The Ultimate Football Manager Challenge

Looking for any recommended European nations (and levels) to make a start in with this challenge. I usually start in Sweden and work my way up from there but looking to change it up this time. Thanks! 

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, changingman said:

Looking for any recommended European nations (and levels) to make a start in with this challenge. I usually start in Sweden and work my way up from there but looking to change it up this time. Thanks! 

What are you after; progressing in the challenge quickly, or an interesting challenge?

(As a preliminary piece of advice, if you're going to start outside the Big European 5, choose a nation with 2 domestic cups, since people usually fall behind on the cups).

Edited by vikeologist

1 hour ago, vikeologist said:

What are you after; progressing in the challenge quickly, or an interesting challenge?

(As a preliminary piece of advice, if you're going to start outside the Big European 5, choose a nation with 2 domestic cups, since people usually fall behind on the cups).

Bit of both really (appreciate that doesn't really help! haha) 

Beauty of Sweden was ability to progress relatively quickly (short seasons) but also easy to get appointed at the start of the game. Ideally a "second-tier" nation outside the big five but with enough levels that you can get a job easily, if that makes sense? 

8 minutes ago, changingman said:

Bit of both really (appreciate that doesn't really help! haha) 

Beauty of Sweden was ability to progress relatively quickly (short seasons) but also easy to get appointed at the start of the game. Ideally a "second-tier" nation outside the big five but with enough levels that you can get a job easily, if that makes sense? 

Nation with 2 cups advice still stands then.

However, there are 2 usual / easiest ways to start this challenge.

A) start in China / S Africa and finish in Europe

B) Start in English lower leagues (or i guess any of the Big 5 lower leagues you can get a job in, but for some reason the other 4 tend to be quite tough), shoot up the english league as soon as poss, (probably changing jobs a couple of times), do Europe then the rest of the world.

Which is the best approach kind of depends how good you are. 

But people have started elsewhere recently like Hungary or S America, (I think partly to do something different)