dafuge's FM09 challenge

Dafuge, i'm not playing my merthyr game any longer so i downloaded one of the editors to see if i can solve the issue of the number of scouts. i had 18 scouts and a contintal rep and i changed all the variables i could think of like rep, chairmans stats, finances etc.

The only time it changed to 22 scouts was when i ticked the sugar daddy option - hamilton will no doubt be pleased to hear this ;)

I had a feeling that was the case. Looks like I'll need a new chairman if I'm ever going to get 20 scouts :(

• Replies 19.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It looks like I may have a natural successor to Oswaldo Even:

Shayne Hall - Coach Report

He's a bit of a winger/striker so I'm not sure which is his best position yet but he looks talented enough in either. My assistant seems to think that AMR is his best position but I may try and turn him into a striker.

Even's successor :cool:

Interesting, I wonder if it is something to do with having an ambitious chairman? I think hamilton had a tycoon takeover which might explain his.

Yep, i had a tycoon takeover just as i got promoted into the Premier League, which may explain it to some extent!

and that youth player Puckett's iirc, unbelievably massive rise in all stats, as well as an England cap in his first season at the club.

I wish that could happen with one of my players, they only seem to improve when they hit about 20.

All 3 of my Youth Player's in my Newcastle save game have the potential to be starter's, but even the oldest who is 19 is still only a 'leading player for a league 2 side'. I've tried giving him games in cup competition's but he's predictably crap in them and I'd rather he play in my reserves than at a BSP/CCL2 side because their training facilities will be awful.

It could also explain a lot of the other crazy stuff that has happened in your game, like the new stadium.

Indeed it could.

and that youth player Puckett's iirc, unbelievably massive rise in all stats, as well as an England cap in his first season at the club.
I wish that could happen with one of my players, they only seem to improve when they hit about 20.

tbh, him and Marc are the only YP's to have significantly improved their stats when they're under 20, Pitcher etc. only improved afterwards. Puckett's stats improvement could be down to the amount of first team action he got.

As far as I've heard, the generally accepted reasoning behind the difference between the talent levels of regen 'keepers and outfield players is that the outfield players are more likely to get first teamk football than 'keepers, and first team football is absolutely vital to developing players. Maybe you should consider loaning them out so they can play games.

As far as I've heard, the generally accepted reasoning behind the difference between the talent levels of regen 'keepers and outfield players is that the outfield players are more likely to get first teamk football than 'keepers, and first team football is absolutely vital to developing players. Maybe you should consider loaning them out so they can play games.

I've been playing my hot prospects from the game of 16:

Caddis age 16

Caddis age 17

That is just not in the same league as this:

Puckett age 16

Puckett age 17

Would 20 odd extra games really make that much difference? If so, I'm going to have to try it.

Dafuge, i've seen a thread recently that tested ca and hence attrributes, the thread suggested that the rate of ability increase depends all most entirely on professionalism and the higher it is, the greater the rate of that increase.

it suggested it was exponential, i.e there is a big difference even between 18 and 20 in professionalism.

Dafuge, i've seen a thread recently that tested ca and hence attrributes, the thread suggested that the rate of ability increase depends all most entirely on professionalism and the higher it is, the greater the rate of that increase.

it suggested it was exponential, i.e there is a big difference even between 18 and 20 in professionalism.

Maybe that's it then, I must admit though I never thought a +6/7 on almost every attribute was possible under any circumstances. Perhaps I've just been unlucky with low professionalism attributes (I'm assuming that's a hidden attribute?).

Maybe that's it then, I must admit though I never thought a +6/7 on almost every attribute was possible under any circumstances. Perhaps I've just been unlucky with low professionalism attributes (I'm assuming that's a hidden attribute?).

yes its hidden, but some of the personalities can give you a clue, professional or model professional along with some others, Lyssien's guide to personalities gives the full details of what personalities mean.

Caddis age 16

Caddis age 17

Puckett age 16

Puckett age 17

Would 20 odd extra games really make that much difference? If so, I'm going to have to try it.

