dafuge's FM09 challenge

I'm in a similar (but slightly better) situation. My stadium holds 65000 but the council block any further expansion. We have £600m in the bank but no sign of second new stadium.

We actually had a 65000 sell out one match :cool:

Ive had this stadium for 10 years now, won the league 5 times in a row and won the CHL 6 times, fill out the stadium almost every game for the past 8 years and still nothing :p But i guess it will always be an issue! I would just very much like a new stadium because im the only Legend in the club, and i think there could be a big chance for the stadium to be named after me ;) Thats actually what annoy me the most, hehe..

• Replies 19.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ive had this stadium for 10 years now, won the league 5 times in a row and won the CHL 6 times, fill out the stadium almost every game for the past 8 years and still nothing :p But i guess it will always be an issue! I would just very much like a new stadium because im the only Legend in the club, and i think there could be a big chance for the stadium to be named after me ;) Thats actually what annoy me the most, hehe..

I'm already in a stadium named after me :cool:

I just hope if they build a new one they don't name it something else.

Thats a much better situation than me then id say, hehe =)

Has anyone had 2 stadiums built in their career ?

I have seen it happen to people, not sure if it was in this challenge though.

I'm definitely in with a chance of a new stadium, I have consistently high attendances which are close to capacity and we are loaded. I just wish it didn't take quite as long for it to happen.

I have been at capacity for about 15 years on my "new stadium" board wont expand it and I dont get a new one even though have buckets of cash. Would be sad if a by getting a new stadium I lost my name to it though.

I might get to the decision day and constantly reload just to see if its possible to get a second stadium...

What's the earliest anyone's been given a new stadium? Oxford City are building me a new one, starting 2017, due complete 2019. Only about 16,000 capacity, mind, but not bad given we were only just in the Championship.

On another note, haven't updated for ages (about 3 seasons) and have it all ready to type up with screenshots and whatnot, struggling to find the motivation though knowing that this thread will most likely dievery shortly after FM10 comes out.... Also pondering holding off on getting the new version just so I can finish this, but several seasons away from that....really wish it didn't take so long to plough through a season.

TBH I dont really remember whether I did or not, and I dont have FM09 installed on this new laptop so can't check. However I'd have thought in my 50+ season game with Eastwood Id have had more than 1 stadium. I do know I had takeovers every 7-8 years though!

Ok here goes...

FC United - Career Reveiw - Season 2020/21 - TheUsualSuspect9

For the first few season I was consistantly posting updates in this thread but eventually got bored and put the save away for safe keeping. With the fact that FM10 was just around the corner I decided to get back on FM09 in anticipation for it, didn't fancy starting a new one, so continued with my FC United dafuge challenge save.

Basically, got bored, gave up, now I'm back. :D

This is may last season review if anyone is interested. League One promotion season.

Here is a quick review.

Season         League                League Finish     Other Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
2009/10    Blue Square North          1st            Semi Final Of FA Trophy
2010/11    Blue Square Premier        1st            Conference League Cup Winners
2011/12    League Two                 7th            Promotion via Playoffs
2012/13    League One                 5th            Promotion via Playoffs
2013/14    Championship               6th            Lost Playoff Final
2014/15    Championship               7th
2015/16    Championship               5th            Promotion via Playoffs
2016/17    Premiership                13th  
2017/18    Premiership                5th            Carling Cup Winners, FA Cup Runner Up
2018/19    Premiership                6th            FA Cup Semi Finalist, UEFA Cup Runner Up
2019/20    Premiership                2nd            Carling Cup Winners, FA Cup Winner, UEFA Cup Winners
2020/21    Premiership                1st            Community Shield Runner Up, Carling Cup Winners, Premiership Champions, Champions League Winners, FA Cup Winners 

Still undecided, but I'm leaning towards keeping things as they are.

Aww, I won't be able to be Lowestoft Town then. :( Seriously though, it would take a lot to make the lower leagues as realistic as possible, regards prize money, etc, so probably best to leave it.

I predict Truro to be one of the most popular choices then. :D

I'd vote for keeping stuff as it is tbh, originality ftw :thup:

Also, i've just noticed that the guys in JoseRR's challenge are having an awards ceremony for the best players etc. in this years challenge, is this something that we in this challenge might have as well?

Also, i've just noticed that the guys in JoseRR's challenge are having an awards ceremony for the best players etc. in this years challenge, is this something that we in this challenge might have as well?

It is hard enough coming up with nominations for players for the overall awards, so I'm not sure how well it would work for just this challenge. Maybe if theirs goes well we could think about doing it.

Was hoping that the leagues directly below would be added, to add some freshness to the challenge, and so no one can use FC United this time ;)

Also a couple of teams who I could potentially use it.

