Anyone lost a girlfriend due to this game yet?

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've lost two wives and a girlfriend over three continents due to FM but I'm not bitter - they were all too demanding and high-maintenance, whereas FM has never been unfaithful to me. I now have a wife who supplies me with endless ice drinks and massages to allow me to play uninterrupted. Sorted!

I've lost two wives and a girlfriend over three continents due to FM but I'm not bitter - they were all too demanding and high-maintenance, whereas FM has never been unfaithful to me. I now have a wife who supplies me with endless ice drinks and massages to allow me to play uninterrupted. Sorted!

Now, that's hardcore! :eek:

are you still running that bar with the massive TV?

are you still running that bar with the massive TV?

Blimey fellow Andy, you have a long memory. Nah, that was over 3 years ago in Thailand. Great TV but boring country, so I moved next door to Cambodia (hence my current username). Everything else in my life has changed, numerous times, but FM has been THE constant. True love ;)

Blimey fellow Andy, you have a long memory. Nah, that was over 3 years ago in Thailand. Great TV but boring country, so I moved next door to Cambodia (hence my current username). Everything else in my life has changed, numerous times, but FM has been THE constant. True love ;)

I was wondering where you have gone :D good to know you are getting your pirority correct as well. Have you gone back to teaching again?

I aint necessarily lost a girlfriend, i lost all chance of succeeding in life though! failed my A Levels thanks to this game! WELL WORTH IT. Chelsea were worth billions by the time i finished, i had won everything, then put the club into liquidation.... never been so proud in my life... haha!

My gf actually gave me the money too buy FM09 as an early bday present ive sat here all day for the past 2 days she just takes the remote watches tele makes me roll ups laughs at me when im stressed and basicaly doesnt care at all lol im blessed..

My gf actually gave me the money too buy FM09 as an early bday present ive sat here all day for the past 2 days she just tzkes the remote watches tele makes me roll ups laughs at me when im stressed and basicaly doesnt care at all lol im blessed..

You get laughed at too? She tells me I get too emotional, especially over a game. Some people just don't understand!!

Well i thought the best thing was to get my GF involved and let her have a go, however when i heard the following "Oh, ill buy him cos he's got a funny name" that was too much. SHE HAD TO GO AND SPOIL IT, Top tip - Guitar Hero seems to keep her happy - Best £60 i ever spent!

The threads is serious lols.

Ive had a gf for over 5 years now, been playing fm/cm for around 8-9 years so it was around from the start. Tried to get her into it but she never seemed to see the fascination of it?? She calls me sad and geeky for getting so worked up about it and when it puts me in a bad mood when 'its just a game'! But to be fair she does ask me how my game is going, which is a big mistake for her, and trys to seem interested. We are now at different uni's and see each other at weekends, which gives me weekdays to play it whenever i want. The only problem being is that my work is suffering. I have a 1500 word essay in for 10am tomorrow, of which i have completed 600, and am on here reading threads whilst playing fm09. Going to be a late night i think. Its a tough job being an fm manager

Whenever I 'appear' to want to get off the phone to my girlfriend earlier than usual, she always asks (in that 'special' tone of hers) 'Going to play that manager game?' 'No darling'

Hangs-up

Loads-up

If she's with me, I channel flick until Friends appears then she's sedated for a while.

Be sure not to loan her to the African leagues as she probably won't ever come back.

I haven't lost a girlfriend or anything like that but I mean you gotta compromise, do what she wants for a hour or two, then you get to play manager for a day or two :D

My girlfriend seems to have me man-marked most of the time but my physical stats are much higher, not to mention my mental stats being higher as well so I can hang in there and make sure I get some more playing in. Don't worry my aggression is low so none of that business fellas, but yeah glad most of you lads getting your birds to buy you the game that is awesome

Bit worried letting the assistant handle/get feedback as the feedback will probably be go in hard on her, then saying it looks like she is getting exhausted out there ;) Or if I put it on holiday the board might sell her for a high fee, bring in a youngster..then i am in trouble....:O Bit of a no go zone there? :D

Be sure not to loan her to the African leagues as she probably won't ever come back.

I haven't lost a girlfriend or anything like that but I mean you gotta compromise, do what she wants for a hour or two, then you get to play manager for a day or two :D

My girlfriend seems to have me man-marked most of the time but my physical stats are much higher, not to mention my mental stats being higher as well so I can hang in there and make sure I get some more playing in. Don't worry my aggression is low so none of that business fellas, but yeah glad most of you lads getting your birds to buy you the game that is awesome

Bit worried letting the assistant handle/get feedback as the feedback will probably be go in hard on her, then saying it looks like she is getting exhausted out there ;) Or if I put it on holiday the board might sell her for a high fee, bring in a youngster..then i am in trouble....:O Bit of a no go zone there? :D

But you two are about even on the technique? Good for ya. :D

I was wondering where you have gone :D good to know you are getting your pirority correct as well. Have you gone back to teaching again?

Yes mate, but this time I'm a professor in the country's most prestigious university. It means slogging away from 8 am until 7 pm, so with FM to wind down in evenings and at weekends the missus' only chance of a look-in is to supply me with iced drinks and massages.

Her adaptability rating seemed on the low side initially - we did have one 'I'm leaving you because you're late to come to bed' incident, but I worked that than an hour's training session leaves her condition low enough that she conks out, allowing me uninterrupted focus on life's #1 priority ;)

Archived