The FM20 Youth Academy Challenge

KeltyHearts.png.debfdbe9b792f225371b626232913808.png

SEASON 3 - LADBROKES LEAGUE 1

LEAGUE TABLE - FIXTURES - FIXTURES - FIXTURES - PLAYER STATS - TEAM STATS - COMPETITION REVIEW

MANAGER PROFILE - CHARACTERISTICS - ATTRIBUTES

CLUB PROFILE - GENERAL - FACILITIES - HONOURS - FINANCES - TRANSFERS

SEASON OVERVIEW

For pre-season this year I decided to leave the bigger teams alone and focus on building morale and form as well as fitness. We brushed aside the teams and went into the League Cup in good shape. It was a good all round performance, losing only once to one of the title favourites in Dunfermline Athletic. We were out at the group stage again, but performance levels had been good. Into the League and 2-1 away win at Queen of the South got things moving early on despite our pre-season odds of 25-1 outsiders. A dissapointing 1-1 draw in the following game with Forfar was followed by 4 wins in a row. 5 wins from the opening 6 was a great start to the season. Could we push on? A disapointing home defeat tp St. Johnstone reserves meant for another poor run in the Challenge Cup. Defeats to Edinburgh City and Cove Rangers were followed by 2 draws, meaning thr great start wasn't long lasting. 9 wins from the next 14 games pushed us up the table and entered us into a title race by January. The 2-2 draw with Queen of the South (coming from 2-0 down) meant we remained joint top before Christmas. A week later, a 2-1 victory over Forfar Athletic meant we moved into first position. In the Scottish Cup victory over Elgin City had set us up for our first meeting with one of the Old Firm. Rangers away. A decent performance, ending in a 5-2 defeat was worth it as it brought in around £170k. This money was invested straight into the youth facilities. Back in the League and a dissapointing 4-1 defeat at home to Stenhousemuir meant that we found ourselves 8 points of the top after 27 games and looking like we would have to settle for the play-offs. The next game, a 94th minute, 1-0 defeat to leaders Queen of the South, meant the title race was over. The season ending on a really poor note with just 3 wins in the last 13 games. 8 of the games being defeats. A 3-0 win at Stenhousemuir on the last day ensured 2nd place and gave a glimour of hope for the Play-offs, where we would face them again over 2 legs. A fanastic 1-0 away win in the first leg ensured we had one foot in the final, but it wasn't to be. A poor performance at home resulting in a 3-1 loss meant that was it for another year. Overall a really good season, however, the last few months results could be very alarming. Hopefully we can brush that off for the new season

THE PLAYERS

This was the season were some if the players from previous intakes were starting to sneak into the first team. Jim Moffat made the right side of midfield his own and managed 7 goals from 38 games. Dylan Easton carried on his recent form and Nathan Austin  once again finished top goalscorer with 23 goals in 42 starts. Ross Mutch forced his was into the starting 11 and managed 15 league goals. Steve Mackie made the left back spot his own, but performances will need to improve. Other youngsters moving into first team contention included James Moffat, Lee Mitchell and Jim Johnston.

THE YOUTH INTAKE

The youth intake preview promised a golden generation. Although decent, it wasn't as good as I had hoped

OTHER NEWS

In other news, Dean Watson became the clubs youngest ever player and our record attendance was broken during our play-off game with Stenhousmuir. Work began on the youth facility improvements, Nathan Austin won the League 1 player of the year and I reached 100 games in management.

season.thumb.PNG.7864359c7aa3ec2a8d7ef541d360f24c.PNG

Facilities.thumb.PNG.41dee2f20074c1d494776da2cd8e0154.PNG

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I've started a game, and I'm going to a country have a real FM love for, completely without any reasonable explanation, and a country I would like to visit some time, Hungary!

Th8pyYX.png

I've taken over Putnok FC, a club from a small town in the northern parts of Hungary, close to the Slovakian border. The team looks decent enough.

HBsAS1v.png

And I have a really exciting 15 year old player already in the team.

pw4CwgV.png

Amazing stats for a player of that age, and I think he'll be part of the club for a long time going forward.

18 hours ago, dkouv said:

logo.png.8455f90638f71590e430b5e071db4bd7.png

Scarborough Athletic - Season 16 (2035/36)

English Premier League

League: European football stretched our squad again, but we did better than the last time we qualified for the Euro Cup, finishing up in 7th following a decent run of results in the spring. Unfortunately this didn’t get us into Europe this year, as 8th placed Leicester won the Euro Conference and qualified at our expense. We did well in the domestic cups, reaching league cup quarters and taking Liverpool to extra time in the FA cup semi. A pretty crazy season scoreline-wise, with us finishing joint top scorers with 75 but conceding third-highest 66 goals in the process, thanks to our awesome attack and crappy defense ( @Padders - is this absolute lack of quality defenders a Scarborough thing? :)  ).

Europe: We topped the group consisting of Napoli, Feyenoord and Maribor, and manufactured a fantastic second leg comeback to beat Napoli 6-5 on aggregate in the quarters. Eventual winners Man Utd were too strong for us in the quarters.

JkAB7H7.png  wmPpNKX.png  M7ZBCbp.png

Players: We now have two wonderkids in Nick Harmon 13b (ST/AML) and Ben Griffiths 12b (MC/AMC), and while Christopher Uche 12a (DLC) is not a wonderkid he has been a very solid center back for us amongst our generally rubbish ageing defense.

kcubSx1.png  tr9PCJa.png  RVUepzL.png

Youth intake: Not much depth but I'm feeling cautiously optimistic given our dire needs in defense. The intake preview promised center backs and Bartosz Wiacek 16a (DC/MC) looks pretty awesome, although I’m not sure he'll be needing that 11 finishing any time soon :)Darren Maguire 16b (DL/WBL) comes through in a very understaffed fullback position, and Lee Carver 16c (MC/AMRC) joins the swelling ranks of our attacking midfielders.

SD2G4kz.png  kRvPatF.png  3E0aN2o.png  L6stD1A.png

Facilities: Training & youth facility upgrade + stadium expansion done, another facility upgrade on the way

6Acj77H.png

Transfers: quite a few of the ageing / not good enough players leaving

gCoLKEw.png

Season    |  League        | Pos. |   Europe   |     Notes
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2020/21   | Vanarama North |  7   |   n/a      | Lost in playoff semi final. FA cup first round
2021/22   | Vanarama North |  2   |   n/a      | Promotion through playoffs 
2022/23   | Vanarama Nat.  |  16  |   n/a      |
2023/24   | Vanarama Nat.  |  8   |   n/a      |
2024/25   | Vanarama Nat.  |  3   |   n/a      | Lost in playoff semi final
2025/26   | Vanarama Nat.  |  6   |   n/a      | Lost in playof final. FA cup 4th round
2026/27   | Vanarama Nat.  |  1   |   n/a      | Promotion
2027/28   | League 2       |  3   |   n/a      | Promotion
2028/29   | League 1       |  5   |   n/a      | Promotion through playoffs
2029/30   | Championship   |  5   |   n/a      | Lost in playoff final, in extra time
2030/31   | Championship   |  4   |   n/a      | Lost in playoff final
2031/32   | Championship   |  1   |   n/a      | Promoted. League cup semi.
2032/33   | Premiership    |  6   |   n/a      | Qualified for Europa League
2033/34   | Premiership    |  8   | Europa Q/F |
2034/35   | Premiership    |  6   |   n/a      |
2035/36   | Premiership    |  7   | Europa Q/F |

