• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

XaW - Putnok FC - 2032/33

Putnok_VSE_logo.png

Table | Squad | Transfers | Finances

Two title wins in a row, and I wanted to make it three. But, there were a new contender present. Or not a new contender, but rather a new manager at an old contender. Ferencváros had gotten another new great manager. And just to list a few of the ones they have had; Pep Guardiola, Didier Deschamps, Nuno Espírito Santo and Fernando Diniz. Now they had a new one, good old Unai Emery! He just left the Valencia job he had for 10 seasons to compete against me in Hungary. So the league was a two horse race throughout. We both left the rest of league behind early on, and fought back and forth for the entire season. In the end we lost out when we lost 1-0 away to Videoton in the penultimate game. We could have won it in the final match, but that had meant Ferencváros had to lose at home to Zalaegerszegi TE while we beat Diósgyőr and shifting a 5 goal difference in our favour. We did what we could by winning 4-0, but Ferencváros won their own game to clinch the title. A bit disappointing for us, really, but a good season by them as well.

In the Magyar Kupa we beat Kiskunhalas, Paksi FC and Vác before getting knocked out on away goal to Újpest after I took the win for granted with a 4-1 win at home and fielded a lot of youngsters in the rematch.

In Champions League we started in the 3rd qualifying round against Viktoria Plzeň of Czechia who we comfortably beat. In the playoff we turned it around against Israeli Maccabi Tel Aviv after losing the first match away, and got into the group stage.

There we had another very tough draw when we faced Barcelona of Spain (again), Manchester City of England (again) and Napoli of Italy. We did excellent and drew both matches against City, beat Napoli at home and drew away and even drew Barcelona at home and lost away. That meant we actually finished 2nd in the group!

In the 1st knockout round we had another tough draw as we got another English side in Liverpool. They beat us in both legs and knocked us out, but at least we showed we can do something in this tournament!

Even with a lot of European matches played, we didn't travel to any new countries this time around, so the map stays the same.

8srQTAI.png

The youth preview this season left me a bit apprehensive since it's one of the first I've had that not have included the "golden generation" in many season. The youth intake itself were not as bad as I feared though, and we got in one really talented player in Botond Molnár 33a. Some great stats and a personality to match, I think he could become very useful. The team itself didn't as well as last season, but we still had some great performances. Petér Földi 31d has taken some great steps to show himself as our main striker, and Chen Zhiyuan 31b is now my first choice left back. András Kelemen 25a is still the rock in the defence, ahead of our goalkeeper, Attila the Goalkeeper 31a, who scored a mind numbing 13 goals this season.

The 2nd team only played friendlies.

The U19s still don't play in any league system, but they competed in the UEFA Youth League again this season. This time they lost all their matches and ended dead last in their group.

Season    | League               |  Pos   | Cup        | Europe      | Notes
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2020/21   | Nemzeti Bajnokság II |  1st   | 4th round  | N/A         | Promoted as champions
2021/22   | OTP Bank Liga        |  6th   | Semi final | N/A         | Mid-table
2022/23   | OTP Bank Liga        | 10th   | 4th round  | N/A         | Avoided relegation
2023/24   | OTP Bank Liga        |  7th   | 2nd round  | N/A         | Mid-table
2024/25   | OTP Bank Liga        |  5th   | Semi final | N/A         | Just off European spots
2025/26   | OTP Bank Liga        |  7th   | Semi final | N/A         | Mid-table
2026/27   | OTP Bank Liga        |  3rd   | 3rd round  | N/A         | Qualified for Europe
2027/28   | OTP Bank Liga        |  3rd   | Winner!    | EC 4th q    | Won the cup
2028/29   | OTP Bank Liga        |  2nd   | Winner!    | EC 2nd KO   | Won the cup, qualified for CL
2029/30   | OTP Bank Liga        |  2nd   | Runner-up  | EC 2nd KO   | Qualified for CL, good European run
2030/31   | OTP Bank Liga        |  1st   | Winner!    | CL Group    | Domestic double, CL group stage
2031/32   | OTP Bank Liga        |  1st   | Winner!    | CL Group    | Domestic double, CL group stage
2032/33   | OTP Bank Liga        |  2nd   | 4th round  | CL 1st KO   | Knockout stages in CL

Season    | Coaching     | Recruitment   | Training Fac   | Youth Fac
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2020/21   | Adequate     | Average       | Basic          | Below Average
2021/22   | Adequate     | Average       | Below Average  | Below Average
2022/23   | Good         | Adequate      | Adequate       | Adequate
2023/24   | Excellent    | Adequate      | Average        | Adequate
2024/25   | Excellent    | Adequate      | Average        | Adequate
2025/26   | Excellent    | Adequate      | Average        | Adequate
2026/27   | Excellent    | Good          | Average        | Adequate
2027/28   | Excellent    | Good          | Average        | Adequate
2028/29   | Exceptional  | Excellent     | Average        | Below Average
2029/30   | Exceptional  | Exceptional   | Good           | Adequate
2030/31   | Exceptional  | Exceptional   | Great          | Average
2031/32   | Exceptional  | Exceptional   | Excellent      | Good
2032/33   | Exceptional  | Exceptional   | Superb         | Great

Player statistics (youth only)
Most apps                   |  Viktor Németh 23b - 423 apps
Most goals                  |  Viktor Németh 23b - 161 goals
Biggest sale                |  Csaba Szilágyi 25d - £21.5m to Shenzhen (China)
Most international apps     |  Csaba Szilágyi 25d - 35 caps for Hungary
Most international goals    |  Ádám Pintér 29b - 5 goals for Hungary
Most goals in a match       |  Viktor Németh 23b - 5 goals
Highest av rating           |  Ádám Pintér 29b - 7.56 (37 apps)
Youngest player             |  Botond Molnár 33a - 16 years 119 days
Youngest goalscorer         |  Attila the Goalkeeper 31a - 16 years 147 days
Oldest player               |  Viktor Németh 23b - 26 years 352 days
Oldest goalscorer           |  Viktor Németh 23b - 26 years 352 days

10 hours ago, thomas_e said:

Really enjoy reading your updates @dkouv

What a legend Russell Jebbison has been for you! 

