dafuge's FM09 challenge

• Replies 19.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AngelsshatterLiverpoolatWembley.jpg

Fantastic achievement!

I've decided to restart, things have been going abysmally and we are well of the pace when we shouldnt be, so I was likely to get the sack anyways...

So, I've chosen Dartford for my new game, hopefully we can do better in the BSS then the BSN.

http://img3.imageshack.us/i/dafugehfd.jpg/

Good Luck with Dartford :thup:

League Cup win in League 1!

That's almost as crazy as Hamilton's game :D

hahahaha :D But not as crazy as Nep's Knockbreda save! Congrats again DizzyIzzyB13 =]

Hamilton has previously said he has 'absolutely no intention of ever putting his game up' even after he is done with it iirc.

This is correct. If it were not for the cheating accusations and the fact that my internet is rubbish to say the least, i would upload it. However, i'm not going to upload it unfortunately as i don't want things like the PA of my players to be revealed etc.

Sorry =[

Hitchin Town - 2012/2013 - League 2

Coca Cola League 2- 1st (Promoted as Champions) - Table

It was another tight season for my Hitchin Town side as although we was promoted with three games to spare, it went down to the final game to see where the Coca Cola League 2 Championship would go home to. Similiar to the previous season it showed a three way battle for the title in which us, Kidderminster and Barnet featured. Our route to taking the title home was simple, beat 12th place Brentford at out home ground Top Field and it was ours. Kidderminsters and Barnet was alot more complicated, Kidderminster would have to hope that we did not achieve victory against Brentford and then eithier draw (if we were to lose) or beat (if we were to draw) Morecambe. Barnet would require both us and Kidderminster to lose and then have to beat 4th place Stockport. Although all these calculations were nothing but dust after we quite easily dominated the game against Brentford going 2-0 nil up without much effort only for Brentford to score a break away consolation goal in the closing stages. My success this season is mainly down to two very key sigings in Guinean Striker Abdoul Karim Bangoura and young Scottish right back Tony Ross.

League Cup - 1st Round: Hitchin 5-0 Crystal Palace

2nd Round: Portsmouth 6-2 Hitchin

FA Cup - 1st Round: Hitchin 0-2 Tranmere

Johnstone Paint Trophy - 1st Round: Dag and Red 1-0 Hitchin

Squad

Transfers

Main Players

Rene Steer- Only remaining regular first team player since playing in the Blue Square South Division.

Tony Ross - Signed from Peterhead for a low sum of £10,000 in the January transfer window and excelled in league 2, looks a good prospect.

Clayton Fortune - Experienced Centre Back is the rock on which the defence are laid upon.

Ismail Yakubu - Arriving on a free from Accrington, is Clayton Fortune's partner at centre back.

Jamie Winter - Plays behind Giles Coke in the Defensive Midfield position, offering presence going forward and in front of the back four.

Giles Coke - Talented Central midfield player offering a good range of passing and quality in

the middle of the pitch.

Jo Kuffour - Very experienced uncapped Ghanian striker/attacking midfield right, terrorised left backs towards the end of the season.

Gabor Beke - Young Hungarian Left Winger , signed in January on a free and is starting to show real promise

Tom Pope - Signed while in the Blue Square Premier as a replacement for Elliot Benyon, very tall striker with a strong presence in the air and good eye for goal.

Key Man - Abdoul Karim Bangoura - The red hot Guinean hitman was signed at the beginning of the season for £95,000 from Guinean premier divsion team AS Kaloum. His dribbling and finishing terrorised league 2 opposition all season. He finshed the season with 21 goals from 44 league appearances.