Season    |  Coaching     |  Recruitment      | Training Fac.  | Youth Fac.      |  Stadium
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2020/21   |  Adequate     |  Fairly Basic     | Below average  |  Basic          |  3208
2021/22   |  Excellent    |  Average          | Below average  |  Basic          |  3208
2022/23   |  Excellent    |  Average          | Below average  |  Below average  |  4000
2023/24   |  Excellent    |  Average          | Below average  |  Below average  |  4000
2024/25   |  Excellent    |  Average          | Below average  |  Below average  |  4000
2025/26   |  Excellent    |  Good             | Below average  |  Adequate       |  4000
2026/27   |  Exceptional  |  Good             | Adequate       |  Adequate       |  4000
2027/28   |  Exceptional  |  Good             | Adequate       |  Below average  |  5500
2028/29   |  Exceptional  |  Good             | Adequate       |  Adequate       |  5500
2029/30   |  Exceptional  |  Good             | Adequate       |  Adequate       |  5500
2030/31   |  Exceptional  |  Excellent        | Average        |  Average        |  8250
2031/32   |  Exceptional  |  Exceptional      | Good           |  Good           |  8250
2032/33   |  Exceptional  |  Exceptional      | Good           |  Good           |  leasing Hull's ground
2033/34   |  Exceptional  |  Exceptional      | Great          |  Great          |  17323
2034/35   |  Exceptional  |  Exceptional      | Excellent      |  Excellent      |  leasing Boro's ground
2035/36   |  Exceptional  |  Exceptional      | Superb         |  Superb         |  35099

Yeah took me years to get any decent centre backs

Got a couple now but still conceding loads of goals

Fotbolltransfers.com - Officiellt: IK Sleipner lånar Riki Cakic ...
Season Review 2021
League | Facilities | Transfers | Finance | Youth Intake

What an amazing season we had! we looked strong from start to almost finish! last month when we were trying to secure it all we drew one followed by 2 losses against lesser teams so we got a bit nervous but the team chasing us lost an game and we were champions! Last game we started with 7 academy players! and won 2-0 which feels amazing as we only 2 seasons in and the guys have not grown that much yet! Player of the season is once again Citaku! this year we moved him over to the left wing as our youth prospect Adam took the right wing and Citaku converted all those assists from last year into goals from the other side! banging in 12 goals but only 1 assists so not as good as from right wing but it was worth it to give Adam an starting eleven spot. Looking forward to div 1 (tier 3)  next year!

Prospect wise we let 3 players have a real go at first team football this year. Adam being ordinary right wing his stats is further down. (01-C)Filip Melander being ordinary CD  playing 23 games and avg 7.06 and also (01-B)Daniel Bergström as GK getting 16 games and keeping 10 clean sheets! and only conceding 8 goals. 

FInance is going worse because of our youth setup but more incomes next season will stable it a bit atleast

Transfers nothing happen here will probably be calm for a few seasons

Facilities stayed the same because of economy going worse

Top Scorer: Gentrit Citaku 12 Goals 19(0) Games Avg 6.76

Top Assists: Calle Appelquist 7 assists 22(0) Games Avg 7.20

Best Average Filip Elg 3 Goals 3 Assists 25(0) Games Avg 7.23

Top Prospect (01-A)Adam Åhman 8 Goals 4 Assists 25(0) Games Avg 7.16

a0ea7ce0e1799f368437319b463633da.png

Ouch, sorry to see it, @Padders!

I'm having some issues myself, albeit not as bad. I'm a fair bit into the season, but BOTH my senior strikers have broken a leg... So my only striker is a poor 17 year old, who are now first choice for the rest of the season. Or at least until the intake...

Things are going well though, we are in contention for a surprise promotion, but losing both strikers for the rest of the season will really hinder us.

The intake seems promising though.

3X0YSje.png

gosport.thumb.jpg.e02fee3409d23bd4736f5bfa95f2c5f0.jpg

Gosport Borough Football Club

Season 2021/22 | Vanorama south | 19th

A very dissapointing 2nd season, where we didnt find any stability before the last 8 matches and we ended 5 points after our point score last season. Our team were underperforming and in november i decided to skip the old "experienced" players, to give as much playing time as possible to our young players.

We managed to give more than 20.000 playing minutes to our 17/18 year old players and I will use this summer to cut down the wages and many of our experienced older players will leave the premises.

Our youth intake was good - but we are struggling with bad personalities - to many unambitious regens - we hope to change this over time.

As we will play extremely young team next season, we might take a season extra before it is realistic to fight for promotion with this squad.

Our best young players of the year was young spanish Targetman Roger Cortes and his new young partner in front Robbie Ellis

We got a had Brexit - for some reason our young 17-year old scotsman was rejected work permit before appeal. I hope this will not be big issue as we have tons of young foreign talent arriving through the academy.

20200515221334_1.jpg

20200516210819_1.jpg

20200516204757_1.jpg

20200516204501_1.jpg

20200516204123_1.jpg

20200516203802_1.jpg

20200516202227_1.jpg

20200516201635_1.jpg

20200515221342_1.jpg

Edited by ravenation

22 minutes ago, XaW said:

I'm having some issues myself, albeit not as bad. I'm a fair bit into the season, but BOTH my senior strikers have broken a leg... So my only striker is a poor 17 year old, who are now first choice for the rest of the season. Or at least until the intake...

Ahhh ****!

R6rztDS.png

4 hours ago, XaW said:

Ahhh ****!

R6rztDS.png

Your new laptop is cursed mate :D 

3 hours ago, Padders said:

Managed to keep hold of my job over pre season

Minimum required is play offs

TBH i am looking for automatic

20200516211059_1.thumb.jpg.8bc61a1de577ca284636e14b37470d2a.jpg

Glad you kept your job, would have been a sickner to see you fired after all this time. Good luck. 

FC_United_of_Manchester_crest_svg.png.a126123e9f6c365439f10125625c60af.png

Season 2026/27 Review

League | FA Cup | League Cup | EFL Trophy | Transfers | Squad | Finances

On paper a very good season, however I end this season with a real hatred for my players. At the end of last season I was excited by Murray 23B so of course championship side Ipswich came in with a bid for his buy out clause which was a real blow to how we played. Basically only left us with 2 decent League 2 level CM's so that meant another tactic change, back to the attacking 442, we started slowly and only won one of our first 6 games, we then clicked and started to play really well. Last season's other big player Higgins 21A was joined up top by Mark Mayfield 24C, who went 20 games across last season and this without scoring but once he did he was flying. We turned down 200k for him in the summer also from Ipswich and by Jan he had 20 goals and we were flying. Then came Derby. 500k and 50% of next sale was too good for me to turn down (we need to sell as we spend nearly 100K a month on our youth setup so need to bring cash in) we then only won 4 of the final 14 league games. We actually coped without him at first and with 7 games to go we were 2nd before a narrow and harsh loss to champions Shrewbury (we were down to 10 men after 11 mins and lost 2-1 despite battering them in the 2nd half and should have got a point at least) rocked us and we never won again as we dropped to 5th.

In the playoffs we played a Gillingham side that beat us twice in the league, in the away game our poor for got even worse as we were 3-0 at HT we did score twice in the 2nd half but from the kick off of both goals they scored before adding a 6th in injury time. In the rather pointless 2nd leg we lost 1-0 and had 2 men sent off.

In the cups we had a good run in the FA Cup, making it to the 4th round to play Arsenal away, their backups were too good and 3-1 flattered us tbh. In the other cups we again fell at the first hurdle of them.

Youth Intakeanother good one with some good players with some really nice personalities 

Stephen Williams 27A - right winger with some decent attributes for that role
Paul Morton 27B - CM, like the look of him, some good mentals to start with, needs bulking up a bit though
Mark Gibbons 27C - left winger, tiny but looks OK
Peter Gardner 27D - another CM, we need depth here and could have it soon
Shane Logan 27E - Irish striker, always good to have some height here, looks alright

Career Progress

Season		League		Position	Junior Coaching		Youth Recruitment 	Notes
2020/21		VNLN		8th 		Adequate		Fairly Basic
2021/22		NVLN		3rd 		Good			Average			Recruitment and coaching upgrades Lost playoff semi finals	
2022/23		NVLN		14th 		Good			Adequate		Youth Recruitment upgrade, started first coaching badge
2023/24		VNLN		7th 		Excellent		Good			Got first coaching badge. Promotion via playoffs
2024/25		VNL		5th 		Excellent		Good			Won promotion via playoffs. Got Youth facility upgrade
2025/26		League 2	14th 		Excellent		Good
2026/27		League 2	5th 		Excellent		Good			Lost in playoffs semi finals

So yeah, on paper was good but can't help but be annoyed with how we played when the pressure was on, which I guess is going to happen when the team is basically 21 and under, unless they have the perfect personalities they're not going to be the best at handling pressure. Sometimes I forget this is about developing youth and not really about how quickly we can get up the leagues. 