Thanks! Also enjoy reading yours, and looks like you're getting closer, too ;) I had a weak moment and tried to get Jebbison to reconsider retirement even though he's nowhere near good enough even to be a backup. Thankfully he refused and spared me any selection dilemmas for next season

Hey guys, I'm joining the challenge today.
I've been reading through this thread from the beginning & it will continue to provide the motivation I need to get to that first youth intake day!
I'm only up to page 11 so will be hiding from all of your current updates until I've caught up to avoid spoilers! 

Manager Profile
042ede52eb5854d500e4ff799d2958ac.png

Hopefully we can continue the gradual upward trajectory through the leagues.

4b3a6537e6f9749e6bcfab4688a3d8e3.png

Facilities are terrible, as expected.

d436dc819582325b725032940aa422a5.png

We have a healthy initial squad, but with a bid in already for our best player & the uncertainty of non-contracts it'll be interesting to see who is still around come the first matchday.

0e9b1ecd94746a0af9297fd1c19c0713.png

1 hour ago, dkouv said:

Thanks! Also enjoy reading yours, and looks like you're getting closer, too ;) I had a weak moment and tried to get Jebbison to reconsider retirement even though he's nowhere near good enough even to be a backup. Thankfully he refused and spared me any selection dilemmas for next season

:D

Yes, we are going along quite similar aren't we! Hopefully I can make CL this year too! I envy you your striker Nick Harmon. I don't have a steady goalscorer atm (but a huge talent in the U18), and it's so important! But I have world class CB's, and that's also key to completing this challenge I reckon. Hard to compensate for a terrible defense! 

When I completed the challenge with Real Jean I had what was maybe the best striker in the world up front and that made all the difference! 

Rui Carvalho :< Our captain and star player who's already scored 13 goals now (december) and just made his very first international goals for Cape Verde signed a new deal! We finally get rid of his semi pro deal and offer him a full time contract for the coming 4 and a half years without the minimum release clause he wanted so badly in previous negotiations. So extremely happy about this, he's probably my favourite FM player in ages.

Spoiler

45e36a9d5e59fb5721c464faea25fb7f.png

More importantly, he's in tremendous form this season and really decides the outcome of our games often. He's one of the biggest reasons we're overperforming so far this season:

Spoiler

09cdd994ca8f34d3f73c030969d9c1f7.png

There's no way we are going to keep playing this way, it just can't be with all the quality in this league. However, we're enjoying every bit of it and hoping it will last for a long time!

Vikeologist's Palermo 2040/41 Youth Intake Report

Image result for palermo fc

A so-so intake. I don’t know. I just think I should be getting better players. I know the stars are comparative to the rest of the squad, but it just seems like the big name Italian clubs have better younger players than us, year after year, despite our facilities being at max.

On the other hand, 6 players with just maybe possibly 3 star potential.

20200603131514_1.thumb.jpg.3a04b41cc07d91c7deeefcbb28c01ef1.jpg

Andrea Bava YP21a – A right winger, and tactically he suits my approach. I’ve never found a replacement for my great right winger Luciano Campi. In fact, I still start Campi fairly regularly, even though he’s 33 now and has slowed down from his prime. I just don’t trust my younger wingers to produce consistently. If they don’t get it together in the next couple of years, Bava might find his way in, but he’s not much use yet.

Gero Saccuta YP21b – I have a surfeit of central defenders, and Gero doesn’t seem skillful (or fast enough, or tall enough) to become my guy.

36/37 Intake Appraisal

I enjoy looking back 4 years. Or at least I enjoy it before I actually look back, and am reminded of how bad they usually are.

Mattia Manzoni YP17a – So I’ve had 3 top strikers for a few years now, and everyone stuck behind them, like Manzoni , suffers from a lack of chances. He does get the occasional sub appearance or start in the cup, but he’s not the clear cut number 4. Now I check it’s a grand total of 7 matches for us, and he’s never scored a league goal.

Federico D'Ambrosio YP17b -  Sold for free.

Vincenzo Corrado YP17c – A right winger, and at one time I had high hopes he could be the new Campi. He is our starter now, and he’s doing ok. I need to go all in on him to see if he can be the man. If not, I’ll have to turn to new guy Bava.

Rosario Pappalardo YP17d – One of my 2 backups on the left wing. He seems to have secured the backup slot for the moment. I’d say there’s no chance he’ll ever supplant the starter. He gets quite a few matches, and that’s not a good thing.

Federico Morra YP17e – Still at the club. Not sure why, so he won’t be for very long.

So, it turns out that that intake was useful for squad depth, but no superstars, although I haven’t completely given up on Carrado.

Bear in mind that at the time I dismissed the intake thus, not even bothering to mention any of them by name;

Another horrible intake. Hopefully at this stage it doesn’t matter too much, but once again the preview got my hopes up.

52 minutes ago, collindinho said:

Is that a face-pack for newgens? If so, where can I find something like that for my game? Looks amazing!

Those are PES faces... :D I get those from a database where I randomly search unknown players with custom (fake) faces. https://www.pesmaster.com/

Couldn't play FM without it anymore, got so tired of seeing the same regen face 6 time in my squad lol. 

Fotbolltransfers.com - Officiellt: IK Sleipner lånar Riki Cakic ...

Season Review & Youth Intake 2028

League | Transfers | Facilities | Finance | Youth Intake

Youth intake was another kind of meh CA wise hopefully PA is high! but we got an striker and a LW that fits well into my way of playing so they became moved up into starting eleven and made great appearances towards the end of the season

As i wrote in last years season review that if we keep our pattern up moving up one place per year we should finish in 2nd meaning playoff for promotion and that is exactly what happened! Norrby was a bit to good for us so we got to face of against Sandviken in an playoff match! First game where at our home ground and we only managed a 1-1 where the game itself were very even with them taking the league and our Brazilian/swede Antonio equalizing. I were prepared for an hard game away but we where the better team all game long but we still only won by 1-0 on a penalty by Citaku so we got promoted back to tier 2! Citaku had another great scoring season banging in 16 goals! he is considering retirement and i am trying to talk him into another season as i yet dont have a good replacement for him! Samuelsson had another great year for us making 16(!) assists from the central midfield!

