Div. 1           5                                      Took over in 9th, finished 5th
2021/22    TS Sporting        RSA Div. 1           1                                      
2022/23    Orlando Pirates    RSA Premier          1        Won    Won                    A quintuple of league, MTN 8, Knockout cup, Nedbank cup and CAF confed cup
2023/24    Orlando Pirates    RSA Premier          1        Won    Won    Won             A clean sweep domestically + champions league    
2024/25	   Cruz Azul	      Mex Liga BBVA        1  	    Won                           Won both apertura and clasura
2025/26	   Cruz Azul	      Mex Liga BBVA        1  	              Won 	   
2026/27	   Jeonbuk	      K League 1           1        Won           Won             A quickly completed treble   
2027/28	   San Lorenzo	      Argentine Premier    2 
2028/29	   San Lorenzo	      Argentine Premier    1        Won                 	  A domestic double + Copa Sudamericana
2029/30	   San Lorenzo	      Argentine Premier	   n/a                    Won             Won Copa Libertadores in November  
2029/30	   Fiorentina	      Serie A   	   5                                      Took over in 18th but just missed out on CL   
2030/31	   Fiorentina	      Serie A   	   1	    Won                                                                     
2031/32    Barcelona          La Liga		   1        Won 			  Runners up in the CL        
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

INTERNATIONAL CAREER
                                                           --------------------

Season Nation         Cups                                                              Notes
                       World Cup   Euros   Asian Cup   ACON   Gold Cup   Copa America

2020/21 Turkmenistan         
2021/22 Uzbekistan                                      			          Qualified for World Cup through playoffs
2022/23 Uzbekistan                                       			          World Cup Group Stage; Asian cup Q/F
2023/24 Ivory Coast
2024/25 Ivory Coast				        Won
2025/26 Ivory Coast			                                                  Lost in World Cup third round
2026/27 Australia			       Won	
2028/29 Mexico						        Won
2029/30 Mexico						        			  Lost in World Cup third round
2030/31 France										  Won the Nations League

Challenge Progress:

Club
 6/10 top domestic leagues: South Africa (Orlando Pirates); Mexico (Cruz Azul); South Korea (Jeonbuk); Argentina (San Lorenzo); Italy (Fiorentina); Spain (Barcelona)
 6/10 domestic cups: South Africa (Orlando Pirates); Mexico (Cruz Azul); South Korea (Jeonbuk); Argentina (San Lorenzo); Italy (Fiorentina); Spain (Barcelona)
 4/5 club continental championships: CAF Champions League (Orlando Pirates), CONCACAF CL (Cruz Azul); Asian CL (Jeonbuk); Copa Libertadores (San Lorenzo)
 0/1 club world championship: 

International
 3/5 continental tournaments: ACON (Ivory Coast); Asian Cup (Australia); Gold Cup (Mexico)
 0/1 world tournaments:

Overall: 19/32

@goonergez Cheers mate! No other challenge will come close to this for sure.

@dkouv Thanks mate! Yeah, the next challenge will be far more casual. Something where I don't have to jump away from a team I enjoy I reckon. There were a few teams I didn't want to leave! Congrats on the Barca season! Can't remember the last time I won every game in a season. Impressive! You'll be jumping ship like crazy now :)

@vikeologist Cheers boss!

11 minutes ago, pug 407 said:

@Gregg88 Well Done On Being The First On 2021

@Gregg88 I've only just realised that this is your / his second achievement. You know what they say. Once might be a fluke. Twice is a sign that there's something seriously wrong with you, although of course both of you have completed twice quicker than it took me my first time.

On 28/02/2021 at 15:11, _JHTB_ said:

Real Madrid and Argentina

130px-Real_Madrid_CF.svg.png120px-Argentina_national_football_team_l

I've played maybe an hour of Football Manager since the end of my season at Tottenham around 3 weeks ago, but got back the urge to play again, so thought I'd get back into it with a little update of what happened in said hour. I secured myself the Real Madrid job after their manager was poached by Manchester City, they finished 2nd last season so hopefully it won't be too much of a challenge to be able to try and get them top of the pile this time round. 

The World Cup was also this summer, I was hoping for the Spain job as their manager was already moving on to the Chelsea job, but they didn't deem me the correct person for the job, but Argentina is still a good job for me, will give me a pretty solid chance at the Copa America in a couple of years, especially as they are the current holders.

This went well :D

Maybe this time won't be a false dawn 

EqpUi6BVoAANw9Y.png.ba1f2a64ae4f990739aa10d2646a14ca.png

Season 2020/21 Update - TS Sporting

Just a very brief update as we finished the first half a season in management. We were very hot and cold we won 10 and lost 7 (drew 1) of our games which was enough to finish safely in midtable in 7th spot. We were out of the cup before I took over. With finances looking bad this squad is going to have quite the overhaul this summer. Looking forward to it and will be aiming for top 3 next season for sure. And a much better and bigger end of season update as well :D 

Career Overview

Season		Club		League		Position	Notes/Achievements 
2021		TS Sporting	NDF		7th 		Tooke charge 12 games in with the team in 13th 

fra_euro_logo.jpeg.87f9bfa762de6fe7728e867b9bb7b180.jpeg

2032 Euros - France

The team has an amazing array of talent in every position bar the goalkeeper; so I hope I don’t have to survive too many penalty shootouts… We start with a fairly tough group containing Germany, Switzerland and Slovakia.

Group Stage

Spoiler

France 7 - 0 Slovakia. A dominant win to get us going.

Switzerland 1 - 4 France. They went 1-0 up and I feared a repeat of my CL final defeat against Chelsea, but we had too much quality in the end and ran out comfortable winners.

Germany 1 - 2 France. A tough game, we went 1-0 down again, pegged them back, got a man sent off, and then Mbappe scored a great solo goal to seal the win. We finish top of the group but this game cost us a bit in terms of tired legs and suspensions.

We play Wales next, who we beat in a pre-tournament friendly.

Second Round (if applicable)

Spoiler

France 2 - 0 Wales. They had some chances but in the end it was a solid enough win for us.

Italy next, will be a tough game.

Quarter Final (if applicable)

Spoiler

spacer.png

Well, that set the heart racing. Italy went ahead with a counterattack and then went into bunker mode, only to be undone by a great strike from my Barcelona winger Furmont. A tense finale saw us edge ahead thanks to another good goal by Man City’s Bukasa, and Italy had a 90th minute wonderstrike equaliser somehow disallowed for offside. No idea how that was offside since the guy scored from about 30 yards but I’m not complaining!

Three of my four starting defenders are now banned for the semi, but it’s Denmark so I’m still optimistic. As they say in FM, “It’s not good news but we’ll find a way to handle the situation”.

Semi Final (if applicable)

Spoiler

spacer.png

We had the customary early scare with a Danish counterattack, but thankfully they missed and we went ahead through an unlikely goalscorer in Jean-Clair Todibo, an ageing centre back in my Barcelona team who I retrained to cover at left back, and who only got his place in the team through suspensions and fitness issues. After that it was pretty comfortable, with Monaco winger Mayasi sealing the win.

Our group opponents Germany await in the final.

Final (if applicable)

Spoiler

spacer.png

Drama again. Fumont scored another key goal and Mbappe scored the second, but Germany pulled one back before half time. We wasted quite a few chances before they predictably equalised in the 80th minute. But this was far from the end of the story as my centre back Toufik Tahar scored a 91st minute headed winner from a corner. And just like that, we hung on for a long 4 minutes to win the Euros!

spacer.png

After the tournament

Spoiler

Key players: Toufik Tahar obviously, for scoring that winner in the final and being a general solid rock in defense. Willy Fumont for scoring crucial first goals against Italy and Germany, and Cedric Bukasa for finishing our top scorer and for the incredible overall record of 46 goals in 59 international caps.

spacer.png spacer.png spacer.png

I’m staying on for the World Cup in two years’ time.

On 09/03/2021 at 20:09, The Regista said:

Think I've got my head around the wage cap system etc. Perhaps the league will grow on me...