Edited by darren1983

7 hours ago, darren1983 said:

Your new laptop is cursed mate :D 

I'm beginning to wonder! :rolleyes:

Typing up the summary now, and things went well, even with the injuries! :D

XaW - Putnok FC - 2020/21

Putnok_VSE_logo.png

Table | Squad | Transfers | Finances

This has been one of the most fun and nerve wrecking seasons I've had in FM for a long while. When I took over the club the squad was quite decent, but with a lack of offensive players overall. The ones that were there were quite good, but with pretty much no backups at all. The season started simply amazing for us though, as we won the first 5 league matches. And we were rarely got thumped by any other team, so it seems the team is well suited for this level. Our good start meant we were in the upper part of the table, but one team pulled ahead of the rest, Paksi tried to run away, but never really got a very big lead due to too many drawn matches. Towards the end of the season it seemed like promotion was given to ourselves and Paski, but out of nowhere came Ajka. Their amazing climb this season were a surprise. Going into the final match it was a three horse race for the two promotion spots. We had the advantage, Ajka and Paksi could overtake us if we lost. We won 3-0 though, and won the division and got promoted to the top tier.

In the Magyar Kupa we beat Szekszárd, Baja and Ajka before losing to top tier Kisvárda in the 4th round.

The preview message for the youth intake this season were labeled as a "golden generation", so I were quite excited to see what we got, but the intake itself were quite underwhealming. We got a few good players, and I kept a lot of them to bolster the squad if nothing else, but I had hoped for more. The two most highly rated are Attila Herédi 21a, who are a good talent and will play a lot for us, and Gábor Ficsór 21b, both attacking minded midfielders. Now, I do need good attacking options, so I'm happy to add them to the squad. Still, I do think we are in for some really tough seasons. I did manage to get both academy coaching and youth recruitment improved this season, albeit after the intake had happened, so hopefully this will improve as the seasons roll on.

The U19s only played friendlies this season, so there's not much to write about them.

Season    | League               | Pos   | Cup        | Europe      | Notes
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2020/21   | Nemzeti Bajnokság II | 1st   | 4th rnd    | N/A         | Promoted as champions

Season    | Coaching     | Recruitment   | Training Fac   | Youth Fac
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2020/21   | Adequate     | Average       | Basic          | Below Average

Player statistics (youth only)
Most apps                   |  Attila Herédi 21a - 7 apps
Most goals                  |  Gábor Ficsór 21b - 3 goals
Biggest sale                |  N/A
Most international apps     |  N/A
Most international goals    |  N/A
Most goals in a match       |  Attila Herédi 21a - 1 goals
Highest av rating           |  Gábor Ficsór 21b - 6.98 (7 apps)
Youngest player             |  Attila Herédi 21a - 16 years 272 days
Youngest goalscorer         |  Attila Herédi 21a - 16 years 272 days
Oldest player               |  Gábor Ficsór 21b - 17 years 93 days
Oldest goalscorer           |  Gábor Ficsór 21b - 17 years 86 days

South Shields F.C. New Crest.png

South Shields FC 

Youth Intake 2036

An okay intake. I was told that I would get a great talent at full back. I did, but I wish it was a left full back! There seems to be an error in the game as I can't renew my starting left back's contract. He has started basically every game for 10 years, but he refuses to negotiate as he want's confirmation of more playing time... And time is running out! 

Grant Brooke, Joe Goodman and Christopher Taylor all look like decent prospects, exciting to see their development over the next 12 months. 

350824169_2020-05-1714_24_50-FootballManager2020.thumb.jpg.bb3c1f0b9d078de5889edd6de440b448.jpg     661990108_2020-05-1714_25_00-FootballManager2020.thumb.jpg.37d2573bfaeaba6ce2249a1a908859ed.jpg     753658370_2020-05-1714_25_07-FootballManager2020.thumb.jpg.318645fc83a33c58fd7f13b60f210fc2.jpg     20740870_2020-05-1714_25_17-FootballManager2020.thumb.jpg.fec51c1e3c09c9dfe75082195939c63a.jpg

Edited by thomas_e

South Shields F.C. New Crest.png

South Shields FC

Season Summary 2035 - 2036

We were unlucky missing out on Europe next season. Finished 6th place, but Chelsea grabbed the FA Cup and took the last spot. We had a great season with our best ever finish. Solid at home, but struggling away. We only had 5 draws all season! 

We have had success playing a 4-3-3 with a DM and attacking wingers. Next season we will change to a 4-2-3-1 with CM's. I hope to provide some more support for our striker and control possession a little bit more. 

We brought back Bob Dolan from loan in January and put him into the starting eleven. This was a success and I hope he and Ryan Hughes can be a good partnership in the coming years. Hughes, our best player by far, signed a new contract at the end of the season. Unfortunately with a release clause, but there was no way around it! 

We have some top talent in the U23 team, but no Championship team seems interested in getting them on loan. If that doesn't happen next year we will have to promote them into the first team. 

We made the semi final in both the Carabao Cup and the FA Cup which was great. 

Season Summary

518005808_2020-05-1717_31_57-FootballManager2020.thumb.jpg.84507a76f70c845c362d591ae9909e01.jpg     1023705825_2020-05-1717_32_12-FootballManager2020.thumb.jpg.40730aeb3f43e37f2f5b4281bb1cbb22.jpg     399474724_2020-05-1717_32_24-FootballManager2020.thumb.jpg.74d12d0caa58d8b1dcebb3ea7306c2e8.jpg

Top performers

1930551814_2020-05-1717_32_35-FootballManager2020.thumb.jpg.e42d3e90c42fa275abe964c011040e85.jpg     2073376415_2020-05-1717_32_55-FootballManager2020.thumb.jpg.3d73ef0f205c6c0f33a45d18c21d3d4f.jpg     2133884006_2020-05-1717_33_17-FootballManager2020.thumb.jpg.54f92e9228371d690a56b0e80619b3cd.jpg

Top talents

965287273_2020-05-1717_33_40-FootballManager2020.thumb.jpg.f1a302a3d3af916aa7a629d7d65b3006.jpg     508173185_2020-05-1717_33_48-FootballManager2020.thumb.jpg.877107f3a4badfeda6f7d850a9a0cf7d.jpg     1750908813_2020-05-1717_33_57-FootballManager2020.thumb.jpg.775baa13f3ac9315955dcc13b30c5c3c.jpg