I'm hoping that someone else will start off an editors version of this challenge, that includes manually added leagues.

I'm hoping that someone else will start off an editors version of this challenge, that includes manually added leagues.

I was hoping that it would be you!

I mean, everyone starts off the same in these challenges, we all use the same DDT file, we all follow the same rules, surely we can all just follow the same XML file or whatever it takes to get it working?

I was hoping that it would be you!

I mean, everyone starts off the same in these challenges, we all use the same DDT file, we all follow the same rules, surely we can all just follow the same XML file or whatever it takes to get it working?

That's the bit I'm not sure on, I've never been one for using editors or unofficially created data.

My vote is to keep things as they are. I have wanted to participate in this challenge for a long time, but decided to wait until FM10 to start as I felt I wouldn't have gotten very far before 10's release. After playing the 10 demo I finally feel like I could play a long time save again after loving FM 07 but never really getting into 08,09.

To be honest I always found the BSS/BSN portion of the challenge pretty tedious anyway. Adding further leagues beneath them, while making completion of the challenge very satisfying, would probably put most people off the challenge before they made league football. Dafuge's challenge is fantastic as it is, I don't see any reason to change it.

I'm back and ready to finish the challenge!!! I've been away doing other stuff even though i got so close to completing the challenge... Seconds away... I lost the final and then stopped playing. However, i'd like to challenge for the major honours 1 last time!

I will definately be using this challenge for my first ever game on FM10 as it is easily the longest game i've played in the history of all manager games i've played!

First Pre-Season Game

FC United 5 - 0 Manchester United!!!

Marin Etcheberry is living up to his £36.5mil Value Tag and scored twice. Scott Charlton also stood forward and smashed 2 past the Keeper. 1 other player who i've had a lot of faith in and i think is a future striker for FC United, Quincy Charlier scored the final goal :)

I bet Ken Fagerberg isn't happy! He left my team because he preferred to be at a bigger club haha!

[Edit]

Friendly Cup

FC United 5 - 0 Manchester United

FC United 9 - 0 FC United Reserves

FC United 1 - 0 Chelsea

3 wins out of 3, 3 clean sheets and 15 goals scored :)

Revenge is Sweet! FC United v FC Bayern.

Last season in the Champions League final FC Bayern had a dream refferee. He sent off Nathan Foster off and i'm sure it was a match fixing scandle. They took full advantage of my 10 man squad out on the pitch and battered us 2 - 0!

Today we played FC Bayern in a Friendly match which i asked for so my players could hit back and show FC Bayern who the true Champions are! Nathan Foster was a definate start in this game and in the 52nd minute, the exact minute he was sent off in the Champions League Final, he scored from 20 Yards!!!

Nathan Foster scored the only goal of the game. We controlled large parts of the game, but FC Bayern did show they did at least deserve to be finalists by having a good go at us in 2 periods of the game, coming close.

In the end, i'm happy we won and it wasn't just a friendly, it was revenge :) Also lots of revenge for Nathan Foster.

That's the bit I'm not sure on, I've never been one for using editors or unofficially created data.

Fair call, I have to say. I don't see a reason why this challenge can't continue as it is then, with a seperate challenge for those of us who have waited years to start at some ridiculous level of the pyramid :D

Still undecided, but I'm leaning towards keeping things as they are.

I hope that you do end up keeping the challenge the same dafuge.

My reason is that there are currently 7 leagues in total from Premiership to Blue Square North/South. If the English league structure is extended with the competition editor to say, Level 10, as has been said by an SI employee, that's a hell of a lot of new leagues. There will be 46 in total if the English league structure goes all the way down to Level 10.

The processing power to run an addition 39 leagues (over 6 times what it currently is) will make the game a lot slower (if not unbearable) for the majority of the people who usually partake in this challenge. Personally, I'm unwilling to add so much more processing time to the game for the sake of having a few more clubs.

Please give this some thought when making your decision, cheers.

I hope that you do end up keeping the challenge the same dafuge.

My reason is that there are currently 7 leagues in total from Premiership to Blue Square North/South. If the English league structure is extended with the competition editor to say, Level 10, as has been said by an SI employee, that's a hell of a lot of new leagues. There will be 46 in total if the English league structure goes all the way down to Level 10.

The processing power to run an addition 39 leagues (over 6 times what it currently is) will make the game a lot slower (if not unbearable) for the majority of the people who usually partake in this challenge. Personally, I'm unwilling to add so much more processing time to the game for the sake of having a few more clubs.

Please give this some thought when making your decision, cheers.

I'd already decided a while ago that if there was going to be any change, it would be to add just one more level and no further.