Hmm, I'm a keen advocate of staying well away from the MLS on Football Manager based on my stay of an entire 30 days on FM 20 - I don't think the league rules translate well to the game (plus I don't really understand them)

1646.png.27d10537641933964a490d93dece1bd7.png

SuperSport United FC: 2026/27 Review

The end of my fourth season with this club saw us pick up four trophies for the cabinet, before I signed a new four year deal to remain at the helm. In honesty I had no intentions of staying for the entirety of a new four year deal, but the club wouldn't let me sign a deal any shorter. For me this season would be my last with the club, and last in South Africa for the time being. For that reason the Champions League was an absolute priority this time around. The Champions League being the only trophy that counts towards the challenge that I had not managed to win during my time in South Africa.

The season started well enough as we breezed through the first couple of Champions League rounds to reach the Group Stage of the competition. We also got through to the final of the SA Knockout trophy, where we scraped to a penalty shoot out victory over Sundowns to lift the competition again. The Super-8 Cup also saw us reach the final before losing on penalties to Orlando Pirates in a truly devastating performance. We took the lead in extra time before conceding with virtually the last kick of the game. Outside of the cup competitions our league form never really got going. We regularly dropped points and never really looked like defending our crown. 

470153409_FinalTable.png.e32c38471b351979467df5e9b5246f01.png

As I said above we never really got going and never looked like defending our title. We didn't score enough goals and nobody really stood out performance wise. Iqraam Rayners and Ryan Moon were both quiet in front of goal, and young midfielder Stanley Tshabalala was far less impressive than he had been in previous years. Defensively we were good, but too often we threw away silly goals and had to settle for a point. Because of a slow start it meant we could focus our attentions on the cup competitions as the season drew to a close. For that reason we rested players throughout the remainder of the league campaign as I looked for progression in the cups.

It worked well for us too, as we reached the semi-final  of the SA Cup and hunted a potential third straight victory in the competition. Cape Town City ended up shocking us though, overturning an early goal to defeat us 1-2 and prevent us from more silverware. Thankfully we made up for it three days later by seeing of ES Tunis 2-0 in both legs of the Champions League final. In our way stood Orlando Pirates, who had won the previous three editions, including defeating us during my second season in charge here.

1438958873_ChampsLgeWin.png.5b51d5039846d16c7a77619ce682ace8.png

We produced one of the best performances of my era to defeat our fellow South Africans and lift the trophy for the first time in SuperSport United history. In the process ending our rivals recent dominance of the competition. We were brilliant from the very first kick and deserved the result that we got. It completed the puzzle of trophies for me with the club and enabled me to coast to the end of the campaign before looking for my next challenge elsewhere.

114528648_ChampsLgeCelebrations.png.dbc1260bb31e8f8ae9dd6b421bb9f499.png

So for me now the time comes to walk away from this football club. Five seasons at the helm brought with it a total of nine trophies and a total sweep on all available competitions. During my reign we never finished lower than 3rd place in the league, and competed continentally in four campaigns never failing to make at least the semi-final. I'm delighted with my work, and will depart with the club in a much better position than when I took charge. I never dreamed of managing to achieve what I did, and it does feel a little sad to be walking away. Despite of that I leave hungry for more success elsewhere. South Africa has proven kind to me, but now the time comes to move on. I'm looking at China as my most likely destination, although Mexico and Brazil are both loaded into my save as well. My options are open for the first great opportunity to present itself. I leave the club with myself 5th in the South African managers hall of fame, and maybe one day I will return to try and win more trophies and climb even higher up the list.

Resignation.png.7703c7ea09d176965f13dc8b7c0cc84a.png

Season	Club			Competition		Position	Notes & Achievements

2020/21 Uthongathi FC		SA First Division	2nd		Lost in promotion mini-league
2021/22 Uthongathi FC		SA First Division	1st (C)		SA First Division Winners
2022/23 SuperSport United	SA Premier		2nd		SA Knockout Cup Winners
2023/24 SuperSport United	SA Premier		3rd		
2024/25 SuperSport United	SA Premier		2nd		Confederations Cup Winners, SA Cup Winners
2025/26 SuperSport United	SA Premier		1st (C)		SA Premier League Winners, SA Cup Winners, CAF Super Cup Winners, Super-8 Cup Winners
2026/27 SuperSport United	SA Premier		3rd		SA Knockout Cup Winners, CAF Champions League Winners

1/10 top domestic leagues (2025/26 SA Premier League)
2/10 top domestic cups (2022/23 SA Knockout Cup, 2024/25 SA Cup Winners)
1/5 club continental championships (2026/27 CAF Champions League Winners)
0/1 club world championship

0/5 continental competitions
0/1 world tournaments

2044088394_BeijingGouanCrest.png.45f7484056f16e9469a9c14bceb4e11a.png

Beijing Gouan FC: July 2027 Takeover

After my resignation from SuperSport United of South Africa, my period of unemployment lasted only a couple of weeks. In fact I was interviewed a mere four days after my departure by a team I decided I wanted to be my next club. Clearly impressed by my record in South Africa I was offered a deal until the end of the 2028 season, and signed on quickly to join.

494698987_BeijingEmployed.png.c1634b444dac827a6d131a3e3ddcfd63.png

Beijing Gouan have an impressive history and to be honest are seriously underperforming this time around. A club with three top flight titles and five Chinese FA Cups to their name definitely deserve better than what they're currently experiencing.

181394391_InheritedTable.png.8095f2c26c3e40ffacefff76f5c0b545.png

The club have finished 2nd in the past two seasons, and the media predicted the same for them this time around. A really poor start to the season though means that I take over with the club languishing in mid-table and unlikely to achieve anything of note. Departures in both the Champions League and the Chinese FA Cup means that I have just the thirteen remaining league matches to worry about in the immediate future. Frustratingly the gap up to the top-4 places is pretty big, meaning that qualification for the Champions League appears rather unlikely. I've been presented with a quite ridiculous transfer budget of £198,000,000 to spend, a far cry from the money I was seeing at my previous clubs. The board aren't expecting much from this season, but do expect a title challenge for next season. It won't be easy, but I am confident in my abilities as a manager to get this team playing much better pretty quickly.

Looking slightly longer term my target is to win trophies. The rest of this season will be focused on sorting out my backroom team and getting the players used to my system. I'll then spend the off season attempting to build a team capable of winning honours. Hopefully I can win the league title, a domestic cup and a Champions League within a short few years. As I said it won't be easy, but with those sort of funds I should be able to do it. I'm excited to be here though. The experience is definitely going to be different to that I experienced in South Africa, but in a slightly easier way I feel. The foreign rules make things slightly more difficult for me, although the real harsh rule is the one concerning goalkeepers. In China the clubs are not allowed foreign goalkeepers, and that may hold me back slightly on a continental level. I'm keen to get stuck in though, and am very much looking forward to leading my side out on the pitch for the first time.

2024/25 SuperSport United	SA Premier		2nd		Confederations Cup Winners, SA Cup Winners
2025/26 SuperSport United	SA Premier		1st (C)		SA Premier League Winners, SA Cup Winners, CAF Super Cup Winners, Super-8 Cup Winners, 
2026/27 SuperSport United	SA Premier		3rd		SA Knockout Cup Winners, CAF Champions League Winners
2027	Beijing Gouan		Chinese Super League	TBC

0/1 world tournaments

847113494_BeijingGouanCrest.png.41af4817a1ede897a1269032a06683a6.png

Beijing Gouan FC: 2027 Review

After five seasons with SuperSport United it’s fair to say my arrival in China seemed somewhat strange.  Leaving behind a squad of players and back room team I knew and trusted and trading it in for a squad and staffing unit of which my knowledge was limited at best. The league was midway through its season, and I had just four days to prepare for my first match in charge of my new side.

My first challenge was to prepare to face champions of the past two seasons and league leaders Guangzhou Evergrande. I was pretty pleased with the performance of the players, and we were somewhat unfortunate to leave without any points in a hard fought defeat. My hope from that performance turned to fear in our next game though, a trip to Shandong resulting in a humiliating 0-3 defeat in which we were absolutely torn apart.  The first two games left me with more fear than confidence, although there was clearly some quality to work with. I moved quickly to snap a new striker up, signing 18-year old Federico Coccaro on a free transfer. He had scored goals regularly in Uruguay for Penarol, but somewhat surprisingly found himself as a free agent. I was reluctant to fill one of our foreign player slots, but the boy looks to possess talent and I was sure I could get him scoring regularly and justify his spot in the squad. Another weakness I highlighted was in goal, and my only other signing was Li Bowen from Beijing Renhe in a £6,500,000 deal. 