Season	|	League                      |   Position    |    FA Cup     |       League Cup            |   Notes
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2020/21	|	Vanarama Nat. League South  |	  1st       |  1st round    |       2nd Round (FA Trophy) |   Promotion! 
2021/22	|	Vanarama Nat. League        |	  7th       |  3rd round    |       2nd Round (FA Trophy) |   Made the playoffs 
2022/23	|	Vanarama Nat. League        |	  5th       |  3rd round    |       2nd Round (FA Trophy) |   Lost VNL playoff final 
2023/24	|	Vanarama Nat. League        |	  7th       |  1st round    |       4th Round (FA Trophy) |   Lost first playoff leg
2024/25	|	Vanarama Nat. League        |	  1st       |  2nd round    |       3rd Round (FA Trophy) |   Promotion! 
2025/26	|	Sky Bet League 2            |	  7th       |  1st round    |       2nd round             |   Lost first playoff leg 
2026/27	|	Sky Bet League 2            |	  3rd       |  2nd round    |       1st round             |   Promotion! 
2027/28	|	Sky Bet League 1            |	  13th      |  4th round    |       1st round             |   Solid mid-table finish 
2028/29	|	Sky Bet League 1            |	  1st       |  1th round    |       2nd round             |   Promotion! 
2029/30	|	Championship                |	  20th      |  4th round    |       1st round             |   Survived on the last day
2030/31	|	Championship                |	  11th      |  4th round    |       3rd round             |   Mid-table finish, great progress
2031/32	|	Championship                |	  2nd       |  Qtr final    |       2nd round             |   Promotion to the Premier League! 
2032/33	|	Premier League              |	  16th      |  4th round    |       3rd round             |   Avoided relegation! 
2033/34	|	Premier League              |	  14th      |  3rd round    |       2nd round             |   Avoided relegation once again
2034/35	|	Premier League              |	  9th       |  5th round    |       Qtr final             |   Solid mid-table finish
2035/36	|	Premier League              |	  6th       |  Semi final   |       Semi final            |   Good 6th place finish

KeltyHearts.png.debfdbe9b792f225371b626232913808.png

SEASON 4 - LADBROKES LEAGUE 1

LEAGUE TABLE - FIXTURES - FIXTURES - FIXTURES - PLAYER STATS - TEAM STATS

CLUB PROFILE - GENERAL - FACILITIES - HONOURS - FINANCES - TRANSFERS

SEASON OVERVIEW

So after making the play-offs last season we were hoping this would be the year to move up to the Championship. A mixed League Cup saw us out at the group stage again with 2 wins and 2 losses. The league season got off to a poor start, with 2 defeats in the opening 3 games. The Challenge Cup didn't prove any better as we went out at the first hurdle to East Fife on penalties. 3 wins in a row, starting at the back end of August, was only a mask as inconsistency seemed to mar the whole season. The Scottish Cup proved no different, with Stenhousemuir knocking us out in the third round with a 2-1 home loss. Despite the up and down performances, a 1-1 draw away at Edinburgh saw us just a point of the play-offs with 6 games to go. This was as good as it got though with only 1 win in the final 6 games meaning a dissapointing 6th place finish.

THE PLAYERS

The usual suspects of Dylan Easton (who was out for 6 months), Ross Mutch and Nathan Austin all stood out. Ben Reilly really kicked on at right back, finishing the season with a good average rating of 7.19. Ian MaClennan impressed in his first 3 games, including a goal on his debut.

THE YOUTH INTAKE

The youth intake promised a golden generation and I actually think it may have delivered. Ian MaClennan and Craig Brown already seem first team ready and can hopefully help us kick on next season.

OTHER NEWS

In other news, our attendance record was broken for the second year running.

Season.thumb.PNG.63cde6c9323f45865c470217b18f8e4e.PNG

Facilities.thumb.PNG.d84fd24dbe83cf464dacc13e95afc31b.PNG

image.jpeg.fab37b602d74c3e676a4b797e8151c57.jpeg

Season 18/19 2037-2039

Season 18 was complicated, we struggle in the first part of the season due to our incapacity to score goals. Despite having the most opportunities created in L2, we had a low conversion rate (5% after 23 games, 8% after 46 games), fighting to avoid relegation. This may come from the forced sell of my best winger for 1,1M to a championship squad (forced by chairman). Sadly, he is stuck in u23 since then, wasting his talent. For some reason, around the 2/3 of the season we started to score again, and were able to secure a mid table finish. 

A nice Carabao Cup run, reaching third round against Arsenal at the Emirates Stadium. We lost 3-1, but i was already happy with the goal scored :) This financial boost + the 1,1m sell allowed me to ask a youth facilities upgrade. (750k)

At the end of the season i released several players, with the plan to train some of my midfielders as wingers. I saw season 19 like a transition year, and i wanted to try something.

Season 19 I made the call to give low primes to my players. The difference between low and high primes represents around 300k€. This is 7-10% of my incomes over a season. I wanted to see if i felt a difference over the season, as i was giving automatically high primes to my players every season. We started the season really strong with 29 points in 11 games (9w-2d), but we weren't able to keep the rythm, slowly falling. We end up missing the PO for 3 points.

We reached the 5th round in the Fa Cup, beating Oxford (L1) in 3rd round, and Middlesbrough (Championship) away in 4th round. We faced West Brown (PL) in 5th round. Despite a clear dominance by West Brown, we managed to equalize at the last minute with a penalty. I expected a return game, then when the game continued, it took me few seconds before understanding what was going on (and check the rules lol) We lost 2-1 during the extra time.

Overall, i didn't feel a high impact on the field of giving low primes. We probably missed some points here and there, was it worth it 300k? I don't think so. The overall good season allowed us to ask a new Youth facilities upgrade (775k)

Next season i will aim the promotion, and may be the L2 title if things turn out our way. This time i will give high primes for sure  :D

League 2:

1100600_20200517034023_1.thumb.png.46442035db15f5c59c42ff6d553553db.png1100600_20200517033841_1.thumb.png.1036735421b7ddde0c3804722a393acd.png

Squad:

1100600_20200517034013_1.thumb.png.39923fc27e38f69ed8d4c8d7501fef46.png1100600_20200517033820_1.thumb.png.93485764534a4eb0948780c30e399c39.png

Youth Intake:

1100600_20200508141934_1.thumb.png.7ecbcdabebef4dd7e25af5ffcef0e6a7.png1100600_20200512151503_1.thumb.png.81e39217cb7060aa29aee3ba523757f2.png

1493047331_Annotation2020-05-17033654.thumb.png.edd732e85274ff1e84101abc013d4b06.png

Edited by SpS_Zen

NK Zadar: 2067/68 season review

Ladies and Gents, I present to you the biggest choke in the history of football :( 11 points clear with 6 games to go and I managed to thrown the league away.
Our CL campaign was ended in the Q/F as we were blown away by a rampant Liverpool side.
We did salvage some pride by retaining the Croatian Cup.

1597178043_league68.thumb.png.fbd138f862dab8211969aa3b18739ca9.png   519178250_choke68.thumb.png.860eabc2896d9af9125795a37b70cd0f.png

1398763330_comps68.thumb.png.4463ec427062b146375f21969045357f.png

Some brilliant stats from the team but overshadowed by poor numbers in the final ten or so games.

1448008383_squad68.thumb.png.c6f6571732b6ac7b63ce7e3cb3d05615.png

Youth intake

349640672_YOUTH68.thumb.png.2cbc7560970f06c35bcccfdb480b2f72.png

Our youth team retained UEFA Youth League again.

548076086_YC68.thumb.png.35c18c3b60af5be398ba076e05255789.png

Transfers.

175898955_transfer68.thumb.png.ba7f7a7ecb0a314cd9db36edcbccd2cb.png

822328252_stats68.thumb.png.b86c36a8662da8ef980b4652081fbc6e.png

My assistant just got poached by another club, so I went out to search for a new one, and I found one.

pTbmCrv.png

So he is a really talented assistant. He is a Model Citizen, high determination, decent judging and good at working with youngsters. One thing you might notice though, is that he is quite young. Well, he is 18, in fact, and just retired as a youth player. Still, I'm taking my chances on him, and I really hope he can be a good assistant for me for a long long while.

XaW - Putnok FC - 2021/22

Putnok_VSE_logo.png

After the surprise promotion last season, I only hoped to stay up this season. And stay up we did. Now, we did lose quite bad to a few of the best teams, like Ferencváros and Videoton. But for the most part we had a chance to get something out of most games. A few of the youngsters from last season are now integrated into the main team, and as we improved the facilities the intake was also quite helpful this season around. In the end we finished solid mid-table, and I'm very happy with how things are going.

