Anyone lost a girlfriend due to this game yet?

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Munter or not as long as you keep telling her she is beautiful etc etc etc & buy the odd box of chocolates and send flowers every not & then you can almost get away with anything.

If those silly things work then the woman in question is probably one of two things, a) thick and willing to buy into stereotypes, or b) thick, willing to buy into stereotypes and ugly.

If those silly things work then the woman in question is probably one of two things, a) thick and willing to buy into stereotypes, or b) thick, willing to buy into stereotypes and ugly.

That post was sponsored by "Misogynists of the world unite".

Jesus wept.

That post was sponsored by "Misogynists of the world unite".

Jesus wept.

That sounds like a Smith's song :D It was tongue in cheek, but inkeeping with the thread unfortunately.

I've never known a woman to take being bought flowers or chocolates well. If I bought my wife flowers she'd leave them in the sink until I eventually sorted out a vase, if I got her a TopShop voucher i'd be the bees knees :D

All my local shops were sold out, so I sent my girlfriend to Iraq to pick me up a copy cheap. She never made it back. :(

lol.... funny bastard :p

I havent lost any girlfriends during the past few years, but i did scream at my friends or family when they disturb me playing fm, is a bad addiction

having played FM/CM before I met my wife, A LONG TIME AGO ! i feel qualified to discuss this..

first there was the changing years.... she thought I would grow out of computer games.

then we had the demanding years .... she insisted I grow out of computer games.

Now I am into my giving up years ... she has accepted that every november there is a new release and even buys it as an early birthday present, so when I come to bed at 3am, she can't really moan, cos she bought the game !

the future however ever is that my kids are on the verge of wanting more than just fifa09 and eventually football management, I fear for my time playing with FM ! :(

I have installed FM at work and often stay for a hour or two longer and get my fix. My girlfriend is a nurse, so she often works nights, which means I stay at work playing untill late. My girlfriend has no idea and my boss is glad to see that I am always the last to go home. Sounds kinda pathetic when I put it in writing...

met a bird at work the other day, when i went out on my lunch break she came with me.... not wanted to appear obsessed managed to hold in my urge to buy the game! we sat down in Starbucks and out of the blue she shouted, holy crap its the 14th.... then to my shock and delight, she told me we had to go get Football Manager 09! i have never been so in love!!

Have you checked for an Adam's apple?

My fiance is pretty cool when it comes to my geeky hobby (as she calls it) she gets ****ed off sometimes when im playing games you cant pause and she needs to get my attention, but with FM i can just pause it and attend to her every need (well assuming that entails making her a cigarette or a cup of tea lol)

And besides i get PC fatigue quite easily and dont tend to play for long bouts, also working nights helps ALOT, those weird hours allow me to indulge my geeky hobby when shes asleep or at work :)

Mine reserved it, bought it, AND went to pick up for me. A lovely birthday. After a quick "thank-you" cup of tea, she left for her class at uni. This was all before 11am. She deserves credit. Needless to say i've hardly seen her, but FM comes first as we know. lol.

I think my other half enjoys the peace and quiet when i'm playing FM, I found a copy of FM09 on my pillow at bed time last night :) I'd told her I wasn't particularly interested in getting it just yet and was going to hold off, but she must have thought I was bluffing.

Had too many threats, screaming and violence.

She once actually threw the game into the street in front of the house. Luckily, I live on a relatively quiet street. Still nearly managed to get myself run over while hastily retrieving it. But was more relieved to find that only the case was damaged. Closest I've been to domestic violence, now I have learned the value f encouraging, hobbies, interests, friendships (wife-sitters basically) that don't involve me.

I'd place a bet that fm never got anyone a girlfriend and that during the earlier days of dating, when you send your kind and considerate representative along, no guy actually admits to playing fm!

Good luck playing and staying out of the ****, it's a fine. fine line.

She likes me playing with it actually. That way I keep myself busy and not be distracted by other girls! We are in a long distance relationship, see. She also pretends to be interested when I talk to her about FM and anything football related. What more can you ask for?

On a serious note though, its tough to get some FM loving on the go when you have a baby and a gf! f#~~FF@F@f

I get about 30 mins a night, which is actually ok because i'm a speed player and don't go in for all that training/scouting nonsense :p My wife's training as a nurse though so on the odd occasion I get a whole night to myself, which usually involves Spongebob and Lego (I love both, but a child is a great excuse) followed by FM and pizza.

met a bird at work the other day, when i went out on my lunch break she came with me.... not wanted to appear obsessed managed to hold in my urge to buy the game! we sat down in Starbucks and out of the blue she shouted, holy crap its the 14th.... then to my shock and delight, she told me we had to go get Football Manager 09! i have never been so in love!!

Fancy handing me this girls number lol. I've never met anyone to be so excited or willing to sit there and watch!!:thup: Haven't lost one yet though, but have had many of the typical cold staring looks from the gf because all i am doing is playin! FM has contributed to the downfall of my uni studies though, 4 Player LAN games in my house just cannot be put down!!

Reading this thread and thinking that girls are in fact more visually attracted types than they claim to be since "the dots" has come up here at the other end of the world as well. The day, FM is rendering 3d abs and biceps should put an end to this discussion and they will tell you who to buy and that means FM, the last resort for married/engaged men to do how they please, will be lost. Emancipation hasn/t brought any good to this world. :-)

a few years ago there was an article in the paper about fm being used as a reason for a divorce.

Dont recall that, but do recall Man Utd being cited in a divorce case - actually I just think when the wife realised her husband was Man U she realised she realised she was married to a .............. ! LOL

I just got WWSM downloaded and plan to pull an all nighter with it. I think my boyfriend will be a bit miffed at me, thankfully we just got a new puppy, named it Tito( after Tito Villa of Derby) so he should be ok. Guess he will find out what it means to have a girlfriend who loves to play FM...lol

Playing FM07 me and the gf came close to a 'termination by mutual consent' a few times. I was infatuated with the game, and she felt neglected! It got to the point where i had to shell out for my own lap-top so that I could play when i was back at mine, and she bought me 08 for xmas. I think she still bears a bit of a grudge, but i let her select the team for a few pre-season friendlies here and there, which seemed to work!

My dad used to get annoyed with me, because I would just ignore him while playing 05. Him and my gf say they're gonna start up a campaign - FAFM - Families Against Football Manager!

don't know what the big deal is. my missus has been playing cm/fm for years. you people made it sounds like all women hate football and games.

Without being sexist I would bet a lot of money a large proportion of FM fans will be male. Yes your wife/gf plays it but how many dont.

Must be fun anyway, do you fight over players? :p

Archived