The new arrivals helped immediately as we began to string some form together and climb up the table. We were still conceding goals, but at the other end we were beginning to look a lot more free flowing and results followed. Winger Guan Yiming started to score regularly, and Coccaro did indeed start to show off his abilities. As I said when I joined, the top-4 spots were out of our reach, but we ended the campaign in much better form than when I took charge.

1691989928_EndTable.png.16fedddac926b710f8ee48e953394dc2.png

I took over with the team sat in 10th spot, so there was clear improvement after my arrival.  A record of 9-1-3 isn’t spectacular, but there were clear positives and there is definitely something to work with within this squad. Having lost the first two matches of my reign I end the season really pleased with our record. There is definitely some ground work to build upon already here.

I’m looking forward to rebuilding this team. My inherited budget was just shy of £200,000,000, and with that we can really go out and strengthen the squad. There is plenty of quality already within our ranks, and I don’t think it will take much to get this side competing near the top end of this league. I’m hoping to bring in that required quality and depth and have a real go at challenging near the top. A good solid season with a top four finish would qualify us for continental football again and in truth that’s the main aim. I don’t want to spend long in China and that means bringing success quickly. I’ll be aiming for a top-4 finish next season, and potentially try to win the league or at least the Chinese FA Cup. I can see myself here for the next two or three years minimum, so there isn’t a great rush. I don’t see myself falling for this club like I did with SuperSport United though. Hopefully we can enjoy a really good season next time around.

2025/26 SuperSport United	SA Premier		1st (C)		SA Premier League Winners, SA Cup Winners, CAF Super Cup Winners, Super-8 Cup Winners, 
2027	Beijing Gouan		Chinese Super League	6th		Took over in 10th
2028	Beijing Gouan		Chinese Super League	

0/1 world tournaments

On 18/03/2021 at 14:13, Gregg88 said:

upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/...Oxford United F.C. - WikipediaSwansea City A.F.C. - WikipediaTottenham Hotspur F.C. - WikipediaJeonbuk Hyundai Motors FC - WikipediaAS Monaco FC - WikipediaS.S.C. Napoli - WikipediaRB Leipzig - WikipediaC.F. Monterrey - WikipediaMamelodi Sundowns F.C. - WikipediaReal Madrid CF - WikipediaVélez CF - Club profile | TransfermarktCeltic F.C. - WikipediaRoyal Antwerp F.C. - WikipediaFC Twente - WikipediaD.C. United - WikipediaFC Spartak Moscow - Wikipedia

Uruguay national football team - WikipediaPortugal national football team - WikipediaFrance national football team - WikipediaCameroon national football team - WikipediaSouth Korea (National Football) | Bleacher Report | Latest News, Scores,  Stats and StandingsMexico national football team - Wikipedia

Challenge Complete!!!

12th May 2049. The day that the long old road to challenge glory became real. The point I realised quickly that i'm going to have to start another challenge!

From the small town of Sandecja, in the southern region of Poland. To the final frozen tundra that is Russia! Where decisions were questioned by Putin via telegram almost weekly. You know he's got many fingers in many pies! Apparantly....my Spartak pie too. Odd.

I managed to avoid any youngsters going out drinking 'til the early hours on this save. I slightly missed releasing them the next day. Instead, I had to settle for the 19 year old players coming to me saying "I've achieved everything I could have achieved here". On ya bike lads!

Top Domestic Leagues Won - Top Domestic Cups Won

Sandecja - Poland 2023

Tottenham Hotspur - England 2027 (Cup - 2028)

Jeonbuk Hyundai Motors - South Korea 2030 (Cup - 2030)

AS Monaco - France 2033

Napoli - Italy 2034

RB Leipzig - Germany 2036 (Cup - 2036)

Monterrey - Mexico - 2038

Real Madrid - Spain - 2041 (Cup - 2042)

Velez - Argentina 2044 (Cup - 2044)

Celtic - Scotland 2045 (Cup - 2044)

Missed Cups

Sundowns - South Africa 2039

Royal Antwerp - Belgium 2046

DC United - U.S.A 2047

Spartak Moscow - Russia 2049

Club World Cup Championship

RB Leipzig - 2037

Continental Cups Won

Velez - South American Copa Libertadores 2044

Tottenham Hotspur - European Champions League 2029

Jeonbuk Hyundai Motors - Asian Champions League 2030

Monterrey - North American Champions League 2038

Sundowns - African Champions League 2040

International Continental Tournaments Won - International World Tournaments Won

France - European Championship 2036 - World Cup 2038

Mexico - North American Gold Cup 2047

Cameroon - African Cup Of Nations 2041

Uruguay - Copa America 2028

South Korea - Asian Cup 2043

image.thumb.png.c47192f62c174432558f7f9467e21485.png

image.thumb.png.74fca39be5baafbb465c5acaa0c9ee0f.png

image.png.df2dcc4e8b7d08128e677fe20096858b.pngimage.png.d3ef25db934694ad03c6aeccb0cc337a.png

Congrats, very impressive.

Can anyone advise what leagues/areas need to be started with for this challenge??

I wasn’t aware you could add leagues/nations as you went along but playing with all of the above leagues to complete the challenge seems like any laptop would run really slowly.

53 minutes ago, paulg81 said:

Can anyone advise what leagues/areas need to be started with for this challenge??

I wasn’t aware you could add leagues/nations as you went along but playing with all of the above leagues to complete the challenge seems like any laptop would run really slowly.

Apologies all. I wasn’t aware that new leagues could be added part way through a game.

I’ve worked it out so I’m going with this  challenge. 

Profile attached*

*hope I’ve done it right!!! 

AD99247B-5B1E-4C43-B2DB-9670BBF935BF.jpeg

2 hours ago, paulg81 said:

Apologies all. I wasn’t aware that new leagues could be added part way through a game.

I’ve worked it out so I’m going with this  challenge. 

Profile attached*

*hope I’ve done it right!!! 

Looks good.

There's easier ways to do screenshots.

I press F12 and the screenshots are in a folder here C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\57742474\760\remote\1263850\screenshots

Your file address might be slightly different, but once you take a couple of screenshots, you should be able to find it and make a shortcut.

Then you can just drag the screenshots into the bluish bit at the bottom of your post that says 'drag files here to attach or choose files)

The Dafuge thread says

How to Post a Screenshot

While in FM, press Alt and S
A picture will be saved to a screenshots folder, in the FM21 folder in your documents

Don't know if that works or is simpler.

Anyway, we don't demand a lot of screenshots for this thread.

Good luck

13 minutes ago, _JHTB_ said:

I'd suggest it would be simpler by virtue of the screenshot folder being slightly more simple to locate - but it's swings and roundabouts 

If you think I'm going to press 2 buttons when I could be pressing one, you don't know me at all.

EqpUi6BVoAANw9Y.png.ba1f2a64ae4f990739aa10d2646a14ca.png

Season 2021/22 Review - TS Sporting 

LeagueWe started the season pretty slowly, but some tweaks to the tactic and, more importantly, some better signings meant we were fighting at the top for most of the season, towards the end though we hit a run of form that no one could live win, winning our last 9 straight we ended cruising to the title and promotion

Cupbeat a team in our league before giving it a good go against the number 1 side in the country

Transferslots in and lots released here. The outs in this screenshot were players that had agreed to leave at the end of the season but I moved them on right away to get them off the wage bill

SquadBit of a bloodbath here, only 12 of these players were here when I took over 15 months ago, we've brought down the average age of the team as well

FinancesJust awful, not a shock at this level but it is holding me back from starting any coaching courses 

Key Players

Kyle Peters - once he settled we looked much better at the back, I actually played 5 keepers this season trying to find one before kyle signed and became number 1

Keenan Philips - signed on a free after playing 21 games in the Premier League last season for Supersport and was way too good for this level

Cade Erickson - picked up from Cape Town Spurs, he's the sort of player I've been targeting, young with good potential and 9 goals from CM is a nice return

Khosto Malope - the only player on this list that was here before I took over. 11 goals and 12 assists from right wing

Khantisa Mayo - like the team he started slowly but once settled he ended with 19 goals in 27 games and would have had more had he not missed 4 of the 8 penalties he took - I should probably take him off them really :D  

Career Overview

Season		Club		League		Position	Notes/Achievements 
2021		TS Sporting	NDF		7th 		Took charge 12 games in with the team in 13th 
2021/22		TS Sporting	NDF 		1st 		Promoted as champions

1578845306_BeijingGouanCrest.png.677d419613494b066ce1a1b22dd95137.png

Beijing Guoan FC: 2028 Review

After five flowingly successful years with SuperSport United I opted to head to China and take over a faltering Beijing Guoan side. Inheriting a side sat in 10th place we won nine of my first fourteen matches in charge and clinched a pleasing 6th placed finish last season. It wasn't all positive though, with that position meaning that this year we would have no continental football to look forward to. My plan for this campaign was to put that right and ensure that last season was merely a blip of a campaign. I wanted a top four finish as well as for us to put on a good showing in the Chinese FA Cup. It wouldn't be easy, but I was determined to make a real go of things whilst here in China.