Transfers: As usual the board sold our first striker right before season start so we had a hard first time with scoring before one of our strikers started scoring we then also lost our best CD and our CDM in last day of summer transfer but we kept going good after that which was impressive!

Facilities: Nothing happend here as we cant afford it. Hopefully we can afford it with tier 2 money coming in

Finance: In the reds but i am not to worried as tier 2 will bring in a lot more money! We also have a sell on fee on Roger Karlsson an old youth that we can sell for 500k pound but big teams like Milan and Ajax are chasing him so i hope that 40% sell on fee will give us more than that!

Top Scorer: Gentrit Citaku 16 Goals 32(0) Games Avg 7.18

Most Assists: (03-G)Simon Samuelsson 16 Assists Avg 7.86

Best Average: (03-G)Simon Samuelsson 5 Goals 16 Assists 29(0) Games Avg 7.86

Top Prospect: (09-E)Simon Nyman 2 Goals 3 Assists 5(0) Games Avg 7.52

713d794a62490bf40fe2433c29e2c666.png

FC DNEPR MOGILEV / SEASON 8 / COMPETITIONS / TRANSFERS / FINANCES

image.thumb.png.d67c5c04e1a2adf8649e222db0522c8c.png

This season saw some improvements in our performances (results, not goals conceded!); and we survived another year in the Highest League. We went on a rocky patch halfway through since we lost our 4 best players to the U19 World Championship (or similar); we lost 8 in a row. The decline was steadied upon their return. They somehow remain at the club, despite many bids coming in. The youth intake brings in a new CB straight into the first team. Onwards and upwards?

1099217064_FCDneprMogilev_YouthCandidates-10.thumb.png.29deeb8d14bee5939212d67bcb0ea3f7.png

FC DNEPR MOGILEV / SEASON 9 / COMPETITIONS / TRANSFERS / FINANCES

image.thumb.png.baffbe878a1aff06e035f94a4b3cd3fd.png

What a season! We finished 4th after being a really improved side, having kept (most) of our better players. Amazingly we won the first 7 games in a row, before a few bumps in the road. However, it is (23m) Artur Boltrushevich that's setting this league on fire - winning the striker of the year, along with top-scorer for the league. With each season he's improving and no-one seems to want to buy him (yet), so, I figure he's in that CA/PA sweet spot where he's class, but not expected to develop too much. In other news, BATE Borisov nearly got relegated; they had to win the last 3 games to avoid a playoff! I truly was expecting some PSG style dominance from them! Our finances are very bad, but at the time of writing, our board just cleared most of it away. Unfortunately, we're losing our 4* CA goalkeeper on a free transfer; he opted to sign for another team. Next season might be more of a struggle and I'm trying not to let this freak season get into my, or my players, heads just yet!

Depending on the cup winner, we might sneak into the Euro Cup II qualifying. I'm not expecting it since two of the teams play against each other in the quarter finals (played at start of next season).

Youth intake, though, was another success!

353239352_FCDneprMogilev_YouthCandidates-11.thumb.png.ff76ba55504d19c7b6880ef94e3c84ed.png

Great thread, and it prompted me to start a save with In England. Unfortunately I didn't take the necessary screen shots at the beginning, but I'm sure I could scroll back through the news items and get the bits I need, as I'm only about 6/7 games in with South Shields. I've actually started really well, undefeated so far, but there were some good players available when a joined. 

I'd like to post updates, and I tried last night but couldn't work out how to get the screenshots on the post. Please advise. 

1 minute ago, Cookie147 said:

Great thread, and it prompted me to start a save with In England. Unfortunately I didn't take the necessary screen shots at the beginning, but I'm sure I could scroll back through the news items and get the bits I need, as I'm only about 6/7 games in with South Shields. I've actually started really well, undefeated so far, but there were some good players available when a joined. 

I'd like to post updates, and I tried last night but couldn't work out how to get the screenshots on the post. Please advise. 

Welcome, what are your issues with posting screenshots? You take them (either through some software like greenshot or just "prt scr" and paste into paint), then upload to somewhere (i use imgur, but there are plenty of others). Once you then have a link to the image, just paste that link directly into where you type and it will show up.

If you want to add it as a link in text, the write your text, then highlight it and press the 5th button from the left, the one that looks like an oval ring and paste the link into the top half of the popup (and you will see your highlighted text in the bottom.

5 minutes ago, XaW said:

Welcome, what are your issues with posting screenshots? You take them (either through some software like greenshot or just "prt scr" and paste into paint), then upload to somewhere (i use imgur, but there are plenty of others). Once you then have a link to the image, just paste that link directly into where you type and it will show up.

If you want to add it as a link in text, the write your text, then highlight it and press the 5th button from the left, the one that looks like an oval ring and paste the link into the top half of the popup (and you will see your highlighted text in the bottom.

I was trying to use the screenshot option on the FM dropdown icon, but I couldn't work out where that image was going. I am registered on Imgur, so will try upload through that once I've got the first bit sorted. 😀

1 minute ago, Cookie147 said:

I was trying to use the screenshot option on the FM dropdown icon, but I couldn't work out where that image was going. I am registered on Imgur, so will try upload through that once I've got the first bit sorted. 😀

Yeah, that doesn't work. Just press the Prt Sc on your keyboard and paste it into paint. Otherwise, use some software if you like. I use Greenshot and love it. The only open source software I've donated to, ever! :)

XaW - Putnok FC - 2033/34

Putnok_VSE_logo.png

After losing the title to Ferenváros last season the goal was simply to retake it this time around. Unai Emery left them after he won the title for Leeds in the Premier League, and his replacement couldn't match him. So they fell a bit short compared to last season. However, we were not without a tough opponent this season as Debrecen had a really solid season and almost kept up with us. We did regain the crown though, but not by far. Still, we had a good season, but not as good as last season, even if we didn't win then.

In the Magyar Kupa we beat Dabas, Karancslapujtő, Paks, Mezőkövesd, Újpest and Mezőkövesd to reach the final. There we beat Debrecen in extra time after they scored an own goal 3 minutes into overtime in the last half. Yeah, I don't think we payed him, but someone else could have... Anyway, another cup title for us.

In the Champions League we started in the 2nd qualifying round were we beat Dynamo Kyiv of Ukraine in both legs. In the 3rd qualifying round we knocked out Utrecht of the Netherlands and in the playoff we beat Russian side Zenith to go into the group stage.

