dafuge's FM09 challenge

You know those games when one team is completely dominant but doesn't take their chances, whereas the other team gets one chance in the last 20 minutes and promptly scores the only goal of the game? It's pretty awesome when you're the team that wins. That's my best result so far, since it's my first win over Premier League opposition. We totally didn't deserve it, it was pretty much literally our only real chance, and even then, if Grounds hadn't made a clumsy tackle, or even made it a few inches away, we'd have never had a chance. And you know, Boro's keeper called the penalty, but unfortunately for him, he deflected it into the post and it bounced right to Probert's feet at the penalty spot, and he just slotted it into the opposite corner where the 'keeper had no chance. Good that I get another payday, let' just hope we get a Premiership team away from home next. More money in it that way.

• Replies 19.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You know those games when one team is completely dominant but doesn't take their chances, whereas the other team gets one chance in the last 20 minutes and promptly scores the only goal of the game? It's pretty awesome when you're the team that wins.

I love the name of that player. Les Probert. Sounds like a good old fashioned footballer's name. Nobby Stiles, Bobby Moore, Stanley Matthews, Les Probert.

I need a new challenge. This is getting too easy!

The same's happing with me atm. I'm just into January and i haven't lost a game in all comps yet :D The only reason that i'm still going with this save is because i'm trying to get Brennan to 1000 goals in his career, which is very much on. He's going to break 81 goals in a season BY A MILE at this rate, and i mean, by a mile :eek::D

Hmm I wonder how much in debt Portsmouth really are!

A LOT!

I need a new challenge. This is getting too easy :D

Same here in Bury. I'm into January and i'm still unbeaten in all comps :D I'm only keeping with the save as i want to get Brennan to 1,000 goals in his career!

He's on target to smash the record of 81 goals in a season. And i really do mean smash it :D I've changed tactics to a 4-4-1-1 and altered his personal settings and he's on fire.

Hmm I wonder how much in debt Portsmouth really are

A lot!

Congrats on Promotion Munchkin :thup:

FC United are on a roll atm, we've won 31 out of 31 games so far in all comps :D

I'm trying to give too much away, but ONE HUNDRED GOALS is a real possibility for Big Bernard Brennan this season :eek::D

I've also smashed my transfer record for a centre back that i've been tracking for ages and Man City forced me to pay the second highest fee in the history of my save for him!

So, who's got tips for getting out of the BSP? Started the season and my team were 1st. Went downhill form there and finished 15th. What should I look for in each position? My coaches rate my players as 7 stars for every position in the team, but nothing seems to be happening. Season report to come soon...

Yeah, he's amazing alright. He's almost passed the 81 goals he scored last year and we're in January :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Quality! Never seen a 'and that's his 100th goal of the season' commentary so would like to see that!

jack.browne's FC United - End of Season Summary - 2012/13

Blue Square Premier - 16th - Another poor season as far as i'm concerned, but at least we are confirming our position as a proper BSP team. Would have preferred to of made some progress this season but it wasn't to be! I was 1st after 11 games and at this point I thought it could be our season to go up, but it wasn't to be as we then hit some bad form which saw us end up in 16th. I know I have said it before, but we must do better next year!

Conference League Cup - Lost in 3rd Round - Another poor season in this Cup, where we lost to lower league opposition early on. Definitely something I need to address in preparation for next season.

FA Cup - Lost in 1st Round - Another poor season in this cup too. To be fair, at least this loss was to better opponents. Will look to make some progress in this cup next year.

FA Trophy - Lost in 3rd Round - Not too good in this Cup either as we once again lost to lower league opposition. This was after a good win against Farnborough, who aren't a bad team.

Squad Summary;

Squad Information

Transfers

Key Players;

Soloman Shields - A good season from the young midfielder. Popped up with some goals in some important games and ended up with a good average rating. He has been with us since the start of last season but he hasn't been as good as he was this year.

Phil Jones - Another loanee, but this time it was from Blackburn. He was a rock at the centre of defence, and rarely made any mistakes. Should I need to, I will look to get him back on loan again.