Match of the Season - Hitchin 5-0 Crystal Palace

Dissapointment of the Season - Portsmouth 6-2 Hitchin and Hitchin 0-3 Stockport

Signing of the season - Abdoul Karim Bangoura

Worst Signing of the season - George Boateng (Made two league appearances)

Finances - Balance - £643,000

Aims for next season - 1) Sign another quality striker to partner Bangoura

2) Stabilise position within League 1

Dartford FC - Barclays Premier League - 2034/35

With performances on the slide and the total dominance a distant memory, it was time to add a different angle to my Dartford team. I've finally made the decision to rely on my youth products, even if our success suffers because of it. I'm going to try not to buy any more players, instead I will be using the players promoted through my own academy. I'm going to keep the players I've bought at the club until the end of their careers, so the current superstars will stay for now to help us into this new era.

League Table

League Positions Graph

Last season we were pushed really hard by Arsenal and I was expecting this to be the first season where we lost our title in ages. Surprisingly, it was the opposite. Arsenal were not the force they were last season and we seemed to improve.

Community Shield - a fairly even match that could have gone either way which we won by the odd goal.

UEFA Super Cup - almost a replica of the Community Shield only Man City got the odd goal this time.

Club World Cup - easy stuff as usual.

Carling Cup - the youngsters were put out for the whole tournament so there was no shame in this loss.

FA Cup - revenge was sweet.

UEFA Champions League - I played my youth players throughout the group, which nearly cost us a place in the nest round. Things were going well until we reached semis. Semi leg 1 - it was a fairly even game so this scoreline was a bit harsh. Semi leg 2 - we battered them but it was all over once they scored, we won the match but were never going to win on aggregate. Since 2030 we have only won the CL every other year, will this run continue next season?

Transfers - with the new policy no players were brought in and a few signings were sold to give youth players a chance.

Squad - this is everyone who really featured this season, including my reserves.

Squad (youth products) - these are the players who have come from my own youth system. There's no real superstars there but they are more than capable of making it in the big time.

Key Player Profiles:

Oswaldo Even - the legend is on his way out as he had what is considered a poor season by his high standards. He's got a chance over the next few seasons of reaching the 500 mark but I will need to start looking for a replacement at some point.

Rayan Mondoloni - he was signed a backup player but he has been superb this season and looks like our best player at the moment.

Marco Emonts - yet another superb season from the record signing.

Bryan Bent - the first of my youth players to benefit from the new policy, the coaches don't rate him that highly but his decent physical attributes and versatility mean I'll be using him regularly.

Ken Johnson - he had the potential to be the next big thing as he is raved about by the coaches and plays in a weak position for us. Sadly, he has had a tough time with injuries so his chances have been limited.

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2009/10   Blue Square South        1st         BSS Champions, promoted
2010/11   Blue Square Premier      1st         BSP Champions, Setanta Shield and FA Trophy winners
2011/12   Coca-Cola League 2       2nd         Promoted
2012/13   Coca-Cola League 1       5th         Lost in playoff final
2013/14   Coca-Cola League 1       3rd         Lost in playoff final
2014/15   Coca-Cola League 1       2nd         Promoted
2015/16   Coca-Cola Championship   14th
2016/17   Coca-Cola Championship   5th         Lost in playoff semi
2017/18   Coca-Cola Championship   8th
2018/19   Coca-Cola Championship   2nd         Promoted
2019/20   Barclays Premier League  15th
2020/21   Barclays Premier League  7th         Carling Cup winners
2021/22   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League champions and Europa League winners
2022/23   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League champions
2023/24   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League champions and Champions League winners
2024/25   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL champions, FA Cup, Carling Cup, World Club and CL winners
2025/26   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League champions, World Club and CL winners
2026/27   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL champions, FA Cup, Carling Cup, World Club and CL winners
2027/28   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL champions, FA Cup, Carling Cup, World Club and CL winners
2028/29   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL champions, FA Cup, World Club and CL winners
2029/30   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL champions, World Club and CL winners
2030/31   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL champions, World Club and Carling Cup winners
2031/32   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League champions and Champions League winners
2032/33   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League champions and Club World Cup winners
2033/34   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League champions, Carling Cup, and CL winners
2034/35   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League champions, FA Cup, and World Club winners

Next Season

Naturally, the CL is my main target yet again but I'm hoping for some decent youth players I can introduce. I could really do with a new striker but we'll wait and see.