We drew Real Madrid of Spain, Liverpool of England and Red Star of Serbia. Now, as it turn out Red Star have become a really good team, and they crushed us. Real Madrid the same. Against Liverpool we somehow managed to draw both games, but needless to say, we finished last in the group.

One new country this time as we had our first ever match in Ukraine.

dYawpX1.png

The youth preview this season were really promising, but the intake itself was pretty poor. The one player really worth noting is Balázs Bartha 34a, a really talented right back. This was also a strange season, since not many players really stood out, but rather the team as a whole. Still, I think I can pick out a few who. Ádám Pintér 29b had a good season in midfield and is our assists king. Ádám Kékesi 26a scored a lot from midfield, and Petér Földi 31d is our topscorer once again.

The U19s still don't play in any league system, but they competed in the UEFA Youth League again this season. This time they great as they finished 2nd in their group and got through. Then they beat Shaktar in the 1st knockout round before losing to Napoli on pens in the 2nd knockout round.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2020/21   | Nemzeti Bajnokság II |  1st   | 4th round  | N/A         | Promoted as champions
2021/22   | OTP Bank Liga        |  6th   | Semi final | N/A         | Mid-table
2022/23   | OTP Bank Liga        | 10th   | 4th round  | N/A         | Avoided relegation
2023/24   | OTP Bank Liga        |  7th   | 2nd round  | N/A         | Mid-table
2024/25   | OTP Bank Liga        |  5th   | Semi final | N/A         | Just off European spots
2025/26   | OTP Bank Liga        |  7th   | Semi final | N/A         | Mid-table
2026/27   | OTP Bank Liga        |  3rd   | 3rd round  | N/A         | Qualified for Europe
2027/28   | OTP Bank Liga        |  3rd   | Winner!    | EC 4th q    | Won the cup
2028/29   | OTP Bank Liga        |  2nd   | Winner!    | EC 2nd KO   | Won the cup, qualified for CL
2029/30   | OTP Bank Liga        |  2nd   | Runner-up  | EC 2nd KO   | Qualified for CL, good European run
2030/31   | OTP Bank Liga        |  1st   | Winner!    | CL Group    | Domestic double, CL group stage
2031/32   | OTP Bank Liga        |  1st   | Winner!    | CL Group    | Domestic double, CL group stage
2032/33   | OTP Bank Liga        |  2nd   | 4th round  | CL 1st KO   | Knockout stages in CL
2033/34   | OTP Bank Liga        |  1st   | Winner!    | CL Group    | Domestic double, CL group stage

Season    | Coaching     | Recruitment   | Training Fac     | Youth Fac
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2020/21   | Adequate     | Average       | Basic            | Below Average
2021/22   | Adequate     | Average       | Below Average    | Below Average
2022/23   | Good         | Adequate      | Adequate         | Adequate
2023/24   | Excellent    | Adequate      | Average          | Adequate
2024/25   | Excellent    | Adequate      | Average          | Adequate
2025/26   | Excellent    | Adequate      | Average          | Adequate
2026/27   | Excellent    | Good          | Average          | Adequate
2027/28   | Excellent    | Good          | Average          | Adequate
2028/29   | Exceptional  | Excellent     | Average          | Below Average
2029/30   | Exceptional  | Exceptional   | Good             | Adequate
2030/31   | Exceptional  | Exceptional   | Great            | Average
2031/32   | Exceptional  | Exceptional   | Excellent        | Good
2032/33   | Exceptional  | Exceptional   | Superb           | Great
2033/34   | Exceptional  | Exceptional   | State of the art | Excellent

Most apps                   |  Viktor Németh 23b - 459 apps
Most goals                  |  Viktor Németh 23b - 167 goals
Most international apps     |  Csaba Szilágyi 25d - 45 caps for Hungary
Most international goals    |  Ádám Pintér 29b - 6 goals for Hungary
Oldest player               |  Viktor Németh 23b - 27 years 355 days
Oldest goalscorer           |  Viktor Németh 23b - 27 years 197 days

Right, here we go! I've been loving reading through this thread, and as despite many attempts at various challenges I'd love to give this one a good go!

869297395_SouthShieldsLogo.thumb.png.ef98484db1e146c355e6e2bdd7293ad2.png

I holidayed through and decided to take this on in England, with South Shields. However, I originally thought I wasn't going to post anything, so the following screenshots are a few weeks to late, but hopefully that is ok. I've followed the rules so far.

Here is my manager profile - as you can see, I've played 5 league matches, and had a unlikely start! I've also had my first coaching course accepted.

1219432544_Managerprofile.thumb.png.c9a895634e9ef188fd34f305727c5184.png 

The club vision is quite standard, with avoiding relegation the main aim for the season. Hopefully my early form isn't a flash in the pan, and I can avoid any slump in form.

1882729427_ClubVision.thumb.png.db636b8655b3fc90fcd15b3f6bb790b7.png

The squad I've inherited is very good actually, and I managed to give contracts to most of the squad. I've only lost one 'non-contract' player to Fleetwood in League One.

Squad.thumb.png.cd60101664bd6dd80970af64bf7b5bb8.png

Fingers crossed I'm still in a job at the end of the season. Let me know if I've missed anything.

Transfers.png

Edited by Cookie147

21 minutes ago, XaW said:

Nice to see you joining this challenge, @Cookie147! Everything looks good, except the last image needs to be the transfer history. Other than that, good luck! :)

Thanks, @XaW

Typically, I lost my next match (in the last minute).

Here is my transfer history (one outgoing):

Transfers.thumb.png.4d8eaa974bf8a4a0cc7701d639938f79.png

75944596_GosportBadge.png.fca7b7507c98d59d85e07567f7d5f5a7.png

Gosport Borough Football Club

Season 2033/34 | English Premier League | 17th

Season Preview | League Table | Competition Review | Squad | Transfers | Facilities | Finances

League Performance:

Boy was this season a struggle, but happily for us it had somewhat of a fairytale ending. We started the season off okay and were hanging around lower-mid half of the table up until about November when the wheels really came off. Our goals against of 84 meant we predictably took some batterings, conceding 5 or more goals in a match four times through the season. Our inability to beat the sides around us was very costly, and our two defeats against Fulham who won four games all season were almost disastrous. 