The extra games might make a difference, although i had him on a custom training schedule and i had him tutored as well :thup:

He's listed as "Vey Professional" on his profile screen i think (or something along those lines) which would add to this theory :thup:

Catafans thread on young player development

That seems to suggest that my 26 games was the ideal amount to give, and 46 could well have a negative effect in the player.

Looks like the professionalism may be the deciding factor then, has anyone else seen an increase anything like +6/7 in one year?

So, after taking most of the past week off from playing FM, I resumed my game today. I drew the second leg with BATE, so I'm into the group stages of the EURO Cup... where I was promptly drawn into a group with Dortmund, Palermo and the Romanian Champions FC Timisoara. Yay. :( At least there should be plenty of cash there, since I doubt I'm going to get as lucky as I did in the LEgaue CUp with weakened teams in a continental compatition.

Interestingly, there are only three English teams in the group stages of the European Champions Cup, because Manchester United went out in qualifying. It means there's a possiblity of a United/City final in the EURO Cup.

Caddis age 16

Caddis age 17

Puckett age 16

Puckett age 17

Huh, I didn't know player weights were dynamic. I've never noticed that before.

I've never seem development on that scale before. I've seen that level of development in a few slect skills with a combination of quality match experience and a training schedule designed to develop the necessary attributes, but never across the board development like that.

Finally, after years and years I have my first wonderkid from my own youth team.

Ken Johnson

This is his fourth year at the club and he's starting to become a first team regular after playing around 25 games for the last two seasons. Hopefully there will be a few more to join him over the next few years as I look to the youth to take this club forward.

Why is it that whenever we top the league, we start playing like a team fighting relegation? It happened last year when we were in the BSN and couldn't put together more than two wins after January. Now that we're top of the BSP, we can't seem to string together more than two wins and it's January. I'm lucky that my closest challenger, Bournemouth, keep dropping points as well.

It's really infuriating.

Haven't got the time to post a long report today, but after finishing the season I can confirmt that we have won the BSP and will be playing in League 2 next year...

Blue Sqaure Premier - Final

It was a long, grueling and tough season with no easy matches but we got there in the end. You wouldn't believe how tight it was towards the end with the top four all swapping positions. If I hadn't drawn so many games, we would've made a 100 points but it was not to be. Of course that doesn't matter anymore as we've been promoted.

Heres Hawleys progress note that this is just for a half season

Unfortunaly i dont have a SS when i first got him but he has rised unbelivable in almost all stats.

wouldnt Pucketts 2 caps also have some to say as well?

In other news i got my World Class Midfielder(Ballard) to become a centre back in description instead, actually i have never noticed that you could go from Accomplished to natural, but this guy did it and now i have by far the best back line in the world :

DR DL DC DC

Heres Hawleys progress note that this is just for a half season

Unfortunaly i dont have a SS when i first got him but he has rised unbelivable in almost all stats.

wouldnt Pucketts 2 caps also have some to say as well?

In other news i got my World Class Midfielder(Ballard) to become a centre back in description instead, actually i have never noticed that you could go from Accomplished to natural, but this guy did it and now i have by far the best back line in the world :

DR DL DC DC

Puckett's 2 caps could have something to do with it, although i doubt they made much of a difference tbh.

That's some back like you've got there as well kaNovi :thup:

Puckett's 2 caps could have something to do with it, although i doubt they made much of a difference tbh.

That's some back like you've got there as well kaNovi :thup:

I've noticed that when a young player is on international duty their attributes rise faster, remember this is state of the art training facilities with the national team.

Awesome :cool: Haven't seen you in here in ages mate, good luck with trying to complete the challenge :thup:

Yeah, I am going to give it another go. I think i may try and play beautiful football this time which was some of the problem last time.

Yeah, I am going to give it another go. I think i may try and play beautiful football this time which was some of the problem last time.

It's great when it pays off, i've become used to it over the past 7 seasons or so! :D

Remind me, what season & what division are you in? IIRC it's the Premier League but i'm not sure :o

[Edit]: Whoops, EPL it is!

Dover Athletic-2015-16 Season Review-CCL2

I was hoping for a good season this season as it was my fourth in the division and I thought my team could progress. The board expectation was playoffs, the media expectation was 7th and I expected automatic promotion.

