The FM21 Youth Academy Challenge

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not too shabby for the first season in the Finnish 2nd tier (was predicted 9th) got to the playoff final too but lost 7-4 on agg. Intake was cheeks so probobly for the best i didn't get promoted and the reason the table looks like that is that the league splits. Also question how do you get that new End of Season review thing?image.thumb.png.e52aadd1faf5491f3fbccfc124cf7ed3.png

image.thumb.png.ff47858615496731971c32a8b57afe20.png

9 hours ago, thomas_e said:

I tried holidaying one season in Spain and no teams were promoted. Holidayed for another year and no teams got promoted that year either.. strange! 

maybe 9th July like last   year I think  ?

9 hours ago, thomas_e said:

I tried holidaying one season in Spain and no teams were promoted. Holidayed for another year and no teams got promoted that year either.. strange! 

You sure? I have Spain as a league in my save and when I look at the season summary, I can see that loads of teams are promoted from the Tercera to the Segunda B.

dzUEZlL.png

I should add, I don't have the Segunda B as a playable division though, so it could be cosmetic what I'm seeing...

Edited by XaW

13 minutes ago, XaW said:

You sure? I have Spain as a league in my save and when I look at the season summary, I can see that loads of teams are promoted from the Tercera to the Segunda B.

dzUEZlL.png

I should add, I don't have the Segunda B as a playable division though, so it could be cosmetic what I'm seeing...

It is very strange indeed. Maybe its just the promotion icon missing next to the teams? I will have a look at the same screen you are and see what i can find. 

2 minutes ago, thomas_e said:

It is very strange indeed. Maybe its just the promotion icon missing next to the teams? I will have a look at the same screen you are and see what i can find. 

Could be, I've always used the season summary to look at the teams, so I thought I'd have a look when you said it didn't work.

The Spanish system has changed, if you start off with 3 leagues it becomes 4 in the second season. Question is are you looking to manage a team in the new 4th tier or a newly promoted one to the 3rd tier.  If we go by the "previously unplayable at the start of the game" it gives you a bucket load of options

Here's what the new system looks like (they've essentially sandwiched in a new tier 3)

So should we be looking at current tier 5 teams?

Portugal is similar too 

image.png.3be9d843b40edb56581a814e771936bb.png

Edited by Brother Ben

Just now, Brother Ben said:

The Spanish system has changed, if you start off with 3 leagues it becomes 4 in the second season. Question is are you looking to manage a team in the new 4th tier or a newly promoted one to the 3rd tier.  If we go by the "previously unplayable at the start of the game" it gives you a bucket load of options

Here's what the new system looks like (they've essentially sandwiched in a new tier 3)

Portugal is similar too 

image.png.3be9d843b40edb56581a814e771936bb.png

Massive, thanks. I loaded Portugal as well and when i encountered the same problem there i thought i was going crazy. 

@darren1983, your thoughts on rules here?

2 minutes ago, thomas_e said:

Massive, thanks. I loaded Portugal as well and when i encountered the same problem there i thought i was going crazy. 

obviously it's Darren's call but I would say it should be any team (in tier 4) that you can't start with.  If you go to try looking for teams that are in the 5th tier now it's a nightmare.   

I just had a quick google and its so regional its hard to get too much info

I'm going to holiday it myself to see what I can work out

40 minutes ago, Brother Ben said:

obviously it's Darren's call but I would say it should be any team (in tier 4) that you can't start with.  If you go to try looking for teams that are in the 5th tier now it's a nightmare.   

I just had a quick google and its so regional its hard to get too much info

I'm going to holiday it myself to see what I can work out

A suggestion is to holiday 1 season, add the new 4th tier and holiday another season and then take over a team promoted to the 4th tier then? That would be a team from the current 5th tier, wouldn't it?

Edited by XaW

38 minutes ago, XaW said:

A suggestion is to holiday 1 season, add the new 4th tier and holiday another season and then take over a team promoted to the 4th tier then? That would be a team from the current 5th tier, wouldn't it?

I've just checked now, you were right the first time, The teams listed in the summary are indeed those that are unplayable at the start of the game.  So it fulfils that criteria.

However they use "promoted" losely because from what I can tell these clubs were already at tier 4 anyway

It's a minefield!!!

image.png.a116e6ce80084494ce208c96811b9749.png

Apologies for clogging the thread but this gives you a better example

This is one of the tier 3 groups at the start of the game

image.png.05eda1e8a36b64a39e65f1ad4125e16e.png

The system is quite bonkers. 