The way the coeefficients are scored, I don't believe either competition is weighted more, it all depends on how many games you win and how many goals you score.

That's why Barca are top, they scored more points then me as they got to play in the qualifying rounds when I didn't. To get more points in Europe I would have to deliberately finish lower in the Premier League.

Doesn't really seem fair though that 1 EL win and 1 CL final beats two CL wins and one CL final.

I'm probably a wee bit late with signing up, but I need something to do until FM10 comes out and this will certainly keep me well occupied until then. Going for Billericay since they're sort of a local club. I'll update with the necessary screenshot once everything is loaded up. :thup:

EDIT: Change of plans. Couldn't get Billericay and the only club that were appearing was Hednesford FC. So I've decided to manage them instead. Media prediction is 18th, so the squad has enough thre to avoid relegation and perhaps overachieve a little. We'll see.

Manager Profile

So having taken over the mighty Hednesford FC, I really wasn't sure what to expect in the league this year. Oddly, my expectation in the Blue Square North this year was "to enjoy the experience" so what ambition my players were rated against I don't know. As a result, I only went for the best transfers possible (6 and 7 star players) to strengthen an already decent looking squad.

Transfers

INS:

Zeyn S-Latef (AM/F C) - Free

Callum Hawthorne (GK) - Free

George Stewart (D/WB R/L, AM R) - Free

Ryan Beswick (D/M L) - Free

Danny Uchechi (AM/F C) - Free

Luke Ruddick (D RL) - £0

Jonathon Hogg (D R, M C) - Loan from Aston Villa

OUTS:

Harry Hamleton - Free

Tyrone Barnett - Free

Nicky Carter - Free

Scott Stamps - Free

Neil Brisco - Free

Sean Platt - Free

Sam Hall - Free

Mark Briggs - Free

Pre-Season

My objective for pre-season was to get some big teams to come to Keys Park and raise some extra funds as a sort of buffer for this season and the next. The other friendlies were against so called smaller teams and were purely arranged for building morale and team understanding.

Hednesford 0 - 2 Birstol City

Hednesford 4 - 2 Hednesford Reserves

Hednesford 1 - 2 Barnet

Hednesford 0 - 1 Derby County

Abbey Hey 0 - 0 Hednesford

AFC Hornchurch 3 - 1 Hednesford

Basingstoke 0 - 3 Hednesford

Ultimately, it was an okay season and based on those results, I was gearing up for an average season in the bottom half of the table. The bookies seemed to agree, as we were 80.0 odds for promotion and were tipped to go straight back down.

Blue Square North

Redditch 1 - 2 Hednesford

Michael Cole (pen 79) - Ross Draper (7), Ryan Beswick (50)

Hednesford 1 - 0 Blyth Spartans

Adam Burley (83)

Hicnkley 0 - 0 Hednesford

Hednesford 0 - 2 AFC Telford

Tamworth 0 - 1 Hednesford

Lewis Powell (90)

Hednesford 1 - 2 Gainsborough

Danny Darlow (45+2) - Joe Lamplough (9), Lewis McMahon (34)

Hednesford 3 - 2 Hyde

Danny Uchechi (pen 28, 37, pen 73) - Scott Bennett (62), Michael Tulloch (90+1)

Fleetwood 1 - 2 Hednesford

Robbie Hanson (88) - Danny Uchechi (pen 44), Zeyn S-Latef (62)

Hednesford 2 - 1 Solihull Moors

Ross Dyer (45+1), Danny Darlow (90)- Michael Harper (54)

Hednesford 1 - 0 Cambridge City

Danny Darlow (11)

League Table

Despite pre-season predictions, we have played exceptionally well and have put ourselves into a very advantageous position with three games in hand. At this point, I have to say that relegation is not a realistic possibility and that promotion is certainly vert attainable.