We were always around the top places in the league and coming to the last game of the season we had 84 points in 2nd, Bournmouth 83 3rd and Kidderminster 82 in 4th. We were at home to Kidderminster on the last game so we knew we needed only a draw.

Kidderminster scored early in the 2nd half but we replied almost instantly and they didn't have another chance and the 1-1 draw saw us promoted in 3rd behind Bournmouth and Crewe.

In the League Cup we knocked out Millwall in the first round and then Swansea in the second round before losing heavily to Man City in the 3rd round.

I didn't make many purchases this year and the bank balance is quite heavily in the red.

Next year I hope to not get relgated and to improve the bank balance

League Table-3rd

League Positions Graph

FA Cup-2nd round-Rotherham

League Cup-3rd round-Man City

JPT-2nd round-Colchester

Transfers

Manager Overview

It's great when it pays off, i've become used to it over the past 7 seasons or so! :D

Remind me, what season & what division are you in? IIRC it's the Premier League but i'm not sure :o

[Edit]: Whoops, EPL it is!

Epl and Cl 2019/20

It is hard work atm to get them to create enough chances and to keep the ball a bit more.

Epl and Cl 2019/20

It is hard work atm to get them to create enough chances and to keep the ball a bit more.

You'll get there in the end, it takes time for the players to get used to the sudden change in tactics. But when they've adapted to it, there will be no stopping them! :D:thup:

MikaelS - Chippenham - End of Season 12 (2020/2021)

Premier League Prediction - 2nd

Premier League Position - 1st

F.A Cup - Winners (v Arsenal)

League Cup - Winners (v Chelsea)

Community Shield - Winners (v Arsenal)

European Super Cup - Winners (v Aston Villa)

Champions League - Winners (v Aston Villa)

Club World Championship - Winners (v Giurare Yokohama)

Premier League (1st) - League Table | League Graph

PL Summary

Cruising the league.

Domestic Cups

I won the FA Cup, the League Cup, the Community Shield. This year all 3 matches were a tough match.

European Cups

Once again Aston Villa were our opponent in the Super Cup. We controlled the match and with a red card, they couldn't win. In the end we secured it 2-1.

Champions League started out with some easy matches setting us on top of Group E. 1st Knockout stage saw us travel to Ukraine for away match against Dinamo Kiev. They actually battled us hard but the single strike from Catalano gave us an important 1-0 win. We've been pretty dominant at Chippenham Stadium and Dinamo were sent home to Ukraine with a 5-0 loss.

Next up in the Quarter Finals, the first of two english teams were our opponent. Man City have been pretty solid this year but with a 2-0 win at home and a 2-0 win away they were easily beaten. We faced mighty Inter in the semis but with a solid 6-2 win away, the home match was a walkover. We controlled that one to a 2-0 win.

In the finals we saw Aston Villa who really have been stronger and stronger. They didn't stand a chance though and I secured the 2-0 win easily. Once again I could raise the CL trophy.

I don't know why I even bother the Club World Championships. A 6-0 win over OC Khouribga in the semis and a 5-0 win over Giurare Yokohama in the Final, provided me with the title once again.

Best Elevens - Overall | Season

Record Sheet - Player Records | Team Records

Manager Info

Manager Overview

Manager Profile

Manager Personal

Manager Information

Team Info

Information Overview

Information Stats

Information Facts

Information Stadium/Facilities

Other Info

Player Selection

Finances

Wages

Transfers

Affiliated Clubs 1 | Affiliated Clubs 2

Staff 1 | Staff 2

Players of the Season

Steve Mandanda - Solid as ever despite being 36. My suberb defence probably is the main reason for it but 31 clean sheets is absolutely approved. I've brought in Santamaria as a future star.

Frank Langåker - This season Frank was the first choice of the right back. 11 assists.

David Baker - Oh he keeps playing fantastic. 16 goals and 13 assists. He's my key midfelder.

Nick Featherstone - He is still playing very solid. The rock of my defence.

Greg Bennett - he still did fantastic considering Frank got most matches.

Diego Carrillo - Another good season from him this season. 21 assists.