This is possibly a very good reason to keep things as they are, as I'm sure there are a fair few people interested in going lower than level 7, which would be better off in a separate thread.

Hednesford Town - 2022/23 Season - Premier League

Finished: 5th

Expected Finish: 9th

With the club set to leave Keys Park for a new 26,114 capacity stadium I was keen to make this season one to remember. My target was to have European Football for the following campaign to make the first season in the new ground memorable. I also attempted to try and get the training and youth side of the club sorted out. With the board pestered to improve the facilities I drafted in some quality coaches to try and get things moving along. Hopefully over the next couple of seasons we can start to have some luck. Whilst we are still being back heavily it is important for the club to start standing on its own two feet. This means getting money in from the turnstyles and young players coming through.

Signings weren't as heavy as previous seasons. I was looking to build on the team and existing contracts didn't allow me to move things about too much. However we did splash out on Duane Hickman for £28.5 million. He turned into an instant success and with him banging in the goals Arsenal paid £51 million for him during January. This led to us having a real wobble and I ploughed some money into Danny Woods from Hull. He finished the season with four goals from nine but isn't in the same league as Hickman. In the end we just about made it. Four wins from our last six and an excellent draw against Arsenal saw us sneak the last European spot at the expense of Liverpool.

Time for the new ground and hopefully we can kick on.

Season        League                         League Finish                  Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2009/10       Blue Square North              12th                           None
2010/11       Blue Square North              9th                            FA Cup 3rd Round
2011/12       Blue Square North              3rd                            Play-off winners
2012/13       Blue Square Premier            23rd                           Relegated
2013/14       Blue Square North              1st                            Champions
2014/15       Blue Square Premier            1st                            Champions + FA Trophy final
2015/16       League Two                     1st                            Champions
2016/17       League One                     1st                            Champions + JPT Winners
2017/18       Championship                   16th                           Came close to getting the sack this season
2018/19       Championship                   11th                           None
2019/20       Champiosnhip                   1st                            Champions
2020/21       Premiership                    13th                           FA Cup Semi-finals
2021/22       Premiership                    10th                           League Cup Quarter Finals
2022/23       Premiership                    5th                            Qualified for Europe

Dartford FC - Barclays Premier League - 2037/38

Last season, despite the 'youth only' transfer policy we managed a clean sweep of the trophies.

League Table

League Positions Graph

It looked highly likely that we were going to surrender our PL title to Chelsea as they dominated the league early on. Towards the end of the season they started slipping and we just got stronger and stronger, sealing our 17th consecutive title.

Community Shield - a fairly even match went to penalties thanks to a last gasp equaliser.

UEFA Super Cup - despite dominating it took penalties to win this one.

Club World Cup - our ten men made easy work of Chivas, although it came late.

Carling Cup - similar to the community shield, they equalised late to take it to penalties.

FA Cup - yet another dominant display and yet another penalty win.

UEFA Champions League - it was looking like the same old story until a late blast from Rayan Mondoloni.

Transfers - one unhappy player and two signings were sold. As usual, no one was brought in.

Squad - there are still a lot of key players who I have signed but the youth players are pulling their weight.

Squad (youth products) - five players now who could be considered important first team players.

Key Player Profiles:

Oswaldo Even - with well over 600 goals for the club, he is a true legend. Sadly he is coming towards the end of his career and has made way for the new generation by filling in at left wing for a lot of the season.

Shayne Hall - the golden boy of the new generation, I'm pinning my hopes on him to replace Even.

Bryan Bent - a bit of a utility player but this 'explosive full back' is a great asset.

Ken Johnson - my first 'wonderkid' from my youth system, he's overcome his early injury problems to take a leading role.

Gary Glider - my second 'wonderkid', he is giving me great balance on the other wing.

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2009/10   Blue Square South        1st         BSS Champions, promoted
2010/11   Blue Square Premier      1st         BSP Champions, Setanta Shield and FA Trophy winners
2011/12   Coca-Cola League 2       2nd         Promoted
2012/13   Coca-Cola League 1       5th         Lost in playoff final
2013/14   Coca-Cola League 1       3rd         Lost in playoff final
2014/15   Coca-Cola League 1       2nd         Promoted
2015/16   Coca-Cola Championship   14th
2016/17   Coca-Cola Championship   5th         Lost in playoff semi
2017/18   Coca-Cola Championship   8th
2018/19   Coca-Cola Championship   2nd         Promoted
2019/20   Barclays Premier League  15th
2020/21   Barclays Premier League  7th         Carling Cup winners
2021/22   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League champions and Europa League winners
2022/23   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League champions
2023/24   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League champions and Champions League winners
2024/25   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL champions, FA Cup, Carling Cup, World Club and CL winners
2025/26   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League champions, World Club and CL winners
2026/27   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL champions, FA Cup, Carling Cup, World Club and CL winners
2027/28   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL champions, FA Cup, Carling Cup, World Club and CL winners
2028/29   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL champions, FA Cup, World Club and CL winners
2029/30   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL champions, World Club and CL winners
2030/31   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL champions, World Club and Carling Cup winners
2031/32   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League champions and Champions League winners
2032/33   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League champions and Club World Cup winners
2033/34   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League champions, Carling Cup, and CL winners
2034/35   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League champions, FA Cup, and World Club winners
2035/36   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League champions and Champions League winners
2036/37   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL champions, FA Cup, Carling Cup, World Club and CL winners
2037/38   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL champions, FA Cup, Carling Cup, World Club and CL winners