I put our form down to those first two wins of the season against Redditch and Blyth. That gave us the confidence to go on and get some more good results, although we have been brought down to earth once or twice.

The two biggest wins have come against Solihull Moors and Cambridge City. Solihull Moors were top at the time, and it took a 90 minute 25 yarder from exceptionally talented regen striker Danny Darlow to sercue a potentially vital 3 points. When we played Cambridge, they were top of the league and we beat them, albeit in less dramatic and convincing circumstances. Nonetheless, two absolutely fantastic results there.

So a play-off place is our target for the season, but of course, I'm not counting my chickens just yet.

Conference League Cup

Hednesford 4 - 3 Burscough

Harrogate 2 - 0 Hednesford

The boards target was the 2nd round, which we achieved. I thought we could go quite far in this competition, but we lost to a very good Harrogate side.

FA Cup

Loughborough D 0 - 0 Hednesford

Hednesford 1 - 0 Loughborough

Hednesford 1 - 1 Canvey Island

Canvey Island 0 - 1 Hednesford

AFC Telford 3 - 2 Hednesford

Again, we achieved what the board wanted by reaching the 4th Qualifying round. The only reason to go far in this tournament was the money, which certainly has been very good for a Blue Sqaure North side. We battled hard against Telford, but didn't have enough in the end.

From here, we have two tough away games to Stalybridge and Alfreton to complete the month of October. My next update will come after the next 10 or so games.

DominantwinforAngels.jpg

Well, it looks like I'm going to make the group stages, since I doubt they'll overcome that scoreline in the second leg. :D

I've strengthened my squad massively this season thanks to the money from last season's cup run. Moore is the pick of my signings. I got him on a free transfer from Everton after his contract expired, beating off a lot of competition from top flight sides from around Europe, probably thanks to my offer of first team football and the ridiculous amount over his request I offered him - out of a wage budget of just under £98k, he's getting £10,750. But he's worth it - he's only 20, and he's already a very talented player, with the potential for further improvement. If all goes to plan, he'll be the rock at the heart of my defence and probably my captain until I complete the challenge. He's an established England U-21 player, captain of the U-21s and, honestly, there's a good chance he'll be the guy to step up once Rio and Terry move out of the international scene. Not a bad signing at all. :D

Ived kinda lost my motivation at Osset Town.. i guess this is what happenes after 40 years :)

The problem is i havent really seen any top dollar regen come through our ranks.. maybee only 2, and i must say i dont feel any real attachment to the club as i usually do in a dafuge challenge..

So i think i might put the challenge on hold, but i will of cause be back with fm10.

I might even go back to my Wealdstone save game, at least i had a couple of great prospect back then=)

League Table - 3rd January

So we're at the halfway point of the season - 21 games played. As you can see from the league table, we sit nice and pretty at the top. This is much to do with the tactics I'm using, which seems to combine a sturdy defence and efficiency going forward. It's actually a pre-defined tactic on the game, actually, known as 4-4-2 Standard. If I knew I had all these tactics that actually worked well, I wouldn't have bothered trying to make my own every time.

The other major contributing factor is having all my best players fit and playing in the same team together: Danny Darlow, Daniel Uchechi, Zeyn S-Latef, Ryan Beswick, Jonathon Hogg and Adam Conolly. Earlier in the season, at least one of those players kept getting injured which lead to my fringe players getting a bit more playing time than initially expected. I've managed to get all those players on a Full Time contract (except Beswick, who prefers a part-time deal) so I will be able to sell those players for money in the future when the time comes.

From here on, I'm focusing on maintaining form and ending the season as champions.

Okay scratch the last post. Im gonna keep on playing, not because i wanna win more trophees but because i wanna se how far i can push Morgan Hawley i bought him at the start of the season and he has just improved unbeliavable!! He looks like the best striker i have ever had, and im gonna see how many goals i can get him to score!