It all came down to the final game of the season where we were 1 point behind Aston Villa with a far worse goal difference, only a win could see us safe. It was an incredibly tense game, we went 1-0 up quite early only to be equalised on before half time, meanwhile Villa were getting thumped by West Ham so we knew we had a chance. Second half and I throw caution to the wind and go for a seldom seen two striker formation which includes our talisman for so many years through the leagues Michael Bohrer YP25a. He bursts through the defence in the 71st minute to put us 2-1 up, and then five minutes later disaster strikes when we concede a penalty, but it's saved! The next 15 minutes see us shut up shop completely and scrape through by the skin of our teeth to remain in the league for another season at least. 

Cup Performance:

Our best League Cup run so far saw us reach the quarter final to be knocked out by Chelsea, and we had a good run in the FA Cup before being beaten by Leeds in the fifth round.

Players:

Stand out players were basically anyone who wasn't playing in defence for us. Matthew Walker YP31a is now our second player to be described as a wonderkid, Luke McDonnell had a terrific season with 9 goals and 10 assists in the league and Ian Murphy YP31b reached double figures to score a respectable 12 league goals.

Facilities & Finances:

We're almost maxed out on youth and training facilities, just one upgrade on each to go before they're as good as can be I think. Finances didn't increase by anywhere near as much as last year due to us shelling out on a bunch of new contracts which included some serious pay increases. Almost every contract has a relegation wage drop included so we should be okay if we do get relegated in the near future.

Youth Intake:

A few promising players, still waiting on an absolutely top class prospect coming through though.

2063018496_GosportBorough_YouthCandidates.thumb.png.c05017b29d9b5fc499f52a30da09a88c.png

Eon Butters YP34a: Fantastic name aside, it's nice to have a promising centre back for a change. I'm not sure why but we seem to have stopped producing players with high determination so that is a concern, but he looks like he's Premier League player in the making

Cauley Armitage YP34b: I long for the day we produce a left back instead of the 5,000 right backs that have come from our academy over the years. Nevertheless Armitage looks solid, and like many others in the past could be retrained as a centre back

Bobby Wells YP34c: Our first promising keeper for about 8 years, although I'm concerned about him only being 5ft 11" in a game where set pieces are so good

Next Season:

Don't get relegated. That'll be the aim but after losing 10 of our last 13 games last season I'm not all that hopeful. We do have a few players from the 18s who should be making the step up soon to cast aside the old guard, so maybe some fresh faces will improve our fortunes.

Career Summary:

Capture.thumb.PNG.285085bfc14fc6835963031bd2d4ffa9.PNG

Edited by Mr_Tans

Good luch @Cookie147! I am also doing the challenge with South Shields as you might have seen. Jason Gilchrist was fantastic for me, scoring a bunch of goals all the way up to League 2. 

Nathan Lowe was also fantastic for me and finished with an above 7.0 season rating for something like 12 seasons straight. 

Best of luck! 

Fotbolltransfers.com - Officiellt: IK Sleipner lånar Riki Cakic ...

Season Review & Youth Intake 2029

League| Transfers | Facilities | Finance| Youth Intake

Youth intake is sadly still not really on the level i am expecting but it was still okay we got a keeper which will become first keeper in a season or two.

We knew we would have a hard time in the league as newcomers and it were a struggle all season long and in the end we ended 3rd from the bottom which meant playoff relegation which is how we were relegated last time but this time we came out much stronger in the away game winning 2-0 away even though we got a red card in the 60th minute! At home we took the lead and i thought it was all done but they won that game 2-1 so we won 3-2 on aggregate, it ended up very close but we remain in tier 2!

Transfers: not much here a lot of bids but only one left our LB got sold by board to tier 1 side Örebro but it could be worse

Facilitites: We upgraded now after the season both YR and JC when we secured another year in the tier 2

Finance: Best Finance we had sine one of our old players got sold for 2.1m pound and we had 40% sell on which meant 850k pound to me! 

Top Scorer: Gentrit Citaku 9 Goals 31(0) Games Avg 6.79

Most Assists: (03-G)Simon Samuelsson 11 Assists 28(0) Games Avg 7.21

Best Average: (03-G)Simon Samuelsson 1 Goal 11 Assists 28(0) Games Avg 7.21

Top Prospect: (09-A)Tommy Nilsson 9 Goals 2 Assists 32(0) Games Avg 6.90

0cd72c239573526c67be79b1a04cf809.png

I haven't finished my season, but I will give this taster.

I wrote on The Ultimate Challenge thread about how after observing a lot of people's somewhat suspicious* results in cups, it started happening to me and making me ashamed of my cynicism.

(*Suspicious on the Ultimate thread. This thread is an unremitting litany of heartbreak and frustration)

And now it's happening to me on this challenge. Both the results and, as since I say the season isn't over, potentially the heartbreak.

Edited by vikeologist

6 minutes ago, vikeologist said:

This thread is never ending heartbreak and frustration

The tagline for the thread! Masochists galore!

image.jpeg.fab37b602d74c3e676a4b797e8151c57.jpeg

Season 22 2041/2042

None of my players were announced good enough for Championship at the start of the season. Consequently, we suffered with only 14 points taken after 21 journeys. Those poor results mainly come from our poor conversion rate (around 5-6% at mid season), despite having the most opportunities created. Then, we started to have really good results around january and kept the rythm, concluding with a nice 1,43 average point by journey over the second half of the season. (0,87 over the 23 first journeys) 53 points was enough to survive this season !

Our stadium was full every game. Our new stadium will be deliver at the end of next season with around 12k seats against 5547 now.

1100600_20200604154708_1.thumb.png.2c12937abe320aa775bdb597649310a5.png1100600_20200604154722_1.thumb.png.2dde380abdbf1fce7e5e1bed8004d4e9.png

Bad draws in Cups, and 2 eliminations straight away.