In the Magyar Kupa we beat Jánossomorja, Hatvan, Lombard Pápa Termál, Videoton and Budapest Honvéd before losing to Újpest in the semi final.

With the improvements we got the youth intake we had this season were better than last season. The most talented one was a random Chinese left winger, Hong Jun 22a. Being lightning quick and good crossing, I think he'll fit in nicely. Bence Kovács 22b is a talented central defender, while Bálint Szabó 22c is a good right winger. The youngsters from last season helped out a lot and Attila Herédi 21a especially did very well. Gábor Ficsór 21b also played quite a lot, but didn't impress as much. Other than that I'm still mostly relying on the existing squad.

The U19s still only plays friendlies.

Season    | League               | Pos   | Cup        | Europe      | Notes
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2020/21   | Nemzeti Bajnokság II | 1st   | 4th rnd    | N/A         | Promoted as champions
2021/22   | OTP Bank Liga        | 6th   | Semi final | N/A         | Mid-table

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22   | Adequate     | Average       | Below Average  | Below Average

Most apps                   |  Attila Herédi 21a - 45 apps
Most goals                  |  Attila Herédi 21a - 8 goals
Most goals in a match       |  Attila Herédi 21a - 2 goals
Highest av rating           |  Attila Herédi 21a - 6.84 (38 apps)
Youngest player             |  Attila Herédi 21a - 16 years 272 days
Youngest goalscorer         |  Attila Herédi 21a - 16 years 272 days
Oldest player               |  Gábor Ficsór 21b - 18 years 91 days
Oldest goalscorer           |  Gábor Ficsór 21b - 18 years 91 days

Youth Intake 2022
86c31f742b7b0dad83ac5eae68b617cd.png

(03-A)Johan Osmanovic | (03-B)Tim Lundqvist | (03-C)David Samuelsson

I cant complain on this intake really. We get an right from the start really good right back. Even though we already have a good right back in the team this guy will take the spot with his potential and as we play with wingbacks i think we will benefit greatly from his 11 crossing as well! Some of these other guys will start fighting for some places as well like Wallerstedt will be first backup for the left back. For next years intake i would really like to see a good striker showing up as that is what i have felt missing all seasons, an reliable scorer upfront

Absolute joke to the end of the season

Got to bed last night 5 points clear with 6 games to go

Turn on this morning and win one of the 6 games

Last game against Leyton Orient need to win to get automatic and conceded in the 91st minute to draw 2-2

Obviously get battered in play offs

20200518101040_1.thumb.jpg.007320949c2994503fc730ceeb6fbd5f.jpg20200518100054_1.thumb.jpg.cdf35f7cb803800e8b7fbec29925fcb8.jpg20200518100109_1.thumb.jpg.6bf5523c29728999ee0023ec57021b7c.jpg

East_Kilbride_F.C._crest.png.44ad274b6e26944b6f1713e450f3d829.png

End of season 2030/2031

What a terrific season! Although we still lose more matches then we win, we managed finish 5th and qualify for Europe!!! I can't tell how happy I am with this. This is only our second season in the Premiership and we already qualified for Europe. It's the Conference League, but still.

SkJEl9v.png
rJfmfP2.png

This was mainly because a change in tactics. I decided to play with 3 strikers. One of them, my biggest talent Kenny Black 28c, had the season of his life.
0A7eSXF.png

He scored 32 goals in 42(1) matches, which is incredible.  At the end of the season he earned a lot of awards:
DFIxNzr.png
66hlOaE.png
I9i66q6.png
qyWIsuv.png
11Hk9yu.png
ZLbvg2O.png

What a season for him!!! Unfortunatly I don't think he will play for our side next season. A lot of clubs are interested.  He's got a release clausule in his contract of 3.6M and 2 clubs are willing to pay that: Celtic and Crystal Palace. I try to give him a new contract, but I think he will leave us. But 3,6 million is a lot of money for us.

Youth intake
The preview was very hopefull:
txUv5FQ.png
The actual intake was a good one:
wVH6BYn.png
Best players of this intake are:

2Ki2wBb.png
oV4MJgs.png
I think that Stevenson 31a is a great talent and I think I can use him rightaway.

We finally had a board takeover, after years of speculations.

dEqHY4o.png
The new Chairman cleared all of our debts and paid our outstanding loans. He invested quite a lot of money in our club. Just before he arrived, we had a negative balance of appr. 1 million euro. After the takeover we had almost the same amount positive balance. I asked him for some upgrades as well:
gpznRvQ.png
ixHnojL.png
pvDO7aF.png

So yeah, finally an upgrade for our training facilities!! I think this will be the first upgrade of those facilities. And our stadium is growing and growing. It's still a very tiny stadium. But we started with a capacity of only 400.

Our youth team is doing very well! For the second time in a row they became Champions of their division!
N246atR.png

And last but not least: this message came during the season.
0fDOEuE.png
So this is the first acadamy-player who's capped for Scotland!! A very special moment.

So it's easy to say that things are going very well at the moment and I can't wait to play my first European game with Kilbride.

Arkonia Szczecin 2022/23

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSBQR9E4PU5z0i4H3jetOM

Squad - League - Transfers - Facilities - FinancesIntake

Fighting in lower leagues without being able to make professional contracts is pain in the ass. All who tryied it in such leagues know that every half of season where the transfer markt is on you pray for not losing your key players. In this season I think I will cry and challenge in lower polish leagues will end. In the whole season we lost a lot of players directly key players. I think that there is no chance to survive this... even so if I wil... l I will lose players again. BUT somehowe we manage to survive at second place to new intake and then 3 rounds to the end we manage to secure first place in league and archive promotion to III league :) Last 3 matches were just giving other players some minutes. Ofc III league main target is survive as long we can and hope on day we turn professional (when chairman decide to sell the club). I think there is no chance with this player to get promotion to league II where we need to turn professional anyway. From intake we got 3 decent players (I mean anyplayer at situation I had is got xd). Fijalowski 03a decent playing ball DC or DL, Skrob 03b second DC with great personality and second GK Witkowski 03c. So I have like 4 players to work around but ofc for II league mby 2-3 of them are good enough to hold. If I don't lose some of them mby I will manage my goals for next season :) Next season title is HOLD the players and survive.

Season    |  League           | Pos  |   Europe  |     Notes
2020/21   | Liga Okręgowa     |  1st |   n/a     | Winners
2021/22   | IV League         |  2nd |   n/a     | Top 4
2021/22   | IV League         |  1st |   n/a     | Winners

31 minutes ago, Padders said:

Do I take over a new promoted team when I get sacked? Is that in the rules?

Same manager profile?

Yeah, but I think the rules state that the team cannot have been playable thus far in your save. Could be hard for you seeing you have played so far into the future.

Are you getting the sack, btw? Would hope they have more patience with a legendary manager.

55 minutes ago, XaW said:

Yeah, but I think the rules state that the team cannot have been playable thus far in your save. Could be hard for you seeing you have played so far into the future.

Are you getting the sack, btw? Would hope they have more patience with a legendary manager.

I am very close again

Correctly sitting 14th in Championship and job is very insecure (E) :(:(

2 hours ago, Padders said:

Do I take over a new promoted team when I get sacked? Is that in the rules?

Same manager profile?

I dont know if it has changed but first page with rules has "If you are sacked, sorry, you have to start again."      