Other then that i will be trying to push my youth players and at the end try to win the league only with my own products (+Hawley) ;)

I will not be making a review of every season anymore, but i will post my progress with the progress as it goes by.

Own Products(prospects):

Hilton

Morrison

Starkey

Salazar

Okay scratch the last post. Im gonna keep on playing, not because i wanna win more trophees but because i wanna se how far i can push Morgan Hawley i bought him at the start of the season and he has just improved unbeliavable!! He looks like the best striker i have ever had, and im gonna see how many goals i can get him to score!

Other then that i will be trying to push my youth players and at the end try to win the league only with my own products (+Hawley) ;)

I will not be making a review of every season anymore, but i will post my progress with the progress as it goes by.

Own Products(prospects):

Hilton

Morrison

Starkey

Salazar

I know some people play with a lone striker in order to get that player score more goals. You could perhaps consider that if you're normal tactic doesn't do it for him :)

I know some people play with a lone striker in order to get that player score more goals. You could perhaps consider that if you're normal tactic doesn't do it for him :)

I do that with Brennan, helps him a hell of a lot :D

It's worth trying out a 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-1-1 system, i've found that if you want one guy to score millions of goals, they work very, very well :D

I think im gonna stick with my tactics.. for now at least. I finally got my strikers to score 25+ and i havent been able to do that before.. Maybee ill tweak it if it doesnt work! but for now im sticking with it :)

He has improved even more, and hes gonna be the greateast player i have had in this game, im pretty sure about that!

I think im gonna stick with my tactics.. for now at least. I finally got my strikers to score 25+ and i havent been able to do that before.. Maybee ill tweak it if it doesnt work! but for now im sticking with it :)

He has improved even more, and hes gonna be the greateast player i have had in this game, im pretty sure about that!

In that case, i wish you the best of luck kaNovi in your quest to reach the 1,000 goal mark :thup:

End of Season Update

Final League Table - Unexpected Promotion

After a log and grueling season, we finally managed to limp over the finish line to a completely unexpected promotion. After January, our form became very inconcistant and putting together 2 or more wins became very difficult. Draws and losses became more and more common for us, especialy away from home and we were lucky that the teams below us met the same fate and failed to captalise on our wishy-washy form.

The main reason for this has to be a tired squad. Due to domestic cup competition commitmets, most players ended up playing more than 50 games in the end. Of course, it was all worth it in the end.

FA Trophy Final

We beat two BSP sides on the way to the final and after a dramatic final at Wembley, we beat the odds and won our second piece of silverware this year. This Hednesford's second FA Trophy win - the last one coming in 2004. A fantastic achievement for the club.

Stats

Adam Connolly made the most appearances with 54. The versitile midfielder was remarkably consistant throughut and was easily my best player this season.

Danny Uchechi scored the most goals with 16. The Nigerian speed demon had many injuries throughout the year and was unable to string a long run of games together. Still, his goals were vital. Zeyn S-Latef came second with 15 goals, and his role was equally as important. Young striker Danny Darlow scored 12.

Left winger Rya Beswick got the most assists with 10. 17 year old left winger Jack Watts got 8 assists, along with Adam Connolly.

What Next?

Survival in the Blue Sqaure Premier is our next target. To do this, I'll have to rebuild almost half the squad so it'll be a challenge. We'll also look to do well in the FA Cup, the Conference League Cup and the FA Trophy, purely for the small financial benefiits.

Dartford FC - Barclays Premier League - 2035/36

Once again, the team faced the challenge of the youth only policy as no new players were signed for a second season.

League Table

League Positions Graph

Another decent league performance as the title was confirmed with games to go.

Community Shield - in a fairly even game we came out on top in a penalty shootout.

Carling Cup - a strong team was put out in the semi but we just couldn't beat Arsenal in the second leg.

FA Cup - bit of a shock as West Ham played out of their skins.