Finances are good. Some players were complaining about the Championship incomes, but i have almost a 4m profit over the season, despite spending way more than usual. (17m€ income for 13m€ expenses) With this money i asked a youth level upgrade to 2, a youth and training facilities upgrade (3,5m€ total for both)

Given i am active now to send players on loans or to sell them, i will show the tranfer window instead of the finance one. I think financial problems are behind, thanks to a low mass salary (3m€/y)

For the first season i did 2 big sells for around 2M€. I have a lot of promising players in my youth teams, and with Championship calendar not busy as League1/2, i can't give play time to everyone.

1100600_20200604154835_1.thumb.png.4877b683611a427a935a3238f4db517a.png1100600_20200604154846_1.thumb.png.daf017f84a1276deb7aa2fed8ca32c52.png

Average youth intake, a midfield is my hot prospect.

1100600_20200603142551_1.thumb.png.940de20c36ce46b9e1f4404fd52ba0a4.png1100600_20200604155242_1.thumb.png.75899c1b8d2b4348b0f37c4bb81b3db1.png

Aim: Survive, continue to improve facilities

1947660679_Annotation2020-06-04153608.thumb.png.e9e38495dea9fc5989dab3708020e208.png

61c8c3ed1ec238121e650dc2053b7d5c.png

We almost lost him, our golden boy Fortes... Porto offered a huge amount of money, knowning our balance is only 1.5 mil at the moment. However, losing this kid after only playing half a season in the first squad can't be compensated with any amount of money.

I didn't even know the option to protest a transfer allowed by the board existed. My heart skipped a beat after reading this message. They followed my lead, thank you chairman :D I hope we can keep Fortes for a little while longer. 

Edited by Armeniar

On 02/06/2020 at 21:48, thomas_e said:

:D

Yes, we are going along quite similar aren't we! Hopefully I can make CL this year too! I envy you your striker Nick Harmon. I don't have a steady goalscorer atm (but a huge talent in the U18), and it's so important! But I have world class CB's, and that's also key to completing this challenge I reckon. Hard to compensate for a terrible defense! 

When I completed the challenge with Real Jean I had what was maybe the best striker in the world up front and that made all the difference! 

Too right, I think somehow in defense you can compensate a bit by good organisation, but upfront you can't do too much if you don't have the talent. Although until the last few years I had a pretty terrible defense which was not much fun, losing big-4 away games by 5+ goals... I'm hoping for a bit more depth up front in the next few intakes too, at the moment whenever Harmon gets injured there's nobody close to his level to fill the void (and as I type this he is out for 6 weeks with a fractured arm).

131866248_SouthShieldsLogo.thumb.png.8a2f27cb2447f3d77527ec3adfbf7da7.png

SOUTH SHIELDS FOOTBALL CLUB

SEASON 1 - 2020/21

MID-SEASON YOUTH PREVIEW

Amazingly, I'm finding myself in a promotion/play-off challenge in the first season, although I did inherit a fairly decent squad, and a team that averages 1,400 through the door each home match. Anyway, I thought I'd share the preview of the potential intakes later in the season.

1136423161_YouthIntakePreview.thumb.png.c16ad9d51c511995781ad0b765467702.png

South Shields F.C. New Crest.png

South Shields FC

Youth Intake 2038

A dissapointing intake and should this be our HOYD's last intake? It just might be. Yes, James Warren is a big talent, but I expect more, with top notch facilities and recruitment. Maybe i'm just greedy :D

1224018645_2020-06-0511_23_26-FootballManager2020.thumb.jpg.401de3ecab2d22111ffcdfa3e723afdd.jpg     945518562_2020-06-0511_23_33-FootballManager2020.thumb.jpg.36ec6522e0ecef3ba2b5def3bb7b7fe7.jpg     1089348257_2020-06-0511_23_42-FootballManager2020.thumb.jpg.a44bd76e69ed49e1d5dba299f7493c0f.jpg

13 hours ago, dkouv said:

Too right, I think somehow in defense you can compensate a bit by good organisation, but upfront you can't do too much if you don't have the talent. Although until the last few years I had a pretty terrible defense which was not much fun, losing big-4 away games by 5+ goals... I'm hoping for a bit more depth up front in the next few intakes too, at the moment whenever Harmon gets injured there's nobody close to his level to fill the void (and as I type this he is out for 6 weeks with a fractured arm).

Yeah, and I shoudn't complain at all to be honest! Part of this challenge clearly is to compensate for weak ares on the pitch! England just played a friendly at my save, and at one point my GK and two CB's were on the pitch at the same time! You can compensate with good organisation as you say, but only up until a certain point. 

But a weak striker is difficult to do anything about for sure! My striker actually has a decent 14 goals in 31 games, but the last three of them came at home to Bournemouth when they got a player sent off after 5 minutes.. He does work hard and score some goals, but against the top teams I know before kick off that I probably have to rely on a set piece, a long shot or a great individual performance from a winger/amc if I want to score. He has great physical stats, but 9 in finishing! I have a huge striker talent in my U18 (dubbed the new Michael Owen!), but he is only 17. I will give him until next summer (15 months) and then I will just use him upfront, even though he might not be ready. 

Edited by thomas_e

Impressive, gratz!! @vikeologist

I normally don't do updates on results throughout the season, but I just couldn't keep this to myself.  

d0115cf0c78909d1066352a450796691.png

And all of the sudden, you're in the cup final as a second division team :D :D :D This is incredible, couldn't believe we won the penalty shootout without anyone who can actually take a pen. We were even the better team against Famalciao. The best part is, to reach the final we only had to defeat Famalciao and Portimonense as for Liga NOS teams. Our other opponents didn't even play in the Liga II Ledman, couldn't have gotten better draws... 

Spoiler

40bc1ed33af150d361ec883020006254.png

Just after being able to force the board to keep Fortes out of FC Porto's hands, this is another massive achievement for the club. This season really exceeds all expectations.

FC DNEPR MOGILEV / UPDATE

So, I have an issue. The next season into this project has ended and - spoiler alert - finished in 3rd. This is a Euro Cup II qualification space in Belarus. However, when looking at the table and the season overview: the teams in 1st, 2nd and 4th have all qualified for Europe; but I have not. Additionally, when checking the Belarusian Cup rules - spoiler alert - we're in the semi finals; I look at the rules there and see that FC Dnepr Mogilev are an exclusion team and ineligible for Euro Cup II, should we win the cup. At the end of the season, the board stated they were very happy having secured European qualification, yet I have not received any confirmation of this via the inbox. Confusing.