Oliver Norwood - A player that was brilliant for me in BSN, so when his contract expired at Man Utd, I was desperate for him to come on us as I know he could do a job at this level too. And he did, scoring 1 and creating 5 and generally being instrumental in all of our attacking plays.

MattBreuer's 2009-2010 FC United of Manchester

Blue Square North Position: 1st

Blue Square North Table

FC United Transfers

FC United Squad

It was an exciting season right down to Matchday 42 for the boys in Bury, and with a little luck we managed to capture a league championship in our first attempt.

The beginning of the season was the key for the side, and a number of huge signings wound up taking my side to the next level. Above all, the signing of Tobias Mikaelsson was a knock-out, as he led the team in both goals and average rating, even while spending time out with injury and undergoing a severe mid-season slump. The only negative to my transfers were the two Middlesbrough players, who each suffered severe injuries shortly after joining us, and never really factored into the side.

Our cup form wasn't splendid, and we failed to make a real impact in any of our appearances. Now we face an uphill battle in the Blue Square Premier, where we're going to bring in a lot of new blood, without a lot of money to accomplish it. Slightly nerve-wracking, but hopefully the boys will be up for the challenge.

Quality! Never seen a 'and that's his 100th goal of the season' commentary so would like to see that!

When he scores it, i'll take a screenshot and post it in here, don't worry. At his current rate, it'll be in around 2 months time game time :eek::D

FWIW, incase some haven't seen it, Brennan hits 400 FCUM Goals :cool:

cheers hamilton i would've sent a reort last night but it cropped half my images

Don't worry. Congrats on a great promotion first season :thup:

Tiverton Town Season Review 2010/2011

League Position: 3rd (Promoted via play-offs)

League Table

A highly succesful season resulted in promotion for Tivvy in to the Blue Square Premier.

The 18 goals of Jamie Cook and the brilliant midfielding displays of Oliver Hewitt-Fisher were crucial in our promotion push and both were nominated for player of the season.

After a great start to the season our title bid stated to slip away especially after a 4-0 defeat at Hayes & Yeading, only a play-off place was a realistic aim.

The 3-1 win at Tonbridge sealed a play-off spot.

After beating them 3-1 in the final game of the season, we travelled to Newport County and played out a thrilling 2-2 draw in Wales.

Then it was the second leg. 3,484, 16 off capacity and a club record by nearly 500 seats crammed into Ladysmead. Jamie Cook gave Tivvy the lead with a cool run and finish. And so it remained till the last minute when Newport's Wayne Turk scored. Extra-Time. In the 104th minute when Dave Walker headed home. But, in the 119th minute a defensive error allowed Jamie Chapman to equalize.

Into penalties then and both sides converted their first 2 penalties. Tivvy then scored a third, while County missed. Jamie Cook failed to capitalise and faile to score. However, Newport missed their next penalty, up stepped Ricky Bains. He smashed home the winning penalty. So, we were through

So the final, played at the Wessex Stadium versus Hayes & Yeading who were of course resoundly thrashed by :D.

But tbh, it was easy. Orlando Smith's header gave us the lead. Then in the 57th minute we went 2-0 up when Ashley Yeoman fired home.

They're we're no real scares otherwise and then the whistle went. Tivvy were going up

Aims For Next Season:

Attempt to avoid the drop

Get a player score 20 goals

Win again at the Wessex Stadium.

ROUND 1 COMPLETE!!! :D

Quick update on my Boston United team.

