Everything TOTAL Football (From Cruyff's 343 to Guardiola's Overloads) - UPDATED May 30, 2022

22 hours ago, Kevinmatt said:

My issue is i'm not creating many chances or scoring goals ive attached a sceenshot 

2145675542_tenhag.png.d608454bee133f378cc3abc283123b72.png

For what it's worth, I'd put Rashford on IF attack and Asensio on IW support. They fit each role perfectly.  Asensio is more of a playmaker type, while Rashford is faster and probably has better off the ball movement so he's better at running behind the defence. Even better if he has Beat Offside Trap PPM but I'm not sure.

Of course I'd also switch the full backs' roles (attack duty on the right, support duty on the left) to keep it consistent.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

37 minutes ago, Rodpaco said:

For what it's worth, I'd put Rashford on IF attack and Asensio on IW support. They fit each role perfectly.  Asensio is more of a playmaker type, while Rashford is faster and probably has better off the ball movement so he's better at running behind the defence. Even better if he has Beat Offside Trap PPM but I'm not sure.

Of course I'd also switch the full backs' roles (attack duty on the right, support duty on the left) to keep it consistent.

Yes in the article i downloaded the tactic and Roles are swapped already so rashford is IF Atack and Sancho/Asensio on IW support.

Signed a backup have attached a screenshot to see if he will do;

Also does Positive work aswel as balanced? Worth a try and see woud it.

gouiri.thumb.png.c9abd2110f928e9650705040a7c788c1.png

On 11/04/2022 at 23:13, crusadertsar said:

Most tactics in this game are highly dependent on the players you have. Get some awesome players that fit the tactical style to a "t" and you are halfway there. And by "awesome" I don't mean the best players in the world. Just the ones with suitable attributes. The players I get most excited about in FM22 are usually the ones that cost me around 10 million. Or even ones I get on loan. No need to Real Madrid or Bayern-like superteam here.

How do you find these players at a low fees? Scout certain regions or countries with certain minimum mental attributes & potential or just manually use player search? 

is there certain attributes you’d say you look for for each position or is it a general one for all positions 

19 hours ago, Kevinmatt said:

Yes in the article i downloaded the tactic and Roles are swapped already so rashford is IF Atack and Sancho/Asensio on IW support.

Signed a backup have attached a screenshot to see if he will do;

Also does Positive work aswel as balanced? Worth a try and see woud it.

gouiri.thumb.png.c9abd2110f928e9650705040a7c788c1.png

So if you break it down - OTB 16, ANT 13, DEC 13. I would guess that he will likely make runs though not always at the right time or to the right place. But his highish Teamwork and WR would see him try them even if they dont come off. He isnt slow, he is balanced and agile and can finish with decent Composure, Technique and Finishing. Icing on the cake is gets into the area, cuts inside from the left and Plays one Twos. Pair him with a midfielder or striker with the one twos trait and you will probably see some nice moves into the box.

In a higher mentality I would probably play him as an IF(Su) to keep some defensive shape as he will still get into the box a lot.

Posted (edited)
On 13/04/2022 at 13:21, Chapman7 said:

How do you find these players at a low fees? Scout certain regions or countries with certain minimum mental attributes & potential or just manually use player search? 

is there certain attributes you’d say you look for for each position or is it a general one for all positions 

I basically manually search for players. And then narrow in on the ones i find more interesting, aka with the sets of attributes required for the role I'm looking for. So for my wide attacker, I absolutely need someone with great Off the Ball and Finishing. Then Composure, Anticipation, Decisions, and Acceleration need to be more than average but not exceptional. And he can dribble then that's always a bonus but not a requirement.

Edited by crusadertsar

32 minutes ago, crusadertsar said:

I absolutely need someone with great Off the Ball and Finishing. Then Composure, Anticipation, Decisions, and Acceleration need to be more than average if not exceptional. And he can dribble then that's always a bonus but not a requirement.

good reference for my player search criteria, thanks. an average of 12-13 on the attributes above is it enough?

Edited by kalongtongan

My Ajax save is bugging for me, no real Dutch squad etcetera and couldn’t get de name fix working so I started a new save last night and I’m going to use this 433😄👌🏻  Let’s see if Haller can be useful as a CF. 

Edited by Skywalk3r83

• crusadertsar changed the title to Everything TOTAL Football (From Cruyff's 343 to Guardiola's Overloads) - UPDATED April 21, 2022
22 hours ago, Tibalg said:

Is is Hristo’s son already 😁

And it seems you changed your previous 4-3-3 setup to go back to your « favorite » 3-4-3 Total Footballer one 😎

Good observations ;) 

1889D1E4BC8B6C6631236F646ABF207A68EB1FC5 (1600×900)

Definitely Hristo's son. At least my virtual Stoichkov and not the real one of course. Born in Plovdiv too. Although not sure why he has Cameroonian 2nd nationality. Maybe got that through his mother? 

1 hour ago, crusadertsar said:

Good observations ;) 

1889D1E4BC8B6C6631236F646ABF207A68EB1FC5 (1600×900)

Definitely Hristo's son. At least my virtual Stoichkov and not the real one of course. Born in Plovdiv too. Although not sure why he has Cameroonian 2nd nationality. Maybe got that through his mother? 

But whats going on with the brother called René Henriksen? Scandinavian souveniers?

3 hours ago, oskumustatuli said:

But whats going on with the brother called René Henriksen? Scandinavian souveniers?