Any ideas why I have not been able to qualify for Europe? Looked everywhere and can't see any reason why I wouldn't be able to...

Edited by collindinho
Spelling

Vikeologist's Palermo 2041 World Club Championship Report

Image result for palermo fc

So the last piece of unfinished business was the Club World Championship. I was pretty relaxed about it, but it was kind of heart-breaking knowing that a defeat would be the last time I’d manage the club.

It was also sort of unfinished business with the matches.

Having got past Corinthians and Beijing in the group stage, the quarterfinal was against Real Madrid, who we’d just thumped in the Champions League final. This was however a bit tougher. They scored an equaliser in extra time, and it went to penalties, where we won. Thank God that penalty shootout wasn’t the Champions League final.

The semi-final was against Man City, another piece of unfinished business after their 3 straight Champions League quarterfinal victories, except hold on, We won that last one, didn’t we? Still doesn’t seem real, but we won this one 2-1. So we’ve beaten them in 2 matches in a row. Before that we hadn’t won any of the  9 previous competitive matches against them.

And so a perfect final draw against our main rivals, Inter who have won every domestic title in recent history, apart from the one we did, and to avenge the 28 times Inter have beaten us, many of which I can still painfully recall.

Except Inter were then beaten in the other semi by … Valencia.

Who the hell are Valencia? How are they even here? The only thing they’ve won in recent history is the Europa League 5 seasons ago. I mean, they haven’t even won a domestic trophy.

So the final was predictably anti-climactic, with us winning 3-0. Don’t get me wrong. We didn’t deserve to win the Champions League, or the domestic league a few seasons ago) but.. Valencia!!!

However the competition has made me feel a bit more worthy of our success, with the victories over Madrid and City. And there’s something to be said for a team that can take a licking for pretty much all of 2 legs against top teams, and have the bloody-mindedness to get off the floor and knock them out.

2 hours ago, collindinho said:

Any ideas why I have not been able to qualify for Europe? Looked everywhere and can't see any reason why I wouldn't be able to...

Searched the forum and it's happened to someone else with the same team - looks like this challenge is over for me - because I won't be investing another minute into the save until I know there's a fix.

:(

XaW - Putnok FC - 2034/35

Putnok_VSE_logo.png

Another title in the box. We did much better than last season, even if we still lost a few games this season around. We ran away with things early on, and the league were never really in doubt. A think that I really think shows how good we are becoming is that we can sell failed youth prospects for a bit of money. This season I sold Patrik Nagy 31e to a Romanian side for £1m. He got a few matches on the bench when we had injuries, but never played for the first team. When we can then sell him for a million, it shows we are doing the youth development right.

In the Magyar Kupa we beat Mátészalka, BVSC, Vác, Szolnoki MAV, Győr and Ferencváros to reach another final. This time though we lost to Puskás Akadémia after they had a pen in the first half, and we simply couldn't find the net even if we dominated the rest of the match.

In the Champions League we started in the 3rd qualifying round were we beat Lech Poznań of Poland in both legs. In the playoff we lost away to Slovenian outfit Maribor, but crushed them at home to go into the group stage.

There we drew Inter of Italy, Red Bull Salzburg og Austria and Real Sociedad of Spain, a much easier draw than we are used to. Still it was a bit hard and we only won one match, home to Red Bull Salzburg. We also drew both legs against Real Sociedad and away to Inter, while losing at home to them as well as away to Red Bull Salzburg. This meant we finished 3rd in the group, ahead of Real Sociedad.

This meant we went into the Europa League knockout rounds. In the 1st knockout round we drew another Austrian side in Sturm Graz. We beat them at home, and drew away to go past them. In the 2nd knockout round we drew Roma of Italy. We had a horrid time in the home leg as we lost 1-5. We did regain a bit of our honor when we beat them in Rome, but not with enough goals to go through. Still, a good effort.

We had our first trip to Poland this season, as well as Slovenia and Austria.

qUA60e0.png

The youth preview this season looked better than in a long time, and the intake itself was also really good. We got in two great young talents that are going to be part of the first team from the get go. Zoltán Fodor 35a is a really talented defensive midfielder with some really nice attributes. Dániel Klinger 35b is also very exciting, and he even scored two times in his debut. As for the existing players, I'd like to mention Botond Molnár 33a who are really improving well. Attila the Goalkeeper 31a had another good season and scored another 7 goals for us.

The U19s still don't play in any league system, but they competed in the UEFA Youth League again this season. They did great again as they won their group. They also beat Everton before losing to Lille in the quarter final.

2033/34   | OTP Bank Liga        |  1st   | Winner!    | CL Group    | Domestic double, CL group stage
2034/35   | OTP Bank Liga        |  1st   | Runner-up  | CL Group    | Won the league and a good effort in Europe

Season    | Coaching     | Recruitment   | Training Fac     | Youth Fac
2020/21   | Adequate     | Average       | Basic            | Below Average
2021/22   | Adequate     | Average       | Below Average    | Below Average
2022/23   | Good         | Adequate      | Adequate         | Adequate
2023/24   | Excellent    | Adequate      | Average          | Adequate
2024/25   | Excellent    | Adequate      | Average          | Adequate
2025/26   | Excellent    | Adequate      | Average          | Adequate
2026/27   | Excellent    | Good          | Average          | Adequate
2027/28   | Excellent    | Good          | Average          | Adequate
2028/29   | Exceptional  | Excellent     | Average          | Below Average
2029/30   | Exceptional  | Exceptional   | Good             | Adequate
2030/31   | Exceptional  | Exceptional   | Great            | Average
2031/32   | Exceptional  | Exceptional   | Excellent        | Good
2032/33   | Exceptional  | Exceptional   | Superb           | Great
2033/34   | Exceptional  | Exceptional   | State of the art | Excellent
2034/35   | Exceptional  | Exceptional   | State of the art | Superb

Most apps                   |  Viktor Németh 23b - 490 apps
Most goals                  |  Viktor Németh 23b - 172 goals
Most international apps     |  Csaba Szilágyi 25d - 56 caps for Hungary
Most international goals    |  Ádám Pintér 29b - 7 goals for Hungary
Oldest player               |  Viktor Németh 23b - 28 years 301 days
Oldest goalscorer           |  Viktor Németh 23b - 28 years 295 days

@vikeologist congrats!! :applause::applause::applause: The best way to win is to fluke it through at least once, and looks like you did it twice there, FM-ing the AI in style along the way :D:D Remembering some of your previous attempts in this challenge though, I dare say that you have deserved this little (or big) bit of luck :)

@thomas_e 9 finishing, ouch! Though they can still do pretty decently if they have good physicals etc in my experience. But maybe time for the new Michael Owen to emulate the real Owen by breaking into the England team at a tender age...