Marbella and Recreativo are now in tier 2

The other three "promoted" are in a new tier 3 (esentially the same level)

Tamaraceite are now in tier 4

The four relegated teams are now in tier 5 (unplayable)

So really the 20/21 third tier is just one big qualification tournament for a new league system and technically there were no promotions to tier 4 from tier 5

My opinion, due to the convoluted nature of Spain & Portugal this year as long as a team is unplayable at the start of the game and they're in tier 4 it's fair game

Edited by Brother Ben

Brora Rangers - 2021/22

7957677358bec72ee6da9b85e0978248.png

f86b1b3ea606c8afa57904c25fa91ee7.png

We comfortably finished 1st even though the league was quite even until the last round. I am happy how the team performed but next season will be very tough as our youth in-take was poor and our best player (who scored 44 goals) left for free on Bosman. We are also not doing that well financial-wise. There's been a new chairman that bought the club and he injected 4k into the team :lol: We have no money to upgrade anything so I expect a real struggle for some seasons now. Players values are so low there's no chance we can sell anyone for more than few thousands.

60b0f42c744317f1562b158136c1caf4.png

Transfers | Youth in-take 

Key players: Andrew MacraeJordan MacRae & Colin Williamson

0b94f001217e426b4bbc60d22b12f95c.png

37 minutes ago, Brother Ben said:

My opinion, due to the convoluted nature of Spain & Portugal this year as long as a team is unplayable at the start of the game and they're in tier 4 it's fair game

I agree. Holiday one season, go to the nation summary page and pick a team from there sounds like a good plan. 

Obviously @darren1983 decides, the challenge section has no room for democracy. An effective dictatorship is underrated, like the libero. 

17 minutes ago, thomas_e said:

I agree. Holiday one season, go to the nation summary page and pick a team from there sounds like a good plan. 

Obviously @darren1983 decides, the challenge section has no room for democracy. An effective dictatorship is underrated, like the libero. 

I've now holidayed 2 seasons and 90% of the teams promoted were playable at the start of the game so its not ideal at all.

Holidaying one season is definitely the way to go.  Hopefully Darren is a benevolent dictator and he'll know a sound plan when he hears one ;) :D

There's still quite a challenge to be had, a lot of the sides after one season are 1000-1 odds and some even more

Edited by Brother Ben

3 minutes ago, Brother Ben said:

I've now holidayed 2 seasons and 90% of the teams promoted were playable at the start of the game so its not ideal at all.

Holidaying one season is definitely the way to go.  Hopefully Darren is a benevolent dictator and he'll know a sound plan when he hears one ;) :D

There's still quite a challenge to be had, a lot of the sides after one season are 1000-1 odds and some even more

Good point, didn't think of that. I agree with you here and I think Darren will be on board! :D

My tactic seems to be working fine, however, I have a slight problem; all my DMs are very poor. The one I'm using has some potential, but his stats...and he plays really poor as well.

So I'm wondering if I'm going to change it, or just leave it and hope I get a good DM in a future intake... hmmm... decisions, decisions.

2 hours ago, thomas_e said:

1 hour ago, XaW said:

33 minutes ago, thomas_e said:

16 minutes ago, Brother Ben said:

12 minutes ago, XaW said:

Good point, didn't think of that. I agree with you here and I think Darren will be on board! :D

What a mess, bloody countries changing things around, it's almost like they don't care about people trying to run a football manager challenge isn't it? :D 

The art of good management is knowing when to listen to people so I'm on board with this plan yeah :D 

Ok, I have decided on a compromise.  Instead of my main save, I will try in a smaller league to get to grips of the game.  So here we go in Scotland.  The bug from last year is still there so I cannot use East Kilbride after the first season so I have holidayed for two years instead and am now using them.

Club Introduction

East Kilbride

East Kilbride F.C. - Wikipedia

The Manager

This is me.

e5etYUo.png

EZyprdZ.png

Personal Coaching Data

Season     Reputation            Qualifications          Att   Def   Fit   GkD   GkH   GkS   Tac   Tec   Men   WWY   Ada   Det   PlK   YoK   LoD   MaM   Mot
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start   Minimal   (0.25*)     None                      1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     4     1     1     1     4     1     1     1

Club Facilities

Season     Training Facilities  Youth Facilities  Corporate Facilities  Junior Coaching  Youth Recruitment  Club Reputation
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At Start   Adequate             Adequate          Adequate              Adequate         Adequate           Regional   (1.50*)

Season Record

Season     Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overall Career Record

After Season   Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Time At Club
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trophy Haul

Season     Competition Won
--------------------------

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------

Cup Competition Victories
-------------------------

Career Overview

Season     Champions League     Europa League          League                             Position     F.A. Cup                    League Cup        Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by DazRTaylor

I'm taking over my LOCAL and favourite club of all time.
Lokeren is the city I grew up in. My club which I follow home and away in real life even after our bankrupcy and merger with Temse.