But maybe an exception can be made for such a long save file

Has anyone ever completed this challenge with a non elite league team? Winning the Champions League with a team from Serbia or Ireland feels like it would be almost impossible, I suppose that's the appeal for some though!

logo.png.50c3e5a88bc14402453d70123a0deffa.png

Scarborough AthleticSeason 17 (2036/37)

English Premier League

League: More of the same, really. We’re stagnating but at least we’re not regressing. A good run in the autumn saw us rise up into the Champions League places, but our form gradually deteriorated until a 4-0 home defeat to champions Man City on the final day consigned us, once again, to a 7th placed finish. This year, however, this qualified us for the Euro Conference, to which I’m looking forward to. The less said about the cups the better.

xG4a4kW.png  paFRuKU.png

Players: Much of the old guard that’s been with us since Vanarama National is on the way out. We have some promising youngsters in Nick Harmon 13b (ST/AML) – the pick of the bunch, finishing EPL top scorer with 23 league goals – Michael Edwards 13a (DC/DM/MC/AMC) – back to a center mid spot now that I have a few center backs coming through – and the aptly named Scotcsman Scott Jamieson 14a (GK), who is edging out experienced Neil Smith 06a in goal. There’s not much depth beyond these youngsters though, so the squad is getting quite thin. Guess I’ll just try to maintain stability over the next couple of seasons while more players develop.

YHIbP4w.png  nZOy4Zk.png  5lrvtLV.png

Youth intake: Decent again, with Harry Steele 17a (DM/MC), Terry Stancliffe 17b (DRLC) and Aidan Allan 17c (M/AMR/ST) all looking like they could do a job for us a few years down the line. Bit more depth than last year which is what I was looking for. Some good personalities too - following @XaW's lead I tried to get as many Model Citizen coaches as I could and maybe it's paying off.

S3Z0izP.png  HfVtqHS.png  HM6Do4c.png  XNhD1J1.png

Facilities: Training & youth facilities and coaching now maxed out

Transfers: not much but another player who’s been with us since Vanarama National – Albert Piernas 04e (DRLC) is on the way out after 391 league appearances in 12 years.

Season    |  League        | Pos. |   Europe   |     Notes
2020/21   | Vanarama North |  7   |   n/a      | Lost in playoff semi final. FA cup first round
2021/22   | Vanarama North |  2   |   n/a      | Promotion through playoffs 
2022/23   | Vanarama Nat.  |  16  |   n/a      |
2023/24   | Vanarama Nat.  |  8   |   n/a      |
2024/25   | Vanarama Nat.  |  3   |   n/a      | Lost in playoff semi final
2025/26   | Vanarama Nat.  |  6   |   n/a      | Lost in playof final. FA cup 4th round
2026/27   | Vanarama Nat.  |  1   |   n/a      | Promotion
2027/28   | League 2       |  3   |   n/a      | Promotion
2028/29   | League 1       |  5   |   n/a      | Promotion through playoffs
2029/30   | Championship   |  5   |   n/a      | Lost in playoff final, in extra time
2030/31   | Championship   |  4   |   n/a      | Lost in playoff final
2031/32   | Championship   |  1   |   n/a      | Promoted. League cup semi.
2032/33   | Premiership    |  6   |   n/a      | Qualified for Europa League
2033/34   | Premiership    |  8   | Europa Q/F |
2034/35   | Premiership    |  6   |   n/a      |
2035/36   | Premiership    |  7   | Europa Q/F |
2036/37   | Premiership    |  7   |   n/a      | Qualified for Europa Conference

Season    |  Coaching     |  Recruitment      | Training Fac.  | Youth Fac.      |  Stadium
2020/21   |  Adequate     |  Fairly Basic     | Below average  |  Basic          |  3208
2021/22   |  Excellent    |  Average          | Below average  |  Basic          |  3208
2022/23   |  Excellent    |  Average          | Below average  |  Below average  |  4000
2023/24   |  Excellent    |  Average          | Below average  |  Below average  |  4000
2024/25   |  Excellent    |  Average          | Below average  |  Below average  |  4000
2025/26   |  Excellent    |  Good             | Below average  |  Adequate       |  4000
2026/27   |  Exceptional  |  Good             | Adequate       |  Adequate       |  4000
2027/28   |  Exceptional  |  Good             | Adequate       |  Below average  |  5500
2028/29   |  Exceptional  |  Good             | Adequate       |  Adequate       |  5500
2029/30   |  Exceptional  |  Good             | Adequate       |  Adequate       |  5500
2030/31   |  Exceptional  |  Excellent        | Average        |  Average        |  8250
2031/32   |  Exceptional  |  Exceptional      | Good           |  Good           |  8250
2032/33   |  Exceptional  |  Exceptional      | Good           |  Good           |  leasing Hull's ground
2033/34   |  Exceptional  |  Exceptional      | Great          |  Great          |  17323
2034/35   |  Exceptional  |  Exceptional      | Excellent      |  Excellent      |  leasing Boro's ground
2035/36   |  Exceptional  |  Exceptional      | Superb         |  Superb         |  35099
2036/37   |  Exceptional  |  Exceptional      | State of Art   |  State of Art   |  35099

@Padders Hope you hang in there!!

FC_United_of_Manchester_crest_svg.png.a126123e9f6c365439f10125625c60af.png

Season 2027/28 Review

League | FA Cup | League Cup | EFL Trophy | Transfers | Finances | Squad

A very up and down season really. Ended with more points than last season but finished 3 spots lower. Mainly due to our slow start, we won 3 of our first 4 games then only 2 of our next 12 and were 16th at the start of November. At this point was when I had a change in how I play people. Usually I tend to introduce youngsters slowly so as not to burn them out by them playing too many games too soon. Plus I tend to be very loyal to players that do well for me. An example of this was I was still playing a player because of his great season in the national league north 4 years ago! So I took a break looked at the most highly rated young players we had, looked at who my coaches thought were ready for first team football and threw them in. As a result we often had 4 or 5 17/18 year olds in the side as we finally stopped playing the players that were here when I took over. We're now a full academy made squad. 

This idea worked pretty well as we found some form and slowly, too slowly, moved up the table. In the end we needed to be Rochdale at home on the last day and hope other results went our way, as usual we dominated and lead but in the 85th minute switched off and let them score. It ended 1-1 and we missed out on the playoffs on GD. I'm way more optimistic at the end of this season than last despite the lower finish. We sold Stephen Williams 27A in Jan. We turned down 400k for him in the summer and he got upset, we had him tied up for 4 seasons so I wasn't planning on losing him, I finally gave him a chance in the side over Christmas and we got 1 goal and 1 assist from his 4 games before half the championship started bidding for him. I manged to get a deal for 475K then and another 500k over next 2 seasons as well as 50% of any future sale. Nearly 1m is too much for us to turn down sadly. I fear Paul Morton 27B will be gone this summer, too good for this league and has a 350K release clause (only way I could get him to sign a pro deal) and also has half the championship after him.

In the cups we had another good run, this time to the 3rd round where it took a replay and pens for top of league one Sunderland to beat us. In the others we lost at first hurdle again and have now lost 9 straight in the EFL Trophy to set a new record

Youth Intake - not quite the "golden generation" we were promised :rolleyes: but not too bad. Some slightly worrying personalities though

Chris Martin 28A - not the Coldplay singer but a nice looking keeper. Looks better than my first choice already 
Alan Beattie 28B - an OK looking forward
Paul Brown 28C - another winger, needs work on his mental side though
Jim Woolfe 28D - defender, again nice physicals but needs work elsewhere

Career Progress

Season		League		Position	Junior Coaching		Youth Recruitment 	Notes
2020/21		VNLS		8th 		Adequate		Fairly Basic
2021/22		NVLS		3rd 		Good			Average			Recruitment and coaching upgrades Lost playoff semi finals	
2022/23		NVLS		14th 		Good			Adequate		Youth Recruitment upgrade, started first coaching badge
2023/24		VNLS		7th 		Excellent		Good			Got first coaching badge. Promotion via playoffs
2024/25		VNL		5th 		Excellent		Good			Won promotion via playoffs. Got Youth facility upgrade
2025/26		League 2	14th 		Excellent		Good
2026/27		League 2	5th 		Excellent		Good			Lost in playoffs semi finals
2027/28		League 2	8th 		Excellent		Good			Finally got 2nd coaching badge

421954998_GosportBadge.png.cef6a2b451ad1f6fa724707086107e42.png

Season 2029/30 | Sky Bet Championship | 7th

Season Preiew | League Table | Competition Review | Squad | Facilities | Finances | Transfers

League Performance:

A superb first season in the Championship as we found ourselves just outside the play-off positions. It was a fairly up and down season as we started well, and were constantly in the top 10 from September until the new year when we hit a rough bit of form. However from the end of February until the end of the season we won 8 out of 11 which saw us rise up to 7th and fall just short of a play off place. One of the more promising aspects of the season was that we were always competitive and only took a couple of beatings along the way, even finishing with a positive goal difference. A pre-season of little disruption definitely helped with this I feel as we only lost backup right winger Stephen Deakin for £500k, and had no unhappy players through the season.