Richard Edusei - Another breathtaking season with another 45 goals. I love him :)

Richard Watson - I needed another striker after Keirrison became unhappy. 18 goals and 14 assists is an okay season.

Carlos Griffiths - I wanted him to build on last season and he returned 25 goals.

Chippenham Awards

Fans Player of The Year - Richard Edusei

Edusei got 1st in Club World Championship Best Player

Griffiths got 2nd in Club World Championship Best Player

Carrillo got 3rd in Club World Championship Best Player

Baker got 2nd in World Footballer of the Year

Carrillo got 3rd in World Footballer of the Year

Edusei got 1st in World Player of the Year

Players on World Team of the Year - 4

Edusei got 1st in European Champions Cup Best Player

Carrillo got 2nd in European Champions Cup Best Player

Edusei got 1st in European Champions Cup Golden Boot

Players on European Champions Cup Dream Team - 7

Baker got 1st in English Footballer of the Year

Watson got 2nd in English Footballer of the Year

Edusei got 1st in English Players' Player of the Year

Griffiths got 3rd in English Players' Player of the Year

Schøler got 1st in English PL Manager of the Year

Players on English Players' Premier Division Dream Team - 8

New Chippenham Records

Most goals scored in a match - 5 (Edusei)

Unbeaten run - 56 matches

Average attendance - 37935

Highest average rating - 7.61 (Edusei)

Season Summary

Nothing new in this :)

Other News

Richest clubs see Chippenham rank as 2nd richest.

Club coefficients see Chippenham remain as number 1

New kit sponsorship, worth 60 mill per annum

I've taken on the Holland job after they approached me.

Game Summary

Season         League                   Position                Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=2375695&postcount=6544"]2009/10[/url]        Blue Square South        1st place (103 points)  Division Champions, FA Trophy
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=2516442&postcount=8314"]2010/11[/url]        Blue Square Premier      1st place (107 points)  Division Champions, Conference League, FA Trophy
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=2626059&postcount=9541"]2011/12[/url]        Coca-Cola League 2       1st place (117 points)  Division Champions
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=2757647&postcount=10737"]2012/13[/url]        Coca-Cola League 1       1st place (95 points)   Division Champions, Johnstone Paint Trophy
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=2880268&postcount=11662"]2013/14[/url]        Coca-Cola Championship   1st place (92 points)   Division Champions
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=3037354&postcount=12832"]2014/15[/url]        Premier League           9th place (49 points)   League Cup
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=3405284&postcount=15873"]2015/16[/url]        Premier League           2nd place (88 points)   FA Cup, League Cup, Euro Cup
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=3425414&postcount=15966"]2016/17[/url]        Premier League           1st place (104 points)  Division Champions, FA Cup, League Cup, European Super Cup,
                                                               Champions League
                   -------------- CHALLENGE COMPLETE --------------
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=3662897&postcount=17608"]2017/18[/url]        Premier League           1st place (104 points)  Division Champions, FA Cup, League Cup, European Super Cup,
                                                               Champions League, Club World Championships
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=3733460&postcount=18448"]2018/19[/url]        Premier League           1st place (110 points)  Division Champions, FA Cup, League Cup, European Super Cup,
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=3733460&postcount=18448"]2019/20[/url]        Premier League           1st place (114 points)  Division Champions, FA Cup, League Cup, European Super Cup,
[url="http://2020/21"]2020/21[/url]        Premier League           1st place (114 points)  Division Champions, FA Cup, League Cup, European Super Cup,

New Youth Intake

James Wilson - M R/L/C - Profile | Coach Report

Once again I offload one.

Wow, you literally won every single game you played. That's incredible stuff.

I could probably do with some advice, you are obviously doing something very different to me as even with the best players I still draw a lot and lose the odd game. I'm assuming it is your tactics, do you play with a very attacking tactic?

I could probably do with some advice, you are obviously doing something very different to me as even with the best players I still draw a lot and lose the odd game. I'm assuming it is your tactics, do you play with a very attacking tactic?