As of November 1st

| Pos   | Inf   | Team           |       | Pld   | Won   | Drn   | Lst   | For   | Ag    | G.D.  | Pts   | 
| -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| 1st   |       | AFC Telford    |       | 14    | 10    | 1     | 3     | 28    | 17    | +11   | 31    | 
| -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| 2nd   |       | Redditch       |       | 14    | 8     | 3     | 3     | 20    | 14    | +6    | 27    | 
| 3rd   |       | Southport      |       | 14    | 6     | 6     | 2     | 20    | 13    | +7    | 24    | 
| 4th   |       | Mansfield      |       | 14    | 7     | 3     | 4     | 18    | 15    | +3    | 24    | 
| 5th   |       | Stafford       |       | 14    | 6     | 5     | 3     | 21    | 12    | +9    | 23    | 
| 6th   |       | Hyde           |       | 14    | 6     | 5     | 3     | 21    | 18    | +3    | 23    | 
| 7th   |       | Blyth          |       | 14    | 6     | 4     | 4     | 20    | 15    | +5    | 22    | 
| 8th   |       | Tamworth       |       | 14    | 7     | 1     | 6     | 12    | 10    | +2    | 22    | 
| 9th   |       | Boston Utd     |       | 14    | 5     | 6     | 3     | 23    | 14    | +9    | 21    | 
| 10th  |       | Harrogate      |       | 14    | 4     | 9     | 1     | 15    | 9     | +6    | 21    | 
| 11th  |       | Altrincham     |       | 13    | 6     | 3     | 4     | 16    | 12    | +4    | 21    | 
| 12th  |       | Hinckley       |       | 14    | 4     | 7     | 3     | 16    | 15    | +1    | 19    | 
| 13th  |       | Alfreton       |       | 14    | 5     | 4     | 5     | 14    | 17    | -3    | 19    | 
| 14th  |       | Barrow         |       | 14    | 4     | 6     | 4     | 16    | 18    | -2    | 18    | 
| 15th  |       | Workington     |       | 14    | 5     | 2     | 7     | 18    | 19    | -1    | 17    | 
| 16th  |       | Gateshead      |       | 14    | 4     | 5     | 5     | 18    | 20    | -2    | 17    | 
| 17th  |       | King's Lynn    |       | 14    | 3     | 6     | 5     | 13    | 14    | -1    | 15    | 
| 18th  |       | Farsley        |       | 13    | 3     | 5     | 5     | 11    | 14    | -3    | 14    | 
| 19th  |       | Solihull Moors |       | 14    | 3     | 4     | 7     | 11    | 21    | -10   | 13    | 
| 20th  |       | Droylsden      |       | 13    | 1     | 4     | 8     | 9     | 24    | -15   | 7     | 
| 21st  |       | Gainsborough   |       | 13    | 0     | 6     | 7     | 11    | 21    | -10   | 6     | 
| 22nd  |       | Hednesford     |       | 14    | 0     | 3     | 11    | 8     | 27    | -19   | 3     | 
|       |       |                |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |       | 

We had a poor start, getting only 5 out of 21 points in the first 7 games of the season, but a key 3-0 win against Mansfield saw our fortunes turn.

October was a great month, I narrowly missed out on Manager of the Month, equal on manager points with the winner, and player of the month went to our striker Kieran Leabon, with second and third place occupied by two of his other Boston teammates.

Decent going there High Flying Dwarf :thup: Do you reckon you can sneak a playoff place?

Well at the time of posting this, we are winning 2-0 against Redditch, who are currently second, hopefully this win will be putting us in the playoff places, according to the live league table

UPDATE: An impressive 3-1 win, things are starting to look good!

Brennan has just scored his 81st goal of the season and equalled his record for most goals in a season with a stunning 40 yard lob over the keeper's head against Man Utd :cool::D And we haven't even finished January yet!!! :eek:

He'll get well over 100 goals at his current rate, he's been simply stunning this year! :D

tragedyy.th.jpg

Tragedy for John Bostock and a severe blow for Boston Utd, the midfielder on loan from Tottenham suffered a serious hip injury which will require him to leave the Boston Utd team.

Over his 17 appearances he acheived a 7.25 avg and scored 5 goals, his last being a drilled free kick in his final match against Altrincham.