The pre-season was a busy one for us, as I looked to improve the squad for the coming campaign. Money was no issue, but in honesty I didn't spend as much as I had planned. We parted with £20,000,000 for goalkeeper Liu Haonan from HB China Fortune, but that was the biggest deal. We did clinch a pre-contract agreement with FC Porto for exciting young striker Jorge Luis though, parting with £1,400,000 to complete the deal six months early. The biggest deal we conducted didn't actually take place until the mid-season transfer window, when we paid Feyenoord £35,000,000 for 27-year old winger Daniel Maldini. We also brought in a host of young Chinese players, as I looked to mould the future of my side. Focusing on home grown players can only be of help, and my plan was to fill the squad with players who in the future could be the best players playing within this country.

Our league form was inconsistent throughout the campaign if I am to summarise and generalise. We produced periods of brilliance as well as some periods of real lacklustre displays. That's not to say we had a bad campaign though, and a top-4 finish was actually very rarely in doubt. In fact we kept up a title challenge for a good half of the season before we faded off the pace. We achieved our pre-season goals though and that is something I can be very happy about.

1341167518_2028FnalTable.png.ca9745336e798aa1531865d690b11675.png

A solid performance in the league that can best be put down to striker Federico Coccaro. He was my first signing for the club upon arrival (on a free transfer) and grabbed an impressive 8 goals in his first 11 appearances for us. This season he went even better. He was an absolute force up front, and just regularly popped up with goals. His tally of 30 goals in just 27 matches really helping us to achieve our goals. At just 19-years of age we possess one of the hottest talents in world football, and that is exciting for us moving forwards. Mid season arrival Daniel Maldini was also impressive, laying on 10 assists and scoring 9 goals in just 12 appearances. Chilean midfielder Vicente Campos Toro was also mightily impressive, although missed a fair chunk of the campaign whilst representing his country.

The real bright side of our season came in the domestic cup though, as we hunted the first silverware of my reign here. We were lucky with the draw in the early stages, breezing past a couple of lower league sides to reach the latter stages. We were also fortunate that the favourites for the competition Guangzhou Evergrande crashed our at the Quarter Final stage. Our biggest test came in the semi-finals, with our tie away to Shandong going the distance. We led the match on four occasions (Federico Coccaro scoring all four of our goals) but were pegged back on each occasion. The match went to penalties, where goalkeeper Li Bowen was our hero to help us into the final. A final where we would face a Beijing derby for the chance to lift the trophy. Surprisingly the final was to be played over two legs, despite the whole competition being one leg contests.

17012631_CupWin.png.6ffaa93cd4f2cd78dd95a88485e91314.png

Delightfully my first full season in charge of this club ended with a trophy to enter the cabinet. We came into the first leg of the final full of confidence and in great form. We had hammered our opposition 6-0 in the league fixture and were in general free scoring form at the end of the league campaign. The attacking trio of Maldini, Jorge Luis and Federico Coccaro were scoring for fun and we were ready to take the game to our opponents. We effectively clinched the trophy in a truly stunning first leg performance. Coccaro scored four as we ran riot on them, winning 4-0 and placing one hand firmly on the trophy. The second leg was a mere formality, but again we controlled the contest before walking off the field and hitting full on party mode.

I can't be anything but pleased with how things went. We produced a really good campaign and ended it in really good shape. To win a trophy was a real bonus, and I think it could be the start of something really special for us. Our attacking trio is fantastic, and defensively we aren't too bad. We gained qualification for the Champions League and picked up a trophy at the same time. We achieved everything I set out to do at the beginning of the season. Transfer wise I am seeing more of the same over the close season. The squad I have built is fairly strong, but I want to continue to add bright young Chinese talent to it. Having a home grown core is huge, and with Coccaro and Campos Toro as top performing foreigners we're in good shape. Im sure I can keep improving this squad, and hopefully we can come back next season and push towards ending the league dominance of Guanghzhou Evergrande. They've won the league title five years running now, and I would love it for us to be the ones to put an end to that. We've also got the Asian Champions League to look forward to, and I am excited to have a go at it. Hopefully we can be competitive across all fronts we're competing in, and I am sure and confident that we are capable of exactly that.

Celebrations.png.3b315fdd4df1439e9160793e32b1a6a5.png

2028	Beijing Gouan		Chinese Super League	2nd		Chinese FA Cup Winners

3/10 top domestic cups (2022/23 SA Knockout Cup, 2024/25 SA Cup Winners, 2028 Chinese FA Cup Winners)

0/1 world tournaments

On 22/03/2021 at 19:02, vikeologist said:

If you think I'm going to press 2 buttons when I could be pressing one, you don't know me at all.

But instead you're clicking into 8 folders* to access your screenshots instead of 3 :lol:

*I know it's probably via quick access but I wouldn't have an argument if I accepted that

Yes. I clicked into the 8 folders and set up a shortcut once. 

God, 390 FM21 screenshots. It would be more if I followed the Youth Challenge guidelines strictly.

I do like the odd well-chosen screenshot for this challenge though. Especially when people complete, although that's often the last time anyone wants to spend more time faffing about on a computer.

Edited by vikeologist

40 minutes ago, goonergez said:

3/10 top domestic cups (2022/23 SA Knockout Cup, 2024/25 SA Cup Winners, 2028 Chinese FA Cup Winners)

Question in general, does two cup tourneys in the same country count as 2 cups for my progress. Asking that because I play in South Africa as well.

9 hours ago, vikeologist said:

@goonergezNo. Has to be cups from 10 different nations.

Oh that’s my bad. Having read the OP I thought SA had two cups that qualified. I shall ammend when I’m back at my computer.

I echo peoples comments on Cade Erickson too. I tried to sign him several times whilst in South Africa but he went on to become a star man with Sundowns and then Orlando Pirates. I very nearly nabbed him for Uthongathi right at the start of my save. He would’ve been a sensational signing 

Season 14 (2034) & Season 15 (2035)

I was gearing up for another season in charge of Shanghai SIPG, when things started going sideways. The team had 7 foreign players, of whom I could play only 4, and I decided to try and sell 3. Everyone started complaining and crying, which - combined with the fact that I already disliked playing in the country due to the regulations - lead to me resigning on a whim. Not the smartest thing I've done for sure (SIPG won the title 2 years straight after I left...), but I just couldn't bring myself to manage another year.

So, jobless, I was on the lookout for a nice opportunity, preferably in North America or South Africa, when this one came along...

spacer.png

The manager I replaced was a victim of one of the few flaws in the game: getting sacked because you are down in the league because you played significantly less games than your opponents. I joined whilst 13th (out of 14) in the Western Conference, but I had 3-4 games in hand compared to most teams. I joined on the 27th of May, nicely in time to analyze the squad a little before the Transfer Window opened up.

Now, these regulations... are challenging! I really liked picking my way through the regulations, trying to find out how to free up another 5k worth of wages to be able to register another player. I managed to bring the team up to scratch pretty quick and we started winning games. June saw us winning 6 out of 6 (including 2 cup rounds), July and August saw us winning 6 out of 9, including another 2 cup rounds, which brought us to the final by the end of August. We faced DC United, whom proved to be more of a challenge than I expected, but we managed to bring the trophy back to LA, finishing them of in the 2nd half! Finally, another Domestic Cup, my first one since winning the EFL Cup with Leeds back in 2031.

