Knap - FM24 and FM23 FM22_FM 21 - FM 20 -FM 19 Tactic List

1 hour ago, knap said:

@hp17

Although winning the League with Sheffield sounds good, it is not really how the game is played, as most use transfers to improve squad. When using an underdog you will have much more rng and tests can therefore  be inconsistent. The idea of test leagues is to eliminate the problems associated with testing. in normal saves  

Don't expect Sheffield to be winning the league obviously but I don't know who in the premier League is predicted to finish 20th in the game but say it is Sheffield and Liverpool are predicted to finish first. 

You used the 2 teams to test it and Liverpool finished first and Sheffield finished say 8th-10th. It'll show that this tactic is useable with smaller teams and would make it easier for people who are managing underdog teams to use this tactic to outperform where they're expected to finish?

Just thought it would make the testing a bit more interesting as obviously with all of your testing the top team that you pick wins the league whereas if you added a second team, I'm sure they would fluctuate positions on each save and as a result would help determine which tactic is the best and which one outperforms the game?

• Replies 37.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, hp17 said:

Don't even mean testing that low mate. Even when you're testing with Liverpool in the save, couldn't you do the testing for like say a Sheffield United, Burnley or a team like that in the same testing that you post?

Would be interesting to see how the team's predicted to finish lower down defy the odds with the tactics 

I think @knapshould stick with an all around team such as Liverpool. Liverpool have a strong squad that can adapt to many formation, they have only 2 new signings and the players are gelled together already. Those things really help eliminating a lot of RNG when you are testing ideas for new tactics. So instead of spending time setting up a team like Sheffield to fit his ideas, Knap should just use Liverpool to test, and keep prolifically providing us great tactics as he has been doing.

Edited by longruoi1

Sorry to ask this but just wanted to know if these are classed as 'cheat' tactics designed to find a flaw in the system? Reason im asking is i read somewhere im fmscout that these tactics are not realistic - HOWEVER i prefer these tactics just suits me as i dont have time and skill to be in and out changing things, though i assumed these are realistic?

Not criticising these tactics as i said i use them just wondered cause i keep seeing high points totals and thing people are saying its not realistic? To me it's i dont see an issue.

@hp17

If you run 2 teams in a league you run into a pronlem straight away as they have to play each other. Also there is a bug and often running 2 teams the tactics can be changed in the 2nd team..

If results fluctuate in any scientific test then you have a major problem with the testing data. I will switch to test leagues soon just taking time to set them up.

@mickyt11

There are no exploits and therefore no cheat tactics. It is obvious that FM is not the same as real football, which is much more dynamic .Many of the tactics will standard 442 451 4231 type tactic I would say that these are game tactics.

What tactics are you all using for away and difficult matches? I've won 40 straight home games with Warrior 442,but losing narrowly in knockout round of CC, and a few upsets in away games. Thanks for all of your contributions Knap! 

Edited by CVSeason

28 minutes ago, knap said:

@mickyt11

There are no exploits and therefore no cheat tactics. It is obvious that FM is not the same as real football, which is much more dynamic .Many of the tactics will standard 442 451 4231 type tactic I would say that these are game tactics.

Cheers mate, i thought that, much appreciated

on the topic of PPMs, it's important to be careful about PPMS like "gets forward whenever possible" with regard to midfielders and mentoring, because most of the tactics have a DLPS somewhere and if you have your AM setting up mentoring, you could get "gets forward" and "runs with ball often" and all kinds of ppms spread all across to people you don't want to have them.

It's annoying to the point where I almost prefer that none of my players have ppms related to movement; inside forwards with cuts inside for instance can be a real pain when they pass that ppm around to all of your attackers.

Weighted attributes Pdf

Attribute_Weights.pdf.pdf35.17 kB · 59 downloads

Filters from The Prof

filters_110854 (1).zip182.39 kB · 25 downloads

TEST RESULTS

You can use results in a few ways.

Top covers say top 5 Clubs in Division Mid the next 7 and then under dog.

Just use totals as an all round tactic.

Use best top at home and best underdog away or difficult games.

You can mix and match with your preferred formations.

It is just a guide to help identify right tactic.

RDF TRAINING SCHEDULES

For_Knaps_Tactics_One_Match_RDF.fmf19.24 kB · 176 downloads

For_Knaps_Tactics_Two_Matches_RDF.fmf19.24 kB · 148 downloads

Edited by knap

Has anyone found a consistent away tactic since the 21.5 update? If so, i'd love to know. Been testing so many tactics and all so inconsistent away from home. AI running  the length of the pitch and then dinking the goalkeeper, once again SI ruining the game with these updates!

On 14/01/2021 at 18:48, longruoi1 said:

I think @knapshould stick with an all around team such as Liverpool. Liverpool have a strong squad that can adapt to many formation, they have only 2 new signings and the players are gelled together already. Those things really help eliminating a lot of RNG when you are testing ideas for new tactics. So instead of spending time setting up a team like Sheffield to fit his ideas, Knap should just use Liverpool to test, and keep prolifically providing us great tactics as he has been doing.

There is no "gelling" in fm touch. And you can go undefeated with an AM recommended tactic if you are using one of the top 3 teams in the game lmao. 

2 minutes ago, Wallings11 said:

Has anyone found a consistent away tactic since the 21.5 update? If so, i'd love to know. Been testing so many tactics and all so inconsistent away from home. AI running  the length of the pitch and then dinking the goalkeeper, once again SI ruining the game with these updates!

I have been using Warrior 442 with lowest line of engagement and it has worked the best for me. On mobile so I don't have the filename but it's a top one on the fmscout table. 

@knap

was using dark side of the moon 4132 all season and while it was very high scoring i was still dropping the occasional silly points. mainly in the big away games but also at home to teams like norwich and derby. i was still flying in the league but still wanted more. just noticed you updated the spreadsheet so switched to the hgf pts105 which is currently in the lead (still early days of course as you've only tested 3!) but it is doing absolutely amazing so far. and you made it way back in november! almost at the end of the season so no point posting any screenshots as i've used several different tactics. will hopefully finish a whole season with the hgf and post some results.

also it's my birthday today so will be sending you some beer money later no doubt when i'm drunk. really appreciate all the time and effort you put in to this to make it more enjoyable for the rest of us. it's crazy to think i've been using your tactics since 08 i think? cheers knap!