Edited by dkouv

FC DNEPR MOGILEV / ON HOLD

image.thumb.png.bd0573608d83f0f22170cff29dc0bfa7.png

Well, SI Games have confirmed that Dnepr Mogilev are "listed as ineligible for European football, likely to do with the reformation they have undergone as a club in the last couple of years." - meaning that I'm in a position where I cannot continue this challenge. I've enjoyed playing in Belarus and got an attachment to the players that have come through. So, I will stay in Belarus for the time being and have just become manager of BATE Borisov, who are not dominant anymore. The journey here continues, just with a different and unexpected ending.

Good luck to everyone still progressing in their saves. I will keep watching and cheering you and your successes on from a distance! :)

2039366770_SouthShieldsLogo.thumb.png.cf18840daf068fa7a0296e819bfd6574.png

SEASON 1 - 2020/21

YOUTH INTAKE

I've finally made it to the youth intake for my first season, and I'm amazingly still in the playoffs, with six games remaining. However, my 14 man squad is knackered and form has taken a nose dive. Hopefully we can hang on.

Here are the youth intakes for the season. I will probably get everyone under contract to build my squad and youth teams up, and finally have a full bench to choose from. I was hoping for a decent GK, as my current one is 35, and on the decline.

(I've had two take two screen shots, as I couldn't work out how to get it on to one page - any advise?)

1961262877_YouthIntake1.thumb.png.5b87c16c9f00872c96099b1bc7cf1f0e.png896322606_YouthIntake2.thumb.png.0d2b00422b18b11012cbbab1bd1b291f.png

The best of the bunch is Phil Carey, but as I currently don't use a AMC, I will probably need to consider what my primary tactic/formation is for next season. Dennis Armstrong is also definitely one to watch next season, however my current attacking right winger is probably my best player.

1324792894_PhilipCarey.thumb.png.94121a0dfc8f07a524bc150d1b48409e.png

1720891476_DennisArmstrong.thumb.png.c6f81cac866c34446cd3ebe8a73f584a.png

NK Zadar: 2071/72 season review

Back to winning ways as we secured the domestic double. Our CL campaign almost didn't go very far as we scrapped through the best placed qualifier with Ajax. Our campaign eventually ended in the first round knockouts, being blown away by Liverpool.

1836316162_COMPS72.thumb.png.8b3da955d51679bd5638047d86a1fd91.png

Squad stats. Tomasevic (57D) and Kovacic (56C) leading the way as usual.

1666842408_SQUAD72.thumb.png.b4da8c777be7cea267ed2cdc89aefd4c.png

Youth intake was a disappointment. Decided to sign a few 3 star potentials to boost some positions where we lacked bodies.
We clinched the UEFA Youth League again, 5 in 6 years.

399819636_youth72.thumb.png.61b917ce8a76de2fdaf82fa8b9240303.png   YC72.thumb.png.fa315dd6225ab4353cc911c98b42b535.png

Transfers.

446879067_transfers72.thumb.png.3678cae6377b8d20595948ff6ed7fc14.png

1513767204_stats72.thumb.png.6cb93909cb2f34243f8c060f521b5b07.png

1815114309_SouthShieldsLogo.thumb.png.adcdf61d2bd44cde19d8d9e6a4103ba3.png

SEASON 1 - 2020/2021

VANARAMA NATIONAL LEAGUE NORTH

An amazing season comes to an end for the Mariners, as we managed an unlikely 3rd place finish in the league, and therefore a home draw in the play-off semi final. When I joined, there was only 15 players on the roster, and one of them was picked off by Fleetwood during the pre season friendlies, but the players I had remaining were already cut out for this level. A very lucky position to be in. In fact, we got off to a flyer in the league and if it wasn't for the dominance of Chester, we would be have been sitting at the very top for most of the season. Amazingly, I don't think we ever left the top five all season, mainly due to the goal-scoring exploits of Jason Gilchrist and dazzling wing play of Josh Gillies.

So, into the semi finals we go, and it's Hereford at home, after the victory over Curzon Ashton in the previous round. Here's how it went:

Spoiler

PLAY-OFF SEMI FINAL: South Shields 1-2 Hereford

Despite an absolute screamer from 25 yards from new intake, Philip Carey, we just couldn't get the job done in a game we largely controlled. To be honest, I think this team would have struggled in the league above, so maybe a blessing in disguise, but still highly frustrating.

FA CUP

We lost in the 2nd qualifying round to Royston (away), 2-5.

FA Trophy

We lost in the 3rd Qualifying Round to Chester (home), 0-2.

Players of the season were AM/R Josh Gillies, ST/C Jason Gilchrist and MC Nathan Lowe. Hopefully I can get a few more consistent seasons out of these three.

1518370600_JoshGillies.thumb.png.19803039bf9215e49338403bed5099da.png

1197808916_JasonGilchrist.thumb.png.9e00965b780a67789621cd8bb3261ac1.png

120079941_NathanLowe.thumb.png.f24ef596295f449aebd4465aef70ee40.png

Youth Intake 2020/21:

1920533981_YouthIntake1.thumb.png.3e507862819b081e04ce45dbac9ed94b.png117062072_YouthIntake2.thumb.png.e2c02f3393eb490db0ba02d3a61f9370.png

Final League Table:

LeagueTable1.thumb.png.48cb27e1a9a5a2644aa139529dcb9d56.pngLeagueTable2.thumb.png.6b4f9242e04e900c3deeadd4549bfb55.png

Transfers:

Transfers.thumb.png.9c06db2d39181d89d51ad63619237ac7.png

Squad1.png
Squad2.png

Edited by Cookie147
Centering Images