UEFA Champions League - we were lucky to get to penalties in this match but we were great from the spot. After 90 minutes I went all sentimental and replaced the departing Ryan Caddis with his young replacement and also brought on the two retiring players. I then went a step further and put all three of them in the penalty shootout, giving useless penalty taker Adrian Hendrie the chance to win it with the fifth. He missed it, which created a greater story as ex youth product Tamer Stevens missed to hand us the title.

Transfers - no players in as promised and a couple of high profile exits. Youth product Tamer Stevens was unhappy and when a £30m bid came in I could hardly reject it. French wonderkid Johan Mercier also joined Real Madrid in an attempt to give youth and English players a chance.

Squad - the number of foreigners is always decreasing, it won't be long until we are all English with a couple of exceptions.

Squad (youth products) - the two wingers make a significant contribution but I am still yet to see a wonderkid from my own youth system.

Key Player Profiles:

Oswaldo Even - the legend is really on his way out, he missed 3 months through injury which really hurt us this season.

Jerome Russell - he's not quite up to Even's standard but he did a pretty good job as a star striker this season.

Rayan Mondoloni - he's been superb, a fantastic signing.

Ken Johnson - with Emonts and Mondoloni in the team he has been a bit limited but he's made an impact in the games he's had. One of my better youth players.

Gary Gilder - even at the tender age of 16 this youth product has made an impact. He will take centre stage next season.

Goodbyes:

Ryan Caddis - History - signed as a 16 year old, this 'legendary winger' has become a true legend at the club by making over 600 appearances and scoring over 100 goals. He's been after a new challenge for the last five years but saw out his five year contract with great professionalism. There was nothing I could do to keep him and AC Milan managed to sign him on a Bosman. Thankfully we have Gary Gilder to replace him.

Adrian Hendrie - History - our old captain and my captain during my stint with England. He's never really been an automatic first choice but still managed to make close to 500 appearances. There's a possibilityof signing him as a coach.

Nicolas Monaco - History - he's actually listed along with myslef as a legend in our club details. Signed as a wonderkid he had a shocking first season but then established himself as the club's top striker. This didn't last long but he found himself at home in the supporting role. He hasn't really featured for some time now but I wanted him to retire at the club. Scored exactly 200 goals for us.

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2009/10   Blue Square South        1st         BSS Champions, promoted
2010/11   Blue Square Premier      1st         BSP Champions, Setanta Shield and FA Trophy winners
2011/12   Coca-Cola League 2       2nd         Promoted
2012/13   Coca-Cola League 1       5th         Lost in playoff final
2013/14   Coca-Cola League 1       3rd         Lost in playoff final
2014/15   Coca-Cola League 1       2nd         Promoted
2015/16   Coca-Cola Championship   14th
2016/17   Coca-Cola Championship   5th         Lost in playoff semi
2017/18   Coca-Cola Championship   8th
2018/19   Coca-Cola Championship   2nd         Promoted
2019/20   Barclays Premier League  15th
2020/21   Barclays Premier League  7th         Carling Cup winners
2021/22   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League champions and Europa League winners
2022/23   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League champions
2023/24   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League champions and Champions League winners
2024/25   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL champions, FA Cup, Carling Cup, World Club and CL winners
2025/26   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League champions, World Club and CL winners
2026/27   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL champions, FA Cup, Carling Cup, World Club and CL winners
2027/28   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL champions, FA Cup, Carling Cup, World Club and CL winners
2028/29   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL champions, FA Cup, World Club and CL winners
2029/30   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL champions, World Club and CL winners
2030/31   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL champions, World Club and Carling Cup winners
2031/32   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League champions and Champions League winners
2032/33   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League champions and Club World Cup winners
2033/34   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League champions, Carling Cup, and CL winners
2034/35   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League champions, FA Cup, and World Club winners
2035/36   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League champions and Champions League winners

Next Season

The new approach to the team is looking promising and hopefully we will get a new striker in the next few years as Even won't be around forever.