Cup Performance:

Once again nothing to talk about on the cup front. We were knocked out of the FA Cup by Wolves in the third round, and in the League Cup it was a second round exit to Reading.

Players:

David McKernon YP28c: The deep lying playmaker has become the best player at the club. Finished the season with a 7.2 rating, and now has the entire lower half of the Premier League chasing him

Ronnie Hudson: A fantastic contributing of 14 assists and 8 goals from the left wing

James Bird YP27b: Another productive season for the right winger who grabbed himself 8 goals and 9 assists in the Championship

Finances & Facilities:

Our coaching & recruitment are now fully maxed out, and the board have agreed to increase the youth level to level 3 by the end of next season. The training facilities have had an agreed upgrade also which is nice. Unless we get promoted we will probably need to sell one or two players per season to break even through the season.

Youth Intake:

Our worst for a few years sadly:

962139532_GosportBorough_YouthCandidates.thumb.png.98dba8092d4891447ea4d09f5593ea04.png

Adam Taylor YP30a: A fullback who could be retrained and CB. Perfectionist mentality which is nice, could develop into a useful player

Duncan Smith YP30b: Centre back with good mental stats. Needs to work on his quickness to be anywhere near the first team

Michael Murphy YP30c: Another centre back. His 1 determination will desperately needs sorting out however

Next Season:

More consolidation. Clubs are starting to look at our better players so we'll likely have a fight to keep the best of them. As long as we stay in the Championship I'll be happy as even survival is us punching well above our weight.

Career Summary:

No change on the youth records. Michael Bohrer extends his goalscoring record as he approaches 100 goals for the club and only needs another 20 appearances or so to become the most capped player also

Capture.thumb.PNG.f1cbc4c0ad5e9b7e278c6bd963a1d950.PNG

XaW - Putnok FC - 2022/23

Putnok_VSE_logo.png

We survived last season, and I don't expect the goal to change for a few seasons. This was a much harder season than the first one, but I guess I'm not the first to experience it. I tried to implement a few more youngsters this season with very various luck. Still, we narrowly avoided relegation, and that's all I can ask for at the moment. I'm still increasing the academy training and youth recruitment every chance I get, but my board is very frugal, so it's not happening as often as I'd like. We also make some improvements to the facilities every once in a while, so I hope we are slowly improving.

Edit: Oh, and we are building a new stadium. Yay, I guess?

10KXuos.png

In the Magyar Kupa we beat Budakalász, Dabas-Gyón and ESMTK before losing to MTK Budapest in the 4th round.

The youth intake this season was much better than we've had so far, so it seems the improvements are helping. Dominik Bokros 23a is close to being the best striker in the squad, so I think he'll see a lot of football next season. Viktor Németh 23b is also a great talent, but I think he could do more for us in an attacking midfield role, rather than as a striker, so I'm retraining him. For our other players, Attila the Hun 21a had a good season and are progressing very well. Bálint Szabó 22c are slowly being rotated into the side since our first choice right winger is getting a bit on the older side. Gábor Ficsór 21b have had quite a surprising improvement this season, I had thought his fickle personality would hinder him, but it seems he is becoming good after all.

The U19s still only plays friendlies.

Season    | League               |  Pos   | Cup        | Europe      | Notes
2020/21   | Nemzeti Bajnokság II |  1st   | 4th rnd    | N/A         | Promoted as champions
2021/22   | OTP Bank Liga        |  6th   | Semi final | N/A         | Mid-table
2022/23   | OTP Bank Liga        | 10th   | 4th rnd    | N/A         | Avoided relegation

2022/23   | Good         | Adequate      | Adequate       | Adequate

Most apps                   |  Attila the Hun 21a - 80 apps
Most goals                  |  Attila the Hun 21a - 14 goals
Most goals in a match       |  Attila the Hun 21a - 2 goals
Highest av rating           |  Attila the Hun 21a - 7.01 (35 apps)
Youngest player             |  Pál Lőrincz 23e - 16 years 136 days
Youngest goalscorer         |  Attila the Hun 21a - 16 years 272 days
Oldest player               |  Gábor Ficsór 21b - 19 years 90 days
Oldest goalscorer           |  Gábor Ficsór 21b - 19 years 83 days
Edited by XaW

13 hours ago, DazRTaylor said:

After a weeks hiatus after relegation from the Premier League, I may crack on with FC United, back in the Championship.  One thing this challenge definitely does, is make you very attached to some players.

Definitely does

gosport.thumb.jpg.e02fee3409d23bd4736f5bfa95f2c5f0.jpg

Season 2022/23 | Vanorama south | 20th

What a crazy yoyo season - still struggling to find stability with my young squad. Even that we managed to get 51 points - we were still in relegation danger until the last round. I think we are on the right path - as players develop and get more experience.

FA cup ended with a home lose in the 5th qualifying round to Maidenhead

FA TRophy ended again this year with a loss to Tonbridge - this time in 4th round

Financial we managed to make a small profit of 20.000 Euro this season - we will build on this and let all old players except our goalie leave and our goal for next season will be to qualify for 3rd round in FA cup to get some profits. I hope we can get into the promotion race - we need to find appx. 20 points to reach the play offs.

Player of the season was young Robbie Ellis that managed to score 21 goals in all competitions.

I decided to control all training myself and have added a lot of quick training as we in general have to slow players.

Youth intake looked fine with good 5-star potential players - even a Brazilian kid.

20200519115622_1.jpg

20200518215922_1.jpg

20200518215911_1.jpg

20200518215908_1.jpg

20200518215726_1.jpg

20200518215132_1.jpg

20200518175158_1.jpg

20200517203846_1.jpg

20200517200928_1.jpg

20200517182142_1.jpg

20200519150015_1.jpg

Edited by ravenation

Hitchin 2033/2034 season:

image.thumb.png.816e38a61c86a67bae6178eeba358190.png 

Pretty poor season throughout, finally strung a half decent run at the end once I switched to a flat back 5 which I think will be the way forward from now on.

image.thumb.png.0e455c1bc36bfd03f43b9223dcc92f18.pngimage.thumb.png.883e5d7e90687cb16e75a4a019be4fd5.png

image.thumb.png.d508541dcb8a6fe0bfb1fdf9f27d0fb5.png

First team:

Best positions (first image) - Current formation score (second image)

image.thumb.png.c264646aa3b346ce3010d508a649a169.png - image.thumb.png.613b2173a6c9b17867229135804c2939.png

This is based on the 4-3-2-1 formation, think with such poor defence it was the right call to change.

Youth Intake 2023:

1949616292_intakepredictions.thumb.JPG.3206b7be9ffe43a5ff091e3c271a8080.JPG1827467606_intakeemail.thumb.JPG.c0d1f574f17aac382150a885c784a29c.JPGimage.thumb.png.14b8de42ced0faacd1e09024ee59a537.png

Despite what the email says, I thought the intake was very poor (bar 2 players) and so only took 4 on. 

Transfers:

image.thumb.png.17b0e4fb0480bbf703a23b56598b5981.png

First choice keeper left on deadline day. Didn't have much choice about it but have a far greater keeper potentially in between the sticks.