We continued our streak in September and October, winning 4 and drawing 2 out of 6, and we managed to slide into the final play-off spot for the Western Conference. This meant we faced the toughest opponents from the start, but we managed to beat most of them in the 2nd half of the League already, so I was quite confident. Portland Timbers was first up ; supposedly the toughest opponent to face, we managed to trash them 3-0... The SF brought on FC Dallas, whom proved to be more of a challenge. We needed extra time (0-0 after 90 minutes), and we ran out 2-0 (with a goal in the 91st minute) - we were in the final! There, we faced Seatlle Sounders, the #1 in the Western League... I expected another tough challenge, but before I knew it, we were 2 goals up, a lead we didn't give away anymore, running out to 4-1. We were Western Conference Champions... which of course isn't a trophy for this challenge ;-)

For that, we had to win another game, against the Eastern Conference Champions: Orlando City. The won the Supporters' Shield (combined Western & Eastern League) by a mile (like, a 15 point lead), so I was up for a tough challenge. We managed to score early on and grab ourselves a 1-0 lead... which we managed to hang on to in the remainder of the match! LA Galaxy were the MLS Cup Winners!

This meant qualification for the Champions League, which is played in the first half of the season in USA (late February to early May), so of course I decided to stick around. With only clubs from USA and the better ones from Mexico posing a real threat, it was a pretty straightforward campaign. Our biggest challenge was Club America, whom we face in the QF. One of the best teams from Mexico, we managed to beat them 3-2 over 2 legs (3-0 and 0-2... a close one that really). The SF brought on Deportivo Toluca (3-1 and 5-1...), and the Final saw us facing Deportivo Guadalajara (1-0 and... 5-2)... we were CL Winners!

I decided to quit straight after in search for a new club as I have achieved all I need in North America.

International

Sadly, nothing to report here... waiting for an Asian side to sack a manager, or a side that has a nice change to win the World Cup. Germany opened up late 2033 due to the retirement of Ralf Rangnick, but they didn't want me (choose a German manager instead) - their loss, they got knocked out by Brazil in the QF next summer... I would have brought them more of success for sure ;-)

Summary

image.thumb.png.cb0483ad4675528546f197335f6db013.png

image.png.6ed5ed9a863b08db989076c59cb8cb83.png

image.png.3aa24d8031432af6401b6e2d1d8abc6e.png

Edited by Siepe1990

@Siepe1990 funnily enough my career is following a similar path. I’m not going to include details but I think my current campaign will be my last in China before I plan to hop to the mighty USA. I’m scared of the rules and regulations though much like you. Hopefully I can grab a top club like you managed though and make things slightly more straight forward. Top work in America though and a nice swift and efficient job. Go to South Africa next, I loved managing over there and there aren’t many restrictions and stuff to worry about.

1606006453_BeijingGouanCrest.png.4287f4ad3f59c131eb72a4e4aa1c93a2.png

Beijing Guoan FC: 2029 Review

My first season in charge saw us impress as we clinched the Chinese FA Cup trophy and a second placed finish in the league table. That return saw us clinch Champions League football, and my plan for this season was to be as competitive as possible across all three fronts. I don’t want to spend long in China, and that means chalking off the trophies as soon as we possible can. I was hoping that picking up a trophy would push my team on, and intended to build a squad capable of being competitive every time they took to the field.

639678003_2029Table.png.c7cbce121d7b486c34b63f0272acb354.png

We started the season slowly, struggling to gain a foothold in matches. We weren’t losing, but drew two of the first four, and that provided me with some fears. A defeat to Shanghai SIPG had me fearing the worst, but that defeat seemed to spur my players on. We bounced back with a 14 match winning streak that catapulted us to the top of the table and firmly in the driving seat. That run was ended by the same team though, and from there we just sort of stuttered our way to the end of the season. We went into the final match of the season needing to win and hope that Shanghai SIPG would fail to see off their rivals Shanghai Shenhua to see us crowned as champions. Unfortunately despite ourselves picking up the required win, our biggest rivals thumped there opposition to lift the trophy and cap a disappointing end to the season. Ridiculously we managed to win on the final day despite having nine players away on international duty and only being able to name two substitutes. We threw the title away really and it is a travesty we didn’t clinch it. Especially with the quite remarkable performances of our attacking trio. Daniel Maldini laid on 17 assists and Federico Coccaro scored a quite ridiculous 35 goals in 30 appearances.

The Champions League saw us enter the group stage, and my hopes were to be competitive. A disappointing 3-6 defeat in our opening match left me fearing the worst, but we bounced back really well. A string of victories saw us clinch top spot and with it progression into the Quarter Finals. We breezed through Ulsan Hyundai to make the semi’s where we would meet more Japanese opposition in INSERT. Away from home we lost the first leg 0-2, but produced a stunning second leg fight back. A Federico Coccaro hat-trick helping us to a 4-0 victory and a spot in the clubs first ever Asian Champions League Final. Over two legs we were fantastic, and saw off  Al-Ahli of Saudi Arabia.

1494355479_2029ChampionsLeague.png.abd437b4fd1ec5ef97598a58af4d5233.png

Two sensational performances see us lift the trophy for the first time in the history of this club. I didn’t expect to do what we did, and am left with a great sense of pride in my team. Having lost our very first game in the group stage I feared that a Chinese club would prove too difficult to lift the trophy. How wrong I ended up being proved.

We also looked to try and lift the Chinese FA Cup again after winning it last season. We actually breezed our way through to the final with minimal fuss. A two legged final against the impressive Shandong was in front of us, and would definitely provide a stern test for us.

1057139746_2029FACup.png.2f397b1c7c0fc1134a5d8bad859fa3f8.png

The first leg was a tense affair, and we actually did really well to recover from an early goal to grab the win. The second leg was all about grabbing the first goal, and thankfully we did just that. We coasted through the rest of the game to grab the victory, and lift a second consecutive Chinese FA Cup. Couldn’t have asked for any more from my players.

I’m really not quite sure how we didn’t manage to win the league title. For the majority of the season we were absolutely sensational, and the amount of goals we scored were ridiculous. A 7-1 victory over reigning champions Guangzhou Evergrande a really personal highlight. In the end we came unstuck by losing to Shanghai twice though, and that’s disappointing. We made up for it somewhat by winning the domestic cup again though. I want a winning mentality, and we have definitely got it in knockout competitions. We just need to become more consistent over a league campaign. Winning a double is nothing to be sniffed at though, despite my initial disappointment.

The Champions League win is absolutely massive though. After losing our first game I really did fear the worst. To go on and lift the crown is a fantastic achievement. I came here to win trophies, and it’s fair to say we’ve done that well so far. I had turned down new contract offers here as I didn’t want to stay if we won everything, but now I’m going to be requesting a new deal. I can’t leave now until we right the wrong of throwing away the league. I did interview for the job in America with DC United, but somewhat surprisingly I wasn’t offered the position. For now I need to put all my focus into this club though, and I intend to put a squad together capable of grabbing that elusive Super League title that I crave.

2029	Beijing Gouan		Chinese Super League	2nd		Asian Champions League Winners, Chinese FA Cup Winners

2/10 top domestic cups (2022/23 SA Knockout Cup, 2024/25 SA Cup Winners, 2028 Chinese FA Cup Winners)
2/5 club continental championships (2026/27 CAF Champions League Winners, 2029 Asian Champions League Winners)

0/1 world tournaments

@goonergez yeah, the rules in the USA are difficult, but I think that's what makes it fun ; as compared to China, where the rules are just... annoying really... Hope you pick up the title, third time's a charm, you deserve it after coming in 2nd twice in a row!

Oh and - spoiler alert - I should've taken that South Africa advice ; I'm currently freezing my nuts off in Mother Russia ;-)

Edited by Siepe1990

Real Madrid 2034/35

130px-Real_Madrid_CF.svg.png

My initial transfer window with Real Madrid took place quite a while ago now and from what I can piece together I'd decided that defense was the area that I needed to be strengthen with big money spent on Latifi a Kosovan left back (that I recall having tracked at Tottenham) and Joaquin a Spanish centre back, which pretty much took up most of the budget. Ideally I'd have signed a new goalkeeper in the window but there weren't any that were reasonably priced - that I could find anyway.

dab54a3306b8ca14a015a83cd07a8779.pngd98e06f8561894a11fc6531bc230450a.png

The season got off to a good start, as I suspected it would anyway given we had a pretty strong team (or at the very least starting XI) with only one early hiccup as we could only draw with Real Hispalis who were rooted to the bottom of the table at the time, but in general the signs were pretty positive with us finding ourselves in a 3 horse race for the title with Barcelona (who's surprised?) and Sevilla. A couple of poor performances in November saw us draw another game - this time salvaged from 3-1 down and then succumb to a loss at my previous team Bilbao. Regardless we managed to maintain our generally strong form and were the best of the 3 title contenders in the first half of the campaign.