:lol: OMG didn't even see that one before! Will now have to look him up to see if he is any good. I guess Hristo got kids everywhere. Or at least his virtual game version. 

been trying to recreate cruyff’s 3-diamond-3 formation in fm for a number of years now. consider myself a football nerd and have read about his ajax & barcelona teams for hours on end. i created a save with barcelona early in fm22 with the cruyff formation but got bored of it. currently i am ajax manager in 2022/23 season with a 4-3-3 formation that in attack becomes a 3-diamond-3, similar to 10/11 barcelona and pep’s current man city side. i think i am going to do another season with this tactic as i don’t have the defenders to make it work atm, but i’ve never got the cruyff diamond to work fully in fm and it’s something that’s bugged me for ages. if you need help building this tactic i can help as i’ve tested it extensively in fm this year.

Just now, specialrequest said:

been trying to recreate cruyff’s 3-diamond-3 formation in fm for a number of years now. consider myself a football nerd and have read about his ajax & barcelona teams for hours on end. i created a save with barcelona early in fm22 with the cruyff formation but got bored of it. currently i am ajax manager in 2022/23 season with a 4-3-3 formation that in attack becomes a 3-diamond-3, similar to 10/11 barcelona and pep’s current man city side. i think i am going to do another season with this tactic as i don’t have the defenders to make it work atm, but i’ve never got the cruyff diamond to work fully in fm and it’s something that’s bugged me for ages. if you need help building this tactic i can help as i’ve tested it extensively in fm this year.

if you wondering how i’ve created a 433 which becomes a 3diamond3 in attack it’s through having a FB on defend and an IWB on attack, then a mezzala on attack and a CM on attack as this position takes up very central positions in the match engine. 

One of the actions from last game with my newest attempt at Pep City type of ball. Also first game with this tactic. DLF has roam more, WM on both sides have stay wider. That's all PI

image.png.440ded714bdbf51c0f16c53d139aa5ae.png

XV3euDiRmh.gif.a00f955383f3ec647287bdd574bd0a7d.gif

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • crusadertsar changed the title to Everything TOTAL Football (From Cruyff's 343 to Guardiola's Overloads) - UPDATED May 30, 2022

Excellent read!

Are you always using your ram striker as a TF or just when you are late in the game and you need to bully defenders?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, bosque said:

Excellent read!

Are you always using your ram striker as a TF or just when you are late in the game and you need to bully defenders?

To be honest I started out using Fer as a sub like that when I was integrating him into my First team last season. And Gerard Moreno (who is much more of a Complete Forward) was red hot. But then Moreno got injured for 3-4 months at the beginning of this season and I had no choice but to play Fer all the time.

And it has been a real revelation! So I'm now using my Battering Ram as a TF all the time, against most opposition. He is a beast who rarely gets tired or injured. And Im sure glad I did this because it's mid March now and he scored something like 32 goals in 33 appearances. 

It's often that you see him score a brace or hat trick per game. I will need to do another update soon to show more detailed statistics and results. 

Edited by crusadertsar

I've taken a liking to trying to get some of the lessor used roles, or role that people call hard to work and mashing them all into a single formation.

Currently I'm trying to make a 3-1-4-1-1 working in a formation that includes two defensive wingers, a libero, two wide centrebacks and a target forward. Things are looking promising.

That said - so much of the success is going to rely on the quality of the players you put into roles and how well they are suited to deliver the role you ask them to. Something I have noticed is a relatively common theme in this thread.

7 hours ago, khodder said:

I've taken a liking to trying to get some of the lessor used roles, or role that people call hard to work and mashing them all into a single formation.

Currently I'm trying to make a 3-1-4-1-1 working in a formation that includes two defensive wingers, a libero, two wide centrebacks and a target forward. Things are looking promising.

That said - so much of the success is going to rely on the quality of the players you put into roles and how well they are suited to deliver the role you ask them to. Something I have noticed is a relatively common theme in this thread.

@khodder I’d be interested to see your setup because I’ve been working on a similar formation but with a flat midfield 5, so 3-5-1-1 with similar roles to yours. A libero, two wide centrebacks, and two mezzalas. I’m undecided still on the wide roles though. 

My initial thought was two wide playmakers that tuck inside and then have the wide centrebacks overlapping, but I just haven’t seen that movement pattern happening enough to be entirely happy with it. How have the defensive wingers been working for you? 

On 10/06/2022 at 19:39, BarstoolProphet said:

@khodder I’d be interested to see your setup because I’ve been working on a similar formation but with a flat midfield 5, so 3-5-1-1 with similar roles to yours. A libero, two wide centrebacks, and two mezzalas. I’m undecided still on the wide roles though. 

My initial thought was two wide playmakers that tuck inside and then have the wide centrebacks overlapping, but I just haven’t seen that movement pattern happening enough to be entirely happy with it. How have the defensive wingers been working for you? 

They've been going pretty well. They still get forward, especially as they are given a fair few attacking instructions individually. They play differently depending on the players too. Some will look to hit the byline and others get into the area, so I've been able to customise a bit that way. Can drop some screenshots in here later.

Still finding that we get really caught out defensively down the wings. So have a couple of ideas to possibly try them with a defend duty and see how that plays out and also possibly funnelling the opposition central so they don't create as much space outside.

Haven't loaded up the save in a couple of days though so mostly just ideas there.

image.png.d8d52c3ce2fb3356944fc7d73b38b98f.png

image.png.485b1fdfe4c6f4da838f492b2deb2030.png

I'm working through these two formations at the moment trying to figure out which works best for what I want. Toying with the idea of a Box midfield too.

Edited by khodder