So here is the new manager of KSC Lokeren-Temse, fully eligible for the challenge this year. :)

I will be able to get in my full passion in this one!
Forza Lokeren!

20201112135701_1.jpg

20201112135834_1.jpg

Brora Rangers - 2022/23

fe93a2c9097d4f3b0c6b756615a1e5b5.png

07aa8a3331286fee18b1609361425ed8.png

We played above my expectations all season long. Jordan MacRae and Morrison stepped up to replace Andrew Macrae who left for free. In the play-offs we lost to Morton who finished behind us in regular season so that was a little bit bitter. We are struggling HARD financially. I think we need to be promoted next season or I will not be able to financially retain our key players. Good thing is that this year's in-take was better than last years and we got four players moving straight to first team. 

02ee6827131837013827be97dc50317e.png

Key players: Jordan MacRaeGreg Morrison & Joe Malin

8c7dc8cacf0bd48daf629ce53b887fea.png

1 hour ago, XaW said:

My tactic seems to be working fine, however, I have a slight problem; all my DMs are very poor. The one I'm using has some potential, but his stats...and he plays really poor as well.

So I'm wondering if I'm going to change it, or just leave it and hope I get a good DM in a future intake... hmmm... decisions, decisions.

Ahh, I just can't defend! Luckily, I can score! 10 league matches in, I've scored 30 goals and conceded 20. At least people will enjoy the matches!

21 minutes ago, OrToDaRy282 said:

I'm taking over my LOCAL and favourite club of all time.
Lokeren is the city I grew up in. My club which I follow home and away in real life even after our bankrupcy and merger with Temse.

So here is the new manager of KSC Lokeren-Temse, fully eligible for the challenge this year. :)

I will be able to get in my full passion in this one!
Forza Lokeren!

20201112135701_1.jpg

20201112135834_1.jpg

Good luck ! With Overmeire ?

Would love to do a legal youth only with my club (can't play a normal game with them, never did it.) Royal Antwerp :) let's hope they won't be available in the near future because that wouldn't be a goog sign.

18 minutes ago, scarp said:

Brora Rangers - 2022/23

fe93a2c9097d4f3b0c6b756615a1e5b5.png

07aa8a3331286fee18b1609361425ed8.png

We played above my expectations all season long. Jordan MacRae and Morrison stepped up to replace Andrew Macrae who left for free. In the play-offs we lost to Morton who finished behind us in regular season so that was a little bit bitter. We are struggling HARD financially. I think we need to be promoted next season or I will not be able to financially retain our key players. Good thing is that this year's in-take was better than last years and we got four players moving straight to first team. 

02ee6827131837013827be97dc50317e.png

Key players: Jordan MacRaeGreg Morrison & Joe Malin

8c7dc8cacf0bd48daf629ce53b887fea.png

Like your update lay-out, going to copy some of that :) 

2 minutes ago, OlivierL said:

Good luck ! With Overmeire ?

Would love to do a legal youth only with my club (can't play a normal game with them, never did it.) Royal Antwerp :) let's hope they won't be available in the near future because that wouldn't be a goog sign.

Killian is sadly not yet in the game. :(
Didn't know you were from Antwerp. :)

8 minutes ago, OlivierL said:

Like your update lay-out, going to copy some of that :) 

Agree. I might snipe it myself. Kind of looks like how Makoto does it in the career forum.

Just now, Maikol said:

Got Adequete Recruitment and average coaching myself but my finances aint looking so hot (80k in debt atm)

I also got recruitment improved.

zewOY23.png

My finances have been good so far (profit of £24k this season), so I hope we can take the small hit. The balance is £185k positive as well.

Brora Rangers - 2023/24

f69853c5a6644f5e6e36ce7d3391d00e.png

c1976e2a24ad1c65d78eca5dbe75ec0b.png

Miracle promotion might be the thing that can save our finances as money in Scottish Championship is way better than in L1. Even if we demote back to L1 next season, we will get twice the money we could get by winning L1. We played worse than last year in my opinion but with massive luck we managed to get on form for play-offs and advance. Decent intake again, no upgrades again. We will be the only not professional club in Scottish Championship.

c8e4be9e9b11e30af488b4215d42f8c5.png

Key players: Greg MorrisonJordan MacRae & Millar Gamble

6615a3e9a30a3ccc6669e575a598eb83.png