Started playing with my Marine side again after a little break. I should finish the BSP season tonight with just 9 games remaining. We're doing well too. First place, 7 points clear of Preston with a game in hand over them. We were crusing for a while until we suffered a bit of shakey mid-season form. But as I have signed a new core to the squad (new CB, MC and two Strikers) it has improved us greatly.

Hopefully we'll be able to avoid the hassle of the playoffs and go from the BSN to League 2 in 2 straight seasons!

Italy - European Championships - 2036

Qualification was fairly easy, although a few draws meant it went down to the wire.

Poland vs Italy (group stage)

We were dominant but found ourselves struggling. Thankfully our class showed just enough to see us win.

Italy vs France (group stage)

It was a close game and a total fluke decided it.

Italy vs Romania (group stage)

We needed just a draw and we took our chances well to secure a convincing looking win.

Final Group Table

Just that unlucky loss to France made it look in doubt.

Italy vs Germany (quarter final)

It was a tight game but we just about deserved the win.

Portugal vs Italy (semi final)

We were outclassed by the hosts in this match.

International Career Overview

Season     Country       Competition                   Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2025       Brazil        Confederations Cup            Winners
2026       Brazil        FIFA World Cup                Winners
2027       Brazil        Copa America                  Quarter finalists
2028       Switzerland   European Championship         Group stage
2029       England       Confederations Cup            Winners
2030       England       FIFA World Cup                Semi finalists
2032       Spain         European Championship         Group stage
2033       Jamaica       Gold Cup                      Group Stage
2034       Ghana         FIFA World Cup                Winners
2036       Italy         European Championsip          Semi Finalists

Next Season

Once again, I resigned from my position at the end of the tournament. As usual, I will look at the options available after the tournament finishes.

I have justed worked out that I am in my 100th season for fm09 across different saves. I have not had a son or a stadium move let alone one named after me. :(

Another great season dafuge shame about Italy. I was just wondering what your finances are like.

Gypsum's Marine - End of season update - 2041/42

Blue square premier - 1st place

An awesome start dwindled into some poor form in the run up to christmas. But the signings of McGuire, Crowe, Henderson and Driver strengthened the core of the squad greatly. And we ended the season as comfortable champions. (And to top off the perfect season for an Aldershot fan, I got to see Farnborough relegated!)

Squad summary;

General squad info

Key players;

Peter Burton - AMRC/FC - Signed up at the beginning of the season as a product of the famed Merthyr Tydfil youth system. Burton proved to be an excellent utility player on the right wing, centre midfield or up front. A 7.22 rating from 22 (17) appearances showed his impressive consistency despite having no regular place in the squad.

Ryan Driscoll - ST - Our top scorer despite some inconsistent form. Really benefitted from the addition of strikers Tommy Driver and Steve Henderson to support him up front. But is unlikely to have the quality to help us in League 2.

Wayne Eustace - DC - A rock at the back through difficult times and our chief threat from corners. Proved throughout the campaign to be probably our most dependable player.

Merthyr watch; Still under manager Steven Gerrard they continued the Merthyr tradition of winning the Premiership, finishing 8 points clear of Man City. But got knocked out of the Champions league semi-final by Real Madrid, 2-2 by away goals. Their star player were an injury ravaged Pat Kirkup and one of my favourite youth prospects Phil Steel, who came of age scoring 36 goals in 50 appearances with a 7.67 rating.