33d8cfaeb6ce33c67c981607e2ce204e.png

In January my main concern was to finally get a goalkeeper sorted out as I wasn't happy with the one we had, but it was easier said than done and it wasn't until deadline day that I managed to bring in a decent one, albeit by massively overspending. I had actually already brought in two other goalkeepers on the cheap on deadline day hoping at least one of them would be an unearthed gem. Our second half of the campaign results wise though, was pretty much the same as the first half, which is probably a little unsurprising given all that changed was a supposed upgrade in the goalkeeping position and we were already winning most games. In fact, going into the last month of the season we had won all but one of our second half matches but we were still going head to head with Sevilla for the league title with Barcelona having dropped well off the pace.

We put in some good showings in the last month but with 3 games remaining it was still all to play for and our remaining three fixtures all tough matches, our title rivals Sevilla and both of our fierce rivals in Atletico Madrid and Barcelona but in reality all we had to do was win the first match against Sevilla and the title would be ours. It was a very even game for the most part with us both creating not a great deal of chances and was looking to be petering out to a 0-0 draw before we had our very own Aguero moment as our wing back Latifi notched his first goal for the club in the 90+5th minute to secure the title. The remaining two games the two derbies we didn't play at all well though we did manage to come back from 2-0 down against our city rivals to draw the game but it mattered not as we'd won the league. Us covering off the top 3 goalscorers in the individual player stats was something that I did like too.

66853a611ec76d06aef871761fbde3fe.png

As Real Madrid had placed in the top 4 in the previous season we were of course participating in the Supercopa which we were poor in and lost 1-0 in the Semi-Final, but it did mean we entered the Copa del Rey at a later round and had a comfortable route to the final conceding just 1 goal on route. What also worked in our favour is that the team in the final were Leganes who had been promoted the year before (though in credit to them they were having a strong season) after they'd seen off second tier opposition in the other semi-final. It was a comfortable final for us really as we won 2-1 the scoreline flattering our opponents as they scored a late consolation goal.

The Champions League was actually a pretty tough time for us overall with us losing 2 of the 3 away fixtures against Aston Villa and Inter which I was pretty disappointed by, alas, we did enough in the other games to see ourselves through top of the group but we made it harder than we should have. We were rewarded with a tie against Bayern Munich for our exploits and after the first leg I was sure that we would be out following a 2-0 loss, however, we were a different team in the second leg and won 4-0. In both the quarter final and semi-final we were fortunate to have our home legs first winning them both 3-0 to ease the pressure on the second leg (both finishing in draws) and I was through to my second consecutive Champions League final, this time against PSG. We seemed to have taken our lacklustre performances from the last few games of our domestic season and put them in the foreground as we created nothing in the first half as PSG held a deserved 1-0 lead. Not much changed after the break and I had to try and push for it, unfortunately it backfired and PSG ran rampant in a 4-0 victory. My second Champions League final loss on the bounce.

5680c6f5952ec1660c4223f640d5b4fc.png

Best Player: Antonio Sanchez

58397c846aa5243b6930007d1c26e878.png
It's no surprise that the end of the season that saw us play all round terribly coincided with Sanchez being injured he scored 35 times with 31 assists in his 55 overall appearances this season which is just really good - also breaking Lionel Messi's league assists record by 3.

What Next?

I didn't really enjoy myself at Real Madrid all told, the first team squad was good but very little depth meant there wasn't much variance in who was playing so I'm glad we managed to get the league and another cup ticked off though would have been nice to win the Champions League but hey, third times the charm. Hopefully I can land a reasonable job in one of the 3 remaining required nations and get a league (and maybe the Champions League) cleared but all that is certain is that I won't be the Real Madrid manager come the new season.

Story So Far

08848711fe26b3c1b941e84a88dd8a2e.png

Challenge Progress

f36ddd786d106c41252a626563238d56.png

1929282117_BeijingGouanCrest.png.d5006a3e8c96217ae8bf309dd8926458.png

Beijing Guoan FC: 2030 Review

So I signed a new contract to remain at the club for the next three years, although I had no intention of staying that long. Having clinched the champions league last season the league was the last piece of the puzzle before I could depart China and head on to pastures new. I decided to treat this season as my last, and went on a pre season spending spree. Just over £100,000,000 was spent on new arrivals as I looked to complete my squad and go one better in the super league. The season curtain raiser saw us take on last seasons league winners Shanghai SIPG. I decided to go after the trophy, and we were rewarded. A tight game finished 1-1, but we prevailed in a penalty shoot out to lift the first piece of silverware of the campaign.

The league was my priority, and to be honest we spent all season as champions elect. A ten game winning streak began out season, and we didn’t lose until the second half of the season. Our first defeat of the league season actually ended an impressive 26 match unbeaten run that stretched back to the middle of last season. We dominated plenty of games this time around, and lifted the trophy with four matches remaining of the season.

785361511_2030Table.png.2722a056c5573c77cdb8196217101d9d.png

Elsewhere we proved that we really are now the dominant force in China. We breezed through the Chinese FA Cup, although wouldn’t lift the trophy this time. A semi-final defeat hitting us in a game where we had no fewer than fourteen members of our first team squad away on international duty. If we had our first team available I have no doubt that we would’ve gone all the way for a third consecutive season.

1540921546_2030ChampsLeague.png.c908d0b21f83875f0b773b7460234e92.png

There wouldn’t be a fairy tale end to the season though, as we suffered defeat in a repeat of last seasons Champions League final. We played well enough, but unfortunately fell just short. I was disappointed but certainly not devastated. In fact I’m pretty proud of our efforts in going all the way to the final again. We put a pretty decent effort together in trying to defend our crown. So after three and a half seasons in charge it’s now time for me to look for a new challenge.

218514018_2030Resignation.png.4433ab5da9c0aeb3863b4c55501c4bb8.png

I had already decided that I would be departing this season, long before I actually did. Clinching the league title was the only thing left for me to achieve here, and we pretty much had that cleared up when we defeated Shanghai SIPG with ten games remaining and an eight point lead. I decided to see the season out though, just in case we could clinch another Champions League crown. I’m proud of what I’ve done here though, and will leave with my head held high. My three and a bit years bring a league title, a Champions League crown, a Chinese Super Cup and also two Chinese FA Cups. More success to add to my collection from SuperSport United.

The big question is where will I end up next. A few jobs came up towards the end of the season that I was interested in, but the big compensation required to steal me from my contract put teams off. I interviewed with New York City FC, but unfortunately they went another way. For now I’ll sit at the job centre, but hopefully I will be in my next job soon. I’ve got the top leagues in Brazil, America and South Africa loaded, and hopefully my job will be in one of the first two. I quite fancy taking on the MLS, but at the moment nothing is available. For now I’ll wait and see what happens, but as I say hopefully it won’t be too long before I jump back into management.

2029	Beijing Gouan		Chinese Super League	2nd		Asian Champions League Winners, Chinese FA Cup Winners
2030	Beijing Gouan		Chinese Super League	1st (C)		Chinese Super League Winners, Chinese Super Cup Winners

2/10 top domestic leagues (2025/26 SA Premier League, 2030 Chinese Super League Winners)
2/10 top domestic cups (2022/23 SA Knockout Cup, 2024/25 SA Cup Winners, 2028 Chinese FA Cup Winners)
2/5 club continental championships (2026/27 CAF Champions League Winners, 2029 Asian Champions League Winners)

0/1 world tournaments

June 2031 Update

After a successful spell with Beijing Guoan that ended with a league title, I handed in my resignation and walked away from the club. We had won everything together during my spell and it was time for me to move on to the fourth club of my career as I hunted more successes elsewhere. Finding a job didn’t prove particularly easy though. When I left SuperSport United it took me just four days to interview for a new position. This time around it took more than seven months. I wasn’t helped by the lack of decent jobs that became available. The most tempted in the first few months was at Orlando Pirates, but I opted against it as I don’t need any trophies in South Africa. My plan was to head to America, but the league season runs the same as I had in China, so when I departed it was the off season.

It took a little over seven months for an opportunity to arise that I wanted, and I took my first interview in the middle of June 2031 (having resigned on 1st December 2030). That first interview was for the club I knew I wanted though, and I was keen for them to offer me the position. Thankfully I was indeed offered the job, just three days after my interview.