It's a consortium takeover in progress. Currently we're out-performing expectations in the league by being involved in a promotion battle, have out-performed expectations in the cups, are operating under our wage budget and have a healthyish bank-balance (over £375k in League 2). Plus, I'm on the club's favoured personnel list. I also have a better personal reputation than the guy they want to replace me with. I should be safe, right?

Also... don't you just hate it when they decide the right time to enforce a transfer embargo because of the takeover would be the end of December, right before the transfer window where I'm hoping to wheel and deal a little to improve my squad since I'm doing well?

High Flying Dwarf at Boston United 09-10

Media Prediction: 15th

Actual Position: 3rd

We were aiming for a Mid Table Finish.

Blue Square North Playoffs: A dismal 2-1 aggregate loss to Tamworth in Extra Time

FA Cup: Dire, out in the 2nd Qual Rd. (our first match) 2-0 to Braintree

Conference League Cup: Better, CLC North 4th round loss to Histon, 3-2

FA Trophy: ...and better still, Third Round loss to Kidderminster, 3-0

Around the World

Arsenal retain both the Premiership and the Champions League double to add to last seasons same double, but still the pain of losing the treble against Everton in 2008/2009 FA Cup Final burns away.

Premiership: Arsenal

Champions League: Arsenal (2-2 P vs Chelsea)

Europa League: Porto (1-0 vs Udinese)

FA Cup: Liverpool (2-1 vs Middlesbrough)

World Cup 2010: France (1-0 vs Brazil, Spain finished 3rd beating the USA 3-0), England failed to qualify for the Finals, one point behind Croatia.

World Player of the Year: Fernando Torres (an all English club Lineup, with Cesc Fabregas in second and Frank Lampard in third)

Blue Square North Manager of the Year: Gary Whild (Redditch)

Blue Square North Player of the Year: Kieran Leabon (Boston United)

My awards: Blue Square North Manager of the Month (Feburary)

My view

A real up and down season for us, absolutely gutting to be beaten in the playoffs, but that is how form goes. We had two dismal points at the start of each half of the season and these were why despite challenging Redditch we ended up well below them.

Our playoff defeat was understandable, Tamworth held their own and our tied players just couldn't cope and were off form, but at least I have managed to show that despite an injury hit season we could put together a remarkable season against media predictions. It was a good season for my rep aswell, with heated links to Blue Square Premier champions Wrexham, in another game, maybe I would have taken it.

Three Key Players

Vincent "Vince" Van Den Berg: Pacey young Dutch striker, released from Arsenal, put in a great season until he picked up a season ending injury, only to come back to play in the playoff defeat to Tamworth, but by then he was off form and understandably out of shape. Sadly though, his release clause has come into play due to non promotion, 160kNominated for Blue Square North Player of the Year. Blue Square North Signing of the Season and Highest AVG. of the Season. AVG. 7.09, 18 goals.

Kieran Leabon: Another striker, this time English, and part of the original team set up, he kept the team going whilst Vince was out. He ended up shining even brighter, winning the Blue Square North Player of the Year award.

Blue Square North Player of the Year. Boston United Fans Player of the Year. AVG. 7.08, 23 goals

Tom Matthews: A English right fullback who played consistently all season with a AVG. of 7.08. Solid.

Final Table

Transfers

Three things to think about

Consistency: My team have the quality to win the title, but we have to avoid losing to lower class teams, we can score and defend, we had the leagues best goal aggregate, but we need to turn this into promotion. Hopefully, a experienced face will stabilise our fortunes ;)

Pressure: Too many points were dropped in crunch games, most notably a 2-2 draw against Redditch, it shouldn't happen.

Finances: We were in the red a long way through the season, so this will need to be stabilised.

BTW, how do you get a Career Overview?

Recent News

Offered the managers job at Notts County, another job I would have gladly accepted in an other game, but not this one, the wage budget was pretty dire aswell.

I reckon you should be safe, but once the takeover is complete, make sure you perform well in your first 5 matches or so as then the new chairman/board decide that you can stay :thup:

Well, it's gone through, and I've been given the opportunity to save my job. Wish me luck!

Archived