Other news:

The board had to inject an extra £425k to keep afloat this season. I expect a fire sale of the best of the team over the summer :(

Edited by Chileris

Season Review 2021
League | Facilities | Transfers | Finance

A season where we went in really as underdogs as you can see from what we spend on salary vs the rest with Gais spending 20x more than us on salaries. But early on we could see that we were not about to be part of any relegation battle we were here to fight for promotion instead! not losing our first game until the 9th match day with 6 wins and 2 draws before that! from the third matchday forward we were as worst placed 4th and that was right before the last fixture of the season. We had 3 points up to second and 3 worse in goal difference than Värnamo and same points and same GD as Ängelholm so we needed to win big and Värnamo needed to loose. I didnt think we had a chance since we had problems winning big in games usually at most by 2 goals. But something was with the guys this last matchday and we trashed already relegated Motala with 6-0, Citaku which had only managed 4 goals the whole season scored 4(!) this game and doubled his tally and Värnamo lost 1-0 so we ended up 2nd which meant playoff against Öster the best local team where i live in a city with around 100k people. I didnt think we would standa chance as they have a much better and experienced team than us. We started of at home which i felt is good as it could give us a shot at winning and then parking it away. Öster played slighlty better than us but worse than expected and we managed to take advantage of set pieces and actually won 2-0 which felt like a miracle and perfect since our strength is always that we concede few goals. They turned up much better for their home game in Växjö and they got first a penalty which meant 1-0 and then their second first seconds of second half. I then thought they would win this as we didnt create much. But we then went on to play positive as we usually do at home and in the 76th minute our player got tripped in the box and we had a penalty! Strid kept calm and put in 1-2 and they now needed 2 to go through because of away goals. Nothing more really happend and we are in the Superettan (tier 2) next season! I think its to early for us to be there but the rep and the money is well needed! will be a nice challenge!

Academy player wise i decided to give my keeper that got half of last season the full responsibility this year and 12 clean sheet and 23 conceded is a good thanks for the trust! From last years intake we gave two players the chance in the starting eleven a CD and an CDM both of them putting in valuable efforts! so now with the last intake where one new guy takes place in the starting eleven we now have 6 academy players there

Transfer wise we only let one guy that was an reserve leave

Finances going worse and we are around thee 0 mark but hopefully some tv money from tier 2 will help it.

Facilities nothing happened as the economy needs to get better first

Top Scorer: Gustaf Strid 14 goals 29(0) Games

Most Assists: Carl Appelquist 8 assists 28(0) Games

Best Average: Gustaf Strid 14 Goals 5 Assists 29(0) Games 7.36 Avg

Best Prospect: (02-A)Per Rödin 2 Goals 0 Assists 17(1) Games 7.10 Avg

Most Promising: (03-A)Johan Osmanovic 0 Goals 3 Assists 6(0) Games 6.9 Avg

7187baf9b5363c252094236958ed675c.png

XaW - Putnok FC - 2023/24

Putnok_VSE_logo.png

So, another season flew by, and more and more youngster are now part of the main squad. I'm still in the works of phasing out all the original players, but at this rate there won't be many left in a few years time. The season went well, and better than last. We were never in any real danger of getting relegated, but we are still far off the upper half of the table. The league have settled quite now, and it's become clear that 3 teams are better than the rest, Videoton, Újpest and Ferencváros are the three teams fighting for the title, while behind them three other teams fight for European spots. Debrecen, Budapest Honvéd and Puskás Akadémia are the those. And behind there, we are now part of the next group along Zalaegerszegi and Diósgyőr. Below there are the teams battling to avoid relegation and go up and down. At least that's how it is now. This season went well, and we finished in a very decent 7th place.

In the Magyar Kupa we beat Oroszlány before losing to Kisvárda in the 2nd round.

This youth intake was simply stunning! The improvements are really paying off now, and I could mention pretty much anyone, but the two I've picked out are Norbert Tarnóczi 24b, an amazing right back talent, and Csaba Benedek 24h, a talented centre back with a great attitude. Attila the Hun 21a had another good season for us and assisted quite a lot. Dominik Bokros 23a had a good season as our main striker, but needs to score more goals for us in the future. 

The U19s still only plays friendlies and I don't know of any way of getting them into the youth league...

2020/21   | Nemzeti Bajnokság II |  1st   | 4th rnd    | N/A         | Promoted as champions
2021/22   | OTP Bank Liga        |  6th   | Semi final | N/A         | Mid-table
2022/23   | OTP Bank Liga        | 10th   | 4th rnd    | N/A         | Avoided relegation
2023/24   | OTP Bank Liga        |  7th   | 2nd rnd    | N/A         | Mid-table

2023/24   | Excellent    | Adequate      | Average        | Adequate

Most apps                   |  Attila the Hun 21a - 113 apps
Most goals                  |  Gábor Ficsór 21b - 19 goals
Most goals in a match       |  Attila the Hun 21a - 2 goals
Highest av rating           |  Attila the Hun 21a - 7.06 (33 apps)
Oldest player               |  Gábor Ficsór 21b - 20 years 96 days
Oldest goalscorer           |  Gábor Ficsór 21b - 20 years 82 days

XaW - Putnok FC - 2024/25

Putnok_VSE_logo.png

This season were much better than the last few. For the first time relegation was totally out of the picture, and we could look more up than down. I did some tactical tweaks this season and they seem to be working better. Granted we conceded a few more, but we scored more as well. And with the youngsters getting older and more experienced, in addition to good additions from the intakes we look stronger for each season. This time we ended on a record high 5th place, not far off the European spots.

In the Magyar Kupa we beat ESMTK, Masonmagyaróvár, Szekszárd, Jászberény and Budapest Honvéd before losing to Ferencvarós in the semi final.

We had a great youth intake this season with lots of good talents coming through. András Kelemen 25a is a real talent in defence, while Tamás Mattyasovszky 25e could become our goalkeeper soon enough. For the established first teamers though, Attila the Hun 21a had an amazing season, getting 18 assists in the process. Zsolt Fellai 24e also had a real breakthrough this season. The same for Norbert Tarnóczi 24b on the right back.

The U19s keep on playing friendlies.

2023/24   | OTP Bank Liga        |  7th   | 2nd rnd    | N/A         | Mid-table
2024/25   | OTP Bank Liga        |  5th   | Semi final | N/A         | Just off European spots

2023/24   | Excellent    | Adequate      | Average        | Adequate
2024/25   | Excellent    | Adequate      | Average        | Adequate

Most apps                   |  Attila the Hun 21a - 152 apps
Most goals                  |  Gábor Ficsór 21b - 26 goals
Biggest sale                |  Áron Bacsa 22e - £23.5k to Kazincbarcika
Most goals in a match       |  Gábor Ficsór 21b - 3 goals
Highest av rating           |  Attila the Hun 21a - 7.24 (39 apps)
Oldest player               |  Gábor Ficsór 21b - 21 years 95 days
Oldest goalscorer           |  Gábor Ficsór 21b - 21 years 81 days
Edited by XaW

FC DNEPR MOGILEV / SEASON 1 / TABLE | TRANSFERS | FINANCES

image.thumb.png.16de388a81bf867b1cbafb463c6235cf.png

Main aim was simply to survive; which we did by playing on the defensive for 90% of the games. The youth intake was a means of beefing up a very meagre squad (15 players), and we got this guy come through. I imagine he won't last too long before being snapped up by a bigger team. Highlight of the season was being beaten by BATE Borisov 7-0 at home, in the cup.

1895481573_FCDneprMogilev_YouthCandidates-2.thumb.png.0821e7bb3e11ea530f40fe45215b179d.png

EDIT: There's already been a development...

Spoiler

Didn't even play a game for us, and the board are accepting offers on my behalf. I have no strikers for this season!

Edited by collindinho
To add a spoiler...