Spoiler

Employed.png.fbeee9e394982e135cb91df0d780e43e.png

This is going to be a real learning curve for me as I move to ply my trade in the MLS. America has always been a country I’ve been keen to avoid, but successes in South Africa and China mean that I fancy my chances of making a success here with DC United

spacer.png
Database & Settings        Manager Age & Badges

Well jumping right in to it, I´m going to start over in the Americas for this one just to change things up. I´ve tried to load leagues that I have never played before and hence it might take a wee bit longer to reach those top 5 european leagues. But at least we can have some fun on the way. 

Ended up getting a job in Uruguay with Atenas in the second division and the board wants to see us in a spot for promotion play-offs. 
Arthur Compton, a 154kg 19 year old American from Kansas City has now packed his flip flops and spent his stimilus on a coach ticket down to Uruguay, the mustard stain on the tracksuit obtained at O'Hare sure won´t help.

Spoiler

spacer.png

934175615_DCUnitedCrest.png.881140ae6475130e35a0f8f091b7ae3e.png

DC United FC: 2031 Review

June 18th 2031, seven months on from my resignation from newly crowned Chinese Super League champions Beijing Guoan. That was the date I put pen to paper on a two year contract to take charge of DC United of America. I’ve always avoided the MLS with its strict and complicated rules and regulations, but this time around I feel I am ready to take it on. Successes in South Africa and China bring me confidence to have a real go at it here in the mighty USA.

Upon arrival it was clear that I had quite a job on my hands. The club was sat near to the bottom of the MLS Eastern Conference, with just 4 victories from their opening 19 matches. A seven point gap stood in the way of my side and the play off spots. There was time to turn things around, but not excessive amounts of it. This club seems to have been on the decline in recent years. There hasn’t been a trophy since 2014, and that’s something I intend to put right. Six times this club has won the Eastern Conference, and on four occasions they’ve won the MLS Cup. My hope is to return this side back towards the summit of football in this country. Thankfully my arrival prompted mediocre ambitions for the rest of this campaign, giving me a bit of a free pass in regards to trying to improve the squad. There were gaping holes within it, but I had enough time to inflict my styles and methods on the squad before focusing on next season as my priority. The immediate plan was just to get the team winning again. A pre-season prediction of 3rd by the media meant that this team was quite heavily underperforming, and my plan was to improve that as soon as possible.

258770001_MLSTakeover.png.2a1332431116a01270aa2c0ff1f54222.png

My arrival brought with it difficulty in the transfer market. I don’t really understand the rules as yet, but I was able to bring in a couple of new signings. A decent start to building my squad. We suffered two departures and I used those gaps in the squad on two very different players. First up we signed 34-year old Donny van de Beek on a free transfer, and then young centre back 20-year old Manuel Melis after his release by Genk.

That coupled with my tactical approach seemed to really spur the team on, and results flowed pretty consistently. A record of 9-4-5 saw us to the end of the league stage, and we improved considerably on the 10th placed finish that I had inherited.

773737052_FinalTable.png.69f615d499c230c319e52dadd14ec5b8.png

From how things looked when I joined the club, there was very much a show of improvement. Making the play offs was my main aim, and we ended up achieving it pretty comfortably. We finished 12th in the overall MLS which is better than the 21st place that I inherited. In the play-off we did really well to defeat New York City 2-0 in the first round before falling to a 1-3 defeat against the New York Red Bulls. A disappointing end to a pretty decent spell in charge.

I’m overall pretty pleased with how we got on after my arrival, although there is definitely still room for improvement. It’ll be a busy winter as I look to try and improve the squad to challenge much higher up next season. There are some really big holes in the squad that I really need to address. I’m confident I can manage some sort of success with this team though. It’s definitely more of a challenge than my previous jobs, but I feel I have enough about me as a manager to achieve positive things.

2030	Beijing Gouan		Chinese Super League	1st (C)		Chinese Super League Winners, Chinese Super Cup Winners
2031	DC United		MLS East Conference	6th		Took over in 10th

2/10 top domestic leagues (2025/26 SA Premier League, 2030 Chinese Super League Winners)

0/1 world tournaments

Edited by goonergez

1661383368_DCUnitedCrest.png.c9daf3b71211b29010dfa0763e8f0f7c.png

DC United FC: Departure Report

So my time with DC United has drawn to a close, on February 16th 2031. I didn’t make it to the beginning of the new campaign, having had my head turned by a number of different opportunities. In the end the complicated rules regarding transfers and drafts was just too much and I had began to look around at jobs that may be coming available.

Sacking.png.10f0c9ff72cc13cb6fa850acc6bd60d3.png

The end straw turned out to be when the job at River Plate was shown as insecure and I decided to declare my interest. The board called me in for a meeting and I refused to back down. They made the decision to relinquish me of my duties by sacking me.  I don’t blame them and I’m not really gutted about it either. The complicated rules was just too much for me, and I didn’t enjoy my time with the club at all. I couldn’t see how I could improve the squad and was eyeing a way out basically. So far nothing has come to fruition, but hopefully I’ll be at my next club pretty soon. I’m ready and raring to go. This is a first blotch on my managerial resume, and I am determined to erase it from memory as soon as I can.

2031	DC United		MLS East Conference	6th		Took over in 11th

0/1 world tournaments

September 2031 Update

After successful spells in both South Africa and then China, I was brought back to earth with a bang after a brief spell in the USA with DC United. On the field we weren't actually bad, but the tough restrictions on transfers and squad building put me into a position I simply didn't enjoy. After showing interest in a couple of potential jobs becoming available I was sacked by the club, and back searching for a new club once more.

I waited seven months on the unemployment line before picking up the role with DC United, and decided that patience would once again prove a virtue for me this time around. After the disappointment of that spell in America I was determined to take my time and ensure my next role would be much more enjoyable. My plan was to take on another project and spend several years at my next club. Building a team to compete was the catalyst behind my successes with both SuperSport United and Beijing Guoan and for the reason I decided to wait for a job in which I could do that again. Frustratingly the job which ultimately got me fired (River Plate of Argentina) didn't became available which sort of threw me back to the drawing board really.

The waiting game got frustrating after a while though. The most interesting job for a while was with Cruzeiro in Brazil, but they hired a new manager almost instantly and denied me the opportunity to talk with them. After just shy of eight months I finally got my opportunity though, and signed a new managerial contract with a new club. In a surprising turn of events I was hired by.

Spoiler

Takeover.png.40b99aafb5f7a09d27e643713cd1c75e.png

After months of waiting I am very excited to get myself stuck into this new challenge. Hopefully I can really build something with this side, and get my levels of success back up after a frustrating year or so. I've put pen to paper on a two year contract with the club hoping to get my career back on the right path. Things haven't been going well for the club so far, and my job is to sort out the issues as quickly as possible.

Spoiler

144924041_InhertiedTable.png.5523dfa565cc015f8df0e7a2899a9bd5.png

The board want me to clinch a spot in the Copa Libertadores, which means finishing in the top-6. I'd like to push more towards the top four spots though and go straight into the group stages. In the immediate future I just need to sort out the current lack of form. The team are predicted to finish in 3rd place, which shows how poorly things have been going. I've fallen on my feet here though, and I am excited to see what I can achieve with this historical club.

2031	DC United		MLS East Conference	6th		Took over in 11th
2031/32 River Plate		Argentinian Premier	TBC

0/1 world tournaments

Season Review 2026 - Jeonbuk Hyundai Motors

Competitions - Squad - Transfers - Finances - 

TREBLE WINNERS!

After the surprise hiring we managed to cope with the pressure just fine.

We ran away from the rest of the league, so we had the opportunity to focus on the cups.

So we did it. Won the league by 14 points and both cups we entered!

Key players:

DC Tae-Min - MC Norton - AMR Duval

Outlook:

I'm loosing a couple of key players in Danilo, Hyun-Woo and Min-Kyu and have no immediate replacements. I'll take the next couple of month to consider resigning to move on or stay and keep winning.