Next Season

With two clean sweeps there is not a lot more I can ask if this team. My only two remaining hopes are a new stadium to replace the 65000 seater which cannot be expanded and a son. By the looks of things, neither of these are going to happen.

With the impending release of FM10, my time on this game is quickly running out. Sadly I'm not going to have the time to see my youth players control the team and replace the last few remaining signings. I think I will be completing perhaps just one more season with this career, perhaps two at a push.

England - World Cup - 2038

Qualification was pretty much secure before I took over, so I took the opportunity to give my own Dartford players the chance of some international experience. I've decided, very selfishly, that I will be using my best Dartford players as much as possible in the upcoming World Cup in South Africa.

England vs Mexico (group stage)

I took the brave move of putting out an all Dartford team and they were lucky to come away with a draw.

Turkey vs England (group stage)

Once again the all Dartford team went out and once again they failed to get the right result. On a positive note, Shayne Hall got his first goal for England.

England vs Egypt (group stage)

We got the win we needed by abandoning the all Dartford approach.

Final Group Table

We missed out on top spot by goals scored, but at least we qualified.

Australia vs England (2nd round)

Perhaps the most undeserved call up from Dartford proved everybody wrong by grabbing the winner in a close match.

England vs Spain (quarter final)

We were the second best team but Spain failed to make the most of their chances. My decision to drop my Dartford goalie in favour of an uncapped 29 year old turned out to be a master strike as he claimed the man of the match award and saved a penalty.

Italy vs England (semi final)

After taking an early two goal lead all we needed to do was to hang on for the win. My former team bounced back immediately but did just enough to reach the final.

England vs France (final)

I couldn't resist the opportunity and gambled by putting out an all Dartford team. Sadly it proved to be a mistake as a France team featuring three current and three former Dartford players were just too strong for us. Former Dartford player Andrei Preda got the opener and at 2-0 down things looked desperate. Shayne Hall got us back in the game but the sending off ended our hopes of an unlikely comeback.

International Career Overview

Season     Country       Competition                   Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2025       Brazil        Confederations Cup            Winners
2026       Brazil        FIFA World Cup                Winners
2027       Brazil        Copa America                  Quarter finalists
2028       Switzerland   European Championship         Group stage
2029       England       Confederations Cup            Winners
2030       England       FIFA World Cup                Semi finalists
2032       Spain         European Championship         Group stage
2033       Jamaica       Gold Cup                      Group Stage
2034       Ghana         FIFA World Cup                Winners
2036       Italy         European Championship         Semi Finalists
2037       Romania       FIFA World Cup qualifying     Left to join England
2038       England       FIFA World Cup                Finalists

Next Season

The FA were satisfied with my performance decided to keep me on as manager. I might have time to play two more seasons but I have a feeling that this World Cup could be my last international competition on FM09, just a shame it ended this way.

With the impending release of FM10, my time on this game is quickly running out. Sadly I'm not going to have the time to see my youth players control the team and replace the last few remaining signings. I think I will be completing perhaps just one more season with this career, perhaps two at a push.

ived come to the same conclusion in my game. Although i would love to see out Hawleys career he is only 22 and im not gonna play that many seasons anyway. My youth doesnt seem to have the same quality as your guys, and noone of them is really key players.

Looking forward to the FM 10 challenge tho!

2016-2017 Season Review-Dover Athletic-CCL1

This season review will be quite short. We were heavily tipped to go straight back down to League two after our promotion but a good few early results saw us at the top of the table. We slipped down a bit before gaining momentum to give us a large cushion over third going into the last four games all we needed was 4 points in 4 games to get back to back promotions. We lost the three games but a great win against Nottingham Forest saw us go up on goal difference. There is no real cup activity to talk about as we did our usual poor performances in the cup.

This might be my last full season on FM09 because of FM10 coming out but I will give the Championship a go. I started the challenge in August and after seeing how good it is it will be my first game on FM10.

League Table-2nd

Transfers

Archived