Year             League    Position      Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2009/10          BSS        1st
2010/11          BSP        1st
2011/12          L2         1st
2012/13          L1         4th           FA Cup Semi-finalists
2013/14          CH         6th 
2014/15          CH         5th          Qualified via playoffs / FA Cup quarter finalists
2015/16          PL         7th
2016/17          PL         2nd          UEFA Cup winners
2017/18          PL         3rd
2018/19          PL         1st           League cup winners / Champions league winners
2019/20          PL         1st           Champions league winners
2020/21          PL         1st           Champions league winners
2021/22          PL         1st           FA Cup winners
2022/23          PL         1st           Champions league winners
2023/24          PL         1st           Champions league winners / League cup winners
2024/25          PL         1st           Champions league winners
2025/26          PL         1st           Champions league winners / League cup winners
2026/27          PL         1st           Champions league winners
2027/28          PL         1st           Champions league winners
2028/29          PL         1st           Champions league winners / FA Cup winners / League cup winners
2029/30          PL         1st           Champions league winners
2030/31          PL         1st           FA Cup winners
2031/32          PL         1st           Champions league winners / League cup winners 
2032/33          PL         1st           Champions league winners / FA Cup winners
2033/34          PL         1st           Champions league winners
2034/35          PL         1st        
2035/36          PL         1st           Champions league winners   
2036/37          PL         1st        
2037/38          PL         1st           Champions league winners
2038/39          PL         1st           Champions league winners / League cup winners
2039/40          PL         1st           Champions league winners

Took over as manager of Marine

2040/41         BSN        4th          Playoff winners
2041/42         BSP        1st 

I have justed worked out that I am in my 100th season for fm09 across different saves. I have not had a son or a stadium move let alone one named after me. :(

Another great season dafuge shame about Italy. I was just wondering what your finances are like.

In 4 years of doing this challenge I've never had a son or a stadium named after me :(

Well for some reason my save game data is dead so this promosing career is over ...

Season    League                 Position        Achievements

2009/10   Blue Square North      Champions       Won BSN, Won Reserves Group
2010/11   Blue Square Premier    2nd             Won Playoff's, Won FA Trophy
2011/12   Coca-Cola League 2     Champions       Won League 2
2012/13   Coca-Cola League 1     Playoff Winners Promoted to Championship
2013/14   Coca-Cola Championship 12th.           None.
2014/15   Coca-Cola Championship 9th.            FA Cup Finalists.
2015/16   Coca-Cola Championship 11th.           None.
2016/17   Coca-Cola Championship 1st 4 pts clear - in Feb ...

.. If anyone as any ideas how i can save it let me know haven't a clue why it isn't working though to be honest its never happened to me before :mad: so annoyed right now.

Good luck everyone.

I think my Marine side will struggle in League 2. Where the step up with Merthyr was pretty comfortable, signing almost an entirely new side, I haven't brought any real quality in to Marine. Got a good left-winger, but otherwise we've struggled to attract anyone. Hopefully my new scouts will uncover someone in Europe, but I don't hold much hope!

I think my Marine side will struggle in League 2. Where the step up with Merthyr was pretty comfortable, signing almost an entirely new side, I haven't brought any real quality in to Marine. Got a good left-winger, but otherwise we've struggled to attract anyone. Hopefully my new scouts will uncover someone in Europe, but I don't hold much hope!

I think I've had the same problem. I didn't sign enough players when I got to League 2. I'm now in my 4th season in the league and I have signed a new team and now I'm top :)

Despite continued success I'm still stuck on 18 scouts, I would really like to have 20 to cover each of the scouting regions.

Has anyone (other than Hamilton) managed to get more than 18?

I have 22 at Chelsea? I don't know exactly how or why, was 18 before...

I think it might be to do with reputation, really wouldn't know why but I think it could be.

I'm not sure it is, my club has been the biggest club in the world by some distance but could never get more than 18. We won the CL 7 times in a row but still nothing.

Only got 22 after I won it 9 times in a row, could be a stroke of luck to have it but I don't know :confused:

I've won it ten times now, but not in a row.

To be honest, it is isn't really an issue now since I'm not buying players anymore.

Dafuge, i'm not playing my merthyr game any longer so i downloaded one of the editors to see if i can solve the issue of the number of scouts. i had 18 scouts and a contintal rep and i changed all the variables i could think of like rep, chairmans stats, finances etc.

The only time it changed to 22 scouts was when i ticked the sugar daddy option - hamilton will no doubt be pleased to hear this ;)

Archived