History:

Spoiler

bO6qMw8.jpg

xS33hgG.jpg

barcelona.png.00dcedbc4e43c4b5fd35c870b7565209.png

Season 13 (2032/33) - Barcelona

I stayed another year to try win the CL and, most importantly since it´s only every 4 years, the Club World Cup. The squad was already strong but I managed to find a few quality players to bring in, with the pick of these being “The glorious” Ruy Da Gloria, bought for £82m from Hertha - attribute-wise the best defensive player I’ve seen in the game in a while.

spacer.png spacer.png

Unfortunately the new signings took some time to settle, and Liverpool unsettled my star winger Willy Furmont who spent the whole season moaning about a move to them - even as a Liverpool fan, I found that a tad unrealistic. So we suffered a couple of early defeats in the league but still managed to complete the domestic double and a 106 point season, as our form really picked up after the autumn.

In the main competition, the CL, we had a tough group containing Hertha and Man City but managed to just about top it, being rewarded with an easy win over Benfica in the last 16. Bayern proved a tough opponent in the quarters, they FM-ed us at 1-1 at home despite being a man down, but I managed to turn things around and win 2-1 in Munich to progress. We dispatched Juventus easily in the semis, and went through to the final against our conquerors from last year and reigning champions Chelsea. I went more defensive this time, trying to avoid the nightmare start to last year’s final and it sort-of paid off: they hit the bar from a set piece but then had almost no chances for the rest of the game. A couple of good finishes from my players ensured a 2-0 win for us, and with it the CL.

spacer.png spacer.png

The club world cup saw us draw Man City in the group for a reasonably tough start.

Club World Cup 2033 - Barcelona

Group Stage

Spoiler

Barcelona 8 - 0 Al-Ahli. Man City beat them 7-0 so I was pleased to top their goal difference which means we only need a draw from the second game.

Barcelona 1 - 0 Man City. A comfortable win as we managed to severely restrict their chances.

The scheduling is a bit ridiculous, the Man City game was 3 days after Al-Ahli, and we play PSG two days later. Both my starting XI and the backups are already knackered, but luckily only a couple are injured so I still have several fresh-ish players to choose from.

Quarter Final (if applicable)

Spoiler

Barcelona 2 - 0 PSG. Surprisingly comfortable, we scored in the 10th minute and never looked like losing this one.

San Lorenzo are next, the team I won Libertadores with several years ago, so I’m looking forward to the match-up, and it’s nice to have a break from playing all these European teams.

Semi Final (if applicable)

Spoiler

Barcelona 2 - 1 San Lorenzo. A super tough game. I rested most of my starters and almost paid the price as they went ahead early on and in general restricted us to very few chances. Our striker Nicolas Roman managed to equalise soon after they scored, then I had a goal disallowed in the 91st minute and Roman scored in 94th to finally take us through; phew!

Our nemesis Frank Lampard’s Chelsea await in the final; I’m expecting a tough game.

Final / 3rd place play-off (if applicable)

Spoiler

spacer.png

Another tough game. We went ahead through the ever reliable Nicolas Roman, and then Chelsea had 1 and us 3 goals disallowed by VAR. FM emulating the joy killing reality of this particular technology very well there. Then the old cliche of the other team scoring if you don’t came back to bite us, as Chelsea equalised in the 79th minute through their Ukrainian wonderkid striker Puchkov. Still, we had just about enough left in the tank for substitute Antonio Brizzi to seal the game with a wonderful free kick in the 104th minute.

Very happy to have won this, with CWC being every 4 years now and it not being clear who actually qualifies this tournament definitely has the potential to derail a challenge.

spacer.png

After the tournament

Spoiler

I applied for the AS Monaco job but they couldn’t afford the compensation and now that I can finally resign it may be too late. But in general, it’s all about ticking off those last two international trophies now, the club ones may take a while, especially toppling PSG in France, but the international ones are way more random and I’ll be happy if/when I manage to win then. I still have painful memories after losing 3 World Cup finals in a row from the last time I did this challenge so definitely am hoping not to repeat history here.

In terms of key players, defence was the star of the show. Goalkeeper Boonen wins bargain of the save so far, after being signed from Utrecht on a free. The French international centre back Medjahed was not cheap but consistently worth the money. Nicolas Roman - for his double in the CL final and goal in the CWC final, and Antonio Brizzi - for his winning free kick in the CWC - also get an honourable mention.

spacer.png spacer.png spacer.png spacer.png

CLUB CAREER
                                                                -----------

Season    Club               Division           League     Cups                          Notes
                                                            1st    2nd    Cont    CWC
2020/21    TS Sporting        RSA Div. 1           5                                      Took over in 9th, finished 5th
2021/22    TS Sporting        RSA Div. 1           1                                      
2022/23    Orlando Pirates    RSA Premier          1        Won    Won                    A quintuple of league, MTN 8, Knockout cup, Nedbank cup and CAF confed cup
2023/24    Orlando Pirates    RSA Premier          1        Won    Won    Won             A clean sweep domestically + champions league    
2024/25	   Cruz Azul	      Mex Liga BBVA        1  	    Won                           Won both apertura and clasura
2025/26	   Cruz Azul	      Mex Liga BBVA        1  	              Won 	   
2026/27	   Jeonbuk	      K League 1           1        Won           Won             A quickly completed treble   
2027/28	   San Lorenzo	      Argentine Premier    2 
2028/29	   San Lorenzo	      Argentine Premier    1        Won                 	  A domestic double + Copa Sudamericana
2029/30	   San Lorenzo	      Argentine Premier	   n/a                    Won             Won Copa Libertadores in November  
2029/30	   Fiorentina	      Serie A   	   5                                      Took over in 18th but just missed out on CL   
2030/31	   Fiorentina	      Serie A   	   1	    Won                                                                     
2031/32    Barcelona          La Liga		   1        Won 			  Runners up in the CL    
2032/33    Barcelona          La Liga		   1        Won           Won      Won       

INTERNATIONAL CAREER
                                                           --------------------

Season Nation         Cups                                                              Notes
                       World Cup   Euros   Asian Cup   ACON   Gold Cup   Copa America

2020/21 Turkmenistan         
2021/22 Uzbekistan                                      			          Qualified for World Cup through playoffs
2022/23 Uzbekistan                                       			          World Cup Group Stage; Asian cup Q/F
2023/24 Ivory Coast
2024/25 Ivory Coast				        Won
2025/26 Ivory Coast			                                                  Lost in World Cup third round
2026/27 Australia			       Won	
2028/29 Mexico						        Won
2029/30 Mexico						        			  Lost in World Cup third round
2030/31 France										  Won the Nations League
2031/32 France		            Won								  
2032/33 France										  Won the Nations League

Challenge Progress:

Club
 6/10 top domestic leagues: South Africa (Orlando Pirates); Mexico (Cruz Azul); South Korea (Jeonbuk); Argentina (San Lorenzo); Italy (Fiorentina); Spain (Barcelona)
 6/10 domestic cups: South Africa (Orlando Pirates); Mexico (Cruz Azul); South Korea (Jeonbuk); Argentina (San Lorenzo); Italy (Fiorentina); Spain (Barcelona)
 5/5 club continental championships: CAF Champions League (Orlando Pirates), CONCACAF CL (Cruz Azul); Asian CL (Jeonbuk); Copa Libertadores (San Lorenzo); Champions League (Barcelona)
 1/1 club world championship: Barcelona

International
 4/5 continental tournaments: ACON (Ivory Coast); Asian Cup (Australia); Gold Cup (Mexico); Euros (France)
 0/1 world tournaments:

Overall: 22/32

Izo - Nigeria - African Cup of Nations 2027 Review

After ending up as runners up last time out we were on a revenge tour!

It started in a relatively easy group consisting of Congo, Algeria and Zambia. We crushed them 4-0, 6-1, 5-0 ... We were firing on all cylinders.

The first knockout rounds went by as we knocked out Tunisia and Mali.

Semifinal

An even game against Senegal. We celebrated like crazy as we scored the winner 1 minute into stoppage time... We were in the final... Or so we thought.. 2 minutes later Senegal equalised. After 30 minutes of extra time we went to penalties.... And.... WON!

Final

4 days after a tough semifinal Ivory Coast awaited in the final. They beat reigning champions Marocco and South Africa on the way.

We played fantastic. Some of the best football I've seen one of my teams play. Despite that we were down most of the game.

Midway through the second half we broke down their defenses and the score was 1-1. Soon the game ended. We were going to extra time once more.

We controlled the game and we took the win.

Spoiler

Spoiler

FtRnltU.jpg

Now what?

I resign from Nigeria in the hope of landing another International gig. 4 trophies in half a year ... That's pretty good. Let' hope It'll continue!