He's done it for 2 seasons in a row, it's mightily impressive :eek: I'd assume he uses a very attacking tactic, he scored on average 2.6 goals a game last year in the EPL :cool:

I've been using the same set of tactics almost from the very beginning. I use TheBetterHalf's tactics - mostly the attack and attack away.

In the lower leagues I blended the tactics alot because I wasn't the strongest team. I had to play careful and adjust the tactic accordingly. When I went into PL and got the stronger team, I almost always play Attack, sometimes with counterattack ticked.

Thought I'd post a quick update.

Transfers

Some big names in there and which will hopefully give the squad enough qaulity to stay in the divison this year. At the price of being nearly £1,000 over the wage budget, unfortunately, so we may well end up in the red by the end of the season.

After 4 games, we've won 1, drawn 2 and lost 1 so not a bad start. We got dumped out of the Carling Cup, losing 5-1 to Peterborough so there goes a good source of money. Just the JPT Trophy and the FA Cup left to rely on for finances.

Thought I'd post a quick update.

Transfers

Some big names in there and which will hopefully give the squad enough qaulity to stay in the divison this year. At the price of being nearly £1,000 over the wage budget, unfortunately, so we may well end up in the red by the end of the season.

After 4 games, we've won 1, drawn 2 and lost 1 so not a bad start. We got dumped out of the Carling Cup, losing 5-1 to Peterborough so there goes a good source of money. Just the JPT Trophy and the FA Cup left to rely on for finances.

I wouldn't rely on the JPT to provide good income tbh, the FA Cup is much better, providing you get to the 3rd round and draw a Premier League team away :thup:

Gypsum's Marine - End of season update - 2042/43

Coca-Cola League 2 - 2nd place

A fairly good start saw us flirting with the playoff places for most of the season. But towards the end our consistent form, despite some injuries, saw us rise into the automatic promotion spots.

Squad summary;

General squad info

Key players;

Nathan Pritchard - MC - The veteran midfielder had a surprisingly impressive run of form this season. His playmaking and support of the front two won us many points. Unlikely to remain in the first-team squad for next season.

Ian Foster - AMR - The winger had another impressive season for Marine. His skill and creativity down the wing showed him as almost too good for this division.

Peter Burton - AMRC/FC - A former Merthyr youth product had another good season, despite not having a regular first team place. Can always be relied on to produce, no matter how often he plays or what position.

Theo Snowdon - DR - His lightning pace and astonishing athleticism has proved crucial in this division, whether tracking back or flying down the wing. And his work ethic has endeared him to the fans and made him an integral part of the squad.

Year             League    Position      Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2009/10          BSS        1st
2010/11          BSP        1st
2011/12          L2         1st
2012/13          L1         4th           FA Cup Semi-finalists
2013/14          CH         6th 
2014/15          CH         5th          Qualified via playoffs / FA Cup quarter finalists
2015/16          PL         7th
2016/17          PL         2nd          UEFA Cup winners
2017/18          PL         3rd
2018/19          PL         1st           League cup winners / Champions league winners
2019/20          PL         1st           Champions league winners
2020/21          PL         1st           Champions league winners
2021/22          PL         1st           FA Cup winners
2022/23          PL         1st           Champions league winners
2023/24          PL         1st           Champions league winners / League cup winners
2024/25          PL         1st           Champions league winners
2025/26          PL         1st           Champions league winners / League cup winners
2026/27          PL         1st           Champions league winners
2027/28          PL         1st           Champions league winners
2028/29          PL         1st           Champions league winners / FA Cup winners / League cup winners
2029/30          PL         1st           Champions league winners
2030/31          PL         1st           FA Cup winners
2031/32          PL         1st           Champions league winners / League cup winners 
2032/33          PL         1st           Champions league winners / FA Cup winners
2033/34          PL         1st           Champions league winners
2034/35          PL         1st        
2035/36          PL         1st           Champions league winners   
2036/37          PL         1st        
2037/38          PL         1st           Champions league winners
2038/39          PL         1st           Champions league winners / League cup winners
2039/40          PL         1st           Champions league winners

Took over as manager of Marine

2040/41         BSN        4th          Playoff winners
2041/42         BSP        1st 
2042/43         L2          2nd

Archived